[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hairstyle thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: hair.png (460 KB, 620x291) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
460 KB, 620x291
I didn't see a hairstyle thread so I wanted to post one. I'd like to use my real hair like pic related. My hair is fine, thin, and naturally black (Asian). I'd like to pin up pigtails like that and I understand a little bit of teasing is neccessary but what else? I have twin tail lolita wigs that use claw clips on the other end but they're so bulky and just fall down on me if I use a smaller sized one. What type of clips (+ teasing of course) can I use to have pic related?
>>
Can you imagine the fivehead of this chick? It counts for half of her fucking head.
>>
>>8986431
She just has her bangs starting from unusually high up(probably has thin hair from the looks of it so needed to do it for full bangs). You can see where her hairline is from the side
>>
speaking of hair, does anyone have that google docs guide to japanese bangs that someone posted a few days ago? it magically disappeared from my history somehow
>>
>>8986957
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bOtnwgB9nh1HPKFPGY50JqtjibooeHZ6a3TCsOfAkDQ/edit#slide=id.p
>>
>>8986962
bless your soul, ive been looking for this FOREVER
>>
File: 1453765702916.jpg (305 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1453765702916.jpg
305 KB, 960x1280
>>8986968
np fampai

tips/guides on getting my hair to this shape? I don't know how to tease it and I don't want to fuck it up
>>
>>8986980
>I don't know how to tease it

Just get a teasing comb and grab the end of your hair, and from the bottom side of your hair comb towards your scalp.
>>
>>8986984
alright, thanks. it'd look really awkward with longer hair, right? I was growing my hair out for a while but I'm considering chopping it all off again
>>
>>8986594
Her head shape is still really fucking strange
>>
Anyone got any good inspiration pics for classic Lolita? Preferably without bangs. Been trying to figure out what else I can do besides braiding it and parting it and just letting the natural waviness of my hair take over.
>>
anyone have any inspiro for pixy cuts looking kawaii as hell? my hair is really short and layered and wearing wigs in lolita is sometimes really inconvenient...
>>
If anyone is looking for a hair style catalogue, beauty-box.jp has tons of cute haircuts to look at. Currently saving pics to get bangs at a salon sometime.
>>
File: bb.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
Does anybody have some tutorials for waist-length hair? Whenever I try to search beauty sites for long hair (especially Asian) I tend to come up with stuff like pic related. It's "long", but... not the long I meant.
>>
>>8991548
Try youtube, waist length isnt that abnormal so you will find girls who have that doing tuts. There is also the long hair comm as well.
>>
>>8981555
I would definitely get pigtail extensions for this rather than using your own hair. You simply may not be able to get them that big even with teasing, because of your hair being both fine and thin. I usually do two high ponytails, put them into buns and use the ones that have adjustable elastic and are designed to go over buns rather than clips.
>>
File: put-pony-through[1].jpg (65 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
put-pony-through[1].jpg
65 KB, 450x600
>>8981555

When I did mine I did an upside down pull through pony tail. The pony was stabilised with plain bobby pins in criss cross formation right through the band that's holding the tail together.

It gives the seamless look on top, but wasn't very stable. If you have trouble stabilising the pony tails, you might try doing an upside down braid instead of just a pull-through ponytail.

Or do what everybody else does and just add clip-ons to simple ponytails. Easiest solution desu.
>>
>>8987791
>beauty-box.jp
Fucking thank you
>>
>>8991559
Long hair comm is full of weirdo middle aged women who have the style sense of a librarian. I have been directed there so many times and every time I cringe at how limp and boring their styles are.
>>
>>8992330
Then you obviously haven't looked hard enough. There's a massive database of hairstyles, from buns to half-ups to braids to loose hair, I'm sure there's at least one that will suit you. Nobody told you to look at how THEY wear their hair, and currently there's even a big thread dedicated to heatless curls which is the opposite of limp. Do we have to spoonfeed you?
>>
>>8992351
Their aversion to coloring and just any products is awful. I get it. You can't heat style your hair every day and expect to have healthy long hair. But goddamn length just for length's sake does no one any favors. I have ling hair to be able to go all out and have crazy awesome curls and styles.

And the majority of their updos look like crazy basement Tolkien fan bs. They hair toy suggestions are soooooo ugly. No thanks I don't want an overpriced chopstick or bedazzled butterfly stuck in my mass of loops.

And heatless curls/waves are often limp in the roots. Occasionally you can avoid it if you supplement with hair dryer and product, but limp roots are inevitable just because how heavy long hair is.

Feel free to disagree with me. But there is too much frump on that site for me to like it.
>>
>>8991548
>>8992330
I much prefer cute girls' hairstyles for more interesting hairstyles
>>
>>8991594
I was sculpting my Belle wig last year and was looking all over for this ponytail thing in your hair. We used to have one when I was little and I would use it all the time. ]: Im thinking we tossed it in the move.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x617
This is more of a wig question.
Anyone know of a good place to buy half-black, half blonde wigs? I've tried GLW, Lockshop, and Arda, but I couldn't find anything. Pic related.
>>
File: 1462589296796.png (610 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1462589296796.png
610 KB, 640x800
Was told I should ask this here insted of the help thread so here I am. I am growing my hair out for the first time for my Kylo Ren and I am curious on how I should go about this. I am washing it every day and such but I have no idea what the fuck I am doing. >inb4 get a wig
>>
Um..

Is there pretty/lolita-like anything at all that you can do to African American hair? Even though I'm half that and Taiwanese, my hair is the curliest out of all of my siblings, and I think my hair type is either 3c or 4a, and when I straighten it, it's down about to my boobs.

Someone please help. ;-;
>>
>>8986594
>>8987031
She's using clip on bangs and wig clip ins.
>>
>>8995514
make those cute poodle-fluff-ball twin tails and cover them with cute bows and shit.
>>
>>8995526

Ah, that seems like a good idea, though I'd probably need to blowdry it and buy hairspray.

Thanks, Anon! ^-^
>>
>>8995443
Just be sure to use conditioner and use a blowdryer after every time you wash it to get that "feathered" look. Just take good care of it, and run a brush through it 100 times a day.
>>
>>8995548
Different person but conditioner before or after shampoo?
>>
>>8995561
Both if you want to be pro, but after is usually how it goes.

Also, only apply shampoo the roots and let the shower rinse the product down the ends and condition the lengths.
>>
>>8995443
Any advice depends on your hair type. Is it naturally wavy when it grows out? For styling I would recommend applying mousse while your hair is damp and blow drying with a round brush, but I think that only really works if your hair has natural texture.

>>8995561
After of course. Have you ever washed your hair before?
>>
>>8995573
>After of course. Have you ever washed your hair before?
[spoiler]Mother only ever told me to use shampoo while I grew up, never thought to look it up.[/spoiler]
>>
File: e139c_5901818.jpg (62 KB, 566x334) Image search: [Google]
e139c_5901818.jpg
62 KB, 566x334
>>8992330
Seriously.
It seems their advice are so crazy... Like, stand on your head for 40 minutes a day, massage your scalp for 35 minutes, take a handful of pills, eat avocado and kiwi every day, always put your hair up in a bun... NEVER DO ANYTHING FUN WITH IT because it might damage it!
Like, why even grow it long then?
I found some other forum once where people were a lot more relaxed about it and no one attacked them for temporary dye and such, but I lost the link ages ago. Any help with that?
Also, if anyone had a suggestion with a good blog or something where they have product reviews, general tips and maybe hairstyles that doesn't "require" too harsh styling, but still looks nice and fun... Please share! :)
>>
I am wanting to go as Theodore Twombly (the guy from Her) to my next con, but i have no idea what to do for the mustache. Am i limited to whatever is available at the party store or is there a better alternative? pic related
>>
>>8995811
The point was, you don't have to join/actively participate in the LHC circlejerk to actually find it useful. There's a lot of good haircare tips and recommended products (look in the 'conventional products and hair accessories' subforum) and lots of people there dye their hair save for some oldtimers who have been part of the comm since forever.

I get that a lot of them are fat, old and some even have worse hair than when they actually started, but there's still plenty of good advice. Reddit is full of disgusting people too but the skincare/Asian cosmetics subreddits still have lots of good info in the sidebar.

Really don't get all the vitriol.
>>
>>8995144
you can make your own too, if you are up for that
>>
>>8995514
>>
>>8995514
Thick braids with bangs always look mega cute
>>
>>8995144
for cosplay or for daily use?
>>
>>8995443
Gatsby
>>
>>8995573
>>8995576
I use conditioner before shampoo, without rinsing it first, if I'm not oiling it because it gets too dry otherwise. It all depends on what your hair likes. Hell, you could even condition before, shampoo, then condition again, and it works out just as well.
>>
What's a good place to get clip on bangs? I noticed yesstyle has them, but I don't know how good the quality of their wigs and extensions are.
>>
>>8995144
Ebay?
>>
>>8995443
Why do you wash it every day? That's bad
>>
I need a new haircut, and I'd like to try something different than usual for me - any recs/inspo for something short that would work for boystyle? I have kind of a square face and straight fine hair.
>>
>>8995144
mintymix has one in stock, but it's more of a golden blonde not a pale blonde like that
>>
>>9001727
aww omg, this is too cute
>>
>>8986980
How easy would this be to maintain? I'm starting to get sick of my long hair, and this style might work for me.
>>
>>9004781
Short hair is harder than it looks to style nicely imo. I estimate for me to get that style with my flat, straight hair that I would have to spend 10-15 mins teasing/using product and heat, compare that to when it's longer and takes me 30-60 seconds to put in a presentable ponytail or braid
>>
>>9004795
Thanks for the input, I'll definitely have to look into it more before I make a decision.
>>
Is there any way to wear pigtails in an office setting (business casual)? Or even just in daily life, without looking like I'm trying to be a little girl? I've got lower-waist length straight Asian hair.
>>
>>9004781
Don't do it! Short hair is a nightmare. I had a pixie shag and it was literally styling every day. Washing, because when you sleep on it you look like a cockatoo when you wake up. Then bow drying, teasing, styling, flat ironing bits.
>>
Help me out here, /cgl/.

I have dark blonde/light brown hair. Last January, I got a great balayage -- just a bit lighter than my natural shade, like I'd been out in the sun. Yesterday I went back to the same stylist, asked for the same thing in a touch-up... and wound up with ash-blonde streaks in my dark-blonde hair. I should have complained on the spot, but I wasn't sure if I was just adjusting badly. Looking at it today, no, it's definitely more dramatic than I can handle.

Unfortunately, the salon I went to isn't open today or tomorrow. I guess I've got a few options:

>A. Wait until Tuesday.
>B. Find a different salon.
>C. Get some non-permanent dye (probably Natural Instincts) lighter than my natural hair color but darker than my new, uh, chunks, to darken the balayage.

Thoughts?
>>
>>9006795
wait and complain, why the fuck would you throw more of your own money into it if you can get a free fix in most normal salons
>>
>>9004824
Low pigtails might work depending
>>
>>9004781
Depends on your hair type. My hair as a pixie was pretty easy to style, I just blow dried it into place. Only time I found it annoying was when it grew out a bit and got mullet-y. What hair type do you have anon?
>>
>>9006795
Wait and complain, if you can leave a message/send an email in the interim. The most they'll charge is for products. A hairdresser fucked up my hair (dyed it black instead of toning it ash blonde) and that's all they charged me to fix it.
>>
>>8986980
what is this cut called? its freakin adorable
>>
Does anyone have any tips of making hair grow? My hair is barely touching my shoulders and I'd like it to hopefully grow a bit faster, I'm already taking vitamins and using hair growth shampoo
>>
>>9004824
If you had shorter hair then lower pigtails would work, but with hair that long, no/
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.