[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under The Sea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 37
File: FB_IMG_1462261230300.jpg (38 KB, 720x270) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462261230300.jpg
38 KB, 720x270
Under the Sea is coming up at the weekend, who's waiting for things to arrive in the post? What are you expecting to see? Got any tourist plans for being in Amsterdam?

I still havent finished planning either of my coords, looks like it's going to be 20-25 degrees Celsius though so I'm glad I don't need to pack too many layers
>>
>>8989967
I'll head off to Amsterdam tomorrow and stay there for a week. I planned a museum tour and also a day in s Hertogenbosch to visit the Bosch exhibit. Apart from that I'm prepared to blow all my money on the vendors at the event.

My coords are already planned but I fear I'm going to be underdressed as I'm neither very OTT nor sticking to the theme. I'm expecting that mermaid coords and pirates will dominate at the event.
>>
Ugh, I've been to Amsterdam 4 times and keep just missing these events becausenI live under a rock, though I did go in full Lolita every day last time. How much are tickets and where do you usually book your accommodation?
>>
>>8989985
Did you reserve tickets for the Bosch exhibition? It's sold out, so you can't visit the exhibition without a ticket.
>>
Is there a bring & buy at the event? I haven't heard anything about it.
>>
>>8990089
No bring and buy as far as I'm aware of. Too bad because I liked the bring and buys at the previous events.
>>
>>8989985
I will bring a friend who doesn't even wear lolita so don't worry. It's not strictly a lolita event is it? Even for the tea party there doesn't seem to a be a dresscode.
>>
>>8989995
You can sleep over at dutch lolita's house just check facebook or couchsurfing. I think there are tickets going for 30-40 euro (saturday)
>>
Sorry, >>8993362 was meant for >>8990155

>>8993401
>>8989995
Tickets are sold out by now but you can check the reselling thread at the event page, there's quite a few people selling their tickets
>>
Would it be weird if I shop up a few hours late?
>>
>>8993416
*show up
at the teaparty
>>
>>8993417
At the teaparty? I guess it would be kinda weird, food will be served at a set time and they'll have a schedule of activities I presume. Maybe ask one of the organisers, they'll know more
>>
>>8989995
Hi anon, you can have my ticket for cheap if you want. I am desperate to sell it.
>>
>>8993416
>>8993417
It's a sit down meal so yeah, that would be pretty awkward. Not sure if they'd let you in if you're very late
>>
>>8993399
As long as I know it was open for all j-fashion styles? In any case, I also won't wear lolita, since well... I'm not a lolita. I will dress in j-fashion, though. The reason I'm attending Saturday is mainly for Akira, Kimura Yu, Ayumi Watanabe, and Mamechiyo btw.
>>
Sea coords from instagram, everyone looks great today
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
That's all for now, missed a few mediocre ones. Looking forward to tomorrow's outfits
>>
I wish we could have listened longer to the woman who talked about the roots of lolita. I feel like she was kind of rushed away. If they had started half an hour sooner we could have had time to ask her questions. Also there were children playing and talking non-stop, you could also sometimes hear noise from backstage.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 627x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 627x849
N.O.
>>
>>8996134
the long ruffled skirt on the left, I have been looking for something exactly like it! Any clue as to where it is from, or something similar?
>>
>>8996165
What is this?
>>
>>8996138
that cosmic in the background is... unfortunate.
>>
>>8996099
Necklace beard?
>>
>>8996138
>>8996188
The outfit in the front right isn't much better. Everything below the wig looks really cheap even though I don't think it is.
>>
>>8996126
wtf is going on with that head..piece thing?

>>8996138
Girl on right as a great idea but she didnt pull through with her outfit. Why go for that big wig but not do big dress?
>>
>>8996114
The neck ruffle and hat feel so out of place here..
>>
>>8996099
I love her coords so much, they are always amazingly beautiful.
>>
>>8996203
I'd like to see the top of the hat, it looks like there's stuff up there.
>>
>>8996204
I like the ruffle, just not the hat.
>>
>>8996126
WTF is up with that headpiece? Is she trying to distract people from how poorly the dress fits and makes her look?
>>
>>8996165
This is just sad, so very sad.
>>
>>8996165
I believe she made this dress herself. I saw a post of it on FB.
>>
>>8996165
>taking coord pics from someone's fb which aren't public

makes it pretty easy for someone to figure out who you are m80
>>
>>8996144
She finished over half an hour of what was suppose to be already the slot of the Mamechiyo fashion show, though. So they were already over time. I guess they should have calculated a larger time slot.
>>
>>8996099
This lady always looks amazing!
>>
>>8996381
Uh no she finished at 40 past or so. I'm not saying mamechiyo should have waited longer tough. I think the organizers should have known how much time she needed. She really could have started half an hour earlier.
>>
What is there to do at this event? All the pictures I see it looks like everyone is just standing around a lobby. Sounds like there is a fashion show and a speaker from these comments? What else?
>>
>>8996134
Adding this to my insp folder. This makes me very excited to attend next year!
>>
>>8996399
You could also buy stuff and attent a lecture about the history of lolita.
But that was indeed pretty much it.
>>
>>8996111
I love this one.
>>
>>8996399
>>8996479
Wasn't there an afternoon tea? Looked pretty legit (unless the person I'm friends with did something on their own)
>>
>>8989967
official report-

not a lot to do this year, my third time going so I'm kinda pissed about it, I probably won't go again

octavekitten and those pirate chicks with her were totally wasted half the time. octave looks pregnant, I wonder if she is.

designer for JetJ was nice but wow so much fillers in her face since last event I saw her at. her shop manager was bitch and had the most patetic and sad haircut, she was this really short and grouchy 60slmething woman

marlessa was best dressed as always. second place was that gothic girl from california I think

a lot of the organizers were flakey, Kyra was nowhere to be found

fashion show was okay????

not much gothic, loads of tacky ottclassic and dreamy marine or whatever the AP print with the shells is
mila and marie are for sure broken up they barely looked at each other

moss marchen, voodoo dolly both sold out but the other indie brands were total shit

carmidoll worked like a dog I felt bad for her because the other organizers were slacking, herajika was there but boring

and the russian girls were bitchy self centered and taking billions of photos, nothing new

there were some ita 'steampunk' people and a bunch of fat British girls

and soooo many fat american girls too way more than before imo

Akira Didn't do much either desu

rumor was chibi tenshi was there but I didn't see her if she was there
>>
>>8996524
You sound like you have lots of friends and are a joy to spend time with.
>>
>>8996200
haha MM "cheap"? hardly
>>
>>8996520
I stayed until 4 o'clock. But I saw no mention of a afternoon tea anywhere.
I think she did that on her own.

The venue itself was only a lobby and a stage room(?). So there is wasn't really a place for a teaparty anyways.
>>
>>8996524
oh noo. my otp.
>>
>>8996126
her hat was really cool it had a pirate ship that fucking lit up, angle doesn't show it though
>>
File: 1448991436767.gif (2 MB, 228x202) Image search: [Google]
1448991436767.gif
2 MB, 228x202
>>8996536
almost snarfed my crackers anon
>>
>>8996099
This looks like a pearl beard the way it's coming from her ears.
>>
>>8996524
why would she get wasted if she was pregnant? she's some pharmacist, she isn't that retarded. she was having issues with what I think was her semi-permanent birth control (like the kind that you get implanted) so maybe she was bloated from that?
>>
>>8996536

like you came to cgl for the glowing hugbox
>>
>>8996554
dunno. she'd have cute babies though. her bf is hot too.
>>
>>8996554
/cgl/ thought i was pregnant once because i posted a photo where my petticoat was poofed weirdly over my stomach from sitting for a lot of the day, i wouldn't give this any weight at all
>>
>>8996574
lol cgl lol

Also, octave looked cool. No way is she pregnant. Lots of people were drinking. Grouchy anon needs to chill. There have been better events and worse ones. People were mostly well dressed, and I saw few if any itas. Only complaint is how hot it was and it could have used more programs but what did you expect?

I agree about Mila and Marie though, wonder if anyone actual knows.
>>
>>8996543
So she's making MM look cheap? That's even worse.
>>
>>8996524
Oh good. I didn't miss much then. Wasn't a huge fan of Amsterdam.
>>
>>8996581
There's a thick, whiskey-drenched line between "drinking" and "wasted". Being at events with her in the past, I'm guessing she drank that line.
>>
>>8996543
She fills out the top, and is pretty limp in the skirt. She should have worn a couple very poofy petticoats and a long underskirt to balance that hair. The sash and purse look really cheap.
>>
>>8996617
that's true but this is also cgl, and that anon sounded pretty grouchy in general - I wouldn't be surprised if they were exaggerating just to spice things up for their post.

waiting for more people to post their thoughts before I brush the event off as boring, way too easy for one Oscar-chan who had no friends there to claim that we didn't miss much.
>>
>>8996581
Knows what? Whether or not they broke up? Marie actually wrote about it briefly on tumblr recently, saying they broke up sometime last year and kept it quiet.
>>
>>8996640
This makes me really sad...
>>
>>8996619
It's really sad, the Antoinette OP would have looked so perfect with a lot more pouf.
>>
>>8996640
My OTP is gone
>>
>>8996117
She is about to explode out of that poor OP
>>
>>8996120
Did girl on left intentionally make herself look like she has black eyes/was just in a fistfight?
>>
So much secondhand embarrassment from these tacky costumey coords
>>
>>8996924
Same. Some people wore wigs that looked like they got it from a halloween store.
>>
>>8996920
I feel bad saying this but yeah, you're right. She's not fat or even overweight at all but that dress is clearly too small for her.
>>
>>8996524
wow what are you smoking.
>>
>>8996524

something got you triggerd. are you the obese, grumpy lolita who sat alone on the stairs?
speaking of obese people, a lot of the lolitas who were on the event yesterday need a diet. desperately.
>>
>>8997159

Huh, now you mention it a lot of the lolitas she was targetting are relatively thin and good looking. Good catch, anon.
>>
>>8996555
Yeah, I'm a cunt, this board is full of cunts too, but your cunt levels were so high it was actually startling. Why do you go to these events? You do not seem to enjoy them or have friends.
>>
>>8996924
I'm sad to see what lolita has become, just costumes, it does not really feel real fashion anymore.
>>
Did anyone else notice hardly anyone dressed for the weather? I get that most people plan their coord ahead of time but some of them would have been hot in winter in the Netherlands.
>>
>>8997172
Same. I bet most of those people won't even wear lolita again until another event/meetup.
>>
>>8997176
"waaaah not all lolitas are the perfect princesses 24/7 that I think they should be!!!!!"
>>
>>8997159
>>8997163
but she also complains about there being more fat people than she expected?
>>
>>8997184
>what is a red herring
>>
File: tumblr_n1slx5MDnX1rjwsr6o4_500.gif (756 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1slx5MDnX1rjwsr6o4_500.gif
756 KB, 500x281
>>8997179

How did you even get that from 'I wish lolita was less of a costume event show?'
>>
>>8996134
Not really digging the coord on the far left, but it's nice to see them keeping it real.
>>
>>8996524
I'll never understand why people like you shell out to go to these type of things
>>
File: salt.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
wow, you europeans go in hard.
>>
>>8997233
Just a few. We others know how to enjoy ourselves.
>>
>>8996099
I don't get the placement of the pearls, but everything is lovely. A+ sea foam vibe.
>>
I can't believe this girl is a mentor she looks awful
>>
>>8996524
Apparently I'm the only one but I thought this post was pretty amusing in an OTT bitchy Chinese Gossip way.
>>
>>8997367
>>8996524
samefag
>>
>>8997367

>thinking you're on CG's level

Oh honey don't.
>>
>>8997374
>>8997381
Not samefag, just shit taste.
>>
>>8996921
Isn't that the sailor's way of life?
>>
>>8997367
Cg gives real info. This is just made up drama from someone who he salty.
>>
The venue was really beautiful. It was probably expensive. The area was nice too. There wasn't much variety of food and tea. There were supposed to be 4 different teas but we only got offered two for some reason. People screamed a lot during the raffle and the staff looked bothered since it was a hotel.
>>
>>8997253
what wrong with her non existent fluff?
>>
>>8997411
They had all four teas, if you got up to take photos for awhile you probably missed them. The best was the second one in my opinion, but the food was delicious. I had a good time at the tea, and I thought that the energy during the raffle was much better than the one the day before when everyone just sat quietly. It made it more fun and took the focus off just winning.
>>
>>8997253
is that pursie? JFC

I feel like all the mods of various lolita groups (save for lolita updates) are all its or mediocre as fuck, and the more experienced lolitas just don't wanna have anything to do with a position like that. that whole "the most qualified people for the job never sign up for the job" thing
>>
>>8996524
Damn anon, you're gonna get a heart attack from all that salt.
>>
>>8996524
>mila and marie barely looked at each other!!!!

but they were taking photos with each other
>>
>>8997540
I hardly got up, just for a little while. It may also be because I was kind of in the back. Sometimes I saw the staff with tea and they would finish it before getting to our table. But I didn't make any effort to ask.
>>
what was up with the (American style) football team I'm seeing in some peoples pics? Like who were they and where did they come from/why were they there?
>>
>>8997849
I was wondering that too. Quite a juxtaposition.
>>
>>8996924
>>8997172

I have mixed feelings about this and I'm an oldfag. If I got the chance to go to hugely anticipated lolita events, I'd want to do my best at dressing to impress, however, there seems to be a fine line between showing off and dressing to the nines.

>>8996524
>Akira
ew
>>
>>8996524
>second place was that gothic girl from california I think
Well, it was good but looked kind of boring to me, like her another tumbler-y coord. But I really enjoyed her TP look! Red suits her so much.

>octavekitten and those pirate chicks with her were totally wasted half the time
Yep, also second that -
>>8996617
>There's a thick, whiskey-drenched line between "drinking" and "wasted"
Drinking is fun, but being in such a state she was in while attending such a big event is awful imo.

>loads of tacky ottclassic
Yes, girls were desperate. Also many cheap simple coords with minimum to no jewelry. It's okay, it's just the event itself feels like some AM con now, not something as refined and extravagant as it was before.

>moss marchen, voodoo dolly both sold out but the other indie brands were total shit

They just weren't as expensive-looking, which is okay as not many crafters work with metal as MM and VD do.

>and the russian girls were bitchy self centered and taking billions of photos, nothing new
At some point it was even funny to observe, though I felt kind of sorry for the poor gal that tried communicating with them and then failed because they were just too busy

>soooo many fat american girls too way more than before imo
The fat wasn't the issue in this case. They just looked really bad and lazy, is all.
>>
>>8997918
Moss Marchen doesn't work with metal that I know of, at least not metal casting. VooDoooDolly and IDoDeclare are the only two who do in the states that I know of.
>>
>>8997849
They were in the hallway of the hotel and people took pics with them because lol so random
>>
>>8996134
I need boots like the middle girl's. Does anyone know the make?
>>
>>8998377
I've been checking Instagram for the same info. No luck so far. There are several brands that make similar, but most of them don't have a thick heel like that.
>>
>>8998307
I can see that, but I wanted to know where they came from and why they were there. Like just some random models/team there for a photoshoot or what
>>
I saw Toni Määttä in person again and fell in love.

Why are fin boys so lovely.
I wish I could tell him in person, how much of a crush on him do I have, how much do I wish he could be my one and only husbrando.
>>
>>8996138
I love Lace La Mode but this coord had me wtf is she thinking???

That wig and dress looked poorly balanced.
>>
File: 4.png (451 KB, 500x634) Image search: [Google]
4.png
451 KB, 500x634
>>8997867
>>Akira
>ew
why you hatin?
>>
>>8997999
>Moss Marchen doesn't work with metal that I know of, at least not metal casting.
this, her components are easily found on eBay, Taobao, AliExpress, etc. i like her floral stuff that has more unique effort put in, but i don't understand why her rosaries are as popular as they are for that price.
>>
It was my First Time visiting any event of this kind last saturday and I honestly thought there were so many amazing outfits.
So many People had little details relating to the Theme.
>>
>>8998506
Probably because of the anime matsuri shit
>>
>>8998506

Not that anon but I don't really see the big deal over Akira. Same goes for Mana and Misko. I get that they're icons or whatever, but they're not that hot imo.

This is a weeb board though, so I'm not surprised how popular most Asian models get.
>>
>>8996138

Is Shannie pregnant or has she always been this big? Her face has been looking bigger to me lately. She looks too big for the dress she's wearing here.
>>
Anyone been to the afterparty and would like to report on it?
>>
>>8998562
>thinking Mana is on the same level as Akira and Misako

Get out. I don't think you know why he is an "icon". And it's not because of "hotness" either. He's a lot more than just a model, dumbass.
>>
>>8996640
Oh no they were so cute together.
>>
>>8997172
I don't know, people just shouldn't bitch on each other. OTT people think that everyone should OTT on these events, normal lolita's think that maybe they miss something if they don't go OTT but it definitely feels more like a fashion to me if you wear it normal. But nobody actually cares though, if you don't have fun just being there and meet people and buy and see stuff then it's sad.
>>
>>8998563
Shannie as in Little Pancake or am I thinking of a different one? Because if so, she used to be quite chubby before she lost weight. Her weight loss videos are still there on her old channel.
>>
>>8998562
Mana has had a massive influence on this fashion so..
>>
>>8998664
Someone else. She's always been skinny.

>>8998563
I was thinking the same thing. The pudge in front is just the petti bump, but her arms and chest are filling out the bust and sleeves way more than expected since she's usually a petite girl.
>>
It was a very good event. The guests were very approachable. Akira seems to understand English pretty well. I was disappointed there wasn't a bring and buy but I understand it's hard to manage for an event of this scale. Photographers did a good job on both days. Mariko Suzuki's talk was very informative and interesting, although it could have been more structured ? Indie brand show was ok, kimono show was very good. I was disappointed Kimura Yu didn't sing in the end. The TP was nice, lots of random fun like the footballers (Akira ran after then to get her picture with them).
>>
>>8997918
>It's okay, it's just the event itself feels like some AM con now, not something as refined and extravagant as it was before.
Genuinely curious, what makes you say this? I've been to a few of these events now and haven't noticed that much of a difference over time.
>>
>>8996204

I feel like it could work with a more ornate long sleeve blouse. The hat and ruffle are so fancy, and the casual short sleeve blouse kind of breaks the flow.
>>
>>8996144
I hope they will invite people like her to future events, she was the most interesting person there.
>>
>>8998729
I don't know what you guys see. She's a lovely girl but skinny/petite is not a word I would use to describe her. Her forearm is almost twice the size of Marie Dauphin's.
>>
>>8996112
That's some eerie shoop considering her face doesn't usually look like that
>>
>>8996099
for people who are wondering: the pearls are most likely a nod to traditional Russian headdresses. see image
>>
>>8996165
It's sad because the wristcuffs she makes are pretty good
She has the sewing skills, just not patterning and shape skills
>>
>>8996099
this one is my favourite coord of this event
and after looking at >>8999345 the pearl beard is excused
>>
>>8999890
She doesn't make wristcuffs - are you confusing her with one of the vendors at the event? She watched their table for half an hour.
>>
>>8999947
She doesn't, but the person who made the dress and whose table she watched does.
>>
>>8996524
Do you just like to make a bunch of shit up to get asspats from cgl? "Official", what a joke.

>I probably won't go again

Please don't, your attitude is terrible and you probably sat around sulking most of the day.

>a lot of the organizers were flakey, Kyra was nowhere to be found

Or maybe they were doing their jobs behind the scenes. Shocker, I know.
>>
>>8989967
From my perspective, the event was mostly positive! I was a vendor, so I spent a lot of time at my table but still was able to sneak away to watch the events. All 3 fashion shows were nice, Mamechiyo's kimono presentation was beautiful! The history talk with Mariko was very long... I got kinda bored by the end of it. Adding some pictures to it or something could've helped, maybe a powerpoint? I missed the Q&A so can't comment on that.

>>8996524
>moss marchen, voodoo dolly both sold out but the other indie brands were total shit

No they didn't. Miss Danger and Mossbadger completely sold out, both brands you mentioned still had stock by the end. Also, fuck you.

Lots of cute coords with the occasional ita but that is to be expected. Lots of sweet/classic.

Sunday tea party was really great, excellent venue, didn't feel rushed, good raffle and the guests each picked their favorite coord from the audience. I noticed more goth/pirate coords at the tea party. Each guest was really friendly and there was lots of opportunity for photos/kabedon with Akira. Overall it was pretty decent!
>>
AM tea party = no tea

SFE / TPC tea parties = tea, sandwiches, cakes, scones, cream, and did I mention tea?

Therefore, TPC and SFE are infinitely better than that scammer pervert in Houston
>>
>>8998379
Boo... Thanks though!
>>
>>9000097
this
>>
It was a great event. I loved both venues, those looked amazing. The weather wasn't really suitable for lolita, it was too warm in both of the venues. The guest were great, Mamechiyo, Akira and Kimura Yu were my favorites. The Mamechiyo fashion show was absolutely amazing, definity one of the highlights of the event. The vendors were nice, although I missed sweet lolita vendors.

I liked high tea, but is wasn't as much as I expected. At least it was better than Paris. The service from the hotel at the tea party wasn't good. A few lolitas felt bad because of the warm weather and the hotel staff didn't want them to give water at first. They also turned off the air conditioning.
>>
Kyra was absolutely useless and clueless the entire event, and hardly did anything. The only stuff she does to help out are the things that will get her closer to the guests, and then takes credit for everyone else's hard work
Why the fuck would an organiser model in the fashion show instead of helping fellow organisers when they need it? Apparently she didn't turn up to any of the rehearsals either
>>
>>9001212
She was working backstage for the main event on Saturday. She isn't there as your performing monkey, she's there to run an event, I don't know why people would expect an organiser to be visible all the time.
>>
>>9001190
We found this throughout Amsterdam, free tap water doesn't seem to be a thing like it is in the UK
>>
>>9001224
Also heaven forbid they do something fun at their own event...
>>
>>9001212
Kyra was working non stop all weekend aside from participating in the fashion show, she seemed totally exhausted and spent a lot of time helping organise the shows backstage, give her a break.
>>
Pictures from the tea party?
>>
>>9001238
Nope, water is always paid in Holland.
>>
>>8989967
Some girl was kicked out or not allowed in on Saturday. She looked terrible.
>>
>>9001340
Any more information on that? I was there, but didn't notice.
>>
>>9001340
>>9001344

I heard one of her friends complaining about it being unfair during the event?

What I've heard is that the girl that got kicked out was banned a few months ago because she didn't pay for her ticket and lied to the organisers?

Does anyone have more info on this? I'm super curious
>>
>>9001340
Does anyone know more about this?
>>
>>8997657
This, unless they were thrown together for photos, they must be on good terms, at least. People trying to start drama where there's none
>>
>>9001381

She was banned, but posted on someone elses instagram that she was going to go to UTS. I thought she was bluffing, but she actually showed up! Did anyone see her being escorted out?
>>
>>9001340
lolol it was Cat bra lollolol

Karma is a bitch
>>
>>9001420
Who?
>>
>>9001454
Cat Bra, you can look her up on FB.
>>
>>9001385
On Instagram there's pics of them taking photos together and I think even on one or both of their ig's they uploaded a pic of themselves. At the very least they're on good terms - I have no idea what level of friendship they have, but yeah. grouchy anon just sounds like they're exaggerating things to start drama....if they broke up and are in the awkward stages of semi friends I'm sure the day they "didn't look at each other" they were just busy with other friends or something and just didn't make each other a priority. (which, seeing as how they broke up apparently, isn't that surprising)
>>
>>9001468
Yeah, but what's her deal? I'm getting nothing from her facebook only what she looks like and that she's friends with Shelby. How bad was she that she was kicked out?
>>
>>9001528

It's just what >>9001357 said, not that spectecular
>>
>>9001357
Why the hell would you try to show up to an event you're banned from?
>>
>>9001528
She has a bitch fight with on of the organisers.

She is also rumored to post that organiser on BTB multipul times this year (because she did that 2 years ago).
But it's also rumored that that organiser did that herself to get attention for het blog/youtube. Which happend to always release a blog update in the same week as the BTB post. (So don't trust neither anons who claim one of those scenarios)

But she did try to get in, though she didn't pay for a ticket. So she got of course got kicked out.
>>
>>9001540
Also. R.I.P. my grammar
>>
>>9001540
Thanks for the explanation anon, I somehow missed the "no ticket" part so that makes more sense. Secret maker or not, trying to get in with no ticket is dodgy enough on its own.
>>
File: image.gif (400 KB, 480x206) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
400 KB, 480x206
>>9001568
>>
>>8996640
S-sauce?
>>
>>8996640
This will probably come across the wrong way, but I never knew Marie was so young! Whaat. She doesn't look old but even when she used to post to D_L I assumed she was mid-20's because she had that mature style and look. No wonder she's not aging!
>>
File: grfdgr.png (15 KB, 518x263) Image search: [Google]
grfdgr.png
15 KB, 518x263
>>9001578
>>
>>9001540
what kind of person would turn to an event they are banned for with no ticket? easier to believe those rumors now
>>
>>9001340
I wouldn't be surprised secrets will show up this weekend because of this incident.
>>
>>9001645
is this the Car Bra girl again or someone different? Does anyone have deets?
>>
>>9001597
Maybe refence for framing her with the BTB posts (not saying it was smart or righteous)? But the discussion about the fight between those two is for the Dutch thread. Leaf this thread for UtS photos and posts.
>>
>>9000097
AM is not really a benchmark though. That's like saying "well, it's not milanoo soo...."
>>
>>9001651
I got some deets but I can't really prove them since it was all in a call but it is Cat Bra again, she showed up with no ticket and actually banned from the event for failing to pay her tickets 3 times. Some girls she already had beef with yelled at her and called for security and such.
>>
>>9001587
Isn't she early 20s?
>>
>>8996126
Anyone know where she got that princess sleeve blouse?
>>
File: watamote-if-i-stay-here-ill-cry.png (268 KB, 1363x768) Image search: [Google]
watamote-if-i-stay-here-ill-cry.png
268 KB, 1363x768
>>8997394
Sailor here. Confirmed, but it usually looks like two 18yr, white trash kids fighting after too many nattys in the barracks.
>tfw only wear lolita at cons, nowadays.
>>
>>9001302
I'm also interested to see pictures from the tea party.
>>
>>8998506
It was a mistake. At the time I replied, I thought OP was referring to David/go-fund-me brand whore Akira, not hot-gender bend model-san Akira.
>>
>>9001238
>>9001327
No. Tap water is free, you just have to specify you want free tap water, or they'll give you bottled water which is not free.
>>
>>9003055

Plenty of restaurants don't serve tapwater tho. They will only bring you water you have to pay for.
>>
>>9003072
In the US any place serving food MUST supply you with free tap water upon request.
>>
>>9003147
It's probably because the restaurant makes the most money with selling drinks. The profit margin for drinks is much higher than for food, so of course they want you to pay for it and not have free tap water. Also for Amerifags, in most EU countries waiters get paid more than in the US for the most parts. Not that much, but certainly more than $2.13 an hour. So the restaurant needs to earn more money to pay the waiters, because they don't rely so much on tips as their salary as they do in in America.

A friend of mine got tap water in two reastaurants, personally I find it a bit embarrassing to ask for tap water. It makes you look so cheap and tacky. If you can't afford a simple soda or bottled water, don't go out eating.
>>
>>9003233
>ordering tap water makes you look cheap
I think it strongly depends on what else you're ordering. If I drink coffee and eat cake, I need some water to fight the thirst. If I get wine or something like that, I also don't drink it against the thirst and think it's perfectly fine to ask for tap water on the side. But I wouldn't ask for tap water as my only drink.
>>
File: IMG_1434.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1434.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
You have to pay extra for water at a restaurant in Europe. The water is not even tap water, you choose between sparkling or mineral water.

Go read Rick Steves next time before coming to the EU.
>>
>>9003147
>in the US
We're talking about Amsterdam you silly peanut
>>
>>9003271
That's not true, in some European countries it's normal to get tap water for free. Hell, in Austria it's even expected to be served with every coffee and people throw a hissy fit if they don't get their precious water.
>>
>>9003271
As a Dutchie, my experience is that when you ask for water as your only drink, you get bottled water, while if you order water on top of another drink, you'll get tap water.
That's most restaurants, though, not all. Some refuse to serve tap water even though I'm pretty sure they're legally required to when asked.
>>
>>9003233
I order tap water because I want water to drink (and because it's healthy), not because I'm too cheap to order something else. I don't understand why you'd order bottled water at a restaurant unless your local water supply is really bad. It's the same thing.
>>
Disappointed to see Haenuli as the main guest for the next London tea-party. As I don't have any of her pieces would it be a faux pas to wear another brand?
>>
>>9005515
I doubt it. It's usually only a faux-pas to do something like that if the event is organised by the brand themselves.
>>
>>9005517
Thanks for answering anon, unfortunately I mainly wear gothic and only briefly only owned one of her prints so would be stuffed.

>meant to post this in the general
>>
>>8996129
That fucking neck ruffle.
>>
>>9005515
Pretty disappointed as well, here's hoping other invited guests/vendors will make up for it.
>>
Overall I thought UTS was pretty good, though there was flaws with both days.

Saturday:
Felt unnecessarily cramped downstairs. I feel like they could have pulled the stalls out more into the middle.
The intro Q&A, those poor guests really should have been provided with chairs
The history of lolita panel went on far too long, which is a shame as the content was interesting, but they were just reiterating points too much. Could really have benefited with a slideshow with examples
There really should have been a photo room aside. All the official photographs I've seen have been the same 10 or so people with the most OTT coords. Would have liked the chance to queue up and get a picture, the venue was so cramped in some parts that I got no good photographs indoors on Saturday.

Sunday:

Where was the food? Like seriously, how much were tickets, 50 euros? There was barely a starter's worth of food, I even heard the organisers complaining. At every other tea party I've attended, you get three times what was provided. And I was only offered two of the supposed four teas.
The ice breaker game was over way too fast, not one of the best ideas. Cute concept, but it was just a split second game of snap and then it was over. Should have had a bingo card where you need to find people with cards that make really silly print names, or something to encourage you to talk to several people over the day to collect various print names, like if you had the work Carnival, match someone with Daydream, or someone with Crystal, etc. Felt like it missed the mark.
Not an issue with the event itself, bur dear god people need to be careful on stairs. Some poor girl fell down really hard when taking photos and someone started having a panic attack during the group shot (does anyone have this? Haven't seen it anywhere). Maybe taking the group shot outside may have been better, but no one ever seems to prepare for where they're going to shove everyone at once.
>>
>>9005903
I really enjoyed Sunday, the venue was nice although warm, the raffle prizes were far better, and there was more of them, than Saturday's prizes, and I preferred the atmosphere. The afterparty venue was far too small, it was nice seeing people briefly afterwards but I'd have preferred a bar with more space and slightly quieter music so you could talk if you wanted but still dance. Also the loos stank of vomit and the venue had only been open about 30 minutes, made me nauseous. Bought a few things Saturday but most items were pretty same-y. Wish Lockshop had a bigger range there, but maybe I was just late to the table. Really didn't enjoy rummaging through bags on the floor while people blocked the table to chat away. Could have benefited with a catalogue or print out of the styles she had with her and just kept the wigs behind the table so you select from the catalogue rather than trying to tell a wig style while its in the bag. The indie designers had some better dresses in the fashion show than previous events, but it irks me that right after a model, who's probably hot and sweaty, has worn a dress, the designers put it on the rail to sell without any kind of wash. Also many items had no price tags. I'm not gunna ask you how much each thing costs, it puts me off totally.

Overall Saturday was okay, Sunday was much better but needed more food, would go again if the next location is as nice.
>>
>>9005903
>>9005911
This is a fair, comprehensive review of things, agree with pretty much all of it. Have no idea who actually got all 4 teas since people claimed they did.
>>
>>9005922
I think sometimes they came around with a new tea when you still had the last tea in your cup, and if your cup was still full they moved along to another. At one point a waiter went to refill my black tea with a fruit tea (???). I'd rather have been given the choice of 1 out of the four, than left to wait if I'll finish my cup by the time the next pot comes around, but I can see how confusing that would have gotten with the volume of people there, remembering who had picked which tea.
>>
Someone post more pictures please, I hardly see anything being posted.
>>
Not a single photographer has posted a picture of me.
>>
>>9006002
Different anon but my cup was empty most of the time and I only got offered two different ones too. I actually asked about it but still didn't get the other ones. The venue was great but the staff was not good.
>>
>>9006561
Did any photographer took a picture of you? Most are still not finished with editing all of their picture.
If nobody took a picture of you, why act suprised.
>>
>>9006551
No, we don't need drama on here.

Besides nobody wants to tell anyone about the after-after party orgy. I had a great time at the UtS orgy.
>>
>>9003271
You surely have never been to france. If you ask for water here, unless you're at a really famous and expensive restaurant (like 100€ for a menu), you'll get tap water or if they ask you what mineral water you want just ask for tap water and they'd never refuse it, as I think it's forbidden or something. As someone who has travelled a lot in Europe, if you ask for tap water politely in other countries, you're usually going to have your request fulfilled. I found out that in Italy for example it's less likely to be accepted and some countries are like that, but otherwise you can get tap water pretty much anywhere if you ask politely.
t. Frog who drinks 3 liters of water per day.
>>
>>9006706
Ignore FB, he still doesn't know how to not look like a 60 year old sissy
>>
File: 2.jpg (932 KB, 1100x737) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
932 KB, 1100x737
Why is Lunie always so cute? Even if she is aging she stays adorable.
Pretty,photogenic and rich as hell. I am so jelly...
>>
>>9006730
Also her and Kitch (she is super cute too and seems kinda rich but i am maybe mistaken) seem to share such a strong bond. At least i remember they used to. At some point i nearly thought they were having a girl crush on each other
>>
>>9006706
France was a blur to me. All I drank was Perrier and Coke. Most recently, I was in Italy & Switzerland. I see sparkling/fizzy water is consumed more in the EU compared to Burgerland.

>>9006715
You're up early. Are you having painful cramps vandetta chan? Have you seen my expanding wardrobe? I always ensure they're free of your salt every week.

Just wait till the next SFE event. I'll go. You'll be raging on the computer seeing me there and not you.
>>
>>9006740
>must have a vendetta to find you creepy and look like an old sissy

Now you're acting like one with your response too
>>
>>9006740
>expanding wardrobe

Don't you have like 10 dresses? Lol. No one takes you seriously. You're only making things worse for yourself. Get off cgl and work on pretty much everything first.
>>
File: so rori.jpg (54 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
so rori.jpg
54 KB, 422x750
>>9006730
Her eye makeup looks ridiculous. If you're not asian, you really don't need to use all those eye-widening tactics. Also the socks she has look weird with the dress.

>>9006740
fb have you looked in a mirror lately? criticisms of you are clearly warranted.
>>
>>9006740
>>9007624
>>9007631
thirded, nobody would give about your shitty attitude and shitty dresses if you stopped tripfagging at the least and ideally just lurked for a good five-six years
>>
>scroll past thread
>this fucker's voice gets stuck in my head

every time
>>
>>9007758
That's an old photo. Find a newer one.
>>
>>9006706
Ugh can you even drink the tapwater in france and italy? That doesn't seem very safe to me... especially italy.
>>
>>9012585
What's the problem with Mediterranen water? East block water is what you should be cautious with. At least the French label the unsafe taps.
>>
>>9006625
Obviously they had their photo taken by their post. Are you legit autistic?
>>
>>9007987
I remember you as getting even worse, so maybe they were actually trying to be kind
>>
>>9012585
You usually can, it just tastes really bad.
>>
>>9012585
Depends where in France. The tap water in Paris is renowned for being great - they even sell carafes with the diff arrondissements on them to advertise how great it is, so you can put the tap water on your table in a fancy way. Tasted just like the water in my UK city (stolen from Wales).
>>
>>9012956
I noticed that too. It was really funny because Paris tap water still tastes worse than the tap water in my area, so I think French people are just so used to tap water being gross that they think Paris water is amazing simply for being drinkable.
>>
This many posts about goddamn tap water? Really? I wanted details about the event, but not this. :(
>>
>>9012956
Well french people are known for jerking off to themselves way too much. Especially the parisians.
I don't even get what people find that attractive about that piss hole.
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.