[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 26
File: top.jpg (9 KB, 222x154) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
9 KB, 222x154
The site has completely crashed and burned. What else is new.
>>
I went to buy a dress and noticed this shit too. GDI
>>
>>9012363
Anon, proof or seriously stop posting about it.
>>
File: image.png (552 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
552 KB, 640x1136
Anyone want a review on these when they get in? Ordered a pair and there was no reviews on the site, thought people might be interested. (Ordered them in brown for reference)

I'll be taking off the crown clip when I use them, but I'll hold on to it just in case. Thinking of crafting a bow to attach to the front instead!
>>
>>9012430
That crown clip thing is so silly. At least the base shoe looks decent?
>>
Panicking about the order I made last week, it still says it's processing. At what point do I put in a PayPal claim?
>>
>>9012329

Site seems to be back up.
>>
>>9012896
And no improvement was made
>>
>>9012738
Yeah, I originally wanted to order s526 in brown, but it would've been like $30 more expensive (exchange rate is hell), so I went with these as the base shoe was still cute.

Thank god it's removeable lol, now here's hoping the shoe is a good fit
>>
Idk why some people wants to buy the unicorn jsk, the lace colors are missmatched, the prints is STILL backwards, is really expensive from BL and the quality is meh (not as decent as other BL pieces)
>>
>>9013081
The print is BACKWARD? How does something like that even happen?
>>
>>9013122
Put your newfag away. Backwards prints are pretty common in bodylines latest prints.
>>
>>9013126
Their re-releases too, Squirrel Party and Love Nadia most noticeably.
>>
>>9013081
The thing that triggers me the most is, they know about it, but they keep making the dresses with the print backwards
It's like they don't give a single fuck
Takes 1 minute to solve the problem damn
>>
>>9013170
Or they could completely solve the problem by not using text on their prints at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 700x900
Has anyone bought their penny loafers? What's the quality like? Should I get them? I want them for nanchatte and other stuff.
>>
>>9013295
They're not extremely terrible, but you could definitely find better quality for the same price.
>>
What are some of the best quality Bodyline dresses?
>>
>>9013329
Really? Where at?
>>
>>9013295
Got mine when they did that crazy sale, paid like.. 5 dollars on each pair, including shipping.

It's pretty good for the price, they don't hurt either, but you can absolutely find better ones for the defalt price they cost on the site.
>>
>>9012825
Same thing is happening to me. I paid for EMS shipping, too, since it was a birthday present which I need really really soon.
>>
>>9013331
Read reviews.
>>
>>9013704
I also paid for EMS. Time is less of an issue for me, I got EMS because of the tracking (the postal service here is bad so I like to stay safe by tracking everything). I'm worried they have shipped it and I haven't received tracking yet and the package won't be delivered by my bad postal service, so it will be returned to sender without me knowing.
>>
>>9012430

I have them in enamel black. The clip is not that ugly, but the inner section detached with some use. I glued it back. It's cute without it too. I can post some pictures if you want.
>>
>>9012825
>>9013704
same here - i put in an order and paid for EMS on the 15th. i'm used to waiting a while from other japanese stores, so i'm going to give it until the 23rd before i actually freak out.

how long does it usually take for bodyline to ship out your shit anyway?
>>
>>9013744
With EMS it normally ships the day after paying and it's delivered within 2 weeks. I'm going to paypal claim after 2 weeks since the website says 5-10 days and hope they don't blacklist me.
>>
>>9013755
I didn't know bodyline blacklisted people! That's concerning. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue, maybe they are just very busy.
>>
>>9013759
Blacklist?
Weird I'm not in since I had to open 2 PP claims last year
>>
>>9012329

I always order with EMS shipping just because I'm impatient and paranoid, they usually ship out within 1-2 days and I've always received my items within 5-6 days.
>>
>>9014118
yeah, no shipping notification, no tracking. my order still says processing and it has been 8 days.
>>
>>9013950
You're right, blacklisting seems like way too much effort for bodyline when they can't even ship their got damn parcels on time.
>>
>>9013744
>>9012825

I made an order and paid on the 13th
friday the 13th
They still haven't shipped.
I'm growing very impatient
>>
>>9014382
Got an email today that there was a system error on may 10th that had made shipping impossible and they will resume soon.
>>
>>9013295
I bought a pair of these when they were 499 yen.

My verdict is: worth that price for sure but if you have wide feet like me maybe avoid them. They run very narrow, and a little short too. I know BL shoes are all over the place, but just to give an idea, I have s507 and s523 in 25.0 that fit fine. These are nearly too small for me at 25.5.

Of course there is a chance that the ones I got were clearance because of the fit issues, and the ones on the site fit just fine. But there you go.

Antaina seems to have a pretty good rep, and I do believe they have loafers available. If you email them they will ship directly, no SS required, so give them a try maybe?
>>
>>9015776
Do you think this is worth trying to get refunds on shipping over? Not that bodyline is renowned for its customer service. I know some people will have paid for EMS because they needed their stuff soon. May as well have paid for airmail.
>>
>>9013295
I have them in brown. I ordered them in a size up thankfully - they are narrow so I wouldn't be able to fit in my normal size. They're well made considering the price. The heel is rather plasticky but you can't see that when wearing them.
>>
>>9016489
Mr Yan poisoned our macaroons, burned our brand, and delivered a plague unto our houses!
>>
>>9016508
Both of em!
>>
File: 026.jpg (51 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
51 KB, 500x321
>>9016526
>>
>>9015940
I'm going to try and claim mine back with paypal once my stuff has arrived. Bodyline's EMS is ridiculously expensive.
>>
Oh fuck did you guys hear??
Yanners was caught landing in his UFO...he's now on intergalactic trial for trespassing on another planets soil.
Can confirm, I'm the spaceship.
>>
What actually is the quality of bodyline blouses? Idk they always look so... crunchy and stiff in photos?
>>
>>9016836
they are meh. better than anna house blouses though
>>
>>9016836
I have one and I like it quite a bit but the buttons are literal shit and broke in half before I even put it on
>>
>>9016839
Really? I have an AH and a BL blouse and my AH one is made of much nicer and softer material and the lace is far superior. I really want to replace my BL one because the fabric and lace are so plastic-y.
>>
File: l543-2.jpg (171 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
l543-2.jpg
171 KB, 700x1200
Anyone have any worn pics of pic related? Or pics of it in coords?
I kinda want to get it, but I'm not really sure how I want to coord it...
>>
File: l543-3.jpg (201 KB, 700x1015) Image search: [Google]
l543-3.jpg
201 KB, 700x1015
>>9017173
Bodyline got modeling pictures of every product on their Rakuten
>>
Bodyline have finally shipped my package! Hope other anons are having the same good news.
>>
>>9016836
I have the one with the bunny ears and it really is crunchy and makes noises when moving my arms. Their chiffon blouse l581 is better and soft though.

Does anyone know if there is a way to soften the "crunchy" blouses?
>>
>>9016836
don't but BL blouses
99% of them are like crunchy paper
>>
>>9017211
why are they crunchy anyway? I have never seen a shirt made out of this kind of material before. It's awful.
>>
>>9017315
You know those waterproof material tents and reusable shopping bags are made of? That's what some of their blouses feel like. l581 is a very decent blouse though made from soft chiffon and lots of lace.
>>
>>9017333
I have l108 which I think is made of poly, and it's ok besides the buttons that I mentioned somewhere above
I like the feel a lot but I might just be weird
>>
File: tumblr_o3hn3pAEP81tlzazbo1_500.jpg (24 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3hn3pAEP81tlzazbo1_500.jpg
24 KB, 480x335
>>9017173
Only have two
>>
>>9017365
I like this one a bit more
>>
>>9016836
L076 is as good as my meta lucky pack blouses, but the bunny one and the cheaper ones are pretty meh
>>
I wonder why everyone recommends the blouses then? Oh well thanks gulls I think I'll look at MTP or something
>>
>>9017435
>everyone

almost always you get told to stay away from them anon.
>>
>>9014382
>>9015776
I got my tracking number on the 10th and it still isn't showing up in the Japan Post system.
>>
File: l411-2.jpg (308 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
l411-2.jpg
308 KB, 700x1200
How is the quality of this OP ?Also the fit?I'm small chested, usually full shirring items look better who have small boobs.
>>9012430
This shoe without the crown clip looks really cute, i have it.
>>9016836
Yes they are that shitty, i have one and i'm trying to sell it.
>>
File: L262_2.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
L262_2.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
Anyone bought this?I would like to buy it as a non lolita sundress for casual wear in black or red and removing the big tacky bows. How is the quality?
Waist ties are removable?
>>
>>9017892
I've heard this OP is really nice.

idk about the fit, but here's a picture from tumblr where it looks quite cute.
>>
>>9017380
It seems like it depends on how new the blouses are, the newer the blouse the better the material. The bunny ear blouses were pretty much one of BL's first items when they started international shipping over a decade ago.
>>
sooo Bodyline sent me an email saying my item was shipped + tracking, however the site says all shipping has been delayed/they can't do it on the same day?
Anyone know if that means packages are actually being sent?
>>
File: s514-1[1].jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s514-1[1].jpg
40 KB, 300x300
about to order some rocking horse shoes
and Its been 5 years since i bought from bodyline.
I'm a size 9.5 US but i've heard they run small. But I also know bodyline's sizes are weird in general. what size should i get?
>>
>>9018521
Measure your foot from heel to toe tip, and use the jap sizes. So for examples, if your feet are 23 cm, get a size 230 (or one up if you want them roomy) in jap. More accurate than using comparison sizes cause Bodyline is weird.
>>
>>9017365
Thanks anon!
>>
>>9018510
My tracking number doesn't work. I know sometimes tracking takes a while to update, but I haven't had this happen before.
>>
>>9018521
Just a heads up their RHS run kind of small/narrow. I usually wear 235 but I had to order 245 for them to be comfortable with socks on.
>>
>>9016836
their realy old ones are great, like compareable to a baby blouse I own, but their new ones are so gross, they're painful to wear
>>
>>9017924
Thank you anon!I saw her coordinate, this OP look almost burando quality, usually i don't really like BL printed items because they have tacky lace/ruffles and bows that look off but this is one of the few that look really good.
>>9017942
From the reviews, only the chiffon ones are good quality similar to Taobao higher-mid end quality blouses. I saw also a striped gothic blouse in grey/black or blue/black that looked really nice.
>>
>>9018521
I got a half size (in cm) up when I ordered mine and it worked out fine. Usually wear 24.5, got 25.
>>
>>9016836
I have the chiffon one with the crosstraps and it's very comfortable, but otherwise meh.
>>
>>9019318
To clarify, the rest of their blouses are meh lol. The chiffon one is really nice and I wanna buy it in white.
>>
Man, it really amazes me that Bodyline can do the WORST shit and people still buy from them. Replicas? Whatever. Running design contests that then steal the designs with no credit? No biggie. The owner being known as creepy towards his models? Yawn. Shit customer service? Raising prices ridiculously for Western customers? Sending out orders with obvious mistakes?
Literally what will it take to make people stop buying Bodyline?
>>
>>9019357
>Literally what will it take to make people stop buying Bodyline?
A better resource for cheap lolita clothes

That's all Bodyline is good for
>>
>>9019357
It'll take another lolita/cosplay website that's as easy to use and ship from. I use Taobao a lot but Bodyline is the easier shopping experience.
>>
>>9019368
>>9019383
Honestly this. I am poor, really poor and discounted Bodyline is the only choice I have right now. Even Taobao is more expensive than Bodyline.
>>
>>9019357
>>9019383
They're really accessible for westerners and you can get your items within a week with EMS.
>>
>>9018523
>>9018616
>>9019270

>completely out of stock for black in my size
>need it before the end of june
so I'm fucked then,
>>
File: i hate this.png (673 KB, 1272x713) Image search: [Google]
i hate this.png
673 KB, 1272x713
>>9019696
a-anyone wanna sell some to me?
>>
File: l397-1.jpg (70 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
l397-1.jpg
70 KB, 300x300
So my sister and I was planning on doing matching coords for my aunts 50th birthday party, and we were gonna get pic related, but one of the colors we were getting is out of stock
I know bodyline is awful at restocking at least shoes, are they as bad when it comes to dresses and other things?
>>
>>9019990
Everything.
>>
>>9019990
Bodyline is a terrible company in terms of management and service. They'd be so dead, if someone else decided to hop in and make cheap lolita pieces.
>>
>>9019446
Yeah but Taobao does cost more than Bodyline when you factor in paying SS fees and weighted shipping. Bodyline is just check out and pay a flat fee and be done with it.
>>
>>9019357
I want some plainer dresses for casual use also for non lolita/otome coordinates but Taobao has mostly OTT items, chiffon and too busy/delicate designs for going out for a walk while Bodyline has some cheap decent quality items for 30-40 €.
I would be really happy to know where i can find acutal plain jsk/op on taobao and made of cotton/good quality polyester not fucking chiffon.
>>9019990
I just found some of the items i wanted are not in stock, i hate when BL restocks after ages.
>>
>>9019357
As soon as Yan stops letting me get good shoes for $25 shipped.
So I was basically done 6 months ago.
>>
>>9019955
I have a black pair of the bow ones sized 250 that I haven't worn and decided I didn't like on me. Would those work?
>>
>>9020177
What's your shoe size? (Since as we know bodyline shoes aren't accurate)
>>
How are the sailor scout uniforms from here quality wise ? A woman at my work wants one for her ten year old.
>>
>>9020834
I haven't bought a uniform from them but they're pretty good when it comes to kids clothing.
>>
>>9016836
I have L523 in black and it's pretty good for the price. It's made of polyester chiffon and the chiffon is not that bad actually, not too stiff, scratchy or crunchy. I mainly wear it under JSK's as I don't like how it looks over a skirt(might look better with a HW skirt). The collar looks great as a high collar but can also be folded down as well. Overall though that blouse and their shoes would be the only things I'd purchase from BL atm.
>>
>>9017942
....L076 pre dates the bunny blouse. Basically bodyline quality is still all over the place.
>>
>>9020197
I wear a 24.5
They're comfortable and in perfect condition but like I said I just don't like how they looked on me.
>>
>>9020834
I have a seifuku, which is kinda similar I guess, and the fabric is not the most comfortable (poly, I would wear a shirt and light bloomers under it), but it's definitely wearable and sits pretty alright on me
I've heard reviews from 'meh ok' to 'earth shatteringly amazing' on their other school uniform/seifuku stuff so I guess it should be safe but not necessarily fantastic
>>
How would you guys feel if there was a U.S. based equivalent to Bodyline? What suggestions would you have and what would you want from them?

Comparable prices, but cheaper/faster shipping, less awkward fits, and cuter (but still relatively simple) designs? I know a lot of new independent Lolita brands can be relatively expensive but I could sell cute JSKs at 40-55 a pop and do decent on my end. Skirts and blouses for 25$, etc. Nanchette stuff too. I've been testing sewing on a strict budget and I'm really please with the results. I have three skilled assistants as well. I recently made contact with a warehouse about shoes and the opportunity is definitely there. (Although the variety would not be as much as Bodyline - probably just Tea Parties and chunky heeled Lolita shoes)

Hate the idea? Love it?
>>
>>9022389
I'd be on board.
>>
>>9022389
Show examples of your work? I'd be open to buying something if it's cute enough.
>>
>>9022389
The key is consistency. Lolitas are extremely picky and slips in quality would be met with backlash. I am unclear if you're planning to make the main pieces yourself or contract out. I highly recommend taking a small business class if you are serious about this idea.
>>
>>9022389
Sounds like BS. I can't see anyone selling that cheap at a profit sewing by themselves with decent fabric. The math doesn't work. You are comparing to a company that has a warehouse to cheaply make stuff. Then if you can do a few pieces cheap, which means underselling your work, how can you mass produce for people to make it fast? You would again need to have a warehouse for that. Shoes are going to be taobao stuff do why go to you?
>>
Is this site still ok to order from? if so, are ordering things with decent reviews and following the sizing charts all I really need to do?
>>
>>9022464
lurk more newfag.
>>
>>9022464
Nope, you'll get scammed and loose all your money :( Everyone in this thread (and the past threads) is just lying, dont listen to them
>>
>>9019357
Seconding the ease of use reason. I never buy from them myself, but my family loves to get me lolita stuff for birthday / Christmas so I just make an Amazon list of Bodyline stuff I like. The site is easy for them to use, unlike stuff like Taobao or secondhand shopping that takes a lot of translation and dedication with surprise fees and mishaps along the way.
> Also why I add cheaper things from Spreepicky and other Taobao resellers on there.
>>
>>9021562
too small, and I dont want to risk wearing them to a con where I'll be running around all day. thank you for the offer though anon
>>
>>9022389
Love it but can't imagine it'd be that feasible.
>>
>>9022389
How cheap would you be able to ship to EU and other continents?
I feel like shipping from the US to EU countries is about the same as shipping from Japan, so for anyone outside the US there wouldst really be a reason to buy from you
>>
With bodyline's crazy shipping and high prices is buying bodyline products from cosmates worthwhile now?
>>
>>9027138
I thought Cosmates shut down a while ago?
>>
Is there any way to get BL to mark down a package? Their new sailor dress is pretty cute but living in europe, customs will pound my ass for anything over 20bucks.

>>9029701
Yeah Cosmate shuted down
;_; rip my weeb years drooling over that website.
>>
Got some shoes yesterday, just to let you guys know it looks like they're shipping them in boxes again.
>>
Had a dream where I went to a bodyline store and killed Mr Yan, dunno what that means
>>
>>9034312
I think we all dream that from time to time
>>
>>9034184
... did they ever not? my shoes from the March sale came both in boxes

>>9034094
afaik no, unless they just decide to randomly
>>
>>9029701
>>9034094
*** Cosmates Restarts! ***
We have decided to restart Cosmates with a new manager. We opened our store again on April 26th, 2016.
We are sincerely thankful to all people who gave us the hope and the courage to challenge again.
Owner Hiroshi Hashimoto
>>
mr yan is on trial for fingering cat buttholes and smearing what was left on his fingers on his face to use as war paint
>>
>>9035251
fucking kek
>>
>>9035246
>>9034094
http://www.cosmates.jp/

Holy shit it is alive.
>>
>>9035391
Iirc from the very beginning of their 'shutting down' phase they said they would probably come back, and even shared documents of their plans to restructure the company.
>>
>>9034517
my boots didn't, those fuckers
>>
>>9019357
The price hikes already stopped me. When they were cheap, they were ok for plain washable basics and some wardrobe filler but at current prices, it's just not worth it at all. I have never understood people going crazy for any of their prints though, most of them are ugly and LOOK cheap.
>>
>>9013081
They want their mirror selfies to have the print look right without flipping the photo when they post to their tumblr?
>>
>>9035391
Sorry if this is dumb but do they sell the same exact products as Bodyline? Bodyline stopped selling a specific dress that I need but they seem to have it.
>>
>>9037891
They get their stuff through the brands themselves but I have seen them with some Bodyline stuff in stock that has been sold out on the main website so they may actually buy some stuff ahead of time? But most of their items say " This product will be stocked after you ordered. Please confirm the "Buying Time" below before you check out." meaning they're more like a shopping service than anything else.
>>
>>9037891
>>9037901
Also unless their shipping is cheaper it's going to be a lot more expensive. Everything I checked was at least 10 to 20 dollars more than on bodyline's site.
>>
>>9035251
God damn that's hot.
>>
>>9012329
Does bodyline do returns or exchanges? Bought some shoes, looked at the reviews, measure my own feet by cm, and the shoes were still too small :/
>>
So is free and low cost shipping a thing of the past now? Wtf
>>
>>9037938
Nope, you're fucked and Bodyline shoes always run a half size small at least.
>>
>>9037963
Oh well I guess ill sell them or hold onto them for the next swap meet.

so then if im 23 cm should I go for 24 to be safe?
>>
>>9037963
Except for when they don't. I hate how inconsistent it is. I have a pair of wedges from them that are my regular bodyline size and are huuuuuge.
>>
>>9037971
Why don't you sell em on lacemarket? If you're in the US, get a flat rate shoe box and you can keep shipping costs low.
>>
>>9037973
Thats what I had planned, but I may hold off for now, my comm is having a little swap meet soon, might as well see if theres any thing happening there first.

Thanks for the tip though!
>>
>>9037976
Out of curiosity, which style are they?
>>
>>9037977
they're black rocking horse shoes, the ones with a little bow around the ankle

s515
>>
>>9037963
Does this apply to clothing from them as well? or just shoes in particular? (Never bought from Bodyline before).
>>
>>9037993
Lurk more.
>>
>>9037972
Their wedges and RHS are always a half to full size larger than your regular size.
>>
Is the L527 blouse any good? I hear a lot of Bodyline blouses are crap but the material of this one seems lighter. I want it in pink, but I'm also concerned about the colour. It some pictures it looks very salmon and if it's too warm it wouldn't match my wardrobe well.
>>
Since Bodyline's blouses suck, where can I get a better blouse for a similar price?
>>
>>9034517
My shoes I got in January were in a shoebox in a shitty thin plastic mailer and the shoebox got completely squished BC of it
>>
File: w160.jpg (104 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
w160.jpg
104 KB, 700x700
Does anyone have photos or a review of this wig in pink or any other Bodyline pink bob wig? Do they look too shiny and costumey compared to the natural colored wigs?
>>
>>9040483
I got a pink wig from BL in the clearance sale last summer because it basically cost nothing but it's so nasty I've never worn it (pink also isn't a good color on me)
>>
>>9040565
What shade of pink is it? Could you maybe take some photos or give details? Thanks!
>>
>>9035391
ew theyre so overpriced tho its even worse than buying right from BL
>>
>>9040728
Which is why you don't buy Bodyline stuff from there? I used it for shops like Joybank where I couldn't order otherwise.
>>
>>9040318
I know someone who has it, and it seems very good quality.
>>
>>9040728
The have some dresses and stuff on there that is sold out though
But yeah, I agree, at that price you much aswell get secondhand brand of taobao
>>
File: s535-1.jpg (152 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
s535-1.jpg
152 KB, 700x700
I ordered these shoes in size 255. My normal size is 39-40 so it seemed like a good size. But god these are more like 41? Really big. There's a gap for my finger.
Thank god it has ankle straps or else the shoes would just fly away.
I guess I should take 250 next time I order shoes from there.

But really comfortable and pretty shoes that's for sure.
>>
>>9041739
Some shoes run more true to size, even larger. Some run very small or narrow. There's a few anons discussing that up top.

I'm a 40ish and I wear 25.0 in a couple of styles from there so hopefully it works for you too. I also have a pair of loafers that are 25.5 and it boggles my mind just how fucking tiny they are.
>>
I am going to Otakon in August and I am trying to planm my coords. For shoes, I have laceup Victorian witch boots and Bodyline rocking horse boots. Has anyone had an problem with the platform of the rockinghorse boots breaking off? I haven't worn mine yet and I don't want to be stuck at the convention center with a broken shoe. Do you think it is safe to wear them all day? Or should I just pack my Victorian boots?
>>
>>9047507
Had that happen once, though I'd worn the RHS about three-four times, and all day once for a con. If you do wear them, bring glue or something just in case. But yeah it was just a random day and suddenly the sole started coming off. Sucked.
>>
>>9047521
Yikes. I am going to carry some flats in my bag just in case.
>>
File: high as balls.png (35 KB, 521x149) Image search: [Google]
high as balls.png
35 KB, 521x149
People are high as balls. Ain't no one going to pay more than $30 for this dress
>>
>>9019597
Get whatever color is availble in your size and use matte fabric paint to change the pleather color. Just make sure it's not the puffy kind! You want it to dry flat and not have texture so it looks more natural. Using fabric paint helps make sure the paint doesn't crack very much since shoes a slightly flexible and need to be able to bend.
>>
>>9019597
No they arent? Are you making sure to look at the $31 dollar version and not the one going for 15 bucks? the one for 15 is only in dark pink, but the ones selling for 31 on their site has black in every size 265 which (should) be 10.5 american, if youre a 9.5 than 265 is probably you want to get anyway for RHS
>>
File: ohyan.png (84 KB, 273x162) Image search: [Google]
ohyan.png
84 KB, 273x162
I never noticed this before. kek.
>>
>>9048688
A dumbass who doesn't know it's from Bodyline would
>>
>>9051078
trashy
>>
>>9051128
its so lazy. I am tempted to get the skirt anyway though, it's kind of cute
>>
>>9051078

Ah, the infamous print that Mr Yan proposed to one of the Bodyline model contest winners with.

The first batch of this print actually has the "Love Nadia" printed backwards, so at least the fixed that part of the print.
>>
>>9040483
I have this in red and it's shiny as hell, a lot shinier than the pic lets on
>>
Did the gull ever report back how pan078 was? I only see one video on youtube.
>>
Is the body line puppy print a replica of francoise rose, or just very similar?
>>
>>9055973
lurk more
>>
>>9051078
If it wasn't for the text (even If the text wasn't messed up, I still would prefer it not there), I actually think this print is cute and would have gotten it.

The frustraiting thing about Bodyline for me is that their original stuff has SO much potential to be so much better. I do like the Bodyline items I own (they're older ones), they are wearable and great for every day and casual use, but I always find things that with minor tweaking and with, usually, little to no difference in cost, they could be nicer. They could go from "wearable" to "really cute" and "a good wardrobe filler/starter" to "fantastic for the price."

It's so lazy. The awful website, the mistakes on prints, the prices. I feel like Bodyline is run by people who only half ass knows how to run a business and I'm sure Yan takes advantage of the fact lolitas buy from him anyway to purposely be lazy about everything.
>>
>>9055988
I've looked and there seem to be slight variations. Just can't tell if it falls under replica/art theft seeing as it is a different background, and no brand name. Is it?
>>
>>9056064
Lurk more.
>>
File: l031.png (741 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
l031.png
741 KB, 720x540
I have a question!

I have l031 in brown. I really love the dress, but I removed the three bows from the "bib" (sorry I am having a brain fart and can't remember what it's called) because the ribbon is cheap and I thought the big bow looked unbalanced. I've tried the dress on a couple times since removing them, and I think it's wearable as-is, but it's plain. I am having trouble brainstorming, so does anyone have some ideas? I don't want to use buttons, and my sewing skills are beginner level.

I also decided to re-purpose the detachable bow that came with the dress, as it was quite sad and haphazard and I couldn't manage to make it look decent. I've been trying to brainstorm ideas of things to make other than a basic bow with it and if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

I may cross post this in another thread, but I figure for now it can go in here.
>>
>>9056117

Maybe make a rosette with the fabric? And find a cute wooden pin and place it in the center
>>
>>9056117
How do you coord 1031? I bought it thinking it would be a nice chocolate brown, but seeing as it's actually a tan I have no idea what colors to match with it.
>>
File: l572-2.jpg (236 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
l572-2.jpg
236 KB, 700x1200
Does anyone own or know of any reviews for L572?
>>
>>9056186
I'm probably not the best person to ask for coord advice. I wear Lolita as if it were still the mid 2000's, so my outfits stay basic and fairly old-school. So far I've only worn it it with all white. I think it would look fine worn with chocolate brown if you're looking to wear it with a darker color, as long as the color weight stays balanced. Though, disclaimer, I am super laid back when it comes to Lolita so I often break "Da Rules" and do whatever I want. I wear pastel dresses with all black quite often, it turns out cute but it does rely on making sure to have the weight of the colors balanced.

>>9056154
A rosette is a cute idea, especially because of the rose lace accents on the dress, I'll keep this idea in mind!
>>
So uh has anyone ever had a black blouse form bodyline stain their shit?

I bought their l523 in black and it stained everything it touched, luckily I wasnt wearing it under a dress! It got black on my purse and my bra!

Ive never owned anything that did this and it doesnt make any sense to me.
>>
>>9056318
I think a long time ago someone mentioned that their black Bodyline cardigan bled too.
>>
>>9056331
I really cant believe this happened, I tried cleaning my purse but it just wont get off.

I sure hope putting it through the wash a couple times makes it wearable without this shit happening again
>>
>>9048796
Its a miracle! they restocked!
when I originally posted they only had red
>>
Would anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do about my package being sent back to bodyline? I was away from home during the delivery window and by the time I got back it was too late, they already shipped it back to Japan. Japan post tracking only ever said "retention period" and never even indicated it was in my state. I opened a PayPal dispute because I know bodyline won't answer emails, but will I have to pay for ems shipping all over again? Has anyone ever had anything from bodyline sent back to them?
>>
>>9056117
add some buttons to the bib
>>
While I was searching for Pan078 reviews, I was testing whether BL's shipping is back to normal. Seems like they are now back at it.
>>
>>9056314
Thanks, I mostly wear it with white too. Perhaps I'll mix it up with pastels like mint or pink.
>>
>>9058766
did you find any reviews?
I gave up and just bought it so i can deliver a review.
>>
>>9058766
>>9058867
Apparently PinkcutenessWonderland uses it combined with a hoop skirt to get the poof for her usual coords.
>>
>>9058910
Been reading her blog every once in a while and I love the poof she has in her coords.

>>9058867

Nothing specific yet, sadly. Only a semi-recommendation post on lolitaguidebook. There's a video on YT (not a good one though) where you can see the amount of poof if worn.

https://youtu.be/CtyyYUTBd38?t=50s
>>
>>9058910
>PinkcutenessWonderland
wow shit perfect poof. did she say whwere the hoop skirt is from? or just a basic short wedding one
>>
File: l082-1.jpg (201 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
l082-1.jpg
201 KB, 700x700
>>9058994
You could ask her, she's pretty open about her wardrobe, but I don't think it's any specific brand.

Also I am tacky af and this dress was my newbie bodyline dream dress. I love old school and still want it, but is it too much? Cape/sleeves detachable.
>>
Any reviews of the cosplay costumes? I want the NGE school uniform.
>size I want is out of stock R I P
>>
>>9059417
pretty sure someone is selling this on LM if you want it cheaper.
>>
File: s538-2.jpg (88 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
s538-2.jpg
88 KB, 400x542
These will come at a bargain price : 8200 Y
You can't miss them !11!
>>
Do they still mark down the price these days?
>>
>>9062434
No
>>
>>9062434
seems to be mixed, my shit that I ordered in April or May (during last big sale) was marked as gift but they were also well below the customs value anyway
>>
>>9062479
>>9062496

Damn, I want to buy something but with the extra 'tax' it's just above the customs import margin.
>>
There's something I want on the Rukuten that has been taken down from the website. Am I SOL? Is BL still canceling orders from foreigners on Rakuten?
>>
Another person with shipping issues here, I ordered on the 5th and according to the tracking, they posted it the next day, and it dispatched from Tokyo 5 days later on the 11th. It's been 10 days and I haven't received it. Clearly this is a Japan Post issue, but it's still frustrating. The longest I've ever had to wait for a Bodyline package was 5 weeks, but that was around the holidays one year. Seems like there should be no excuse this time of year.
>>
>>9059555
I have it.
Since it's one of their older costumes it's the typical polyester they use on all their school uniforms. The shirt has a front zip and the neck ribbon is super shiny. It's also way shorter than the NGE uniforms really should be.

It's also super small so "sizing up" to be safe if you're close to its max measurements is a good idea.
>>
>>9063961
One time it took me like 2 months to get a BL package.
>>
>>9056333
Ive had a black blouse stain some stuff when it has gotten wet. Handwashing the pièces with baking soda added helped a lot.
>>
>>9056318
this happened to me. blouse was bone dry and the moment i open the package im stained dark purple black. i soaked it in super icy cold water with about a cup of vinegar added and had to change to fresh water about three times to get it to stop running, then threw it in the wash on cold for good measure. its fine now but it was a hassle and i end up not ever wearing it
>>
>>9063961 here, it arrived Friday evening (the 24th). Guess I've just been on edge lately and was worked up about it for no reason. Phew.
>>
>>9017892
I have two, one in sax and one in red.

For the price it's pretty decent, if your shoulders are broad it might be a bit tight. I actually have big boobs so I only wear this dress with a bolero on top because the shirring sits weird.

I guess the best thing about this dress is that's it's sturdy, if that makes sense. It's also nice having a dress that I don't have to be careful with, since at the end of the say it is just Bodyline.
>>
>>9017892
I have this OP in green and I really like it as far as Bodyline stuff goes. Here are my pros and cons
>Nice pattern- it's quite delicate but the roses are big enough to not be hidden by the gingham. I think it works really well with soft pastel colours like the green, blue and pink.
>I like the lace+ribbon combo on the top, the ribbon itself is a bit long but it can be trimmed easily.
>Its good enough fabric and light enough to wear during super hot days
>While it does make the fit awkward, the shirring is very comfortable. But I'm busty so I'm not sure how it'll fit on smaller busts
>The collar area is a bit odd, but both that and the shirring can be hidden with with a bolero (I suggest a bolero that's open on the top and closes on the bottom so it hides the shirring and holds the collar down while still showing the lace)
If you have a small bust but still want the print how about trying l511? It's a bit simple looking but some added lace and maybe a belt could do wonders for it.
>>
File: shoes258-2.jpg (194 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
shoes258-2.jpg
194 KB, 700x1200
Does anyone remember how much these used to cost?
I want to sell mine cause they are too large (only tried them on).
Any price suggestions?
Also, fuck you mr Yan for not restocking these!
>>
>>9072867
I bought mine at 800 or 1000 yen, I think
>>
>>9072867
What size and color?
>>
>>9064078
I ordered and received a package from the UK after my Bodyline was already shipped out. Still no sign of it.
>>
>>9017892
This is the only Bodyline dress I genuinely like. I have it in pink, and I think it's adorable and really nice for the price. I have a petite frame and it fits nicely, I don't think it would look good on larger body types (full shirring, as you said).
>>
>>9072867

Which size and color do you want to sell anon? I might be interested in them.
>>
>>9061985
well I mean, they look nice, but...jesus. I'd even have a hard time paying half that if their quality hasn't changed.
>>
>>9072867
If you have white or red in 245 or anything that might fit US 8 email me
>>
File: l489-2.jpg (129 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
l489-2.jpg
129 KB, 700x1200
Does anyone have good coord examples for l489 in black? I own it in 2L and can't get past the feeling that the vertical lace on the bodice does make anyone look fat who has not the ideal japanese lolita size. I am not even fat or tall, it's just that it feels so unflattering when worn esp. as a male with a slight hint of a V shape (I am very small with narrow shoulders though).

Therefore is it just an unflattering dress for my body or is this dress just generally weird for "normal westerns"?

I tried to find better examples via google and bodylineneedsbetterpictures tumblr without a decent result.
>>
File: random_l489.jpg (102 KB, 414x750) Image search: [Google]
random_l489.jpg
102 KB, 414x750
>>9076641

Also this picture perfectly shows my problem. I guess she's wearing it in size 2L or even bigger. The area near the ribs left and right from the vertical lace gets unpropotionally stretched and makes anyone wearing it look bigger as they actually are, if the size is not M.

Pic related taken from google for demonstration purpose.
>>
>>9076650
I don't fully get the problem here as English isn't my first language but sometimes you have to accept the fact that something just simply doesn't look good on you. As you said yourself, it just doesn't look just right (not awful either) and there is almost nothing anyone could do about it. In your example, the fit isn't perfect. Bodyline's fit can be awkward and it's not always your size but the construction which is not the best. I might be biased as I hate the skirt part but the dress over all isn't really super flattering. The petti is a little bit dead which don't help either.
>>
>>9076641
1. Acquire seam ripper or small sharp scissors
2. Remove lace
3. Profit
>>
>>9076659

I'm not a native speaker either, so I don't know whether my question came across well or not. I basically want to know, whether this dress generally has a weird fitting for western lolitas or if it's just unfitting for my body type.
And since I couldn't find any decent coords so far or genrally pictures of that dress being worn, I was curious and wanted to ask the gulls.

Also

>you have to accept the fact that something just simply doesn't look good on you

I totally agree on this. Picture in >>9076650 isn't me though and was just randomly picked to show this "stretched l489 bodice makes you fatter than you actually are" problem.
>>
>>9076732
Western gull here - I'm a 34C, and I have the black JSK in size M. It doesn't stretch at all on me, the lace stays straight and looks just fine! It has 1/4 corset lacing in the back, and is one of my favourite JSKs to wear. I'm very comfortably within the M measurements, though, so I couldn't tell you what it would look like on someone a bit bigger.
>>
I received my bodyline petti, pan078 ,Today, I can deliver pics if there is interest.
at the very least I think it's too short for Lolita, or at least most of my dresses. It has huge volume but maybe I can wear it lower and add a cheap party store petti or something to make it work with a longer dress. I only tried it with baby but maybe I'll work better with AP since it seems to be shorter
>>
>>9079000
Really you buyed a BL petticoat for lolita?
>>
>>9079011
for curiosities sake and for lack of reviews. All reviews say "it's perfect" but pictures look short, so I wanted to do it from a non fan of BL POV.
>>
>>9079011
To be fair, word came around that pan078 seems to be an actually okay petti. Probably a tad too expensive, but with lasting fluff. That's why so many gulls are waiting for a decent review.
>>
>>9078165

Do you mind posting a picture of one of your coords? If you don't feel comfortable, you can just crop you face/head out or blur it. I'm just interested in what the skirt looks like in a good coord.
>>
>>9079020
I have that petticoat in white. I've had it for over two years and it is still holding up great. It's worth the price tag in my opinion.
>>
>>9059417
This was my newbie dream dress as well; I have it in pink and I love it. I think the pink, sax and ivory colorways look fine.
>>
>>9059417
I just ordered this in blackxowh- I was originally set on getting that plain jsk with the similar design/style but it was sold out in the colour I want and I like this op better now- gonna replace the white corset lacing ribbon in front with black ribbon and see what it looks like, and maybe make the bows on the bottom removable if they're not already. I really think it's cute though!
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.