[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sandals in lolita
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: love sandals set_0.jpg (72 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
love sandals set_0.jpg
72 KB, 480x480
Since the northern hemisphere is getting warmer, and some of us are already experiencing Satan's armpit when walking outdoors, let's discuss sandals!

> Can they ever work?
> Socks or no socks?
> post coords with sandals for discussion - good or shitty, doesn't matter!
>>
> Can they ever work?
Yes
> Socks or no socks?
Either

I don't see any reason why sandals would not work with lolita. I know some people freak out when you don't wear the perfect legwear with your coord.. I wonder if those people wear lolita often, if so they must be so tiring to themselves with all the limits they come up with. I have even worn espadrilles with lolita before.
>>
File: tumblr_mdrsu7t0L31qad55j.jpg (33 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdrsu7t0L31qad55j.jpg
33 KB, 250x333
>>8985352
>I wonder if those people wear lolita often
I was having a discussion about sneakers in lolita and people would keep telling me to get teaparties or other low heeled shoes, because "they're just as comfortable" or just not wear lolita at all.
I honestly think those who are so obsessed about it only wear lolita to events. Even if TP's are a comfortable shoes, it's not something comfortable enough that I would wear them on the daily.
>>
>>8984733
no
>>
>>8985361
>>8985352
Yeah, The people who are so obsessed with perfection are often the kind that only wears it to events etc. They put so many limitations they could never wear it daily. lolita is a costume to be meticulously put together and not a daily or street fashion to them.
>>
>>8985362
Wow, you sure know how to back up an opinion.
>>
>>8985373
I wear it daily and always wear lolit aporopiate shoes. You know they don't have to be only sneakers or heals? For example, I find Meta's engineer boots quite comfortable.
>>
>>8984733
Sandals have always been in Lolita I think they can definitely work. As for the socks. It really depends on the sock IMO. Something sheer works, while something like cotton socks would look weird to me.
>>
>>8985416
Japanese people don't find socks and sandals a faux pas though. I agree, it does look weird at first, but after seeing it more, I got used to it. Now I think it looks cute as long as the socks are cute and match, doesn't matter what kind.
I do think otks and sandals would be kinda weird though since otks seem warmer and sandals cooler.
>>
>>8985373
There are some sneakers that could work because they're exceptionally cute. But for teaparties or meetups it's a no.
>>
>>8985361
Sneakers are a no go, but mary janes are perfection
>>
File: 5jyu_original.png (269 KB, 547x374) Image search: [Google]
5jyu_original.png
269 KB, 547x374
>>8985713
idk I think sneakers go better with my burando hoodies
>>
Would it look weird if I wear tights/socks with shoes like these? The coord they're for is pretty toned down classic so I can probably get away with just pantyhose but I'd really rather not.
>>
>>8985713
ratty converse are a no-go, but some cute sneaker-type shoes can be found and do work. AP have released such shoes and they look really nice with skirt+cutsew type coords in particular.
People say "no sneakers" so people won't wear their batman converse.
>>
>>8985554
>Japanese people don't find socks and sandals a faux pas though.

Nobody here is Japanese though. We have a lot of weebs as I'm sure you're aware of but a lot of us dress in the fashion because we genuinely enjoy the aesthetic not be cause we're trying to dress like the Japanese do. Even if the Japanese don't find it odd none of us are living in Japan so its irrelevant.
>>
>>8985769
It should look fine imo. I imagine that white/beige lace tights will look very elegant with these.
>>
>>8985769
I'm not sure what you're getting at, why would it be weird?
>>
>>8985797
Because of the open sides
>>
I only would wear solid tights with heeled sandals because I don't want to take the risk of my brand tights or socks getting gross shit on them.
>>
>>8985794
>none of us are living in Japan so its irrelevant.

You say this like we're not wearing a weird as fuck fashion already...
>>
>>8984733

This is my -personal- opinion, but I think sandals with socks are adorable in lolita. Like another anon said a sheer sock would look best . But tights would also look fine to me.

Having something not covering the toe doesnt look kawaii
>>
>>8985794
There are several posters on /cgl/ that live in Japan.
>>
>>8984733
If you have gross feet, don't wear them. If you have pretty feet, that is a different story.
>>
>>8984733
>Can they ever work?
I like how questions like this exist when brand made things like >>8985361 before. My first brand made shoes were BtSSB white and black sandals even.
>Socks or no socks?
Socks, but I think it can go either way. They're clearly made to work in lolita and potentially be worn either way. I think those light, see through type socks brands put out would work really well with some of them.
>>
>>8986433
>I like how questions like this exist when brand made things like >>8985361 before.
It's because there's always some smart ass anon who thinks they are informing everyone when they say shit like "OH BUT JUST BECAUSE A BRAND MADE IT DOESNT MAKE IT LOLITA HOW NEW R U OMG i bet you came from tumblrz"
>>
>>8985802
>OH GOD I CAN SEE HER FOOT ARCH
>THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS SEEING AN ARMPIT
>>
>>8985794
>we genuinely enjoy the aesthetic not be cause we're trying to dress like the Japanese do.
Oh so is that why everyone gets their panties in a twist when someone wants to do something different like wear sandals? Because the west has adapted the fashion for itself so well, right? Not just copying from other people and then acting as if they had zero influence.
>>
>>8984733
>>8985362

do it well or not at all.
>>
I love sandals in lolita as long as they're balanced. Don't wear a fussy princess sleeved blouse and then no socks + sandals, that just looks weird. However a cutsew or light blouse + one of AP's gazillion star prints + sandals would be super cute for summer.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.