[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
Old thread >>8996394

AP has a lot of new release updates! Did you message Tenshi months ago, or will AP never return to their former glory? Would you rather see (another) re-release?

Do you have any plans for ILD?

Please keep it EGL-related this time guys!
>>
Antoinette Decoration, for AP's 15th Anniversary!
>>
>>9004547
And print detail
>>
Harlequinade Ballet
>>
And the Diner Girl skirt, which seems like it's going to be popular!
>>
>>9004558

>diner girl seems like it will be popular
>everyone talking about how 2010 ap it is

please angelic pretty... return to your former glory and make cute cotton prints
>>
Um... this may not be anything (for me) to worry about, but I thought I'd ask just in case, since it's weirding me out.
A little over a week ago, I sold a rare Meta dress to a buyer on LM. The buyer had 10+ all positive feedback, so I was feeling secure about my transaction.
Well, a few nights ago, I sent them their tracking number through PM. Their message had not been read as of today, though they paid through Paypal, so I'm not sure if it'd show them their tracking number when they logged in. But it implies they're not reading my messages.
Then, today... I get this notif from my gmail, the email tied to my paypal. It basically has the location of the person who tried to hack my email as - strangely enough - my buyer's EXACT LOCATION. City is the same name as what they had on their paypal transaction. I've never sent anything else to that city before in previous transactions, either. Note that the shipping label was paid through paypal, so it had both of our emails attached to the transaction through paypal.
...Should I be worried? Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else selling before?
Of course, I'll take caps of everything dealing with this transaction. I suppose if it happens again I could take it to my USPS post office or Paypal, but I was mainly wondering if anyone else had this sort of thing occur (a buyer, or someone else, in their area, attempting to hack your email) and what happened if that was the case.
>>
File: signinattempt.png (161 KB, 1306x764) Image search: [Google]
signinattempt.png
161 KB, 1306x764
sorry, here's my cap again, I had to hide something else in it.
>>
>>9004553
This looks like a design Baby would make

>>9004558
I NEED THIS PRINT. I'm dying to see the other colorways, though this mint (?) is gorgeous.
>>
>>9004573
I was just feeling like this >>9004547 is something Baby would make.
>>
>>9004558
This is so fugly lmao
>>
>>9004553
I want to see a close up of the print. Looks very promising.
>>
>>9004553
I'm not much of an AP person but I really want to see closer up photos of this.
>>
>>9004582
>>9004588
It has harlequin bunnies.
>>
File: puppetcircus.png (487 KB, 363x489) Image search: [Google]
puppetcircus.png
487 KB, 363x489
>>9004553
Maybe it's just because I don't have a full shot of this yet, but the silhouette of the harlequin girl on the navy print is giving me Puppet Circus vibes.
>>
>>9004558
this dress could not get to me faster I'm so in love
>>
>>9004598
holy crap i didn't even notice that, you're right
>>
>>9004558
I normally only ever wear toned down classic and gothic but this print is so goddamn cute. I might need this.
>>
did anyone else notice feedback on profiles on lacemarket is now inside frames with a scrollbar? meaning the mods must still be around but are doing shit to actually keep their site under control?
>>
>>9004558
Saving my never-present money, I hope to cop in mint. Seriously, pastel 50s diner is 100% my aesthetic.
>>
>>9004569
>>9004571
that's extremely bizarre....what city is it though? east bumfuck, usa or is it a fairly large city?

I want to guess that, maybe it is not something nefarious - like, I dunno, maybe their internet browser used autofill and they accidentally hit the wrong one or something?
I'm not sure if it's a cause for worry, but I would certainly just keep an eye open on your accounts and such.
>>
>>9004558
OOOOO i really like this. I'm not sure if I'll actually get it, but I definitely would love to try and find this secondhand or something - this is the kind of print style that I like it very much does remind me of 2010-2012 AP.
>>
>>9004564
...but I thought everyone was bitching and moaning about how much they hate OTT sweet pastel ageplay vomit? Or has OTT classic gotten so played out that now it's the cool thing to hate?
>>
I really like Diner Girl, but I'm still hoping Aquarium Carnival will be awesome and not have horrible cuts.
>>
>>9004544

I reserved it on blind in December with blue JSK or Dress as my top choice with chibitenshi. I'm really excited, the previews look great
>>
>>9004630
OTT everything has gotten so overdone at this point, might as well come full circle.
>>
>>9004609
fuck the lacemarket mods. absolutely worthless
>>
>>9004595
Damn, I was hoping for shadow people. Oh well, more AP for people who like the cutesy animals.
>>
I know this question gets asked all the time, but I'm at a loss what to do. I bought an AP skirt for dirt cheap from someone on lacemarket that was described "missing waist ties and waist bow, like new otherwise". It just arrived and I notice some very faint staining on the front of the skirt and a small but noticeable stain on the bottom ruffle. These were never shown in the pictures. I want to bring it up because I was promised a like new dress but seriously it was so cheap I probably would have bought it even knowing about the damages. Should I flat out ask about a partial refund or just bring it up and see if the seller offers a solution first?
>>
>>9004609
>>9004658

I just got a message from the LM mods; they fixed fucked up feedback that was left for me and said they're back. I never thought I'd see this day!
>>
>>9004669
Holy hell, I can't believe it. I though they left us for dead.
>>
>>9004668
You should definitely bring it up - they might at least give you a small amount of money back, and it's still dishonest selling. Maybe they weren't aware, it happens, but how they handle the situation should be the difference between you leaving them positive/neutral/negative feedback.
>>
According to a certain someone Cinema Doll is one of the last highly coveted non-rereleased dresses on the Chinese market. Rerelease when, AP?
>>
>>9004623
it's a smaller city in texas, I think. not fairly large, it doesn't look like. it has a kind of unique name too (it's not some common name...) so, more like east bumfuck, usa, yeah.
I did think of the autofill possibility, though I do wonder since they haven't been reading my LM messages...
but yeah, I'll definitely keep an eye on everything. So far only my gmail seems to have had anything odd happen to it, and my paypal still looks safe/has all funds, thankfully. I'm just praying they don't try anything worse, since they're still getting their dress, but I do have evidence and caps I can use against them in case anything worse does happen.
>>
>>9004669
>said they're back
their facebook has been updated, too. they're actually looking for new mods, topkek. chances of them disappearing suddenly again?
>"If you are interested answering angry emails and comments with a smile, please message us with the following" (heart emote)
>>
>>9004702
>If you are interested answering angry emails and comments with a smile
glad to know they have us in their best interests and that they don't give a shit about scammers on their site, among other issues
>>
>>9004694

Fucking this, I hope this gets rereleased
>dress isnt even on my wishlist but it would be nice to see a different dress done, not 1000 holy lanterns and misty skies

I think it would also be really cool if they added another colorway like they've done sometimes for rereleases
>>
>>9004558
I am okay with OTT sweet coming back. It will be different, better, and stronger. At least I hope.
>>
>>9004595
I'm not familiar with this model, she's cute who is she?
>>
>>9004558
absolutely hideous

can't for the life of me understand why everyone is hopping on AP's dick about this when it looks like trash
>>
File: qt.jpg (504 KB, 1074x1512) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
504 KB, 1074x1512
>>9004767
That's Lily, at least I'm pretty sure that is her name. AP has used her for a while, pic related. She is my favorite model they use currently.
>>
>>9004778
Ah, thanks. I've only been into lolita for a year and don't know many of the models yet. Just the most talked about ones.
>>
File: dacutest.gif (906 KB, 340x546) Image search: [Google]
dacutest.gif
906 KB, 340x546
>>9004780
I may be wrong about her name. Hopefully someone else will come and correct me if I am! Here's another because she's so adorable.
>>
File: teaparty.png (766 KB, 568x660) Image search: [Google]
teaparty.png
766 KB, 568x660
you gulls better be getting ready for the tea party of the digital age
>>
>>9004811
I actually am really excited and am waiting impatiently for deets!
>>
>>9004811
>>9004823
I was out ice skating but I'm on my way home right now! I'll post the direct chat link as soon as I get it up!!
>>
>>9004778
>>9004787
This is Risa.
>>
>>9004836
Perfect, thank you. I found her correct name last year and then promptly forgot it so you are wonderful.
>>
>>9004827
Not who you were replying to, but damn I didn't realize it was today! I wonder if I have enough time to get ready.
>>
>>9004838
Glad to help out.
>>
>>9004843
I suppose I also could have looked at the CDC pic where it says "Model: Lily, Risa" and answered my own question.
>>
File: 1454355924188.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1454355924188.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>9004842

1.5 hours from now anon, I believe in you. Also there is one happening tomorrow. The times are 11 EST today and 1 PM EST tomorrow i think.

For me though I am PST so its 8pm and 11 am for me
>>
>>9004811
What is going on?
>>
>>9004842
There's one tomorrow at 1pm EST if you can't make this one
Tonight's starts at 11pm EST, about 1.5 hrs so you might have time
>>
>>9004847

virtual tea party is happening and its gonna be dope.
>>
>>9004811
whats going on? sorry have been too busy for the last two weeks so I haven't kept up with lolita stuff.
>>
>>9004849
I'm getting my shit together! My coconut oiled hair is my biggest problem, I was waiting till tonight to wash it and my wig game is weak.
>>
>>9004850
Is it over video call or just chat or what?
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 612x845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 612x845
a-am I the only one who's hype?
>>
>>9004855

Both I believe. I've mentally prepared myself for the video aspect of it and I hope others join. but we wont shun you if you just text box chat
>>
>>9004852
>>9004847
Virtual tea party streaming to you live tonight at 11pm EST via Google hangouts. I'm your host, Tea-chan and we're gonna have a blast. Get your kettles boiling and your false eyelashes on because we're gonna party.
There's also a streaming time tomorrow at 1pm EST if that works better for you
>>
I'm going to look ridiculous with my huge bulky black headset lmao.
If the virtual tea parties continue though I'd invest in a nice webcam and kawaii headset
>>
>>9004860
Oh that's super awesome that y'all are doing that.

Thanks for info Tea-chan, I'll definitely hop on tonight, sounds like fun.
>>
>>9004857
Aaaaye, I'm hype. What're you aiming for, anon? I think I'm just going to grab a skirt.
>>
>>9004811
omg I'm so excited right now I set an alarm clock getting ready right now!! I wanna see everyoone soon
>>
>>9004869
Pink JSK. For some reason it reminds me of a specific Valentine's Day from when I was a kid. I normally dislike berry prints but this one does something for me.
>>
>>9004857
Cute print, hideous cuts.
>>
Theme for tonight is superstitions, which I decided on because it's Friday the 13th without actually consulting my pastel vomit wardrobe so you are all in for an excellent coord from me ft. the only jeweltone dress I own
>>
>>9004873
I wouldn't call the skirt hideous at all, it's a basic skirt. And I personally like the JSK. The op on the other hand is trash.
>>
>>9004871
I was thinking about the pink JSK too! Good luck, even though I think we're the only ones buying this. More for us, I guess.
>>
>>9004878
I ignored the skirt because it's the same skirt they generally use. I was more referring to the OP and JSK, but my main qualm with AP lately has been the unflattering cuts for my particular body. That doesn't mean they can't look great on someone else or that they should buy them or not based on me knowing they will look like garbage on me and wishing for more flattering cuts.
>>
>>9004891
So instead of saying they're hideous why not say it wouldn't work with you so you don't come off as throwing a tantrum for no reason?
>>
>>9004875
rip I just put a coord on without the theme in mind, I hope its ok
>>
>>9004895
I'm not sure why you're so personally offended. You even admitted the OP is ugly. People say cuts of certain things are ugly all the time. Did you personally design the cuts of this series? No? Then it'll probably be ok.
>>
>>9004875
I have nothing superstitious in any way, unfortunately. What is the preffered eating arrangement for this? I usually use my computer on my bed so is it ok if I sit there?
>>
>>9004921

not tea chan but Im not going to judge people for being chill af
>>
>>9004923
>>9004921
I'm gonna be on my bed too because my apartment is literally too small to film anywhere else.. also my living room is so cramped it's a living hell don't think its a pleasant sight
>>
>>9004870
is it today? Fuck. I wish I had known? I joined the thing but never got an email. oh well.
>>
>>9004923
>>9004928
Ok, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed about it now. Forgoing eyelashes and heating up some water for tea!
Oh and I meant **seating arrangement, not eating arrangement!
>>
Alright gulls, 15 and counting!
>https://hangouts.google.com/call/ww5xsnchynavlde6agbrzldf5me Theres the link!
>>
>>9004677
Absolutely this.
>>
>>9004571
I haven't bought or sold anything recently, but I got a similar email from Google at about the same time (roughly 2 hours difference) about an attempted sign-in from Bemidji, MN, USA. Maybe an overall general hack attempt?
>>
>>9004954
I'll be a bit late. Hope that's ok!
>>
>>9004702
I'm surprised their actively searching for mods. People who reached out in the past and offered to help would all just get scoffed and turned away. They wouldn't even partner with EGL.
>>
>>9004811
Can you guys make a thread for this next time? I'd love to join, just can't today. Making a thread might keep people in the loop
>>
>>9004558
It's cute, but I feel like I can pass on this. But then I keep thinking what if I want it a year from now like I did with Honey Cake. Hoping that doesn't happen.
>>
>>9004990
This. Gonna mention again about how I never got an email what the hell.
>>
>>9004954
>https://hangouts.google.com/call/ww5xsnchynavlde6agbrzldf5me
how to text chat again?
>>
>>9005012
press the dots on the top right side of the screen and click old version
>>
my wifi has gone down!!
>>
>>9005042
welcome backk

also I think it's okay to drop by even if you don't have a coord! I'm on text chat with everyone too
>>
>>9004857
Went to the release of this and I thought the fabric was horrible. Shiny and looks like horrible costume quality.
>>
>>9004698
I sure hope that isn't me. Does the city name start with a W? If it is, I'm sorry I just now saw your message. I've been busy with work (we are extremely understaffed and I'm working overtime) and I just remembered to check my mail.

As far as the attempt to get into your gmail account, I have no idea about that. I'm really sorry if you think it's me, but it's not. I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like that. Also, my IP address usually comes with another city's name. If you'd like to discuss this further, please PM me. I'll make sure to check my mail now for notification. If the city doesn't start with a W, please disregard this.
>>
>>9004553
>>9004558
>>9004547
Ugh I want them all
>>
>>9004857
The OP kind of reminds me of Meta's babydoll cuts. The JSK and skirt are adorable, though!
>>
>>9004564
Lots of people are going back to their "I still like that sweet shit and I should wear it" and since more people do it, others feel like they can too. I hope sweet-sweet comes back.
>>
>>9004992
I don't think it will go above retail on the Japanese secondhand market.
>>
I'm looking to make my own triple fortune-esque bonnet, what is inside the brim that makes it stiff?
Buckram or just a plastic sheet?
>>
Does anyone know if Haenuli makes rereleases? I've been waiting the Angel of Music JSK in Small size for a while, but I can only find XL and XXL being sold...
>>
>>9005447
They've rereleased Enchanted Fawn, they might rerelease another print if there's a demand for it.
>>
>>9005450
Thank you! I'll wait a little and see if there's enough people also wanting this one :)
>>
>>9004954
Second one still on today? Was it 1pm or 11am EST?
>>
>>9005464
It's at 1pm EST!
>>
>>9004571
>>9004963

I know this is really weird to say, but if either of you had Neopets accounts linked to your emails, then there's a chance that it could be an attempted hack from there. I got an email from the site saying that they had been hacked and passwords not changed before 2012 are being told to change them.

There's a chance your email and neopets password (as well as your username and pet names) were found in the hack and they're going to try the neopets password on your email or something.

>sage for shitposting about neopets
>>
>>9005465
Thank you! I'll email you shortly.
>>
>new prints
>majority of them are gaudy sweet trash
>>
>>9005465
L from last night's chat here. I may pop in, but I'll be typing this time. Too sleepy to coord well!
>>
>>9005545
I know the feeling! I'm so sleepy and my whole body hurts from falling on my ass when I was ice skating
>>
>>9005447

There was a situation that happened with Haenuli that makes me think they will never re-release that dress. It was on their facebook but something happened to their office/studio and lots of their information and files went missing. iirc the files for angel of music were lost
>>
>>9005545

I was feeling the same way today haha. You could always do mic but no video if you want
>>
>>9005465
>>9005545
>>9005554
im sleepy too but too excited to sleep so gonna join everyone again yes
>>
secrets
>>
>>9005580

did anyone see what secret 13 was that got removed?
>>
>>9005580
nothing special iirc, someone with akira and the text "fat slut" or something similar
>>
>>9005599
oops, meant for >>9005594
>>
>https://hangouts.google.com/call/c4ljkof3lfaa7mv3hr7vi6ik5me
Day two is now live! I'm the definition of "hot mess" right now because I left all of my lolita stuff at a friends house so I'm currently coording with shit that I got in the mail a few days ago. Regardless, lets get ready to party!
>>
>>9004558
It looks so tacky.
OTT in general is the cancer of lolita.
OTT sweet never really looked good in the first place, makes the fashion look like a total costume.
I don't see why everyone is sucking AP over this tacky print. At least it doesn't have crosses on it.
And if "old" lolitas like 25+ decides to wear OTT sweet again it will look even worse.
The only one looking cute in it were Lunie and Kitch t b h and they were rich as fuck (lunie's parents are rich as hell) so they had mostly loads of nice things to coord with
>>
>>9005604

Could you send me an invite or whatever please? I'm trying to get on on my phone!
>>
>>9005604
I joined the chat but am still in pajamas so no video from me. I have no idea how to get the chat box open either.
>>
>>9005615
Invite sent!
>>
>>9005580
Mine didn't get posted, hm. Maybe it was too big or didn't go through. I'll try again next week.
>>
>>9005613
>Thinks OTT is cancer in a fashion based off of rococco

Maybe you should go back to a tamer fashion, like otome. Or maybe even normalfag.
>>
.... what is google hangout? Ive apparently had it installed on my phone
>>
>>9005604
Aww I'd like to join again and reintroduce myself. C-chan notified me today that my mic wasnt working at all yesterday ; ; however I won't be wearing lolita today so I'm not sure if I should join, but I hope everyone has fun! Tea-chan you should host these more often if possible please!
>>
>>9005644
>still believing lolita is based off rococo
>>
>>9005667
It's a way to chat/video chat using Gmail.

>>9005680
You should join! There are a few people not using their camera.
>>
File: 03181243_56eb797b3ede7.jpg (95 KB, 360x432) Image search: [Google]
03181243_56eb797b3ede7.jpg
95 KB, 360x432
So, I got one of these angelic pretty double pin brooches and just realised I have no clue how to wear them...Does anyone have worn pictures?
>>
>>9005613
>casual coord with diner doll skirt
>THIS IS THE OTT CANCER THAT'S MURDERING LOLITA
wew lass
>>
Valentines are up!

There were 45 today. Part 2 will be released tomorrow.
>>
>>9005697
you need to have reference on how to wear a brooch? what the fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 488x516
>>9005613
looks like someone's a bitter betsy today
>>
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/c4ljkof3lfaa7mv3hr7vi6ik5me

We're still goin' strong! Anyone is welcome to join in and have tea with us <3
>>
>>9005697
if you're confused because it's a double broach, just set the main piece where you want and then put the smaller one in a position that makes the chain look nice. it's really simple anon. don't over think things. you are smarter then you seem.
>>
>>9005752
I'll be in in a minute!
>>
>>9005752

I had to leave a bit early today because I'm going to visit my parents. Thank you tea chan for organizing and I hope that we are able to continue having virtual tea meets < 3
>>
>>9005764
Yeah it was fun! Thanks tea chan!
>>
>>9005752

ukelele lolita playas best we even got the mr yan song
>>
has there ever been a j fashion sports thread? i see some lolitas in roller skates, ice skating, incorporating gear into themed coords and itd be nice to see it compiled
>>
>>9005644
>believing lolita is based on rococo
..How new are you?
>if you dont like ott go back to otome or normie fash hur
While anon does exaggerate a bit you sound like that lolita who looks down on otherlolitas who don't wear wigs or say non ott coords are "too boring!1". Stay costume-y looking anonette whatever float your boat
>>
>>9005811
Those songs were amazing. Thank you G!!!
>>
>>9005756
>you are smarter than you seem

from their question I doubt it
>>
>>9005811
>>9005827
You guys are so sweet. We're still chatting!
>>
>>9005841
I am back in jammies now haha. I would definitely love to be a part of the next one. I will email K so I can make sure to be there again. Both sessions were really fun!
>>
>>9004569
This is some murder mystery type shit
>>
>>9005565
awwwwww don't even play with it <O> Gosh!
that'd be such a bad luck. I'll try contacting them, thanks!
>>
>>9005756
Yes, my problem was because it is a double one. Thanks for the suggestion. I just get stuck sometimes
>>
Any Lolita/J-fashion stores in Little Tokyo, or LA? I only knew of Fairytale Boutique, but it's closed.
>>
>>9004668
I used to just let it go for minor damages like that, but now I always go after sellers about undisclosed damages. It's just shitty and happens way too often on lave market.
>>
>>9006022
>>9004677
I messaged them, they said that they were out of town and there wasn't really anything they could do, even if they were in town. Now's the time that I should as for a partial refund, right? How much is acceptable?
>>
>>9006048
The cost of cleaning the garment, if you think it will come out.
>>
I'm having a lot of fun with this google hangouts thing. If I start one will anyone join?
>>
>>9006149
Don't overdo it mate. However the tea parties were lots of fun! We should make this a regular thing, like a monthly seagull tea party.
>>
Does anyone have a mirror for the Sweet Rebel trailer girlyhoot did? I can't seem to find it anymore.
>>
I need some guidance. I might purchase from AP Japan soon but I also want to get some things from Cerise. What shopping service is best for a first time user? Could I do them both together, or is it best just to use Tenso for AP? I'd appreciate anyone's advice.
>>
>>9005447
They already did a 2nd release.
>>
>>9006191
Maybe try chibitenshi? You can also use Tenso, but I guess it depends on the volume of your orders from both places and if it would be easier for you to just have them all shipped together with an SS.
>>
>>9006191
My first time buying through AP directly I used Tenso and it was cheap and fast :) I love it.
>>
>>9006191
Tenso is cheaper than an ss. They can combine your orders for a fee, just use tenso to order from AP and from Cerise.
>>
>>9006199
Id really only use chibitenshi for her ability to get things from the store in person.

Like with original print releases, otherwise she can be a little expensive.
>>
So I emailed malco modes about perhaps making more lolita-appriate petticoats to hopefully avoid having to deal with long waiting lists and shipping times from Me Likes Tea and Bunny House, the rep said she would forward my request to their sister company, and they gave me their email address and said we could even talk to them directly! They're called Sam's Mfg and apparently they can do specialty styles.

I don't actually know much about sewing petticoats so I'm not sure I can accurately describe to them how they're made, but maybe someone else can?

I put their email in the name field!
>>
>>9006210
That would be so amazing! I just bought one of their a lines petti and its great quality, I would kill for them to make bell pettis!

The only thing I could do is send them tutorials though lol I cant sew for shit
>>
>>9006204
Generally, how much extra do you end up paying when you use tenso?
>>
Anybody have recs for flats that don't look like trash in lolita, specifically classic or gothic? I threw my back out and I have a meet in two weeks. I don't want to chance doing it again by wearing heels all day, but I can't find shit that doesn't look like ass with Lolita.
>>
>>9006214
Yea I'm just gonna send a buttload of stock images and hope that someone else will step in who can explain in more detail!
>>
what's this on AP's twitter about that Laforet Private Party?
>>
>>9006229
That depends anon. Are you ordering the items yourself and using Tenso's address? Are you combining your items? It's all broken down on tenso's website. Usually I pay 700 yen for their service fee, but combining orders, it changes.
>>
File: fuuuuu.gif (47 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuu.gif
47 KB, 500x447
>TFW you double check your comm page to make sure nobody else has an event planned for ILD
>TFW it's clear
>TFW then someone sees your event scheduled for that day and changes the date bc they realize they dun goofed
>TFW I have two witnesses present to this fuckery but it's stealing people away from my event
>>
>>9006250
>*changes the date of their event bc they realized they dun goof'd
Okay, that makes sense now.
>>
>>9006232
Flat boots, victorian-inspired brogues (with a chunkier sole/very low heel) or multi strap flats like the JM ones everyone has are your best bet. Clarks had some brogues that looked passable.
>>
>>9006149
>>9006163

I just want to second this. I would love more google hang out get togethers. One every 2 weeks or monthly sounds good to me desu.

Also holy moly ukulele-sama please play your original song again. I enjoyed that way too much
>>
>>9005821
>>believing lolita is based on rococo
>..How new are you?
Nigga you never seen Kamikaze Girls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOEAF2sxre4
>>
>>9006229
Their fee varies by weight - most of my orders tend to be between 500Y and 1000Y, though I did get a 2000Y fee once for a 5.5kg package. They have a shipping calculator on the site, though

>http://www.tenso.com/en/estimate/
>>
>>9006350
Yeah, seriously, you serenading us was a real treat! I'm down for 1-2 meets a month via hangouts or TC. There's also that uh rabbit app if anyone ever wants to stream a movie (e.g. Kamikaze Girls)
>>
>>9006350
I want to know when the next one goes down so I can join in! email me?
>>
Yo cybermeet anons, can you make your own thread so it's easier to keep up with this stuff? Add contacts, instructions, etc. This sounds like so much fun.
>>
>>9005681
>still believing lolita is based off rococo
I feel like I see people saying it is and that it isn't all the time. Same with Victorian fashion.

Which is it, like can you fags make up your minds and stop with the misinformation memes?
>>
>>9006350
>>9006379
Thank you guys so much! These compliments do wonders for my confidence in performing. Once I get better equipment I'll be less shy about posting stuff on my channel.
>>
>>9005697
Some people wear them at each side of a unbutonned cardigan, others on their berets or hairpieces. Be creative anon!
>>
File: CiU108WUoAA2e9A.jpg (66 KB, 600x888) Image search: [Google]
CiU108WUoAA2e9A.jpg
66 KB, 600x888
Bottom right looks an awful lot like a new puppet circus cut.
Taken from the preview of the new AP mook for the next seasons releases.
>>
>>9006555
The models pose is getting my hopes up
>>
>>9006229
>>9006191

Just a note, make sure you can check out with a foreign CC on any site you want to use Tenso for. I tried it with Axes Femme and IW and was not able to check out, so Tenso won't work for these sites. No idea about Cerise as I've never tried purchasing from there though.

If Tenso doesn't work out, try Fromjapan instead.
>>
>>9006555

Great googly moogly I want to see that upper left print! If these are fall season releases sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>9006405

Too many different substyles. At some point in the past rococo was indeed the major influence, and it still is for some certain brands. But as soon as pastel sweet prints took off all direct visual influence from the rococo era pretty much went out the window. Later, when lolita brands did their own take on fairy kei, retro mod, and other styles, the rococo influence pretty much all but dissappeared.

I don't think what Momoko says in kamikaze girls about rococo was about wearing clothes that LOOK like rococo anyway, it seemed like she was referring more to a (rose-tinted) lifestyle of decadence, opulence and doing what you want for yourself.
>>
Is it possible to pay and reserve something for a store pick up at Closet Child?
>>
>>9006576
no
>>
>>9006555
The shape of the print isn't anything like PC
>>
>>9006351
Baby is just one brand who sometimes release rococo-inspired pieces. Rococo is one of the many inspirations, but the fashion is not based off of it. Do some research, you are embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>9006568
Not that anon but I ordered from Axes and IW with my visa credit card with no problem and used tenso with those websites a dozen of times.
>>
>>9006576
Not anymore. They used to do this years ago.
>>
>>9006404
I thought about doing that but I feel like that's inviting every random who opens cgl to pop into our chat. By keeping it kind of hidden in lolita general I think in minimises the chance that some idiot from r9k will find it and barge in looking for their kawaii loli gf
>>
>>9006555
Ugh these look great. I always tend to love FW releases more, but this year I'm even more excited because I've hated AP's SS stuff.
>>
>>9006694

Can I ask what country your card is from, and what payment methods you selected?
>>
>>9006726
Just kick them out
>>
>>9006751
I have a french VISA credit card, I selected to pay with credit card or with card, I'm not sure how it was called as it was written in japanese anyway, but I think it was the first option for both websites. Youu'll recognize it immediatly if you choose that option as they'll ask for the number, the validity date and the name under which it is.
>>
>>9006726
Tea-chan, what would you think of a closed group on wordpress or something for organization purposes? I emailed you something similar btw!
>>
Where can I find cheap innocent world? I'm not looking for any prints, just their super plain dresses for my work and everyday wear, so I'm not looking to spend above say 150$USD. I found some on LM, but everywhere else has been a bust. Any suggestions? Or similar brand suggestions
>>
>>9006870
save up for an oddment pack
>>
>>9006872
That's my upcoming plan, I'm just trying to figure out when they release those since I know they do them two or three times a year
>>
>>9006870
Second hand sites such as YJA, Wunderwelt, MBok. Or, just save up a bit, as IW is not a particularly expensive brand, and get whatever you like. I've bought brand new jsks from them for around the 180USD before that were workwear appropriate.
>>
>>9006870
The actual Innocent World site almost always has a sale section and it is pretty great. Can definitely back up second hand sites though, i have seen IW JSKs for around 2,000 yen. They are not popular pieces, but if you are just looking for work stuff it should be pretty easy to put together a decent haul of at least three pieces (most likely more) for $150.
>>
>>9006579
Have you ever seen puppet circus?
>>
I remember seeing a girl on Facebook who specifically did lolita alterations, like adjustments to the size, but I can't find her page now. Does anyone know who that might be or what her business is called?
>>
>>9006854
I think something like that would work, or a email list! heck, if we're all on google hangouts already we could just use that gchat function!
>>
File: NXUcYiK.jpg (34 KB, 600x998) Image search: [Google]
NXUcYiK.jpg
34 KB, 600x998
Man this is a fuzzy pickle..
>be belgium lolita
>order beret
>beret arrive this week
>fucking flash pink instead of soft pink
>meet is sunday
>can't change coord because reasons
>only find beret for like 12$ on amazon which is too much for poor student me to put on a beret
Should i kiss goodbye to my first meet in years or go with three different pink?
>>
>>9007081
Maybe ask your comm. Someone might let you borrow something.
>>
>>9007081
>seriously considering staying at home because your beret doesn't match
>>
>>9007081
Fuck the beret
>>
File: 1457406801934.jpg (53 KB, 605x539) Image search: [Google]
1457406801934.jpg
53 KB, 605x539
>>9007102
I am a perfectionnist. Like, I will be kind on other people ("you're chubby? No probs" "your blacks doesnt match? We barely see it!"), but on myself? I am the Gordon Ramsey of lolita.
One day wayy back i was so laughably perfectionist i had a con kinda ruined because i kept thinking about how i forgot to take my headpiece with me and how my coord was ruined. High school friends had fun there at least.

I'm gonna go on a hunt in Brussels because i have hope to find one. But the whole "staying at home" was exaggeration.

>>9007098
I doubt. I am completely new in this comm. Have been lonelita for all my teenage years. But thanks for your proposition.

>>9007103
I know right?
>>
>>9007081
Are you able to change it to another color headpiece? Maybe white or something?

Also are you able to get your hands on some color remover and try and lighten the pink? I used some in the wash with some whites once and forgot one of the tank tops had a hot pink trim on the inside. It came out of the laundry a super light pink after.
>>
>>9007175
Just go to the meet and stop being so autistic. it can be with or without the beret just show up.
>>
I feel like I should already know this but what's a good blouse to main piece ratio?
>>
>>9007217
I feel like you should lurk more.
>>
>>9007225
I was just asking because in the beginning I thought one for each piece would be good, but I have about 24 now and they're starting to look the same even though there's variation in the cuts and matierals
>>
>>9007190
Eh you're right.
>>
>>9007233
I honestly don't see how you can have 24 blouses that look the same. maybe you're retarded?
>>
Gulls, I've just held my first event and it was a fabulous success all thanks to you guys. I just wanted to thank all the anons that have helped me from the very beginning when someone in the dream dress linked me to my first piece all the way to giving me opinions on tea party fare. I love CGL, you guys are a bunch of salty goddesses.
>>
>>9007238
Gothic lolita. So there isn't much color other than black and white.
>>
>>9007233
I can't give any advice but I have same, possibly worse problem. I only have about 10 main pieces and 10+ blouses, for my two newly acquired JSKs none of the blouses seem to match and it's stressing me out. I'm usually not matchy matchy person, but I really feel like I NEED new blouses with very specific details/color/material it's a little concerning.......
>>
>>9007241
Do I need to repeat my statement? I still don't see how 24 blouses could be the same. Between sleeves and collars it would be quite impressive if you actually had 24 blouses so similar you couldn't tell.
>>
>>9006877
spring one happened last month or so but it was like $500 and had basically a capsule wardrobe in it afaik
other than that, wunderwelt and usagiyouhinten are your buddies. also look at victorian maiden and mary magdalene, and if you're into kitchy stuff you might like otome brands

>>9007175
nobody will give a fuck, just get out there

>>9007233
taobao, or get your eyes checked
>>
>>9007217
Mine is like 3 blouses to 10 main pieces lol
>>
>>9006992
Truly Darling?
>>
Are jane marple's heart bags much better quality than MILK's?
>>
>>9007260
My intention is to have the opposite. 10 blouses for 3 main pieces. Behind on that.
>>
>>9007233
I just feel like that's excessive. It's better to try to mix and match your wardrobe to keep it fresh and get more out of what you spent on the blouses and main pieces. It's good to have variety in blouses, sure, and it's not like 24 is a bad number. But there's no way they can't match anything you have. That's just nuts.
>>
>>9007500
Only three? Sorry but that's gotta get old fast. And I'm someone who defended the girl wearing dreamy planetarium on repeat.
>>
>>9007254
>I still don't see how 24 blouses could be the same.
Oh my christ on a fucking cracker, that isn't what they mean.
>>
>>9007102
Why is this a shock here? I thought all you bitches were nitpicky as all hell?
>>
>>9007533
Anon, they said they are starting to look the same. Learn to reading comprehension.
>>
>>9006884
>almost always
>■■■There are no goods registered now.■■■
THE ONE TIME I LOOK
>>
>>9007535
>they said they are starting to look the same.
Yeah and I bet what they mean by that is the general feel they get from their wardrobe, like it's all very similar.
>>
>>9007534
For the most part, unless you have other glaring issues, a lack of beret isn't going to ruin your coord. If you are wearing a wig, do a nicer hair style, do flower clips or combs or bows in your hair instead of a hat. Ask the coord help thread if you need better specific ideas.
>>
>>9006833

Thanks anon, I'll try it again.
>>
Does anyone actually have an issue with wearing brand salopettes to meets? I'm coming back from a long break and was wondering if the lack of lolita silhouette would be mildly upsetting.
>>
>>9007548
Some people with salo hateboners probably will but if everything else in your coord isn't toned down or anything like that you should be fine. I can't imagine someone would have the balls to say something to you about it in person, either.
>>
>>9007233

It's too much when you have blouses you haven't worn and probably won't wear again, and too little when you can't complete your coords.

There's no ratio, the ones who do daily lolita will need more blouses, the ones who wear a lot of onepieces will need less, the ones who go to OTT tea parties more often will need different blouses than those whose comms do cafe meetups. Too many variables.

Might be a good time for you to do a wardrobe cleanup. Gather all the similar-looking blouses, take stock of your main pieces and see which blouses you haven't worn for some time now, and see which ones are so similar you could get rid of them and make do with just one blouse in that style. Consider how often you wear lolita so you don't get stuck needing to wash your blouses too often. Then, take another look at your main pieces and blouses, see if any of them could look different with a style of blouse you don't already own. Sell the blouses you want to get rid of, buy new different blouses.

If you end up finding out that all your blouses are similar but have some small detail that makes then more suited to a main piece than another blouse, well at least you know your blouses aren't actually that similar.

>>9007244

Having a colourful wardrobe will often do that. That's why some girls restrict themselves to only a specific substyle, or only a handful of colours. That way they can have less blouses and accessories that work across their whole wardrobe.

>>9007513

Some girls can get caught up buying their favorite styles, so they end up with like 24 long-sleeved high necked blouses, all with varying details, and that's how they end up looking the same. They probably need a little push to be reminded that other styles of blouses exist.
>>
>>9007233
I have about a 3 to 1 blouse ratio. I wish I had more blouses only because I cheaped the fuck out on the blouses, mostly Bodyline with detachable sleeves for "versatility." I'll get around to selling them and buying some new nicer ones to maintain that ratio.

I think having 10-15 GOOD blouses should be enough for any wardrobe (but that's because I'm a main piece whore and don't really fall in love with blouses).

To break it down, I'd say about 3-4 blouses in versatile colors (white, ivory, black, etc), then 1-2 of some odd colors (jewel tones, pastels). I'd make sure to have a mix of long, mid, and short sleeves for each color, plus some interesting collars (high neck, sweetheart, etc), and a mix of materials. Plus maybe 5 boleros/cardigans. I feel like you can do so much with that.

Accessories, on the other hand.. feel like you can never have enough.
>>
>>9007548
It depends what your comm is like. Mine is more casual, nobody dresses OTT. A few people have worn salos to meets. As long as you look cute, it's fine
>>
>>9006555
Puppet circus currently on lace market for a reasonable price
>>
>>9006905
Have you? Compare the mook picture to a thumbnail of the actual print, they are not at all alike. Or are you so pathetic that you need me to do that for you?
>>
Ukulele-sama (If that's what you're apparently calling me now) here. You guys at the tea party the other night asked me to write a song about lolita, so here's to you, seagulls. It's corny, it's cheesey, it may be cringe, but there ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3rMfDdRrk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>9007633
I don't know if it's because I'm drunk or what but this is so cute and I love it lmfao
>>
>>9007633
Anon, that was beautiful.
>>
>>9007633
i love u /agnes
>>
Does Fromjapan order from Fril? And if so, would I just use the normal shopping form?
>>
>>9007633
>was doin ma daily lurkin when
>see this
>OMG
IM SO HAPPY YOU DID IT YOOO dis jam our jam aw yeee
>>
>>9007633
Oh my god, that's sooo cute! I didn't participate as I was so afraid of the language barrier, but it seems like you guys had a lot of fun! Maybe I join next time...if I don't chicken out again.
>>
>>9007633
I love this so much lol
>>
>>9007541

They're lying, it's probably there maybe 30-40% of the time, but definitely not all the time.

On the bright side, IW stuff is almost always cheap secondhand now. Moreso than in the past even.
>>
>>9007881
Really? To me it seems like their non-print stuff is getting more popular and isn't as cheap anymore. Especially their nice sailor stuff is almost at retail most of the time, even though they release one of those dresses like every month or so..?
>>
>>9007834

No, use Japonica Market.
>>
>>9007633
I wasn't at the e-tea party so I didn't know what to expect. Holy shit Ukulele-sama this blew my away. Your voice is awesome, keep going.
>>
File: main0516.png (652 KB, 750x569) Image search: [Google]
main0516.png
652 KB, 750x569
is there going to be a Paris shop permanently or is it a pop up?
>>
>>9007955
So that's where the HL money went
>>
>>9007955
Was going to post this. Hopefully it will be a permanent store with acceptable prices. This would be amazing.
>>
>>9007955
Look like a permanent shop. Fuck I'm so excited.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.