[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone out there cosplaying as the doom guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: Picture 7.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Picture 7.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
Subject Line literal.
>>
File: doom cosplay.jpg (77 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
doom cosplay.jpg
77 KB, 750x750
>>
Any tips on how to make a Doomguy helmet/what to use as a base?
>>
>>9036333
Not OP but i recommend giving this a look. Hes pretty good at explaining how to make armor from free form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODSNPYdvJRo
>>
>>9036333
I'd be surprised if there weren't 20k+ different pepakura models.
>>
>>9036740

Give it a week or two
>>
>>9036333
I was actually thinking about doing a doomguy but honestly the idea came too late and AX is the last con i am attending.
Was thinking of using something like this to build around since the visor is really nice.
>>
For my doomguy im doing dirtbike armor with an airsoft helmet
>>
>>9036382
>colonial marine chest armour

Noice
>>
Shit yea!
Self post of muh Doomguy cosu
>>
File: doom.jpg (19 KB, 387x250) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
19 KB, 387x250
I think the helmet is the most important part in making it a Doomguy cosplay be recognized as Doom and not generic armor
>>
>>9040095
This is the only Doomguy we need.
>>
File: received_1157961210903158.jpg (86 KB, 1114x718) Image search: [Google]
received_1157961210903158.jpg
86 KB, 1114x718
I know its not exactly the original. But i saw a cool twist of modern and old throws into it and say what the hell lets do this. I had a friend make the helmet while i wanted to try and have a learning experience at making armor myself. I did a shitty job at making it loom the way its supposed to but i tried.
>>
File: IMG_20160522_011800.jpg (3 MB, 2970x2970) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_011800.jpg
3 MB, 2970x2970
>>9041077
I will be having the chest armor remade and also have the original armor and helmet made as switch ins on which version i would want to cosplay as
>>
I want to make one too; going for the classic look. I'm going to make a chain gun prop with trigger linked to a barrel light and very loud speaker that makes the gun noise.

Basically I want to zoom around the convention floor at full speed blasting away with the chain gun looking like a crazed asshole, just like the original.
>>
>>9041169
Youre gona run into some one anon. Are you trying to hurt someone plenty?
>>
>>9041086
>>9041077
I would recommend using kwik seal on the seams of your armor, but use a razor blade to thin it out and keep it flat as possible. Once it dries, use modge podge and put a thin layer over the armor and then sand down gently to smooth it out. Your seams will come out nicely from then. Plastidip and paint from there on. I dont think you did shitty but it could use work.
Best of luck youll get there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.