[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm curious, do any of you do sew-in wigs for cosplay or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I'm curious, do any of you do sew-in wigs for cosplay or lolita? I figured for at least lolita it'd be easier to manage than using the ol' pinning a wig down and more stable. This wouldn't work for extravagant hairstyles of course but just wondered if anyone else did this?
>>
File: IMG_20160423_203534.jpg (80 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_203534.jpg
80 KB, 480x480
>>9057180
I use braid in dreads and yarn braids for Dark Mori. Never tried a sew in but I'd like to. My hair is super thick and curly so it doesn't grow long well.
>>
>>9057239
White people with dreads is also so gross looking. Why.
>>
>>9057239
I don't know if it's the filter you're using or what but those dreads look like literal dog poop
>>
>>9057255
Its the camera. My camera is a potato.
>>
>>9057239
>white hippies in dreads

Disgusting
>>
>>9057260
Assuming I'm a hippy hahaha
>>
>>9057239
Anon, I'm not trying to mean but I bust out laughing at your dreads. They look EXACTLY like shit. Thanks for the cheer up, desu.
>>
>>9057265
No problem Anon
>>
>>9057265
I love the "I'm not trying to be mean" thing. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>9057239
ew, what the fuck
>>
>>9057239
White people stop getting dreads. You look like shit with them.
Your hair isn't meant to lock up like black hair
>>
>>9057180
I don't know why anyone would do a sew in for cosplay unless it's a natural look and they don't plan on wearing multiple looks during a con. Braids though, one of my friends gets braids in between cons so she'll wear them during meets and shit, no one's cared.
>>
I don't think that this is very cost effective unless you have very terrible natural hair and wear lolita basically every day. A relatively nice wig is like $60 and the sew in stuff is a few hundred for the initial application and it's pretty expensive to maintain. It's better just to buy a wig unless you're planning on wearing it for hours and hours every day and it would be too uncomfortable. Regardless I'd love to get extensions, just wouldn't get them expressly for lolita purposes
>>
>>9057239
Isnt this the same crappy anon who posted in a hair threads months ago and everyone yelled at her to get her hair out of dreads and she kept trying to defend them to high hell and wound up getting butt hurt?
>>
>>9057239
yikes anon. i dont even dislike dreads but damn these are bad.
>>
>>9057401
No, that one was a guy.
>>
>>9057239
......just get yarn box braids if you want a faux dread look, these don't look good...s-sorry...
>>
>>9057239
Who takes a photo like that and thinks, "Yep. Flattering." Even if this was a 'Ha im so ugly dumb face haha' photo, its just as shitty.
>>
>>9057436
I said I do box braids. Go read it anon.
>>
>>9057180
>cosplay
Only do this if you plan on doing a character an entire con weekend and if they have a hairstyle you're comfortable wearing for a long time. Like Michiko who wears her hair in a typical black female style with almost every look. I'm actually having a problem debating if I should do like the ponytail in your image because she has an identical style, but I don't have any intention of dedicating the entire con weekend to that 1 cosplay.

Trying to fit a sew in under a wig is a mistake no one should have to experience.

I think it could work for lolita provided you have the means and time to style it into something appropriate. It would be a major waste of money- not to mention physical agony, to have it removed so fast.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.