[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moana and Disney General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: tumblr_o0e8ej3EWy1rczby5o1_500.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0e8ej3EWy1rczby5o1_500.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
Now the trailer is out, how many first!! Moanas will we be seeing this con season?

Predictions
>unsealed body paint
>orange white girl
>cultural appropriation
>sjws saying only pacific islanders can cosplay her
>sjws photoshopping a black Moana
>blotchy tan
>barefeet con wank
>real grass skirts
>plastic skirt wank
>"natural hair" vs wig wank
>normie website features black girl cosplaying Moana with hair natural hair

Any more?
>>
>>9051865
I am not seeing the hype. At this moment in time it seems a bit boring and I have little reason to think people would cosplay her until I see more development on her personality.
>>
>>9051865
>"natural hair" vs wig wank
>normie website features black girl cosplaying Moana with hair natural hair

polynesian hair and 'natural' hair aren't the same. please save me from listening to non-poly people trying to tell me she has black hair when she just got islander hair. I'm going to hate everything about this 'fandom' i can fucking feel it
>>
>>9051865

I wonder how many people will bother to stick on fake eyebrows to get that cunty smirk right.
>>
>>9051865

Nobody gives a shit about this movie, it's like Lion King vs Pocahontas all over again where the B team movie(zootopia) turns out to be a huge hit and the A team movie that the execs were actively pushing doesn't do half as well.

Zootopia cosplay will continue to be popular throughout the year but I'm not seeing Moana being popular at all, especially since her outfit isn't flashy in the way cosplayers like.
>>
>>9051865
>>
>>9051865
Who cares? This hasn't even gotten a lot of hype. You just sound butthurt
>>
>>9051877
they just meant people using their own grown hair not a wig, not 'naturally' styled hair
>>
>>9051888

lol and zootopia cosplay is flashy?

Human versions of Zootopia are so lazy they should barely be considered cosplay at all.
>>
>>9051873

There are very few nonwhite characters available for cosplay.

Look at Korra and Steven Universe. Black girls flock to these characters regardless of the actual race of the character or the cuntiness of the character.
>>
>>9051865
Oh wow, I really like that design. She's super cute and has a pig?
>>
>>9051865
Never heard of this new movie

And I only have eyes for that cute pig <3
>>
>>9052184

Between the fursuits and the gijinkas with bright colors and fake ears/tails you don't see how Zootopia cosplay is flashy?
>>
>>9052189

People flock to Korra and Steven Universe characters because they're popular and well known, not because they're nonwhite even if that's a factor for chracters like Korra.

If Moana isn't popular it's not going to be a popular thing to cosplay, it's as simple as that. It's not like final fantasy or zelda where people are flipping out over the latest new design and striving to be the first to do it after all.
>>
>>9051888

Zootopia was a huge hit?

That shit was removed from theatres after 2 weeks, over here.
>>
>>9053463
>http://time.com/money/4256039/zootopia-box-office-300-million-worldwide/
China in particular loved it, and there's a lot of 'em.
>>
>>9051865

Can't wait for the R34
>>
>>9051888
Yeah it often seems like Disney don't know what the fuck they're doing.
They really dropped the ball on frozen after pushing brave super hard.
>>
>>9053243
It's not just race but diversity in body types and casting. Unfortunately this means the fans tend to make things weirder with trying to pin complex snowflake genders and sexualities on the character and get defensive when people don't agree. For people who hate labels they get super offended when someone mixes up gender queer and gender fluid.

As for Moana the costumes will probably get as much hype as Brave cosplay wise. It will be popular with darker girls like how Merida is popular with curly red heads. Unless she has some magnificent magical or ceremonial dress at some point in the movie it won't get much otherwise. If Disney is smart she will have some sort of magic power because that's part of what made Elsa insanely popular
>>
hopefully it means lots of bare feets
>>
>>9053537
>>9053463

A little better than that actually, they recently hit a billion

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/06/zootopia-billion-worldwide-box-office
>>
>>9053570
Moana can bend water (avatar style).
>>
File: IMAG0895.jpg (3 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0895.jpg
3 MB, 1520x2688
I saw a Moana at sakura con. She was surprised I recognized her
>>
>>9054147

Damn, that costume's pretty spot on too!
>>
>>9054355
It's OK. The shirt pattern is completely wrong
>>
>>9053242

Nah. The fursuits often are head/hands only. They look incomplete and creepy. The Gijinkas (95% of zootopia cosplay) are like bare minimum effort, like cosplaying L.

They will never be interesting costumes to me.
>>
>>9054445

Are you ESL or just dense? I never once said interesting, I said FLASHY. As in showy and conspicuous.
>>
>>9054503

Flashy to me means armor, mecha, big props, lighting, heavy embroidery, beading, gradient dying, or a skimpy/sexified costume.

Zootopia is closet cosplay with regular clothes and some animal ears. It's showy and conspicuous only if you are a huge fan of zootopia and fangirl over those characters specifically.
>>
File: No.png (68 KB, 458x352) Image search: [Google]
No.png
68 KB, 458x352
>Have a big fat hard on for big fat Polynesian women
>This will only be cosplayed by white girls
>>
>>9054147
The movie isn't even out. of course people won't know who she was.
>>
>>9054617
Plenty of hardcore Disney fans are on top of new art and trailers as they happen.

>>9054598
More like Latina women depending on your coast
>>
>>9054445
Yeah I'm a zootopia sperg and I give about zero fucks for cosplay of it
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x791) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x791
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 753x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 753x733
>>9054598

>tfw theres no big Polynesian chicks on the east coast
>tfw theres not alot of asians or latino chicks On the east coast

Shit sucks because i have a huge hardon for asians
>>
>>9054147
>wearing a fitbit
>>
>>9055433
ahahaha you must live in white isolation because there are plenty of latinas on the east coast.
>>
Just watched it and they used an apostrophe instead of an ʻokina for Auliʻi's name :(
>>
>>9054445
Have you tried wearing clothes with a full fursuit; hint, it looks bad which is why partials is a thing.
>sage
>>
>>9051877
I'm mixed Taino/Indian but dark and pretty much look like her/have an almost identical hair texture. Hoping I won't make too many eyes bleed.
>>
>>9051865
>Pacific Islander
>not obese

Immersion broken
>>
>>9057110
Eating their natural diet, they are not.

The problem is that Pacific Islander genetics are geared to a ramped up metabolism, that can squeeze every last bit of nutrition out of the otherwise simple diet. That is why they get so ripped and muscular.

Modern foods, loaded with fats, sugars and carbs, means that overdrive that otherwise could mean the difference between life or death on a small island, is now a problem.
>>
>>9056394
>autism
>>
>>9057754
this

natives living in hawaii are pretty much universally doomed to become fat. lived in hawaii for a while and never met a skinny old hawaiian lady.
>>
File: uh.jpg (15 KB, 210x198) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
15 KB, 210x198
>>9051865

>tfw mexican but people confuse me for native american/islander

if only I was a qt
>>
>>9054355
it's pretty bad
>>
>>9066741
at least you have tacos
>>
>>9055433
>there's not a lot of asians or latino chicks on the east coast

no idea where you live, but i live in the northeast, and my high school was 50% latino. also, virginia, maryland, and new jersey have towns which are up to 50% korean. have you ever heard of palisades park or ellicott city?
>>
>>9068022
Different anon, but Ellicot City isn't too faraway from me. Hispanic? Yes. Korean? Nowhere near 50% but a somewhat sizable population.
>>
>>9068016

g-gracias
>>
>>9068022

I live near burlington city nj, but i swear around where i general live, theres no asians or latino chicks. But a couple towns away theres a ton of filopinos. Whats crazy is that every sunday at my church it feels like its 50% white and 50% asian
>>
>>9056390

Around burlington city nj its mostly either black people or white people, with a few asians and latinos sprinkled around.
>>
I posted this in the Taobao thread but figured I'd ask here too. Are there any good Taobao shops for Disney cosplay?
>>
>>9068022
I hardly ever see Koreans in Ellicott City, I go there pretty often. Maybe I'm just in the wrong area, though.

My town has a lot of Koreans. There's a Korean grocery down the road, a Korean restaurant next to it, and a Korean church about a block away.
>>
>>9070020
Man I tell you fuckin what. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but the entirety of a korean church goes to my workplace for lunch every sunday. Anywhere from 20-40 people over an hour on top of the usual rush.

They order the simplest shit on the menu and leave less mess than singular customers. And they tip modestly, but they're less work proportionately. God damn am I glad to have the patronage of a Korean church.
>>
The movie itself looks boring as hell. I'm really only going to watch it because Lin Manuel Miranda is on the music team.
>>
File: seoulspa.jpg_512.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
seoulspa.jpg_512.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>9068059
yeah, ellicott city isn't 50%, but it has more korean people than average.

>>9070020
ellicott city has an H mart. they also have a lotte plaza, bonchon (korean fried chicken), and a lot of korean businesses. there's an amazing korean spa nearby in windsor mill that's open 24 hrs on the weekend. a few korean bars here and there with interesting drinks like cucumber soju smoothie type drinks. i think it's all along baltimore national pike?
>>
>>9070020
Grew up in Ellicott City. Schcools had hella koreans. Korean restaraunts all over the place too.
>>
>>9055433
come down to Norfolk and join the filipino mafia like half of here.
>>
I was adopted from the Marshall Islands and now actually have a character I can accurately cosplay.

If only I didn't hate Disney...
>>
>>9051873
dark skinned characters are the only ones that look non-disgusting on them, so i say let them have it
>>
>>9051865
>cultural appropriation
I can't take this bait seriously
>>
>>9072346
> not watching it for the pig friend
>>
>>9074958
I've already seen a bunch of arguments on whether or not cosplayers can do Maui's tattoos.
Also people are pissed Maui isn't a buff hot guy and instead described as half pig, half hippo.

>>9051865

It isn't Moana but Maui who is the taboo character in this movie.
>>
>>9068022
northern virginia has a huge hispanic&asian population
>>
>>9051865
This girl reminds me of these Mexican/Puerto Rican girls I've known, and their hair was always super nasty from trying to control it with shiny, crunchy hairspray on the top.

Soft wigs will never be accurate imo.
>>
>>9051865
I think you covered everything and pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

I admit i'm excited to see some qt brown girls cosplaying Moana tho. loves me some brown girls.
>>
>>9075063
>Not enough body positivity and fat people portrayed in a positive light in media!
>No this fat guy is a gross hippo-pig, why can't he be handsome and buff like the real Dwayne Johnson this is racist waaaaa.

there is no pleasing essjaydubs.
>>
>>9077827
Most SJWs are women, so seeing pig-faced stretchmarked monstrosities is important to them. That's why Tumblr art is so fucking ugly. But they want hot guys just like the rest of us, so they'll bitch about it.
I'm actually looking forwards to this movie. The pig is 80% of the reason I'm going, but seeing how the 'cultural appropriashun triggers my autism' brigade reacts to completely innocent and innocuous shit is what I'm looking forwards to in the long run.
>>
Don't walk around barefoot because it's disgusting and you will cut your feet and die.
>>
>>9052184

>zootopia

>I'm holding out for them to wear "taming collars" they can activate with a switch hidden in the pocket
>>
I've never seen a Samoan that small, why isn't that bitch massive as fuck
>>
>>9082418
THANK YOU
>>
>>9082551
because the movie pretty obviously takes place pre-white settlers when their diets were still the way they'd been for a couple thousand years so they were almost all healthy weights?

ironically people are pissed about maui playing into the fat samoan stereotype apparently, so they weren't gonna win this one either way
>>
File: 1465718803549.png (425 KB, 1735x1018) Image search: [Google]
1465718803549.png
425 KB, 1735x1018
>>9082551
She's chubby and supposed to be like 14. In all honesty her voice actress is Hawaiian too and she's average weight. Samoa is a different island btw, you mean Polynesian

>>9083134
i haven't seen many people complaining about Maui being big and as a stereotype. but i haven't heard many people talking about it at all. in all honesty i would think tumblrinas would be glad to see a "fat positive poc". I can't see Moana being a big hit, it might but it might just end up like Princess and the Frog or Big Hero 6 and only be liked by a few people, not most or even forgotten.
>>
>>9082418

What about those of us who want to see bare female feets?
>>
>>9083982

Kill yourself for having a disgusting fetish.
>>
>>9051865
So tumblr sjw was like "how dare you call them fat! Polynesians are just built that way" I reblogged it saying "you do know Polynesians are who's upset about this right?" He took the bait and sent me a personal message. Mark it as spam, he has now started a vendetta writing out a multiparagraph post with people adding on so much. Yum yum yum
>>
Can someone post a good Brave cosplay
?
>>
>>9083982
Stop giving foot fetishes a bad name.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.