[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
circle lens thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: jm042_2.jpg (393 KB, 700x756) Image search: [Google]
jm042_2.jpg
393 KB, 700x756
is there any reason i haven't seen japanese websites promoted here? i'm not sure about shipping yet, but websites like queenlens, rakuten and even donkihote have way more options than the english sites, and at a much lower price.
if i'm mistaken and this has been discussed before, which sites are recommended? lens thread..
>>
File: jm158_1.jpg (640 KB, 750x1228) Image search: [Google]
jm158_1.jpg
640 KB, 750x1228
>>9052922
to elaborate, i bought a few packs of one-day lenses when i was visiting japan last month, and greatly prefer them to re-wearable pairs.

some pluses:
-they're way more comfortable
-a defect can be tossed without worry since there are at least 10 to a pack
-you can switch it up more often/cheaply because of that
-and in japan, options are extremely numerous

i was saddened to see that honeycolor and the other usual go-tos had hardly any one-day options.
>>
>>9052922
I'm not sure why. It could possibly have something to do with getting popular in Korea first and the prices are usually cheaper.

Unrelated to the OP, but I just bought 3 pairs of lenses. I don't normally wear lenses but I had used Freshlooks or w/e back in the day in high school so I know how to care for lenses. So far I've tried 2 of the 3 and they are almost unbearably dry/uncomfortable with the hour. They don't sting but feel very thick, like my eye can't breath. Is this normal or did I just choose shitty lenses?
I checked to make sure they were authentic. I soaked them for 10+ hours before wear and the rewetting drops only provided 5 minutes of relief. I tried working my way into them by wearing them for shorts periods of time, but no dice.
>>
>>9052961
Excuse the typos, it was a long day at work.
>>
>>9052961
it depends on the lens, to be honest. varies by brand, and long-lasting lenses are going to have a sturdier structure than disposable.
>>
Plus a lot of Japanese sellers will not ship to the US if the buyer does not have a valid prescription if they even ship internationally at all. Most of the lenses there are Korean lenses rebranded for the Japanese market.
>>
>>9052930
Where did you buy them and how much did they cost?
For some reason I don't know how to properly take care of my cirle lenses. They always burn after the first wear even though I clean everything and change the solution.
>>
>>9053816
in that post, i'm talking about one-day lenses; those are sold as individual pairs in a box, and there's no cleaning involved. just open, use your clean hands to apply them, and throw them away whenever you take them out.

it could be the solution you're using; i've had that problem before with long-wearing lenses. making the mistake of keeping them soaking in anything other than pure saline, for example, is going to burn. make sure you can distinguish a solution that is used for cleaning, and one that is used for storing.

it should be noted that your lenses are never fully sterile again after handling them and wearing them in your eyes. there is always the risk of bacteria from that point on, and moreso after multiple uses.
>>
>>9053844
Yeah, that's why I was asking- because changing to one-day lenses seems like a better idea, and since I'm going to Japan in a few days myself, it would be nice to pick up some
>>
>>9053882
oh, you can buy them everywhere there. any department store that you can find lenses at will have them. they usually come in a pack of 10 pairs, but you can find larger quantities. i should have stocked up while i had the chance. :(

you're going to have to fill out a form before buying any lenses, but it's an easy process and most places have english references for them. i'm assuming you already know your base curve and rx information?
>>
>>9052922
I was also thinking of trying some daily lenses because I find that I can't wear most lenses for more than an hour because of discomfort. For some reason the only one I find comfortable enough is Vassen's Dolly+ lenses. Not even other Vassen lenses are good enough. Anyone have any suggestions for comfortable lenses?
>>
When I put in circle lenses, my eyes don't hurt but they almost immediately feel tired - like my eyelids feel heavy and I feel like I just want to close my eyes. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to fix it? I just want to be able to wear circle lenses a lot but I can't stand how tired they make my eyes feel.
>>
>>9052961
>10+ hours
It's normally recommended to soak for 24-48 hrs minimum before wearing. Have you had your eyes checked & measured professionally? It's also possible that your eyes are the "wrong" size for the lenses, but that doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>9056012
This happens to me with normal lenses :( it's quite difficult to wear them with makeup and false lashes
>>
hi everyone.

a few weeks ago I asked about a circle lens for very dark brown eyes and was pointed in the direction of a subtle lens with slight eye enlargement but I cant remember the name.

anyone know? Please and thank you in advance!
>>
>>9053985
Not that anon, but I'm guessing they don't carry anything for astigmatism. Do you know what power they reach? My eyes are at -7.00 and I can usually tolerate non astigmatism corrected lenses, I just don't see as well.
>>
>>9052930
I also bought a few of those while I was in Japan too, and I agree with you these are so much better than yearly lenses!

It's especially great when you don't use circle lenses so often. I always wear my yearly lenses like once a month, and then they dry out after 4 months or something...
>>
>>9052922
I never really thought about buying japanese circle lenses, especially dailies. since I'm not going to jpn anytime soon, im looking at rakuten global.
>>
>>9052930
How many do you usually get in a package of one-day lenses? I always thought that it could never be a good investment. But then again, I guess that depends on how often you wear lenses.
>>
File: ClR5plAVAAEYd-h.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ClR5plAVAAEYd-h.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
>>
>>9061003
can you post the link please
>>
File: 8c91f32f15aab631.jpg (496 KB, 800x1583) Image search: [Google]
8c91f32f15aab631.jpg
496 KB, 800x1583
I'm super new circle lenses - is Pinkicon a legit site? The discussion about 1 day lenses here got me curious and they seem to have a rather generous selection of them. I have super sensitive eyes and am interested in wearing lenses only a few times a year so having a multipack seems a lot more efficient and sanitary than monthlies.

So then, Pinkicon yes or no?
>>
>>9061010
https://cecil.cc/item_detail.php?ino=one-doki2-pink&
>>
File: 302922.jpg (36 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
302922.jpg
36 KB, 225x350
Which lenses would be good for Mumei (out of combat)?
>>
File: c09170_4.jpg (555 KB, 750x1020) Image search: [Google]
c09170_4.jpg
555 KB, 750x1020
>>9062672
i haven't used it personally. i know there are a LOT of circle lens sites out there, and many of them seem sort of fringe. without many reviews, there's no way of knowing how the service will be, so sometimes it's better to go with a familiar name in a site. rakuten global also has a ton of one-days. this'll be my first time ordering from the site, but cgl rakuten threads don't always seem outraged so i'm going for it.

>>9057013
i highly recommend this series, i'm definitely re-ordering online after buying some in-shop. rx goes all the way to -10.00, i'm seeing that most will.

(though i have no astigmatism rec, you should ask the person at the counter about those if you're brave enough! i bet they know which lenses they carry that are for astigmatism.)
>>
File: sha1.png (3 MB, 1909x1057) Image search: [Google]
sha1.png
3 MB, 1909x1057
Anyone know of a good set for shadow Rise on dark eyes? I ordered this https://www.honeycolor.com/intense-yellow and they looked lime green and ended up hurting my eyes really bad. Pictures would be welcome too.
>>
>>9068233
I did shadow Yukiko and used ifairy moonlite yellow. I have dark brown eyes and they showed up great!
>>
>>9068251
I see, they look really nice. Where they comfortable for you? I intend on wearing them for awhile. Also, where did you order your from? Uniqso has shipping that would reach me fast enough, but I can't seem to find how fast the company site would ship it since it's only offering 1 service.
>>
>>9068292
Ah, disregard the shipping question. It was just in really tiny font and I missed it.
>>
>>9068233
girl wear some clothes for once
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 768x768
>>9068292
I ordered directly from the company site. The lenses were pretty comfortable - wore them for the whole day 8h+ at the con. I'm used to wearing contacts though, so YMMV. Heres a sample of what they look like on!
>>
>>9068321
Now, I would love to scream "never" but I actually want to cosplay Anthy Himemiya from the Utena movie. But I don't have that level of skill at all yet.

>>9068330
Thanks for the picture. I'll give them a try.
>>
>>9062672
I've used them with no issues
>>
>>9068233
I've personally used these (in Golden Hazel) to cosplay Margaret and they showed up awesome on my dark brown eyes: http://www.aliceandrabbitshop.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2796350

I'm planning on cosplaying either Shadow Rise or Yukiko, so I'm ordering them again, but I think I have a picture stashed away somewhere of how they look if anyone's interested.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.