[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Momocon 2016 Part II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9
File: momocon2.png (351 KB, 1000x733) Image search: [Google]
momocon2.png
351 KB, 1000x733
Momocon is now at the Congress Center! What panels are you going to? Who are you cosplaying? What are your coords?

Meetup is Saturday at 2, location to be decided below, contenders include Omni lobby and CNN food court.
>>
On parking: i paid 15 at red deck, but the employees seemed to have no idea how their price structure works. They told me they dont even check cars at night for tickets, the ticket booth lady said they did not have overnight. I'm wary about buying a con pass that may be worthless.
>>
Coming today boys
>>
So when and where are the meetups?
(male cosplayer, if it matters)
>>
Let's meet at the Omni lobby. Sat at 2 like mentioned, it's an easy to get to spot
>>
Anyone looking for a photographer? I'm booking for today and tomorrow!
>>
>>9024851
Anyone here famalams
>>
>>9025129
Walking around in gym leader morty cosplay
>>
>>9025129
Yeah bruh this thread is snails though.
>>
anyone down to join us for a drink or two? we outside in the hilton garden inn
>>
>>9025129
fb com/officialemcp

get at me dawg
>>
I'll be at the boogie panel and won't be able to make it D:
>>
South tower lobby, anyone else here?
>>
>>9026787
where at?
>>
File: 0528161412.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0528161412.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
>>9026807
Next to escalators
>>
>>9026808
Are we still meetinf in omni lobby?
>>
>>9024106
Me and a few friends will be arriving in about 7 minutes. Look for a black guy in a pink shirt, with a guy wearing a dbz shirt and another guy.
>>
did the meetup ever happened or was it just a fedora wearing supreme gentleman or two, like most seagull meetups
>>
Where the all the people? And the cosplayers? Like I feel like there is half the attendees from last year. Am I wrong?
>>
>>9027183
the cosplayer to non-cosplayer ratio seems to be like 70/30. Almsot everyone I see is cosplaying
>>
Allow me to apologize for two things:

1) Not showing up to the meetup that I helped plan

2) The drunk and disorderly, approaching violent conduct of my"friend" Friday night that continued on long after we got home to the point where the police were called and my other friend and I had to stay all the way in Flowery Fucking Branch to escape his potentially dangerous behavior. If he made any of you feel unsafe I am so, so sorry. Genuinely. But yeah, he was the reason I couldn't make the meetup today or take advantage of my 4 day pass at all, but more importantly he is the reason my friend has to start a new fucking life.

I just had to get that off my chest, gulls.
>>
What the fuck happened with the duo for the cosplay contest?
>>
>>9027483
you sound like you have bigger life issues to deal with and should stop going to anime cons
>>
>>9027627
The Rilakuma pair? What do you mean what happened?
>>
>>9028508
Those were totally bought. And even if they weren't they're were better duos.

Slightly related, after the contest he had to wait for the elevator and got super pissed. So he full forced punched the doors

Slightly related, he punched the e
>>
>>9027483
>he is the reason my friend has to start a new fucking life
Holy shit, what did he do, man?
>>
Got laid twice, good con.
>>
>>9029018

So many hot chicks, where have you been hiding them Atlanta?
>>
>>9029028
in the suburbs
>>
>>9028570
If it was the same guy as Friday, he stood behind me while people were trying to take my pic and wouldn't leave. Finally I hugged him so he'd fuck off (bc he was trying to get a hug), and he tried picking me up and I started screaming no at him.

Go be a creeper elsewhere rilakuma guy.
>>
>>9028284
Trust me I know, this was supposed to be my one good weekend without any fuckedupedness and had he been tame and not made complete fucking fools out of my group it would've been like that.

>>9028980
She's living with him and doesn't want to surround herself with that kind of behavior anymore for safety reasons; unfortunately she kinda has nowhere else to go right now. When we were on the way home she was driving and he was fucking with her the entire time and distracting her with his antics to the point where we almost got ourselves wrapped around a fucking tree.
>>
>>9029237
Holy shit, I'm glad you ended up okay. I'm really sorry that this guy ruined your time, and that your friend is left out in the cold. Hoping she finds some place to be, and that your "friend" gets some fucking help. He sounds mentally ill, in addition to his alcoholic issues.
>>
>>9029256
Like when he's sober and they get into arguments he's a little dramatic but nothing ever this bad. We filmed some of it so we could show him the next day and convince him to stop drinking. I'm not sure how he reacted to that but I'm trying to get ahold of my friend and tell her that she has a place here with me if she needs it.
>>
>>9027483
>>9029237
>>9029256
>>9029279

You're a good person, but you are the company you keep - you need to not associate yourself with these sorts of people. Your friend sounds like he needs a solid knuckle sandwich to the jaw to knock him down a few pegs and realize the gravity of the issues he seems to always cause others. There's no repairing a destructive personality, only abating it and relocating it.

Don't take their actions as your own, however. It's admirable you'd want to make up for his mistakes though.
>>
>>9029018
Hope they weren't underage
>>
>>9029561

Nope, after a brief introduction always ask where they attend school.
>>
>>9029420
Thanks anon, he's definitely not gonna be a part of my life anymore. It just sucks because she's not gonna stop living with him and I worry.
>>
File: amygun.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
amygun.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
The only tragedies I heard about

>a dinosaur kigurumi guy grabbed some girl and ran off with her while forcefully kissing her
>guy broke his ankle when a chick glomped him
>obese woman forced by security to stop screaming "Damn, Daniel!" at passerby
>>
File: CjhfmqtXIAAML0I.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CjhfmqtXIAAML0I.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
Anybody catch me play with Shawn Wasabi on Friday night? :3 It was fun!
>>
My van got stolen during the con. Police said they won't help me.

Other than that, it was a good con.
>>
>>9029999
The good: Nice quad

The bad: missing Van

The ugly: police won't help

Wat
>>
>>9029944
>obese woman forced by security to stop screaming "Damn, Daniel!" at passerby
That sounds hilarious.
>>
>>9029999
Sucks, man.

The airline lost one of my suitcases, and they just don't give a flip! My fancy lolita diaper hat was in there, and now it's gone forever.
>>
>>9029968
what time did shawn start playing?
>>
>>9030068
12:30, which I think was half an hour later than he was supposed to, but they did a poor job of marketing it since it literally only said "Shawn Wasabi" in the guide, but the guide app description mentioned the opener DJ?
then they had no one else booked so we decided to play a set together last minute!
Show is on Twitch, at least~
https://twitter.com/MidnightSnacks/status/736671377688793089
>>
>>9029849
I like that good man, and good manners
>>
>>9030119
thanks for that my group stayed til about 11 I think waiting and it was worded badly. At least they could have said exactly when he would begin
>>
>>9024106
Had a great time like usual! Pretty peeved that the whole ticket thing with autographs was never really posted to the website at all.
>arrive to doug walker's autograph session half an hour early
>staff stops me. "you have a ticket?"
>what the fuck is that
>"oh well if you don't have one you can't get in line. you need to try again at 10am tomorrow to get a ticket."
>there's no one in line over here
baka I want to go back to first-come-first-serve basis. I don't want to wake up early to grab a ticket for a signing that's at 5pm.
>>
>>9030198
I was pretty pissed about that too. The app said nothing about fucking tickets!

I was lucky enough to snag a picture with TB on Friday though, so at least I got something!

Didn't get Jared or Doug :(
>>
File: 2016-05-27 16.54.51.jpg (811 KB, 1915x1915) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-27 16.54.51.jpg
811 KB, 1915x1915
>>9030234
tfw I got this garbage from Jared. Bless this mess.
>>
How was the contest? Any good cosplayers? Skits?
>>
>>9030294
Momocon doesn't do skits. Wish they did- it would be fun!
>>
Did my first costume contest ever. So much waiting, but glad I did it. It was crazy fun, and the judges gave really good feedback, I feel (at least to me- maybe because it was my first fully self made cosplay). I just wish the novice category made some distinction between those who are actually relatively new to costume making and those who are just new to contests though.
>>
Did anyone see the chunky Asian dude have some sort of seizure and get pulled out in a stretcher Friday night? What happened? Is he ok???
>>
>>9030316
That's just how all costume contests are nowadays. Actual novices might have a better chance entering in the journeyman category.
>>
>>9030328
Why is that so? I'd like to gather more info/strategy to prep for AWA.
>>
>>9030237
OMFG GOOD HAUL
>>
I was only at momo on saturday and it was a decent con. The dealers room was a lot better than I had hoped. And honestly I was incredibly lucky to have had my friend with me. I have a lot of medical problems and that dude put up with all of it. Every time I needed to sit down he went out of his way to carry my stuff until I got my energy back. But other than my own problems that was the most fun I've had in a long time.
>>
Still pissed that the rilakkuma pair one when you can buy both of those costumes.

The zipper on the guys back wasn't even functioning, I figured it was obvious he didn't make it.
>>
Surprised the transformers didn't win
>>
>>9030694
You can go to the aliexpress thread right now and look at three different bear suits people are discussing.
They do look a bit different than the duo's so I'm curious. What is the duos cosplay name/page? Maybe they have in progress photos.

>>9030383
From what I've noticed the least amount of people enter under journeyman and the novices are often times better looking than the journeyman.
>>
>>9030316
What are momo' prizes for winners?
>>
Is it photo share time yet?
>>
>>9029944
>dinosaur kigurumi guy

So glad when he got banned. What a shithead.
>>
I had some guy awkwardly talk to me about my series for a little bit'. He then asked me if we were headed to the same place, then when I said I was heading to my hotel room there was an awkward silence before he purposely "accidentally" ran into me and brushed my chest with his hand. He then literally ran away up the escalator.

I'm still not sure if I should feel offended or confused.
>>
>>9030903

At least from what I saw, some got medals, some got certificates and some got glass plaques, depending on the award. Some manga volumes and con merch in the goodie bags as well. Nothing terribly interesting but still nice.
>>
There was this one dude who came up and talked to me in the dealer's room one day and it was hands-down the most awkward, forced exchange I've ever had in my life.

He tapped me on the shoulder, and I figured he was gonna ask for a picture. Instead he asked me what my name was, what I was cosplaying, and if I made the costume. Nothing weird just yet, though asking for my name was a bit weird for what I figured was going to be just a brief con floor convo.

There was an awkward pause, and he gives me a once-over, clearly looking for something to talk about. I was carrying a small plushie as part of my costume, which he commented on.

>Him: So I see that, in addition to being the best cosplayer in the world, you're also the best.......... plushie maker? Did you make that?
>Me: Yeah I did but that's a bit extreme

A few moments of awkward silence, I look away for half a second, then-

>Him: I feel like your awkwardness matches my awkwardness perfectly
>Me: ...............Uh-huh
>Me (thinking): You're the most awkward thing in the room right now dude but sure

At some point he also asked me how old I was and mentioned he was glad I wasn't underage, which sent up red flags that he was just going for a pickup. By some godly miracle I got a phone call right as I was looking for a way out, excused myself from the conversation, and bolted. Didn't see the dude again. Thank god.

(I feel like that dude is probably in this thread. Don't care. Shit was creepy.)
>>
>>9030694
I'm so happy some else is pissed. How the fuck do you miss that

>>9030770
They don't have a page as far as I can tell
>>
>>9030664
>I have a lot of medical problems and that dude put up with all of it. Every time I needed to sit down he went out of his way to carry my stuff until I got my energy back. But other than my own problems that was the most fun I've had in a long time.

Go back to tumblr where people will asspat you for your ~disabilities~. Also he wants to fuck you.
>>
Damn it, my sister is still mad that I abandoned her there and she had to take a nine-hour bus ride home.

I got laid though, so whatever.
>>
>>9031774
Wow. After all that, your sister still fucked you?
>>
Lost my wallet there. If found, please mail it to me. And don't steal the fucking condoms.
>>
File: devito.png (67 KB, 225x204) Image search: [Google]
devito.png
67 KB, 225x204
>>9031824
>>
That Mexican party was the shit.
>>
>>9032154
was it mexelent?
>>
Anyone know why that women in gaming panel was canceled?
>>9032154
Those Mexicans were fun af. I kept getting stopped by them for pictures. They were nice unlike thise graduate families in friday. Jesus christ.
>>
>>9030694
Was in the costume contest waiting room with them and they had progress photos
>>
>>9032544
Even so, a few of the other duos were more impressive imo.
>>
>>9032568
Definitely agreed with that, I'm just consistently annoyed on principle when people call fake on anything with no evidence.
>>
>>9030198
I had a friend who that happened to! I ran into him on my way to the dealer's room and I was so upset for him, especially since he didn't have a lot of time the next day.
>>
Who else had a really bad time with that evangelist/whatever that was outside? He actually pulled me aside forcefully and then told me I was going to burn in hell. I panicked and just said, "I can't wait." But he kept trying to get me to stay, when he was letting other people walk by. (I wasn't dressed up as anything that he could consider super ~not christian~ either, I'm just wondering if he got this intense with anyone else.)
>>
>>momocon still it's during con thread
>>fanime now on its third after con thread

Yeah, real good idea moving it to memorial day weekend, fucking morons.
>>
>>9032668
With my friend group we looked for evidence that he did make them, and we couldn't find anything. We just assumed the lack of evidence meant no evidence. But I understand where you're coming from
>>
>>9033069
I only saw the one guy with the bear suit who was talking about how it had finally come in and is there a girl who would wear the light colored one.

Since he mentioned it had 'finally come in' on the momocon fanpage months ago, I assumed he had ordered it from someone or some store.
>>
>>9032791
>judging the popularity of a con based on the number of /cgl/ threads there are
are you fucking retarded
>>
Any truth to the rumor that they shut down the rave because someone shit themselves?
>>
>>9033098
>>was able to get a con hotel room at the con rate at the con. Rooms never sold out in any hotel.

I don't think a retard should be calling people retards. This con blows chunks and is the next autistic sjw con.
>>
>>9032668
You raped me. I demand you compensate me.
>>
How was the artist alley this year?
>>
>>9033072
I saw the same thing on the Facebook group. This kinda lead me to the idea that he bought it. I tried looking for the post again but it has since been deleted.
>>
>>9033819
was pretty disappointed with both the dealers and AA this year
>>
went on sunday and had an ok time considering it was my first time cosplaying

only bizarre thing to happen to me was some dude who asked to take a picture and gave me his business card and when i went to said site on the card it 404'd on me
>>
>>9030664
>>9031719
>Go back to tumblr where people will asspat you for your ~disabilities~. Also he wants to fuck you.

Ngl, I was thinking this too.
But I figured I was just a jaded asshole and maybe she/he does have something majorly wrong.
>>
>>9035744
Not who you're talking to, but I'm epileptic, which is a bitch and a half in a con environment. Shit like this grinds my gears.
>>
>>9032373
What happened with the graduate families? I was only there on sat and sun
>>
>>9033331
Other hotels that weren't the Omni sold out though at the con rates? I don't think the Omni is as popular because it's more expensive.
>>
How was the rave? Heard it was piss-poor.
>>
God, it was hot. Nearly melted.
>>
>>9038350
no, they were wide open. every fucking hotel I checked had at least 30 to 50 rooms still open.
>>
>>9038350
Lol. I paid $50 for three nights. Had to sleep under a desk but whatever.
>>
>>9041444
>>9038350
Shit wait how much were hotel rooms. I always assume con rates = $$$$, but if it was a few hundred bucks for the weekend I would have done that. I mean I live only like ~25 miles away, but I always got into traffic and hit issues parking every day which was annoying.
>>
Lost my damn phone there. Did anyone see it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160608-110232.png (395 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160608-110232.png
395 KB, 1440x2560
Fuck no. No. No. No. Not just no. Hell no.
>>
>>9045308
Literally who
>>
>>9045575
Bless your eyes for not knowing who she is, she's all over the FL con circuit because she has a cool Pikachu car but her cosplays are meh but she acts like she's the be all end all for cosplay
>>
>>9045594
The car, which is cool but that's about the only part that a majority of people seem to like about her
>>
>>9034616
Can you describe the card? I know I haven't check the QR code on my cards for 1 year, I wouldn't be surprise if it wouldn't work anymore.
>>
Hi!
Can anyone point me to where I can post the link to my MomoCon album so cosplayers can find (and tag) their photo in them ( 5 albums, 1850 photos).
I tried to find somewhere on MomoCon website(or fb), but nada...
>>
>>9049214
The Momocon Facebook group should be fine.
>>
>>9045598
That's the biggest waste of space I've ever seen.
>>
>>9042926
I stayed thursday through sunday at it was around $500, and then add valet service tip and valet parking and you've got almost $600.
>>
>>9049880
Well when your con is shit and needs to make space look like it's being used, you did this kind of gimmick.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.