[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know a really like a piece of clothing or a hairstyle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 298500291.png (113 KB, 279x293) Image search: [Google]
298500291.png
113 KB, 279x293
How do I know a really like a piece of clothing or a hairstyle or if I really just think the model looks pretty? Anyone else struggle with this?
>>
>>8988125
You might actually be retarded anon.
>>
>>8988133
It's a well known fact that the more attractive you are the more you can get away with things that people would hate on less fortunate people. If you aren't a 10/10 or at least an 8/10 like most people who model things it can be hard to know if it will suit you.
>>
File: tumblr_o3r1cdtXQg1tbni8yo1_540.jpg (217 KB, 539x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3r1cdtXQg1tbni8yo1_540.jpg
217 KB, 539x810
actually I know this feel. I'm constantly having to remind myself that just because an outfit looks amazing on someone pretty doesn't mean it'll look good on me, so no I don't need that jsk
>>
I used to have this problem but I have gotten better thankfully.

Its really a matter of finding the style you like and then knowing how to dress for your body.

So for example myself I like sweet lolita/decora/fairykei okay cool. Now from some past experience I know what certain clothes items look good or not good on me and that I am pear shaped. Because of this items that accent my waistline are the best for me.
Some of it you have to try out for yourself. What clothes do you feel comfortable in, what clothes do you think look silly on you? Some of this is personal preference too and to heck what certain stylists say.

For me personally I like flare out skirts that fall on about the knee. I hate how I look in full length dresses unless they had some kind of poof/petticoat happening which is really only something you would wear to an extravagant event. I really dont like anything clingy on my legs unless its the leggings+shorts combo. Oversized shirts tend to make me look double fat as it hides away the skinniest part of my body

People who are attractive or skinny have more leeway in what they can wear since they look nice really no matter what.
>>
>>8988125
I know this feel. Always have to remind myself not to buy pastel dresses and OTT princess OPs.
Same with hime-cut, never again on my head.

But I guess it's trial and error.
>>
Hair imo is a bit harder to mess up. The face shape thing really only matters if you are doing a drastic hair change. Almost everyone looks nice with hair that has bangs (especially the straight across bangs that are popular in lolita) and hair framing the face.

You only really have to be careful about what up-dos you do and if you ever decided you wanted to try short hair
Oh and hair texture kind of matters for hair cuts. Like if you have poofy/wave hair then a bob would most certainly look terrible since it becomes a tent.
>>
>>8988355

I find it so rare that I see someone who doesn't look at least decent in pastels, why do you feel that way anon?
>>
>>8988360
I just don't like the look of it on my body. I don't feel really good in them. Also, I'm really really pale and feel weird with pastels. Maybe a non-lolita dress might work, but a pastel lolita dress just makes me look like a young girl in a huge dress standing out a lot.
>>
>>8988360
I don't look good in pastels.
Between my cool toned skin that looks really pink, and my more mature facial structure, pastels just look off of me.
I have yet to meet a pastel that didn't wash me out.
>>
File: 1455575128035.jpg (170 KB, 599x594) Image search: [Google]
1455575128035.jpg
170 KB, 599x594
>>8988364

I can understand then why you feel uncomfortable! I'm sure it looks alright on you, but clothes are really about making you feel your best. I'm sure you look absolutely in either classic or gothic though with the darker palettes.

>>8988374
I'm having a hard time imagining your skin tone, do you have an example? Doesnt have to be your own face, just someones skin who is similar.

Pic related is the only person I've seen so far that I thought looked bad in pastel. Somehow it just make their skin so yellow like they have jaundice
>>
I have the same problem sometimes. I just need to keep reminding myself that I'm not a small adorable Japanese girl with the face of a 12-year-old. What helps is to stare at myself in the mirror for a few seconds before I decide to buy anything, because if I just look at pretty models all day I start to see myself in them and forget what I actually look like.

>>8988352
>tfw pear shape
>Don'ts: exaggerated voluminous skirts, bold prints on bottom
hahaha fuck this I do what I want

also holy shit Chrome just autofilled my work email into the email field and I only noticed like a millisecond before clicking 'post'
>>
>>8988700

Right haha, I thought that tidbit was hilarious too. Sometimes normie fashion styling is really dumb to me, but other things can be really helpful

I saw this one and thought the pear one was stupid. I really dislike how much that sort of long dress accents how big my hips are. Maybe it would look good if you were a super fit pear, but I got chub there that I dont really want to show off thanks.
>>
>>8988722
tbqh all those dresses are pretty horrible for the body types. full bust with an empire waist? Hope you like looking pregnant. Structured dress on straight would look like a rectangle. I would swap the dresses as follow:
Straight's dress to Hourglass or Full Bust
Pear's or Full Bust's dress to dress to Straight
Apple's dress to Pear
Hourglass's dress to Apple, although it would probably look nice on all body types imo. Hourglass can wear all these dresses too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.