[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Local Comm Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: whores.jpg (91 KB, 503x380) Image search: [Google]
whores.jpg
91 KB, 503x380
Old thread died, talk about your local lolita comm here!
>>
>>9054647
I love my comm!! They may not dress very well (with the exception of maybe three girls), but at least they're nice. I feel bad for people in comms with e-fame whores and salty cunts
>>
How to find?
>>
>>9054647
One of the members in the comm near my area is one of my favorite lolita YouTubers...I kind of live vicariously through her videos.
>>
I'm a dude but I like lolita. What do the comms do?
>>
>>9054997
If you can act like a normal person, make an effort to look presentable, and hold your own in conversations, no one's gonna give a fuck.
>>
>>9054999
I'm asking what do the comms do.
>>
>>9055020
Lurk more
>>
>>9055020
They're... not gonna give a fuck? Are you asking if there's a specific protocol for guys who like lolita? If you show up to a meetup and aren't a creeper or sperg, no one's going to do anything.
>>
>>9054997
>>9055020

It's just a lolita club for girls who like lolita. They sometimes hold meets so girls can wear lolita together and drink tea in lolita together. It's like a book club or anime club, except it's lolita club.

Don't bother trying to join a comm, and for god's sake don't show up to a lolita meetup. Many autistic thirsty dudes before you have tried it and gotten turned away, flamed and branded as creepers for it.
>>
Are there any comms in Massachusetts?
>>
>>9055636
There are two. Both are very nice although I recommend you try searching facebook or the comm list next time before asking here because you'll get yelled "lurk more" at. In any case, search Boston Lolita Society or Western Massachusetts Lolita depending on which you live closer to.
>>
>>9055055
There's a guy who keeps coming to my comm's meetups like this. Fuck, he's so annoying. He knows nothing about the fashion but acts like a huge know it all. He wears ugly normalfag clothes and always makes an excuse why he's not wearing "a suit" God only knows what he means by suit
>>
>>9055782
Talk to the Admins. Tell them you're concerned for the welfare and safety of the Comm and he needs to be given the boot.
>>
>>9055782
Hopefully he means a literal suit or aristo. For our con lolita teaparty its required for men to wear formal wear if not lolita. I assume most cons are like this, so maybe he thought the male counterpart was a nice suit with a colored pocket square?
>>
How do you avoid drama in a drama-heavy comm? And how do you deal with those infamous drama llamas in your comm without stooping on their level?
>>
>>9057374
Don't talk to them outside of meets, and don't go to their meets. If drama is brought up during a meet either ask that they not talk about it or excuse yourself and move elsewhere.
>>
I am so so so hyped for the Kamikaze Movie meetup. BABY is bringing merch, goodbye money!!
>>
>>9054997
You can join a comm, but you will eventually be targeted. Eventually you will be kicked out.
>>
Montana comm? What is even up here? I think there is a tiny cosplay comm but have never heard of any lolitas around. I moved recently so maybe i just dont know shit?
>>
>>9055787
He isn't dangerous imo, just very annoying. Like Reddit incarnate. I could see him showing up in a fursuit or something if he weren't a poorfag. I don't want to be a cunt, especially since I'm probably annoying as an autistic brandwhore
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-16-20-15-30.png (105 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-16-20-15-30.png
105 KB, 480x854
>>9057959
And before anyone bitches, i allready tried the google docs.
>>
My comm is pretty dead when it comes to interesting people. We just had an influx of newbies come in that we usually are very welcome to. Yeah we have those who come here and post them in the ita threads when they post their first closet outfit. But it's really boring. The Lolitas with decent coordination skills have since vanished and our mod really hasn't modded much of any thing in the last few months. Maybe I'm just bored with my comm since I have been active in it since the livejournal days. But maybe it truely has become nothing but a newbie fest that the comm isn't interesting any more. There's only a certain amount of " can I make this sunflower sun dress Lolita if I put this Halloween petti under it? I can handle because I'm done saying the same thing over and over.
>>
>>9057959
Wait, you moved TO Montana? Isn't the state population like 2 now that you're there?
>>
>>9054997
If you're into lolita or related fashions (ouji, EGA) comms are just a way to hang out with people who wear those styles too. If you're genuinely into the fashion and not going there to perv on girls, lolita comms are generally pretty chill and accepting, unlike what other anons said. It's just that this style tends to attract a lot of creepers so we have to be wary.
>>
>>9057959
ahaha that makes 3 now.
Where in Montana are you; I'm in Missoula
>>
>>9058009
>Yeah we have those who come here and post them in the ita threads when they post their first closet outfit
Gee, I wonder why you can't meet anyone interesting...
>>
Probably a huge longshot, but I'm moving from NZ to Tasmania for six months with my fiance for work. I'm usually a lone lolita, but since I figure I won't have much time to network and gain solid friendships, I thought I may give the comm a try. I know there's a facebook page for them but i'm worried they're probably all ita or bogans in taobao? Does anyone have communication with any of the members or god forbid are there any tasmanians on this site?
>>
>>9058055
I think there's two tas Comms? They post their meets on YouTube if you're bothered to find them
>>
Pretty fucked up for LA comm moderators to not host an ILD but host an ILD event for themselves.
Fuck LA comm.
>>
>>9058054
Don't act like you don't have people in your comm that pounce on the opportunity to stoke their own ego by posting bad newbies first attempt at Lolita in an ita thread.
>>
>>9058147
Not that anon, but my comm definitely doesn't post new people to the ita thread. I have seen precisely one outfit from my comm criticised on cgl in the last two years and that was a long standing member who posted it to COF herself.

People often dress badly when they start, but posting them doesn't help- it just makes the comm look bad for being bitchy. We just give new people time to learn about lolita and direct them to places like Lolita Fashion Mentoring for advice- maybe you should do that if your bored of answering the same questions?
>>
>>9058225
Sounds like you have a nice comm. sound fictitious but there may be some comms out there that are composed of decent human beings. Not my comm. too many people trying to be e-famous and throwing eachother under the bus.
>>
>>9057424
I want to go so bad but I'm just a tourist so I'm not sure if my plans will work out. I feel bad though. I don't own anything BTSSB/AatP or old school at all. I know it probably doesn't matter but I feel scared attending since I won't fit in or know anyone there.
>>
>>9058291
Is it in seattle?
>>
>>9058147
No. I like the people in my comm? Even the spergy newbies. My mom used to be a bus attendant on and handicap bus so I grew up around disabled kids and adults. They're nice.
>>
>>9058351
No I'm assuming anons are talking about the one near LA.
>>
>>9058287
My comm tells people to read the hand book and we have a fairly strict dress code. But no, we don't shame newcomers.
>>
>>9058135
Agree. LA comm is pretty bullshit.
>>
>>9058351
It's in Long Beach
>>
>>9057968
Isn't there a dress code or something? All meets at my comm, it's required to dress lolita, ouji, or aristo. The only exception is swap meets where there are people entering or leaving the fashion. Why the heck is he even there if he's not properly participating in the fashion?

And if there are girls who come not in lolita because they give the excuse they can't afford it... Well, it's not really a lolita comm.

If you want to avoid asking the admins to remove him, arrange for your own private meets.
>>
My local comm has been pretty good for having well dressed and interesting/fun people in it but there's been a massive influx of obnoxious itas lately. Wish they'd improve (both dress and personality wise!) or just fuck off at this point.
>>
>>9058291
if they do, you should come! i also don't have any oldschool but it's a lolita event period. wear whatever you want. besides, when else would you get the opportunity to watch a lolita movie with a bunch of other lolitas?? :D
>>
>>9058358
>>9058135

you two sound reeeeeeal salty.

don't see you crying about the other ILD meet that was ACTUALLY A HOSTED MEET FOR THE COMM.

perhaps you didn't see, but it wasn't a meet that the mods had. just a tea with friends, so you enjoy that salt.
>>
I really love my comm. We have at least one meet a month, but usually more, even if they're a little smaller. Everyone's pretty patient and helpful to newbies and itas, and we have a lot of very well-dressed girls! There's plenty who are still learning (myself included) but I think a lot of us are improving!

I've seen a couple photos posted in ita threads that were obviously from our comm page, which is a bit disheartening. But someone's usually here to explain/defend without being an embarrassing whiteknight, so there's that. Supposedly before I joined there was some drama, but in the past year there's been nothing of note!

All in all, excellent comm that I'm very, very proud to be part of and look forward to being more active in!
>>
Does anyone know if there's a lolita comm in indiana? The ones i've seen look pretty dead when i last checked.
>>
>>9058763
Aww anon you're so sweet! Okay I'll try not to let my shyness get the best of me. Hopefully if plans work out, I'll be there! Would people get food after the meet or hang around or just go home? I'd like to stick around and chitchat if there's a good vibe going on but I wanted to know what to expect.
>>
>>9058765
yeah...after the mod's had announced 2 weeks before ILD that they weren't gonna host an event. Good thing someone picked up the pieces and hosted one at Chado.

lol it was an ILD meet up. One of the guests uploaded a photo on Instagram of the menu and it literally says summer ILD on it. And all the mod's were there. So fuck LA comm.

I'd rather go to an SD meet anyway. Less e-fame hungry girls.
>>
>>9058814
people are free to do whatever they like after! it's likely they will get food, i don't think there's a place to really "hang out" at after the movie. plus i think they will likely want us all out so they can get into operating mode for the evening :)
>>
>>9058814
>>9058846
My friends and I are coming from pretty far away (2 hour drive) so we are almost certainly going to hang out for a while after before driving home. I'd love to meet you!
>>
>>9058135
>>9058358
Agreed LA comm has gone to shit. and the worst part was that they mods had their own special ILD meet, didn't invite anyone but themselves/efamers, and spammed it all over Instagram and Facebook. Don't give me that shit "it's a private meet between friends" because they posted more photos from that fucking meet than they did the winter ILD. I guess trying to boost their efame or rub it in people's faces?

Is OC or SD better than this?
>>
>>9058822
>>9058876
>SD comm
>no e-fame chasers
then again, the thirsty girls there just aren't attractive enough or good enough at coordinating to get famous
>>
>>9058822
I know people here have a lot of autism over "private meets" but that's fucked up for real.
>>
>>9058769
This sounds like my comm - tons of super sweet girls, lots of meets, etc. Where are you located anon??
>>
My comm has been overrun with summer itas in the last couple weeks. The worst part is people keep encouraging eachother and it's become an echo chamber. Hot Topic dresses, "I'm buying these things from Amazon because I buy normie stuff from there all the time", untrimmed gross wigs, and constant posts that belong on a personal blog. It hurts.
>>
>>9059005
I'm 99% sure we're in the same comm. the amazon thing fucking killed me.
>>
>>9058876
>>9058993
>>9058822

LA girls really are entitled, aren't they?

1. Any major commwide event I've seen has always been announced at LEAST two months before the event. Did they fuck up by announcing it two weeks before ILD? IMO no, but I could see why people are upset over that one. 2 weeks is still plenty of time to get together your own meet if you want, though. So are you pissed because someone else didn't do all the heavy lifting for you, that you have to do more than just show up in your frilly dress and have a good time? Maybe call up a nearby tea house and make your own reservations? Is it that difficult? Or just do something else to celebrate it with, you know, lolitas you like and want to hang out with?

2. The Chado one was planned before the mods announced any event/non-event. You apparently just aren't in the loop enough to have secured a ticket until the mods announced it in the FB group.

3. They didn't even have it on ILD weekend??? Was it really for ILD?

4. Who besides Automatic Honey were e-famers in that group? I think you attach a lot of importance to people who, let's face it, aren't so fucking important. Let them have their tea, and damn that place looked nice. I'd take a fuckton of photos if I was there too whether I was e-famous or not.

5. Everything is not about you.
>>
>>9054997
Be aware that you WILL be treated with more suspicion than a woman because of countless stories of creeps/predators trying to join comms/harassing lolitas. If you can really prove that you're serious about it, they should accept you just fine
>>
>>9054647
>tfw no group of other decently dressed girls wearing sweet to go out with
Everyone in my comm who dresses in sweet dresses like absolute garbage and always says "no concrit!" when they post their coords on fb. I still love them though because they're genuinely nice girls but ugh...
>>
>>9058799
There should be one on FB, and was fairly active a couple years ago. Not sure about now, I was purged for inactivity (too busy with school for frills). Most meets were around Indy iirc.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x532
>>9059005
You can buy some good stuff on Amazon if you know what your doing. I got the shoes in the picture from there and they where only 60 dollars. I know I could have gotten them cheaper with a shopping service but I had a 100 dollar Amazon card I needed to spend.
>>
>>9059000
I'm in the Midwest! I don't wanna say specifically, I know not everyone in the comm is particularly fond of cgl, so I'm always hesitant to say I post here haha.
>>
>>9059346
This person doesn't. They are the same person as the HT dress now that I think about it...They posted some Milanoo coats.
>>
>>9059284
A few of your points are valid, but yeah it was for ILD, look at the photos on Instagram. Not only was it tagged "ILD", the girls said themselves they were getting together for ILD. Was on a Sunday also.

No one would be upset if they:
A. Announced there'd be no meet at least a month in advanced. Two weeks isn't that bad, but a lot of places still need more notice.

B. Didn't spam the photos everywhere, especially after many were upset with the fact there was no big meet. Just bad taste. It's their responsibility as mods to create meets, not just run a Facebook group. Yeah life gets busy but don't be a mod if you can't do it.
>>
>>9058623
My comm is bad in that respect, a lot of the girls wear generally kawaii stuff or cosplay to our lolita meetups. There just aren't very many lolitas. It's a pretty poor area and so only a few of us have brand, even though we've showed the younger ones where to get good deals.

I will have to try private meets, that's a great idea. Nobody in the comm has done one as long as I've been there
>>
>>9058799
Yes but all the meets have been in Indy that I know of. Some of the girls wanted to have meets in Fort Wayne and maybe kokomo iirc but I don't think they ever happened. I'm in southern IN (nowhere near b-town though) if you ever want to hang out. I can't remember the name of the comm's fb page, but I found it by using the search function on fb with something like "Indiana lolita"
>>
>>9059346
You wut m8

Those look like angelic imprint, they should be 30 usd on taobao
>>
>>9059406
Not after shipping charges tho.
>>
>>9059406
They are angelic imprint and shipping from taobao is about 30 dollars extra so they would be the same. But I also got mine within two weeks. Where with taobao and a shopping service it would be a month or more.
>>
>>9054987
Who is it?
>>
>>9059397
I'm just going to assume that the LA comm is big, so shouldn't everyone have assumed there wasn't going to be a big meet if it wasn't announced a few months in advance? Putting on meets takes a lot of extra time and money, way more than say just going out to tea on a whim and calling it an ILD celebration.
>>
>>9059460
I could be wrong, but the summer one was announced only like a month in advanced from what I remember.
>>
>>9059481
Maybe my comm just announces things super early. We always know about the big meets like 6 weeks to 2 months in advance.
>>
>>9058876
Sounds like a comm close to me. Passed off as a meet between friends. Ends up being called comm for unsaid city.
>>
>>9059353
I'm nosey anon. Share this oasis with the rest of us who are doing the struggle with our comms. I personally love hearing something good about the Midwest. There has been quite a bit of drama in the last year or two.
>>
>>9058876
I guess I can see why people are salty but when you actually give it two seconds of thought, putting together a tea party for a group of friends is way less effort then booking a venue, setting up ticket sales, organizing events, securing raffle prizes ect. for an entire comm.
>>
>>9059397
So my question is, should all mods be hiding their pictures away? I see people post pictures of their meets all the time. If you have a private outing with friends, should everything on FB/Insta/Tumblr/Twitter be locked down and private?

That sounds rather demanding. Let people be happy doing things, I say. Why does anyone get so bothered??? I just don't understand this train of thought. "I'm not in the picture, I'm very upset"??
>>
>>9059752
The place looks good and hopefully they find it as a potential ILD winter event venue. That is what I believe they are doing and just spending time with close friends.

But like someone said above, one of the picture specifically shows a menu with the title ILD SUMMER 2016 Tea menu, so that kind of rubs viewers the wrong way. Other photos are just good times for them and it's nice to see. And just the fact the community was told 2 weeks before ILD weekend that there was no grand meet for the whole community. A month would of been nice so others can plan, and the hostesses who hosted Chado were only able to reserve for about 10 people.
>>
>>9059353
I'm also in the Midwest, wonder if it's the same comm.....
>>
>>9059425
link or search words please?
>>
>>9059892
Just Amazon search dongya Lolita. It's the seller and they sell a shit ton of shoes. I found them on accident while going through the pages upon pages of crappy shit labeled Lolita.
>>
>>9058846
Just meant like in general a place to gather together not specifically at the theater haha, I understand that they'll probably want all those pettis out.

>>9058855
Anon same here! I'm visiting a city roughly 2 hours away as well. Since circumstances may change I can't say I'll go for sure but I definitely hope so! I'd love to meet you guys and hang out. I'm going to drop a throwaway because I'd like to get to know you better if that's okay! [email protected]
>>
>>9059353
>>9059877
Missouri?
>>
>>9059571
That's a shame, I haven't heard too much about nearby drama except OH once in a while? Everyone seems so quiet around here!

>>9059877
>>9060023
Michigan!
>>
>>9059438
Melzjelly. She's so freaking adorable, and seems really sweet.
>>
>>9060054
Honestly I think a lot of the Michigan comm frequents cgl... myself included. But I'm also loving our comm, I haven't seen any drama for the few years I've been a member and I think it's helped me improve a lot.
>>
>>9059397
>it's their responsibility as mods to make meets

I'm gonna stop you there. I'm a mod of my community, and my job includes the following: accepting new members, making sure troll/spam accounts don't get in, making sure community posts are on topic, and helping newbies with dumb questions that no one else with answer. It's not my job to put in all the effort into planning meets year-round.

I did help run a big ILD event for my comm. Do you realize how stressful it is? And expensive? Demanding the mods run big meets for you is so ridiculous to me. The fact that you've been constantly bitching and arguing about this since before ILD yet you still bring it up every chance you can, I wouldn't want you in my community. I think you have issues.
>>
>>9060126
I lived in Michigan before I was able to wear lolita due to money. I wish I would have been able to be in the Mi comm... The comm i'm in now feels generally unhelpful and overall pretty cold to one another.
>>
>>9060130
True. I've noticed my meets are all hosted by other members, not the mods at all. I hardly even know the mods and probably haven't even met them yet
>>
>>9060152
That's disappointing anon... I would say move back, but that's not really helpful. I guess you kind of have to rely on the online community at that point. Maybe try starting more conversation on the comm page to try to get members a little more active and friendly towards one another?
>>
>>9055026
...can you not read? They want to know what people do at meets not what they'll do to them
>>
>>9060130
It seems when it comes to big things like ILD, LA comm depends on the mods to make a big event for it like last year. Last year was great! Really though, if they did announce that there was not going to be one made by them month or two in advance, someone else would of stepped up and did the job. Not every lolita goes on CGL and see the complaints.
>>
you're all cunts
>>
>>9060207
Who?
>>
>>9060280
well, yeah
>>
>>9060054
Yep, Michigan!

>>9060126
Mmm yeah I never got the impression that a ton of people were anti-cgl here. It's just generally a great comm.
>>
>>9060130
This. I am also a mod in my community and the mods plan a large majority of our meets. Occasionally we will get asked why we don't do a certain type of meet and I have to remind them that there is no rule stating only mods are allowed to plan meets.

We only plan them so often to keep activity up along with wanting to go out our selves. But I am starting to get burnt out on always planning meets. I've started going out of state to other communities events because it's nice to go to a meet without having to worry about being a host.
>>
>>9060130
My community has a rule that all meets must be approved by a mod in order to be made. A mod also must attend every meet to assure people are getting along and not taking about other members of the comm. if your meet is disapproved by the mod, you can still make the meet. But you can not make a post about it in the group, post photos from it in the group, talk about it in the group and ask for help from the group when you plan it. So we are perpetually stuck in going to revolving table sushi, tea houses and Japanese flower gardens. It's soo boring. I tried to plan a 21 and up meet at a local up scale bar for a wine testing. And it got shot down because the head mod couldn't bring her baby. Another girl wanted to plan a monthly later evening dinner meet at various place because several girls work grave shifts and don't want to fuck up their sleep for a boring tea meet. That got shut down because again baby mod couldn't bring her baby and didn't want to find a baby sitter.

At this point I'm not even active in the community any more and fly solo with my husband. He loves the fashion although he doesn't want to participate in it outside a nice button up shirt and a sports jacket. We do our date night every two weeks and I wear Lolita for that. Because it's something I do alone I can post my outfits on the group page. But if I went out with some of my Lolita friends to like a movie or dinner. We can't post the images on the group page or talk about it since it was an unapproved meet.
>>
>>9060638
I am also a mod and regular members dont understand how stressful it can get, especially because we are basically doing all this work for free, because you know. It's fun. But it can be stressful and we take breaks from making meets from time to time. Any member can make meetups in most communities, I don't know why they bitch so much about wanting things a certain way when they themselves can run it. And the actual making of the event isn't nearly as stressful as all the stupid repeated questions that we get that are already written in the fucking description istg
>>
>>9060769
This sounds like a nightmare. Holy shit. You should start your own comm! You can't be the only one annoyed with all those bullshit restrictions
>>
i dont have a comm but i spent the day with the only other lolita within a 6 hour drive from me and we had an amazing time, even though we were both super sweaty cause it was insanely hot out! i always wish for a bigger comm but im so thankful for what i have now
>>
>friend jokingly (?) posts on facebook about a cheese meet because cheese is awesome
>bunch of comm members chime in their support
>ten minutes later, cheese meet event is created, byoc

It's tomorrow. I'm so excited.
>>
>>9060806
As a lover of cheese I'm disappointed I'm missing this meet.
Have fun!
>>
>>9060806
I'm so mad I have work and can't go I might just buy cheese and gorge myself at home
>>
>>9060838
>>9060837
We'll skype you in
>>
My local comm is pretty packed with amazing sweet girls and It sucks because they're all so sweet and not that bad dressed. the bad thing is our mods are soo sweet that you canalmost tell they're full of salt. They've talked shit on so many girls in our comm and have even posted girls from THEIR OWN COMM in the ita threads. so rant short, our comm has amazing girls but shitty mods.
>>
>>9060784
Many of us do hate it how it's run. We have considered making a new one but also don't want to deal with the aftermath of the head mod losing her cool and raging about what cunts we are for making our own comm. Before she was head mod, she was a frequent poster here and on Lolita secrets before it moved to behind the bows. So we know she comes in here still and is probably the one that likes to post all the newcomers when they post their first Lolita outfits. I mean it's funny to see how bad a new Lolita is, but she would rather post them here anon and laugh at them then actually provide help and guide them in a right direction like the rest of the group do. Most of the newbies take very well to construct crit with the exception of maybe 4 in the last two years. So I don't see a point in posting them when they actually are trying to better themselves.

I also may be moving to Connecticut so I can't really make the group as I won't be in this state much longer.
>>
>>9060842
Update: I just read the spreadsheet of cheese and am now more saddened by my inability to consume cheeses with the rest of you. Please drop a crumble of cheese on the ground to remember me by.
>>
>>9060769
That sounds like what my comm's only mod did as well. She recently made a rule saying that all meets must be approved by her first before it can actually be created and posted to the group. She also made an "all or none" rule - basically saying that private meets between friends, if they do happen, are not allowed to be posted onto the group page. Honestly, it sucks. There hasn't been a meetup since ILD since the mod hasn't even planned the majority of meetups that have happened in the past.
>>
>>9060934
>>9060769
Aside from powertripping, what reason do mods have for doing this? Seems unnecessary, imo.
>>
>>9060942
I'm >>9060934. I can see where she's coming from, since she made some of these rules as a response to some recent drama that was happening within the comm. At the same time, though, it stifles people's motivation to make meetups as well as the amount of overall activity that happens within the comm.
>>
>>9060918
>Connecticut

This place is awful. Don't know why anyone would bother moving here.
>>
>>9060955
I'm moving there because I was offered a higher position and significantly higher pay raise within my work. Not because I got a wild idea to move l there. I like my job and hope to one day go to our Europe facility. Moving to Connecticut gives me better odds.
>>
>>9060942
Control probably. I'm >>9060769 and see it the same way. But if you know any thing about the mod and the drama that came from the community you would know she's very very nuts about controlling others in the fashion.

>>9060934 depends on what comm you're in. I don't want to say since it would out me more then I halve already outed myself. And I know if I leave the comm, the mod will use every post I make on COF a reason to post me here.
>>
>>9060987
>>9060934 again. I know we're not in the same comm because my mod absolutely condemns /cgl/. (Luckily, she hasn't tried to forbid the comm members from browsing it) It sucks to hear about the position you're in, though. It seems like you have less freedom in that comm than me.
>>
>>9060934
I dont understand why you *would* want to post about private meets between friends on the comm page anyway? It's like "here's what we did guys, sorry we didn't invite you teehee!"
>>
>>9060806
Cheese meet should be an annual event. Screw ILD, I just wanna eat a lot of savory curdled milk
>>
>>9061353
Because it's normal to post things you do in life on social media. I don't hang out with other lolitas very much at all, but I still understand that posting pictures of hangouts in when you go out on a day to day basis is completely normal
>>
>>9061353
>>9061385
I agree that it's stupid if it actually is a private meet and not just friends hanging out, but actual private meets seem very rare. For example the same 20 people having meets and refusing to talk to anyone else during normal meets vs just some friends hanging out in lolita. On one hand I'd be interested in good pics and photoshoots from meets like that, but if it's just mirror pics and talking about how you had a meet and shutting down anyone who's even slightly interested I don't see the point of posting that in your community as opposed to your personal social media.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 360x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 360x265
>>9061353
Except I don't LMAO. I fucking post it on my personal social media instead. It's common sense so salty bitches like you don't get butthurt about not being invited.
>>
>>9061384
>curdled
ANON PLEASE.
>>
>>9060806
I'm actually really jealous. It's a fun, cute idea for a meet. Plus cheese can be paired with so many yummy things. You're gonna have a great time.
>>
>>9060769
What comm is this?
>>
>>9060769
>(not allowed to...)post about it in the group, post photos from it in the group, talk about it in the group

Is this what normal comms do? Our comm page seems to be exclusively "please rsvp by whenever", posting the upcoming meets, and the occasial look at this jfashion! video everyone in the comm has already shared on their personal page.
Is this usually for bigger comms?

My comm i would say is relatively small. Average attendance is usually 4-8 people. Big events like con tea parties may get 20-25 on a good year with quite a bit of unfamiliar faces. Most regulars or semi regulars have been part of the comm for at least 3-4 years and anyone new since then has only attendend once or twice never to return. We have one mod but anyone can host events. The mod appears to be a little stuck up but her friends usually do all the dirty work. She only seems to be bothered by other people planning ILD though this may have been because this was their first meet they were planning. Photos are usually uploaded by whoever took the photos personal page in an album and whoever attends is tagged in the photo. The albums may or may not be only available for those who are tagged.

I am part of my "state" and country comms but those are more "where do i find a petti coat" "have you heard of milanuuu?!!" and other basic questions with the semi regular tourist asking if an event will happen when theyre in town. The countries popular lolita and its neighboring country events will also often be advertised
>>
>>9061385
>>9061425
You guys seem to misunderstand. I was talking about posting to a GROUP PAGE your outings, not your own PERSONAL social media, jfc. The group doesn't need to know everytime you and your squad go out for fucking tea and scones, just like groups don't need to know when someone has a new dress arrive in the mail. The group is for discussion of topics or events relevant to everyone not you and your crew.
>>
>>9061408
Bless you for your reading comprehension.
>>
>>9061408
My comm has a look book that the members can post to. Most who have private meets will post their looks in there and say something like " my outfit for a meet up with *other comm member here*" my group is prey relaxed with it. Sometimes a few get butt hurt that someone had a "meet" without an invite. But it's usually just Lolita friends deciding to go out as friends to something.
>>
>>9061539
> what is reading comprehension
As I said earlier, I don't post photos to private meets to the group page. Never have, never will. Those meets are private for a reason. It doesn't make sense to inform people who aren't on my own personal social media about things I did with friends, even if it is a lolita gathering. It's just attention-seeking.
>>
>>9061384
Ditto. I'm working today and can't go, but will def plan ahead if it becomes a yearly thing. Which it should.
>>
>>9060806
>want to plan cheese meet
>too many vegans
>>
>>9058765
It was a "public meet". I asked one of the girls and she said it was a "ticketed meet with few seats".

It looks bad to say it was public and ticketed when the mods said there was no ILD meet for the LA comm but still paraded around all over saying "some pictures of our local comms ILD meet uwu It was fun to see everyone #lacomm #ild #lolita"

Can we all agree hanging out with friends is not a meet and shouldn't even be considered one and a meet is publicly announced and invited event for everyone to go and have a chance to go.
>>
File: 1466374903349.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1466374903349.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>9060925
Crumbled one out for you, anon. Wish you were here
>>
Can anyone tell me what the LA comm is like? All I know is that it's huge.
>>
>>9061600
if there's that many why don't they just bring vegan cheese to share? that's what I'd do!
>>
>>9061806
They're very nice.
>>
>>9060773
Question: if it's so stressful, why can't you quit being a mod and hand over the reigns to someone else? Will the comm really divide without specifically you there?
>>
>>9061870
Different anon, but stress is one of those things that comes with being a mod, regardless of who you are. It's unpaid work with little gratitude and lots of bitching from people who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.
>>
>>9061880
This. Basically, if you're not stressed you're doing it very very wrong.
>>
I am moving to St. Louis in the fall, the comm seems pretty iffy...any insite?
>>
>>9061869
Please don't devolve this thread into one about veganism. We're talking about comms and mods. There's a good argument going on about what precisely are the duties of a comm mod?

I personally feel uncomfortable with mods that do most of their mod work online, and haven't attended or organized actual meets in over a year. The three mods we have in our comm are like this. Over the last several years of our comm, the actual attendees of meetups realize how terrible of a person the main mod is, because she scams members of their handmade stuff by delaying payment and using social pressure to delay said payments. The few people who resist her bullshit and demand to be paid, will eventually get paid, but later she would later try to talk shit about them out of earshot later. The other two mods are not bad people, but are somehow completely blind to her shenanigans, or complacent to it.

I'm not even sure those mods realize how far they've isolated themselves from the rest of the comm.
>>
>>9061916
Literally no one in my old comm has ever met this one mod in person because she hasn't gone to a meet since 2005.
>>
Is there advice on staging an intervention with a fellow Comm member?

We have a member in our Comm who has become despondent recently. The lolita has not attended any meetup and has not worn it. We miss the person dearly. I wonder if there is anything to do to help this person get on a better path. I hate meddling, but we're friends of the lolita. We talked to Admin concerning the situation and has given us blessing.
>>
>>9061949
This isn't the place for This kind of advicem Try r relationships.
>>
>>9061949
I think it would be a much better idea to have whoever is closest to her have a one on one talk with her before involving a bunch of people. Not participating in things you love can be a sign of depression and if that's the case then she might feel more comfortable talking to one person at a time about it first.
>>
I'm curious, what are the most popular girls in your comms like? What about them makes them so well liked? Do you personally think it's well deserved or do you find them overrated?
>>
>>9061958
Nobody in my comm is especially "popular," it's pretty chill and nice. I have the biggest wardrobe but I'm not really active on online comm's so no one knows me. I don't think i could handle the pressure of trying to be e-famous
>>
>>9060806
>see this
>imagine cheese meet with everybody dressed in white and wearing white hats like in The Boxtrolls

Fuck, I'm so jealous. I don't think my comm would be down for something like that though.
>>
>>9061658
Couldn't have said it better myself. And no one was invited to that "meet" who wasn't a friend of the mod.

There's nothing wrong with them getting tired of hosting meets with little thanks, it's completely reasonable. However the way they're showing off their special "meet" is just bad taste, especially after the surprise of no big ILD meet.
>>
>>9061952
Agreeing here. I was on a medication-induced deep depression for about a year. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth when it came to lolita. I was having suicidal thoughts as well. I'm also a mod of my comm, which was doubly bad. It was an overall awful time. Definitely have someone close talk with her and see if she's doing okay. At least knowing that someone cares could help significantly. Nobody even knew I was going through this.
>>
>>9061806
Huge is correct. I've been in it for about a year and still feel like I haven't really gotten to know more than a couple girls. With numbers this large, it's natural that people split into smaller groups and get clique-y, so if you're as socially awkward as I am and have no in, it can be difficult to break into the groups. Haven't had any bad or unpleasant experiences however.
>>
>>9061802
Lol, I have that same dress.
I'm living through you anon.
>>
>>9061600
Don't bring up vegans. That's when they come in here and spew their vegan politics at you. Just make it easy and avoid that topic.

But as with all meets, those with allergies or special diets should call the facility to see if there is any thing they can eat. And if not, they can bring their own or simply not eat but enjoy the company.
>>
>>9061658
Not sure who the heck you talked to, but I'm fairly certain the mod's meet/tea/outing was strictly friends and private. It was not announced as a comm meet at all. The one hosted by Sophie(?) was a public one with tickets.

Please define "parading all around" because to my knowledge, one lolita uploaded a full album of pictures of their tea to her own facebook, and other guests uploaded some selfies and food pics to their own instagrams. And again, how is this offensive? I see pictures of lolitas at meets with friends and selfies all the time.

I can agree that hanging out with friends is not a meet. I'm not sure where you got the impression that they were saying "oh look at our LA meet" because I didn't get that impression scrolling through the pics.

Still really confused about how people can get upset about this. I am literally friends with all the girls who went, didn't get an invite (wouldn't have been able to go, anyway, I was working) and I don't feel offended? They are much closer to each other than I am to any of them.

>>9062011
>And no one was invited to that "meet" who wasn't a friend of the mod.

... Why would they invite someone who wasn't a friend???
>>
>>9062173
I think people are in favor of this being an annual meetup (if not monthly?!). You'll be there with us next time!!
>>
>>9061802
THANK YOU! I love you guys <3
>>
>>9062198
I'll be rejoicing if it's monthly, or even seasonally. I'm only in the city for uni, so sadly I can't make any of the summer events.
>>
>>9062190
It's nice and all that they all went out together with close friends.

One of the girls' photos showed a menu with the title "ILD Summer 2016", and that was on public IG. It's like a slap in the face to some in the community after waiting patiently for announcement of an ILD event, but instead got a 2 week announcement that there was none. If it was announced at least a month in advance, the hostess of Chado would of been able to book the whole place so they can have more guest, or other Lolitas would of made some kind of meet up for the community at large for the sake of the special day. We've become so dependent on the mods for the annual big meet ups.
>>
>>9062286
Legit question: is the majority of the LA comm in high school or just out? Because the level of upset at a single private meet seems off the charts.
>>
>>9062286
..I don't understand why 2 weeks wasn't enough time for some of you guys to figure something out..........if so many of you were anticipating a meet up, why didn't you band together to make yourselves one? A potluck picnic, trip to the museum. You guys live in fucking LA, is it really that hard to coordinate an outing or are you that entitled?
>>
I like most of my comm but honestly there are so many special snowflakes, weirdo's and just people with not a healthy mental status in it. I guess the fashion attracts people like that, but somewhere I'm not okay with it.
>>
>>9062286
Uh, just so you know, ILD doesn't have to be an entire comm event. Plenty of lolitas spend it by themselves or in smaller groups. LA comm is just lucky because we have people who are willing to put in the effort to plan a large event for the day, considering how many people are in the comm itself. Many comms don't get that privilege. The fact that nothing was said a month before ILD should've hinted at you that nothing big was going to happen, let alone something community-wide. Don't feel like you're entitled to a pre-planned party. If you want one, go make one. Don't shit on other people's fun just because you weren't invited and were too lazy to do something yourself. I wasn't invited to the tea party either (don't really know any of them very personally), but I still planned a small outing with my friends on ILD because we know we don't have to rely on the mods and are willing to make our own fun.

I also really don't understand why you and other people are so upset just because the mods (who are all really good friends with each other so of course they'd invite one another) wanted to have an intimate outing, take cute photos, etc. So the mods aren't allowed to have their own fun? Are they not allowed to post their own fun on their own social media? Are they your personal party-planning slaves who should be planning your frilly tea parties 24/7? Wow. Fuck off their assholes. "IF I CAN'T HAVE AN ILD, NO ONE CAN." Jesus, LA comm entitlement is very real and I'm so fucking tired of it.
>>
>>9062360
I honestly wish I could say it was, because it'd be understandable why there's so much salt. But I would say the majority of the LA comm is well past high school age. Most of us are working adults.

>>9062286
>One of the girls' photos showed a menu with the title "ILD Summer 2016", and that was on public IG. It's like a slap in the face to some in the community after waiting patiently for announcement of an ILD event, but instead got a 2 week announcement that there was none.

I hope you're aware that the title "Summer ILD" is not exclusive to anyone. You could have made your own outing and named it that.

Also, did it ever occur to you that you don't have to "wait patiently"? If you were curious, and it was so important (as it seems that your lolita life depended on THEIR making of a meet), wouldn't you have simply messaged and asked one of the mods if there was going to be a meet?

This seems to be a case of butthurt that could have been solved very easily in a number of different ways, but you chose to be immature and salty about it instead of doing something of your own accord.
>>
I would just like to point out the obvious here.
If you don't like how something is working out, take it upon yourself to make it better.
If you want to have a meet, get some folks together, make a meet and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Bitching and moaning is for high-school, girls, try to act like you aren't emotionally crippled for once.
>>
>>9062360
No, some of them are just stupid and/or entitled.

The funny thing is, when there actually was an ILD comm meet (one of the bigger ones), people came on here complaining that the meet was too expensive/too far/food wasn't good/not worth it/etc. There is no meet, people whine. There is a meet, people whine. I can see why it must be pretty frustrating for anyone to actually want to plan a large meet for the comm.
>>
>>9062360
>>9062415
It's sad because it seems like even our fresh out of highschool and/or younger members are more considerate and less entitled than some of the other members when it comes to meetup planning.
>>
>>9062424
*meetups planned by other people.
>>
>>9062384
Jfc even some anon's comm in the thread made a spontaneous cheese meet out of thin air because they're not a bunch of bitching cunts
>>
>>9061906
Yeah they've had drama in the past. Some itas, some well-dressed girls.
>>
File: image.png (204 KB, 637x1098) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204 KB, 637x1098
Changing the subject but who is thinking about going to this? And who are these people running it?
>>
>>9062286
Waiting patiently for a meet up? Wtf if it was that important to you then you could have at least asked if there was going to be one. Instead you complain to make drama.

I have no sympathy for you.
>>
>>9061958
You have to define popular.
But we have on girl whos a regular and friends with our stuckup/stand offish mod but shes the sweetest girl and most welcoming. Even if the mod is likely to give you side eye and talk shit to her, she has never said anything mean about anyones coord and even gives sincere compliments to itas (where and when they deserve it). We have another girl who seems to be competitive and has been trying to take our new members and be super sweet to them... but you can see that she talks shit about others, shares crude lolita memes on facebook and self posts here. Her photos are also tagged with at least twenty tags nad she comments on a large percentage of CoF and rufflechat posts, so shes the closest to efame/popularity as hungry as she is for it.
The thing about the competitve one is shes good friends with a fatty chan whos a drama monger and thinks fatty chan is honest, all those meanie things really happened and she was unfairly kicked out of the comm. Said friend banned from any of our comm/con events that our mod runs and this newer competitive girl starts shit every event because fatty chan always gets her ticket refunded.
>>
>>9063079
Murder mystery sounds like fun! Wish we had that here.
>>
>>9062438
Sounds like LA is filled with lazy, entitled, princesses then. It's a shame really, I enjoyed that city very much when I visited. There weren't enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted! But I guess that's just me being a tourist though.

Similarly enough, when I felt like my comm wasn't hosting enough meets, I just started hosting my own. It's a lot of work, sure. But if you're not happy with something, do something about it instead of talking shit about your comm mods on cgl. Not that hard.
>captcha asked me to select all the teas lol
>>
File: 1402373068662.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1402373068662.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>9063079
fuuuck, i wish the chicago comm would do this
>>
>>9063211
I mean even though we have some bad eggs, the LA comm has a ton of really sweet and friendly members who are more than happy to meet new people. The annoying ones just tend to be the ones that are the loudest and like to stir up unnecessary shit to make our comm look bitchy and unwelcoming.
>>
Is it weird to host a birthday party meet for yourself? I've attended a few in the past, but I think only the more popular girls do it.
>>
>>9063227
Nope. I've done it plenty of times. Even if you're not that popular, I feel like people would want to come just to have a good time. Idk for some reason I feel like it would be weirder for someone else to plan it for you unless they were a really close friend?
>>
>>9063227
This is just my opinion, but yes its weird as fuck unless you are in a tiny comm ( less than 10 people) and you are all very good friends. Otherwise it just screams "i have no friends" and "i want attention/ gifts from strangers". Just because other people have done it, doesn't mean that its not tacky.

Why wouldn't you want to spend your birthday in the company of your own friends? You can still wear lolita, have a dress code and go to a fancy tea place.

I've been invited to a few birthday meets for girls who I have only met twice. It just seemed really odd, and I didn't want to spend money for, and pretend I really care about someone I barely met.
>>
>>9063246
Meant to say girls who I only met ONCE.
>>
>>9063246
Most of my friends are Lolitas, so it makes sense to celebrate with them. I say no need for gifts when I do it too.
>>
File: OMG_3118_.jpg (128 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
OMG_3118_.jpg
128 KB, 531x800
I'm heartbroken over what has happened to my local comm. When I first joined five years ago, it was a small but happy group. There was a focus on more "lifestyle elements" like going to elegant meets and spending time with one another. It wasn't competitive and we were all genuinely friends.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly but over the years it has changed for the worse. The newest batch of lolitas from the past 3 or 4 years have been awful and are obsessed with drama. Meets are now BTB discussions and photoshoots. It is a popularity and beauty competition now. There is constant harassment and some members have been sharing pictures from our comm here and other places to bully them.

The comm isn't welcoming to newbies and has only gotten more toxic as time has gone by. I don't even enjoy meets anymore, especially hosting them.

I wish I could go back in time and spend another day back how it used to be. I'm really thinking of quitting the comm but I don't want to lose something I have been a part of for so long. Starting a second comm isn't an option either.
>>
>>9063224
I'm a member of the same Comm as you. Make a thread on the Chigothloli page!

Members run the Comm.
>>
>>9063277
Have you tried of hosting small private meets with just your friends? Or will drama implode over cliquishness?
>>
>>9063277
Sounds a lot like my comm. It used to be so drama free, meets were bigger, and there was something always going on monthly. Now meets are once every 3months if that, and all the current members are obsessed with e-fame. Thankfully there's another close comm nearby with good members but it's just so tiny.

What comm are you?
>>
>>9063328
I have tried that before but we have to be very secretive, as the idea of "private meets" have caused drama in the past.

>>9063330
I'm sorry that your comm is also suffering from this. Has lolita fashion changed so much that the entire lolita community is cursed now? It does sound similar to my comm but I am afraid to share what comm it is. We are probably from different comms as the closest comm is four hours away and is facing the same issues, sadly.
>>
>group of friends like to hang in lolita
>comm member gets mad that we're having "private meetups"
>be accused of being elitist because we wear brand and take care of our appearances
>tfw we're all just social anxious and too shy to go to big meets
>>
>>9063246
What if there's a no gift policy?
>>
>>9063353
I think it's both a mix of Lolita culture changing, and the fact that it's an immensely popular alt fashion compared to 6 years ago. A lot of girls seem to use it as a stepping stone to e-fame, or wear it solely for attention as opposed to a love of the clothing and brands. At least where I live.
>>
>>9063225
Who exactly are the LA mods?
>>
>>9063079
I wanted to go, but the person running it is a HUGE sjw and incredibly rude to other Lolita's in the comm.

Sadly, also a part of LA comm.
>>
>>9063079
I'm going- I've never been to a murder mystery party so I'm excited!
>>
>>9063638
Same. I feel like it's very disorganized somehow, they're pushing it constantly and it started out with a feeler post like they weren't sure what they were doing.

Also $67 for what? 3 course meal is probably a sad little salad, then some pasta or chicken and then some ice cream or cake. I'd rather have a really nice steak dinner elsewhere for that price.
>>
>>9055782
Oh no, now I'm thinking Hannibal Lector human suit
>>
>>9058009
Perth comm?
>>
>>9058055
There are two comms in Tas, Launceston and Hobart, they are both very active and heaps of fun, they are small but well dressed and very welcoming. I miss them.

You'll be fine.
>>
>>9063246
When you've put a lot of effort into hosting a meet for 20 plus people and suddenly it's everybody's birthday around that time and it turns into organising meets to celebrate other lolitas' birthday.

Ffs, organise it yourself. Don't ride on someone else's tailcoat.
>>
>>9060806
I went to Amsterdam Cheese Museum in Lolita last year. So many free samples + an awesome free photo stand to take coordinate pics and email them to yourself.
>>
>>9063810
then don't go. murder mystery dinners have been going on for years and people don't usually just go for the food but rather for the entire experience.
>>
>>9063079
I thought about going, but I'm not too fond of the person hosting the meetup (for reasons mentioned here: >>9063638) and I'm not interested enough to make such a far drive at night. It seems like a very cute idea though! I've never really had a problem with the lack of meetups but that's probably because I'm often too busy to attend most or too tired to put together a more extravagant outfit for a big meet. I do wish I had lolita friends opposed to acquaintances so we could have cute little casual dinner meets and such.

I've always wanted to host a really nice vampire or monster ball/masquerade meetup for Halloween, but 1. I don't have the time and 2. I wouldn't even know where to start if I did have the time to make one. I won't be this busy for the rest of my life so I hope one day I can help create more meetups.
>>
Not sure if this is a proper place to post this, but are there any lolitas participating in the Pokemon TCG World Tournament in August? My boyfriend is competing so I'm going to support him and I plan to wear lolita the majority of our time in CA.
It would be cool to make some new lolita friends while I'm there
>>
>>9063835
It was buffalo bill's human suit you fucking walnut.
>>
>>9063937
My comm has a fairly popular Lolita who is a sjw. But she never goes to the local comm meets. Just out of state ones. So I know I won't have to encounter her at meets when they get planned. But my comm is made of flakes so we can't plan any extravagant meet ups since no one will show.
>>
The local main bitch has started to have private meetups, inviting literally half of the comm to tea parties and pick nicks. She takes pride in being an elitist brand whore, her coords are either OTT clusterfucks or bland and yet she's seen as the best in my entire comm.
>>
>>9063975
Haha, well done! Here's a doggy treat for you!
>>
>>9063638
Same turnoff for me. She's not even that active in the comm, but I remember how she bitched about the crit she got on her outfits... AFTER she asked for it. Thought talking shit in Spanish would let her get away with it, apparently she forgot it isn't a magical secret language that other people can read too.
>>
>>9063636
Ashley/mariedauphine and Oli/lemontree for sure, I don't remember who else. They're the active ones, at least.
>>
>>9064283
>playacting as a human dog handler
Take your fetish and go home, you disgust me.
>>
Our comm is smaller and devided into friend groups naturally (friends who joined together) so we don't have the whole private meet!!! Issue. If anything it's more of a merge private meet that turns more heads. (Two friend groups hanging out and discluding the other two or three) BUT for comms obsessed with private meets. Would it still be private if you posted on Facebook "hey lets go eat pancakes tomorrow in Lolita, any Lolita fashion friends" or is that considered public enough to not make others butthurt?
>>
>>9064517
Jordy/Jordan the Brolita
And Albertina
I think that's it
>>
My comm is now splitting into smaller comms based on location and I don't like it at all. I feel like people won't visit other meet-ups anymore and I know whichever circle of friends dominates that area will make the decision and make the others feel left out. I have no doubt they'll turn into private comm's others are allowed to join for appearance sake.
>>
>>9060054
Yes, Michigan! I love our comm so much. Everybody gets along so well and we're really great about not letting drama overflow too much into the comm. I'm always super grateful that this was the comm I got to join when I was still a baby ita because everybody was super nice, even when my outfits were shit.
>>
>>9064663
I'm from Michigan too and I love this comm so much! It's grown a lot over the last few years in a really good way.
>>
>>9063953
Post in their fb groups?
>>
>>9060806
Oh man you're giving me ideas. I love cheese so much.

Also still grieving over the fake JetJ cheese print from April Fools by the way.
>>
>>9063977
Arizona?
>>
The community close to me is full if ignorant cunts. It would be refreshing to watch them crash and burn from a distance, but watching the debauchery up close is so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>9063977
have people buy tickets in advance, then they'll show
>>
I recently moved to another location, and am going to be going to my first meet up in the new comm. Everyone seems to be older than me (Just graduated highschool) and I'm not sure how I'm gonna be able to connect to everyone. Any tips?

Also they are having two meetups this weekend, and I'm not sure which is the better one to go to, ones a restaurant and museum trip and the other is a trolley tour.
Which ones the best for socialization?
>>
>>9060638
Another comm mod here, from a comm that has been mentioned positively in the thread thus far (argh our members are too sweet ilu all). I burned myself out on making meets after planning/hosting/co-hosting a ton of them for roughly a year. I feel like I succeeded in my goal of spurring activity though, and lately a lot of other members have taken up the role of creating and planning meets so I'm able to actually relax and enjoy events instead of stressing myself out.

I love moderating and helping new members figure things out, offering advice, etc. etc. but even as an outgoing person handling regular events for the 15-30 people who typically show up on top of my two jobs and other hobbies is a bit much.
>>
File: petti pls.jpg (75 KB, 704x960) Image search: [Google]
petti pls.jpg
75 KB, 704x960
posted to my comm, what is it with brolitas and not wearing pettis?
>>
>>9067104
Or buttoning up blouse collars? It's so sloppy.
>>
>>9067104
My guess is easier typical laziness like with most noobs/itas, or I wonder if some of them are worried about looking like a sissy or something? I dunno, that sounds dumb, I'm just trying to think of potential reasons. Aside from what I first said maybe they skip out on them to be more low-key in public since being a man in a dress is already weird enough to most people.
>>
>>9067122
They look more like a sissy without the petti.
>>
>>9067125
seconding this
>>
>>9064932
This doesn't mean they will show. My comm did a ticket tea party for the winter ild two years ago. It ended up being canceled since only three people where interested in it out of a comm of roughly 30 active members. Our meets usually pull about 8-15 people when they are free events. But you usually have like 40 people rsvp and never show.
>>
>>9064794
Who is the sjw in the Arizona comm? I havnt noticed any?
>>
>>9067141
Ugh that's how my comm is, too. Make something limited and ticketed and all of a sudden, no one wants to go. I don't understand it, a 60$ ticket would be one thing, but ours was like 25$ for a nice tea
>>
>>9067149
Shit ours was just a 20 dollar cover fee to pay for the food that I was going to pick up. 15 dollars of you where bringing something to add to the table.
>>
Idaho comm member here. We are so close to finding out who keeps shitposting here. Not that anything would ever come of it because the known seagulls in the comm all seem to find it funny. It's more of a game at this point.

We desperately need more active members and an inactive member clean out.
>>
>>9064946
I'd personally go to the museum and restaurant one. There's things to discuss/look at, and you can get to know little pockets of people, while I feel like on a trolley tour you'll just be sitting in the same place and listening to some guide talk. :)
>>
>>9067142
Lol Dom b8
>>
>>9067851
No wait, she was kicked out. She really took the cake for SJW in Arizona. The others haven't been as bad.
>>
>>9067104
I'm a member of your Comm too and disappointed you would post someone who's just starting out wearing lolita. Chill your bloomers.
>>
Vegas comm? If there is one? Who are the problem people, people that are actually chill, etc.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (17 KB, 235x427) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
17 KB, 235x427
This austistic hamplanet keeps posting on the comm page with the exact same picture asking if this is good in barely comprehensible attempts at English. No, this is not good, you're decked out in a Milanoo monstrosity and so overweight. All she's getting are asspats too, it's so frustrating.
>>
>>9067933
We have enough cunts in this comm. Could you not? This is baby's first lolita outfit for her and she's obviously trying with what is available to her. Don't bitch about others asspatting when you are too afraid to share how you really feel with the girl.
>>
>>9067922
Isn't uhh.. what're we calling her now, Chlamydia-chan in the LV comm?
>>
>>9068023
Haha as if I need to get harassed by a bunch of sjws. Everyone knows she looks like shit and is just afraid of hurting the retarded ham's feefees.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 768x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 768x233
>>9068057
She's moving luckily.
>>
Age in comms. How does your comm handle the drastic differences between the kids and adults that seems mostly centered on the 21 year line? Like its great that we get youths into the fashion, but it's draining to not have meetups at a wine venue or having low turn out because "lol I don't have a car", not to mention just the social disparity of two generations trying to connect. It's great you're sad about your 3 month relationship, but I had to work a double shift to pay my morgatge this month and taxes are due and my back hurts because I'm old, we are on two separate levels here.

One option is having 21+ meets but then you get the drama shit show of being exclusionary and aplitting smaller comms even smaller. Any thoughts?
>>
>>9068103

I think she means that one day, before she moves, she'd like to attend EDC. Shame as Id be hooting and hollering if she moved ASAP kek
>>
>>9067922

Most of the girls that show up are pretty well dressed. One of them's a weeboo-ish girl that makes friends with everyone only to turn around and trashtalk them. That Isaki girl is/was in that comm too
>>
>>9068148
Depending on what type of meet you want - ie my comm wants to go to bars and restaurants and such - create two meets for the same day, one afternoon and one evening 21+. This way younger girls will be able to attend a meet up so you won't face "discriminashun".
I recently turned the drinking age in my country and discovered that my comm just avoids doing "adult" meets, but it shouldn't be an issue so long as you have regular meets for younger girls to attend as well. Even then, if they want a meet so badly, they can just make one themselves desu.
>>
>>9068148
I think in my comm we have enough of a variety and meets often enough that people don't complain too much when there is one they can't attend, for whatever reason. At the big meets people tend to split off into groups that they get along with pretty quickly.
>>
>>9068148
We don't. What happened was private outings. There's enough casual and cheap meets often that younger people can join in but we don't let that stop us from having some real high tea meets.

What really pisses me off about some of the girls in my comm is when they needed others to vouch for them on behalf of their parents and started to ask for contact information etc. No, I won't be your fucking chaperone/babysitter.
>>
>>9062415
>>9062392
>>9062384
I have nothing to do with this comm but it's really fucking obvious this is the mods shilling
>why couldn't you plan an entire ild with two weeks notice yourself?
>waah it's not the mods job
I don't think i could plan a mcdonalds meet with two weeks notice. Are you fucking insane? You guys are clearly in the wrong here. What comm is this again?
>>
>>9064946
might be too late to reply but museum meetups tend to split up realy quickly into friend groups and people leaving entirely. it might be hard to socialize at an event like this, but if you enjoy museums alone youll still have fun!
>>
>>9067117
guys have thick neck, what do you expect
>>
>>9067858
Different anon, but they're probably referring to Batty (Kat) although she's essentially left the comm
>>
>>9068057
Holy fuck y'all need to stop acting like the Vegas comm is toxic just because Isaki lives in Vegas when she hasn't even attended a meetup in months.
>>
>>9068339
Really? I plan most of my meets with 1-2 weeks notice. It's easy.
>>
>>9068415
I think one major problem in LA and surrounding areas is that most places need to be booked well in advance (depending where it is usually 2 ~ 4+ weeks for really nice venues). Also depending on the venue you need to have a set amount of chairs then sell tickets if it is at a nice place. A lot of people don't have $50+ (just putting a random number here) laying around and usually with a month or two planned ahead meet, people can set those $50+ for the meet. Also 2 weeks is not enough time for people with jobs to ask for a day off. Not a lot of people have Monday to Friday jobs and asking for weekends is harder depending where you work.

In LA I honestly feel that to have a good meet, it is something that needs to be planned out weeks ahead of time so everyone can get together. Usually short noticed meets do get cancelled or just have a small turn out which only 2 ~ 4 people that do show up.
>>
Wouldn't that go back to what someone else said in this thread? If no announcements were made and there is a month left then someone else should have asked what was going on or do something themselves?
>>
>>9068377
Batty pretty much left the comm because it wasn't playing into her efame like the LA comm was. She pretty much doesn't talk to people unless they have some internet following now. I havnt seen her hang out or even do any thing with any unknown people any more. As far as I know she doesn't even hang out with those she was friends with before her YouTube channel took off. Might be good since Divina became another Dom and super cringy tumblr feminist vegan.

But it's probably Kat since she does post a lot of stuff revolving around white washing in Hollywood and black lives matter propaganda. I guess she often argues with people on her personal Facebook when they don't agree with the crap she posts. She's become pretty hostile I guess.
>>
>>9067117
A new girl I know never buttoned up her collars because it just didn't occur to her that in lolita, that's a thing you do. She was used to the normie consensus that blouses buttoned up all the way = prissy and stuffy.
>>
>>9068428
So, basically,poor people problems? Those girls are probably in Bodyline and replicas anyway. Who cares?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.