[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSPA Generally Dreamy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140
File: 1462245135446.jpg (579 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1462245135446.jpg
579 KB, 1000x667
Last thread: >>8974916

> Cosplay Masterpost: http://pastebin.com/ekZP1fhg
- Tutorials and links that can help with Homestuck cosplays. Refer to it if you need help. Any contributions welcome.

> Crunchy Cosplay List: http://i.imgur.com/QRRWqRn.jpg
- A list of suggested Homestuck cosplayers to follow and check out, as they have great cosplays and some also have good tutorials on their blogs.

To discuss:
> The comic may be over, but how many Homestucks do you expect to see at cons now?
> What got you into doing Homestuck cosplays?
>>
File: crunchdogg.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1339) Image search: [Google]
crunchdogg.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1339
>>9013124
>a shit ton of snoop
>>
>>9013195
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 242x208
>>9013195
>>9013200
What a good way to start the thread
>>
>>9013195
Better/10
>>
The thread after this should use this image >>9013195 and be titled "generally Snoopin'l
>>
>>9013195
I meant put in Snoop when I got home, but I fell asleep. Good to see we're on the same page.
>>
Have you guys voted on the shirt contest yet?
Those hoodies at the top are ridiculous
>>
>>9014490
You mean the Cherub and AR ones? Because. Uh. Yeah.

Pic related is the only thing I care about; I desperately need it for my Dirk cosplay.

Also I noticed someone had submitted literally just "Porrims dress" and. Hm.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 640x942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 640x942
I can't believe this keeps happening.
>>
File: wlf.png (329 KB, 352x916) Image search: [Google]
wlf.png
329 KB, 352x916
>>9014564
I'm not fond the art for that daki, not going to lie.

http://community.welovefine.com/m/contests/designs/Homestuck-Design-Contest-3/list/id-44830
and http://community.welovefine.com/m/contests/designs/Homestuck-Design-Contest-3/list/id-45044
for me. First ones artist is from the /co/ threads actually.
Though these probably wont make it since this is sorted by number of votes.
>>
>>9014577
I feel like in general, most of the tees are just better as standalone illustrations than actual tees. The "This Is Stupid" tee is the only one I think works really great for the medium, most others are as good, or better, as standalone illustrations.
>>
Alright HSG, there are 3 major cons all within 3 weeks. Who's wearing what the next few weeks. I know a good bunch of us will be at Colossal.
>>
>>9015836
i still dont know what im wearing to colossal desu. i have a few options, simple kids cosplays probably? its not as much of a 'show off cosplay con' as something like katsucon is imo. i wouldn't bring a serious cosplay except maybe for saturday.
>>
>>9015836
I'm only bringing old HS cosplays to Colossalcon but I'm tearing my hair out over how much I have left to do. Someone airmail me two of those huge drinks.
>>
>>9016280

me too, anon, me too
>>
>>9016280
A fifth of Jack is far easier with quicker results honestly.
>>
File: 20160521_212257-1.jpg (1 MB, 1836x1524) Image search: [Google]
20160521_212257-1.jpg
1 MB, 1836x1524
these have been sitting in my room for a while. sad to see them not used.

bought for 54CAD shipped, asking 44CAD shipped. tried on once or twice and put them back in the bag. canadian buyers only. reply if interested and I'll leave contact info or you can leave yours and ill reply asap!
>>
>>9016623
Literally any homestuck facebook group would be a better place to post this. If CAD, what area of Canada? Post to their stuck group. Most HSG people are American and don't want to deal with our bullshit mail costs and wait times.
>>
>>9016623
Did you buy these from that akujincos guy? I have some and they're really dark and huge.
>>
>>9017556
His new style is laughably big - you have to ask for his old style to get ones that are made for a female face. I have no idea why he changed it.
>>
>>9017731
How long has he had his new style? I think i got mine back in 2014. Also any reccs for other makers like him/good Terezi glasses?
>>
>>9017782
honestly, the best terezi glasses are still these imo. they're basically the perfect shape and look great despite having frames which technically isn't accurate. (can be found under amazon as 'vampiress costume kit' or any website probably, i'm too lazy to get a link)
>>
>>9017806
Those are the ones i've been looking for, for a while now. I couldn't ever find them back in 2014, but it's probably because HS wasn't as dead as it is now.
>>
>>9017782
These are the V1s I believe. You mightve gotten a newer version.
>>9016978
Im in BC! Yeah the closest place would probably be Vancouver, there is a local cosplay group but there is only around 100 people I believe. I'll try that as well thanks!!
>>
>>9018250
Only 100? Holy shit I hoped you guys would be similar to Toronto, but the facebook group is still hovering around 400- though i'm only expecting 150-200 to actually show up to the Saturday shoot at AN this weekend.
Can't blame them. It's our only big con, and if I had other fandoms and no other cons, i'd likely be wearing something else too.
>>
>>9018623
Well I don't live in Vancouver. Quite a few hours away.
>>
>>9017806
Are those just like, glasses meant for a Halloween costume or something then?
>>
If your orange is that close to your skin colour then maybe go with a different orange...
>>
I feel like I don't see this kinda gradient done all that often, I kinda like it?
>>
>>
Did anyone see this person at ACEN? Looking at their pictures it doesn't seem entirely improbable that it's actual scleras and not shoop.
>>
>>9021691
Different anon, but yeah they are, but they're pretty decent for Terezi. I have a pair that i got just today (they were very cheap) and they're made pretty well.

Like Akujin's frames are flimsy as shit but the ones on the Vampiress ones are pretty solid. My only complaint is that they are angled downwards, and i'm not quite sure how to fix that. (any suggestions, i can post pics)
>>
Lactoria is still at it, huh.
http://cosplaykinky.tumblr.com/post/144280606794/i-feel-the-magic-in-your-caress-i-feel-magic-when

>>9022120
On that topic, I've a pair of sollux glasses from Akujin but... I'm not too fond of them. They look really plastic and the blue and red are super uneven. Anyone got any better suggestions or should I just scavenge eBay?
I honestly don't mind the look of the frame.
>>
I still really like this Dualscar, just wish they'd get some better photos.
>>
>>9022130
Another sacrifice for the shitty beard gods.

>>9022127
On another note here's a tutorial for them here that don't look god-awful; http://sweetartsandhellacrafts.tumblr.com/post/24234268136/my-long-overdue-sollux-glasses-tutorial

I remember there being another store(envy?) that was like akujins, they had glasses and what not but were just beginning, does anyone else remember them or am i imagining things?
>>
File: tumblr_o6trwmpA041tl6j1to1_540.jpg (123 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6trwmpA041tl6j1to1_540.jpg
123 KB, 540x810
>>9022139
Yeah, not really what I'm looking for. I guess I'd like something more along the effect of a pair of coloured sunglasses so it's probably ebay or bust.
>>
>>
>>9022159
How do you do YOUR dirkjake?
>>
>>9022169
I don't, because I have taste.
>>
And to finish I just had to share this utterly baffling Dave wig.
>>
>>9022149

You could get two tinted pairs from someplace cheap like zenni and cobble them together
>>
>>9022104
It's not anything particularly special, but I commend this cosplayer for her very clean job on Feferi. Wig, horns, makeup - even the pink stripe on the skirt looks neatly-applied.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 588x881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 588x881
>>9022808
I think that's the general problem with most Feferis; too many details and rarely all of them clean.

Her Condy's neat too.
>>
>>9022074
That kind of gradient may be nice but these horns are still god awful.
>>
>>9022074
I like the gradient but there is so much WTF going on here. Even ignoring how lumpy they are, why did they add a fourth lemon-y color to the top?
>>
>>9022139
That's not the worst beard I've seen by any means, but I'm curious now. Does anyone have an example of well-executed facial hair or a tutorial worth reading?
>>
>>9023922
It's a shit method but I've had some moderate success mixing hairspray with eyeshadow and stippling it onto my face to create a 5-o-clock-shadow. I need to perfect it (namely get it to stay wet until I get it onto my face and keep it wet until I've an even result) but it gives a really nice, subtle texture. But on the other hand it's goddamn hairspray on my face. Also it fucks up the eyeshadow forever, yo.

If you already got some peach fuzz you can use a fiber mascara. In general, though, you'll want wool/real hair crepe or a proper lace piece for anything more than some shadow and faint texture.
>>
>>9014490
Mate, I entered. Got 1 star ratings coming out of my ears (fair enough, like, there are better entries) so I went and sent off one of my designs to get printed custom. Came out pretty nice, actually - looks a lot better than the print of the welovefine tee my bf got and doesn't have to come from the states with that high bloody shipping.

At least they seem to have the designs on randomise now rather than have designs with the most rankings at at the top of the list. Too little too late though for the proles - anyone below about 500 ratings tends to have a pretty mixed bag of ratings that won't be able to stand up to the overwhelmingly 5 star rated ones above 500.

I agree with >>9014592 as well - loads of really pretty and well-made illustrations that aren't really t shirt material in the running. http://community.welovefine.com/m/contests/designs/Homestuck-Design-Contest-3/list/id-43981 is an example of this - gorgeous drawing that I have zero desire to wear on a shirt. I dunno, I'm probably just bitter, but I did get a shirt out of it.
>>
alright HSG, name a silly and superfluous AU you'd TOTALLY do (or totally wouldn't but that came to mind and seems hilarious or hilaribad)!

I'd be so down for cheerleaders and varsitt jackets but I can't dance for shit so no thanks. A Meulin or Roxy in personalized cheer gear would be adorable, though.
>>
>>9026664
NGEstuck. I love plug suits.
>>
>>9026664
SpaceJamStuck

hands down, no questions asked
>>
File: Jack_Noirglish.gif (445 KB, 1332x1390) Image search: [Google]
Jack_Noirglish.gif
445 KB, 1332x1390
So I'm making a Jack English cosplay, and I was wondering on what would be the best plan for going about his peg-leg thing..
I'm having less trouble going about MAKING it so much as ATTACHING it without it looks like shit.
>>
>>9026916
How are you doing your legs? Stockings? If so try and attach it to them and hide anything with plenty of blood and gore.
>>
>>9026927
I planned to do full black zentai suit probably

http://www.amazon.com/SecondSkin-Full-Spandex-Lycra-Alien/dp/B00BL7N5US?ie=UTF8&colid=3LMS9Z9LKP6VT&coliid=I3O76PGHD17Z1A&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_vp

I'm more so wondering if I should do something like make it kind of larger and fit my leg into it, or make it thinner and only put it on the front..?
>>
>>9026916
Completely unrelated but the thing that interests me most about this picture is the fact that the parking citation is 10,000 Dersian Dollars. What the fuck kind of economy or currency exchange does Derse have to justify that cost? Is it like USD and just outrageously expensive? Is it like JPY and you effectively ignore the last two zeroes in conversion? Is it like CAD and just boned in comparison to the going rate for Prospit's currency?

Money, man.
>>
>>9026939
Or Derse is just kinda facist about illegal parking.
>>
>>9026960
Derse is probably just kind of fascist about a lot of shit but I still wonder.
>>
>>9026936
Ah, okay, now i get you. I think your decision may depend on how big your legs are, if they're pretty skinny/normal then go a bit bigger, in pictures the spire/peg leg seems to be about the same size/bigger (like in your first pic) than his leg.

>>9026939
>>9026960
>>9026968
lol'd
>>
>>9026708
I would want to see this.
>>
Does no one cosplay HS anymore? This thread has been pretty dead. I'd try to do a dump, but I've been pretty busy for the past week.
>>
>>9030760
I slept 12 hours last night having returned from my country's biggest con.... we're not dead, we're fucking exhausted.

About 200 homestucks showed up to the Saturday shoot at Anime North this past weekend. It was nice, aside from being a little messy, everyone was well behaved. I'll post pictures when i'm not laying in bed on my phone regretting walking and yelling so much.
>>
>>9030760
i've got some homestuck on my plans still. i'll cosplay lil hal even if it's the death of me.
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 616x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 616x800
>>9022056
Dear god..
>>
>>9026735
Alright but HOW.
>>
>>9030760
Somehow I get the feeling that in the fall we're going to have to revamp the list since most people on it seemed to have stopped making new Homestuck cosplays.
>>
>>9031038
I could do a review in a few weeks once the (american) heavy con season is over and people have had the time to get their photos up? All the past years I've done some sort of mid-year thing so, y'know.

Writing this post was surprisingly hard because do you ever look at how weird the HSCos community actually is? Especially these boards. How is the list still a thing. How am I still a trip in these threads. Life is weird.
>>
>>9031081
True. I feel like the days where a list was actually useful are long gone. Now it's just a useless tradition, although a fun one at that imo.
>>
>>9031120
>>9031081
I still think we need to change the list's structure. There just aren't enough decent HS cosplayers anymore to break it down the way we used to.
>>
>>9031453
You mean criteria right, not structure? 3 groups still seems fine to me as long as you lift the quantity restriction.
>>
File: Anime North 2016.jpg (2 MB, 3127x600) Image search: [Google]
Anime North 2016.jpg
2 MB, 3127x600
>>9030772
alright, time for my post AN Torontostuck babble now that I'm rested and have lots of tea in me.

They left a mess after the Saturday shoot and the Saturday night draw meet, but when I told them they were all fucking grounded the next afternoon they were apologetic and made sure the place was spotless, so there's that.

There was a surprising amount of decent cosplays from them this year? I was kind of impressed- they're usually 99% lack luster. Good kids, but god half of them need cosplay help...

We had little CAH meets every night at the main hotel, a fancy dinner at a buffet Saturday evening. All of it went very well! Everyone was super sweet to each other, a few Quebec kids came down and made loads of friends.

Someone took lots of cute closeup photos during the shoots, so if anyone's interested in little stories and shit, I can post a few of those?
>>
>>9030760
Hasn't the con season just started though? At the very least summer hasn't even begun. I do wonder sometimes if HS would truly die. Though...

>>9031991
According to this post it looks like there's still a lot. Plus the comic did end, I imagine the ones who still truly stuck with it (no pun intended) were excited to still cosplay it. Let's hear what stories you've got. Also, I think at least one or two nights I would just see a group of Homestucks sitting around in that lobby so I would assume that's when you all played CAH or something.
>>
File: AN dinner.jpg (632 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
AN dinner.jpg
632 KB, 550x733
>>9032048
Yep that was us! We ordered pizza and played CAH thursday and Friday, then Saturday was the drawmeet and another huge game of CAH.

It's not a proper meet up if Homestucks aren't told they're a fire hazard, so even though we weren't blocking anyone or any doorways, some AN staff saturday night fussed at us for being too many in a corner.

Here's a few photos from the dinner at Tuckers Market. We'd called ahead and made a reservation for 25, but they'd written down 15. So when we showed up with 20 people apologizing, they started apologizing right back for not having space for us to all sit together.
A few people just went elsewhere instead, but the rest of us had a pretty good time!
>>
File: Anime North 2016 story 1 and 2 .png (563 KB, 550x732) Image search: [Google]
Anime North 2016 story 1 and 2 .png
563 KB, 550x732
>>9032048
We had an ittybitty roxy show up sunday! she was adorable and there with her mom. Very cute.

This Dammek told me their woes of being asked if they were a fantroll all weekend. I'm dreading that happening to me this weekend at Colossal.
>>
File: AN 2016 story 2 and 3.jpg (507 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
AN 2016 story 2 and 3.jpg
507 KB, 550x733
>>9032048
Everyone was dabbing all weekend? I guess this is the new meme. A friend told me it was a huge thing at Momo as well, so I'm glad its just not weird Canadians doing it.
Can't find a picture but there was a moment when during the strilalondes shoot, all the daves dabbed the same way and all the dirks, roses and roxys were standing normal. Made me laugh.

We had a Guy Fieri come to the sunday photoshoot. One of the Sollux's was so excited, they tripped and ate shit on the pavement trying to run to him as fast as they could.
>>
File: tumblr_mrrdpxH6Md1qim4fgo1_1280.jpg (136 KB, 642x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrrdpxH6Md1qim4fgo1_1280.jpg
136 KB, 642x960
>>9026916
The only notable person I can think of that's cosplayed him before would be Hanari but I think she just had it as a separate piece and put her leg into some kind of sock.
>>
File: an 2016 E&A.jpg (217 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
an 2016 E&A.jpg
217 KB, 600x400
>>9032048
So I know i've spoken about it before, but we have a young autistic kid who frequently comes out to meets- their mom usually hangs out too, makes sure to be there when the kid has had enough socialization and needs a rest. That kid is the Jane on the right, and has improved a whole bunch with their cosplays in the last few months. They've told me before that Torontostuck is pretty much the only thing that gets them out of the house, and their only offline friend group.

The kid on the left, 2 years ago was a bit of trouble. A typical bucketstuck, loud, kind of obnoxious, no boundaries and all that. This kid has done almost a complete turnaround and is super helpful with younger members now. Theyre also pretty young, 16 I think?

But yeah, seeing this photo get posted to the group warmed my heart a little.
>>
File: sunday AN 2016.jpg (2 MB, 1950x650) Image search: [Google]
sunday AN 2016.jpg
2 MB, 1950x650
We had a surprising amount of people grey up for the Sunday shoot too. It was so hot all weekend, I decided not to even cosplay come sunday. I love myself at least a little.
>>
>>9030760
im planning on going as god-tier mituna next con i go to. i dont know when thatll be from now
>>
Oh torontostuck anon, I really want to say hi to your crew sometime.
>>
>>9032088
>No paint
>Sweatshirt several sizes too big
>Whythis.jpg
>>
>>9032338 #
If you get the chance, go for it. They'll be happy for another friend. Even if you're just in town for a few days, they're always looking for an excuse to meet up.

>>9032359
Ehh the kid's young, and it was a hot weekend so I don't blame them not wanting to sweat off paint.
A lot of them were running back to their hotels right after the shoot to change out of cosplay (the dinner was only 3ish hours after the shoot and the only one still grey is from Oklahoma). We're just not used to 32C in May- this weekend was brutal on us.
>>
>>9032403
>>9032148
Sounds like your group had some fun times, so that's good.

What's the plan for your community for the foreseeable future? Still holding meets, picnics, potlucks, and so on?
>>
File: torontostuck main page.png (941 KB, 800x966) Image search: [Google]
torontostuck main page.png
941 KB, 800x966
>>9032407
Everyone seems to have had a blast this weekend despite the heat

Next week one of the younger members has a meet planned for Niagara falls comic con, but we'll be having the Annual Torontostuck Picnic sometime mid July, likely a beachstuck meet in august, and FanExpo is 4 days of us sitting outside the con because 130$ for bullshit, no thanks, the first weekend of September. We're not going anywhere (:
>>
File: werwer.jpg (64 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
werwer.jpg
64 KB, 960x720
>>9032128
Hey! You can see a little bit of me in this picture- I was the god tier Meulin!
>>
File: thats a weird dog.png (477 KB, 580x500) Image search: [Google]
thats a weird dog.png
477 KB, 580x500
>>9032422
okay but best homestuck cosplays at AN. lizard/10
>>
>>9033789
Oh no, that's adorable...
>>
>>9032106
>didn't just paint a crowbar red
>>
>>9033896
>didnt just buy a red crowbar
>>
>>9031991
> is that a goddamn dave with red troll horns?
>>
>>9034590
I have now played I Spy and I see no dave with red horns only a dave with a red and white flower crown (no better, I know). Is that what you thought was horns maybe?
>>
>>9031991
A lot of these look pretty good compared to most homestuck group shots I've seen but
>Jade with a grey wig
wh-what
>>
>>9022808
I know I'm replying to a week old post, but what? Are we looking at the same picture here? Probably the only thing good about this Feferi is maybe the trident... The symbol is wrong, her skirt isn't hemmed at all and you can see the fraying green fabric peeking out of the top of the pink, the pink looks like it was just glued onto the blue fabric, there's grey on her shirt, her horns aren't the right color, and her necklaces/bracelets are inaccurate, and she's missing the gold necklaces and bracelets. How is this clean? Even ignoring that her fins look like they're made of paper, her wig is completely flat, and that she's using glasses as goggles.
>>
File: giphy.gif (569 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
569 KB, 320x212
>>9035018

>glasses as goggles

goggles look stupid and make your eyes disappear, aesthetics should win over "accuracy" on that one
>>
>>9035016
She was doing a grandma harley. She was supposed to have a young Jake with her, but they couldn't take the heat and stayed in the hotel instead. ):
>>
>>9035096
There are a few people who've done goggles and made it look good, but even the shape of her glasses are off.
>>
>>9034994
same, but i was not trying too hard so maybe i missed it
>>9031081
sure if your feel like it (late response)
>>
>>9030760
I'll be doing an Eridan at Anime Midwest next month.

And I've always thought it would be cool to Calliope and Caliborn at the same time. Some sort of prosthetic cheekbones, with something that can be switched back and forth between red and green swirls. I'm nowhere near that level of skill, but it's a fun thought.
>>
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here going to Anime Expo?
>>
File: terezimaybe.jpg (173 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
terezimaybe.jpg
173 KB, 1280x960
Found these on ebay. Only thing that seems to be really inaccurate is the nosepiece but other than that could these potentially work for Terezi?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSIS-SCHWARZKOPH-SUNGLASSES-WITH-CASE-/111201839143?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
>>
>>9039583
They look so plastic...
Also the shape reminds me of what my uncle will wear as eye protection while practicing various weird sports and workshop stuff. If you can fix the nose bridge then maybe.
>>
>>9039583
I don't think they're angled up high enough for Terezi
>>
reading the con lovestories thread made me wonder how many v-cards Hussie is second hand responsible for terminating...

I know mine's one, lmao.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 640x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 640x680
I actually like this quite a bit.
>>
>>9044249
Oh wow, that's really neat! The staff is a nice twist on the usual prop.
>>
It's been a while since the last tag dump...

Here's a small one.
>>
>>9045334
>>
>>9045336
>>
>>9045338
These are probably a repost but whatever.
>>
>>9045339
>>
>>9045341
>>
>>9045342
>>
>>9045344
>>
>>9045346
>>
>>9045348
>>
>>9045349
After going through the tag, I have a question. Why the hell are there so many ask______stuck blogs with poorly made gifs and closet humanstuck cosplays? Most of these posts have 0 notes. Why is this popular when...it isn't?
>>
>>9045351
Because not everyone cosplays for notes? Nine times out of ten these are minors without income just trying to have fun.
>>
>>9045512
>minors
>not cosplaying for notes
come on anon, you should know better
>>
>>9045351
OH GAWD WHAT HAPPEND TO HER NNOSSEE
>>
>>9045525
Maybe the ones humping bad dragon dildos do it for attention, but innocuous gifs of an unpainted Meulin waving at the camera is hardly going to get Tumblr creaming itself. Sometimes kids just want to participate in a fandom or a hobby and their means are limited. What they produce is never going to be good by any means, but they're still children who want to give back.
>>
>>9045512
I didn't mean that they should cosplay for notes. The point of these ask blogs is literally follower interaction. When they make a post saying, "HomelessStuck Jade is online!" and it gets no notes or attention, that defeats the purpose of an ask blog.
>>
>>9045346
Okay but why Dave.......

Also, I'm assuming this is bellydancestuck something? Need to see some actual belly dancing/10

>>9045341
Actually like this one quite a bit.

>>9045334
Did they just... throw an open whatever over an underskirt without any actual skirt?

>>9045351
Some askblogs are actually quite popular, and a few years ago you could actually get a LOT of notes by way of gifed askblog interaction, if it was funny.
>>
>>9045338
I can honestly say I have never seen this as a prop before.

Is that like, the back of a drawer? A huge block of wood then made to resemble a fridge of some sort?
>>
>>9045878
Pretty sure they made it out of foam core or something. I thought it was hilarious and I'm sad I didn't actually find this group in person at ACEN.
>>
>>9045348
Is this a before and after? Because i think i might like the before better, if they would just diffuse the under-eye shadow a bit.
>>
>>9046919
I think so.

I don't know why, but second doesn't even look like Kanaya to me? And their beauty make up looks really weirdly proportioned too but I can't put my finger on why.
>>
>>9046949
It could be a combination of everything, honestly. The eyebrows are weird, eyeshadow isn't blended, weird double wing liner (not to mention the liner goes all the way around the eye, which just doesn't work for some people) and this could all be furthered by the use of circle lens, even though her natural eyes looks better than the lens.
>>
>>9047011
The fact that her mouth is really small and her nose pretty upwards really isn't helped by the make up either..
>>
File: Bloodswap Ancestors Acen.png (695 KB, 494x603) Image search: [Google]
Bloodswap Ancestors Acen.png
695 KB, 494x603
I'm curious what you guys think of these bloodswapped ancestors; besides the fridge group, and some from the photo shoot at acen (someone just posted an album in the tag; I'll post the ones that stand out to me), I thought they were among the most memorable cosplays from Acen.
>>
File: Femme Dualscar Acen.png (213 KB, 293x441) Image search: [Google]
Femme Dualscar Acen.png
213 KB, 293x441
>>9049215
Commencing said album dump

album is here if you want to look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35544243@N02/sets/72157666796467884/
>>
File: Davepetasprite Acen.png (222 KB, 288x434) Image search: [Google]
Davepetasprite Acen.png
222 KB, 288x434
>>9049225
>>
File: Dads Acen.png (377 KB, 511x381) Image search: [Google]
Dads Acen.png
377 KB, 511x381
>>9049229
>>
File: Cherubs Acen.png (384 KB, 333x493) Image search: [Google]
Cherubs Acen.png
384 KB, 333x493
>>9049232
>>
File: Endangered HAL Acen.png (292 KB, 329x496) Image search: [Google]
Endangered HAL Acen.png
292 KB, 329x496
>>9049233
>>
File: Trickster Condy Acen.png (308 KB, 354x535) Image search: [Google]
Trickster Condy Acen.png
308 KB, 354x535
>>9049236

(I thought making her weapon be rock candy was really clever)
>>
File: Ancestors Acen.png (480 KB, 638x387) Image search: [Google]
Ancestors Acen.png
480 KB, 638x387
>>9049237
And end dump. Link to the album again in case anyone cares to look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35544243@N02/sets/72157666796467884/
>>
>>9044295
It's really Witch of Oz-y.

>>9049215
Not BAD, but pretty uninspired designs if you ask me. Not super impressive craftmanship wise either. GHB is the most interesting but it's still just...not enough to really make me look twice.
I feel as if the ancestors are a bad choice for bloodswaps in general; there are plenty of good alpha/beta bloodswaps, but the designs are simpler and thus easier to modify. Not to mention the ancestors just. Don't have any personalities. Making Cronus teal or Kanaya purple is interesting because it contrasts with their personalities, but who actually care if the psiionic is suddenly fuschia when we know so little about his canon personality?

Also, Dualscar need to pack.

>>9049233
Callie is cute here. Her design isn't great but at least is better than Caliborn I mean holy shit.
Calliope to the left gets points for trying.

>>9049236
Would usually dismiss the concept as tryhard and edgy but seeing as AR is kinda tryhard and edgy I actually like it. Could use cleaner execution but points for doing something else than black and red body suit.

>>9049237
The rock candy is also the only good part of the costume.
>>
>>9049215
>when these are the "most memorable" hs cosplays from a big convention
take me back to 2012
>>
>>9050699
Fair enough. I wasn't around in 2012 so I'm still impressed by things like this.
>>
>>9049237
too bad the idea, along with the rest of the outfit, was so poorly executed. christ
>>
>>9049237
Interesting ideas, execution's not so great.
>>
>>9049930
>>9050739
>>9052658

In the interest of keeping discussion alive, what exactly is so bad about the execution? I'm genuinely curious. What could she have done to make it better?
>>
>>9052835
she could fix the shit wig and shit horns. better makeup -- get some glasses. better shoes (she could at least try to coordinate or color match them), and that body suit looks really low quality so fix that too. not to mention that prop barely resembles rock candy and looks more like random pieces of cardboard. so much is poorly done or missing that it looks more like a crappy jelly bean with horns instead of some badass trickster condy
>>
>>9052835
Colour scheme is terrible. Bodysuit looks thin and frumpy. Fins, horns, wig and tiara are all disproportionate to each other. Horns don't look like horns, fins don't look like fins, tiara doesn't look like jewelry, and the rock candy doesn't look like rock candy. No make up makes it look extra frumpy and not at all alien or unreal.
>>
File: MS Paint Adventures.png (134 KB, 710x998) Image search: [Google]
MS Paint Adventures.png
134 KB, 710x998
Any prop ideas for Dead Aradia? I was thinking of making floating rocks like how people do Jade's planets with the clear wire. Or even the frog head statue shes throws when we first meet her? (obviously its going to be small)

Would that be a stupid idea?
>>
>>9053821
Yeah, I think it's stupid. Small planets work for Jade because she can resize them. Aradia doesn't have that power.
>>
>>9053821
Rocks might be bland, but a frog head or statue would actually be great! Go for it.
>>
>>9053821
Doesn't she have those time thingies?
>>
>>9053933
That's Aradiabot I'm pretty sure.
>>
File: rfgveqrt3245y54.gif (159 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
rfgveqrt3245y54.gif
159 KB, 650x650
>>9053933
Not when shes dead, Godtier has the red, clear time effects and what >>9053942 said

>>9053847
Yeah i think you're right, just looking for a prop since i'm painfully bad at posing. Maybe i'll doing something with lights since she glows when she uses telekinesis/ghost shit

>>9053848
Maybe i'll make a large frog head use it for photoshoot purposes (not at meets or conventions of course)
>>
>>9053821
Rocks might be a little silly, but she does still have Telekinesis when she's dead, so I think you could definitely get away with them as a prop. It's hard because she doesn't really become that interesting of a character until she gets her emotions back (somewhat) as Aradiabot and then when she reaches God Tier and is allowed to have a personality again. I would say you could try doing something with archaeology, but she's only interested in that prior to becoming a ghost.
>>
>>9053949
Bland posing for dead Aradia is perfect though. She's dead, she has no personality. She just floats around like the ghost she is.
>>
post good doinks please
i want to cos dirk and im lookin for insp
>>
>>9054824
>good doinks
fucking lost it
>>
Some Doinks for anon, pulled straight from the tumblr search because I only had Gomugomugodhead or whoever in my folder so quality may vary.

This one's got some neat contacts.
>>
Currently one of the more popular Dirks it seems, I've seen them on my dash before.
>>
You seem like a cool dude, Sperocor, but this photoset always crack me right the fuck up.

>PARKOUR

Get yourself a prop and style your wig, dude. You could be pretty decent.
>>
Crowmunist cosplayed Dirk once two years ago, with this cockatiel wig.
>>
Basically there's more to a good Dirk wig than spiking, you usually gotta cut it too.
>>
I like the shape of these shades, even if they're too big.
>>
Two years ago, a photoset wherein this photo showed the cosplay off most clearly, got over 600 notes.

I mean it's not bad, but boy, different times.
>>
>>9055741
I think this one is my favourite out of all of them. I like the shape of his nose and the freckles fit my headcanon.
>>
I like the colour of this wig, could use some volume and movement, though.
>>
>>9055762
>obviously fake freckles
>unstyled wig
>not even the right fucking shirt
Congrats on your shit taste, anon.
>>
Same Dirk as >>9022169

Other Dirks posted upthread:
>>9022159
>>9032093
>>9049236
>>
>>9055766
Look out of the ones that had been posted, at least that one was interesting. The Dreamers are obviously the best of the set now.
>>
Remember when Spectredeflector was into Homestuck (actually let's not, those discussions always managed to turn to shit).

>>9055766
To be fair it's not really unstyled as much as just not as super anime as a lot of Dirks try to go for. Also, didn't he ever wear the grey tee? Was that just something WP did for merch?
>>
A pretty decent GT Dirk.
>>
Oh hey, another newer Dirk. Most so far has been like a year old at least.
>>
This Dirk tried, but seems to have given up once they reached the back half of the wig.
>>
Why was douchestuck ever a thing again?

He looks like he works at Buzzfeed.
>>
Something something witty commentary.
>>
More AUs.
>>
Some better freckles for you, anon.
And another shape of shades.
>>
>>9055793
With pic.
>>
Unfortunate show of glasses for Hal, but it's a far more flattering design than all these bodysuits.
>>
So what's your favourite, HSGL?
Slick anime spikes, rough swoopy spikes, fluff-swoopey-spikey, or just short and kinda styled with a small bit of spiking?
>>
Oh, and cockatiel swoop. Can't forget cockatiel swoop.
>>
Alternativeely, clean or messy dirkapitation-cuts?
>>
Is it just me or does this Dirk look like Undertale.
>>
>>9055811
For me it's a tie between cockatiel swoop and slick anime spikes, but I guess we've already established that I have shit taste.
>>
It's probably just me but Sedirktive and Rump-roast look exactly the same so I've probably posted both of them twice.
>>
>TT: Paint me like one of your blue ladies, Jake.

I probably also have shit taste because this is actually moderately funny to me.
>>
Another one for the shitty beard gods!
>>
So what kind of wig do we classify this as?
>>
>>9055822
This should be right up your alley, then.
>>
There was no sarcasm in that last post, by the way. I actually think it's a pretty neat one.
>>
>>9030760
the ending was so disappointing i dropped all my plans
>>
>>
To be fair, scenekid Dirk really isn't the worst headcanon out there.

It should probably just be left out of cosplay.
>>
>>9055844
How would you classify this wig? I like it. Whatever this is, is what I like.
>>
Alright so I've come to the point where pretty much everything is either only interesting because it's a utterly failed attempt at something else, a boring rehash of someone well known but done worse, or just someone I've already posted.

This last one's for you, HSGL.

>>9055853

Slick anime spikes
>>9055766
>>9055761

Rough swoopy spikes
>>9055823
>>9055791 (could be classed anime if cleaner)
>>9055774

Fluffy-swoopey-spikey
>>9055776
>>9055816

Short and kinda styled/spiked
>>9055741
>>9055797
>>9055832 (maybe?)

Cockatiel swoop (can also fit into some of the above categories depending on how it's done)
>>9055751
>>9055813

So I guess >>9055844 fits in somewhere between Short and kinda styled, and rough swoopy. It's shorter than most of the swoopy wigs, but the spikes are kinda anime as opposed to just rough style, while still not being Cloud-levels of clean spikes.
>>
No wait, THIS last one's for you, HSGL

Speaking of scenester Dirk and all that.
>>
>>9055791
>Remember when Spectredeflector was into Homestuck
Yep and that shitty nose ring in every photo? I try not to. What ever happened to them?
>>
>>9055955
Clicked the wrong post like a dumb ass. Meant for >>9055772
>>
File: spectredeflector.png (438 KB, 640x590) Image search: [Google]
spectredeflector.png
438 KB, 640x590
>>9055958
>>9055955
Got 117k followers on Instagram. Seem to have chilled out a bit, but I wouldn't know since I don't follow 'em. Looks less like they're in drag and more like what Jeffree Star might've become if he got big on tumblr instead of myspace. As much as we like to shit on tumblr, I think we can all agree that tumblrs stylistic choices are, on a whole, better than those of heyday myspace.

Seems like they've about fifteen different sponsorship deals, and like their make up skills have actually improved. I might have shit taste, but I actually find them to be pretty handsome these days. HRT (I'm assuming) did a good job.

So living the dream of a third or so people on this board, pretty much.
>>
>>9055970
You definitely have shit taste.

>>9055772
The only alpha kid to wear one of the colored shirts WP put out was Jane.
>>
>>9055983
Sorry anon, but our love just wasn't meant to be.

Also, a ginger Dirk for that anon who's always about ginger Striders. Or maybe that was like one time and I'm blowing it out of proportion.
>>
>>9055985
Ginger Dirk just makes me think Trickster
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 960x1280
>>9055985 #
HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT THAT PIC IS ME! I never thought I'd see myself on this thread I'm laughing so hard Pic related somewhat, it's a shot I haven't posted anywhere yet to prove its me.

>>9055989 #
Generally this is why I don't cosplay ginger Dirk a lot, but ginger Dave more often. I do a lot of doubling up with the wigs I have (and this one is just so comfy) but I think my next ambition for Dirk's hair is having a dark-root gradient or blond to orange gradient.

Loving this little Dirk break the thread took, it's giving me more reference to use for how I style wigs for him.
>>
>>9056028
>>9055989
Speaking as the Dirk in >>9055767, ginger anything is a PITA colour. I struggled a lot with finding a good one and I'm still feeling kinda eh about it because it just looks like a heavy blonde in most pics. Go too far towards red and you'll look trickster and also far too unnatural for my tastes.

My wig is a good colour on me, and it definitely have some ginger hues, but IDK. Though, since I wanted a lace front my options were pretty limited in that aspect as well.

Your wig looks really pleasant and soft, the swoop is also pretty neat. Not sure about the colour; it's definitely a bit too red. As for your other ideas... I think dark roots might work. Generally that can give a wig a bit more dimension if you're careful with it. Not sure about blonde to ginger, though. Might just look scenester and tryhard.
>>
>>9055766
In retrospect I'm realizing that the freckles looked fine on mobile but super fake once I was able to properly enlarge the picture on my laptop
>>
hey everyone thanks for all the dirks!! im not gonna lie ive never really done a serious cosplay before like, age 16 so im not expecting myself to ace it on the first go but with trial and error i hope to make a good dreamer dirk eventually!
thanks again 4 doinks! and sorry for blog post
>>
File: tumblr_o91kx72B4f1rrstico2_400.jpg (65 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o91kx72B4f1rrstico2_400.jpg
65 KB, 400x533
Okay beard or nah?
>>
>>9062147
ew
>>
>>9062147
The only question you have to ask is does it look like it was applied with a sponge?
Y ___ N _____

Why is doing a slight scruff beard so hard? Get some crepe wool, spirit gum, and a fucking reference picture off Google or step outside and look at 49% of the population.
>>
>>9062147
That beard looks like my pubes at 13.
>>
>>9062163
You had some very odd pubes, mate.
>>
>>9055958
Dem shades
>>
>>9062147
Beard isn't great but better than most shitty beards. But what's with that girly eye makeup?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 640x427
Argue:
>>
>>9062587
Are we arguing because it's Crowmunist or because it's Vriskan?
>>
>>9062587
Argue over what? She looks fine, albeit nothing special.
>>
>>9062587
I really like this desu
>>
File: tumblr_nftilt4BEA1rcjt6po3_1280.jpg (611 KB, 1280x1891) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nftilt4BEA1rcjt6po3_1280.jpg
611 KB, 1280x1891
>>
File: tumblr_n743e5ml7T1qg5f7zo1_1280.jpg (210 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n743e5ml7T1qg5f7zo1_1280.jpg
210 KB, 960x1280
Speaking of Vriska, I like the details on this.
>>
whythis.jpg
>>
>>9062587
This is actually one of the best basic Vriskas I've ever seen.
>>
>>9062789
Damn those spider motifs. Sauce?
>>
>>9062789
That is rad. Seconding the sauce request.
>>
>>9062863
>>9063026
watch this be from four years ago
>>
File: 1440265662678.jpg (541 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1440265662678.jpg
541 KB, 1280x1920
>>9062813
I'm not personally a fan of skinnies, and actually seeing Vriskas go the scruffy scenepoof hair (for lack of any decent term whatsoever) is pretty rare so that still looks a bit weird to me, even if I do agree that it's technically correct and definitely better than what most do by not even bothering.
>>
>>9062863
>>9063026
>>9063050
I ran a reverse image search. It's from 2013.
>>
>>9064798
>tulio.jpg
well it's _not_ from four years ago
>>
Requesting good au designs
>>
File: image.png (281 KB, 727x950) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281 KB, 727x950
>>9065872
I like (some of) blackoutballads street tiers.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x857) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x857
>>9066073
I haven't actually read Featherbent, but it exist.
>>
File: image.png (251 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
image.png
251 KB, 640x347
>>9066089
Guidestuck is pretty popular
>>
>>9066089
I kinda want to do something kidswap myself, tbf.
>>
File: image.png (345 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345 KB, 900x1100
>>9066101
Forgot pic.
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 640x489) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 640x489
>>9066110
There's a lot of nifty bloodswaps out there.
>>
File: image.png (188 KB, 377x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188 KB, 377x600
>>9066119
Or speciesswap.
>>
File: image.png (295 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
image.png
295 KB, 640x404
>>9066123
Syblatortues piratestuck is mainly a porn AU but there's quite a few neat designs.
>>
File: image.png (483 KB, 640x799) Image search: [Google]
image.png
483 KB, 640x799
>>9066139
(I actually really like this AU, so have one more)
>>
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 1000x1600
>>9066155
If you're edgy or really into zombiewalks you might enjoy heinoustuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (619 KB, 1242x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
619 KB, 1242x1920
>>9066165
Or if you just want to spend five hundered hours on making gaudy details there's a dozen fantasystuck designs.
>>
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1008x744) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1008x744
>>9066173
Like you can pretty mich shove "-stuck" onto anything and it exist; here we have a variation on Steampunkstuck.
>>
>>9066155

Dat Kanaya dress, I want it.
>>
>>9066306
Are you a cosplayer or not?
Make it happen.
>>
>>9066401
>implying this fandom has that kind of talent
Even on the BNF list there are maybe four names that could make that dress.
>>
File: 1448223230651.jpg (353 KB, 493x740) Image search: [Google]
1448223230651.jpg
353 KB, 493x740
Still my favorite Davesprite of all time
>>
>>9066401

>tfw too awkward and manfaced to ever pull off elegant fashion lesbian

>>9066583

this was and always will be the best meme
>>
File: 0Cdjn.png (760 KB, 1300x1895) Image search: [Google]
0Cdjn.png
760 KB, 1300x1895
>>9066073
I love blackoutballad designs so much, I made two of their lettermanstuck jackets earlier this year but it was already too hot to wear them
>>
>>9066712
For casual wear or a cosplay? I kinda want to make a varsity jacket but I usually make my patterns by modifying dtuff I already own, and I've nothing to base a varsity jacket pattern off of.

>tfw really want to make a varsity jacket/cheerleader combo of otp with the gf
>>
>>9066712
I love "normal" homestuck clothing like this. Got any photos of one that somebody made? Or /r/ing casual non-welovefine homestuck inspired clothes in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 640x853
>>9067448
I fucking love this shirt.
>>
>>9067448

>>9045344 is inspired by a recent print from papers (https://www.whatpumpkinstore.com/products/title-art-print)
>>
Awful quiet in here.... can we have a tag dump?

I've not even seen many homestuck photos on my dash from Colossal, but I know there was a decent turnout.
>>
File: image.png (127 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127 KB, 640x1136
>>9071110
Feel free to.

In largely unrelated news: all of my what.
>>
>>9071373
I saw this earlier. Who the fuck actually does this?
>>
>>9071373
.....Wait is she referring to the cat mouth or the little uptick in the upper lip that people will sometimes draw? Because that's obviously supposed to be a fucking cat mouth, not a cleft lip jfc.
>>
>>9072456
>>9072353
It doesn't even seem like the majority of nepetas who do kittylips are even aware that cleft lip is a thing so uh.

But I mean if this means people stop doing shitty two-tone, cats musical lips I can't say I mind too much.
>>
>>9072804
I agree that the cat lip is ugly as sin, but I can't help but roll my eyes at another MUH DISABILITY APPROPRIATION at something that clearly isn't there. Like when everyone used to get super assrashed over Mituna's "autism."
>>
>>9072888

>autism

All my fucking rage when all of his symptoms were classic TBI but that's not a sexy disability so they pick autism randomly
>>
>>9072916
TBI?
>>
>>9072804
>>9072888
Well the post talks about art too. And I've seen people draw Nepeta and Davepeta with a literal cleft lip.

So I just assumed people were literally trying to cosplay that too. God, I hope I'm wrong though. Also,

>cleftie

Is this real
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.