[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a non-scam cosplay/Jfashion subscription box?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x949) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x949
Will there ever be a non-scam cosplay/Jfashion subscription box?
>>
File: 1462836003672.gif (844 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1462836003672.gif
844 KB, 500x338
No
>>
I started laughing really hard when I got this email. Cause that's some great PR if you can't settle things enough internally to keep an email like this from going out
>>
>>9008576
lol I just got this e-mail too.
>>
>>9008598
Eh. Highly doubt anyone would look at CosBox because of the email and say "I must have this!"
>>
Did cosbox ever claim that arda was a "sponsor" or were they just using their name as a type of product you could get in the box? I mean don't get me wrong, it was still scammy as hell that everyone received something like 40 cents worth of wefts in their box, but.
>>
>>9008612
Even if cosbox just bought arda products to distribute them it makes sense that Arda wouldn't want their name attached in a way that left people disappointed.
>>
cosplay is too expensive and personalized for a cosplay subscription box to be viable.
for jfash, maybe an accessories box would work if you split it into each substyle but anything with items bigger than that would be hard to keep up.
>>
Ioled. Darkain was plugging Cosbox on his page and I knew from that they were a scam.
>>
>>9008576
>check out cosbox site
>the background is a giant .gif of shitty cosplayers dancing

I already have no faith
>>
>>9008576
Why would you ever willing pay a subsription for junk that you had no choice in picking? It's like a blindbox that you can't run from
>>
>>9008697
An actually GOOD concept for a cosplay sub box would be something specifically geared for you to evaluate certain product groups. Like a box that includes a sample pack of worbla, black worbla, thibra, styrene, etc. It's not a "deal" cost-wise, but it means for 15 bucks you get to sample a lot of materials that would normally be a bigger price investment for even the smallest quantity of each, then decide for yourself what you like.

>Thermoplastic box
>Foam box
>Makeup box
>Bodypaint box
>Wig fiber sampler
>Fancy fabric sampler
>>
>>9008741
Isn't this what they were trying to do though? I feel it would be better to just put together saddle boxes and sell them with out a sub so people can just keep ordering them as needed. As a box of samples. That way you can always add products if needed and adjust cost as opposed to just doing it as a one time deal
>>
>>9008785
**sample not saddle
>>
>>9008576
Ahahahaahahaah! Im the one who reported them for selling fake M.A.C brushes and called M.A.C. to report that scam. Now they scammed Arda! Omg, this is priceless!
>>
>>9008741
They kind of do, this coming month is for My Little Pony cosplayers. The issue is that last month was a "ninja" box so Naruto themed...in a subscription box, it's billed automatically. So what if you sign up initially because you want to try the ninja box with no plans of doing MLP or MLP-similar? Getting it month after month is stupid.

>makeup box
They had one of those, like half the products were Wet 'n Wild and glitter, so...
>>
>>9008741
That sounds way to businessy to do for fun
>>
I like how cosbox is too cheap to even include a full tray of $1 eyelashes in their boxes. Instead they cut it down and only include two pairs, which is like 15 cents' worth.
>>
>>9008631
This right here is the exact reason I've been suspicious of Cosbox since the beginning. I'm not even a cosplayer and I know a subscription based service could never work unless you planned your cosplays around what they send because each project has specific needs
>>
Cosbox addressed this on their FB page earlier.
/cosboxsub/ posts/ 980649935365663

The post doesnt seem that professional but I'm not sure how they should have addressed this if they were going to bring it up at all.
>>
>>9010200
>/cosboxsub/ posts/ 980649935365663
You couldve taken a photo
>>
They have claimed that Arda is a sponsor though. Even from the beginning. Even when I was at Anime Expo they were talking about how Arda is a sponsor right next to the Cosplay Photographers area in the arcade room at the end of the convention center. I guess Arda caught wind finally of being told they are constantly a sponsor and 'supporting' a company doesn't mean you put their giant banner on their page.

They have previously given out fake M.A.C. brushes to which I personally contacted M.A.C. to report them. They have given boxes for $30 plus shipping with the total value being less than half the cost of the box. They have put low quality items and samples that are unusable in boxes. I'm assuming the wigs they get won't get to them in time because they will be ordered from China and take 2 month shipping and will be sparse as far as fullness for so you can see the scalp.

These people don't know what they are doing. They are bad at communicating and promote cheap items in their boxes to make a profit from cosplayers who don't know any better. They should shut down.
>>
>>9008806
they supposedly have a contact within Arda, and someone mentioned on Facebook they had some sort of code for Arda that worked so I'm not sure how they scammed them.
>>
>>9010483
Previous boxes.
>>
File: cosbox arda.png (690 KB, 1048x572) Image search: [Google]
cosbox arda.png
690 KB, 1048x572
This is the issue I have with Cosbox's FB post.
Cosbox have come out saying that it isn't confusing, they never explicitly said that the wigs were from Arda and Arda are the ones being misleading.
>It ended up including wig combs, wig heads, t-pins, lots of wig dye, and a bunch more stuff, the total value WITHOUT the wig was over $100. It wasn't listed anywhere, that we are aware of, that the wig would be an Arda wig.

However the promo for the box doesn't advise that the wigs aren't from Arda. Anyone reading the page would assume from the info provided that the wig provided in the box was an Arda wig. To turn around and weasel out by saying "well we never said they WERE Arda wigs!" is dodgy. It smacks of bait-and-switch, which is a legitimate scam.

It may not have been a deliberate decision to promote the box this way and it may have just been an oversight. But there FB explanation which boils down to "boo hoo Arda have been mean to us when we did nothing wrong" is not what a professional company should present to customers.
>>
I think the weirdest thing about this is that it seems to be partially just a chance for the creators to pimp out pictures of their cosplay everywhere. Their sub-par uninteresting cosplay.
>>
>>9010322
>fake MAC brushes
This is just dumb. Why not just say they're including brushes and use cheaper, decent ones instead of knockoffs? Or, hell, say 'One lucky person will be getting a MAC brush!!!' or something. It's hardly worse than their other business practices, and it's not like MAC is some coveted Japanese niche brand they can't get anywhere else.

>>9010938
How can anyone think wig accessories end up costing over $100? You can get everything for a fraction of the price online.
If you're going to have a wig box, do the decent thing and include a fucking wig. Even a kinda shitty eBay one is better than nothing, since I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who bought this shit were complete beginners who thought they'd get their first wig in the box.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.