[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yeticon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 1
Yeticon is almost here. Who's going?
>>
>>9034348
I am. No plans yet, I'm working on a cosplay for it. I'm hoping to bump into nice people and just have fun regardless of what the con is like. Hoping for the best though.
>>
Bro, you know it. Didn't even get a pass. Just gonna be drunk the whole weekend.
>>
Going but more for summer fun with friends than anything. Cosplay guests are pathetic did the just ask their friends?
>>
>>9038864
They have a lot of cosplay guests. But I think most of them are not actually famous.
>>
>>9039383
Yep and pretty much all of them are shit.
>>
>>9039406
They should've just had a few good ones. Oh well, it's their first year.
>>
I want to do a Vape Nation cosplay.
>>
>>9034348
I'll be there although I'm going more for the drinking and partying than the con itself.

>>9040154
Are you the guy who did the one at Anime North?
>>
Can't wait to go - birthday weekend for me so lots of drinking.

I kind of also want to go hiking too since there's so many great trails!
>>
>>9040204
nah bruh
>>
>>9041274
Guess who's not getting invited to jp-con
>>
nobody is going, some colossal wanna-be shitfest
>>
>>9041559
Speak for yourself
>>
>>9041559
Hey you never know. It's probably lit as fuck.
>>
>>9041559
Who cares, you still get to party at a resort. Doesn't have to be colossal to be fun.
>>
I'll be AAing. I'm pretty nervous cause this is my first con.
>>
Was going to check it out Sat but now my buddy I was going with bailed and he was my ride. So i guess I'm not going...
>>
cgl party Friday night ????
>>
>>9034348
this con is gonna be YUGE
>>
>>9043857
York anon you local to gta? We have space
>>
Is it actually worth to go down not for the con but for the parties? Like, I don't really wanna buy a ticket.
>>
>>9046393
I am not buying a ticket.
>>
>>9046643
Are you staying at the resort though?
>>
>>9046375
I appreciate the offer but I've made other plans now.
>>
>>9044663
pls
>>
>>9046855
yeah of course
>>
>>9047395
How much is it? Maybe I can last minute attend lol.
>>
Whats with all the cosplay guests?
>>
>>9047528
You mean how many there are or how shit they all are?
>>
>>9047424
The resort? They probably only have the suites available now. $550-$650 for two nights probably.
>>
>>9047540
Aw fuck, that's expensive as shit. Thanks for the info though! Let me know how it goes!
>>
>>9047565
Those rooms fit like 6 people easily though.
>>
>>9047529
Both
>>
>>9047879
I guess they thought if they can't have quality they may as well have quantity. I'm not going to lie I do look a little bit forward to seeing what a train wreck they are, especially googly eyes and whiteface.
>>
>>9048144
You'll have to tell us how bad it was. Im skipping out this con since its a bit far for me.
>>
>>9048144
>googly eyes and whiteface

who and who now?
>>
Gotta admit, this con is pretty decent so far. Blue Mountain is such a great venue
>>
is this anything like colossalcon? haven't seen any swimsuit photos from it so far
>>
JP con pre-party was lit tho
>>
>>9049343
There's no waterpark. I mean it's a ski resort right.
But there's loads of shit to do like the mountain coaster, zip line, gondola ride, mini golf etc. If you're here with friends you can make your own fun. Also the rooms are 5 star and cheap since it's technically the off season
>>
Everything about blue mountain resort is amazing it's like the inside of the gaylord at katsucon but blown up with lots more to do. The actual yeticon kinda sucks. The dealers room is pretty much empty, and everything else seems pretty sub-par on the convention side. Haven't seen the game room yet though. It's a first year con and feels like one. Totally worth it just for the location though maybe don't buy a pass for a few years until it gets better.
>>
>>9049460
>I want this con to succeed so I won't support it for a few years
Yeah, fuck yourself
>>
>>9049460
The con is young, you like being there, you want to continue going, but you do not want to help them recoup costs...

Are you actually a retard?
>>
>>9049739
>>9050071
The con passes were pretty expensive for what you got which was almost nothing. I'm not supporting the actual con until it gets better. I couldn't care less if it gets better or not I can go to blue mountain resort and have the same amount of fun with friends without the con. Katsucon and colossalcon are the exact same the actual convention isn't what I'm there for and the same applies to a lot of other people aswell.
>>
>>9050071
You might actually be retarded or have terrible reading comprehension. I had absolutely nothing good at all to say about the actual convention part of it with all the praise going to blue mountain resort. Blue mountain resort is exactly the same all summer as it is right now the convention aspect has nothing to do with how fun it is its all the location. I can go here every summer with no con at all and still enjoy it and have fun.
>>
>>9049739
Why would you support something that doesn't meet expectations at all this isn't a marathon where everyone gets a participation ribbon it's a business that wants my hard earned money. Why would I spend more on something that is really bad in the hopes that it magically gets better later. Put out a good product before asking people to give you money it's not a charity.
>>
I'm having fun but the weirdest thing is just the normalfag to con goer ratio. The venue is great though I want to keep supporting it, it has such great potential.
>>
Can anyone tell me how busy the Artist Alley area is? Are there a lot of tables? Might apply for next year.
>>
>>9048530
Purblind and bec. They didn't disappoint. >>9050095
Seriously this con is expensive af
>>
>>9049436
Uh yes there is a water park? It's smaller but there are pools water slides hot tubs and a splash pad kinda thing. I may have been day drunk but I'm pretty fucking sure that was a pool I was in today lol
>>
>>9049460
Do you not realize how expensive it is to do a lot of the attractions at the resort? Each ticket for 1 use is $16 for things like the roller coaster, zip lines, and the gondola. It's a better deal with the con where you pay a small fee and then get unlimited access during certain times of the day.
>>
>>9050170
I'm in the AA and the space was big. The artists and dealers are mixed together but they asked for feedback and they are gonna fix that for next year. This is my first con and I broke even with like near $100 in profit.
>>
So how were the cosplayers?
>>
>>9050270
One pool with a slide does not a waterpark make.
Though the pool party was lit. I'm surprised the lifeguards didn't step in when people got rowdy
>>
>>9050594
That's good to hear anon. I was in the dealers room and AA and I wasn't sure how the sellers were doing cause there just aren't that many people.I hope more artists and dealers come of there is a next year. I like my con shopping.
>>
>>9050588
So? Compare that to apop where not only do you get the science center all day with pretty much all its attractions you get a decent dealers room and artist alley with the con pass. Just because you get a slight deal on those specific things for what 2 hours on Saturday and one hour on sunday if I'm correct? Most of the people I know didn't even use it for that because 1. they didn't know or 2. were busy at those times because you know it's a Saturday at a con people are busy as shit.
>>
>>9050705
Are you gonna start complaining about a pop now too because it's no longer at the science centre and "wahh the ticket isn't worth it anymore because no free extra attractions"
Dang you're whiney.
>>
>>9050686
It was busiest on Saturday morning and around noon. I spoke to the other artists and a lot of them didn't break even, but that's probably because a lot just offered only prints. I think having a variety of items (prints, buttons, plushies, bookmarks, etc) is a huge help because prints aren't for everyone.

It helps to have a lot of merch from the popular fandoms like loz, undertale, and sailor moon.
>>
>>9050770
When did wanting a decent standard for a product become whiney? Also did I ever complain about apop at all? I don't know if you're the same person but if you are you really gotta work on your reading comprehension because people might start actually thinking you're a bit downsy. What must your life be like if you lap up shit because someone puts it on a plate in front of you.
>>
The yeticon ticket got me a free gondola ride, free mini putt, free swim party and free open bar on saturday night, so if you're too stupid to take advantage of what they give you, tough luck.
>>
Tickets are normally $18 for mini putt/etc and the con offered these events for free at certain times and at a 40% discount the rest of the weekend. So if you nabbed the free times (listed on the program) you could easily recoup your ticket. On top of that, there was open bar on both Friday and Saturday night so you could recoup on free drinks. The con content was just an awesome bonus, or at least that is how i saw it.

I hope they had a good first year because I would definity attend again. Vacationing with a bunch of like minded people is awesome, and I would love to see what they can do with more attendees/a bigger budget.
>>
That was pretty great. I didn't get a pass this year and I don't think I will next year. The resort's activities don't really interest me. Partying at the resort is fun though.
>>
>>9050633
OK fair reasoning but the answer seemed a bit misleading if anon has never been to blue mountain
>>
>>9051268
Man the pass was worth it for the open bar and pool party I think but you do you.
>>
>>9051023
>>9051244
You could recoup the tickets cost which was what $60 for a weekend pass at the doors $10 less for early purchase? Those were only offered for a very limited amount of time in the middle of the day when tons of people were busy doing shoots or other any other reason it wasnt a lot to really make me want to purchase a ticket again. The worst was that specifically for the dealers room/panels/pool party on saturday, you didnt need the badge at all because they were not checking. Why buy something that is supposed to let you into something that is exclusive to pass holders but anyone can get in? It was a waste of money.

>>9051286
Know tons of people that got into the pool party without a badge at all.
>>
>>9051289
Well it still gave you an $8 discount on the blue mountain tickets for the not-free time and once again, open bar which they seemed to be checking passes for.

But security was really lax, but they will probably step it up in a second year or as the con grows. It seems they sold more tickets then they were expecting.
>>
I had planned on going, but couldn't find anybody to go with aside from my boyfriend but we decided to just save the money and go out instead.

Looking at the panels, I don't see much that's interesting. Though to be fair i'm only skimming the schedule and not looking at the details. The worbla one would be cool i suppose. As would "Cosplay on a Budget". Also a "Controversies in Cosplay Communities" panel? Really? I dunno man.
>>
So Purelight and Bec were both guests? Didn't Bec steal her bf?
>>
was there any cosplay drama? seems like nah
>>
>>9051449
Nah. It's best to stay away from drama anyway.
>>
>>9051439
Why is this even a rumor. Purelight broke up with her bf and then started spreading shit about him and his girlfriend who he got almost a couple years after.
>>
Dramuuu
>>
>>9051439
Not what I heard... heard Bec cheated on her gf with purelight's ex though and only got with him once said gf kicked her out of the apartment they shared
>>
>>9051289
Interesting on the pool party. I'm fairly certain I drank the equivalent of my early bird pass though so I'm good. If there is another open bar I'd buy again.
>>
>>9051439
Dunno about that but Bec took a pretty ugly tantrum and left the con because she and purelight were wearing basically the same Tracer bikini on saturday, that was pretty beautiful to watch.
>>
>>9050705
it took apop a while to even be in the science centre. their first year was at the sheraton near anime north lands.

yeti-con was amazing, and the best part about it is how much potential it has. give it time and it will become amazing
>>
>>9051739
Pretty easy to know that either you weren't there or you are just throwing out baseless rumors.
>>
>>9051739
The bikinis were eerily similar except one small change, and I know Bec wore it earlier at colossal. Purelight's wig was abysmal though so I have no idea why you would think she threw a tantrum about it?
>>
>>9051777
Differet anon, I happened to hear her bitching about it on her way to her room, I wouldn't call it an ugly tantrum but she was definitely annoyed at it. And she did leave early so could be true.

Pureblind had hers made or at least designed before colossal, it's posted on her insta. No idea when Bec made/bought hers.
>>
>>9051781
Ha purelight sorry I combined two basic bitches into one, apparently.
>>
>>9051781
I can understand bitching if you thought someone copied your design for a cosplay. I know for a fact that the reason she left was not because of any costume dispute. I want people to stop spreading completely baseless rumors. The Toronto cosplay scene is already shitty enough, it could use a bit of a clean up.
>>
>>9051796
Looks more like Bec copied but I don't know what either expected. Tracer is obnoxiously popular. Anyway good luck with that whole white knight campaign there anon. Bitching on 4chan will totally change the community.
>>
>>9051799
Most people do the swimsuit that has more fan art of it, I've seen it multiple times more than theirs. Getting people to stop spreading baseless rumors about people is white knighting now? Kind of assuming that the only thing I do is bitch about it here. Feels like something full grown adults shouldn't do. Its a community for dressing up like cartoon characters. Continue to do it if you like but its kind of a pussy move if you won't tell someone to their face but spread stuff online.
>>
>>9051808
This is 4chan people are going to be shitty. Chill.
>>
>>9051808
>baseless rumors

People suck and gossip a lot but you repeating this phrase every post you make makes me want to start shit lol
>>
Well I saw Rebecca Saturday so I guess she left early on sunday? Who cares, dude. Just enjoy yourself.
>>
Did anyone ride the gondola? I was going to but it just seemed like a glorified chair lift.
The mountain coaster was fun though, I rode it 3 times.
>>
Purelight did post a photo of her drawn tracer bikini design before colossal so bec copied it or it was a realllly big coincidence
>>
>>9052087
Yeah bec copied the swimsuit to "get back" at purelight for doing bunny tracer first. That's not a BaSeLESs RuMoR it's from the horse's mouth.
>>
>>9052076
Yeah I did. It was OK. View from the top was nice. You didn't miss out really.
>>
>>9051836
You sound like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>9052197
I think there is a lot of purelight in this thread.
>>
does anyone know why that star wars cosplay won over the girl in the sick armor? was it because the armor looked better than what the judges could make?
>>
>>9052334
Seems kind of fishy. Was the Rey any of the judges friend or something?
>>
>>9052334
maybe because it was a rookie competition and she wasn't
>>
>>9052334
I wish masqs would post score-sheets publicly. Like how arda shares their iron wig scores
>>
>>9052331
I'm actually an oldfag I just enjoy trolling >>9052333
I think so too. Lots of Bec as well.
>>
>>9050085

Ignoring the fact that there was free Gondola Rides, Mini-Putt, Zip-Lining, Roller-Coaster, and Pool Party.

Each ticket for these events individually at Blue Mountain is $16 for an Adult.

You essentially are getting a Blue Mountain activity pass along with your YetiCon badge.

This is infinite amounts of value compared to Anime North's 6 million panels of Yaoi
>>
>>9050705

You get to wander around Blue Mountain all day, and the scenery is infinitely better for photoshoots than APop.

Tons of people hit up the roller-coaster desu. Sunday was the perfect time to actually hit up all the attractions.

Sunday was Roller-Coaster, Mini-Putt, and Gondala.

Saturday had Zip-lining, and the pool party.
>>
>>9052824
The zip line was kind of shit. I went right when it became free and the line at the top was 30 min long. It wasn't a very long ride either
>>
>>9052413
How would you know that?
>>
>>9055552
I don't, it's a hunch
>>
Bec's makeup is just awful
>>
>>9055696
On the site it says:

If you have entered competitions at any level and not won MAJOR award such as
“Best in Division” or “Best in” ANYTHING, at ANY level of competition, you are still a Rookie.
>>
>>9055696
Clearly she never entered a contest. But that Rei shouldn't have won.
>>
Anyone take some photos/videos?
>>
>>9051344
They actually had to print out more because they sold more than they brought. A lot of parents were there with their kids, which was slightly odd to see.
>>
>>9052413
Still though, the Rei only won because of her BB-8 which probably wasn't even made by her. Besides, she did a performance instead of posing like she was supposed to so she should have been in the performance division.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.