[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maid cafe thead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 36
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 1024x683
Let's be honest here are maid cafes even really needed at anime conventions anymore?
Why or why not?

Personally I really don't think so.

Picture unrelated just pulled it off google.
>>
>>8990421
??? why not?

Most people don't have any access to a maid cafe outside of Japan, I think it's a fun thing to have at a con. You get to sit down and get nice service and somewhat interesting food instead of finding a corner outside to huddle in while you eat your $10 chips in shame.

Obviously if it's a bad cafe that's another story, but it is technically part of the 'anime con' feel.
>>
For me? I enjoy them. Obviously not every con needs to have one but I still think they are a pretty good addition to a convention.

>often helps earn a significant amount of money for the convention's charity
>a good way to force yourself to sit and eat at a convention, while still feeling like you aren't missing any of the con.
>fun to just turn off your brain and be silly and stupid and connect to your inner-weeb for a while
>Worst case and the cafe is total cringe shit, and you still have prime people-watching and good story to tell /cgl/ later

I really get into the maid cafe thing though. I have pictures saved from every cafe I've been to, Japan and state-side. And granted state-side is a lot worse as a whole. But again, it just gives me a vacation from cosplay and caring what I look like. No one can judge you there.
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (71 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
71 KB, 639x595
>when you live in Spain and other anons get to discuss if they are needed in or not while you've never seen one in any con her

In all seriousness, why do you care?
Or more like, why is it important?

If it's in a con, you are free to ignore it if you please. Nobody is forcing you to go (again, never seen one here, but I'm pretty sure they don't anyway).
I'm sure if anybody wants it, they'll be happy to see it there.
>>
File: 570147708.png (784 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
570147708.png
784 KB, 698x840
>you will never be a catboy butler
>>
File: tumblr_mdm3a1vons1rncaino1_500.jpg (40 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdm3a1vons1rncaino1_500.jpg
40 KB, 500x373
I think they have charm, even when they're bad. What's nice is that the concept is very relevant to anime and manga, which is harder to find at conventions these days. It's a shame that the con location, usually a hotel or event space, makes having one so difficult though. Maybe there could be a solution for this? I certainly don't know. Have some meido pics imma post btw
>>
This photo gives me joy
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (210 KB, 1474x979) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
210 KB, 1474x979
>>
File: 1460535377337.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460535377337.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1459301487672.jpg (22 KB, 490x737) Image search: [Google]
1459301487672.jpg
22 KB, 490x737
Btw @home cafe has its own themed pachinko machine, imagine if you were a maid and got to such a status that you were someones jackpot
>>
File: tumblr_mvuajuOFng1sgi0qbo2_250.gif (975 KB, 245x377) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvuajuOFng1sgi0qbo2_250.gif
975 KB, 245x377
>>
File: 1460468682965.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
1460468682965.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1272
Gotta drive off to eat din din, might come back and post more pics if the ones I have saved arent already posted
>>
>>8990421
>pic unrelated
its a maid cafe right...? doesn't that make it related to your topic?
>>
>>8990865
My friend went to @home last year in Akiba during her trip to Japan. First time over, went on a friend's recommendation.

She was served by the head maid who (apparently) didn't do public appearances anymore and was just used for promotional materials. Won the little game they do and got to take photos with said maid. She got home and showed a friend who is a total maid cafe nut the photos.

Girl lost her shit. Wanted to buy the instax photo from our friend and all. It was hilarious.

I'm sad I didn't get to go while I was there, but we were just too packed in on other cafes to make room for it. I've promised to go next time, but have to decide which location to try.
>>
I like maid cafes at cons as they're just a nice play to just sit back and relax for a bit, without feeling like you're missing out on anything. I also don't mind paying 8 bucks for a cup of decent coffee and some delicious cheesecake.
Then again I am a bit biased as my group has been visiting the same maid cafe for over 8 years which granted us several benefits, one of which being quite costly. Basically they help out during Japanese whiskey tastings and pour doubles whenever they hit our table. It might not sound like a big deal, until you realise those bottles range from $150 to $400 each and we only paid $20 for the tasting to begin with.
>>
>>8990900
I guess anon meant it's not a CON maid cafe. Just a regular one.
>>
>>8991287
But the photo IS a con maid cafe. I'm really confused. According to Google, the Anime Midwest maid cafe.
>>
The Krakencon cafe finally got the axe this year and while it was getting shittier and shittier every year it does feel weird that it's completely gone. Too bad only maybe that one quiet asian guy and the crossdresser were genuinely cute. Shugo was cute and friendly too but it's so weird that he'd like to apply for SF's only established butler cafe but it's only staffed by cross-dressing overweight girls

What is even the deal with Cafe V? I can't imagine they get much clientele except the type of girls that want to crossplay Ouran and Black Butler all the time.
>>
>>8990900
Perhaps OP means that their general thoughts about maid cafes is not aimed at this cafe specifically and was just a random maid cafe they picked off google. Maybe.

Either way, I think maid cafes really add to the convention experience. I've been to both good ones and bad ones and I've come to the conclusion that it is a "what you see is what you get" deal. As long as the girls put effort into their appearance of being cute and it looks a little more put together than a typical weeb panel, I would recommend trying one out to any anon.
>>
>>8991312
I have always wondered at Cafe V. When I first found out about it I really wanted to go but once I discovered that there was maybe one butler who was an actual male it lost all appeal. Like what is the point? Has anyone actually been? Is it actually any good?
>>
>>8991846
Crossdressing cafes are a thing in Jap, I assumed they tried to copy the idea. Obviously though it's harder for a lot of western girls to crossdress successfully so it usually ends up looking crappy. They just don't have the 'cute shota/bishie' appeal the proper crossdress butlers in jap do.
>>
>>8991856
Righty here isn't bad, but everyone else is pretty eh. Others are pretty cringe. I think they survive because they only do pop up events and are in an area where there's enough fujoweebs and lesweebs to justify the effort. Also one of them goes under the handle 'Bob'? If you're going to have a sexy butler handle you're going to go with Bob?
>>
>>8991791
That's what I meant
>>
>>8990421

>Why or why not?
>Personally I really don't think so.

But WHY? You suck at conversations.
>>
>>8991929
........This is so fucking horrible. Not only do they look like clones, but holy shit. You can TELL they aren't dudes. They don't even have this 'sexy' air about them or even the mannerisms. For fucks sake. Hire some hot college guys, have them take a food service test, sign a contract for slightly 'revealing', but not against health code outfits, and voila. Better than this bullshit. A classy male hooters. Or a lowkey Chip'n'Dales cafe.
>>
>>8991984
>Not only do they look like clones
That's every maid cafe ever, anon.
>>
>>8990421
Who cares
>>
>>8991856
But why does the cross-dressing western community mostly attract overweight girls who can't even bother to learn the basics of makeup? Is it because they feel too ugly to be girls? But they don't look too good being guys either...
>>
>>8991929
Wow the one second to the left looks like a wanna-be sexier version of kim jung-on
>>
>>8993702
idk, i feel like those types just tend to be fujoshis and they want to live out their ~ supa hot butler X butler ~ fantasies?
>>
Ugly. I wish made cafes would have higher standards. Like wearing fucking makeup.
>>
News flash.
Some cons don't have the number of volunteers to be picky and choosy about who their maids will be.
>>
>>8999135
>>8999131

But this cafe is a cosplay group. They should get their shit together.
>>
>>8999137
My group is just as bad. I'm not going to publicly shame them cause most the poor dear girls try. I am thankful that at least our chubby girls are boobs monsters to make up for the chub.
I'm slowly feeding advice to the leader to get our act together.
I feel like a vet lolita trying to get these damage girls to wear petticoats with their uniform. Grrrrr.
But other than that the weeb side of me finds it fun to cast spells on drinks and be super fucking sugary sweet over the top to my guests.
If you don't like them don't go. To some it's the experience that counts. Fun goofy way to feel a little closer to the Japan weebs love.
>>
>omg all these girls are so catty and mean
>mediocre costumes/girls/everything
>I'm whoring myself out for mediocre gains
>I'm the event coordinator and I'm made of money
Pick one.
Literally every female dominated (hostesses/burlesque/maid cafe) service based thing is the same
Either you get butthurt girls, mediocre girls, overworked butthurt girls, or you are spending way more than your capital gains to put it on.
Best scenario is to cull the mediocre, deal with the bitching, and make some fucking money so it's worth the hassle. This never happens because 'muh feelings'
>>
>>8999145
Sort of the same. I rarely feel like I "become the character" in a regular cosplay but when I put on my super weeny kimono and maid apron set, tie my hair in twin braids and put on big round glasses I really get into being a cute, shy, quiet maid
>>
I'm curious, how's Otakon's maid cafe?
>>
WARNING TO PHILLY AREA. DO NOT ATTEND. THE MINT MAIDS ARE SJW LAND WHALES WHO SHOVE THEIR FETISHES IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS.
>>
>>8990421
Where do you find maid outfits like this? They're super qt.
>>
>>9001734
Bodyline
>>
>>9001738
Thanks, sorry for the noob question. I don't know much about lolita or maid cosplay stuff.
>>
>>9001740
>lolita
yeah no
>>
>>9001520
I almost feel bad because they're brought up in almost all Maid Cafe threads but they must be doing something wrong if this is all I hear about them.This kind of inspires me to dump some convention maid cafes to get this thread going.
>>
>>9002849
Small dump commence.
>>
>>9002863
>>
>>9002864
>>
>>9002865
>>
>>9002877
/end
>>
>>9002863
>Diner outfits
Omg this is too cute
>>
>>9002849
Im pretty sure the head maid doesn't disclose the fetish things with the conventions they work with and it concerns me. I thought I was going to a maid cafe and all I get is the maids telling me about their "much more harder you wouldnt understand" lives and fetishes shoved in my face. The one in the Red called me daddy.

I honestly don't feel bad for these desperate tubs of lard but that shit needs to stay at an 18+ hour. Not during daytime normal hours.
>>
>>9002905
That's disgusting and 100% what cafes are not supposed to be.
>>
>>9002905
I'm certain that the convention only sees "maid cafe" in their panel application, and they're in. I don't think there are any other maid cafes in their area to compete so they'll always get accepted. Especially since I doubt any convention is actually investing money in them so they don't really care what they do as long as they do a performance and add to the convention overall because they're not losing money from it.

As much as they probably need to be in an 18+ panel, I wish they didn't associate themselves with maid cafes then at that point (but then they probably wouldn't be accepted as a fetish cafe). Maid cafes in general already struggle to show that they're not a fetish. It's honestly about being cute and sharing that feeling with others.

>daddy
imsosorryanon you deserve better
>>
>>9002905
What kind of fetishes?
>>
>>9002863
>Cherry Pie Maid Cafe
Sparkling Potpourri is the one true Dutch maid cafe!
>>
>>9003381
the guy in the middle looks like he's being held there at gunpoint
>>
>>9002865
>>9002863
These two are really cute.
>>
>>9002905
any more horrorstories?
>>
>>9002881
I heard At Your Service was canceled at PCC this year. Any deets on this? Did Kat and Divina throw tantrums? I NEEDS TO KNOW!
>>
>>9002905
>all I get is the maids telling me about their "much more harder you wouldnt understand" lives and fetishes shoved in my face. The one in the Red called me daddy.
Shit, sorry about that dude, got any other horror?
>>
I have a question about starting one.should I gather a group, then look for a con to join or ask the con first then gather the group?
>>
>>9003600
Might not be the best at creating one if you have to ask a question like this. I'm not sure what kind of con would give you a time slot when you have no actual members or plans and then you have a sudden time limit on getting everything together. Definitely find a good amount of people who you think are adequate, plan what you could do at the con and then ask them.
>>
>>9002865
Who are they? I don't recognize faces but they're really cute.
>>
>>9002881
>>9003438
I don't know Divina, you tell us.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x215
>>9003807
Not Divina honey but keep telling yourself that Alex. I'm just curious what they did since they have me blocked and I can't see their page. I like laugh at kat crying about how everything offends her. And Divina since she rides kats coat tails.
>>
Can we not have a thread derailed by AYS drama?

It's been so nice the last couple threads without them being mentioned.
>>
>>9002905
Tell us about the hot one anon.
>>
>>9004499
>tell us about the hot one
Uh anon are you blind? None of these girls come even close
>>
>>9004520
I would that Asian one.
>>
File: 200.gif (323 KB, 312x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
323 KB, 312x200
Maid Cafes are such shit to organize.

Every time we find a new "HEAD MAID", she's fucking an idiot who believes she can be more Jap than real Japanese.

Or she wants all the maids to have $400 costumes that you have to pay for.

I have never met a girl who did the weeaboo "maid cafe" that wasn't a complete control freak that was full of herself because she can copy a dance from a video on youtube.

Just seriously stop.

It's honestly great real Japanese people are opening up maid cafes all over North America so the cancer that is the western interpretation of maid cafes can die.
>>
>>9004140
>>9004140
I agree. We don't need batty shoving her opinions on us more then she already does.

On topic:
I'm going to Japan in October for Halloween. What are some good themed cafes I should try and go to?
>>
>>9003806
The name is Doki Doki Maid Cafe. They're closed now but they were California based. I believe they closed down due to Head Maid drama (girl who is second to the left). I actually forgot the name anon and had to look it up and ran into some maid cafe drama on /snow/ if anyone is interested.
>>
>>9004941
damn that's extreme. Aren't maid cafes usually volunteer based though?
I've also never heard of any drama regarding At Your Service, so I was a bit interested since I thought they were the most popular in the U.S.
Is anyone in this thread actually part of any maid cafes?
>>
>>9004941
I'm very interested.
>>
>>9004975
AYS isn't who >>9004941
Is referring too. AYS is a arizona based cafe that was created and run by hello batty. But with recent ways the largest arizona con goes, AYS was given the boot from Phoenix comic con and replaced by a new and up coming cafe.

Batty being well batty had a shit fest to the con organizer and kept playing the " people come to pcc for our cafe. Your really impairing your attendance of you give us the cut". They only have popularity because her and Divina stalk these forums and spam nonsense making it look like they are super popular and well liked. It's worked for the most part since everyone knows who they are now. But it's not because they are popular. It's because they are run by batty who has a pretty heavy lol-cow following.
>>
>>9002935

An hostess Maid Cafe will work well for the late night, I wouldn't mind a rave alternative to those who stay at the con during the after dark hours. As long as it is made clear this is just for swapping dirty conversations and not here for a hookup with the maids it could work well in giving us a sampler.

Plus the hotels can make a killing selling booze.

That said though, it takes a certain skillset for a maid to be trained in this.
>>
>>9005079
Where are you getting all this from? Are you talking about the anime anonymous cafes? Because those aren't maid cafes, just themed cafes.

Also batty and divina run the Maid Resource Facebook page right? I can completely see what you mean when you say they just try to make themselves look good.
>>
>>9005176
I'm friends with someone on the planning team and her massive blow up was talked about the other day. She really thinks that AYS brings in a lot of people. Yeah people come to the maid cafe but there isn't any one going to the convention just for the cafe. I can guarantee it. And every year people who bought their tickets online get a feedback form where they fill out things they would like to see more of and less of. Many people are not interested in the cafe and often complain about how nosy some of the maids can be when not running the cafe and just attending the con. To Kat, it's another maid cafe. I wouldn't put it past her and the other maids to come in here and shit talk the other cafe to make themselves look better. It's a shame that they stoop to that level of bitterness but this is hello batty we are talking about. She's got to stoke her ego some how and use her hench monkeyed to assist her.

Yes Kat is the head maid of AYS. Divina is second in command as she's been there from the start as well. Those two are buddy buddy even before Kat hit good on her e-fame. They like to make things bigger issues then they really are and white knight each other here very often to make them and the cafe look perfect. They have great uniforms which is quite nice. But the cafe is mediocre at best. Personally I wouldn't waste my con time with any of the cafes. I would much rather go to Japan one day and enjoy a real maid cafe.
>>
>>9005357
Bahaha this is a hilarious read, fuckin good, they finally got booted from their biggest event after rumors about a big comeback. Thank you.
>>
>>9005357
It's not a maid cafe even (which Sugar Pink comes to mind since they're showing up in AZ again) I thought it was a cosplay cafe.
Anyway. AZ needs to do away with both (because Sugar Pink is honestly not any better, I've heard some shady stuff of how they run things) and have the cons pull an AX and hire their own.
>>
>>9005650
Taiyou is following anime expos example and is building their own, instead of hiring an already formed group.

As far as western maid cafes go, I personally think they fail so often because head maids have their heads up their petticoats. It will be nice to see a cafe run by someone who isn't also a maid.
>>
>>9005673

Try that with Vancouver. The drama behind it was legit bad and is best seen as another proxy con war.

You see the maid cafe over here is run by a guy who works as a photographer. Good business sense but ruthless, he helped trained the maids for AR's maid cafe only to get cold feet and pressed the issue until he was on AR's banlist.

Funny thing is I prefer Tokimeki
>>
>>9005357
Anyone have caps of Trinku/Batty's blow up?
>>
>>9005987
She posted it on her personal Facebook. If any one has caps then by all means post it. I stopped being friends with her when she became a sjw piece of shit.
>>
>When your cutest maid a dark skinned mud asian.
>>
>>9006670
The yellow one is fat but she has a nice smile. The other two in the back tho, if you're taking photos for promotional purposes, why wouldn't you take a few more and at least give them some direction on how to fucking pose?
>>
Has anyone here ever been to a maid cafe event that wasn't at a convention? There are maid cafes that apparently do events at places like boba tea shops and little coffee places, and I was wondering how someone would approach a business for that?
The head maid at my cafe keeps bringing it up but I don't think she knows what she's doing.
>>
>>9007073

You offer to be basically advertising for the place. It is a promotion really since these small places rarely have more a couple of nearby residents going to the store. In turn you end up on the con maid cafes sponsor list
>>
File: maidnbebre.png (836 KB, 922x541) Image search: [Google]
maidnbebre.png
836 KB, 922x541
I'm soon-to-be first timer maid in a new cafe.
Our supervisors didn't really say what they were looking for so they didn't give any examples how to look or how not to look.

So I'm wondering about wigs and other accessories. I hate my natural hair so I definitely want a wig. Natural colors are the best for it I think? Or does it look bad if I have a pink wig?

Pic not related to my questions.
>>
>>8990421
Is that the Taste of Animethong Maid Cafe in Edmonton?
>>
File: 1502704352236826440.png (106 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
1502704352236826440.png
106 KB, 800x452
>>9007781
I'm pretty sure the one with the long pink wig is a guy...
>>
>>9007781
Natural for sure, if you go for anything unnatural keep it subtle- Brown mixed with dusky/soft pink, taro colour, natural looking strawberry blonde etc.

Otherwise a cute brown or black wig with bangs is an excellent choice for the meido look. Try keep it shoulder length/chest length or go the twintails/bun route. For accessories, some light deco headware (cute clips, bows) is nice, but don't overdo it, just a few, and match them with your maid outfit accents! I also really like it when girls add little plushies or pouches clipped onto their apron, i'll be doing it this year for my maid cafe. One girl had a stuffed Gudetama on her apron with us last year, it was so cute.
>>
>>9007781
Do either one you want, whatever you do don't get a really long wig though that's going to get tangled and look like crap after a few hours. Make sure you look cute! If you want a pink wig, just make sure it's not a bad looking pink wig and follow your dreams!
>>
This is happening in two weeks in NC.

I'm afraid.
>>
File: wiggss.jpg (514 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
wiggss.jpg
514 KB, 1200x800
>>9008143
>>9009643
Thank you for the advices!
I wanted strawberry blond but it was hard to find a good one. So these are my options. I would style and cut them more though.
>>
>>8990421
cringe worthy as fuck

walked into one to meetup with someone.....it was a college run one (off campus but ran by a college club) was fucking weird
>>
>>9004521
The Asian one was kept in the back preparing food. She looks ok/10 though. I rather be served by her than a hambeast but the hambeast didn't want a pretty asian to steal their spotlight
>>
>>9009680
I can't wait. Too bad my friends don't like maid cafes or watching cringe shit happen. I guess I'll sit there and enjoy the disaster alone.
>>
I was just wondering, are there actually any established and permanent maid cafes in the US? A quick Google search seems to indicate all of them have closed...
>>
>>9009713
All of those are really cute, cept just so you know, the one on the far right is a Dangan Ronpa Junko wig lol
>>
File: aa.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>9006670
>>
File: a.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>9010157
>>9006670
>>
File: kawaiimaid.jpg (17 KB, 229x254) Image search: [Google]
kawaiimaid.jpg
17 KB, 229x254
>>
>>9009680
I'm actually considering going. I'd be a total douche and go in a maid outfit myself but it's too last minute to get one.
>>
>>9009680
holy shit this art is so bad.
>>
>>8990421
I really like that they made the effort to get everyone in the same uniform. Even that makes them look better from the start.
>>
Can anyone tell me what happened with Honey Tea Maid Cafe? Last time I saw them, it was Yukapon's maid cafe with relatively cute girls. Now it's this.
>>
>>9010073
Well yeah. But I like the color. I would cut it shorter and full bangs and maybe curl it.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.