[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy rips out his eye with contact in it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: vgoqwoojbiawm4koncko.jpg (63 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
vgoqwoojbiawm4koncko.jpg
63 KB, 800x432
http://cosplay.kotaku.com/cosplayer-could-lose-an-eye-after-contact-lens-mishap-1779730950

“So I pretty much put in lenses full of hairspray, which burned the crap out of my eye, like, holy hell did it hurt.” Johnny told Houston Press. “So out of sheer desperation, I pinched out the contact lens, taking a chunk out my eye with it.”

Racing to a nearby MedSpring urgent care location, Johnny was told that “he may lose his eye” as a result of the injury. He’s going to an actual optometrist later this week with hopes of better news.
>>
>>9034502
Fucking hell
>>
>inb4 he tried to sue the contact/hairspray company
>>
>>9034502
Retards are retarded, why is this news?
>>
>>9034502
I made the mistake of picking up a lens with hair gel or lotion on my hands once (for normalfag everyday life) and the lens hurt my eye even before I could get it seated in my eye. Why would he continue when something was obviously wrong?
>>
this kind of shit is why i don't fuck with cosplay contacts desu. something you can easily edit in photos isnt worth taking a chance on.
>>
>put in lenses full of hairspray
Why do these people do these things. What do they honestly expect?
>>
>>9034502
His own damn fault for not washing it beforehand
Like, if you're putting shit in your eye, why the fuck would you not clean it properly first
>>
>>9034502
>http://cosplay.kotaku.com/cosplayer-could-lose-an-eye-after-contact-lens-mishap-1779730950

I don't know if the article is intending to make it seem like the reason why part of his eyeball came out is due to the hairspray residue on the lens...but that can't be why. The hairspray could only be responsible for the burning sensation.

Those $300 scleral lenses he put in likely created too much suction when he went to yank them out, and caused himself an eyeball laceration. Retard probably pinched or scratched his eyeball in the process, which is how he managed to rip out a chunk of it.

I mean this guy has to be an absolute tool to manage something that brash and dumb. I don't even believe the same guy who couldn't feel sticky residue or smell the spray on his saline bottle would have had the sense to even wash his hands before, despite what he claims. I just hope this doesn't impact the ability to buy decorative contact lenses, because idiots like these make a big stink about their improper use.
>>
>>9034626
He did wash his hands before. He just didn't dry them, which is just as stupid. If he didn't get an eyeball laceration, he would have gotten a bacterial infection one day.
>>
Having worn scalara before you do not fuck around with them. Always properly wash and clean them before putting them in your eyes. I also carried the case with me and would take them out at the slightest bit of pain.

You also should never wear them for more than 3 to 4 hours.
>>
>>9034632
>He did wash his hands before.
That's what it says but I don't believe it. Anyone who's ever touched hairspray residue before knows how sticky it is and would immediately notice regardless if it was on his saline bottle. My guess is he pawed his mitts all over the bathroom countertops which had the residue, too inexperienced to think that the stickiness on his hands would transfer to the lens, and shoved em in without thinking. He's probably only saying he washed beforehand now to make it seem like he took precaution. But really, anyone cautious would have noticed a room loaded with hairspray, sticky residue on their saline bottles, and would have determined not to put them in in that bathroom.

Story reeks of bullshit.
>>
>>9034632
I would never dry my hands after I washed them to put in contacts, when I did dry them I almost always ended up with tiny little fibers on my hands. No issues with just my wet from water hands grabbing the contacts out of the solution and sticking them in.
>>
>>9034663
Jesus wtf
Dude that's straight up how you get infections from water getting in your eyes and sitting there with your contacts

Wash with water, dry with towel, pour a little solution on the fingertips you'll be using to touch your contacts!

That way any fibers get washed away and you have a hygienic surface to touch your contacts with.
>>
>>9034678
Yeah, I looked up info on it just now and you are correct. It's a good thing that throughout all my years of daily contact use I managed to never hurt my eyes by doing that.
>>
>>9034626
Yeah i thought that didn't really make sense. That's some pretty intense hairspray if itll glue your eye to the lens so much that it takes a chunk out.
>>
Why if he really 'ripped out a chuck of his eye' would he just go to an urgent care and not a real ER who would have ophthalmologists on call for emergencies. How would he even know if he might lose his sight if he has only been to urgent care and not even seen a proper eye doctor yet. It's all such bullshit.
>>
>>9034678
>>9034663
A-Anon, I'm happy you're okay but also worried how so many people aren't aware of proper contacts hygiene.
>>
>>9034957
I've heard stories of people buying contact lenses at cons then immediately going to the bathroom to put them in.

It's horrific.
>>
Earlier this year I had a faulty prescription contact which could have caused something like this. I carefully took it out right away when I realised something was up, and went to the optician who referred me to the hospital as I'd torn my cornea a tiny bit.
Seeing stories like this make me realise how lucky I was that I was seen to right away and my eye is completely healthy again. It hurt like hell when it happened so I can't even imagine the agony this guy must have been in.
>>
>>9034610
he had done. It was the saline solution bottle which had the shit on it, which got on his hands and then the contacts while putting it in. the contacts were completely clean.
>>
>>9034985
Remember that episode of My Strange Addiction that had Venus and some other girl? At one point they showed the other girl's vanity and she was keeping multiple lenses in the same dirty contact case.
>>
>>9034596
Because gawker owes Hulk Hogan a lot of money.
>>
>>9035211
Hahaha, exactly.
>>
>>9034502
That is so stupid.

I always wash my face & hands first in the morning before a con and put my circle lenses in then and there, then eat breakfast, do makeup, prep work, etc. so that it would be a full 30 min+ for any irritation issues to present themselves, if they even happen.
>>
And so another Solid Snake costumer was born.
>>
When I got my prescription contacts, my optometrist sat me down and told me all about proper lens care and how to apply them. Unfortunately for cosmetic lenses, you don't really get much info on how to look after them or your eyes, I honestly don't recommend buying /using them unless you're already familiar with contacts.
>>
I remember my friend group having a mini crisis because someone got contacts at the con and ended up not really knowing about proper lens care at all because they'd never worn lenses before. had a good few hours of stress because they couldn't get their contacts out...
>>
>>9034985
I've seen it happen. At the last con I was at a group of young girls, at most they were in thier early 20s, bought contacts from what im sure is a non certified seller and went to the bathroom to put them in right away. They didn't have solution or cases.
>>
I never use the same hand for touching the solution bottle and the lense. It prevents all cross contamination. I'm very confused as to how you wash and put in the lense with the same hand that you held the bottle in.
>>
I've worn contacts with a costume once and i spent all day feeling paranoid that they were going to get stuck to my eye or something else like one of these circle lens horror stories. no fucking thanks.
>>
I don't get how people can be so scared of contacts. Like, as long as you're careful and do what you're supposed to do, order from safe stores, use good lens solution etc, there risk of something happening is really low

I used to wear "normal" contacts daily for years, and I use colored lenses pretty often, and I've never had any problems.

Once I had a small cut or something in my eye, and I didn't notice it, so I wore a contact in that eye like normal, and the contact held the cut "shut", so when I took out the contact it hurt like fuck and I lied down and cried the rest of the day, but yeah, the actual cut didn't come from the contact so it's not the contacts fault

Also, my moms ex wore lenses. He had used a pair of day lenses (the ones you're only supposed to use for a day) for over a year. Not taking them out, sleeping with them and everything
He had been doing it for years, changing like after a year or so, and even if it's retarded as fuck, his eyes were still intact, so yeah, if you're careful then you should have no problem at all
>>
>>9034502

Does anyone know how the original news source even found out about this story? I might be wrong but I am just going to assume they contacted the press themselves. If I did something this half-baked I might have told my friends/family but would never contact a news website to do a story. Hope the extra couple of FB likes are worth making yourself look foolish.
>>
>>9036308
Guy comes off as a fame whore so it wouldn't surprise me, and he's posting about his mishap publicly all over his facebook wall. Methinks he just knew someone from kotaku and told them to write a story about it.
>>
>>9034985
I once went to the bathroom in a con and some girls were doing that. They didn't even buy a case for the lenses or contacts solution, they wanted to put them back into the original bottle after wearing them.
>>
>>9034502
i don't know why people even bother reading this clickbait bullshit. it's just so kotaku can shove some more dough up their greedy asses
>>
>>9036167
Going blind is a real phobia, so most people are leery of putting strange shit in their eyes.

One horror story of "dipshit left contact in for a month and their eye rotted out" can be enough for someone to say they're fine with wearing glasses instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x785
Why do contact sellers not advise seeing your optometrist before buying lenses.

I had astigmatism and it wasn't picked up on, the first set of lenses I received from my optometrist didn't even fit. And it's literally their job to inspect my eyeballs.

and there's people just buying lenses for lulz, with No idea about sizing, how to put them in or take them out or anything.
>>
ughhh

I'm cosplaying toph this summer and i want to get contacts for her but idk if i should after seeing this
>>
>>9039800
Did you read the thread at all? Like every other post is basically saying that lenses are safe as long as you aren't a dumb fuck about where you get them and how you care for them/your eyes.
>>
I just saw this dude at A-Kon and he looked fine, not blind.
>>
>>9034898
Exactly? Why would you go see an optom when a ophthalmologist can do a full consultation + the hospital will have the appropriate machines for testing?
>>
File: 416513.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
416513.png
490 KB, 449x401
>Men
>>
>>9039800
If you have any apprehension at all then just don't do it.
>>
I got to meet him at A-kon through a mutual friend. He's doing fine it seem, said he could see out of his eye no problem.
>>
I heard from a professional makeup guy st Colossalcon that the guy's girlfriend was using a ton of hairspray in the bathroom while his contacts were sitting out on the counter.
>>
Is he going to try for a Big Boss cosplay in the future then?
>>
Y'all know that the 300 dollar scalera lenses can only be bought with an eye doctor prescription? That means he was measured and fitted for them and it was probably the hair spray that fucked up his eyes.
>>
>>9046934
No they don't. I bought mine without an RX.
>>
>>9046934
Nope, you can buy them at most lens sellers online
>>
>>9046947
>>9047035
They're the 300 dollar ones from fxeyes than can only be bought if you have a valid prescription.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 435x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 435x336
Fug, normally im fine with any body damage but eye damage makes me cringe the hell up. Like fuck how'd he get the hairspray in them, i feel bad for the guy
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 512x384
I guess you can say he took his feyenal gambit
>>
>>9047301
Eye and nail damage is the worst
>mfw I couldn't finish reading Steal Ball Run because of Johnny
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 288x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 288x331
>>9047344

God help me if anything or anyone trys to harm my genitals. Death sounds better than having my dick cut off
>>
>>9047331
Carlos!
>>
Now he can cosplay as metal gear solid
>>
>>9034502
Bullshit. There's no way that the residual hairspray on the side of the saline bottle would be enough to hurt him so badly that he would rip his eye out in desperation. There is something else going on here that he's too embarrassed to admit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.