[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Wig Round 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Havenaims_r4.jpg (171 KB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
Havenaims_r4.jpg
171 KB, 1200x873
Arda Iron Wig Round 4 entries are up. Theme was any Super Saiyan from the DBZ series. Wig used: Malinda with wefts in Pale Blonde.

Vote for your favorite: http://435972.tbits.me/

Toki hasn't submitted yet due to personal circumstances.

Attached photo:
Havenaims cosplay
Make-up: Toriko Cosplay
Photography: Zantaff Photography
Model: Justin Bennett
>>
File: FallenWigs_r4.jpg (160 KB, 1200x713) Image search: [Google]
FallenWigs_r4.jpg
160 KB, 1200x713
FallenWings
>>
File: JakCosplay_r4.jpg (114 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
JakCosplay_r4.jpg
114 KB, 1200x750
Jak Cosplay
Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8nvmvHTy4&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: UPcosplay_r4.jpg (117 KB, 1200x681) Image search: [Google]
UPcosplay_r4.jpg
117 KB, 1200x681
U.P. Cosplay
Photos by Daniel Gray Photography http://www.danielgrayphotography.com/ )
>>
And this, kids, is why you don't try to fake a hairline without lace front
>>
>>9012203
ewewewew they look like floppy bananas
>>
>>9012203
Definitely the worst.
>>
>>9012210
To be fair, the Malinda wig doesn't have a lace front.
But that's Arda's fault.
>>
>>9012202
This year is having a lot of dropouts or late entries.

Shame about Toki... I thought she might win overall.
>>
>>9012280
She's apparently still in the running, and will be back for the next final round.
>>
>>9012203
If they didn't make the hair so long, it might have looked better. Tried for too long of spikes. Could still keep the volume, just the length is so...

>>9012204
This is so fucking clean that it makes me mad to see the very slight gap.

>>9012205
I freaking love this one. Its so perfect for Gohan.
>>
>>9012202
this one's probably taking this round
>>
>>9012202
Easily the best one out of the bunch. I'm really disappointed with the others.

>>9012203
The spikes are okay on this one but it looks like they got lazy and just left the back alone... looks weird.

>>9012204
That hairline makes me want to throw up.

>>9012205
This one's okay, but I dunno... the hairline looks weird here, too.
>>
>>9012274
Would it be against the rules to add lace and ventilaye? Still looks like #1 had the only viable solution. Fake hairlines are impossible with that chunky method unless you have a headcast or wig block made presicley for your model.
>>
>>9012565
I don't think it's against the rules, but doesn't ventilating take a long time?
>>
>>9012205
I personally like this one the best out of the bunch. It's the one closest to what the show looks like. >>9012202
Is canonically way too tall which makes me dislike it more. If we are going for accuracy, UP takes it.
>>
>>9012204
The more I look at this, the more I think this one is out. The front looks good but the back looks TERRIBLE. It's like she didn't even bother wefting more hair in, or adding foam, or teasing. It looks nothing like the reference, on top of looking really thin and stringy.
>>
>>9012869
it's a double elimination round, too
>>
I think it's going to be between >>9012202 And >>9012205 for top. I personally like the Gohan one the most.
>>
>>9012202
Probably going to win, it's the most impressive, and looks nice
>>9012203
BANANAS it looks like she needed to thin out her spikes more and make them less long
>>9012204
the front is okay, but it's just like they gave up in the back
>>9012205
nice and clean, but I don't like how they did the back. It's jutting out way too much when it's supposed to be straight up.
>>
Toki finally got their's uploaded
>>
>>9012204
She looks like Blenderwick Couchsnatch...

>>9012565
You don't have enough time for it to be worth it, especially not since this round had a pretty clear focus on big shapes and foam/teased cores.
>>
>>9013171
it looks really clean, but I hate the bulky hair line.
People really should've used more glued hairlines I feel.
>>
>>9013171
Not as bad as the banana-bunch up there, but still nothing remarkable.
>>
>>9013171
I think it would've looked a lot better on a model. I kinda want to make a custom head form like that now
>>
Its always looked bad to me when people try to make their hair/wig as oversized as it is in a show.

In a show it can look good because, well its all drawings, the exaggeration inst as noticeable. But when doing a cosplay its always looked better to me if someone does the air style, but to a more realistic size.

just my opinion though
>>
>>9013490
well, one of the categories for this round was accuracy so I can see why they went for huge
>>
>>9012203
I feel like this wig would've been presented better if they didn't have so many photos
>>
>>9012203
this is a fucking piece of shitty wig
>>
to be honest all of these wigs are ugly but the Goku wig is super sloppy. Maybe it is because of the bad lighting of the photos but the spikes look very flat and massive. It lacks details and even the color seems more blunt even though all contestants had the same material. it's a real bad work, I wonder how she even made it so far...
the Goku wig looks best but that's mainly because the head of the male model is bigger
>>
>All these people calling these wigs "pieces of shit" and disgusting
>All these people who probably can't style a moderately difficult wig, much less such a massive project with so few supplies and so little time

I style a lot of wigs and can tell you this kind of shit is fucking hard, even IF you have adequate supplies and time. I don't care how great at wig styling you are. One wig and one pack of wefts (and two weeks) to make a wig of this magnitude is nothing, and it's no small wonder that most of these look a little wonky (not nowhere near what I would call "terrible") given the restrictions. I wouldn't be surprised if Arda specifically gave a very difficult task just to make it easier to weed people out.
>>
>>9014735
We've seen better. Nothing against the contestants efforts, but if it looks like shit, it looks like shit.
>>
>>9014751
I've seen better too but it's stupid to compare the best Goku wig you've ever seen to a Goku wig that was made with half the materials and time. Also if you think any of these are "shit" I don't know what to tell you. If I saw pretty much any of them in person at a con, I'd be impressed, even if they all could use some improvement.
>>
>>9014735
I get your point, but it's a wig competition. We're not looking at good wigs, we're looking at great wigs. Yes, compared to your average cosplay scrub, even banana bunch up there is god-tier.
But in this competition, not as much. Judges aren't looking for "wow you made THAT in 2 weeks?? amazing!!!!!!!" because everyone in the competition did that.

When we say something is shit, we mean shit compared to the other contestants, not general shit.
>>
>>9014707
i meant good old banana boy Gohan when I first wrote Goku. sorry for my stupid mistake

Gohan is the worst here and I don't care about the time excuse. you can clearly see she put efford into it but it turned out terrible because she lacks talent and has a bad sense of proportions
>>
>>9014735
did anyone complain about having not enough time? To me everyone besides Toki seems to have no problems regarding their schedule. so I can't see where you get the impression these wigs would have been better with more time.

I personally think the Dragonball challenge isn't an easy one, but everyone had a fair chance by being able to choos their concrete reference
>>
>>9014829
I don't remember who, but didn't someone else use their immunity to bypass a round?
>>
They posted the progress for the goku wig
>>
>>9014819
There's two Gohan wigs here.
>>
>>9014781
>When we say something is shit, we mean shit compared to the other contestants, not general shit.

Speak for yourself, I think it looks like general shit.
>>
>>9014934
not bad
>>
>>9014707
>>9015061
Are you still about the banana Gohan? then yes. That Goku wig is impressive. I like the progress page for it. >>9014934
>>
>>9014819
Another reason that Gohan wig looks so bad is the camera lens they used. The lens is super distorted and it makes her hands huge in some pictures. Like, much bigger than her head. The warping just makes the whole picture look sloppy and weird.

I dislike how the judges always give a 10 for presentation. There should be some basic requirements like certain angles and adequate lighting. Some of these wigs don't have shots of the back and it makes me think they are trying to hide something.
>>
>>9014934
I like that they made the cage structure inside the wig out of cardboard. (I wasn't sure if it would work since most people seem to make it out of worbla)
>>
Here's the wip for the young gohan
>>
>>9015210
I still feel like the back was a terrible decision. Gohan has some kind of odd angular cut in the back anyway.
>>
>>9012203
this one looks like the work of a elementary school kid being compared to actual senior student work.
the spikes are too long , too thick, too messy. it's just too much. and it appears as she tried to cover her incompetentness by making her wig massy as fuck

I checked her fb and not even her friends like the wig. You can compare it with all the unreasonable compliments she got on her other wigs. now noone dares to even lie about it because it is so obvious she fucked up
>>
>>9015210
>>9015571
shitty and lumpy, this better go
>>
>>9015210
>>9015730
I don't know how they are 2nd in the popularity contest.
>>
>>9015967
probably because they have a lot of followers
>>
>>9015967
because they are writing each of their friends to vote for them. it's always like that so don't bother too much
>>
are there any other WIPs?
was that demanded or did they do it on their own?
>>
>>9016702
Jak cosplay has one for each of their wigs on their youtube. And last year had a specific tutorial challenge so probably not.
>>
>>9015967
because fallenwings gave facebook some money to push her post where she linked the poll. that's why.
she is so cheap
>>
>>9017026
is this even allowed?
>>
>>9017074
Arda doesn't have any rules against it, even though it's scummy. The person who kept winning last year's poll was rigging the numbers too IIRC.

>>9016702
They used to post progress photos for all the entries every round. I don't know why they stopped this year, I like looking at them.
>>
will someone be eliminated in this round when the one who was late with their entry and will have the lowest score but also has immunity?
>>
>>9018541
how to sentence structure
>>
>>9019482
take notes
>>
>>9018541
I'll translate this for you, gulls

>The contestant who submitted their entry late (thus having the lowest score this round) also has immunity. Will someone still be eliminated this round?
>>
>>9018541
>>9019533
it's double elimination, so two are going home besides Toki
>>
>>9012274
That's not really Arda's fault. They were given a wig and told to make a choice. The people who chose to do a fake hairline version of the character chose poorly.
>>
I've been following the Iron Wig competition for a long time, and this is the first time I've felt biased about a wig because of the person wearing it (though I have felt judge-y about people not putting effort into other aspects of their pictures/looks before, but not enough to judge the wigs unfairly). Being a Z-fighter and looking skinny fat is totally out of character, but it's such a petty thing to judge people for in a wig competition, but I wonder if anybody else has that unconscious bias? >>9012205
is my personal favorite because you can't see their body, though, >>9012204
would probably have it if that hairline wasn't such a mess even though OP >>9012202
is a better wig.
But seriously, anybody else having stupid biases that they're having a hard time shaking with this Iron Wig round?
>>
finally all nazis are eliminated
looking forward to the final round
>>
Seems like they removed presentation from the criteria.

>>9012202
Accuracy: 10
Cleanliness: 9.67
Complexity: 9.67
Total: 29.33

>>9012205
Accuracy: 9
Cleanliness: 9
Complexity: 8
Total: 26

>>9012203
Accuracy: 8
Cleanliness: 8.33
Complexity: 9
Total: 25.33
Eliminated.

>>9012204
Accuracy: 7
Cleanliness: 8
Complexity: 8
Total: 23
Eliminated.

>>9013171
Accuracy: 8.69
Cleanliness: 9
Complexity: 9.33
Total: 27

25% tardiness penalty = 20.25

>Toki MMC had immunity from round 3 and will be proceeding to the final round.
>>
>>9022239
ah shit, jak is out? shame, but I guess the gaps were pretty bad

glad banana bunch dropped out as it should've
>>
>>9022239
can't wait for the final round, i hope it's even more insane than saiyan hair
>>
>>9022285
Fascinated Jak got less points than banana bunch? Is it because the model looks like Benedict Cumberbatch? The lines are definitely cleaner than banana bunch /:
>>
>>9022449
Judges didn't like the hairline, I guess.
>>
>>9022449
As much as I hated banana boy I bet the judges had to give more points on accuracy because at least every ugly spike had a reference. fallenwings in general has a problem with being coarse as fuck. but because she can always say she stayed close to the character's reference normal dumb ppl give her credit for that. I think she makes her wigs so big is because she is fat and wants to cover it with her wigs. that makes her wigs so massive and fucked up. at least as far as I could see on her fb page. she deserved to drop out.

jak on the other hand did fuck up in this round because she choose the wrong character and had to do a hairline without a lace. she should have known better. i liked her works so far.

but in the end the ones who deserved it the most are in the final round. I'm glad Toki had immunity because now we can see what these three are capable of
>>
>>9023202
>This much vendetta

It's really no surprise Jak scored so low, the back of her wig looks like complete garbage.
>>
Are there reference pictures anywhere? The younger Gohan wig has them but what about the others?
>>
>>9028175
>>9014934
this one had a figure, but I'm not sure if anyone else posted specific pictures
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.