[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Nigri before Jessica Nigri; ie Apollo Smile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 14876852782_65122891f5_b.jpg (304 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
14876852782_65122891f5_b.jpg
304 KB, 648x1024
Will she ever make a return into the anime fandom and cosplay/convention world?

Or maybe not?

Last thing I've heard her do was hold a dance school in Connecticut.

Your thoughts?
>>
She is gonna be up here in Alaska at Senshi-con this fall.
http://senshicon.org/jessica-nigri/
>>
What was her connection to cosplay?
>>
>>9050932

Apollo Smile.... She was a voice actor in the 90's who did dubs for Central Park Media and Manga Corps I believe. Lots of OVAs and anime movies. She also learned Japanese and did some work overseas.

She billed herself as "The Real Life Anime Girl" and did panels at conventions, and martial arts demonstrations. She even tried to do a comic; holy shit, the art was horrible. If you think the shit on the ass end of Deviantart is something, you've yet to see that comic.

Some dirt on her revealed that she was a pop singer whose only time in the spotlight was that of her song Dune Buggy being in a Tom Cruise movie, and that it was really popular for convention goers back then to bash her as a sign of being a "true anime fan".

She's a really interesting but really tragic case.
>>
>>9050932

Oh. Cosplay wise she "cosplayed" as herself from her own series.

Her stunt's not really unlike Chii Sakurabii, who puts an act that she's a pretty idol that people will worship.
>>
File: apollocarreal.jpg (62 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
apollocarreal.jpg
62 KB, 317x400
>>
File: APOLLO1.jpg (78 KB, 329x217) Image search: [Google]
APOLLO1.jpg
78 KB, 329x217
>>
File: aposmi4.jpg (44 KB, 665x600) Image search: [Google]
aposmi4.jpg
44 KB, 665x600
>>
Well she looks far prettier than Jnig here, though she is probably terribly old now.
>>
>>9051016
According to wikipedia she's 49.
>>
>she was Ulala
>>
I remember watching her host anime nights on sci fi channel. She's so old now, but damn I always thought she was super /fit/ and pretty.

Can this be a thread about our old lolcows and old school Big Names at cons? I always like hearing about stuff like what's Usagi Kou up to? Is Adella still lifting and will she ever finish her crappy Zelda thing?
>>
>>9050995
. . . she couldn't even get HER OWN FUCKING DESIGN right.
Holy shit.
>>
from two years ago. she's 45 here but she still looks better than Jnig skinwise.
>>
>>9051586
herp, forgot the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vF1f8Vz84k
>>
This again? Really. Anon, we get you are being hipster and no one fucking cares though.
>>
>>9050998
Oh shit are those abs I see?
>>
she looks like an amateur compared to hoshisai . I honestly never heard of this girl before and i only know 2 girls currently that succeed in the "real life anime girl" challenge.
>>
>>9051588
She's very pretty to be 45 in that video.
>>
Jesus, it's weird seeing her on here. She was my dance teacher/she was the director for these kids plays I was in and helped out in during high school. She was going to write me a college recommendation even, I just never followed her up on it.

It was so so weird finding out she was "the living anime girl" later in life.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRR027lJ1-s

I think she's pretty cute here and she seems to be pretty /fit/. I'm digging her.
>>
>>9051035
I'd still bang her at that age.
>>
>>9051588
Oh jeez...She aged pretty bad.
>>
>>9056633
Are you serious? She looks like a grown-up Laura Palmer!
>>
come on man dont compare her to jnigs
apollo was just a cutie weeb doing her thing
she didnt buy herself boobs to exploit sweaty thirsty neckbeards
>>
File: mappyapollo.jpg (44 KB, 876x592) Image search: [Google]
mappyapollo.jpg
44 KB, 876x592
i thought this thread was about that "cosplay" whore Jnig kek.
Lord she seems so genuine and adorable!
>>
Apollo Smile was adorable, and still is. So she ages, but at least she's not a wreck like some others. She also didn't have to go to Yaya and JNig route, picture how they'll look in a few years, especially JNig. At least Yaya knows to avoid too much sun, but JNig, she'll soon be able to pull off a skimpy Lady Deadpool look without the mask!
>>
>>9056633
She looks the same, but older.
Maybe she should use longer hair. That hairstyle doesn't suit her pretty well imo
>>
>>9050911
Apollo Smile is too high a level for nigs
>>
She looks like a bird.
Can we ever get a cute button nose "anime girl" instead of these hollister beak nose rejects?
>>
>>9058664
Well yaya is Asian so like most Asians once they hit 50 they turn into wilted vegetables. Nigri, wears literal cake batter on her face which is destroying her skin. She will look like she's been ridden hard in probably 10-15 years due to the makeup and sun tanning she does.
>>
>>9059511
It's comments like these that make me want to get a nose job :(
>>
>>9059539
no kidding, that's super harsh. Her nose isn't even bag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRR027lJ1-s

She was less of a cosplayer and more of an entertainer who had a failed music album who tried to shoehorn it into a stage show at anime conventions.

That said, she does have a genuine love for Japanese culture, she is a black belt and semi-fluent in Japanese. Basically a weeb. She was definitely born a bit too soon. (Or a bit late, since her schtick is a Groovy 60's girl.)
>>
>>9060279
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRR027lJ1-s
I find that hard to watch.
5 seconds in, cringe, close.
Glad I missed that.
>>
>>9060279

>since her schtick is a Groovy 60's girl

So she was basically the woman from Deelite without the musical talent or ego. It's funny when you consider Kier's failed lawsuit with Sega over Space Channel 5 and Ulala, which Apollo voiced.

http://www.legalreader.com/2006925lady-miss-kier-hammered-with-opponents-attorneys-fees-html/
>>
>>9051088
Jesus, you're telling me this is the girl that introduced me to my first ever exposure to anime?

Jesus.
>>
>>9063711
This is like Ellen page and her claims of use of likeness for Ellie in The Last of Us.
>>
I'm impressed that after all these years, she's still the voice of Ulala
>>
>>9067325
It's not like Ulala is used much.
>>
>>9050911
Hey, Apollo Smile can actually voice act!
>>
>>9051588
>>9051588
She looks botoxed.
>>
>>9067325
Sega doesn't actually have her record new voice lines for her.

That would cost actual money, don't you know.
>>
To my recollection, she never cosplayed as Ulala from Space Channel 5, which seems like a waste since the character was more or less just her in space.
>>
>>9069429
LOOK AT THE OP IMAGE
>>
>>9050964
>Chii Sakurabii
Jesus I just saw her at Fandomania & she was awful on stage.
>>
>>9050911
If this woman hasn't done a Harley Quinn, she should.
>>
>>9070677

That pic is 15+ years old anon. The video >>9051588 posted shows how she looks these days and there's no way she could pull it off now.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.