[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan Expo Paris 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: japan-expo-2016-affiche.jpg (419 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
japan-expo-2016-affiche.jpg
419 KB, 533x800
1 month till the 17th impact

any yuro going?
>>
off course
>>
>>9021782
I'm thinking of going, is everything in french?
>>
>>9021859
it's mixed. there will be all french events and all french booths just as there will be enlglish-mixed/only booths and stuff. Everything like plans and informations will be in both french and english though.
>>
I'll try to go on Thursday and on the week-end. Currently trying to finish my cosplay in time for the contest and laughing at the weebs losing their shit because of the security rules.
>>
>>9024658
I must admit, the security are kinda pushy/dumb.

How the hell are we all gonna survive without big bottles? I usually hang around DDR arcade machines, 50cl ain' gonna be enough mang.
>>
>>9026885

Well, the rules allow people to bring as many as they want as long as it's under 50cl, and we can refill them at the restroom faucets. There are plenty in the convention centre, some with hardly any queue, and even if the water isn't ice cold it's drinkable.

I feel you though, DDR machines usually attract a crowd and must be brutal in JE's heat.
>>
>>9024658
>laughing at the weebs losing their shit because of the security rules.
Well to be honest, it's not like Paris didn't have some security problems in events recently.
I'm hoping nothing happens.
>>
>>9027100
I hope too and I understand why the rules have been implemented (some were not even decided by JE but at a higher level). It's just funny to see salty people cry dictatorship and call for a boycott because they can't dress in military clothes or bring a too-realistic weapon. Honestly I feel more for the photographers that can't bring their usual gear.
>>
>>9027155
>Honestly I feel more for the photographers that can't bring their usual gear.
I'm >>9027100
I might have worded my post wrong, but I agree with you.
The definitive security rules will be updated on june 16, so we'll see.
The fact that there's a huge soccer event happening at the same time doesn't help.
>>
>>9027159
Ah sorry, I did misunderstand. I'm curious to see what will change, and I hope that people won't act so hateful towards the staff again... and yeah the Euro has already made it hard to find a decent priced hotel room, but thankfully, since the matches are in the evening, the crowd going to them and the crowd coming back from JE will be going the opposite direction.

Talking about transportation, here is a reminder for everybody reading this thread and planning to come : the ticket machines have an option to buy a return ticket, USE IT. The amount of people who don't plan for their return and get stuck for an hour in the convention center station (which only has like 5 machines and hundreds of people trying to use them at the end of the day) is astonishing, and it's not pleasant when you're tired and hot and want to leave.
>>
>>9026956
That's precisely why we wouldn't bring small bottles. With the huge crowds gathering around the stands if you're leaving just once there's a fuck-ass line when you get back.
>>
>>9028225
Ah, I see your problem now. I don't usually hang around the super crowded stands so I didn't think of that
>>
>>9027155
yeah it's true it's for our own good and all buti dk man a Judy cosplay from Zootopia got refused, it's kind of over the top don't you think?
Also they're kiiiind of milking it to get more money in a way, maybe i'm wrong but anyway i think that year after year this con is becoming more and more "commercial"?.
>>
>>9028315
>this con is becoming more and more "commercial"?.
Kek you're french right ? Only frenchies trying to speak english use that word.
[spoiler]I know this because I'm French too.[/spoiler]
Well, I think that being a mainstream event that even normies sort-of know about made it a bit uneven, there's a lot of good stuff but also quite a lot of dumbed-down shit for the average joe.
Its success gave birth to a lot of smaller, cozier cons though, so I think that it was ultimately a good thing.
>>
>>9028315
I think the Judy thing was because it'd be a nightmare to choose which uniforms can be allowed and which can not. Simpler to put a ban on all of them, even if yes, it's a bit over the top. And yeah, it's mainstream as fuck, but from my point of view you can get your money's worth depending on your reasons for attending.

A big negative point is the total lack of control over what's being sold, so many bootlegs...
>>
>>9028338
Not the anon you were speaking to, but English people use the word commercial to describe events too.
>>
>>9028523
Yes, but in french we tend to use that to mean that the whole purpose of an event is to make money and that it is really bad and morally reprehensible.
The whole sentence felt like badly translated french, which explains my post.
Also the quotation marks hint that he/she does not know the proper english term.
>>
>>9028338
>Paris anime con
>French people posting
Wow, what a fucking coincidence right. What is the point of mentioning something like that?
Not even that anon.
>>
>>9028580
Because I had my share of dumb weebs who can't into english and spread that stupid complain everywhere.
Also, what was the point of your post ?
>>
So, any event in particular you guys plan on attending ? I want to see the ECG finals, but fuck having to get there 3 hours earlier just to get a seat
>>
>>9028592
You could have easily answered anon's question without bringing up syntax errors. I don't see him/her bringing up stupid complaints and there is no proof anon is a dumb weeb either. Your argument is as baseless as your assumptions.
Nice parroting.
>>
>>9021782
When the fuck will JX ever come back to the US?

If so, please pick a better venue than San Mateo.
>>
>>9028829
I may be pessimistic but i don't think the JE will ever come back to the US. at least not until 2018.
>>
>>9028829
They got rekt last time by trying to pull the same shit in the US that they do in France, so they lost money.
They won't be back soon, but you have much better stuff here.
>>
>>9028850
They still had pretty good guests during the two editions. In my opinion they should have gone just about the same way as they did in france. Starting slow and getting in touch with the local communities, get a better fucking location than san mateo and grow as the attendance grows.
>>
File: areyeupset.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
areyeupset.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>9028592
>getting so pissy over one word
>implying i'm a dumb weeb who can't into english because of it
>>
Apparently the first cosplay guest / ECG jury will be announced tomorrow. Who are you betting on ?
>>
File: Cj2sP8DUoAEVrVm.jpg large.jpg (127 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cj2sP8DUoAEVrVm.jpg large.jpg
127 KB, 724x1024
Splatoon concert happening at JE

Makes me wish I was going even more badly now
>>
File: Screenshot_20160601-142913.png (776 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160601-142913.png
776 KB, 1080x1920
The press conference is on, first cosplay guest is Yuegene Fay apparently.
>>
>>9034241
>>9034315
I don't know how they manage to keep up their standing concerning guests it must be hell to attract big names every years. Heck, they even got shigeru miyamoto last year. im also wondering who will be the video game guest.

Also, man with a mission is back at JE.
>>
>>9039574
Looks like the main video game guest is Junichi Masuda, one of GameFreak's directors, and the main manga guest is Hiro Mashima, the author of Fairy Tail.

I've heard that JE and editors they were having a hard time getting Japanese guests this year because the terrorist attacks of November were scaring them, but looking at the guest list it still seems alright. They also got the authors of Hellsing, King's Game and Saint Seiya the Lost Canvas among others
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.