[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AX is only a few months away! What will you be cosplaying? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: fb-og-image.jpg (33 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fb-og-image.jpg
33 KB, 1200x630
AX is only a few months away! What will you be cosplaying?
What are you looking forward to the most?
What are you not looking forward to?
>>
>>8970434
>looking forward to the most
cosplaying, seeing my LA friends, hopefully seeing some panel guests that weren't able to get a room last year

>not looking forward to
the fact that i still dont have a hotel room. i have no idea where to look for roommates since the AX forums gone and I don't know how reliable looking for some on Facebook or (god forbid) tumblr. My friend who i've always gone with doesn't want to go this year which really sucks
>>
>>8970463
you can try the coscom forums too.
>>
>>8970434
>What are you looking forward to the most?
Feeling alive

>What are you not looking forward to?
The heat
The lines
The standing and waiting
The smells
>>
>>8970434
>What will you be cosplaying?
Berserk and maybe another old school? If I can get it done in time.

I love out of state cons so I'm really excited to see how much the AX scene has changed since the last time I was there a while back. Also food.

Crowds mostly.
>>
>>8970463
AX facebook group is also an option but some of those fuckers are dumb as fuck
>>
File: 1393165774850.jpg (64 KB, 550x658) Image search: [Google]
1393165774850.jpg
64 KB, 550x658
>want to go
>everything likely booked completely
>budget broken thanks to retarded school fees
>credit card likely will be maxed out soon
I've never been before, and I really do want to go. However I'm not comfortable traveling across the country alone, and all my con friends simply can't afford going with me.
>>
>>8970515
You can't afford to go either
>>
>>8970518
Explain.
>>
>>8970525
>>budget broken thanks to retarded school fees
>>credit card likely will be maxed out soon

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>8970537
Well technically he/she can maybe afford to attend, just probably won't be able to afford anything else.
>>
>>8970551
This. Conventions without luxuries and running on bare basics are incredibly affordable. I on the other hand prefer to spend $200 on prints alone and at a giant con I wouldn't even be able to look at the dealers hall without wanting to empty my wallet.
>>
Friendly reminder from an artist anon that the Artist Alley is no longer in the Exhibit Hall, and moved downstairs to Kentia Hall.
>>
>>8970571
I know that feeling. Luckily I got promoted at work so I can probably buy w/e I want now, now it's only a struggle to find a hotel for four days straight lol
>>
Is it really that time of year again?

Hopefully getting my cosplay done by then.

The day 3/4 crowd smell, you know how it is.
>>
>>8970573
Mite b cool. I prefer Artist Alley over big name exhibitors anyway and now I won't have to fight a crowd of people to get from the entrance to the back where AA always is.
>>
Looking forward to first cosplay ever & hopefully meeting new people

Not looking forward to having a tight budget for dealer room stuff. Also possibly wandering most of the con alone.
>>
Going to my first really big convention. Hopefully finishing my cosplays. Also hopefully meeting people.
What are you not looking forward to?
Crowds and waiting in line.
>>
>time to weaponize my febreeze bottle
>>
Anyone know what concerts will be taking place this year?
>>
>what will you be cosplaying?
Warp (Kaiba) and Ringabel (Bravely Default) for sure and Miki hoshii (IM@S) and Hopefully PSO2 as i plan to enter the masquerade.

Events, this AX might be my last con for awhile so i really want it to be fun, maybe i won't be a chicken shit and go to a party. I also hope i finish my shit in time for the masq i feel so far behind...

Lines and not having money to buy much of anything probably.
>>
>>8971338
They have only announced one singer so she's a safe bet on being one of them. They usually have two, sometimes three.
>>
>>8970434
Detective conan!
Cosplay wrestling federation. The AX ones are always the rowdiest.
The fucking crowd and casuals
>>
>>8971773
According to one of the fanime defense force the fanime one was supposed to be the wrestle mania equivalent. Was he incorrect?
>>
>>8970434
>What will you be cosplaying
Kamina, I hope it isn't overdone this is probably my largest con I am going to ever
Mostly just the cosplay and partying with some friends
Desperate weebs
>>
Kylo Ren. Despite attending conventions for well over a decade, he's my very first cosplay.

Just having an overall good time with new and old friends, alike.

The crowds and limited breathing room. The heat won't bode well, and the food prices aren't too kind, either. Lastly, commuting to LA and back (I don't live too far away) is also a hassle, but I'm the only one who has a large enough car to transport multiple people.
>>
hentai panel jokes
artist alley
dealers hall
shitty AX scheduling
overcrowding because the dumbasses let normies without con tickets into the building
the lines
>>
File: linecon.png (218 KB, 488x603) Image search: [Google]
linecon.png
218 KB, 488x603
Never forget
>>
>>8970434
Cosplaying
I didn't go to AX last year because I was out of the country, and most of my friends stop going to cons and the ones that still do I'm as not as close with. I'm not looking forward to trying find a ride to the con everyday since I don't like driving in cosplay, and hanging out with people feeling like an outsider.
>>
>>8970434
It's gonna be my first time ever going across the U.S. for this. I got hotel, plane and ax tickets bought already. I'm looking forward to the west coast cosplay scene and of course the sightseeing after.
Haven't even started but I'm debuting Mumen Rider and Takumi from Fire Emblem there. Considering Trafalgar Law as well but there's the issue of carrying my props all the way to Cali. Any tips for someone's first time to AX/California in general?
>>
File: 68E.jpg (65 KB, 703x720) Image search: [Google]
68E.jpg
65 KB, 703x720
>>8970434
>What will you be Cosplaying?
Zombie space dandy
Space Dandy
Yusuke

>What are you looking forward the most?
Buying art supplies, haggling, taking pictures and concerts

>not looking forward to
Smells, normies and memes being said out loud.
>>
>>8973371
Kek "JUST DO IT!"
>>
Hopefully Lal'c from Diebuster if I can finish. Asuka too.
Going to my biggest convention, specifically tho the dealers hall, meeting people, and industry panels.
Lines and crowds
>>
File: 124445763.jpg (87 KB, 434x588) Image search: [Google]
124445763.jpg
87 KB, 434x588
>>8973442
>"JUST DO IT! XD"
Jesus christ that became unfunny as fuck after the 2nd time i heard it. Oddly enough I am kinda curious what this years meme will be.
>>
>>8973484
This years meme will be Bernie supporters and anti-Trump shit.
>>
>>8973371
You're going as space dandy as well? Want a pic dude
>>
I'm not sure if I'm doing much of anything at AX this year. I'll go, since I don't live far away, but I didn't manage to get a room and a con's just not the same when you have to go home every night.

As much as anything, I'm just going so that I don't break my streak, this will be my 16th straight AX.

>>8973448
>Lal'c
Awesome, Diebuster (and Gunbuster) cosplay is way too rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (559 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
559 KB, 1920x2560
>>8970434

Moving to Japan in August so the cosplay budget is is tight, but I thought it might be fun to throw together some hentai cosplay for fun. They're pretty generic looking, so no one should know who I am anyway, plus school uniforms are comfortable!

Looking forward to some great guests, AX rarely dissapoints (hoping for some male seiyu). As a negative though, it gets more crowded every year and being able to get autographs or even into some panels gets harder so I'm not looking forward to all the people being continually crammed into the space.
>>
Thinking of headed down to LA from around the Bay area, it seems like a great time. Is there any /tg/ related cosplay people might like to see? Was thinking of going as a Techpriest for a day or so, and then Murlynd/Cleric of Fharlanghn from Grayhawk.
>>
>>8973717
>16th straight AX

What's your thoughts on the recent boom in attendance?
>>
>>8973544
I doubt people will bring politics into an anime convention. Nobody is that autistic...right?
>>
>>8974108
I could see a trump cosplay with "make anime great again"
>>
I'm hyped! First AX!
Actually It's my first con since like 2005...even then those were all local.
I'm feeling some quiet dread here.

Do the lolitas have a meet up every AX? Where is it this year?
>>
>>8974108
Sanders is pretty far behind and the California primary is in June so it'll all be over by then. I doubt we'll be hearing from any of his camp when AX rolls around
>>
File: 1437769588794.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1437769588794.jpg
38 KB, 1024x576
Were there any /cgl/ meetups/parties last year? How were those?
>>
>>8974241
there's always parties and shit
not really public ones though
most of cgl has gone private
>>
>>8974253
This. Because cgl meetup are 90% creepy dudes showing up hoping to leave with a gf
>>
File: 1459550043279.jpg (21 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
1459550043279.jpg
21 KB, 500x571
Going to go as my favorite comic book cartoon character Spice Boy Moptop
>>
>>8974394
It's a pity. Cgl meetups got too...mainstream? There was a period where all the trips and known cosplayers would show up. Felt like people were more accessible and down to earth
>>
>>8974038
It's been good for the con, good for people who are actually there to see anime and guests, but bad for cosplayers and people who go to cons to socialize. I feel like the con was a lot more "friendly" in the old days, and it was all one big group and everybody interacted with everybody else. Now it's all broken down into microcliques and it's really hard to meet and befriend people who are in a different circle from your own. I miss the old dealer's halls too, when the anime distributors had huge badass booths, now it's mostly just retailers selling the same merch you can get online for much cheaper.

>>8974253
Yeah, the old cgl group is still around, but I don't even think most of them post here anymore. (Or at least not with trips.) They're still the group I usually end up partying with during cons, but it's just not the same as it used to be and I've been trying to go to other groups' parties and stuff. I still like the old group, but I go to cons to meet new people (yeah, including girls), and that doesn't happen when every single night at every con for the last 5+ years has been spent in rooms full of the exact same people.
>>
>>8974241
The people who threw a really awesome ALA DJ/Drinking mix up are going to AX/Fanime and doing it again I hear
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2460x3473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2460x3473
This will be my first "real" convention. Also unsurpringly, my first cosplay too. I'm going as Kaga from Kantai collection, mainly because I wanted to pick a character I felt like I could relate to because 1. She has medium length brown hair
2. In the original illustration and game she's pretty average looking, no big kawaii uguu eyes (I can't figure out make-up for the life of me, rip) 3. She's in the Navy (as am I)
And bonus 4. She uses survaillance aircraft and that's the aviation platform I work with.
So I'm pretty excited, and my outfit just came in today (I had to buy it, I know, pathetic but I have no time for any hobbies it seems in the Navy to make my own) and I think it looks pretty good so far. Her boat shoes and aircraft carrier piece should be in sometime next week and then all I have left to worry about is her bow and quiver.
How do you think the outfit looks so far? Anything I could fix? I know I think the breast plate is on the wrong side, I was in a hurry because I was excited to try it on for the first time.
>>
>>8973550
for sure! you going as space dandy as well i reckon?
>>
>>8974915

>pathetic for buying a costume

Not at all anon! I used to sew a lot of my stuff in high school, but once I got into college (now graduated) I bought more of my costumes. Plus you can find such nice costumes for good deals these days, no shame if you're not entering contests or lying about it.

And the costume looks really nice! I would however say that you'll want a wig if you're doing pictures and some basic makeup, you'll be happier after the fact when you see the results.
>>
>>8974915
Anyone who looks down at you for buying a costume is an elitest idiot who you should forget their opinion. The point is to have fun while cosplaying

>>8974988
For 1 day or night at least(going to depend on weather), Doing Kamina the rest of the time except for an afternoon where me and some other dudes are all getting together to do some yuru yuri cosplay. Always love meeting dandy's hung out with some girl dandy and crew at ALA; had a blast
>>
File: 1450719741956.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450719741956.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>>8974915
You look g8 m8 8/8 would masterb... Would throw master ball.
>>
>>8974915
Looking qt
>>
>>8974108

I'm sorry to disappoint you anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1000x1000
>>8975005
I was leaning toward maybe a wig regardless of my hair being the same as hers or not, especially since real hair gets sweaty and I heard it gets hot there at AE, but I've never worn a wig before so I don't know if it would be super uncomfortable or itchy... I might do my hair later and decided on the final verdict If I want to buy one or not.
I'm super excited regardless though.
I hope I'll be able to see some of you guys there!
Still worried about the bow and arrows and quiver though.. I want to buy a lot of figures including atleast one Kaga one for memory but it's gonna be hard to carry everything.
>>
>>8975066
Don't get upset anon, I feel like true anime fans don't care what you look like, and they shouldn't. I used to run my highschool anime club when I was senior and everyone was a freshman (we had about 50 people) and a lot of them were super weird and antisocial and a few were neckbeards but I loved every single one of them, even if they were super creepy and sometimes made awkward comments. In fact, I know anime and stuff is mainly demographic toward "outcast type" (can't think of another way to put it) so I feel like you should just accept everyone as they are because a lot of the anti social type was here first.
>>
File: 1439811318451.jpg (51 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1439811318451.jpg
51 KB, 228x239
Anyone been to the convention center lately? Any new restaurants near by or am I gonna have to do Hooters again this year?
>>
>>8975078
There's the Subway. I forget which streets it's on but it's pretty close. That and ihop are really the only poorfag options I know of.
>>
File: 1436001362196[1].jpg (480 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1436001362196[1].jpg
480 KB, 900x600
>>8974394
pic related, why you should never attend a /cgl/ meetup.

How many girls do you see in this picture?

How many girls with a "help me" look do you see in this picture?
>>
>>8975083
What year was that?
>>
>>8975083
I'm in this and I regret every single second being there. I ended up getting a stalker too.
>>
>>8975087
Story time it for those of us who weren't there
>>
>>8975083
Not all meet ups are terrible.
The Anime Cali and ALA /cgl/ meet up were fun. There is always a shit ton of people from other boards but they are usually really chill.
>>8975084
I believe it was last year. It was super cringy and was at the same time as LCS (whatever it's called) so a lot of seagulls ditched it.
>>
>>8975115
I met some cool people at that meet-up and added about 3 people on Facebook. One of them was weird and asked for blowjobs and shit. He eventually knew I was gonna keep saying no, no matter how many times he asked so he gave up.

I'm a guy btw.
>>
>>8975131
This is why more girls should come. Half of the guys are flaming gay or secret trap lovers. The other half are beta as fuck. There's really no threat.
>>
>>8975143
this is why no girls come.
>>
>>8975143
I wasn't even a convincing trap like at all. There was a guy that was a lot more convincing than me that I didn't see him talking to. Maybe it was because I was really beta or something.
>>
>>8973442
Really annoying trying to get himself into Nike or something.
>>
File: 1460642602425.jpg (37 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
1460642602425.jpg
37 KB, 562x600
>coming from overseas
>trying to book hotels for next year
>those prices
Is this normal?
>>
>>8975087
I was there but ducked and got out of the way whenever i saw people taking pics. Since i didn't want to be posted on the internet and shit. I'm only in like 2 pics in that meet up but im turned anyways. And the degenerate you are talking about was apparently asking everyone to show them their dicks etc. He asked everyone except me. Probably cuz i look intimidating but he kept staring at me the entire time and even ran into him at after parties. Dude thought he was being cool or something but he was being a straight up creep. But i don't really blame him nobody called him out on it the people he was with were encouraging the behavior.
>>
>>8975265
no they sell out in the first hour or two, most people overbuy hotels then rent the rest out on facebook to cover their con fees
>>
>>8974127
>Do the lolitas have a meet up every AX?
Yes, but last year's was filled with itas. It's better trying to talk to one of the nicely dressed girls, most of the SoCal ones are sweet especially if you mention youre from out of town.
>Where is it this year?
No one knows until a few weeks before the con.
>>
>>8975069
if you're outside during the day it'll be hot. indoors it's okay. night is pleasantly warm.

there's a bag check if you have to use it but it costs money per item so you'll want one big bag that you drag to your hotel at the end of the day

>>8975078
I'm a fan of food trucks and there will be a shitload. Expect usual foodtruck prices so $8-10 or so.

>>8975265
hotel block prices are much cheaper than normal hotel prices. problem is that the blocks fill up fast. if you want hilarity look at san diego hotels during july 21-24. shit you not, some of the non-block rooms are approaching four digit prices. both LA and SD are victims of the success of their respective conventions.
>>
>>8970434
Hatsune Miku. I'm a guy.
>What are you looking forward to most?
Cosplaying, seeing my friends, buying a bunch of weeb shit.
The lines and the heat.
>>
>>8975292
Thank you!
I'm looking forward to meeting the LA girls!
>>
>>8974915
link to costume, anon?
>>
>>8975464
Going as a Cirno one day can we hang out?
>>
>>8974241
AX gatherings are too many people (mostly randoms/non-regulars) to fit into a room or really do anything private with.

I feel like AX is getting too big in general. I don't even want to go to the convention center during the day, because it's hot as fuck inside.

p.s.
>Tfw I haven't booked a hotel yet
>>
>>8970434
fire emblem fates and fate/GO, hopefully.

cosplaying & seeing friends.

the heat and the pre-reg line.
>>
File: 1444832952370.jpg (99 KB, 459x690) Image search: [Google]
1444832952370.jpg
99 KB, 459x690
Any AX specific people to be wary of?
>>
>>8975590
meme spouters.
>>
>>8975593
hard to avoid things like JUST DO IT when it's being yelled across the convention center
>>
>>8975590
Like a normal gathering
1) if someone is overzealous for your number/meetup/etc
2) play it safe understand what you meet with
3) learn to report shit

Honestly it is so fucking annoying to try and read /cgl/ threads after a con because

"I was violated/stolen/drugged/etc; BUT I DIDN'T REPORT IT! CGL HALP ME"

Seriously shit is the worst, if shit happens to you at a con report it right there and then if you delay it is next to impossible to do anything about
>>
>>8975078
Depends on how much you're willing to walk but theres plenty of places if you don't mind walking 10-15 mins
>>
>>8970434
Oh my god, this is going to be my first con since 2007. It used to be my dream con when I was a regular cosplayer but I was a teen in the east coast and like hell could I afford plane tickets.

I have no idea what to expect. In the time I was gone cosplay became huge and anime exploded. I feel like I'm going to be everyone's grandma 'Why, back in my day, we didn't have worbla! We had to make props with funfoam, tears and blood! Blood, I tell you! And you complain about Arda? Let me tell you about ~fashion wigs~...'

-Neo Queen Serenity
-Lina Inverse
-??? (Doing a Rey costume for a shoot, but I don't think it quite fits AX, so I may just go for something else)

Meeting other people interested in costume stuff, sewing and cosplay. The best part about cons used to be meeting people with similar interests and planning groups!

Terrified that I'll have no idea what's going on. Homestuck, Adventure Time, My Little Pony, these all came after my time, and my friends in college who did AAs frequently came back with some incredible horror stories.

Also, in the off chance any of you reading this used to be on the old Cats on Mars forums, let's have an old fogey meet up.
>>
>>8975287
>>8975454
When do the block prices open for AX attendees? Right after the con this year ends?
>>
>>8975143
>>8975149
Maybe no girls come because they want cgl BF and all the guys are losers so there's no point.

>>8975454
Just to add to the weather thing, it can actually get a bit chilly at night during AX, at least down into the low 60s or high 50s. It's worth bringing at least a light jacket or sweater if you're going to be out and about in the evenings.
>>
>>8973717
>Awesome, Diebuster (and Gunbuster) cosplay is way too rare.
Thank you!! I agree, Diebuster/Gunbuster deserve so much more attention.
>>
>>8970434
Tatsuya Suou, Nick Wilde, and either Osomatsu or Todomatsu
Buying shit from Atlus like the fucking shill I am, and the Persona cosplay gathering, also getting to match cosplays with my best friend (She's gonna be Lisa Silverman, Judy Hopps, and Jyushimatsu). Looking forward to a vacation too.
The crowds. The mass of Undertale cosplayers.
>>
>>8976054
>The mass of Undertale cosplayers.
Damn I forgot about that and am not wanting this
>>
>>8976048
I personally think they're by far Gainax's best work. I don't know why they get so little attention these days, except maybe that they're old enough that most younger fans overlook them.

They're great cosplay fodder too, with flattering hairstyles and some costumes that are just the right amount of sexy without being totally over the top, and others that can really show off craftsmanship skills without being a nightmare to translate into fabric. It's also one of very few shows with good characters that aren't "white."
>>
>>8975822
The blocks happened maybe two months ago? Fuck, probably a bad thing that I can't clearly remember. Work is making things one huge blur. They might open up more rooms but I wouldn't count on it. There's also the tons of people on the wait list ahead of you
>>
>>8976095
You sure we're talking about next year and not this year, right? I'm talking AX 2017, not 2016.
>>
File: Cf_aqvhVIAAC4tC.jpg (29 KB, 538x313) Image search: [Google]
Cf_aqvhVIAAC4tC.jpg
29 KB, 538x313
>>8976086
I feel like it will be a mass of both Undertale and Osomatsu-san cosplay since the matsus are super easy to cosplay
>>
>>8976110
They're going to open around the same time as they did this year
>>
>>8976227
Okay thanks. I'll come back in Feb.
>>
File: 1453422858674.png (480 KB, 1273x1150) Image search: [Google]
1453422858674.png
480 KB, 1273x1150
>>8975054
>disappointed

NEVER
>>
>>8975078
>not just starving

Wow, it's like you don't even want to have the full convention experience.
>>
Yes we are, anyone here is free to drop by.
>>
>>8976228
I think they announced it in the newsletter so make sure you're signed up for that
>>
Anyone know if there are gonna be any 2-day tickets this year?
>>
File: 1420051082391.jpg (27 KB, 638x693) Image search: [Google]
1420051082391.jpg
27 KB, 638x693
>>8975564
If I happen to see you, sure. Any way I can identify you?
>>8976086
>The mass of Undertale cosplayers.
>mfw
>>
File: 1455713274792.jpg (48 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
1455713274792.jpg
48 KB, 480x410
>>8970434
Still on fence about going
Been going for the past few years, but i've been getting less and less out of it.

But if i do end up going,
>Will you be cosplaying?
On fence, and originally didn't plan on going this year so no time to make new one.

>What are you looking forward to most?
Buying more stuff I don't have space for!!

The crowding, desperate weebs, and meme cosplays (e.g. deadpool, homestuck, yoko)

Also, don't worry guys, i'm a local so I shower every night!
>>
>>8976870
I don't get how people could survive a con in LA without showering daily because of the sweat

then again there was that one girl whose boyfriend didn't shower for a month, and even if that wasn't LA, what the fuck. a whole month?
>>
>>8977666

I would guess, its mostly the people who come a long way who want to get the most out of AX so they wake up at early and come back late, but are too exhausted so they go go bed immediately and repeat.

Since I live close by and aren't spending 100s of dollars on travel and hotel, I'm fine with going from like 10AM to 4PM
>>
Any gulls looking for roomies? I'm not a murderer, bbuuuuttttt I guess /cgl/ can't help me prove that. My one friend who always went with me to AX has moved out of state. The other friends don't like anime. If I go I want to hang out there all day and night and have to go back and forth.
>>
Euphonium, One-Punch Man, maybe some old staple or a Spring 2016 show

The special guests and the fans of the shows

The cost of the con, the traveling (I don't recover easily from motion sickness or long trips)
>>
>>8977666
Ugh.

It's hard enough for me to understand somebody who doesn't shower, but the fact that somebody is willing to DATE a guy that doesn't shower for a month? What the fuck?
>>
>>8977856
I kind of am (I live close enough to drive, but I'd rather not), but I don't have a room to offer, I'm a guy, which makes things awkward with most of /cgl/, and I tend to keep late-ish hours at cons.
>>
>>8973544
Ellen Page will be the hot cosplay and meme this year
>>
>>8977897
???
>>
>>8970434
Rii-san from Gakkou Gurashi
Sena from Honey Works.
Hanging out with me friends. I usually only see them once a year, so it's nice that I get to spend a week or 2 with them.
Crowds. I heard lines were better last year, so I'm hoping it's not a repeat of 2014.

>>8972608
I have PTSD from this fucking line

>>8976054
>The mass of Undertale cosplayers
Man, I really want to cosplay as the jester from Snowdin. I hope there aren't too many of those if I end up going with it.
>>
>>8976054
Do Undertales and Homestucks get along?
>>
>>8976087
Yes!! my craftsmanship skills are a bit lack luster though, this'll be my second actual cosplay. I'll do my best lol.
>>
>>8978048
The Undertales are all pretty much former Homestucks who hop from popular bullshit fandom to the next so it's probably a mixup between
1. those who think they're too "good" for homestuck
2. those who genuinely enjoyed homestuck
>>
>>8970434
>cosplaying
Nothing this year. It's my first year just going plain-clothed for the full con.
>looking forward to
Seeing cosplay friends and seeing what panels they'll have. It's my one con a year aside from the single-day pass I get for Wondercon (which I completely forgot about and didn't go this year)
>not looking forward to
Being around a bunch of weebs and I'm worried there won't be enough to do during the day and I'll just wish I was back at work and hadn't wasted my vacation hours.
>>
Am I reading this right? Day 4 will be on a Monday?
>>
>>8978110
yes
>>
>>8978048
>>8978100
basically they evolve from one form to the next

kuroshit
hetalia
homestuck
undertale

I think that's the order

>>8978111
they do it like that when the 4th is on monday
doesn't really change the fact that it's more or less a dead day but might as well utilize it since it's there. a lot of people will have saturday, sunday, and monday off so they don't have to take off both thursday and friday; just friday, or skip friday and use the weekend+holiday
>>
>>8978152
hetalia -> homestuck -> dangan ronpa and off (for like three months) -> free -> undertale from what ive noticed anyway
>>
>>8970434
This will be my first con out of state and my first AX.

I booked at the JW but I didn't book for thursday. I could always search for a roomate just for that day but is it worth going Thursday if you're going to have you badge mailed to you?

>Cosplay
None

>Looking forward to
Being in a different state, panels and roaming around

>Not looking forward to
Can't say, I've never been here before.
Con musk I guess? But it can't be any worse than the musk from when A-kon was at the Sheraton
>>
>>8979477
Only thing good about Thursday is the lively crowd but they're only lively once they get close to the front of the line for pick up lol. Idk if they mail you your grab bag but you get it on Thursday.
>>
>>8975577
Btw this is the creep who asks guys to show him their dick.

Stay away from him unless you have no self respect.
>>
>>8979663
pick up goes super fast now so you don't even have to wait in line hell on day 0 unless you really want to

lol people were camping last year and then bam it takes 15 minutes to get the badge
>>
Soo Hatsune Miku is having a concert this May 6th. Anyone hoping they'll stick around and have a concert for AX!?
>>
>>8981340
It already happened, in 2011. Unless AX decides to announce it soon I wouldn't get your hopes up.
>>
>>8981340
>>8981348
They are touring the rest of the country so they don't need an at convention show anymore so I would place the chances for AX at "not gonna happen"
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>8975069
Flight deck and boat shoes came in today. I was a little disappointed with the shoes as they could have probably done a little better, but like I said before I'm buying everything and not making it myself so I can't complain.
>>
>>8981449
if I were you, I'd try painting them a little bit to give them some more dimension.
Are the shoes comfortable? I wanted to cosplay as Akagi. Just looking at the pic alone, it doesn't look like they'd be fun to walk around in for hours.
>>
File: image.png (727 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
727 KB, 960x640
>>8981459
That's what I'm thinking. I'll probably add some darker grey and maybe even the light bamboo colored squares on the top of the shoes so you can see more detail when I take them off.
And please cosplay as Akagi! I want a cute Akagi to take pics with so badly.

As for the comfort-ness of the shoes, they're made from wood and I can tell they're gonna hurt as the strings are kinda longer than I was anticipating and they're gonna be clanky too. Hopefully they'll survive me walking around in them all the days I go (three days probably) but I'm bringing some extra shoes just in case.
>>
>>8981480
Definitely bring some extra shoes. I was dying a few years ago bc the shoes I brought were horrendous. I ended up walking, sitting, walking, sitting, etc.

I'm probably not going to be able to do Akagi for AX bc I'm coming from across the country, and I don't think I'll have room for any of her props unfortunately. If I can figure out how to make it collapsible, maybe I'll do it. I've never made a prop like that before.
>>
>>8981491
That's the same boat for me too. I've never done cosplay before, and I'm coming out from Flordia so hopefully when I check in my bags on the plane I can check in all these props in the boxes they shipped in... Dunno if that sounds safe but it might have to work regardless.
>>
File: 1446140720388.jpg (130 KB, 875x679) Image search: [Google]
1446140720388.jpg
130 KB, 875x679
Anyone that has gone to AX with full body armored cosplay, how un/comfortable was it?

Did you have to go back to your car/room to change when you wanted to check out panels?
>>
>>8981638
If it's a popular panel that is packed there's definitely no room. LACC rooms are tiny as fuck minus petree and the main stage hall. Those last two they might let you hang around the side assuming you get in the room
>>
>>8981638
Specify body armor. I work lite tactical gear and I was fine besides the sweaty back.
>>
>>8981773
I assumed he meant one of those robot dudes
>>
File: 1456366100085.png (108 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1456366100085.png
108 KB, 600x550
>tfw my older brother lives in Silver Lake.
>tfw i live only an 40 minutes away if i take the metro link
>tfw i'm gonna room it with my brother
>tfw i also get fed
>mfw it's all going up
>>
Anyone ever do any AX bar hopping?
>>
>>8982392
My group and I will probably bar hop quite a bit. No idea on the locale though, I've only been on the outskirts of LA.
>>
File: 1436252915119.gif (609 KB, 320x136) Image search: [Google]
1436252915119.gif
609 KB, 320x136
>>8982392
>>8982395
We should get together and grab a pint.
>>
>>8982727
I don't associate with namefags.
>>
>>8982727
If you're not a rapist I'll join you.
PS. I'm not a rapist.
>>
>>8983855
Cool
>>
File: 1444947775693.gif (190 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
1444947775693.gif
190 KB, 300x291
>>8983866
Come on now, everyone on the Internet is a rapist.
>>
File: one punch.jpg (120 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
one punch.jpg
120 KB, 528x960
>>8983866
yea.. im not a rapist either. where we meeting
>>
>>8984380
Probably Lounge 21
>>
Speaking of Lounge 21, what's it like in there? How overpriced is the booze?
>>
File: 20150703_174814.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150703_174814.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>8984702
I liked it, the drinks are average bar pricing, the cocktails aren't too watered down, they'll let you bring in food and there a small bands and acts the go on. Vick Mañana was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>8984702
>>8984789
The line to get in can be pretty long but sometimes there isn't a line at all, just depends on what panels are going on at the time. Also fail pic is fail.
>>
>>8983708
here, going to AX,

What do you guys think, worth bringing Kamina, Space Dandy, Yuru Yuri, and Cirno?

Was thinking about leaving Cirno at home, sorry I don't have a wig yet or wings
>>
File: image.jpg (783 KB, 2460x2460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783 KB, 2460x2460
I feel like I'm the only one still keeping this thread alive haha
Tried on the Aircraft flightdeck piece and the shoes... The shoes I literally can't walk in because the strings are too long and my feet slide off them and almost sprain them, so I still have to figure that part out.
Honestly, I have so so sooooo much more respect for cosplayers now because keeping everything together and in place is impossible almost. But it's a fun challenge!

Also, the Original Kaga from the game skirts' a little longer than the anime version, and honestly I've been trying to lean toward the game version than the anime. Should however, I shorten her skirt a tad bit? I think it might add a little more leg exposure that most thigh high characters are supposed to have, but like I said the game version is the one I'm trying to go for and its a little longer than the anime version..
>>
>>8985653
You can wear normal shoes for walking and swap to the geta for photos. Does mean you have to lug them around but your comfort will be much higher. As for the skirt, sounds like you're already set on it so go for it.
>>
>>8985653
Your cosplay looks really good, hope to see you at AX
>>
>>8985653
Go with the game version.
>>
>>8986252
I hope to see you too! And don't be afraid to come up to me and chat, I'll be with my boyfriend who's gonna be dressed as Makoto Tachibana from free. (Bless his heart, he barely knows what anime is and he's never done cosplay either or been to a convention or anything slightly nerdy lol)
I want to take as many pictures with people as possible!
>>
>>8984702
Don't listen to >>8984789, the drinks are shit for what you pay.
>>
>>8985653
This looks really really good! Stick with the game version, it looks nicer. Hopefully we get to see you at the con or meetups!
>>
>>8986917
I'm not necessarily wrong, maybe I just got a better bartender than you.
>>
>>8985653
Perhaps you could add a grippy surface to the shoes where your feet land, so then your feet don't slide off when you walk? I can imagine it'd still be a pain to walk in, but at least you won't be in so much danger of spraining your ankle or something.
>>
>>8987036
Maybe a little surfboard wax with some sand? Heh
>>
>>8987738
Sex wax is the only option.
>>
Unless something else captures my heart, more god damn boats. Ooyodo Kai, Chikuma Kai2, Iowa and Katori probs.
It's just so nice to see LA friends. AX is always really relaxing for me since I know it so well and I've been going since 07
Heat as always. I still should find a hotel room lol. However, now that the Expo line is opening up I suppose that's an option as well
>>8981495
I did Kaga last year and I still have her bow, arrows, and quiver at home. I'll have to check their condition but I wouldn't mind giving/loaning them to you
>>
>>8982392
That depends, how rigorously do they card?
>>
>>8988187
Got any pics of them??
>>
planning on being an attendee volunteer, does anyone have experience with this? I just signed up for it and waiting for confirmation. When will volunteers be emailed?
>>
>>8988729
You will get to do fun things like line control and badge checking and pray there are enough volunteers total so everyone can take their required breaks
>>
>>8988745
Does everyone who apply online get accepted? I'm coming down from NorCal so I won't be there until 3AM on Friday.
>>
ITT: People who need to slit their throats.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 500x500
>>8988811
Why the salt anon
The people in this thread are just having fun together why so salty?
>>
File: 1461622139519.gif (776 KB, 514x667) Image search: [Google]
1461622139519.gif
776 KB, 514x667
>>8988811
>>8988844
These double dubs
>>
File: 1434512735223.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434512735223.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>8988844
Probably salty cuz their waifu is garbage and they're too poor to make it to AX.
>>
>>8988801
I'd assume volunteers are auto hires. Only the actual staff positions and maid cafe might you need to be there before the con for meetings
>>
>>8974915
Looking good!!
Mind if I ask where you bought your cosplay from?
>>
I'm a girl going alone for the first 3 days. Any tips on meeting deceng people and not ending up getting raped or whatever?
>>
>>8989315
Don't leave the con with anyone. If you're over 21 the lounge is cool. If you're a cosplayer go to the photoshoots and mingle with people. People in lines for panels and stuff can be really cool too.
>>
File: 1459562113023.png (254 KB, 501x660) Image search: [Google]
1459562113023.png
254 KB, 501x660
>>8989315
Stick with me, bby, and I'll make sure no one else touches you, m'lady.
>>
>>8989315
Talk to people in line. You're going to be in lots of lines if you're seeing any panel or getting autographs or main events so you'll have plenty of time to get to know them and their interests. Springboard from there. Ask about other stuff they are hyped for at the con and see if you are going to the same things. Get contact info. Meet up later for those things. Rinse and repeat

If you're cute that gives you an edge in breaking the ice. Are you cosplaying? Also an ice breaker. If you happen to be a fan of the cosplay someone is wearing that also works
>>
>>8989315
I was going to go alone, but I convinced a friend to come with me.

Are you a cosplayer/lolita? Are you over 18? I'd be down to hang out with you provided you're not a weirdo.
>>
>>8989381
>>8989468
Yes I am cosplaying. I guess I am cute ish, I get only guys talking to me when I am out and about though and often some are very aggressive about getting my number. I really don't want to be giving my number to complete randos as I end up doing almost every week. I am mostly worried about getting taken advantage of my politeness/ shyness. It is really hard for me to say no or end an interaction.

Anon, we could meet. I'm not a weirdo, I have friends but they just aren't at all into cons, etc.
>>
>>8989650
Sounds like you're cute enough if they are chasing you. Facebook might be a better option and using messenger.

I've made pretty much all my con friends from talking to people in line so they at least share that same interest and seeing them over and over at cons
>>
File: silas armor painted.jpg (650 KB, 3240x4320) Image search: [Google]
silas armor painted.jpg
650 KB, 3240x4320
Been working on Silas from Fire Emblem Fates recently. If i'm short on time by AX then I might make the pieces to do Paladin class Silas to fill a spot on my line up.
Also doing Giorno Giovanna and a small group cosplay.

Bit pressured into staying at a shitty motel with some old high school friends,but I'll survive by just chilling with Cosfriends and out of state friends at night instead of that shit hole.
>>
>>8989650
I'll be rooming with another gull already, want to meet up? I'll be in lolita on mon unless the local lolitas are gathering before then.
>>
First time going to AX and my friend booked with Mayfair. I personally preferred one of the hotels along the main road since we're not familiar with the area but my friend liked the price of Mayfair more. How good/bad is this hotel/area (since it's a bit off the main road with all the other hotels)?
>>
>>8990456
Area should be fine. It's not in the residential areas and still fairly close to the main streets (a couple of blocks).
>>
>>8972608
Is it better now? First time going this year.
>>
>>8990674
1000x better. fifteen minute wait, maybe. it's on par with when Fanime unfucked their line.
>>
>>8989012
I hope so because I haven't bought a badge in hopes that i get accepted
>>
>>8990792
I guess it also depends on how many other volunteer apps they've gotten. I figure you can never have enough line controllers or gofers or grunts. whatever the last year they weren't giving out badges (2014?) it was pretty bad.
>>
Pic related and Alexanya Atoz from Zoolander. Hitting my mid twenties this year and am starting to feel weird about dressing up like under-aged animu girls.
Artist Alley, Yoshitaka Amano, catching up with con friends, panels, and getting some swag from the exhibit hall.
The insane crowds we've been getting these last few years, along with the increase in normies that are rude.
>>8989315
If they're doing the scavenger hunt again this year, I'd check it out. I went solo years ago and made some great friends during that event running around the city looking for pocky.
>>
File: BeautyPlus_20160504232958_save.jpg (751 KB, 1042x731) Image search: [Google]
BeautyPlus_20160504232958_save.jpg
751 KB, 1042x731
I will be joining AX for the first time and also visit the US / LA vor the first time.

I consider cosplaying Chat Noir from Ladybug, is that a good idea or not? how is the climate in that time? Is it extremely hot, is the location cooled down enough inside for such a costume?
>>
>>8992536
Outside it'll be hot. Inside it is usually okay but since there will be a bunch of people around you look like you'll still be hot in that suit.
>>
what

http://www.youthprotectionportal.org/
http://shiftboard.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/865793/docs/5716b05452d8b413.pdf

I can't even
>>
>>8992778
Oh and this applies to staff, volunteers, AA, press, exhibitors, guests, panelists, performers, vendors (food staff and the like), and all associates of the above. Strangely the only people not on that list are industry.
>>
>>8989315
>Any tips on meeting deceng people and not ending up getting raped or whatever?
Don't leave alone to go somewhere you don't know alone, just like any normal outing event.
>>
WOAH DEEDPOOL LMOA
>>
Any of you guys staying at the Westin? Considering to do an open game of Cards Against Humanity at night in the lobby.
>>
>>8971911
He was incorrect. AX is always the most attended and organized. Its a spectacle. Trust me
>>
>>8993205
Referring to the actual Cosplay Wrestling Federation panel at AX. The participants always bring their best material and the crowd is usually ten times as loud as the Fanime one. The smaller cons do have more intimate and passionate reactions, though. But thats because AX CWF attracts the most casuals who no nothing about it and wrestling culture
>>
>>8993093
Yeah, I love cards against humanity. Id participate. Just drop us a reminder the day of.
>>
>>8993207
will there be DX suck it chants or an anime equivalent?
that's all I ask for

Yes, I grew up around 2000.
>>
>>8993210
If there is a participant that incorporates DX into their routine then, yeah. But Ive heard some suck it chants and references to it before, so I expect it at least once.
>>
End your lives, faggots.
>>
>>8971911
>>8993205
Fanime's crowds are louder. There were reports that people heard the chants outside in the streets. Such a feat didn't happen at AX
>>
>>8992536
Why is this your primary concern?
Bleed and sweat for your cosplay, anything less is not trying.
>>
>>8993207
CWF's first year at AX was a mess and most of the crowd walked out. It also didn't help that this was the first time they had a champion forfeit the belt. Compare that to Fanime's debut which is one of the better CWF Shows of all time.

Fanimania I >>> AXtreme Rules 2014

However you don't have to take my word from it. Watch the show yourself.

AX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvRQwgn6fF4

Fanime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHdcS7crt8

>The smaller cons do have more intimate and passionate reactions, though

Are we talking about their ALA or house shows?
>>
>>8993585
Well I can't really estimate the climate, so I just want to do something stupid.

As I've never been to California, I don't want to be the odd one out showing up in a leather suit when it's >1000 degrees out there and everyone else would wonder why I would do that.

But if it's like here not completely odd to dress up screwing logic and common sense regarding the weather, then it will be alright I guess.
>>
How can I be as edgy as possible at Anime Expo?
>>
>>8993676
It'll be in the 80s, maybe 90s. Stay out of the sunlight and you'll probably survive

>>8993680
Chant Trump slogans and try to convert people into voting for Trump. Surefire way to piss off Californians. Don't worry, you won't be actually affecting the vote because California is an automatic blue state
>>
>>8993700
is ladybug popular in the US right now? Would loveto meet other fans there.
>>
>>8993732
It has at least a few fans out here. A couple of my friends have cosplayed it. I don't think it's super popular but you should be recognized
>>
>>8988811
>>8993559
Pretty obvious Faggot
>>
File: 1439292755980.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1439292755980.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>>8993800
Probably some salty fag that's too poor to go.
>>
Friendly reminder:

Only 56 days left !

GET HYPED
>>
File: 1436248295762.jpg (207 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1436248295762.jpg
207 KB, 720x1280
Reminder that this thing won best in show last year.
>>
>>8993834
THANKS BUZZFEED
>>
File: 08880ihft5.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
08880ihft5.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>8993834
>>
File: FB_IMG_1415026688336.jpg (53 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1415026688336.jpg
53 KB, 960x540
>>8993833
>>
>>8993834
Oh lawdy I have never seen it...my friends did a dancing group skit (utapri I think?) and they were beyond mad at the decision to give the award to someone who hot glued stuff together.
>>
>>8993868
https://m.reddit.com/r/animeexpo/comments/3c7kof/masquerade_2015_day_3/

Tldr scoring sucked and that guy shouldn't have won.
>>
>>8978277
don't forget DMMd
>>
File: 1458964252807.jpg (31 KB, 251x296) Image search: [Google]
1458964252807.jpg
31 KB, 251x296
>>8993834
Thanks for reminding me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HzSq26tHz4
>>
Can you recommend any hotels for AX? Is the hotel right next to the event building worth it or way to expensive?
>>
>>8993868
person that hot glued their hems together for the cosplay contest ended up winning a small panel contest at AX last year and I'm still fucking mad.
>>
>>8994509
Look on Booking.com, I scored a room at the Omni for around $1.1k after taxes for all four days
>>
>>8994889
holy crap dem shit's expensive
>>
>>8994930
At least it isn't comic con. One night for that price if you aren't in the hotel block haha
>>
>>8994930
We'll I'm splitting the bill with three other people so it's a lot more affordable.
>>
Welp. Hope all the artist alley people and vendors enjoy dropping a $50 fee for a background check if you want to work the con.
>>
>>8994988
Yeah, I have to pay for everyone of my people, from set up to tear down, to have a background check at $50 a head. Not happy about it after already dropping a few grand to be an exhibitor in the first place. Forcing a MAJOR contract change, and additional expense well after the cancellation period and even further after all our checks were cashed is really fucking shitty.

Drop the YPP thing on us this year at the end as a thing to do next year. Give people time to appreciate it, instead of just seeing it as a big hanging dollar sign.
>>
>>8994988
>>8995052
I realized that people might have no idea what we are talking about..

AX just sprang on all of it's vendors, exhibitors, artists, press, panelist, guests, staff, and volunteers this thing called the "Youth Protection Policy"
They also asked us all to sign an amendment to our already finalized and PAID contracts, saying that everyone has to have a background check cleared, or you will be barred from AX. At your own expense, of course.

You can read the YPP here http://shiftboard.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/865793/docs/5716b05452d8b413.pdf

It reads so awkwardly, like a crazed over protective helicopter mom.

Also here's a horrible video they put out https://youtu.be/kIcfEBPaid0
>>
>>8995062
I can understand wanting to run background checks. But expecting every vendor, artists alley, etc to drop $50 per person for a background check is ridiculous. Especially for volunteers and staff. AX should be paying for their own employee and volunteers background checks. Instead of implementing it on short notice, they should have done it NEXT year, and included it in the fees for vendors/artist alley people.
>>
Are you shitting me? The want us to pay for it? AX should be footing the bill on all of these. They are the ones who want it in the first place so they should be the ones to pay.
>>
Would you guys mind posting a screen cap for the part where it says it's $50 and that we are forced to pay? The only way we could bypass it is if everyone bands together on it. Every artist, guest, exhibitor, press, all refusing to pay. I don't know how likely that is.
>>
What will you be cosplaying?
It's not really cosplay but a seifuku from Evangelion just to make my friend feel more comfortable over her Celty cosplay as it's her first time.

What are you looking forward to the most?
I look forward to the whole thing 'cause I've never been. The only con I've been to is Comic-con and that was chill.

How to meet cool people? Meet-ups?
>>
>>8995199
Cosplay.com has a whole meetup/gathering guide for big name fandoms
>>
>>8995087
Maybe it's some new California security law that came into effect this year and AX has no choice, other than maybe they should've let people know A LOT earlier.
>>
>>8995383
I really really doubt that considering both fanime and sdcc are not doing it. It's some stupid corporate officer's bright idea to pretend they actually give a shit when all it is meant to do is deflect blame if an event were to happen
>>
>>8995383
And again, wjy are we the ones paying?
>>
>>8995062
>children aged 12 years and younger must be chaperoned by an adult at all times. All
SPJA representatives must be aware of their surroundings. If you notice an unaccompanied
child who you believe to be aged 12 years or younger, contact your supervisor, or an SPJA
representative who will notify Security or the Appropriate Supervisor.

Good luck reinforcing that one at all. The children running loose are the ones who won't listen to you and with the parents who don't really care that much. They'll have dashed off into thin air by the time you find a supervisor or SPJA rep to report it.
>>
>>8995383
I doubt it, or they'd have mentioned something a lot sooner.

It's really suspicious that they're suddenly doing this with just two months to go for the con, and all the contracts have been finalized for many people.

The fact that they expect everybody to PAY for their own background check(because it's being done by a third party), instead of doing it for at least their own staff is questionable. I don't think I've ever seen a company require their employees to pay for their own background checks.
>>
>>8995389
>>8995401
Didn't know that other big cons didn't ask for the same thing, so this is now quite confusing and understandably upsetting.

I'm guessing the high cost is likely because this "third party" will eat about 50% of it and the actual cost of filling out an online application yourself through your state's .gov or official site is likely no more than $20.

On one hand, I'd like my employer or AX to cover the cost, but on the other hand, I can see how much money that it'd all sum up to be. Then again it's AX's decision.
>>
This will be the first con I've ever attended and I plan to cosplay.
is it seen as "rude" to cosplay as something non-anime at a anime con?
>>
>>8995439
sperglords gonna sperg
you won't be the only person they're mad at, the AKon front-page header this year is of last year's LoL cosplay gathering
>>
>>8995439
It is kind of rude. Not that serious but anime cons are running out of anime and the cons themselves try to bandwagon onto the next best thing (japan related or not) which doesn't help the industry. Obviously people can wear what they want but it does harm cons in a way.
>>
>>8995401
It's not illegal to charge the "employee" for their own background check in California but it shows that they're total assholes. If they want this bullshit safety they should be the ones footing the bill. It's not even about safety; it's about having deniability. They're automatically assuming that staff or volunteers or press or exhibitors otherwise WILL do something bad and they don't want to be stuck holding the bag. They want to say "oh, we did a background check, it's not our fault, teehee!" You want a background check? Fine. It's not the first and it's not the last. I've even gone through background checks for government and law enforcement positions and I'm sure those are a lot more strenuous. But making me pay for it? Fuck you, SPJA.
>>
>>8995474
showing my oldfag here, but a LOT of anime cons are still run by the kids who showed up as Harlock or Lum or Char to SF cons and eventually took the whole thing over.
>>
I'm really curious, as industry with an exhibitor badge to get in and help my team with setup and a press badge for panel photography, whether I'm going to get to pay $150 for this
>>
>>8995475
I've had criminal background checks for other things. I wonder if I can submit those results instead of paying $40-$50 for literally the same answers again.
>>
Oh and these people are the ones who MAKE YOUR CONVENTION. The guests, the volunteers, the staff, the exhibitors, the artists; without them YOU HAVE NO CONVENTION. SPJA should be footing the bill.

>>8995491
Oh fuck. I hadn't even thought of that. That's on top of the exhibitor badge your company is paying for.
>>
>>8995439
No, not rude. I mean, as long as you actually like anime and aren't just going to show off your cosplay
Hell they have gatherings for non-anime cosplay groups
I'm only cosplaying from one anime this year, although I think anime style JRPGs won't make someone shit themselves in fury
>>
>>8995500
realistically the company's getting all 3, but it's still a huge leap from comped industry badge ($55 if we weren't as big), vendor badge included in space, comped press badge to... even a single "not a pedo or at least not a DANGEROUS pedo" clearance at $50, never mind one per badge at $150
>>
>>8995531
The vendor space is already like $1000, isn't it?

All I can think is that even with certain individuals who will not be named being gone we're still being haunted by them. Fuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.