[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far have you gone for cosplay? Anything from losing weight/getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: She got quite an earfull.jpg (25 KB, 420x560) Image search: [Google]
She got quite an earfull.jpg
25 KB, 420x560
How far have you gone for cosplay? Anything from losing weight/getting in shape to dyeing your hair or moding your body. What's the craziest change you've seen someone do to fit a character?
>>
I work out on the reg now, mostly for health/functional reasons.

There is a relatively big part of me that wants to get fit to pull off muscular characters. Kamina/Simon is pretty realistic and not too lofty a goal. Maybe down the line, Mikisugi from KLK just to do the strip and whisper NUDISTO BICHO to other KLK cosplayers.
>>
>>9051529
>dying your hair
don't do that
get a wig
and loosing weight really isnt that crazy
>>
Accidently got a xl instead of a large. I didnt have time to send it back because the con was the next day, so i had to cut half of the armour by the side and put velcro in it to give it a better fit. All in all it came out ok
>>
File: 1433024331145.jpg (637 KB, 2160x1864) Image search: [Google]
1433024331145.jpg
637 KB, 2160x1864
elf ears
>>
I ripped my eye out with a contact
>>
I got a sex change
>>
I have a friend who gets consumed by whatever character she's obsessed with at the moment.

She dresses as that character every day and will completely trash her wardrobe to refill it with clothes that are similar to that character. She starts following all new bands (or goes hipster for old ones) because she deems them bands that the character would listen to. She cooks food from the country that character comes from. She starts acting like the character, subtle little mannerisms and pronunciations. And she vigilantly defends her character on all corners of the internet.

It goes further though. Since she mostly watches live action stuff, her obsession also stems to the actors. If the actor states they have a favorite animal, then it's suddenly her favorite animal too and she fills her apartment with it. If the actor is passionate about a sport, then she dives balls deep into it and marauds about how she has the same devotion to it as people who followed the sport from birth. She'll even save screenshots of the actor and "face claim" them as characters for her roleplays that she does online with her friends.

Ironically, her cosplays are average at best. The only reason she kinda stands out with them is because she's pretty.
>>
There's that one chick who got a real Katarina tattoo. I don't remember her name though.
>>
I ran into a cosplayer who was in the process of getting Kamina's tattos. He only had one arm done so far. They were being done in black though, which made them look like half-assed tribal tattoos, but I don't know how easy it is to get actual all blue tattoos these days.
>>
A friend of mine trimmed his beard to match Kotetsu's. It was pretty cute.
Other than that, I've only seen people shave off their eyebrows.
>>
>>9052240
Not always. If you got a character that has buzz cut, or cropped hair. You're usually better off just cutting and dyeing your hair then trying to get a wig to look right.
>>
File: lfg.jpg (56 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
lfg.jpg
56 KB, 816x612
>>9054029

been done
>>
>>9054125
This.

And many of my female friends have shaven their heads for cosplay.
>>
>>9054173
Are those real or painted? He's got blue residue all over his chest.
>>
>>9054039
>trimmed his beard to match Kotetsu's
That is cute as fuck, anon.
>>
>>9054000
That's some fucked up behaviour man.
>>
File: 20160613_170954.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160613_170954.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Recently.
To make a robot arm for a cosplay I made a glove out of pantyhose, and I begun to hot glue Foam to my arm, but under the pantyhose I had nothing but skin, and I basically burnt some skin. I later added paper towel under it but it didn't stop the excruciating pain
>>
Got my hair bleached and cut, which probably isn't really that big of a deal compared to what others have done. I definitely have respect now for people that bleach their hair often enough to keep the color constant though.
>>
I bleached my hair for a cosplay. I think it worked because the character had thinish high pigtails with bangs and I hate every pigtail wig I've ever seen. But I got hooked on the color and wasted a lot of money maintaining it afterwards.
>>9054039
>A friend of mine trimmed his beard to match Kotetsu's. It was pretty cute.
My exbf did this and kept it for a few months because he knew I liked Kotetsu. He said people kept asking if he was trying to be a hipster Tony Stark, though.
>>
>>9054196

real miss newfag
>>
>>9054196
That happens when it is fresh.
>>
i think the "craziest" thing ive done for a cosplay is i bleached my hair and shaved my head a little shorter than it was before for a character who has a blond buzzcut lol
it worked out for me post-con too since its hot as shit in the summer where i live
>>
>>9052400
>implying theres a huge difference between L and XL
keep dreaming anon
>>
>>9054000
Hooooly shit anon, do we have the same friend? Especially with the obsessive love for a character/actor and then just jumping to a new one after a few months (and oh god, the smutty roleplay. Pretending to be a celebrity online but Mary-Sue-ified for rp sexy times just gives me weird vibes.)
>>
My co-worker's brother got Miku's 01 tattooed on his shoulder.
>>
>>9054288
>>9054173
Oh man, what happened to Lofi? It's been so long!
>>
Shaved my head down when I went to a con as Travis Bickle once.
>>
I knew a kid that shaved his head for a middle school play for a minor part.
>>
>>9052467
That looks hella kawaii but mostly because the girl is super cute to begin with.
>>
I've completely shaved my head bald and dyed my hair, I wouldn't do anything permanent like tattoos though
>>
The most I've done/do is keep my hair in a specific style for a character I cosplay. I like the hairstyle anyway so I'll probably stick to it even when I retire the cosplay.
>>
>>9054039
Pic?
>>
File: plsdont.jpg (62 KB, 477x318) Image search: [Google]
plsdont.jpg
62 KB, 477x318
>>
>>9056632
you couldn't bear the fact that nobody replied to you right voldie?
>>
Waxed off all the body hair under my sideburns. It was not a fun time.
>>
>>9054000
>that much cringe
That's fucked up, but kinda funny.
>>
>>9060685
oh noooooooo
>>
>>9060715

Thats not voldie newfag
>>
I got red prescription glasses just so I could cosplay Ghiaccio from Vento Aureo and not need to switch to fake glasses
>>
>>9051529
I lost over 15KG to cosplay as a character with a lot of skin showing.

[spoiler]I regained 25KG after I was done with cosplaying that character[/spoiler]
>>
>>9051529
I have been lifting for my own purposes for about 6 months, and am up from 140 to 160
However for the past 2 weeks and the next 4 I am dropping bodyfat to do a kill la kill cosplay, Sanageyama specifically
Already almost finished assembling the costume for inspo
>>
>>9051529
I'm currently trying to lose 40lbs in 2 months for a cosplay I want to do. I won't be the size I /want/ to be, but I'll be a hell of a lost closer to it.

Currently doing about 500 calories a day, and an hour of workout + an hour walk with my pupper.
>>
>>9062150
Walking is piss poor cardio m8
Go jog
And eat more your body is probably in starvation mode
>>
>>9062605
Well I gotta walk my dog. She doesn't jog, she either walks or sprints, there is no in between.

Would 1000 cal be good? Or less?
>>
>>9062605
>>9062614
Starvation mode is a myth.

You should eat more because that amount you're doing right now isn't healthy. The minimum an adult female needs is 1200 calories.
>>
>>9062614
There are lots of calorie calculators online and the numbers vary wildly. From everything I've read, losing 2 lbs per weeks is a sustainable goal. Trying to drop 5 lbs a week over 8 weeks is crash dieting, and one slip up (a high calorie meal or something stops you from exercising for a week) can ruin all your progress in just one week.

Getting healthy is a marathon, not a sprint.
>>
For myself: Nothing big, just full body shave on the morning of the con. Thank god I had the room to myself, I think my room partners would've killed me if I did it when they needed to get ready.

Other person: The Homestuck skin-dye bathrub story
>>
>>9054000
And this is why celebrities are so damn popular. People are so obsessive and creepy, that they want to BE that person. I would be so creeped out if someone wanted posters of me on their walls and wear clothes I wear and try and have the same favorite animal as me. Ick.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.