[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita at Disney World thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_m4qmcsAH3q1qcr2i8o1_500.jpg (115 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4qmcsAH3q1qcr2i8o1_500.jpg
115 KB, 500x667
Any of you gulls ever worn lolita to Disney World/Land/other parks? Any tips, stories, coordinates, etc.? I'm going in about two weeks and need coordinate inspiration.
>>
I plan on going to wdw in lolita a lot since I start working there in august, the tips ive been told for making it work are basically

>dont dress up like one of the princesses
>dont use the same colors as the princesses
>dont let people take pictures of you
>try to wear mickey ears with your coord to show youre a visitor not an actor
>generally do not draw attention to yourself more than it already will be
>>
Honestly, you are picking a bad time to go in lolita. It is already pretty hot here.

For comfort: wear flat shoes, natural hair, as light of a blouse & petticoat as possible, and maybe bring ankle socks to change into.

To not get kicked out: Don't take pictures with guests, and dont cosplay. You can wear themed prints etc, just dont show up with a lavender dress and rapunzel styled wig and you'll be fine.

If you plan to ride things: make sure hair accessories are pinned down well or easily removable. Don't wear a wig because it might come off and it will be hot anyway. If you are insistant about a wig, safety pin your hair items in it.

Lastly, many castmembers are aware of what lolita is, and are lolitas themselves. If they call you princess it is because they will call anyone wearing a fancy dress that, not because they need to be schooled.
>>
>>8988765
I work at wdw and see a lot of Lolitas. Basically just don't draw too much attention to yourself and you're golden. Castmembers generally like seeing it too.

It's getting go be really hot and humid though, so if you're really thinking of going make sure you know what you want to do.
>>
File: tumblr_nkb7lc7odZ1sksziwo2_1280.jpg (431 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkb7lc7odZ1sksziwo2_1280.jpg
431 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>8988765
If youre not a florida native, I just want you to know it is going to be asshole hot. You will sweat. Just be aware of this because Im sure you dont want to look like a hot (literally) mess.

The only time suitable to go in lolita is like late Jan/Early Feb. That's about the only time of year its consistently cooler, unless you get lucky on a random day.
>>
>>8989279
My plan was to just wear it during the evening hours and not wear a wig/thin blouse/ankle socks/etc, would that still be okay? I'm pretty heat-tolerant.
>>
>>8989513
It'll still be balls-hot and evening or not the humidity will kill you
>>
>>8989279
Autumn is also a good timeframe.
>>
>>8989513
Its definitely more manageable once the sun goes down (about 8pm) but like anon said >>8989530
it will still be pretty humid.

I'd say go for it. I went to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs in lolita with a couple of friends recently and we went during the evening. It really wasnt that bad as long as you arent wearing it for a long period of time. It would be great to go to Cinderella/Belle's castle dinner in (thought I dont know how late that runs)
>>
I would like to wear lolita if I get to go to Disney World, but I would be to worried about getting my dress dirty or ruined while on a ride.
Do the girls who were brand dresses to disney even go on any rides or just walk around taking pictures? If I ever decide to go to disney should I just buy a taobao or offbrand dress to wear?
>>
>>8990546

I went in brand dresses on most rides (including roller coasters) and they didn't get dirty, it was pastel so I would have noticed.

Disney is pretty serious about keeping things clean and in shape
>>
File: bqwdwlolita.jpg (112 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
bqwdwlolita.jpg
112 KB, 702x1024
Self posting. Apologies for the atrocious photo quality. I've worn Lolita to WDW twice! Once to one of the Halloween parties and once just for fun. It was a blast! The anons are correct about the fact that it can get uncomfortably hot and humid though. I was lucky on the days I picked because for MNSSHP it was after dark and the other day was in December. Neither one was super bad.

If you're going in the middle of the summer make sure to take frequent breaks and stay hydrated! Heat related troubles can sneak up on you quickly.

Regarding cleanliness- I never had a problem with getting stains or marks or dirt on the stuff I wore. As previously mentioned, the cast members are super on top of wiping things down. Make sure to look before you sit though- The custodians are great, but sometimes they might miss a melted piece of Mickey Bar chocolate.

As far as stories: I have been to WDW quite a few times, but one of the most magical days I spent was when I wore lolita there! I got to meet several characters, and they all commented on the outfit and seemed very excited to play up our interaction, which was really fun! I felt like Alice in Wonderland or something. The poof and the frills and the whole nine yards was totally awesome and made me enjoy the park in an entirely new and different way. I even had some kids ask me if I was a princess! It was definitely a conversation starter! Overall I'd say it's a total blast to hit up a Disney Park in lolita. For me it was definitely a magical experience! Also make sure to ride the carousel at some point while you're dressed up. I loved it!
>>
>>8990613
You look cute Anon!

I'm going from about May 17-24 so it could be worse. I went a few years ago in December and I actually had to wear a sweater over my JSK and blouse, but I'm cold-natured so.

The two dresses I'm taking are both Bodyline so I'm not terribly worried if something were to happen.

Any recommendations on shoes? I've got flats that match, but they're super plain.
>>
>>8988996
>If they call you princess it is because they will call anyone wearing a fancy dress that, not because they need to be schooled.
Thank you for mentioning that. It's just policy/instinctual and I know some lolitas get butthurt over being called things like that when in a cast member's case it's not meant to offend.
>>
The way I would go about it is just think about it in a normie perspective. If you had very little to no knowledge of lolita and saw one it can either fall under quirky cute dress that your grandma would die for you to be in or very girly costume that you're not sure why a grown woman is wearing.

>>8989258
Is a good example. The one on the left falls dangerously close to costume because of the Alice theme but because she has black hair she can get away with it. The one on the right (sans headpiece) is the better one for the parks imo because it's simple, has the Snow White print so it's obvious it's merch and not a costume.

>>8990613
This one is good too because she wore a full outfit but didn't go all out with a big petti or wig (and good shoe choice btw)

>>8988765
These fall fully into costume territory. They look a lot like the lolitas that used to be kicked out of WDW (though admittedly I believe staff has become a bit more tolerant for the fashion). Pastel wigs, full poof, exaggerated accessories make them look like parade characters. You might be let in but you also might not be.

Just general tips from my experience; don't wear a petti or wear a smaller one (getting in and out of ride won't be fun), comfy over fashion especially in the shoe territory, bring a change of clothes if you get tired of the lolita or maybe want to do a water ride, if you want to do lolita for photo ops, use your fast passes for those and not rides (when I went the Princesses were fully booked out for the day and Tink was like a 2 hour wait), or time your day around photos and run to the characters you want right away/wait till closing if they're long term spots (like the bigger photo halls).
>>
I would like to add that an option to lolita is wearing kigurumi. If you're going when it's cold, obviously.
They even sell them in epcot
>>
>>8990912
Anon, I saw girls dressed just like >>8988765
in sweet and gothic coords when I went in the beginning of March. They don't match parade character designs and they never got stopped. one girl I felt bad for because my boyfriend and I kept going for the same rides she was and I hope she didn't feel like we were stalking her..
>>
>>8989279
I went at the beginning of April and it was a comfortable 78-82 degrees and chilly enough for a sweater in the morning and night. But then again, I have a high heat tolerance. I'm planning on going back in July, I'm going to bake, but it's the only time I'm able to get away from work for a week.

I didn't wear lolita because the husband isn't too fond of being around me in it in public outside conventions and such. Plus it would've been something to worry over.
>>
I wear lolita to Disneyland often, and have never been bugged by cast members about it. I would wear a dress that you wouldn't mind if it got dirty, since it tends to get crowded and people will bump into you, give you a flat tire, and you will be going on rides. I would also recommend to wear as few layers as possible since Florida has high humidity which other anons have mentioned.
>>
>>8991145
They've definitely gotten more lax but I remember when those sorts of outfits would get you turned back. I was just warning in case you get some asshole staffer. I know it most likely won't happen anymore but you can never be too sure.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.