[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General: ILD edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: dinerdoll.jpg (108 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
dinerdoll.jpg
108 KB, 600x1066
Old thread >>9014874

International Lolita Day is near, any plans yet?

Also, now that the colors for Diner Doll are confirmed (pink, sax, navy and red) who's gonna get it?
>>
pics and sauce on red color way?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464080342200.jpg (32 KB, 494x672) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464080342200.jpg
32 KB, 494x672
>>9019920
Someone on Lolita Updates posted it.
>>
>>9019926
Oooo not cute...
>>
>>9019915
Yesss, I was hoping for sax! Sax and Pink 50s Diner Waitress is kind of my aesthetic. (Good gosh, that sounds Tumblr. Oh well.)
>>
>>9019915
>sax

It's mint you dope.
>>
>>9019948
I think it's a little more blue-ish, but whatever anon.
>>
>>9019926
Red was unexpected and the shade looks odd. But maybe that's just the crappy photo. I thought about yellow or lavender. Guess that's pandering to the chinese.
>>
Ewww, that red one looks ugly to me. However, I'll see if i can afford a skirt cut. I don't think i have enough for a jsk or op.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464092091511.jpg (49 KB, 448x660) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464092091511.jpg
49 KB, 448x660
>>9019980
Here's a higher quality scan
>>
>>9019958
I've seen it in person, it's mint.
>>
File: large.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
I bought a dress I've wanted for a long time but didn't look at the listing properly before purchase, and it's missing a bit of trim. The only thing is, this dress has very convincing replicas and the trim missing is one of the tell tale ways of separating the real deal from replicas. I bought the listing through FJ, what can / will they do if it's a replica? What if they check it and it has the tag, but it's sewn onto a replica? (I heard a story of someone doing that)
I'm just worried that I'll only realise when I receive it, because then doing anything about it would be a real hassle

For extra info, the seller's listing says that it's missing the trim because she bought it that way from mercari, but that's pretty weird right?
>>
File: tensocc.png (16 KB, 957x380) Image search: [Google]
tensocc.png
16 KB, 957x380
Did I do it right? I'm using my Tenso address on CC.
>>
>>9020026
Is it just me or does this cut look high waisted?
>>
>>9020221
old news
>>
>>9020104
It's just you.
>>
>>9019915
Pics for the navy colorway?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464111596054.jpg (144 KB, 1116x1737) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464111596054.jpg
144 KB, 1116x1737
>>9020237
>>
>>9020276
why does everyone keep licking APs asshole over this again? it's tacky as fuck.
>>
>>9020276
Thanks. I'm usually a huge slut for navy coloways but I'm not really liking this one. I hope I can snag a skirt in sax.
>>
Heh, do Mexican lolitas actually exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPczNfNQec
>>
>>9020302

> mexico even has a kawaii ambassador
> surprised there are mexican lolitas

??
>>
>>9020302
Yes, but the majority are ita as balls.
>>
>>9020318
ita?
>>
>>9020319
They dress really bad.
>>
>>
>>9020319
lurk more
>>
>>9020288
Because people have different tastes, anon. I don't like it much either but I'm not going to shit all over it, it's just not my taste. Less salt.
>>
>>9020363
It's fucking terrible though. People here shit all over OTT sweet like nobodies business and then scramble to suckle on this dingleberry AP has clinging to its anus.

It looks cheap, too. It's something bodyline would put out. I honestly don't understand how people can get past the cheapness of it even if they do love the farted out print.
>>
File: OPM-ep2.jpg (50 KB, 747x763) Image search: [Google]
OPM-ep2.jpg
50 KB, 747x763
>the first lolita i've ever seen in real life years ago was wearing soft cream jsk in sax and it left such a beautiful memory i needed it
>searching for it some months ago and finally bought it for 40 bucks fees included because usa to europe shipping is a bitch
>but it's ok right?
>then customs hit my ass
>35$ or i don't get it back
>i'm obligated to pay it
Paying 75 bucks for a altered (with good lace) second hand bodyline dress was already hurting my ass but wait
>ever since it sat in my closet
>unworn, just..there
>today i realize how it's shit and how i have no idea to make a beautiful coord that isn't super cutesy bullshit or boring
>even if i sell it, it'll go for nothing
I am a fucking idiot.
>tl;dr i ended paying 75 bucks for a bodyline dress and realize i don't even want it anymore
>>
>>9020375
Sell locally to noobs and you'll get all your money back
>>
File: téléchargement (1).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (1).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>9020378
Good idea anon.
(Though i would rather lose a bit of money i would feel bad for scamming them too much y'know)
>>
>>9020319
summer is here
>>
>>9020375
Are you in US or europe? I might be interested in buying
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464119114603.jpg (58 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464119114603.jpg
58 KB, 540x720
No one is talking about this?
>>
>>9020463
I can't even tell what the print is
>>
>>9020463
fugly
>>
>>9020463
I need it.
>>
File: 1394496419415.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1394496419415.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
There's this girl in my comm that is like...liked by everyone. She isnt particularly cool or pretty or rich or anything and her coord arent really good. Yet "famous lolitas" hang out with her,post pics with her,she gets invited to their birthday and she is friend with sooo many lolitas on facebook who never even accepted me but accepted her in a heartbeat,..
I can't help but be jealous WHY does SHE get all that love? I am quiet yet trying my best to be liked because i feel so alone and worthless but i feel like i am just an annoyance and not really liked/awkward.
A girl that used to tell me nice things/like and comment some of my pics totally stopped liking anything and rarely ever comes to comment (mainly to talk with someone else on my status) but i see her liking HER things now. Why is she so much better? It's making me so upset Fuck.
>pic related exactly how i feel
>>
>>9020463
It reminds me too much of that hideous AP x Disney collab
>>
>>9020488
Fuck sorry meant to post in the comm thread
>>
>>9020488
Probably because it comes natural to her while you're forcing it. Try actually enjoying yourself and you might have better success.

Or you can stay salty and harping on some other girl's business instead of improving yourself...it seems to be working for you thus far, no?
>>
>>9020495
Fuck being autist really, i feel like they must secretly be laughing at me behind my back and that just kills me. Especially that girl who stopped liking my things all of a sudden. She told me herself that "her coords are...bleh" and i see her liking some of her posts.
I am being natural and not forcing anything, by trying i mean that i try not to stay super silent like i usually do, by talking a little bit sometimes.
All my life i've been rejected. At school. At sports. Everywhere. I know i am weird and not the best..but all i ever wanted was to feel accepted somewhere. Just once. (I am nearly crying as i write this..i should probably sleep and chill)
>>
>>9020488
It seems like she's comfortable to be around while you're a shy awkward girl that's hard to chat with. Maybe stop focusing on what other people do and other people have. If you want people to feel easy and chill around you, you can't constantly have grudges about other girls.
>>
>>9020510
Jeez stop that self-pity. These "everyone hates me" thoughts sound like some teen-problems. Stop looking for problems and look for solutions. Approach people. talk with them, talk with them about their coords, be friends with the ppular girl. Ever considered they like her coords because the famous girls started liking them?
>>
>>9020463
I think colorways that don't mix two colors look awesome, really looking forward on getting my hands on the navy version
>>
>>9020100
No it's not. You need to include your tenso number in the address too.
>>
>>9020511
Eh i guess... I just hate myself for being born aspie seriously. I miss on so many things and the only "good" thing about it is that i have imagination and a own little world that i can immerse myself into to feel better.
But she is nice to me and told me all of a sudden she considers me one of her best friend while we arent even that close
(Also she has a crush on me apparently. Told me she would totally date me,that she dreamed we slept together and it was cool. I got really uncomfortable. Even more when i learned she was into ddlg) So i can't hate her you know. I just feel kinda..envious towards her social skills? But yeah.
>>
>>9020488
>I am quiet yet trying my best to be liked

Soo you don't put any effort into getting to know your comm and you expect to be liked?
>>
>>9020514
Nah you got it wrong. Nobody said they liked her coords..and they are mediocre at best will all respect due to her.
And that's exactly what i do to no avail. I don't even care that much about being friends with famous people it's mainly because these girls inspired me before and i just wish they kinda...liked me? Idk i just want to be part of the cool kids. I'm 21 ffs what is my life.
>>
>>9020510
They like her because she's at ease at meets. You don't sound like you are, you sound super self-conscious and bitter. Which is normal, I used to be bitter too until I got friends.

Learn to love and be happy with yourself first. Stop thirsting after attention you don't have and try to talk to anyone who seems interested first. You're probably expecting everyone to approach you first, right? That won't happen if you always look uncomfortable and like you don't wanna be there. Talk to random lolitas a few times, see where it goes. You've literally got nothing to lose, it's not like they can care about you any less.
>>
>>9020528
>first first first
Sorry, I'm off to bed now
>>
>>9020520
Tenso number is marked out in black.
>>
>>9020528
>it's not like they can like you any less
ouch
>>
>>9020463
because Jizzy Sky looks like DP rehash: horizontal edition

I wonder if that one girl will buy this in every cut and colorway too
>>
>>9020542
I'm an idiot sorry. But yeah, just had another look and it's missing the building number (千住曙町42-4)
>>
File: jetj2016.jpg (46 KB, 670x400) Image search: [Google]
jetj2016.jpg
46 KB, 670x400
LUNE D'EAU RERELEASE
snagged myself one already. i've been searching for this dress since the last one sold on LM.
i've never ordered from JetJ before though. i figured out their international shipping forms well enough but when exactly do you pay? up front? that's what i'm suspecting, but i'm not fully sure. is it right away or when the reservations close?
>>
>>9020488
Anon, I'm gonna tell you the best advice of your life:
you need to chill the fuck out

First of all you need to understand that not everybody is going to like you or want to be best friends with you. Not everybody is going to like you or want to be best friends with you immediately - some people are naturally very charming, while for others it takes some time. We're in comms because we all like lolita, but we only share one hobby together; some people are going to like others more and others less because we're all ultimately different people.

There could be a number of reasons as to why she seems to have made friends with people more easily, but what do you do to make friends with people in your comm? Do you talk to them on their own statuses? Do you have regular conversations with them in private messages? Do you try to make conversation at meets? Just because you've gone to a meet and had a couple conversations with people about a new release doesn't mean they're going to be your best friend afterwards. Making friends with people in my comm has been a constant thing - I had to go to a lot of meets and regularly speak with people in order to become friends. Do you host or help host any meets yourself? That has also helped me become friends with people. Going to smaller meets (rather than big ones where people have a natural tendency to group off) is also good for getting closer to people in your comm.

You have to put effort into being friends with people in your comm. I've seen too many people on cgl who expect to just go to meets and become friends with people. While it may be hard to find people you jive with, you do need to actively talk with people both at and outside of meets, but let the conversation flow naturally as well.

Your post doesn't give much background, but based off of it, I get the feeling that you're someone who goes to meets and has a couple casual conversations and thats it.
>>
>>9020488
>>9020510
>>9020521
>>9020526
I'll be perfectly honest, here. If you're on the spectrum? And you're this bitter? Your behaviour or overall vibe is probably worse than you realise and people pick up on it.

We've had a few girls on the spectrum in my comm. Most get along with everyone fine. But one of them exploded one day with almost identical complaints to what you've made here: that another girl who wasn't as pretty/smart/well-dressed/whatever as she was had more friends and more popularity than she did, and didn't understand why.

And people told her in perfectly simple terms what was wrong: she was creepy. She didn't talk much at meets, and when she did, she interrupted other people or inserted comments with inappropriate or off-topic remarks: much like ringing up the admissions of your supposed friend with regards to her dreams and ddlg stuff. None of that is relevant to why other people like her, and are things she likely told you in confidence. Sharing those admissions with other people, even anonymously, is frankly pretty weird and not exactly relevant to the conversation at hand. Which makes me wonder if your attempts to "be more social" and less reclusive don't have similar topics or tones.

TL;DR: you might be an unintentional creeper, and may want to ask someone you are already friends with if your conversational skills are to blame for people not being closer to you in the comm.
>>
>>9020621
cont -

What do people in your comm like to talk about? Do you share hobbies with anyone? You don't need to change your likes and dislikes and hobbies to appease anyone, but if you can involve yourself more in what they like to speak about somehow, that can help conversations flow as well - even if it's just keeping yourself more up-to-date with recent releases.

Try having a casual meet sometime - maybe ask if anyone would like to get dressed up and eat lunch with you somewhere or something like that. Perhaps invite the girl and maybe some of her friends will come along.
>>
>>9020626
Hm. >>9020621 here and I didn't notice that op said they were an aspie. That changes a lot of things then. I agree with this anon - if you're this bitter and also have aspergers/autism then it's entirely possible you're giving off an uncomfortable, may even intense vibe and this is why other people are drawn away from you and to the other girl instead.

This isn't a problem, but if you are inadvertently making other people uncomfortable, it's something you're going to need to learn how to recognize and figure out how to deal with.
>>
File: tensocc2.png (16 KB, 956x381) Image search: [Google]
tensocc2.png
16 KB, 956x381
>>9020583
Better?
>>
>>9020636
Yeah that looks fine!
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 320x180
>>9020639
Thank you.. I'm so ready to be done getting a few dresses from Japan at the same time like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
>>
>>9020463
I don't like this print, but I strangely like the style of the print. It's like Claude Monet and Paul Klee vomited up pastels after a night of drinking. If it ends up being a trend, I'll look forward to what other crazy prints come out.
>>
>>9020621
Eh you know what? You're right. I seriously shouldnt give a fuck like..i have my own friends and have people that love me and tell me i am important to them so why run after some girls' attention like some anime kouhai desperately trying to have senpai notice them?

>>9020626
Nah apparently i am not creepy at all?I even have girls from the comm that find me really cute/sweet so it's not like they all hate me or think "look at this weirdo loser" it's more me thinking they all see me as a weirdo. I talk a bit but not too much (especially try to not nerd out in public when someone speaks about something i really like),i learned not to interrupt people. And i don't just change the topic or make inappropriate jokes. Actually i have trouble understanding some sex jokes or innuendos for some reason thus they view me as "innocent" somehow... I am not always this salty and bitter it's just when i get "overwhelmed" like tonight and vent. Sorry about all that autistic rant (also for mentionning the things she told me...it was to point out that she was being a bit creepy herself? I mean, telling me flat out you dreamed about doing sexual things with me is kind of...weird?)

Thanks guys. I think i'm just gonna not give a shit t b h. If some girls like me then it's cool and if they don't it's cool too.
>>
>>9020680
Yeah, in that case, all you can do is not give a fuck and try to make one-on-one friends. If your vibe is fine and your friends are the kind who would warn you about lines crossed, it's probably just a matter of incompatibility or something along those lines.
>>
>>9020288
Idk but at least it's not crosses.
>>
>>9020617
awh shiiit thanks for posting. Now I have to debate with myself until june
>>
>>9020510
from a fellow autist to you: stop being an embarrassing idiot and just work on improving yourself
>>
>>9020521
>But she is nice to me and told me all of a sudden she considers me one of her best friend while we arent even that close
>(Also she has a crush on me apparently. Told me she would totally date me,that she dreamed we slept together and it was cool. I got really uncomfortable. Even more when i learned she was into ddlg) So i can't hate her you know. I just feel kinda..envious towards her social skills? But yeah.
this is creepy as shit tbqh. drop that girl right away, she's not going to be good for your mental health.
>>
>>9020617
I'm totally going to buy one.

I have a closet full of JetJ, but they haven't released anything I've wanted in months now so I can't remember exactly what the payment is like. I'm pretty sure if you pay with paypal, they send you an email with the invoice. You have to pay within a week of getting the invoice link.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 612x859) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 612x859
I want it so bad. I don't care how shit my taste is.
>>
>>9021021
the "melty" bits look like cum
>>
>>9021029
I mean if you're a skank with a dirty mind yeah. To me it looks like dripping frosting or something.
>>
>>9021021
>THE CUM DRESS
>>
>>9021032
It's cum, anon. You're going to get this dress and forever know that it's cum.
>>
>>9021021
>Gets ready for a ton of 'hot glue' jokes.
>>
>>9021052
The ivory colorway looks really cute anon. I know it makes you feel better screaming that everyone has shit taste besides you, but I don't see the problem with liking subdued prints.
>>
>>9021051

hi there star dress girl.
>>
>>9021057
Are you trying to say I'm the dreamy planetarium girl? I'm not. While I do have a fondness for star prints I don't even own dreamy planetarium and I have more themes than just stars in my wardrobe like berries and chocolate.
>>
>>9021021
It looks like someone puked up pastel ice cream. Gross.
>>
>>9021051
>getting this hot and bothered because people don't like a dress
It's time to walk away from the keyboard, special snowflake.
>>
>>9021108
I'm not though. I even admitted that I had shit taste for it and said I hope people don't like it so I can get more colorways.
>>
>>9020302
Dude get with the program this is old fucking news. Aside from the video you must be a newfag if you dont know about Mexico's KA
>>
>>9020342
Btssb children section?
>>
>>9020463
>No one is talking about this?
Because it's trash, anon.
>>
>>9021135
That must be AP releasing Mother-Daughter dresses.
>>
>>9020459
Is it summer already? United States like never charges customs, and certainly not for something that was $45.
>>
>>9020488
Well...judging on this initial post and all your replies...could it be because she is a genuinly nice person? And you're just a self-pitying salty cunt?
>>
>>9021032
>>9021051

hm, salty people + semen dresses. how fitting
>>
>>9021135
The watermark says "To Alice" and I know there's a clothing brand with that name. They might have released some kind of mother-daughter set. It would make sense since I've seen them make tacky knockoff dresses themed like AP releases, and this one has the checkered tablecloth/sweets combo of the upcoming diner print
>>
>>9021148
where the fuck did they say anything about being worried about customs charges

sometimes you just want to buy domestic because shipping can be faster and less chaotic than going through customs
>>
>>9021051
>Even if that's what it was intended to be(and I would bet money that's not the case and cgl is just being a bunch of sluts)
Yeah cuz you have to be a slut to know what cum looks like. You do know that this board is 18+ right?
>>
>>9021146
Ah shit you're right. Im on mobile so the font is small and i didn't notice it at first. The print and the illustrations looks reminiscent of of btssb style/artwork for me, not really AP. Too bad. I'd love to twin with my daughter. She loves my dresses, and im all about the burando.
>>
>>9021167
Fuck i meant to reply to >>9021155 sorry
>>
>>9021160
If you see something dripping that looks like melting ice cream or frosting and the first thing you think is cum you are probably a slut.
>>
>>9021170
Or just realistic about how it's going to look in person.
You might be thinking it looks like frosting now, but when it arrives, if you're honest, you'll say it yourself.
>this really does look like cum.

It's what happened after death angel came out.
>penis dress
Can't unsee.
>seven vaginas dress
Can't unsee.
>>
>>9021176
I'm planning on getting navy, so unless there's an abundance of navy colored cum in my life in the next few days I doubt that will be the thought that crosses my mind when I see it.

Please take your weird cum obsession and leave, I get that you think it looks like cum. But why does that mean I have to?
>>
>>9021052
not them but hey lay off
after seeing detail photos it looks really nice in ivory and black
>>
>>9021181
Anon, calm down. I'm not the same anon as the one flaming you.
In any case, the only one I don't get the cum vibe on is the pink colorway. The blue really isn't much better than the lighter blue for this.

Who got in on the rerelease of Dozing Cat? That shit is fucking cute. I really like what Metas been doing lately.
The new one, Koi Koi cards, somethinglikethat, is on my list.
>>
I've heard some anons mention that Malco Modes petticoats have adjustable lengths. I'm trying to picture how exactly this would work but I'm kind of lost, can anyone explain to me how they do that?
>>
>>9021229
Meta hate is for edgy summer fags.
Glad to know what you are, now I can ignore you and go back to fondling my prettier dresses.
>>
>>9021253
The waistband is adjustable, so you can fit it to your natural waist or to your hips, viola! Adjustable length!
Bad wording on anon's part, the described the utility rather than the function.
>>
>>9020302
how are people still talking about this?
>>
>>9020463
what can't ap put the word 'Melty' in front of?
>>
>>9021322
I feel like they don't fully understand what the word means. They just use it so bizarrely.
>>
>>9021159
I take it you didn't read the post they replied to
>>
>>9021336
>>9021374
>poorfags eating ramen all month but have a big wardrobe

priorities ladies.
>>
>>9021368
Yeah but consider
>people eating what they want and enjoying every aspect of their life instead of investing every penny in luxury dresses
Y'know, some people like to eat tasty food and don't mind spending a bit more.
>>
>>9020488
you sound like a hater of mine..
>>
>Lolita general: cummies and finances edition
>>
>>9021511
I hope the mods descend on us with their gloriousness and ban all these fucking retards shitting up the general. like jesus christ, less than half of this shit is lolita related
>>
>>9021029
I mean, if your boyfriend is a unicorn?
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 600x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 600x908
Fall can't come soon enough for this print whatever it might be.
>>
Melty Sky aside, have finally a bigger picture of aquarium carnival!
>>
>>9021606
Welp, now I want Antoinette Decoration in navy.
>>
>>9021605
Ohh that is cute, but the fabric looks questionable? Hopefully it is just the photo!
>>
>>9021605
Oh my this reminds me of Cinema Doll and makes me hopeful for a rerelease...
>>
>>9021674

Most of the releases have been underwhelming.

It hasn't been an amazing year for lolita imo. Last two years I was blowing through paychecks. I don't think I've bought anything this year.
>>
File: Tomylovelyglutton.jpg (167 KB, 726x649) Image search: [Google]
Tomylovelyglutton.jpg
167 KB, 726x649
Had no luck in the help thread so trying here instead.
Do anyone own the To my lovely glutton JSK and would be kind enough to measure it for me? I'm interested in the bust measurement since R-series page says it stretches to 100cm and Qutieland says it only goes to 94cm
>>
>>9021253
There's a removable elastic belt (it buttons closed), and 3 channels to pull it through. So you have 3 lengths to choose from! It's a pain to actually change it, but it's cheaper than buying a new petticoat. This is for the Jennifer model, others may vary.
>>
Ok but why is anything with a mildly harsh tone getting deleted?
>>
>>9021606
I want to like AP's new things but the cuts or prints are so.... off. It's like they're biting off Baby (sorry Baby, no shade)
>>
>>9021816
Who are you even responding to
>>
>>9021816
Because it's all cancer.
>>
>>9021837
Maybe they're banning your for ban evasion. Just a thought.
>>
>>9021605
Let's pray for a cat print, I already have a mighty need for a good fall release.
>>
>>9021851
cat prints are always shit tho.
>>
File: 1462297897267.jpg (90 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1462297897267.jpg
90 KB, 500x667
>girls in comm claim there are no secret meets, any photos you see of them hanging out together they're just hanging out as friends who happened to wear lolita that day
>one girl posts to CoF saying "this is my coord for a recent meetup with so-and-so theme UwU"
>comm never had a (public) meetup with that theme and I know for a fact this girl hasn't left the area in a while
>no secret meetups my ass
If you're going to lie, fine, but at least try to fucking hide it a bit better.
>>
>>9021864
They're lying about it because people like you get pissy about lolitas being friends who just wanna hang out with each other
>>
>>9021873
I'm fine with friends hanging out together, and that's what they claim to be doing when say they don't have meetups that aren't open to the entire comm. I often wear lolita to hang out with my non-lolita friends. But why would anyone refer to hanging out with friends as a themed meetup and then claim they weren't having a meetup, just coincidentally wore lolita together~? Pick one and stick to it.
>>
>>9021897
It's probably just out of habit they call it a meetup
>>
>>9021864
Why should they hide when they hang out? They can plan to chill without having to invite 400+ ppl to their thing.
>>
>>9021897
Why do people even care about this shit? They shouldn't have to hide anything, let them call it what they want. Unless it was a public comm event you should really butt out and let them have their fun. Maybe if you weren't such an entitled cunt it wouldn't be a problem seeing other people have fun without you.
>>
>>9021816
Are you the person that came here just to contribute nothing but pig noise onomatopoeia? Cuuuz I totally agree with those deletions
>>
>>9021864
yeah how dare friends have fun together
maybe if you weren't such a salty person people would want to hang out with you more with out it being forced through meets
>>
File: B2xTM3sCAAALKNB.jpg (38 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
B2xTM3sCAAALKNB.jpg
38 KB, 470x353
>>9021606
I really hope we get a ridiculous dolphin purse with this.
>>
>>9021860
>CTO though
>>
>>9021945
P*

it's still shit.
>>
>>9021864
Saying this as someone who knows what it's like to feel excluded: Sometimes people just want to hang out with people they know a bit better than other members in the comm. How would it feel to want to hang out with friends that made you feel good but your entire comm demanded that if more than three of you hung out in lolita, it had to be declared a meet?
That's tiresome.
>>
>>9021864
Considering the timing, Dutch comm? I'm fine with private meets but I hate that so many girls are completely in denial about our how our comm is divided.
>>
>>9021958
seconding this, i feel excluded and i get salty about it alone sometimes but yeah
>>
>>9021034
DEAD
>>
>>9021641

The print/pattern looks a lot more like Fantastic Dolly to me,but the colors are fitting for Cinema Doll...perhaps a sort of love child series?
>>
The thing is in my comm most of the girls get along and are friends but there a few cliques with some pushy people who only look out for each other. So you'll have lolita A make a meet to a museum, then lolita B complains it's not near her, lolita C complains there is no vegan option and suddenly all of their besties are pushing to change the meet to fit their friends wishes. So despite all of us liking each other and getting along with only a couple of annoying people it's really dividing our comm because they don't realize they're being selfish.
>>
>>9020448
Kek
>>
>>9021864
cuz it wasnt a secret meetup??
it was a friends only meetup?????
>>
>>9021964
I mean it's pretty much going to be like any other comm meet, you're really not missing out on anything, you just think you are. And when you do that you give it power over you, so don't sweat it.
>>
>>9021981
Fantastic Cinema Dolly
how rad would that be
>>
>>9021817
I thought the same thing. I've never really liked baby's cuts, and now ap is looking the same... booo
>>
>>9021986
I'm sorry, but I'm of the opinion that if vegans are going to make a big deal about their diet, they should just bring their own lunch. Why does everyone else have to accomadate one person's diet restrictions? It's so rude to expect everyone else to change the meetup location because there aren't any ~vegan options~

jfc, I'm vegetarian but I would feel like such an ass demanding special treatment from everyone because of it.
>>
>>9021864
unless secret meet-ups are ruining the comms dynamic and there's no meets anymore or you're being forced to chill with itas I don't see what the problem is. Are the people who went to the meetup all friends? Because then it was likely just friends hanging out. Like I said unless it's ruining the dynamic of the comm I don't see why you're so salty.
>>
>>9021605
>top hats on a cinema doll like print
i don't mind top hats but... why
>>
>>9021986
>people complaining that a place isn't near them

wtf I thought part of the idea of meetups was going to new places and whatnot. there's so many people in my comm (myself included) that have to travel a bit to get to meets, if we all complained about moving locations we'd never have meets at all. If I think a location is too far I just say I'm not going, I don't demand it to be moved. I hate people who have to demand meets cater to them strictly. It's one thing if someone asks gently to be accommodated but another thing if people keep getting meets changed and cancelled because it doesn't accommodate them completely every time
>>
>>9021606
Hey, what's that black thing?
>>
>>9022278
The one at the bottom row? Looks like the Harlequinade OP (I believe that's what this print is called) in the black colorway.
>>
>>9022180
Two girls from another comm are the worst about it. And they both have cars and are atleast 8 years older than the average age. Just because your own comm sucks doesn't mean you should get to decide so much for us, we have our own comm members to accommodate.

I like both of them and they're nice and not bad company at all but they're being ridiculous and their friends should stop pushing for special treatment.
>>
>>9021864

I had a girl do this to me recently, she went to a "casual get-together" and lied to my face about what she was doing that day when I asked her if she wanted to hang out. That night she was posting photos of her coordinate and meet snaps and tagging them with #meetup and shit. I get that they're friends outside of lolita and dress up whenever they get together, but keeping it SO HUSH HUSH that they lie to people's faces about what they're doing instead of admitting that they're going to go hang out in Lolita seems super pointlessly rude and exclusionary.
>>
>>9022309
Maybe they don't like you
>>
I was reading some Japanese lolitas comments on 2channel, and found it funny how similar we are. They got onto the topic of wigs in lolita, and it sounded exactly like us:
>This isn't cosplay, so just work hard on your natural hair.
>But I have very short hair, so even if I work hard on my natural hair, it isn't very lolita is it? Wigs are very convenient.
>If that's the case, then make sure it's a high quality wig, if it doesn't look cosplay-ish then it should be fine.
Should I translate a few other comments they make on various subjects? It's quite interesting to read.
>>
>>9022350
link to threads? and dates for these comments?

new translations would be great too, thanks
>>
Has anyone ever had a package held by Italian customs? I bought a necklace from LM and she sent it out on the 18th, and now since the 19th it's been labeled "Partito dal Centro Scambi Internazionale - Centro Scambi Internazionale" which I guess is like their customs office. Any idea how long it takes, if anyone's ever had experience with them?
>>
>>9020310
Right? I just sold milky cross to some girl in Mexico.
>>
>>9020372
>It's fucking terrible though
Guess what. That's still your opinion.
>>
>>9020463
When tho?
I've seen this scan already and those runway pictures were like ages ago.
Fucking when.
>>
>>9020523
They said they were trying, can you read?
>>
>>9020288
Because 2010 sweet still isnt dead, and it was loved and popular. It's just your opinion. Most OTT Classic looks like cosplay shit and wings and crowns are tacky.
>>
>>9022404
I love OTT sweet but even I can admit this is trash.
>>
>>9022363
2013ish
http://peace.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/fashion/1368187592/
Feel free to translate some, there's some interesting conversations. I'm too tired to translate properly right now. There's so much slang thrown around. チビブス乙 is my favourite, since it's short for chibi-busu-debu-otome (short-ugly-fat-maiden)
>>
>>9022404
>2010 sweet
>not cosplay shit
>>
File: Untitled.png (959 KB, 626x836) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
959 KB, 626x836
I have a big problem and I'm panicking a bit.

I signed a lease on a new flat and then realised a few days after moving in that it has goddamn clothes moths. I haven't moved any of my possessions in but they've been feeding on the curtains, and there are pheremone traps left in the empty wardrobes. The sofas and carpets don't look to have been fed on but they're fabric so they might feed them.

The lease on my current flat doesn't expire for two weeks so I've got a bit of time to try to deal with the problem, but I'm shit scared of moving my lolita clothes over in case they end up destroyed. I've bought some mothballs and I'm thinking of buying some spray and trying to kill them off, plus taking down and hot washing the curtains. I wanted to hoover everything but I'm scared of their eggs taking up residence in the hoover. I've got a steamer as well and I'm hoping that will kill them.

Would it be better to just not move any of my lolita stuff to this place at all? The usual way you manage infestations with normal clothes is regularly washing in really hot water...not an option for most lolita. I'm really scared of it being damaged, or contaminated and passed on to anyone who buys my stuff second-hand. But it'd also be really hard for me to suddenly move it all to my parents' house, since they live hundreds of miles away and I don't have a car.
>>
>>9022458
Vacuum seal your clothes? And make sure you steam before you put them away. Keep them in there until you resolve the infestation
>>
>>9022458
Put your clothes in something sealed and put cedar around them too. Cedar is a moth deterrent.
>>
>>9022458
Just cancel the lease. Tell them about the moths and that you refuse to move in. If the threaten to take your money threaten small claims court and take pictures of all the damage. Or ask if they have other similar properties and explain your situation. I mean why would you want to even mess with any type of insect infestation In an apartment, the point of renting is so your landlord has to deal with that shit and not you. I mean just imagine if something goes wrong down the road, these people don't seem like the type to try and take care of it
>>
>>9022490
>I mean I mean
Sorry I'm incredibly tired. Your situation definitely sounds stressful though, hopefully someone has good advice
>>
>>9022458
As far as I know moths tend to go for natural fibers like wool and silk, not sure about cotton, are these the little beige india moths you're talking about? Such a fucking pain in the ass though, I would definitely complain. You can buy cedar chips to hang on your hangers as they're a natural deterrent.
>>
>>9022490
Too late for that. We already moved in and would lose deposit and rent. I'm going to complain to the landlord and agency though and demand they at least pay for whatever products I need to buy to get rid of this shit.
>>
>>9022309
If she'd just said she had previous plans would you be crying foul? It's really not any of your business what her plans are unless she chooses to divulge.
>>
>>9022458
Moth balls and store your shit in cedar, problem solved.
>>
>>9022539
Make them bring out pest control services.
>>
>>9022458
>>9022480
Seconding the cedar idea. You can buy little cedar planks that hang up in your closet & spray them with cedar oil to keep the moths away.
>>
>>9022480
The cheese????
>>
>>9022568
Cedar is a type of wood. Although, from what I've read while researching it, it's nowhere near as effective as potentially-carcinogenic chemicals so I'd be pretty tempted to go for the nuclear option instead if you want them gone rather than just under control.
>>
>>9022580
Oh oops, I'm an idiot
>>
>>9020488
You may think ugly feelings don't show through, but you'd be surprised what people can pick up on. Did it ever occur to you she's not liked for being "cool, pretty, or rich" because she has some depth to her and might be a really fun and enjoyable person to be around?
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 633x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 633x853
I need to know what in the fuck is happening with this petticoat to make the cut look this way. How the fuck did she make it look like a sac dress?
>>
>>9022912
>>9022912
usually this happens when your boobs are too big and is only sitting on the top half of the waist area, makes the fabric hang off your tits and you look like a sac because it doesn't fall onto the waist
>>
>>9022934
But it also looks like she has her petti pulled right up to under her tits. shouldn't she get a bra that does a better job at lifting? I have a larger chest and I've never had this issue.
>>
>>9021986

Oh this is my comm. Except get this, Queen Bee who always gets her way isn't even a part of the official comm. So the event will get changed on the comm members because of this input.

It's bizarre.
>>
>>9022912
I'm more concerned about that disgusting room
>>
>>9022912
>that messy room
>>
>>9022393
... do you live in Italy? no? then why the fuck would Italian customs have it
gtranslate says 'Party by the International Trade Centre', which probably means it's stuck in their outbound intl mail centre

>>9022568
>>9022608
that's cheddar you walnut

>>9022941
nah the dress just doesn't fit her
>>
>>9023084
If she found a better bra that didn't have her tits hanging so low it'd probably fit better.
>>
>>9022168
Not who your replying to although I think they're in my comm, but that is exactly what's happening. Aside from maybe one or two nice meetups a year our comm doesn't have good public meets anymore. We have a few itas and annoying people that everyone is too pussy to deal with. I've seen girls click "going" and then back out with some dumb excuse when one of the annoying people was also going. So instead they have private meetups that they then deny ever happened, and leave everyone who isn't in their clique to deal with the itas. I mostly just hang out with my own friends but I feel so bad for the newbies who join our comm and only see ita weebs because everything else is kept secret.
>>
>>9023091
still a fit issue but yeah, minimiser would help that dress out a lot
>>
>>9022941

Fabric's not clingwrap, anon. The skirt is falling off her boobs and onto her normally-placed petti, like a waterfall over a cliff. The top part of the skirt is probably going over a hollow area.
>>
>>9022422
Sadly as a fan of OTT sweet, this one is also not quite my taste, but I appreciate APs throwback amongst all the chiffon overlay crosses this year.

>>9022447
OTT sweet looks like just Harajuku Fashion, while OTT classic looks like grown up women playing dress up and princess. That is much more age-playish lol
>>
>>9023226
>OTT sweet
>not most age-playish
gurl
>>
>>9023226
Do you even know what ageplay is
>>
>>9023226
Who the fuck cares. It's eccentric compared to what everyone else wears. Go out looking like you rolled in a candy store or go out looking like you rolled in an antique store. Do what you like and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>9020096
What dress was that, anon? You can spot a specific replica by exact details, there was a thread about it
>>
I'm traveling to Europe in a couple of weeks. Any good Lolita stores I should check out?
>>
>>9021606
It has dolphins on it, omg it has dolphins on it. It haS DOLPHINS ON IT TAKE MY MONEY
>>
>>9023252
paris has baby and soon ap. the netherlands has summer tales in houten. I believe there's also a shop in spain barcelona
>>
>>9023349
Why did the first AP Paris store close in the first place?
>>
>>9023366
It was more like a reseller with a tiny AP corner. I heard the location was horrible
>>
>>9023378
the location was close to Baby store,
to get into the ap corner though you had to go to the boddywood store, with lots of j fashion clothes etc. then the manager would put a "closed" sign on the window and take you through a back door to the cortyard of the house, up to a small apartment studio room that was pink and full of AP. they would watch you as you tried on stuff or looked around. then go down with you again.

also, the store was often not open when it said it would be open, once i waited outside for 2 hours but it never opened. other times it opened 15 min later than stated etc.
>>
Can I get some suggestions for red strawberry themed headwear that will arrive in the US within 3 weeks?

my original head piece broke so i'm desperate to replace it before my event.
>>
Is it a no-no to sell internationally to someone who has no feedback and a seemingly random lacemarket name?

I desperately need money right now, and I got a message from this buyer who's asking for a shipping quote to AU but they have no feedback, picture, or anything...
>>
>>9023504
Use tracked shipping and everything should be good
>>
>>9022393
>>9023084
That means it's already left their outbound mail centre, actually
>>
Does anyone have any tips on "reviving" tired fabric? I got Merry Sweet Castle super cheap, and it doesn't have any flaws except the fabric is kind of sad looking...
>>
>>9023648
You that "used" feeling? The only thing I can think of is redying
>>
Who wants a Cinema Doll JSK set in lavender for $800?

http://www.lacemarket.us/cinema-doll-jsk-set-lavender/
>>
>>9023648
You can use liquid fabric stiffener like stiffy
>>
>>9023960
why would I put cum on my dress?
>>
>>9023920
If the Canadian dollar wasn't garbage, maybe. Maybe... As it is, I'll wait for the rerelease.
>>
Would it be rude to try to lowball someone selling an unpopular dress? Its clear they've been trying to get rid of it for a while, they're already offering free shipping and a gift and around retail, but I'm not sure I'll like the dress and my currency is crappy enough that I'm second guessing every purchase I make right now.
>>
Hey so there is a skirt I want to buy on the disney japan store and ive never bought anything through them. Is there a good website service to use?
>>
>>9022166
i'm a super picky vegetarian and i always eat before i go to anything just in case there isn't anything on the menu that i like or can eat. i think that if you've got specific dietary requirements it's just polite to sort yourself out beforehand just in case, as if anyone is so entitled that they expect everyone to organize things around them wow.
>>
>>9023988
lurk more newfag
>>
>>9023993
thanks i'll check out their website. you have been most helpful. Ill be sure to pick you up something in my haul as a thank you present
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 253x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 253x320
>>9023996
Careful now, I think your levels of sodium might be dangerously high
>>
File: tumblr_mmehgofDHj1rvzjc8o1_500.jpg (196 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmehgofDHj1rvzjc8o1_500.jpg
196 KB, 500x477
>Glass Forest moves to Y!Auctions
Farewell, insanely cheap brand. Welcome, cruel bidding wars.
>>
>>9023987
>lowball
Yes
Offering a price is not rude though. I never ask for half their price, give myself wiggle room to shoot for the mid point between my lower number and their target price. If you don't think it's worth half, then just continue to bide your time, it's better than outright insulting someone you might really want to buy from later.
If they have seemingly no interest or don't respond, I will contact them one additional time two to three weeks after my initial post reminding them that I am willing to work with them, to wish them luck, and let them know very clearly that I will not bother them anymore but will be available if they choose the sell for lower.
I'm no mogul, but I have gotten some pretty sweet deals lately.
>>
>>9023486
go get some strawberries and glue them to your wig
>>
>>9023486
I can make something, I do custom hats headdresses and corsages and don't have much on my docket right now. Drop and email address and I'll contact you about it.
>>
>>9023393
Opening times like that are typical in Paris though, especially for small time, one person operatins. Lots of places just close for a bit of the owner has no one to watch while they get lunch, take a nap, ect.
>>
>>9023960
Do you have any experience using it?
>>
>>9024095
Okay, I wasn't necessarily going to ask that low but thank you, I'll keep that in mind maybe going forward with the deal. Thanks anon.
>>
So uh.. Holy Lantern Special Set.
Anyone got any coord pics saved?
Any idea how to not look pregnant?
Layer petticoats to the sky?
Send help
>>
>>9024202
Cinch the waist with a belt or ribbon. Sack dresses look awful on people with thicker limbs.

>>9024216
Small waist + thicker hips = you look fat even if you're not. There's a reason people should dress to their shape.
>>
>>9024222
I guess I'm not used to something so high waisted. It looks great on me with no petticoat but when I put one on I look pregnant.
Was just wondering if there was a good way to stop that without having to wear a belt.
>>
>>9024225
But if you wear that dress since its high waisted it hides thick hips? Are you daft?

>>9024226
Sounds like an issue with your petticoat. Don't worry, you aren't fat at that weight.
>>
>>9024227
Maybe I'm just putting too much poof in when in reality it'll probably look a lot better with a daily A-line...
Every coord I see has them poofing that shit up though, so that's why I asked.
>>
>>9024202
Do you anything bigger than an A cup? Move the straps to the longer position. Moving the waist down slightly helped a lot for me.
>>
>>9024239
Oh! I didn't even know it could do that (It just arrived)
I'm an A cup so that should help a lot! Thanks
>>
>>9021606
You goddamn kids and your vaporwave!
>>
>>9024222
>tfw you're 130lbs and 5'3".
>fuck.
>>
>>9024268
Lost it. Thanks
>>
>>9024216
>>9024222
>>9024280
ana-chans pls leave
like >>9024227 said, it's about your frame and petticoat, there are ways to work around it that don't involve being a spooky salty skeleton
>>
File: tumblr_o7tmv2Gzmn1sd87t7o1_540.jpg (164 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7tmv2Gzmn1sd87t7o1_540.jpg
164 KB, 540x720
So I guess metas clued into the fact that their traditional nippon themed dresses sell well
>>
>>9024333
>meta is producing more wa Lolita trash

not even surprised.
>>
>>9024202
Tbqh high waist JSKs make anyone over 5'3" look pregnant. My condolences.
>>
>>9024079
Damn it, why is this happening.
>>
>>9024371
>>9024079

Wasn't Glass Forest always on yja? I only found them through the auction site, only realised it was a store when I read closely and found their actual webstore later on.
>>
>>9024336

If it makes them money then why not.
But in my opinion Metas wa stuff is really pretty, not something I would wear but nice. Leagues better than 99% of the "at home" attempts of wa
>>
>>9024291
I was being sarcastic! Don't worry I'm not going to starve myself to death over fucking holy lantern, haha.
>>
>>9024333
I live for Meta. I'm not sure I could pull off wa myself, but I think thier recent designs for it have really made that style feasible.
I also love that they've made them with kimono fabric too, makes me want one even if I never end up wearing it.
>>
File: tumblr_o7gf9s0tmx1vtmi5mo1_540.jpg (103 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7gf9s0tmx1vtmi5mo1_540.jpg
103 KB, 540x764
I saw peachie reblog this. What do ya'll seagulls think ?
Obviously lolita isn't linked to DDLG shit but we often get mixed up in it all unfortunately.

Personally I dont think its that great, as long as two consenting adults are having this relationship. Do whatever the fuck you want in the bedroom. Of course don't actually molest children/help the irl cp industry. And keep that shit private so you dont attract the wrong meaning to lolita.

>not even into this shit
>is this kink shaming
>is tumblr getting the best of me
>>
>>9024413
Who is this even aiming at? Pedophiles who dress cute?? Wha??
>also using uzumaki fishcakes as ~~kawaii~~ emoji stamp
>>
File: tumblr_o74vt6gMZJ1vtmi5mo1_1280.jpg (147 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o74vt6gMZJ1vtmi5mo1_1280.jpg
147 KB, 1280x1280
>>9024421
I'm pretty sure its aimed to dd/lg people. She also reblogged this one. If you dont know, ddlg stands for daddy dom little girl I think. I honestly didn't even know this shit existed until I was into lolita, since the two seem to collide so much. Also I have kink blogs reblog my stuff which is uncomfortable desu.
>>
>>9024413
>>9024425
As long as it gets ddlg scum's cummy panties in a twist I'm all for it. Kink shaming my ass. It's disgusting, and if you're going to bring it out into the public you deserve to be told it's disgusting. My friends and I have also had our pictures reblogged to ageplay and sissy blogs and of course tumblr doesn't give a fuck.
>>
If anyone needs a blast from the ita past, La Carmina is selling a load of her stuff from her ~fantastic wardrobe~. It's all so overpriced too, she's so out of touch
>>
>>9024448

Lace market or facebook sales? Curious to see the pieces and prices
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.