[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts about the "Anti-Western Cosplay Movement"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1400527360570.jpg (653 KB, 1024x503) Image search: [Google]
1400527360570.jpg
653 KB, 1024x503
Any thoughts about the "Anti-Western Cosplay Movement"? I see this everywhere. Lets hear your thoughts. Image related.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 599x449
I have no issue with people cosplaying characters of different nationalities, but only similar skin toned characters since a black person is going to look pretty odd in a rozen maiden cosplay. But shit like this makes my blood boil. Cosplay isn't an all asian exclusive club where they are allowed to shit on everyone of other nationalities in the hobby. If a western person did this with a superhero or comic book character there would be outrage. Fuck everyone who justifies this shit, it's blatant racism and jealously from plastic barbie doll asians that are jealous western women can beat them at their own game while they try and look as western as possible defeating the purpose of "asian beauty"
>>
>>8996696
I find this pretty hilarious honestly

I'm mixed and get shit like this all the time

but this seems sculpted to irritate people

not so much that it's serious
>>
>>8996696
I think it's great. Always nice to see more diversity.
>>
>>8996821
Being racist against white people is diverse now? Go back to tumblr. OP pic is racism at its finest.
>>
>>8996838
How is it racist? "Western" isn't a race.
>>
>>8996696
I highly doubt this was made by an actual asian person. It's probably some deluded, self-hating white weeb.
>>
>>8996696
She only looks like the anime character because she is shooped to hell and back. Lets see what she looks like without shoop.
>>
>>8996696
I was under the impression that there's really only one Philippino guy behind this that wants to be Japanese. He would harass people on cosplay.com back in the day and spread similar graphics.
>>
>>8996696
Are you sure you're not just seeing the same Indonesian guy ('proud to be asian') spamming? I don't consider that a movement.
>>
File: kzhhhcwhou0ri7we0h69.jpg (1 MB, 3402x5102) Image search: [Google]
kzhhhcwhou0ri7we0h69.jpg
1 MB, 3402x5102
>>8996813
I don't really mind cosplaying outside of skin tone if someone adjusts it to be more flattering on their skin tone. If you're black or Indian it really is more challenging to find characters. If there's a character with black hair especially I think black cosplayers look really cute.
Pic related, I know the character is super overdone but I would much rather see her who is cute and has the right body type as opposed to someone who has the right skin tone but would probably be lacking in other areas.
>>
>>8996847
Don't act like you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>8996847
guy in OP pic obviously means white people when he says western so yes, it's racism.
>>
>>8996849
The word you're looking for is cuck.
>>
>>8996882
Not an argument. The person in the image essentially says that because the character is Asian, only Asians should cosplay it. You can say it's wrong (I think it's wrong) but you can't say it's racist.

>>8996883
That's not obvious at all. To me it seems like it just means all people west of Asia, or non-Asians. But you'd have to ask the author for clarification.
>>
>>8996893
Oops, reading it again it doesn't say non-Asians shouldn't cosplay the character, just that Asians have a better likeness to the character.
>>
>>8996874
It also helps a lot that the teal wig doesn't look shit with her skin.
>>
Only dumb Americans lump "Asians" together. Most Japanese people would rather mutilate their own genitals than let southeast trash like proud to be asian represent them. Same with letting chinese or koreans cosplay. Also people in Japan want white people to cosplay their characters since it proves Japan's superior culture.
>>
It's not a movement, it's one fucktard of a troll who doesn't know when to quit. Proudtobeasian, is some fucking southeast Asian shut in neckbeard, with a east Asian fetish, the moron should of quit ages ago. We've all seen his fucking little routine.
>>
This thread sure is newfag. Proud Asian is a known troll and while I doubt this thread is the same person, they are using the same tired strategy. Hide the thread and move along, gulls.
>>
>>8996909
he used to post on cgl like clockwork too
>>
File: purikura-make-eyes-bigger.jpg (92 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
purikura-make-eyes-bigger.jpg
92 KB, 480x480
>>8996922
Yeah this is pretty typical of his stuff too wouldn't be surprised if it was just him again making and posting this. Love the purikura eyes.

>>8996821
Not like there's a lack of east Asian girls in cosplay. If this is actually a page someone should fill it with Russian, Indian and Turkish cosplayers.
>>
>>8996913
I was just thinking that. He's been doing this for years now. At least three, I think? Probably longer. My time on 4chan blurs together.
>>
>>8996971
I remember him trolling Gaia, about 8 maybe 10 years ago. Which is fucking pathetic desu.
>>
>>8996971
Try close to 10. I lol'd at all the younger cosplayers I follow on IG flipping a shit about this.
>>
Halfway amusing troll, less amusing when easily offended people overreact to it.
>>
>>8996893
Uh, what are you talking about? It pretty clearly says she isn't a "dumb ugly western girl", and that "No western girl could every be/look like her".

That's pretty clearly a slur against white girls dependent on their race.

That's literally textbook racism.
>>
>>8996887
That's not what that word means, homie. Nothing here has to do with marriage or infidelity.
>>
I think anyone pushing this shit is a small minority (no pun intended) of irrelevant fuckheads who should be shoved off a cliff and never indulged in their delusion.

This also goes to retards getting offended at white people wearing kimonos or self-hating "anti-weeaboos" that are just as silly with their Japanese fashion hobby.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.