[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
>previous thread is on autosage
>>8993704

>ask all your CGL related questions here
>>
Unanswered questions from last thread:

>>8995153
>>8995706
>>8995868
>>8999208
>>8999532
>>9004779
>>9004998
>>9005485
>>9008391
>>
I can't find much information on raised detailing with sintra, but I seem to be having some troubles with my Silas cosplay for Fire Emblem: Fates/if. This is also my first time working with the material and I picked a difficult project for my first time but luckily it's working out, failing a lot but learning a lot.

Does brand of sintra matter? I seem to overheat/curl often on small detailing bits, could be that I'm impatient or my heat gun is disturbing heat unevenly (using low settings) I also seem to have problems getting it flush to the base piece
I also see that people glue the detailed bits first before forming, but I have a lot of curves in the armor so I wanted to avoid that since the diameter/length would change so I form then add the detialed bits and form on top of it.

How do you fill the seams for small detailed parts? I know bondo works well for big seams (eg. darts) but for small parts can I use bondo as well too? I'm not sure how well it can apply to small cracks. I've heard spot putty can work well from what I've researched online

I posted my progress pics on imgur in the following link

http://imgur.com/a/KfL2O
>>
>>
>>9008596
>>
>>9008596
>>
>>8995868

It depends on the hero? Places like RPC Studio have some great suits, but they can be pricey and they don't have every hero.
>>
Reposting

Does anyone know of a good tutorial/some guidelines for crossplay (fem>male) makeup? I know there are dozens out there, but I don't want to look like trash, so just if anyone has one that they'd recommend. The character Im cosplaying is in his early teens, btw.
>>
Does this style have a label or name? I found this picture while looking up lolita fashion things but I know this isn't lolita.
>>
>>9008681
its called ita
>>
>>9008684
Beat me to it
>>
File: 031.gif (498 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
031.gif
498 KB, 500x270
>>9008684
>>9008686
I wouldn't call it lolita or wear it as lolita. I just thought the top/skirt were cute together, asie from the tacked on lolita shoes.

>mfw all the salt
>>
>>9008691
You have shit taste, obviously
>>
File: 39659.jpg (89 KB, 739x289) Image search: [Google]
39659.jpg
89 KB, 739x289
>>9008692
>>
>>9008391
could use a simpler method of connecting stuff, such as using wires with crocodile clips or a breadboard (though I'm not sure how you'd keep the electronics poking out safe)
I know there are also multicolour ones sold in strips with cool wireless colour connectors, I'll check the brand name for you tomorrow but it's probably from Euro so sorry if you're from murica

>>9008681
some kind of street shit, probably doesn't have any particular name
>>
>>9008681
It looks like a bad attenpt at fairy kei, but as others have said this is obviously cheap ebay trash that a thirteen year old weeb would wear. Being salty has nothing to do with recognizing poorly constructed clothing as well as a lackluster outfit. Try fairy kei in darker colors, but maybe refine your eye a bit before you buy online to avoid the low quality shit
>>
File: 1462414624547-vg.png (84 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
1462414624547-vg.png
84 KB, 480x280
Best way to paint a particular simple design on a T-shirt? I want to copy the red design on Nagito's shirt onto a plain white T, and don't know where to start. Fabric markers seem too inaccurate so I think I'll stencil it somehow. Anyone have any experience with simple cheap printing?
>>
>>9009168
Look up freezer paper fabric paint stencil tutorial.
>>
i want to spend money on a simple(or even intricate i guess) cosplay and have money but no time or willingness to work.

is there any recommended resource to buy pre made trash that i'm only gonna wear 1 weekend? i'm looking at just <$100 usd
>>
>>9008701
colour controllers* is what I meant, durr
anyway the leds used at my school are just labelled 'IPLED', which appears to be a company in the Netherlands. have a look around their page, they have a load of different strips and controllers. might give you some search terms to look at at the least

>>9009254
I guess you could try taobao, but that's mostly for small chinese females so if you're not in that bodytype tough shit
it's very difficult to give any advice about this if you don't tell us even any possibilities of who you might like to try
>>
File: FEF_Takumi_My_Room_Model-1.png (33 KB, 194x142) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Takumi_My_Room_Model-1.png
33 KB, 194x142
possibly a stupid question, but do these knots have a specific name? i think i've seen a tutorial for them (or something similar) in a thread before but i can't find it again
>>
>>9009286
chinese knots!
>>
>>9009286

Apparently its a tassel knot. Japanese/chinese knotting.
>>
>>9009273
hm all right

i still find the idea really novel so i'd really be excited for most things so selection probably won't be an issue

i'm like a 5'8 skeleton male who wants to wear a pretty anime gorl outfit
>>
>>9009319
the crossplay thread at >>8982629 might be able to help but you should find a few sample charas or just drop a few char names to give an idea of what you want to go for
>>
Can anyone give me an estimate yardage of about how much of the darker burgundy color I would need?
>>
>>9009667
absolute metric shit ton
I honestly wouldn't go less than 10m I think, convert yourself. I've never done anything with a larger skirt than a lolita skirt though so
>>
File: image.png (378 KB, 598x598) Image search: [Google]
image.png
378 KB, 598x598
i really need help finding where i can but this damn shirt
i know its from Spank! but i cant find it on their website?? is it only in store?? i translated their captions and they said it was "re stock".....
>>
Is there any good way to spice up an Emiya Shirou cosplaying without making weapon props?
I doubt I'm good enough to make good looking props.

I was thinking of some magic circuits using LEDs but I doubt I can get it bright enough to be noticeable
>>
File: lacus-clyne-1.gif (55 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
lacus-clyne-1.gif
55 KB, 456x600
I'm making this outfit for Lacus and I'm not sure what to use for the top. I'm using a satin for the purple skirts.
>>
File: somebody save me.png (1 MB, 925x548) Image search: [Google]
somebody save me.png
1 MB, 925x548
Has anyone experienced any yellow discolouration on older white wigs? I pulled one out of storage that I was planning to use and parts of it are slightly more yellowy than other parts. For comparison, the one on the left is a newer white wig and the one on the right is the older one. The pic doesn't do it justice but it's this gross neon yellow colour. Is it possible to get rid of the yellow?
>>
>>9009168
I don't see why fabric paint/marker wouldn't work honestly. I did pic related as a test run for my own marker and I think I could do that. It looks faded because it's been washed multiple times and I use it as a cleaning rag. The head of the marker is pretty versatile if you're careful with how much pressure you put on it. I hear acrylic paint works as well but I've never tried.
>>
Can I have some /cgl/ approved makeup tutorials? I know from the bad makeup threads that a lot of supposed makeup tutorials are actually awful.
>>
>>9010396
>>8993518
>>
File: todd.jpg (45 KB, 950x514) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
45 KB, 950x514
My wig is just about done, but I still need to cut up the bangs.

I need them to be similar to the ones in the image, and right now the wig looks like a bowl cut or something. How should I cut it?
>>
>>9010438
Cut vertically, not horizontally, and then clean it up with a razor comb.
>>
File: 1458873933697.gif (965 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1458873933697.gif
965 KB, 500x489
>>9010449

Thanks! I'm still new to this so I would have just sat here looking like a fool without even trying a vertical cut, haha
>>
>>9010138
It's possible (think of white plastic shells of appliances and toys that have turned yellow with UV and time). There is nothing really to turn it back to white since the plastic fibers themselves have degraded at a molecular level. I mean, you can try to "color" it white or throw talc powder on it, but it'd be cheaper and easier and better-looking to simply get a new wig.
>>
>>9009667
7-10 yds? It'll depend on scaling/proportioning the costume to yourself/the wearer and how much ruching you want to do.
>>
>>9010525
I was thinking the same thing and hoping I was wrong. Fuck. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9010530
Sorry, anon. It doesn't sound like you stored it improperly (exposure to direct or indirect sunlight), so the fibers of the wig were probably of poor quality to start with to yellow so quickly.
>>
>>9010135
cotton sateen maybe? The matte will balance out the shine of the skirt fabric. The stiffness will also help for the collar part but you'll need some good interfacing to make it hold it's shape like that.
>>
I want to start making my own wristcuffs but I want to make sure that I get some good quality lace, does anyone have some personal recommendations?
>>
>>9008531
Is there a skype group for /cgl/? just wonderin
>>
does anyone have any experience sewing with gutermann's sulky thread? i've been trying to do some decorative topstitching with it and the thread keeps splitting and snapping in my machine, i've tried everything i can think of and it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>9011059
That thread is crap for top stitching. I only use it in my embroidery machine. It breaks so easily. Get some dedicated top stitching thread and look into vertical spool holders for your machine. (My machine came with an attachment for vertical spool placement, but idk about yours.)
>>
Since I don't really have the tools or space to make a particular cosplay weapon, where would you guys recommend commissioning it from? I'm sure that there are sites for this sort of thing, but I don't know what they would be. Cosplay.com's commission contact list looks like it hasn't been update in years.
>>
what ss can i use to shop from online stores in Japan? thats trustworthy haha
>>
>>9011501
Fucking really?
>>
>>9011521
yes faggot
>>
File: emmcream.gif (512 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
emmcream.gif
512 KB, 245x138
I've used so much Bondo, and sanded so much, and there's still crevices in my sword.

Should I just start applying Pastidip and hope for the best?
>>
>>9011592
Update: Never using bondo again.

What can I use to fix this shit? It's horrible!
>>
File: 1436557980559.jpg (28 KB, 335x333) Image search: [Google]
1436557980559.jpg
28 KB, 335x333
I'm a tall guy, average build and I'm in need of some cosplay ideas. Too lazy to make my own thread.
>>
>>9011689
You're not supposed to make your own thread anyway. There's the cosplay suggestion thread: >>8919260 Good luck!
>>
>>9011501
Tenso, Noppin, From Japan, etc
>>
>>9011672
There must be some kind of clay or whatever.
>>
File: WHERE CAN I FIND THIS MASK.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WHERE CAN I FIND THIS MASK.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
Guys i need help finding a GOOD looking skull mask with a jaw that moves while i talk.

I found this one on Amazon but apparently it's out of stock EVERYWHERE.

I am going to cosplay for the first time ever and it's going to be Golden Bat, please i need help.
>>
>>9011672
Spackle is your friend.
>>
File: 13245249965_n.jpg (16 KB, 217x395) Image search: [Google]
13245249965_n.jpg
16 KB, 217x395
What is a good way to cover up and hide these edges?
I was thinking wood filler.
>>
>>9011789
And that'll go on smooth? Not like this wrinkly Bondo?

God please, this is such a nightmare.
>>
I'm working with some of that 4-way stretch fabric from the Yaya Han collection.
How do you keep the edges of the fabric from rolling up? Can I just flatten them under some books or should I iron them down or what?
>>
>>9008625
I don't have any tutorials on-hand, but from personal experience:
>basic concealer/foundation
>contouring, work on your cheekbones and jawline. I personally think the jaw is the key to making you look more masculine
>fill your eyebrows a little lower than they naturally are, also don't do a big arch
>a little bit of eyeliner just to make your eyes stand out, but keep it subtle
>make your lips a little less pink, but don't make them the same color as your skin, that looks weird
>>
>>9011853
I try to work with knits as fast as possible after I buy it due to the rolling hems problem.

If the fabric can be ironed, try gently ironing the hems and they'll flatten out for a little while. If you have time and patience, overcast stitch the raw hems, then iron. The stitching will help hold the flatness. Another method is to use stay tape or a similar stabilizer on the raw edges, inside of the seam allowances (stitch or iron-on according to manufacturer's instructions). I believe there is wash-away types of this stuff as well
>>
File: 243532532453245.jpg (39 KB, 620x415) Image search: [Google]
243532532453245.jpg
39 KB, 620x415
>>9011763

It appears Specter Studios (The place that produced the masks) shutdown. So these masks are really hard to find now.

Any of you guys know of any good looking overhead skull masks anywhere? Please.
>>
File: FEzqkBA.jpg (426 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
FEzqkBA.jpg
426 KB, 2560x1600
Attempting Reaper.
Pretty confident about the cape, and figure I'll just worbla or maybe even EVA foam for the shoes??

But what do you guys recommend for the vest? I'm extremely inexperienced in that area of sports/practical-looking clothing.

Also, what suggest you for the mask? A resin cast seems best, but I lack funding for that.
>>
>>9011912
Red Nebula cosplay on Etsy makes some amazing masks, and they have a few skulls. Just shoot the guy a message and I'm sure he can help you out
>>
>>9011964

Thanks for answering.
It seems they don't have full overhead masks...
Do you know of anybody else?
>>
>>9011811
No, it's just like Bondo. I think? Maybe less brittle.
>>
File: gh asia class uniform.jpg (137 KB, 474x540) Image search: [Google]
gh asia class uniform.jpg
137 KB, 474x540
What would be a good pattern for this uniform?
>>
>>9011694
thanks!
>>
>>9011811
It's a lot lighter, easier to sand, easier to damage but you're coating it with glue anyways. Have a bit of water beside you and it'll help smooth it quite a bit.
>>
(Reposting this from the lolita general).

I got a Dreamholic wig shipped via EMS from China to the U.S, which usually takes ~3-4 days for me. It's been stuck on "Leave Qingdao to New York Kennedy Airport (transit)" since the 15th. (It shipped on the 12th)

USPS's tracking is screwed up, as well, and says it hasn't even been shipped. Who can I call about this, to check on it's status? I asked the seller to see if they could check into it for me with EMS, but they haven't answered yet. Seriously hoping it hasn't been seized for god knows why.
>>
>>9012227
>you're coating it with glue anyways
I was just gonna spray on Plastidip? Does that count?

Thanks for the advice. I really don't know anything.
>>
>>9008531
Does anyone have a pdf copy of this book?
>>
>>9012253
Doesn't that just cost $2 or something?
>>
Any tips for applying white face paint without the cakiness/excess product? I only have the crappy white face paint in a tube that you can find from Walmart or Halloween stores. It streaks so easily, even with a sponge, and I feel like I have to apply a shit ton in order for it to look white without my skin tone showing through.
>>
>>9012260
Go to Joann Fabrics/Michaels and get some Snazaroo. Its cheap and it will suck less. Wet a sponge, tap/stipple to apply. Build to the coverage you want, wait for the paint to dry in between coats.

For better results, get some Wolfe (Amazon), Mehron (the internet), Kryolan, or literally any professional brand.
>>
File: avdol-face-a.png (81 KB, 245x228) Image search: [Google]
avdol-face-a.png
81 KB, 245x228
Yo /cgl/s, having some trouble with Avdol's hair. any suggestions?
>>
>>9012236
Not familiar with that shop, but in my experience of buying from China, it always takes a while to show up in the US. Usually up to 2 weeks, unless you paid for faster shipping.
>>
>>9012314
shave yourself, then take the caps from a dozen sharpies/dry erase markers and glue them to your head
>>
What would be a decent material to start working on a set of horns? I'm thinking a wire/mache with wonder/styrene on top of the finished product? Or cardboard idk.
Also, what should I use to blend a prosthetic in with my skin/makeup?
>>
>>9012361
>Buy brown play doh and a pasta strainer
>cut holes in strainer
>roll play doh into cylinder and the dry them
>insert play doh into strainers

Eh, you'll look a dumbass either way
>>
Where do you normally buy eva foam in the US? Is Home Depot a good option?
>>
What's the minimum amount of makeup a male cosplayer should wear? Also any links to good beginner tutorials would be appreciated because I have no clue about this stuff
>>
>>9012550
I don't think gender matters when it comes to a minimum. A good foundation/concealer and you're good to go since fictional characters almost always have flawless skin even when it's "flawed". I would recommend some light eye liner and eye shadow (not goth heavy) for more effective eyes. Pic related for example.
>>
File: Tomylovelyglutton.jpg (167 KB, 726x649) Image search: [Google]
Tomylovelyglutton.jpg
167 KB, 726x649
I would be so grateful if someone here could give me the bust measurement of their To my lovely glutton JSK. R-series page says it stretches to 100cm but qutieland says it only goes to 94cm
>>
File: Silvershoes.jpg (51 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
Silvershoes.jpg
51 KB, 560x420
Anyone have ideas for how I could make similar shoes with a small budget? Shoes are not my strong point, and I don't want to pay a fortune for these.
>>
>>9012431
Depends on what thickness you need
>>
>>9012735
You can either find a pair of plain ankle boots and paint them (I recommend floral paint and/or Leather Studio) or make covers
>>
File: 1454579172104.jpg (21 KB, 152x224) Image search: [Google]
1454579172104.jpg
21 KB, 152x224
>>9012361
>>9012391
Thanks, I guess... well I've got a couple ideas swimming around though.
>>
>>9012857
Haha sorry anon.
I'd help but that seems like something natural hair might work better for.
Maybe you can get a dark bald-cap and make little peg-things to stick on it.
>>
File: hero-cha1.png (74 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
hero-cha1.png
74 KB, 640x452
Will be attempting Eraserhead from HeroAca. I've never styled a long wig before so I was wondering if Arda's Jareth classic would work well for that. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
>>
>>9011592
>>9011672
>>9012252
dude. I really hope you're not the same person from the last thread. Why don't you post pictures so we can see what the fuck you're doing instead of wasting time, material, and board space with your whining?

>>9011803
Joint compound and/or spackle
>>
>>9012857
I'm cosplaying avdol too, anon and I saw that shit and bought a straight wig because I cannot fuck with that hair. Good luck to you, I hope you can figure it out.
>>
>>9012675
can't help you but holy shit that is an unfortunate name

>>9012915
I almost feel like one of those shitty low quality ebay wigs could work here so you could easily frizz it up

>>9012314
bald cap covered by a turban or a turbanscarfy thing, which has nail polish bottle caps glued to it??

sage for trash suggestions, sorry
>>
I need 2 kinds of stickers I can stick onto a shirt.

One is a white square, maybe palm sized
Other is black circle, also around that size
Would prefer them to be paper

Any ideas? Michael's? CVS? Target? Or something?
>>
Etiquette question: is there someplace else that I should be asking >>9011201 instead? I have asked it in a couple of different Help threads thus far, and never gotten a response. It seems unlikely to me that no one on /cgl/ has EVER commissioned a weapon before instead of making it themselves, so is there some other thread I am supposed to be in instead?
>>
>>9013091
if you have a printer print them yourself on adhesive paper, or look into appliques/iron on shit

>>9013113
commissions are pretty rare and it seems that not many people have experience with them here, I haven't gotten answers for something about commishes I've been asking every once in a while for 3-4 months. sorry mang
>>
>>9013241

Hmmmm, strange. I would have thought they would be a fairly common occurrence.

Thanks for the realtalk.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 540x264) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 540x264
How should I make Uraraka's shoes? I was originally going to just make shoe covers but the bottom of her shoes don't look like normal ones.
>>
>>9011789
Thank you! My sword looks mad smooth now.

I think it's ready for Plastidip and paint.
>>
So I know sock glue is water-soluble, so how well does it hold up with sweat? I'm going to an electronic music show and need to keep my socks up while dancing and am worried about sweating off sock glue
>>
>>9012550
I like to see subtle contouring on face and eyes to make your facial features more resemble the character. But that's my personal preference for guys and gals. I watch Kandee Johnson's and Promise Phan's videos because they contour their facial features to more resemble other people in their transformation videos. This could easily be adapted to male cosplay without looking 'overdone'.

A light layer of sheer foundation or BB cream to perfect the skin and some liner to define eyes would be my minimum though.
>>
>>9013832
You generally don't sweat through your thighs or legs. Unless you're sock-gluing stuff to your face, back, palms, armpits, or soles of your feet, you'll be fine.

Now if you're sweating so much that the sweat pours down your back and butt and drench your thighs, I think you have other issues on hand...
>>
>>9013832
I've worn stockings to a concert in the summertime once.
2 hours waiting in the evening sun + 3-4 hours of the concert and they didn't slide down.
>>
File: 1445140275681.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445140275681.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>9013776
>>
File: Wario.jpg (229 KB, 1690x937) Image search: [Google]
Wario.jpg
229 KB, 1690x937
Trying to make a Wario helmet. Can't find a good half-helmet to use as the base. Any gen. advice?
>>
Help! My comm is bullying me!
>ghetto ass bitchz in genreal, but
>Bodyline fags constantly accusing me of wearing replicas
>Got sick of there shit, called a girl out publicly, nearly got in a fight at a meet, wigs were thrown
>and so was shade
>To scared to show up to another meet, fb been dead silence since
>watdo
>>
>>9013972
have you considered making one? a dome like that shouldn't be too difficult to make
>>
>>9013986
>nearly got in a fight at a meet, wigs were thrown

Pretty hardcore lolis.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 576x864
Any ideas how to do those little 'wings' on the heels for kancolle cosplay? It looks like this cosplayer just glued them on but I was wondering if there are any alternative ways to make them removable? Velcro?
>>
>>9014133
why do you want to make them removable? if you used velcro, you'd have to glue the velcro on anyway. as long as you can store them well it'd be best to glue them on, i think
>>
>>9014141
There is a stick-on velcro
>>
>>9011041
>recommendations for places to buy good lace
seconding this request
>>
>>9012314
>>9012857
There was this ponytail tutorial swimming around ages ago that you could try incorporating into the wig. I can't find it but it involved making a stiff stub of wig hair (with glue or something else to harden it I think), and then wrapping wefts around the stub to form the ponytail. Obviously you don't need a full pony tail and you need a bunch of little sharpie marker things on your wig, but it would probably work the same. The rest is hairspray and glue for keeping the rings on. Sorry if this makes no sense.
>>
>>9008681
circa 2012 hot topic
>>
>>9011803
Honestly, cleaner cuts. Spend more time next time but for now id say joint compound.
>>
File: 5010591005624_01c.jpg (198 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
5010591005624_01c.jpg
198 KB, 2000x2000
I really need some help, and google isn't giving me anything!

I'm using contact adhesive to glue fabric to foam for armour, but I'm having trouble with the adhesive. It's really really sticky and gunky and hard to spread evenly. It's like really stiff honey.

Is trying to water it down a bad idea? Or should I be using a different glue?
>>
>>9014911
Sounds like your glue container wasn't shut properly. I've had that happen and at that point it's just best to cut your losses and get a new can.

If this was a new can, try a different brand? It's thick stuff, but I wouldn't describe it as gunky, so it sounds off.
>>
File: image.gif (21 KB, 375x750) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
21 KB, 375x750
Hey guys, this might be a silly question, but what's the size limit for Lolita? Is there an ideal weight for this kind of thing?

I'm 5'4 and 115lbs, but after researching for a while and looking at inspo, I've noticed that most of the best girls are usually very petite

I mean, I'm not overweight or anything, but my hips, thighs, and butt are on the chunky side because I don't carry it evenly

I just don't want to look frumpy and end up in an ita thread because my body looks weird honestly. Anyone have any opinions on this kind of thing?
>>
>>9014912
Thanks for the reply! It was a new can, but the lid wasn't on it evenly. Unfortunately they don't seem to have any other brands in my local stores.

It looked normal inside the can, but it goes onto the foam gunky. I've tried applying it with both a palette knife and a brush. I guess I can go back to the store and ask them about it.
>>
>>9014911
Get a paint stick, stir it up and seal the can again in a place with room temperature. It should be usable again by the next day.
>>
>>9014956
Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
>>9014926
Is this a humble brag?
>>
>>9014929
Check Evil Ted Smith on Youtuibe, he uses the stuff a lot. If your glue looks the consistency of his, it's good.
>>
>>9014926
Oh noooo everything that's wrong with your body is totally coveredddd. How inconvenient for you
>>
>>9014926
The size limit is whatever the measurements of a dress are.
You sound like you'd be fine, maybe nearing the maximum at the most. You'll be fine.
>>
>>9014926
>Ideal
The average Japanese adult female size M, which is about 156-158cm (5'1"-5'2"), 50kg-52kg (110-115lbs)
>>
File: galko.jpg (375 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
galko.jpg
375 KB, 500x421
Any good tutorials for bra stuffing for this monster? I'm a C cup and would like to get to about a DD or an E for her.

Also- anyone have a glue to suggest for using for gluing primed, painted, and sealed worbla to vinyl/pleather? Neither hot glue nor contact cement works as expected. I was thinking maybe of trying E6000 but I'm not sure.
>>
>>9014980
Are you a dude?
I'm glad you can go to the Big and Tall store and get jorts in whatever size you want, but when you play the Asian clothing game you're at the mercy of whatever sizes they make THEIR clothes in. (i.e. "way smaller than you")
>>
File: tumblr_np7gih2K9u1rs98sso1_250.jpg (30 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np7gih2K9u1rs98sso1_250.jpg
30 KB, 250x336
Any tips on how to keep a headpiece secured? I'm trying to fix up my marie cosplay and when i wore it to my last con, the headpiece was very unstable. It's not really heavy at all, i just don't know how to permanently secure it to the back of my wig and ive looked around online for tips but im at a loss.

i had it pinned to the inside of the wig cap and it'll stay on for a little while but moving around loosens it so it gets a bit tedious reattaching it every ten minutes. thanks to anyone who can help. its not a huge issue, just curious if theres a trick.

for reference, its the tentacle bow on the back of her head!
>>
>>9015242
You can't just sew it to the wig?

If it's more of a solid substance you could maybe look at how homestucks attatch horns to their wigs without headbands. Or maybe try sewing a hair clip to it if you need the wig for other things.
>>
>>9015222
Not that anon, but
>my hips, thighs, and butt are on the chunky side because I don't carry it evenly
Are you aware that lolita dresses are poofy enough to cover this area? That's what they were referring to.
>>
As a matter of personal preference, if you were going to see a punpun cosplay, which version would you want to see most?
>>
>>9015323
I feel like the three eyeball one is done a lot. It would be cute to see someone run around as a giant kid punpun
>>
File: 4HDfjYS.jpg (70 KB, 614x817) Image search: [Google]
4HDfjYS.jpg
70 KB, 614x817
What would you all suggest in terms of finishing this Monster Hunter weapon? At the moment, it's cardstock. My end goal would be something along the lines of this

http://img11.deviantart.net/aabf/i/2013/315/d/2/afa_singapore_2013__jinouga_armor_2_by_dragonicheaven-d6tuetk.jpg
>>
>>9015323
Young punpun, back when he still had dreams
>>
File: tionishia_50483.jpg (39 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
tionishia_50483.jpg
39 KB, 300x416
want to cosplay tio.
I have no idea what to do for the horn.
>>
>>9015508
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4D-5cZRJFs
>>
>>9015512
thank you so much!
>>
>>9015476
Does it have a dowel on the inside or any other type of support?
>>
>>9015529
Nope, but I can pretty easily reinforce it, that's not too much of a worry
>>
>>9015476
I'm thinking of coating the outside in worbla/wonderflex after reinforcing it, then shaping that to my needs before painting it. I'm pretty confident in my ability to paint at this point, it's just getting something weird like this into shape is new to me
>>
I've been using 18 gauge wire because I know it keeps its shape well and still fits in a bread board, but it's awful hard to work with and its thickness means it takes up a bit more space than I feel it needs to, does anyone know if 20 or 22 gauge still keeps its shape well under the weight of an LED?
I suppose if all else fails and it's not very sturdy I could just tape it all together to keep its shape, but another thing I'm worried about is the ends of wires slipping out and losing connection with the board; does anyone know if it stays in place well?
I have bad experience with 26-28 gauge wires being way too flimsy but I'm looking for something easier to work with
>>
>>9012314
If you want a more hair-textured look you could try felting wool. The cylinders wouldn't be too hard if you don't mind a bit softer edges. The base I'm not so sure about.
>>
>>9014980
>>9014974

M issue is mainly petticoats and that my calves don't look slim either. My lower body looks legitimately looks like it doesn't fit me.

Like I've said, I'm new to this and haven't even attempted wearing lolita and I don't want to drop a few hundred and look like crap anyway. Yeah, I know the dress COVERS the area, but it wouldn't hide anything.

I guess to be more specific, how would I be able to wear skirts with petticoats without making an a-line look bellshaped? What about elongating your legs?
>>
any advice for mixing dylon machine dyes? can you do it? i've never really dyed anything before and i don't want to fuck it up.
>>
File: cloverhelp.png (2 MB, 1594x1600) Image search: [Google]
cloverhelp.png
2 MB, 1594x1600
Planning to cosplay Clover from 999/Zero Escape, but I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do for the wig considering all of my previous cosplays have had simple wigs. I think maybe one of the two I picked out may work, but I would like some suggestions please.
>>
>>9015782
you seem to not understand how the shape works. unless you have a freak 15kg tumour in your lower body nobody will see anything
>>
>>9015782
your issues are all rhetorical because you haven't even attempted anything yet.
buy a 30 dollar bodyline dress and a cheap petticoat and test it out. we can't predict shit for you
>>
File: clover-cosplay-wig.jpg (27 KB, 280x292) Image search: [Google]
clover-cosplay-wig.jpg
27 KB, 280x292
>>9015832
The Five Wits has a specific wig for Clover.
>>
File: pantpto.jpg (957 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
pantpto.jpg
957 KB, 1200x1200
I'm making a prompto from ffxv cosplay and I'm having problems with some of the patches, some of them are easy to make with denim and heat n bond, some I will def have to have custom made or buy but some, like the rTn one in pic I have no idea on. Should I make a patch in that shape and try to paint draw on the designs? Commission those too? Or teach myself how to embroider?
>>
Where do gulls like to wear their Lolita? I'm thinking of strolling the mall and a park once I finish putting together my first coord

What do you guys think of small Afros with Lolita?
>>
File: Diego_jojoeoh.jpg (233 KB, 450x1024) Image search: [Google]
Diego_jojoeoh.jpg
233 KB, 450x1024
I ordered a pair of shingeki no kyoyin boots but they have taken an eternity to arrive. They're for Diego Brando cosplay, Where could i find similar boots in men's size? Are there any websites that don't send them from china?
>>
So I'm attaching a worbla armband to a non-worbla pauldron to keep it held up. The problem is that the epoxy I tried didn't adhere to the worbla parts at all and the pieces separated almost instantly. And yes I let the pieces cure for 24hours. I'm now trying E6000 instead, but incase that doesn't work what should I try next? I'm leaving for the airport in three days so something that cures quickly would be awesome.
>>
>>9016044
>Where do gulls like to wear their Lolita?
Just about anywhere, really. I have some "special" pieces that I save for specific occasions like meetups etc. but I wear it daily as well.
>What do you guys think of small Afros with Lolita?
Like most other hair styles, I think afros in lolita are absolutely adorable when styled and accessorized well. How small are we talking? Do you have an example pic?
>>
First time making foam armor. Everything seems to be going okay, but I'm not sure I'm using the plasti dip right, or maybe it's expired or something. Every time I use it, my armor gets this rough, stippled texture. Does plasti dip not go on smooth or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>9015832
Please don't use those wigs. The colour is way too red. >>9015865 is much a better alternative.
>>
>>9015535
that sounds like a really good way to destroy your sanity and waste expensive material. I'm assuming your card stock piece is the final shape, so adding worbla is only going to thicken it and make it look disproportionate. Just take any resin, urethane, polyester, whatever, and give the thing a couple coats. The resin will soak into the paper making it hard while maintaining shape. Any drips or the like can be sanded off.

>>9016206
Could be one or a combination of things.
If you're using the stuff out of the rattle can, shake the ever living shit out of it. Once you think you're done shaking it, shake it a little bit more.
Don't spray too close and don't spray too much. You should go for multiple (4-10) thin coats rather than a couple of thick coats. If by stippled you mean divots, this is probably it. If it's too thick, air bubbles that pop after the plasti dip has started to cure will leave divots.

If you're using the still stuff, same thing. Give it a decent stir, not as much as you would the rattle can as to not introduce too much air. Do several thin coats rather than a couple of thick ones.
>>
>>9015533
I second the notion you should shove a dowel or stick or something in there.

Also, any process pics? I'd appreciate seeing them in like an imgur album or something.
>>
File: e46[1].gif (577 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
e46[1].gif
577 KB, 500x281
I want to make giant anime tits
they must feel squishy and have that laughable gravity defying bounce- which prostetic tits don't have. I don't even know where to start.
>>
File: Killer_Explains_Ox_Bell.png (661 KB, 1048x723) Image search: [Google]
Killer_Explains_Ox_Bell.png
661 KB, 1048x723
So what are the cut out shapes for this helmet? It's sort of shaped like a daft punk helmet. I know I'll probably need to cut out two parts to act as each vertical half and glue them together. It's a matter of knowing what the shape for this will be. Measurements are welcome, too, in case I want to scale up and down.
>>
>>9016286
Water balloons. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>9016286
Make two bags out of nylon or lycra, then fill them with small plastic beads/sand or urethane rubber (like a gel mousepad). Will probably be really fucking heavy.
>>
>>9016306
Look up Evil Ted on YouTube. He has a helmet tutorial that can help you. Just modify his pattern to fit your needs.
>>
>>9016322
Thanks a bunch
>>
>>9016279
Sadly, the cardstock is not quite the final shape.

I grabbed and edited the model from here: http://www.techdollogic.com/jin.jpg

Only problem is that it lacks a lot of detail in comparison to the in-game model from the HD version: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/6/60/MH3U-Dual_Blades_Render_028.png/revision/latest?cb=20140309051603

Like, the handle/guard are actually extremely on point, finishing that is no problem. The kinda backbone of the piece isn't too hard either, it's the scale-like spikes that make up the blade. Now that I think of it, I might just overlay thin craft foam for that part. I'd lay it over the white bits in this image, and line it up so that it's flush with the dark grey bits: http://i.imgur.com/JrkjIzM.png

Thanks for the help so far! Also, I'll probably jam a dowel into it for reinforcement
>>
File: tights.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tights.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
This is probably an extremely newbie question, but is there a way to lighten the color of tights somehow? Such as using bleach or something? Pic related, they're about this color, and my body paint is a lighter shade of aqua.
I'm using them for armsocks and they're just a shade darker than the body paint I'm using.

If not, how do I AT LEAST wash them? Are they okay to go in the wash, even if I have nails attached to them? Or should I play it safe and hand was them?
>>
>>9016752
bleach will ruin it, and nails are likely to come off in machine wash. without nails wash in a garment bag, 30C on gentle cycle, with nails I'd go for handwash because gluing them back would be shit hard
>>
>>9016752
The only way I can think of "lightening" tights would be to stretch them further, ie. sewing the toe a couple inches higher.
But you risk ripping them.
>>
>>9016752
It might be easier to darken the bodypaint in that case.
>>
>>9011921
EVA foam for vest, use the rough side for the texture.
>>
>>9016181
Look for Jackboots or riding boots, since that's what they look like to me. Prices will vary, with Jackboots being leather majority of the time, but expensive. Riding boots can vary in price, but you should find something that works, maybe even check etsy for second hand boots you can polish up after getting them while saving some money.
>>
Does anyone have any tips for concealing arm hair, aside from shaving? I'm not opposed to it if that's what I have to do in the end, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any methods to conceal (or bleach if that's viable) dark hairs against light skin. Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question, I just have very limited experience with make up, and wasn't sure if there's even a product out there for this sort of thing.
>>
>>9017327
just shave it
>>
File: sw.jpg (95 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
95 KB, 500x714
doing a schwarzwald cosplay for mega, i have everything done, but i have no idea how to make his head pointy. I'm using furniture foam and then I'm going to cover it in stained cheese cloth.
>>
File: Tuning.Magician.full.1958143.jpg (1 MB, 997x995) Image search: [Google]
Tuning.Magician.full.1958143.jpg
1 MB, 997x995
Any idea on how to make Tuning Magician's shorts? It's a jumpsuit which I'm skilled enough to make, I'm just not sure what the best way to go about making the shorts would be. I was looking into pumpkin pants tutorials, but I'm making her outfit from pleather, and wouldn't be able to put gathers in because of it, as well as there not being any on her design.
>>
>>9017327
You can flatten the hairs down with hairspray and cover it in heavy makeup, or maybe use arm stockings

But really, shaving is your best bet. It'll grow back in a week or two.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 385x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 385x715
Want to cosplay Elias in the future, but have never made anything like his bone head before. Could someone point me in the right direction; maybe a tutorial, or just material suggestion for what would look good? I'm basically starting from zero idea of what to do.
>>
File: wolfskull.jpg (8 KB, 350x219) Image search: [Google]
wolfskull.jpg
8 KB, 350x219
>>9017461
So because I care way too much about skull shit, I looked into this character. His skull looks kind of like a simplified wolf skull but with horns.You could add horns to something like this base (If you're willing to shell it out):
>https://www.etsy.com/listing/188089051/standard-bone-skeletal-k9-resin-head

Good luck!
>>
File: UzukiG4U1A.jpg (114 KB, 720x1234) Image search: [Google]
UzukiG4U1A.jpg
114 KB, 720x1234
Having some trouble drafting the bottom part of the bodice. Any ideas to make it keep its shape and poof out like that? Maybe modify a circle skirt?
>>
Does anyone know if "Cosplayfly" is nice enough for me to order a couple of things? It looks professional enough, but still, something is off.

And if there's a reason why I'm asking instead of searching for another website, it's because after a week of research they are the only ones who sell these couple of accessories I need for my cosplay.
>>
ok, super newbie question but I'm making a dress, and I'm having some issues with the upper part. What's a good pattern/way to cut the fabric so it's the most formfitting? Should the front part be cut in 3 vertical strips? Should I fold it around the boobs?
>>
>>9017519
What kind of dress? Why aren't you using a pattern already, if you don't know how to draft a pattern?
>>
>>9017519
Google 'darts'. You can search up other methods to fit a pattern to your measurements.
>>
>>9017519
Usually when you need to make a fitted top more fitting, you add darts.
https://blog.colettehq.com/tutorials/tutorial-sewing-darts

You can add two of the diamond looking darts at the back. Now you might not have to make it as big of a dart as in the pictures, but that just depends on how loose fitting your dress is at the moment.
>>
Anyone know where I can buy a good Bayonetta cosplay?
>>
>>9017527
I can't seem to find an appropriate pattern, but I'm most probably not googling the right things.
>>9017529
>>9017532
Thank you, I'll look into darts!
>>
>>9017541
make one pleb
>>
>>9015245
ah thank you! late response but i decided to sew in some clips to the headpiece and it holds onto the wig perfectly. not sure how i didnt think of it before but thank you anon!
>>
>>9017485
Oh that's way less expensive than one of the pieces I was looking at earlier! Thanks! I'd love to try making it for fun, but I also know my skills are lacking, so buying it and doing small modifications would be awesome.
>>
Anyone have experience getting makeup out of wigs? I blocked out my eyebrows with some concealer and it rubbed off a bit on the bangs.I tried rubbing alcohol and water and Neither made much of a difference. Any guesses? The only other thing I can think of is maybe some liquid eye makeup remover.
>>
File: Gun.jpg (326 KB, 1500x1380) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
326 KB, 1500x1380
I'm planning a Soldier 76 cosplay for sometime in the near future, but I never made any props that weren't swords or fantasy armor.

I have an old Nerf like pic related lying around. Do you guys think I could somehow turn it into 76's rifle? Any specific materials I should use? I only ever worked with wood and EVA foam.
>>
File: 16390j.jpg (51 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
16390j.jpg
51 KB, 400x600
I want to make a vault dweller costume like this guy. Is there a word for those leather pouches he has around his belt? Can I buy them anywhere (cheaper the better) or is there a simple way of making them?
>>
>>9017748
Make them with craft foam, paint accordingly
>>
>>9017737
Honestly I'd say get a big block of that insulation foam, you can buy it at pretty much any big home improvement store, and carve it out. the nerf gun wouldn't be an awful choice but everyone would know it's a nerf gun.
>>
>>9017751
But then he can go "YOU JUST GOT NERFED" and "YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT"
>>
>>9017786
fucking fantastic point, nevermind my post.
>>
File: Character_tj.jpg (48 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
Character_tj.jpg
48 KB, 400x567
>planning to cosplay TJ from Recess this year at AX
>put a red hat, a green bomber jacket, a dodgeball and red Chuck Taylors on my cosplay list
>forgot about the ungodly AX weather

Should I hold off on this one until at least until ALA or is the cosplay bearable in the summer heatwave?
>>
Does anyone have a high resolution vector of the osomatsu sextuplets symbol? I haven't been able to find one that doesn't pixelate when I expand it
>>
>>9017382
>i have no idea how to make his head pointy.
next sentence is an idea on how to make his head pointy. C'mon, anon.

Seriously though, that's a solid idea, except I would use muslin over cheesecloth since the latter is pretty "transparent".
>>
>>9017835
Depends on your personal heat tolerance. Also refrain from going outside as much as you can.

>>9017858
Do you have/know someone who has Photoshop? It might be easier to make your own, since it's a simple shape.

>>9017736
If you didn't dye the wig, using makeup remover should be just fine.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-22+at+08.42.07).png (801 KB, 774x597) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-22+at+08.42.07).png
801 KB, 774x597
>>9008547
>>9005485
if you just want the circuit and don't care how you get it you could always buy like some toy or light, break it, then take what you need out of it; for a project a while ago I needed a bright LED strip so I just bought a bike light and hit it with a hammer until I got the LEDs out of it
honestly the best thing you could do would be to find somewhere industrial to buy the individual components since that's the best place you get them cheaply because even if it is a bit of a drive it's definitely worth the value for individual components since normal retailers like Fry's and Radioshack ramp up the prices
the best one I know is right near where I live called Excess Solutions and I bought basically everything I needed to make a blinking circuit for a cosplay I'm trying to make right now for ~$6-$7, for just one led, one power source, and one switch it would cost virtually nothing
also if you really do not want to solder I'd suggest getting a breadboard and a bunch of male-male jumper cables since you can set everything up very quickly and easily and hold everything in with just glue, the only problem is you've have to find somewhere to fit the board in
>>
>>9017492
you could try chicken wire
>>
Hey anons! Looking for a galaxy seifuku that isn't too much money and isn't hiked up to hell and back on Spreepicky?
>>
>>9018038
Bodyline put up some galaxy seifukus but I'm not sure about the quality of them.
http://bodyline.jp/en/costume933.html
>>
>>9018057
Thank you!
>>
>>9016309
is there a link to someone trying this? I'm terrified they would pop
>>
Is 4kigurumi legit?
As in, do they sell the actual products shown, or do they bait and switch with a shoddier version?
There's one I have an eye on that has multiple bootleg variations yet they show the real one.
>>
>>9013632
Maybe do the shoe cover idea and have it slip over the boot heel. For the pink horse shoe shape you could use thin pink foam. It wouldn't impact on walking too much
>>
>>9017860
I meant how to pattern the foam, my bad. I just cant seem to get it into the right shape.
>>
>>9018078
they would dont try it
>>
How do you get rid of boobs for shirtless cosplay?

Is there a method? Is the answer just a flesh tone body stocking?

For ref, here is what i want to cosplay.
I can make it so the cape covers The Area, but if i want to pose all cool and stuff Just that wouldnt work!
(and also, my boobs are pretty small [A])
>>
File: 024823-butcher-039-s-knife.jpg (23 KB, 629x366) Image search: [Google]
024823-butcher-039-s-knife.jpg
23 KB, 629x366
>>9018287
>>
File: 1447254111537.png (29 KB, 139x248) Image search: [Google]
1447254111537.png
29 KB, 139x248
>>9018305
AH SHIT BITCH
>>
>>9018287
I think this an airbrushed bodysuit would work very well in this case since the edges would be covered.
>>
>>9017542
sewing magazines, look at them

or go to your local sewing store and check out the patterns they sell
>>
>>9017941
>photoshop
wrong, illustrator is for vectors

>>9018287
open chest binding is the magic words, look it up

>>9018013
already gave the same answer in >>9008701 buddy
>>
File: Komaeda_design.png (142 KB, 512x360) Image search: [Google]
Komaeda_design.png
142 KB, 512x360
>>9009168
The symbol is pretty roughly painted on his character sheet so I think hand painting looks best. The way I did it was sketching with fabric chalk and then painting by hand
>>
>>9017835
kudos to you for cosplaying from Recess!
>>
>>9018550
The LA summer heat may be a gigantic issue though
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x281
>planning to cosplay as FCLORP Soos at AX
>the boxes and (maybe) the foam should be easy to find
>see the helmet and sword might be a problem
Any adjustments you think should be made (the helmet is weirdly drawn) and how to structure the sword (read: trying to go all cardboard and foam but also trying not to make it limp like a gay man at the Playboy mansion, the hilt might be pipe based)?
>>
>>9018249
well that's different. What have you done so far? If you're using upholstery foam then are you carving it? Maybe opt for thinner sheets and roll it into a cone, add a bit of thick wire to give it that curve?

If you're going to do the cone method, maybe use craft foam instead? You can get a fairly large roll for less than $10

http://www.amazon.com/Darice-Foamie-36-Inch-60-Inch-White/dp/B002JPX68W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1464020092&sr=8-5&keywords=craft+foam
>>
File: box helmet.png (8 KB, 670x715) Image search: [Google]
box helmet.png
8 KB, 670x715
>>9018614
I don't really see what's so weird about the helmet? Other than Soos' proportions being weird, just find a box that fits your head and cut it up. Pic is a crude drawing of what cuts you need to make. Solid red lines are cuts, the dashed red line is the fold. Take the top "flap" you cut off out of the four and glue it to the top. Glue it for stability, add tape for the look.

As for the sword, it looks like a long piece of flat wood, like a meter stick adhered onto the cardboard. I imagine it looks like the cop's ax on the side we can't see. But if you want it to look the same on both sides, just sandwich the stick between to sheets of cardboard.
>>
>>9018762
I just thought it looked weird because of the curve at the bottom of Soos' helmet. It looked like it was assembled from a deformed box. But your idea works too, thanks.
>>
I'm cosplaying Joe from Digimon Tri this weekend. I have the outfit together already, but I can't seem to find a Gomamon to use around me, and I can't find anything online that will deliver in time. Is there any alternative I can do besides learning to make one from fleece or something?
>>
>>9019071
>Can't buy it
>Can't make it
Those are your only options. There is no magical wish granting prop genie.
>>
>>9019116
I figured there was some place I could check to see if I could buy it. EBay and Amazon aren't the only places people can buy things.
>>
>>9019071
>>9019135
I just checked Amazon and there's a couple that can be shipped to me by Wednesday. Not sure where you live but yeah.
Just keep in mind that you're going to have to pay a fuckload in shipping.
>>
>>9018610
Is it really that bad? I'll be wearing a long sleeve shirt and thigh high socks.
>>
I'm trying to make a costume I have no idea about how to really do it so I figured I'd try paper mache but I made way more than I needed for one night so I put it in a plastic bag and refrigerated it and I'm not actually sure if it'll still be good plus I heard after mixing it and using it that I was supposed to add salt to stop it from molding and I'm wondering if there's anyway I could still prevent it from molding because wearing a moldy cosplay is going to suck otherwise
>>
File: ToS.jpg (773 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ToS.jpg
773 KB, 1920x1080
Any tips on how to make? I looked a little bit for priest costume patterns, but didn't find anything too similar. I don't really know where to start :/
>>
help me the chicken wire it hurts
>>
Anyone know who the jpop band is or is it some random bs for the commercial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcfdu9AgBs
>>
So I'm having a really tough time figuring out just what exactly Sniper Wolf's jacket is supposed to be. It looks like some sort of take on an M65 or something, but it doesn't have the pockets up top and the collar is totally different. Does anyone have any idea how I should go about it? Every cosplayer seems to have an entirely different take on it.
>>
>>9017492
Try horsehair braid in the hem, then sew the pleats together as necessary. Maybe you could make a tiny bustle pad thing like in old fashion to make it flare in the back.
>>
>>9018078
know a dude who used water balloons in a misty costume for halloween and had no problem with them over the course of the night(we were at a theme park so they were subjected to quite a bit). I would just fill real balloons with water so you dont have to worry about them over stretching and popping so much.
>>
i've attached crystals to the underside of this skirt and despite my best efforts some of the gemstone glue has seeped through to the second, visible satin layer. i've tried scrubbing it off with a warm water/sard paste mixture but no dice, does anyone have any suggestions? the only thing i can think of that might work is acetone but i don't want to pull out the big guns until i absolutely have to!
>>
>>9019981
what type of glue did you use? google some removal methods based off that.

water soluble - water
acid soluble - and so on

you could test some rubbing alcohol on one and see if that helps any, if not you might be fucked.
>>
File: BP80079247001-white.jpg (131 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
BP80079247001-white.jpg
131 KB, 1000x1000
>>9020001
i used this stuff, it's water based but it stinks to high heaven. i can't find any information about removing marks from it anywhere, but worst case scenario i'll just put another fabric layer over the top.
>>
Is there a way to get a wig to stay on if you're bald without a wig cap? Wig caps irritate my scalp, but I don't want my wig sliding around either.
>>
>>9020014
you're gonna need to do that fabric layer.

From what i can tell, you basically attached them with plastic glue solution that had a chemical cure that reacted to air to cure. great for plastics, model kits, paper craft, jewelry, stones and such but not for fabric.

Next time you want to glue something to fabric you should check out a fabric glue or use a spray adhesive on the item, let it air dry till tacky, then attach.

>>9020028
tape or spirit gum, the gum will last longest but won't come off the cap. you could get some latex patches or moleskin and sew them in specific places to the cap then us the spirit gum on those to keep it in place.
>>
>>9020048
cool well the back of the bottle says that it's intended for attaching gems to fabric so
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>9020054
I'm pretty sure this is what the intention of that on the bottle was. It's fabric, but you don't have to worry about seeing the back.
>>
>>9020059
ah shit, of course. thanks for your wisdom anon, i am an idiot.
>>
File: gripheadband.jpg (88 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
gripheadband.jpg
88 KB, 580x580
>>9020028
Not sure how well it'll work for you but I have super short hair so I tend just to use a fabric head band. If you're worried about it slipping/moving around get one with a grip on it.
pic related though I recommend either getting one close to your skin colour or close to the wig colour.
>>
>>9019581
Jesus christ, learn to use punctuation.

>>9019585
Look up t-tunics. The part on top looks like a long piece of fabric with a hole cut for your head. Make mock-ups in cheap fabric like muslin and experiment.

>>9019685
Cover it with something. Paper mache, foam, fabric, take your pick.
>>
File: love.jpg (30 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
30 KB, 245x320
>>9019585
>>9020225
Thank you! Thats exactly what I was looking for
>>
File: zwidowsuit.jpg (149 KB, 850x893) Image search: [Google]
zwidowsuit.jpg
149 KB, 850x893
thinking of doing a widowmaker (from overwatch) cosplay. would pic related work as a good base? im worried that the product i'll receive wont be as good as whats in the picture. link to the page here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Unisex-Metallic-lycra-Zentai-Discowear-Zip-Up-Wear-Catsuit-Bodysuit-Front-zipper-Halloween-Party-Cosplay-catsuit/928878_32671200125.html
>>
File: 18.jpg (57 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
57 KB, 720x960
Hey guys, I had a more general kind of question. I started making my first cosplay for a con because a friend is into cosplay. I've always liked making stuff so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I realized though, that cosplay seems a bit different than prop making. I'm used to making real weapons, carpentry, etc, and that transfers over pretty well to props, but not so well to costumes unless they are full armored suits. I'm also not very social and don't have a con group I feel comfortable going with. It seems I don't actually liked cosplaying, but instead just enjoy making guns and stuff.

So my question is, if I enjoy making props more than costumes, what should I go as to a con? Specifically Dragoncon, if that matters.

>pic related
>tried making full metal gauntlet for a costume when I should have used craft foam
>>
>>9020594
Go find a prop heavy costume and make it. Go to the con. Poof. You're a cosplayer.
>>
adding to this post: >>9020559
is there somewhere better i should be buying from?
>>
>>9020594
You're allowed to wear and carry cool stuff at cons without any specific character as long as it's within the rule limits. Though those gauntlets look like they would be perfect for Jakob from Fire Emblem Fates except you would have to get the rest of the costume made
>>
>>9020658
I think metal gauntlets would break the rules at most cons though.
>>
Is trueswords a good site for cosplay? are their swords good? on a scale 1-10 how much?
>>
>>9017384
You could possibly look into drag queen padding for hips rather than trying to achieve the bubble shape from gathers perhaps?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.