[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contact lenses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 19
File: 2016-off-season-banner-home.jpg (252 KB, 1400x635) Image search: [Google]
2016-off-season-banner-home.jpg
252 KB, 1400x635
New Thread! Discuss where to buy, where not to buy, recent purchases, reviews and sales!
>>
Any circle lens brand/series recommendations for someone with astigmatism and rather dry eyes? I've only ever used normal clear lenses and have been told not to wear them for more than ~6 hours at a time but I want to experience being as kawaii desu as the rest of you gulls, even if it's just the once. I'm mostly looking for a very natural brown but other colors could be fun, too.
>>
>>8988553
Neo Vision torics
>>
File: Lenses.jpg (134 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Lenses.jpg
134 KB, 1366x768
Can someone ID these lenses?
>>
>>8990300
Desiolens for sure, not sure about the color though.
>>
Anyone know if any store still sells Beuberry Kitten Eyes Brown?? Can't seem to find them anywhere :(
>>
File: tumblr_o1stk5k2MP1v3sqczo1_1280.png (282 KB, 1024x878) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1stk5k2MP1v3sqczo1_1280.png
282 KB, 1024x878
I need bright blue lenses, I have dark brown eyes myself.
Which lenses are the best? I want circle lenses. I'm completely new to lenses. Also please excuse any English mistakes.
(Preferably in Europe)
>>
>>8985506
Does anyone know where to find super natural grey ones that don't enlarge your eyes that much?
>>
>>8993267
http://www.520lens.com/products.php?product=GODDESS-BLUE
>>
>>8993475
520lens is sells fake lenses!
>>
>>8993283
I bought a pair of three tone Geo greys, they arrived a few days ago. I could see how they look on me and give you my opinion on them. Do you have light eyes or dark eyes?
>>
>>8993476
Fake.. lenses..?
>>
>>8993566
Counterfeits of brands
>>
I went to my optometrist today and my base curve is 8.1. How fucked I am?
>>
I recently ordered some lenses from Uniqso. One was Sweetie in blue something or other and the other two were Barbie Puffy lenses in purple and green.

I have to say that altogether I'm really disappointed, as I was hoping for nice colours but they are not vibrant at all. Nice enlargement, yes, but barely any colour change. Maybe it's just my eyes (they're a drab grey-green, maybe it doesn't show up as well as it would on dark eyes? idk)

I had previously ordered lenses from Pinky Paradise and loved them - I think they were Princess Pinky Twilight red and the colour was bright and just fantastic. I should have stuck with them, just paying 30 CAD per pair was bit out of my budget at the time.

If anyone else has any lens suggestions that are brightly coloured and look good with light eyes (I don't even care if there's a stark boundary between the iris and and the lens, it's fine) then I'm all ears.
>>
>>8993713
Vassen Sweet Bliss in voilet. Shit is purple (maybe even to vibrant for some people).
I have blue eyes and I always get compliments when I wear them. But sometimes you'll scare people who didn't expect it for a short moment.

>Excuse my. Do you know the way to...
>turn my head.
>holy shit, you've got purple eyes.
>>
File: awwwy yisss.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
awwwy yisss.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>8993859
Hot damn anon, I bookmarked that shit so fast. Thank you!
>>
Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.youknowit.com/ ? THey have the perfect cateye lenses, for the character I'm cosplaying, but it seems to good to be true.
>>
>>8993594
That's impossible
That base curve doesn't exists
>>
>>8993496
I have green eyes. but that would be great!
>>
when I was in college I would wear circle lenses every time I had class, so I would stock up and buy them in bulk. I've graduated now and I only wear them when I go out (which never really happens because hermit) or wear lolita... I've got a whole stockpile collecting dust, some of them are even in a prescription I don't wear anymore

I probably should have planned my lens sprees out more to avoid this situation....
>>
>>8993908
Don't do it, anon. For two reasons:

You can buy cateye lenses on the cheap, but unless you're getting a pricier kind that is weighted, or a larger lens that will only fit in one way and won't spin, you're going to have a problem. Lenses typically spin around throughout the day, so pretty quickly you're going to have the pupil of your cat eye tilting sideways.

Second, youknowit is a gamble. Some people have no problems ordering from them, but some people have gotten shitty lenses.

>>8993713
You didn't get a nudy lens, did you? Usually those are really subtle colors.

For purple, try super pinky. Every other purple lens I've tried just hasn't compared at all. And honestly their blue is really vibrant too.
>>
File: ifairy-siberian-brown-01.png (297 KB, 588x361) Image search: [Google]
ifairy-siberian-brown-01.png
297 KB, 588x361
I got these siberian hazel lenses from i.fairy and I am so let down. They aren't vibrant like these at all, they are just a plain brown that don't show up well on my dark green eyes. I doubt these would show up much better on darker eyes. This stock photo is totally misleading.
>>
>>8993713
The best lenses for light eyes in my experience

The Geo tricolor series
-They are small (14.2) but natural looking. I have these in purple and they show up nicely on my green eyes without looking scary.

Super Pinky series
-These lenses are huge but they show up. I've tried the blue, grey and red. These lenses don't have a black limbal ring, and the actual design is actually pretty natural looking, so you can almost get away with these for daily wear.

Vassen Sweet Bliss/Cloud 9 series
- Like >>8993859 said, these lenses will show up. But they are very vibrant, almost scary looking. Unless you do over the top makeup often, or wear cosplay, I don't recommend these lenses. I've tried these in purple, pink, and blue. The blue pair looked the most natural.

G&G Shiny (or Puffy 3 tone)
-I have these in purple and they are very natural looking while also showing off the color and blending in with my natural eyecolor. They are slightly enlarging but no so much that it looks bad.
>>
>>8995009
>G&G Shiny (or Puffy 3 tone)
These are dry and uncomfy as fuck, though.
>>
>>8993908
basically the same quality as any other lens store like honeycolor or pinky paradise. They do come in the brands packaging though. I got mad hatter yellow a while back. Just make sure they fit since they arent really circle lenses
>>
>>8993283
Desio lens 100%
>>
>>8994993
Yeah, they're definitely not as vibrant as the stock photos but I still liked mine.
>>
I have cluster headaches- the whites of my eyes get all bloodshot and red due to them if a cluster period happens
I've never worn contacts for cosplays but I'd like to one day but I want to know if it's safe to do so
>>
>>8995320
Go to an eye doctor.
>>
>>8995047
Puffy 3 tones were so dry that I couldn't wear them longer than 5 minutes. They dried and clouded up. I ended up throwing them away.
>>
>>8995047
>>8995371
I've never had any issue with them. My current pair is on the older side and I still can wear them with no problem
>>
good hazel lenses for light eyes that aren't super expensive? pls help
>>
File: foureyes.png (270 KB, 633x229) Image search: [Google]
foureyes.png
270 KB, 633x229
>>8993908
>Tried to buy from them, the US wasnt even a listed option to ship to
>Buy from a sister-store with the same shit that actually ships to the US
>"oh look, they have videos demonstrating the lenses"
>60 dollar order for 2 lenses plus shipping
>tries them on and they completely disappear on my eyes
>FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTBw-25LLs
>>
Has anybody had any experience with Vassen / I.Fairy Super Crystal series? I'm looking at getting the brown.
>>
ok dumb question but I have a BC of 8.4 and all the circle lenses seem to be 8.6. is there any brand that sells 8.4, or any brand you think will still work? I really want to circle lenses, but I would settle for just some nice colored contacts if it came down to it.
>>
File: sadasd.jpg (84 KB, 1080x440) Image search: [Google]
sadasd.jpg
84 KB, 1080x440
Does anybody here have any recommendations for a natural blue/grey lens on blue/grey eyes?

I've been trawling stores like PinkyParadise and Honey Color for hours now and whilst I keep coming across lenses I like the diameter is always that little bit too small, too big, or they suffer with the keyhole effect. I'm looking for a graduated, gradient that'll blend with my natural colour.

I really like G&G A21 Grey and Geo Tri Color Blue but unfortunately both of them are only 14.0mm whereas I'm looking for something in the 14.2mm - 14.5mm region.

Picture related are my eyes lens-free. If anybody has the same colour and have found a nice, natural lens that works for them please hit me up!
>>
File: tumblr_l233uwr5wk1qb59lso1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x165) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l233uwr5wk1qb59lso1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x165
>>8997687

Apparently this is what Geo Tri Color Blue look like on light blue eyes in case anybody is interested.
>>
>>8990300

Those look like G&G Dueba Barbie Grey to me.
>>
>>8997687

These are G&G A21 Grey on light/green eyes.
>>
Honey Color buy 1 get 1 free (selected lenses) is ending in 8 hours guys!

I want to get some prescription ones. My eyes need different strengths, one of them is -0.50, but they don't offer that, nor -0.25. Do you think I'll be fine with -0.75, or should I just get plano for that one?
>>
>>8997700

I always have this problem and I just go to the next strength up. It's personally never caused me any problems.
>>
Another G&G A21 Grey on light eyes.
>>
File: 1442463105531.jpg (402 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1442463105531.jpg
402 KB, 1920x2560
>>8994993

Do you not look up other photos on Google before making a purchase?

Also the lenses probably do really look like that.... under flash photography.
>>
>>8997472
You can normally wear .1 above so maybe 8.5 is easier to find?

What are the more moisturising brands/series people use, I have some geo nudeys and they make me so uncomfy. I can wear them the full 8 hours but I'm desperate to take them out at the end
>>
>>8997702
In the same vein as this, does anybody have experience wearing lenses slightly underneath their strength?
For example, I've had two prescription changes in the last few years, but I only have the documentation of the power of the first one. It was -3.75, and I know the next time I needed a little bit more strength, enough to require new lenses.
Would it be alright to wear lenses in -3.75? Or would that possibly cause damage? Eye exams here are really expensive ($100+) so I'd really like to avoid that if it turns out it's barely any difference.
>>
>>8998068
I wear -3.75 now, and when I wear my old -3.50 ones it makes it pretty hard for me to see. It's basically just like taking a jab out of your vision, I guess. Apparently it's not healthy for your eyes, but take that as you will.
>>
>>8997734
lol those are my eyes. Anyway, I have lighter eyes and they're definitely not as vibrant as the stock photos. I can understand why the op was disappointed.
>>
>>8997687
I've been really digging the Naturalli lenses in green as of late because they're daily disposable and the enlargement doesn't make me look like I took a bunch of molly.
>>
>>8998300
*Naturali

Dropped my link

http://en.pinkicon.com/product-987.html
>>
I've never worn contact lenses before (Glassesfag)
How easily can I adjust to contacts?
>>
>>8999724
You're going to have to get measured for contact lenses first before you should even think about attempting circle lenses.
>>
>>8997687
spoony?
>>
File: 134.jpg (183 KB, 1090x1600) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
183 KB, 1090x1600
I just bought Geo Tri Color Blue with G&G Blossom Grey as a free extra from Honeycolor.
The G&G Blossom Grey are the one pictured (not a picture of me), but it's got a pretty thick limbal ring so I'll be interested to see how they look on me. Hopefully not too spoopy.
>>
File: 9__538c6539ddf2b374c148d804.jpg (87 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
9__538c6539ddf2b374c148d804.jpg
87 KB, 680x510
>>9000357

Another.
>>
>>8994460
I was actually wrong about them being geos apparently some other ones I got were geos and these were dolly eye greys (so EOS brand).

http://www.uniqso.com/big-eyes-circle-lenses/grey-circle-lenses/dolly-eye-natural-3-tones-grey

They're a lot nicer than in the stock photos. There's a little enlargement on my eyes but it's not bad and looks pretty natural. I've worn them for a few hours now with no issues. My eyes are blue already so they look pretty natural on me, but I doubt they'd show up much on dark eyes. My only complaint is that in dark light I can see some grey around my eyes but that's not too much of a big deal for me.
>>
I'm looking for some really vibrant green contact lenses that'll show well on dark brown eyes. Has anyone had experience with I-Codi Naty Green (http://www.uniqso.com/i-codi/icodi-naty-ic2-26-green) or ICK Cherie 3 Green (http://www.uniqso.com/ick-cherie3-green)? Or if you guys have any other suggestions. I'm looking for more colour than enlargement.
>>
>>9000841
Naty green is the same design as the Vassen Cloud Nine series. I'm not sure if they have the same opacity. As for the ICK lenses, I would say the Naty green lenses would come out more vibrant.
>>
>>8997356
i love that series; I've gotten the blue/green/pink and they're all very vibrant and enlarging.
>>
File: 198368_1793932441559_5432109_n.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
198368_1793932441559_5432109_n.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>9000841

Max Pure Green are pretty vibrant on brown eyes.
>>
>>8998068
I ordered contacts and then ended up getting an eye exam like, the week after. So my current set of contacts are all in -3.0 (I'm actually -4.0) which is the same as the glasses I clearly wore a year or two longer than I should've. It's bothersome, but I only wear them for cons and photoshoots so it's hard to say if it's unhealthy. I do experience that I'll want to take them out a bit earlier, though.
>>
>>8998068
It won't cause physical damage to your eyes like corneal abrasion or anything, that's caused by incorrect base curve/poor lens care. 0.25 either way doesn't really make a huge difference and in fact at higher prescriptions contact lenses progress in steps of 0.5 diopters. Theoretically wearing a lower script can cause eye strain which could lead to headaches, but it depends on how sensitive you are to this. My optometrist gave me contacts that are 0.75 diopters difference to my glasses prescription (I think usually for people not as myopic as I am it's about 0.25-0.5 difference) and don't correct my astigmatism, and although I'm legal to drive and can see fine I definitely notice the difference if I have been wearing my glasses for a while.
>>
File: 1399080306600.png (367 KB, 598x512) Image search: [Google]
1399080306600.png
367 KB, 598x512
>get lenses
>can't even put them in
I can't stop blinking and the poking makes me flinch. I've tried following youtube videos but every time I just can't get the things in. Should I consult an eye doctor to help or just git gud? Con is coming up soon and the things have just been sitting in their cases for days.
>>
>>9001251
Keep practicing anon, you'll get it eventually! When I first tried to put in my circle lenses, I blinked a lot, too. What I did was put the contact on the side of my finger (the upper part, like an inch below the top of your finger), tilted my head down but kept my eyes up looking at the mirror, pulled down my lower lid slightly and popped them in no problem.

It takes a few tries, but this method works for me.
>>
>>9001251
As someone who wears contact lenses every day, part of it is your technique and part of it is just getting used to them. I hold my eyes open with my index and ring fingers and put lenses in with my middle, which wasn't the most "common" technique but worked for me. Keep trying, practice makes perfect.
>>
>>9001251

Next time you try doing this, look diagonally towards the center of your forehead and try placing the lens on the white of your eye. Afterwards blind a few times and it will shift onto your pupil and settle.
>>
Any recs for non enlarging light blue lenses that look good on dark brown eyes, and are generally comfortable?

I'm a beginner with them and i'm not going to buy any until i visit an eye doc, but i want to have some options.
>>
>>9000357
wow this looks freaky
>>
>>8996258
You're lucky. Mine were green, might've just been a bad batch, but I won't touch those again.
>>
>>9002185

Yeah, but they were free so eh.
>>
Whats another place to order contacts that isn't pinky? my order keeps fucking getting deleted and they keep saying my bank refuses to process the transaction when I have PLENTY of money in there and everything is fucking fine with my card info. Im super pissed because I rush ordered a pair that won't get here and my convention is in 12 days. Am I just fucked and going to have to pay for $50 ones at the convention?
>>
What's the best place for whiteout lenses? Can't have any pupil showing
>also how is visibility in them
>>
>>9003885
Honeycolour, Lensvillage, UNIQSO are all good!

I'm a big fan of Honeycolour, they send me little gifts and free stuff with my orders and are just an all round good shop.
>>
Is it okay to wear circle lenses and prescription glasses? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine, right?
>>
>>9006224
As long as the lenses are plano you are ok.
>>
>>8994490
Nah, they weren't nudy. I would've have stayed away of that was the case. Thanks for the tip tho!

>>8995009
Thanks anon! I'll definitely be going back to the Pinky series, as I loved my red ones - and will try the Sweet Bliss too. I did plan on wearing them for cosplay for kawaii uguu eyes that are the correct colour so that works for me. G&G sounds good too.
>>
>>9006226
thanks, just wanted to make sure
>>
>>8998068
Don't do it, I've done it and it's irritated my eyes like hell after an hour.
>>
>>9006417
Except in the cases where you have a prescription for astigmatism though.
>>
I've been wearing regular contacts lenses for sight for a while now. I really want to buy some circle lenses. I really like Geo Medical Angel series, but the base curve is 8.6 and the base curve of the lenses I have been wearing is 8.7. Do you need to have the exact same base curve?
>>
Is Eye Candy usually good on keeping their rushed orders as rushed? I paid $30 last Wednesday for a 6 day delivery time and so far NOTHING and I'm staring to panic. My convention is next week, so I know there is still some times, but holy fucking shit. Pinky Paradise canceled my order twice, so I was out of options and now I'm having a small panic attack over not getting them in time!
>>
>>8998068
It depends on the difference in power. I continued to use -1.0 when I got a new prescription for -1.25 and it was fine. And I will continue to use my -1.25's until they expire even though I just went up to -1.5. .25 isn't a huge difference and my prescription is still not very strong, so I can't completely extrapolate to your situation. Headaches from eyestrain could happen.
>>
>>9010091
Bumping to second this question. I'm a BC 8.4, and most lenses out there are 8.6. I'm pretty sure I've bought 8.6es before, have worn them hours at a time and have had no issue, but I'm not completely sure.
>>
>>9003905
Little gifts besides the contact case?
>>
>>9010099
Anyone..? Sorry for the bump, but I am honestly starting to panic. Im thinking I might as well have just purchased a $50 pair at my convention since it cost me $50 anyways with rushed shipping.
>>
File: 1457774521234.jpg (95 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1457774521234.jpg
95 KB, 500x667
>>9010099
>mfw based Uniqso comes through every time
>>
>>9012347
I've never used them, but you shouldn't get yourself stressed. Either they turn up in time, or they don't, all you can do is wait. Surely it won't matter too much if you don't have them, but you still have (I'm guessing) an entire week for them to arrive before con. Don't fret anon you'll be fine!
>>
>>9012392
The character have very bright blue eyes and I have dull green eyes. Its kind of imperative that I have them, but I guess yeah. Just gotta wait.
>>
>>9012395
No one's going to rip you for not having the lenses, don't worry.
>>
>>9012400
You are saying that on /cgl/ of all things which is kind of funny.
>>
File: eyed.jpg (36 KB, 898x483) Image search: [Google]
eyed.jpg
36 KB, 898x483
can anyone recommend realistic natural brown circle lenses that are prescription and last atleast a week?

These are my eyes, I'd like to make them bigger but not look cartoonish. Most brands change the color too much while others make the iris huge or have a very harsh black ring.

Thanks for the help
>>
>>9013427
enlarging eyes usually involves a dark outer ring for the effect to work. however, i think if you look for black or choco circles lenses that have a gradient, it might be less extreme.

just about all circle lenses can be made with your prescription and most last about 6 months.
>>
>>9010091
>>9010154
There's no actual definite answer to this. Most people will tell you that it should be within 0.1mm of your usual base curve, but your base curve in circle lenses could be different from your usual lenses due to the different materials, different lens design and different diameter. BC is NOT the only thing that matters in fit, the gold standard is for your optometrist to look at how the lenses sit on your eye with a slit lamp as the differing materials/diameter will mean differing fit from the same base curve. For example - my base curve in my daily lenses is 8.5, in my monthlies it was 8.7. Both are equally comfortable, both checked by my optometrist as having good fit, both are even the same diameter at 14.2mm - but the difference in material means that even though my base curve is supposedly "wrong" in one because it's not within the usual quoted +/-0.1mm, they both fit well.
When I wear circle lenses I usually take the reference point from my BC of 8.7 (so wear 8.6, 8.7 or 8.8 BC) because I figure lenses marketed as "yearly" will be more similar to my monthly lenses rather than my daily disposable ones.
>>
>>9013427
you could try NEO chagall lenses, they're the most natural pair I've used so far (been wearing circle lenses for over 10 years), even the limbal ring has the natural fading effect of real eyes.

what it does is its slightly enlarging; at least for me, my irises are really small. but it only is a limbal ring and doesn't have colour on it.

Another option that is slightly more enlarging is neo dali brown or any of the dali series actually, though if you have friends who like to like.. come in close and examine your eyes just because they're jerks they'll be able to tell that you're wearing circle lens because the rim of the lenses are a little more clean cut, but in terms of circle lenses.. these are already almost as natural as you can get them (that's why I recommended chagall first, because even if people come in close and squint it's hard to tell you're wearing circle lens because the limbal rings are printed so nicely with a natural fade.
>>
I have EOS Dolly Eye in grey and they're really striking but so goddamn dry and I need to constantly apply rewetting drops. And I have watery eyes. Would not recommend
>mfw i accidentally got two pairs of them after an order mix up
>>
>>8990300
its in her description box..http://www.desiolens.com/creamy-beige
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.