[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A-kon 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: AKON MEM.jpg (287 KB, 798x1418) Image search: [Google]
AKON MEM.jpg
287 KB, 798x1418
Anyone got any good pics or stories from this years A-kon?

This year seemed different from the others in good and bad ways
>>
>watching rocky horror picture show
>guys next to us have alcohol in water bottles
>they are getting very drunk
>offers me and my friend some
>say no
>offers people behind him some
>say no
>they are loud and obnoxious
>people start leaving around them
>his friend had actual tourettes and would say nigger and pussy farts a lot

It really just added to the experience.
>>
>>9042412
Literally what
>>
Cosplay was for the most part cool, but I'm having trouble comprehending why that Sylvanas in the really ill-fitting cosplay won an award. It looked like she was wearing a cosplay made for a friend 6 sizes smaller. Gross.
>>
>>9043707
This was just obesitycon 2016 I swear. Did A-Kon not have a dress code? Because the amount of 200+ pound women in nothing but ill-fitting bikinis and lingerie was insane.
>>
>>9043896
lol yes akon does not have a dress code
>>
>>9042311
There was definately alot more variety in cosplay than the previous year.

Anyone know why the saturday night dance was so fucking packed? The music had no consistency
>>
>>9042311
I wanna hear the stories. I went to fan expo. All i saw was the fear god protesters, all 3 of em.
>>
>>9045922
Seriously. It was just DJ kick drum each night. The worst part of all though is that they would drop it for like 4 bars and then go into a breakdown and repeat that over and over. It was all over the god damn place. Give me some melody and some actual time to dance. I go each time expecting something different but it's always the same.
>>
>>9047621

That would require new DJs and I don't they they are changing the roster
>>
>>9047621
That was probably the worst DJ I've ever encountered at a convention other than.. Animefest 2009, it had to have been, maybe 2010. They hired a man from Japan or something, he was super foreign and had no idea what we listen to over here and he was straight up playing Prince and Michael Jackson and everyone just left.
>>
>>9042311
>Drunk as fuck
>Wandering around
>Getting on the elevator
>Mexican girl starts flailing herself out of the first one that opens on the first floor
>"IF YOU WANNA START FUCKIN DRAMA WE CAN GO AT IT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK"
>"what???"
>Everyone leaves the elevator with her on it, apparently she started some huge fight on there or something
>>
>>9050266
Everyone left while she was on the elevator? What?
>>
>>9050272
I mean that everyone leaves the elevator that she is on and she remains there, the doors close while she stays on the elevator and the elevator continued on to an unknown floor.

They stopped on the first floor of the hotel, everyone was like "FUCK THIS" and left and she was basically trying to get people in there to fight her I'm assuming.
>>
>>9050266
thought you meant that fat shirtless mexican guy for a second
>>
It was my first A-Kon and I had a freaking blast! Saw a ton of great cosplays. What was everyone's fave cosplay they saw?
>>
>>9055929
I loved that Satsuki cosplay on Saturday!
>>
Any other A-Kon drama from this year?
>>
>>9043896
I guess cosplaying as a whaling ship would be offensive.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.