[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tora-con 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: mascots-1.jpg (138 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
mascots-1.jpg
138 KB, 960x960
Dare I? Must I? Is it even possible?
Tora-Con 2016 Reaction Thread.

Hell, I'm surprised nobody got one up beforehand.
>>
>>8981765
How was it this year? I moved out of state but I always enjoyed the drama this little con always seemed to produce.

Deets and pics pls
>>
File: 0425160834.jpg (1 MB, 2717x2221) Image search: [Google]
0425160834.jpg
1 MB, 2717x2221
>>8981767
Overall not a bad con, certainly less debilitating drama than years past. The artists alley had shit in terms of pins though. Thinking I'll do a table with a couple friends of mine next time around.

Found some cool cosplays, but didn't get photos of pretty much any of them. I did pick up a really cool thing of layered paper art from AA. Don't remember who the artist was, but pic related is a pic I took of the thing.

Seems Santa was back again from last year, same cosplayer, new outfit. They actually passed out presents this year, which seemed kinda cool.
>>
Is it just me or did uncle yo seem really fucking preachy this year?
>>
>>8982007
He always was always but yeah maybe a bit more. I remember a year with the usual shit show of skits and some girls just came out in some cat ears and Hottopic outfit and played some normie song on guitar. Yoh cane out and made some speech about how special it was and how amazing that something completey unrelated to anime could still find its place at Toracon. It was not that amazing at all. Also he loves to dias out KH and Naruto skits as he introduces them.
>>
>>8981765
First time I've been back to Tora since I was in high school. I was pleasantly surprised about a lot of it (in particular Cosplay Chess was pretty fucking rad) but my god AA was disappointing. Food trucks were a solid plus. Made the venue more fun.
>>
>>8982144
Disappointing in terms of the number of artists or the quality of content? My beef was there were at least 4 empty tables this year. Given how many people were turned away from AA altogether, the no-shows better have a damn good reason for not turning up.

From what little time I was there, the convention itself seemed to run pretty smoothly. Still wondering if anyone actually went to the competing comic convention.
>>
>>8986488
Both. I'm a local artist who missed signups and I even emailed about a waitlist and was told everybody was set to show up. What gives?
>>
>>8986488
Pretty sure I'd heard later on that "Flower City Comic-Con" didn't get nearly as many as they'd predicted. Which is exactly what you'd expect if they failed to factor in a rival convention in the same area at the same time.
>>
>>8981765
Who drew this picture it looks awful.
>>
>>8986488
>>8986703
I think it's one part space limitations and one part RIT getting involved in the 'don't let people sell [x]' department. AA seemed to be a few tables smaller this year than last year, and I definitely saw a lot of talk about people getting denied AA tables due to wanting to sell fanart prints (and getting put on the waitlist with no other updates).

The layout was great and the 'cafe' zone was nice but it was just so empty all day. Hopefully they raise the table cap for next year.
>>
>>8981765
Never heard of this con but your mascots and the person that draws them are way better than the 2 cons i go to. (Otakon and Nekocon) :T

>>8988482
Mine are worse. And of course people make a huge deal when the artist decides to do a mural.
>>
>>8990822
Well, if you're not in the Western NY area, Tora-Con probably will never come up in conversation, but it's one of a few smaller cons in the Rochester area, hosted by the local tech university's anime club. There's pretty much always a shitstorm of some kind, though this year pretty much all the drama I experienced was just within my own personal circle of peeps.

If you're looking for a relaxing way to spend Tora-con, literally just go to the RWAG game room. Bunch of cool folks willing to talk about/watch/play anime, vidya, tabletop games, cosplay, etc. I sat and talked to one guy about fucking Gundam for half an hour.
>>
>>8988478
Seriously Toracon is well established in the local scene, has a nice homey feel, and is at fucking RIT, the center of nerd culture in Western NY. What were they expecting?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.