[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Momocon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 747x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 747x309
Momocon is next month at the Congress Center!
What are you plans? Who are you cosplaying/ what are your coords?
>>
>Obligatory Trustfundcon-Censorshipcon-Shitcon remark

I was going to do Sakuyamon from Digimon but I don't think I have enough time to do an armor build so I may push it off until D*Con. Leaning towards doing a Raven variant.

What are you doing OP?
>>
>>8956393
Nice! Id love to see what you look like.

Im doing a full power armor cosplay for DragCon as well that wont be ready for Momo. I have the helmet all done but nothing else.
Anyways, I may do a Fallout raider with my power armor helmet or try to throw together a Diamond Dogs soldier cosplay in time.

Last year I had a great time with some Anons doing a Hotline Miami cosplay group with me, hopefully I find some equally as cool people
>>
Can't believe nobody has posted in here.
Havent bought my tickets yet buy im hoping to do a Killzone cosplay
>>
Dont die on me now
>>
Got my hotel room booked, planning my cosplay, probably a Pokemon trainer. Leaning towards Calem or Hilbert, but if I can't find time I'll touch up my old Morty cosplay.

This is the first con in a while where I won't know anyone there.
>>
>>8956875
Because no one gives a shit about momocon. You think after the 6th thread fell off the board you would get the hint.
>>
>>8957621
Hostile this morning, aren't we?
>>
>>8957621
>nobody gives a shit
> went through 4 threads during and 2 before last year
>had a fairly large meetup
>everyone loved it besides people who care about drama
Ok, go somewhere else then
>>
>>8958140
To be fair, a lot of those threads were talking about the couple of shit storms that happened. Mainly that one girl crying about not being able to have her tits hanging out at a "family friendly con", the fact that the director tried to make it a "family friendly con", and the director getting caught jerkin his gherkin to that girl who cosplayed last year's mascot.

Which I'm still looking for pictures of, if anyone has them.
>>
Here come the staffers white knighting it.

Don't worry guys, we know 4k of your attendance is actually free badges handed out.

Fake attendance numbers to the rescue!
>>
>>8958150
woah wait what?
>>
>>8958187
Epic meme
>>
>>8958150
Oh yeah, forgot about that second part. I only remembered the drama with that one chick who spammed her video all over the place that she got sexually harrassed and then the staff kicked her out for causing a scene or something

Eh, still a fun con. Had tons of fun with the seagulls here, probably the most fun Ive had at a con in years. Hopefully I have a better time at DCon this year than last
>>
>>8958200
Yeah, I think they did really good damage control, so it's arguable whether it actually happened. But iirc that cosplayer was actually not bad looking.

>>8958315
Yeah, I was just making the argument that a lot of the threads wasn't because momo was super popular. Personally, I had a lot of fun too. I got extremely blasted and spent a lot of time with my good friends as well as Justin Wong. Idk how much overlap there is between cosplayers and fighting game players, but he's pretty famous in the fgc. Despite that, real down to earth guy. Fun to be around.
Even when I was sober, people seemed to like my cosplay which made the experience even better.
>>
>>8958402
Yeah, I get you.
I didn't delve too much in the gaming area last year, looked like fun though.
Hope I run into some people I met last year from here.
>>
>>8958473
If the layout is the same this year, it should be right next to the dealers room. Sure most of it is competitive games, but last year there was an area right by the entrance with a good handful of arcade games. Definitely worth checking out.
>>
>>8959049
Tokyo attack is coming back this year and is bringing more stuff with them. Double size arcade section apparently.
>>
>>8959821
Awh man. Are you for real? I'm gonna be out of town this year. I'm sad I'm gonna miss it.
>>
>>8956402

>Last year I had a great time with some Anons doing a Hotline Miami cosplay group with me, hopefully I find some equally as cool people

Met a dude who seemed cool and swapped numbers. Not sure if you're that dude but, if you are, I deleted your number 'cause you never texted me back ever, mate.
>>
>>8959821
They won't be coming back next year when they see what's in store for them.

They shouldn't have taken that dirty money.
>>
File: WP_20150603_001.jpg (365 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150603_001.jpg
365 KB, 1632x918
Momocon last year was a great show. Im sad that I wont be able to return this year.
>>
>>8961801
I had the rat mask. Did you do it with me or the tiger mask dude?
>>
>>8959821
Tokyo Attack at Momo is some of the south east's only rhythm gaming. Kind of sad I have to miss this year
>>
>>8961804
what do you mean?

>>8961993
that trophy looks like a six year old painted it
>>
Will be attending for the first time and totally stoked. Any recommended events for this year? I'm kinda excited about Cree Summer being there and hopefully will get some stuff autographed.
>>
Getting my plane ticket tomorrow hopefully, super excited for this con. My first time going actually.
>>
Hope this year feels a bit more held together than last year. Been going to momo since it was a small college campus con, last year's was so loose and all over the place.
>>
>>8970065
Tbqh I really enjoyed when it was at the hotel, it was a very nice venue. The Congress Center is kinda disjointed and awkward, especially those escalators.
>>8970058
Awesome, hopefully you have a good time. Id love to meet some gulls, met a few last year and had a good time
>>
I'll be there! Any other lolitas/ita-baggers going? Been trying to finish my coords in time.
>>
>>8970089
I'm going! I'll have a couple of bags throughout the weekend. Whatcha bringing?
>>
>>8970089
I'm hoping to have my todomatsu itabag ready by then, and I'll be wearing lolita on Sunday. First time going!
>>
>>8970065
yup, they didnt organize it very well
>>
Any tips for people going for the first time? I'm staying at the Embassy Suits and idk what to expect size/space wise.
>>
>>8972095
The location has some pretty big open spaces. I havent stayed at the Embassy but theyre pretty alright size wise from when I glanced in to help someone bring something down from their suite.

Travel light, dont bring too much stuff down with you since youre likely to get bumped into alot.

Elevators get crowded so prepare to wait.

Dont buy from the foodcourt in the convention, walk 5 mins literally across the street and eat at the CNN foodcourt.
>>
>>8972111
Indeed. CNN has a Taco Bell and the beefy crunch burrito comes back tomorrow morning.

I can't even sleep right now.
>>
>>8961993
You were giant Gundam guy?? GunDAMN, son!

Do they let guys into the lolita party? My sister won't want to go without me.
>>
File: 18443292985_98ac0637cf_o.jpg (1 MB, 4937x3296) Image search: [Google]
18443292985_98ac0637cf_o.jpg
1 MB, 4937x3296
>>8972389
Yup that was me. Had a ton of fun at the show. That gaming area setup was impressive as hell.
>>
Working on Telma from Twilight Princess. Staying at the Omni Hotel.
>>
>>8972455
Pacman ghosts were bros
>>
File: 1433024149351.jpg (608 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1433024149351.jpg
608 KB, 1080x1920
>>8973481
Indeed :)
>>
>>8973504
I know theyre Gulls too, hopefully they come this year
>>
>>8958187

How the fuck would these people be funding a convention at the GWCC with an attendence of 4k.

Also is there any rumor of them toning down the family friendliness stuff?

Doesn't really bother me, but I was genuinely surprised to see girls in bikinis getting asked to leave.

I didn't know prudish cons were a thing.
>>
>>8973892
Anon isn't saying that they only have a 4k attendance (wiki page says that it was ~22,000 last year) but that they hand out 4k free badges.
>>
>>8973899
Well 22,000 might not be correct either. Supposedly they used turnstile method of counting where you count every person who walks through a certain point rather than number of individual badges present. Essentially artificially inflating the attendance number.

>>8973892
Also, it's still pretty recent that momo went from trike to training wheels to finally riding the big kid bike last year. A lot of the security was power tripping, so it'll be another couple years before the tone of the con really starts to show.

Do you know if they were still kicking people out after dark?
>>
>>8970512
>>8970607

Awesome! I have my Jojo's bag I'll be bringing. If I have any sort of progress on my Tanaka Ryunosuke bag, I'll bring that too. I'll probably be in lolita all weekend! I wanted to cosplay, but I don't think I'll have time for it.
>>
>>8974234
Last I've heard is that they were working out the details to extend the hours the congress center is open for con people and events. I really should look into it more as last year was a buzzkill around midnight when you were between cops saying you can't stay in that area and the powertripping con security yelling at you for doing anything else except leave.
>>
>>8972455

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCtEndqir4E

Great Beat Down Boogie vid of Momocon 2015.
Here to get you hyped!
>>
New Devil Slayer version of Gray Fullbuster is complete. Now just working on Poe. Only a month away now!
>>
>>8975810
>jojo
NICE. Hope to see you.

>>8973892
Yeah they want it to be a little more kid-friendly. In my opinion that's fine, they can run their con that way if they want and it doesn't ruin my experience. Just save your skimpy cosplays for Dragon Con where anything goes pretty much. It's only a couple months afterwords.
>>
>>8976394
>watch video
>good feels!
>click AWA 2014 video at the end
>see dead friend

Oh, I made myself sad.
>>
File: 1447651552636.png (161 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
1447651552636.png
161 KB, 512x511
>>8978806
oh...
>>
File: j.jpg (178 KB, 2048x1149) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
178 KB, 2048x1149
>>8979271
Lol, sorry for the sudden bummer.

This is going to be the first Atlanta con I've been to since my favorite local cosplayer's death. I know they were looking forward to this one, and it's just left me feeling a little blue.
>>
File: 1443749770924.jpg (11 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
1443749770924.jpg
11 KB, 190x265
>>8979281
I've been in that spot before, just not with cons.
You're good, it'll be a great con for you still. I'm sure that's what your friend would want!
>>
>>8978806
>>8979281

"Alucardalina", is that you?
>>
>>8979987
I don't know who that is.

I was just a fan of Amy and I'm sad she died.
>>
File: koncry.gif (113 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
koncry.gif
113 KB, 278x400
>>8979281
Omg it's Blue!

Such a sweet and talented kid. As an Atlanta cosplayer, this shit hurt.
>>
I will be there as Panty! Are any other PSGs coming?

Is anyone else excited about the guests? Cree Summer!
>>
>>8981477

I'm super excited for her!
>>
>>8980295

Oh. There was another cosplayer that died in the Touhou community during a wreck leaving the convention a good two or three years ago. It was pretty sad.
>>
>>8981477
I'm coming as Stocking!

>>8981793
Oh no, I'm sorry about that. :( Will pour out a ramune for our fallen sisters.
>>
I guess they're not too okay with sexy cosplay? My friend's friend had to gtfo last year for doing battle mode Ryuko.
>>
>>8982765
No momocon unfortunately is not outside of photoshoot areas. They'll always tell you to put a shirt on etc.
So bring a backup plan~!
>>
>>8956293
I have a buddy going as Zwei from Phantom, and I'm going as Strelok. So I think its a pretty diverse group so far.
>>
Schedule is up!

http://www.momocon.com/schedule/
>>
>>8981793
It was sad and major face palming with that bitch used his death to fish for pity.
>>
>>8983484
Ah, I see... I hope I didn't sound like I was bringing up Amy's death for attention! I just thought she was really good, and I thought some gulls here might miss her too.
>>
File: Tentative Momocon Plan.png (408 KB, 1814x2226) Image search: [Google]
Tentative Momocon Plan.png
408 KB, 1814x2226
>>8983449

What 'cha doin'?

Who you meetin'?

What games you playin'?

TIME TO REV UP THOSE BATTLEPLANS, BOYS AND GIRLS! I'm pretty damn happy there's a good bit to do this year around. I felt last year was rather lackluster in panels, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>8983449
Ah, kinda bummed there's no steve Blum or brentalfloss panel on sat or sun. I have to work Friday.
>>
OKAY GULLS, IS THIS ANY OF YOU BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO GET IN TOUCH AGAIN.
So at Momocon last year, I met up with someone from the meet thread. I don't remember who you were cosplaying, but I was cosplaying Chiyuki and Mami Tomoe all weekend. We smoked in your car Friday night, I believe, and then drank Saturday? Anyway, I never got your number or anything, so I'd love to meet back up with you again, this year! PS. I'll bring party favors of my own, this time. Don't worry.
>>
>>8984250

Now that you mention, are we doing any sort of meet this year, and are /cgl/ newfags welcome?
>>
I just wanna meet friendly, kawaii people. That's what cons are for.
>>
>>8984912

I'm not kawaii, but I'm friendly. I guess. Better go get that refund, Anon.
>>
>>8985096
I'm sure you're kawaii enough.

I just wanna make new weeb friends. My old ones abandoned me for hotter bitches.
>>
>>8983873
How did you get the schedule as a .png?
>>
>>8984912
I met a couple gulls last year which was pretty fun. I had a booth last year and I'll have one again this year.

I apologize in advance if I seem a bit blunt or snippy when talking if you find me at my table just because working in the artist alley can be a bit stressful for me. I will definitely be up for hanging out when I'm not at my table as well (that's just the best way to find me).

My table name is Janvier Cosplay and Crafts (because I sell cosplay pieces and plushies/other crafts). You can also find my table as the one with plushies and different bath bombs. I'll be selling steven universe ones (as shown in the picture), D20 ones, rupees, and paopu fruit ones.

I'll be cosplaying Linkle and some different Love Live outfits during the con.
>>
File: 1445901109920.jpg (261 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1445901109920.jpg
261 KB, 900x506
>>8985701

The autism kicked in and I took screenshots of the schedule on my browser and patched the schedule together piece by piece. Shoulda' thought to make a template, damn - sorry about that.

>>8985221

Damn, that bites. In that case, we'll wrangle up all the nerds and do some fun jazz. I, for one, am gonna' try to summon up the courage to sing karaoke. RIP in piece me.

>>8985790

Oh, hey! Yeah, I'm that Okabe that you met last year. The Poro's horn came off somehow. ;_; This silly goose is lying, she's as chill as chill can be. Also I'm definitely going to need to steal those cookie cats from you, that's pretty slick.
>>
>>8985812
Oh hey! I remember you. It was cool meeting you last year! I'm sorry to hear about the poro horn! If you bring it to the con I'll totally fix it up for you at my table. The thread I'm using is thicker now and I'm using a sturdier hand sewing technique so it shouldn't happen again in the future! It would be nice to see you again.
>>
>>8985816

>If you bring it to the con I'll totally fix it up for you at my table.

You're the best, I definitely will! And likewise, likewise, it's always nice to see familiar faces. Also this year looks like it's so much more action-packed, it's nice. Not to mention there actually being late-night things to do aside from the rave this time around.
>>
Tech volunteer here; no cosplay planned. I get more enjoyment out of making cons better for attendees than actually attending (I've also been doing conventions for too long).
>>
File: 1447190957754.png (463 KB, 684x690) Image search: [Google]
1447190957754.png
463 KB, 684x690
>>8986146

Good on you, bud. If I catch you, you'll be running the risk of being bought a drink. Always appreciate people taking the time out of their convention day to help out. Was gonna' get Captain Kek a drink from [s4s] but I haven't seen him in a few years.
>>
I might bring my Nishinoya cosplay to Momo! Any other gulls doing Haikyuu cosplay?
>>
>>8985790
always nice to see you at cons
>>
>>8958150
Which mascot? They had two last year.... and where you here this from?
>>
>>8974234
Yeah, they're still kicking people out after dark, but that's MomoCon following GWCC rules. They have to be out of there by a certain time, and that's enforced by GWCCA Police.
>>
>>8985823
Yeah it's nice having things to do at night. Last year was awkward with how the only thing to do at night was just drink and hang out at the nearby hotels. There's more guests and panels that I'm interested in this year as well.

>>8986329
Thank you. I appreciate hearing that. I applied for AWA a few days ago and I'm hoping I'll get in this year as well. Over the summer I'm hoping to make some new products now that I have an embroidery machine such as Neko Atsume tsum tsums.
>>
>>8986155
I'll probably be running the "ounce of prevention" squad this year if I'm able to avoid putting out "fires" as they say...
>>
After my friends vanished, I'm coming stag this year. Will I still have fun?
>>
>>8986696
this is why momo will never be one of the Atlanta greats. People go to SDCC for celebrities, people go to DCon to party.
>>
>>8988119
Just because it's not a huge party con like DCon doesn't mean it's not a good con. Not everyone goes to anime cons to get wasted on overpriced hotel bar drinks.
>>
>>8988183
If you're exclusively getting drinks from the bar, you're doing it wrong. However, this is more a comment on how Momo staff trips on all the power given to them by the stick shoved up their ass.
>>
File: 1404415402305s.jpg (11 KB, 210x250) Image search: [Google]
1404415402305s.jpg
11 KB, 210x250
Personally I hate party cons.
If it's not good enough of an event for me to have fun without being fucking wasted it's not a good event.
I have friends that spend hundreds of dollars to go to AX and they go to maybe 2 events and spend the rest of the time drinking in the room.
What a waste.
I was gonna come to momo for the first time this year but I think my plans are falling through.
>>
>>8988596
>gwcc imposes the curfew
>blames momocon anyway even though they have no choice
yeah ok makes sense
>>
>>8988119
>>8988183
>People go to SDCC for celebrities
>people go to DCon to party
>Just because it's not a huge party con like DCon doesn't mean it's not a good con
So while the other two are famous for attracting big names and being a place to socialize and party after hours, people go to momo to get kicked out and abused by uptight staff?

>>8988657
>implying momo coordinators were forced to choose the congress center as the host building.
>>
>>8988918
Jesus just leave the thread and dont go to Momo, nobody is making you
>>
>>8988918

>implying most convention centers DON'T have curfews.
>implying it's easy to break a contract because maybe 100 attendees wanna wander at 3am instead of fucking sleeping or relaxing in their room.
>>
File: $1_5711.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
$1_5711.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>8988119
>>8988596
>>8988918

Holy shit, we get it - you hate Momocon. Someone probably called you out on your ita cosplay and you got upset or some dude rejected you when you were all boozed up, we get it. If you've such a hateboner for Momocon, you don't have to go - why post here? You're convincing literally no one to -not- go. Fuck off already.

I don't enjoy the convention because I wanna' get shitfaced or not. I don't enjoy the the convention because there's bigwig names and cosplayers there. I enjoy Momocon because it's just like any other convention; I get to meet new people, have an excuse to get out and let loose amidst a bunch of fellow nerds and weeb out to my heart's content for a weekend. That, and I can't be ass'd to go 4+ hours away for a convention. If you can't enjoy yourself with the simple things then you're the one with a stick up you're ass.
>>
My friend got stabbed in the leg at Momocon 2013, but we're p sure it was an accident.

Coming back for the first time since. I've heard the con got a lot better?
>>
>>8989140
Its good enough that you'll probably not get stabbed to say he least
>>
>>8989140
Seems like 2013 was a bad year for a lot of people. My father passed away on the Friday of Momocon that year (which is why I'm glad that they changed the date for Momocon). I hope your friend's leg healed up well.

Momocon seems like it is really trying to be a lot more entertaining and keeps up to date with popular interests in the fandom. They normally have a good mix of video game, anime, and cartoon guests/events. I also really like that they try to promote local indie game developers and have a lot of game demos.

Sure it's not the BEST con ever but I always have a good time there and it always seems like there is something to do before it gets late.
>>
>>8989148
This
Fun con with a lot of nice people and fun events. The gaming areas were very good last year and theres a ton of guests now.
Met a few gulls last year and had a great times
>>
Anyone know any people who'll be in the market/artist alley?
Im looking for Jojo stuff particularly, heard there was only one dude last year selling SAS figures. Was hoping to make a little gift box of Jojo merch and stuff for someone
>>
>>8989148
Oh no, I'm sorry about your dad.

He wasn't cut too deep. I think he just walked into something sharp or some shit.
>>
>>8989158
2013? Wasn't that back at tech? I wouldn't be surprised if some edgelord was running around playing ninja stabbing people. That being said, I'm glad your friends okay.

The con's not perfect, but it's leagues above what it was when it was free, I doubt shit like that would happen again.
>>
File: snickersmom.jpg (207 KB, 542x640) Image search: [Google]
snickersmom.jpg
207 KB, 542x640
Which do you guys prefer, Momocon or Anime Weekend Atlanta?
>>
>>8989520
Neither.
>>
>>8989520
AWA, but they're not that different.
>>
>>8989156

>Im looking for Jojo stuff particularly,

Holy shit, are you me? That was literally my sole purpose last year at Momocon. I 110% second this question.

>>8989146

Ayyy

>>8989520

Honestly, getting to meet ZUN at AWA was really the cream of the crop for me, so AWA will always win for fan favorite with me. That being said though, I like Momocon - it was a bunch of diehard college kids originally doing a project of passion, and for that they'll always have my respect.
>>
>>8989520
No one answer this shit. This entire fucking thread has been Momocon staff adverting the con and now this is them checking to see if it worked.
>>
>>8989578
>>bunch of college kids
>>Actually bankrolled by two faggots that control everything so all funding went to them.
>>
>>8989627
Pretty sure I'm just an ATL weeaboo trying to make conversation, but sure, whatever.
>>
>>8989639
If you look at the first letter of Momocon, "M"
and then remove the first and last line, then add a line to the top, then rotate it 180...

Illuminati staff is trying to pry into our minds.

you're welcome.
>>
>>8989627

I'm from Texas and this is my first time going, but ok!
>>
>>8989639
Watch a Momocon thread and Anime weekend atlanta thread. Fuck, you don't even have to compare it to anime weekend atlanta. Any south east con that is not fishing for attendees. Momocon threads are have the same fucking posts and wording every damn year. It's so fucking agitating.
>>
>>8989745
We get it, you got kicked out for your slut-tastic cosplay last year and are a salty bitch. Move on.
>>
>>8988603
>Personally I hate party cons.
>If it's not good enough of an event for me to have fun without being fucking wasted it's not a good event.

This. I'm not dropping a couple hundred bucks to spend any time in my room or get so shitfaced I can't remember stuff.
Your con is good if it has good things to do.
>>
>>8958315

>I only remembered the drama with that one chick who spammed her video all over the place that she got sexually harrassed and then the staff kicked her out for causing a scene or something

That would be this twat. Luna Lanie. She's at it again posting that video to stir up drama then I guess Monika Lee and Lindsay M basically told her to let sleeping dogs lie and stfu. Then banned them and everyone else that disagreed with her.

Some serious sour grapes coming from her social media pages.
>>
>>8989840
The irony of this post is that whenever Momocon suck ups hear something bad, they instantly blame Luna. The bitch dosen't care about you autistics. She got her fame from you idiots and is now swimming in money and fame.
>>
>>8990529
>Momocon suck ups
Jesus what the hell are you even on about? This whole board is about conventions and we're just trying to discuss this convention thats this month.

Youre just too damn dense, just leave the thread and dont post or even think about Momocon if you hate it so much.

Theres not a single person here thats praising Momocon as being a perfect convention or an "epik party convention".
>>
>>8990582
A defensive sperg has appeared.
>>
>>8990767
>doesnt have a valid response
>shitposts
Amazing
>>
>>8990767
Nice response,retard.
>>
Love how it's literally just this one guy complaining about the con because he has nothing better to do.

Anyways, have a graduation to attend on Thursday but Id love tonhave a meetup one of the other days!
>>
>>8990802
>>Implying it's one guy
>>hoping it's one guy
>>desperately praying that it's one guy

First you fucks said it's Luna, now you say it's just one guy. Make up your minds.
>>
>>8989943
so I just went to her page and gotta say, she's done this stuff before, she was breaking cosplay code, and shes still trying to get views for her video bc it has ads so she gets more money if more ppl watch it.

ALSO, theres a bunch a photos of her in just body paint or whatever and...does she not have nipples? or did she just completely edit them out of all her topless photos? her tits look so weird in every photo of her being topless (like, I understand she prob did it so fb wouldnt take them down but still)
>>
>>8990903
People do weird things for attention, maybe she's been declining in her popularity or something
>>
>>8989140
"My friend got stabbed, but i heard it got better"
Underrated post.
>>
>>8989520
My vote has to go to AWA, but only because of a few panels that made a big difference in my opinion.
Momo was actually my first con back in the day, I liked it better at the marriot, but it's still worth going to.
>>
>>8990802
We will probably get a meetup together closer to the date. Right now saturday is better for me, and saturday is when we've had the annual AWA meetup that's been pretty successful.
>>
>>8990942
Same, loves it at the marriot. Was super comfy and convenient
>>8990943
Awesome, me too. Friday or Saturday are best for me
>>
>>8990903

She edited the nipples out.

>>8990909

Like this anon said, she's definitely thirsty and she's pushing the envelope showing more skin with no substantial growth in popularity. It probably drives her nuts that other cosplayers whom don't whore themselves out are trumping her 75k following by 200,000+ followers.
>>
>>8990909

Hate to say it but Luna would probably have more success in porn then cosplay right now.

I mean she's literally nobody and then has the balls to throw an entire convention under the bus over bullshit harassment claims because they told her to change her indecent costume.

She shat where she eats and now she can't let the vendetta go. Total cunt move.
>>
Last time I went to this damn con, a homeless man beeged my sister to huge him. It was fucking awkward.
>>
anyone have suggestions for photographers? I looked in the fb groups and the ones advertising aren't...very good. I'm willing to actually pay, so it doesnt have to be hand outs or freebies. (that said, I'd rather pay for stuff thats worth the price as opposed to paying for kinda crappy or stupid edits).

and anyone planning on going to the aquarium? I love the aquarium, but I don't have a photog set up or really any 'under the sea' kind of cosplays.
>>
>>8991355
Did she huge him?
>>
>>8991355

I wish I knew girls that could huge me. Also don't see how that's the convention's fault, but whatever.

>>8990874
>>8990767
>>8990529
>>8989745
>>8989627

I have literally never seen this much concentrated legbeard in forever. Holy shit, take your (You)s and fucking leave. Next time you do cosplay, heaven forbid, cosplay as this dude on the left.
>>
File: brahams.jpg (19 KB, 475x346) Image search: [Google]
brahams.jpg
19 KB, 475x346
Oh god. I went to this con in 2015 and saw a dude get in a fight with a furry.

Fuck yes I'm going back.
>>
>>8993145
saved.
>>
>>8991355
I've gotten more huge requests at Momocon than anywhere else.
>>
Does anyone want to cosplay One Pinch man with me?
>>
>>8997079

A bit late to be asking that, honestly. But what, are you asking for someone who wants to cosplay as Saitama or as another character? If the latter, who are you cosplaying, so that they might compliment yours and visa versa? Doubtful, but still.
>>
File: krabshero.png (679 KB, 802x815) Image search: [Google]
krabshero.png
679 KB, 802x815
>>8997079
>One Pinch man
>>
>post in Momocon Facebook group
>"Who wants to have a Taco Bell party at the con?"
>wait hours
>one reply
>"I don't want con diarrhea."
>delete post in shame

How about you guys?
>>
>>8997456
I mean, I'll probably get Taco Bell at the CNN center...
>>
>>8997079
Single punch dude?
I love that show!
>>
>>8997456
I always go for sushi or order pizza, if i go by the foodcourt I might get taco bell but it's not preplanned!
>>
File: loliembarrassing.png (242 KB, 559x460) Image search: [Google]
loliembarrassing.png
242 KB, 559x460
>>8998057
Yeah, I'll go because they currently have the beefy crunch burrito, but I don't know if I'm gonna plan to meet some people there.

I'm kinda worried about farting in lolita contexts though.
>>
Anyone here going Thursday? I'll be flying solo that day and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few gulls.
>>
>>8999152
Me, probably. My little sisters don't show up until Saturday, so I'm solo Friday as well.

Are you doing anything cool?
>>
Before there is drama like last year.

If you do not like family friendly rules. DON'T GO.

If you don't like any of the rules. DON'T GO.

No one is forcing you to go to an event and spend money.
>>
Who elsa is doing the aquarium?
>>
>>8999311
How about you stfu and don't tell me what to do?
>>
Well shit. I may be in jail during this con. Burglary.

Judging by last year, I won't miss much.
>>
>>8999584
>"hey if you dont think ur gonna have a good time don't go"
>"UH DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO I'LL GO AND HAVE A BAD TIME IF I WANT MOM!!!"
>>
Facebook friend posted this today. I'm sure that the drag makeup will be hit or miss for seagulls, but I can't resist a nice clean-looking bodysuit. Plus I like how they flipped part of the wig back.
>>
>>8999831
Forgot to mention, they're wearing this to Momo. I'm excited to see it IRL; I'm sick of so many shit-tier MTTs.
>>
>>8999831
I really dislike the drag makeup, but it is a reasonable interpretation, I suppose. Main costume looks fine. Also, friends don't post friends on 4chan.
>>
>>8999823
Don't think for me? How's that? Fucking liberal.
>>
>>8999873
Aren't you just a try-hard.
>>
>>8999860
Please, this board is so tame it's not really a big deal if you post a friend or not, especially if it's in a positive manner. It'd be different if this was /b/ or one of the porn boards.
Also to stay on topic, this Mettaton is pretty neat! Tell your friend they did a good job.
>>
>>8999128
ohhhh beefy crunch burrito. You have a good point.

hahaha, lolita farts, the things you never plan for...
>>
>>8999152
I'm with a large group, but I may be solo wandering around for a bit on thursday. I like to split off and hang out with different circles!
>>
>>8999584
>No chill
>>
>>8999999
>>
>>8999760
Damn, son!
>>
>>8999760
Did...Did you do it anon?
>>
Have done staff there the past couple year; switching it up this year and doing just cosplay and hosting panels instead. Really excited, actually, since I'll be able to enjoy the con instead of just working on making it happen.
>>
>>9000857
I broke into a friend's cousin's house to take his Gamecube, but I had a good reason. I won't get much jail time. Eheehee.
>>
Looking forward to Lie-About-Harassment-Con
>>
This is my first Momocon, and I seen some photographers posted their pages on the momocon group page. I wanted to know are they any that you all do or don't recommend?
>>
>>8973504
>>8973509
This warms the cockles of my non existent heart.
We are.
Also Temjin, sorry I spazed out so much last year, I love your builds so much. So excited to see what you're bringing this year.
>>
>>9001336
Sadly I wont be there this year :( I'm actually going to Switzerland for the CosplayGen awards. Wish me luck /cgl/, /proceeds to fall down on stage.
>>
>>9001668
Break a leg!

Shame you won't be around this year, there's always AWA though.
>>
>>9001668
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. But also congrats! May all your pieces arrive safely over there and back, and I'm sure you'll do great!
>>
>>8999299
Not really, in terms of clothing I'm probably going casual that day, I might try my hand at the paper airplane contest though for the halibut. Otherwise I'll be wandering around or in the arcade section.
>>
Bad news, guys. I'm not going after all.
>>
>>9003601
Who are you?
>>
You trying to sell your badge?
>>
>>8957621
Truth - No one gives a shit about Momocon. It's a disaster. Volunteers are clueless. Waste of time and money.
>>
Traveling in from Ireland. What should I know?
>>
>>9005118
Be more specific. Is this your first time going to Georgia? Flying into Hartsfield? Or is this not your first time in the states and you want con-specific info?
>>
>>9004462
>"no one gives a shit"
>thousands of people go every year
>has possibly surpassed awa's attendance levels
yeah ok makes sense. seriously if you're so salty, gtfo this thread and don't go to the con. no one wants your unnecessary bitterness.
>inb4 i'm called a staff member. i just go to the con, that's all.
>>
>>9005168
Yeah, I'm visiting my wife's son in ATL. He's going to cosplay that new cartoon with the six Jon Arbuckles wearing sweaters.
>>
>Dead thread
>Some popular cosplayer posts
>Thread is suddenly bustling wanting to talk to them

Vapid, the lot of you.
>>
>>9006335
Wat. Also momocon's threads have never been super active.

Anyone seen any panels that are must go to? Anyone doing the Aquarium?
>>
>>9006312
Well that's one way to describe Osomatsu-san haha.
Anyway, congrats on your first time coming to ATL! I love living here and it's cool to see non-natives come here.
In general for the area, don't be too overwhelmed by how huge Hartsfield is and don't be afraid to ask staff where to go; they are very nice. If you can, take an Uber and explore the city a little when it comes to eating options. Atlanta has some of the best restaurants in the South and you owe it to yourself to try and find the more eclectic ones. I tend to tell people to go to The Vortex in Little 5 Points if possible just because it's got a ridiculous menu and the atmosphere is chill, but there are so many great options, trust me.
Con-wise, the CNN center is attached to the GWCC, go there for basic food during the con. Lots of options. Wear some comfy shoes if you can, since the GWCC is big and you're gonna do a lot of walking. Try not to buy figures in the dealer's room, since most of the sellers scalp prices. If you see something you like, check online and see what the going rate is first.
I don't know what day you're flying in, but I hope it's Wednesday or early Thursday? That's the best time to go pick your badge up. Drink lots of water; it gets hot and humid as fuck down here. Go to the aquarium, it's neat.
If you want any more info, feel free to ask a specific question and I'll try to help!
>>
Who's excited to be woken up by the fire alarm again?
>>
>>9007145
Shhhhh no Jinxing
>>
>>9007000
Cheers! Very excited.
>>
>>9005169
>surpassed awa's attendance levels
Yeah, because they used a turnstile method of counting attendance rather than badges present.

Either way, everyone in this thread is being dumb. If you hate it so much, just shut up and don't go. If you think it's worth white knighting so much, just shut up and go. Both sides are spouting misinformation like it's on sale. Just shut the hell up.
>>
>>9007145
yeaaaaahhh
Fire alarm here we gooooo
>>
I've got a free four day pass for the seagull that can host me. It was originally for my boyfriend but we broke up and he was gonna pay for our hotel room. I won't be able to drive either but I can give you some gas money. Drop me an email if you're interested.
>>
File: artist alley location.jpg (796 KB, 1840x3598) Image search: [Google]
artist alley location.jpg
796 KB, 1840x3598
Artist Alley map was just released. There may be some minor changes but I circled where my booth will be located. I apologize in advance for the huge file.

I'm pretty excited because I'm redesigning my display this year to make it look nicer and more professional.
>>
>>9008377
Are you hot?
>>
>>9008655
Too hot to allow myself to stay with someone that uses my physical appearance to judge whether or not they'll engage in an act of kindness.
>>
>>9008377
I'd help, but we already have six in a two bed room so we're pretty full D:
>>
>>9008704
Awwwe thanks for the thought, though! I asked my local comm and I'm gonna see if I can find someone to take my hobo loli ass in.
>>
>>9008710
If not, I'd consider it! You prob don't wanna room with a guy tho.

Guess I'll be staying with this stranger I met on Fb...
>>
last time I went to momo some homeless nigga sellin bottle water in the parkin lot for 99c, be on the lookout for that, mad respect to tha crackhead for startin a business when so many niggas lazy af these days lol
>>
>Momocon 2015
>cosplaying Linus from Shark Boy and Shark Girl
>nobody recognizes meh

I may have to buy a new costume for this year. Sigh... No good geek shit in ATL.
>>
>>9009117
>No good geek shit in ATL

?????

There's all kinds of good geek shit in Atlanta. You ever been to the Battle and Brew?
>>
>>9008698
Turn on the air conditioner then
>>
>>9009026
BITCH YOU DO NOT TALK DOWN TO 1 DOLLA ICE COLD WATAH MAN. THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU. HE IS LEGEND!
>>
>>9009225
Hey, he said "mad respect to tha crackhead."

But yeah, that guy was great. Highly recommend his water station if he's still there.
>>
>>9009140
>Battle and Brew
This place is the shit! Makes me wish I lived in GA.
>>
I'm going! It will probably be just myself and fiance..no cosplaying. I find the time of year for momocon to be kind of inconvenient for getting a costume together
>>
File: donteatdrugs.png (201 KB, 256x406) Image search: [Google]
donteatdrugs.png
201 KB, 256x406
>friend is getting married Momocon weekend
>going to con instead of wedding
>it's overseas and his bride is a bitch
>>
File: finger.gif (348 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
finger.gif
348 KB, 540x400
So, have we decided whether there'll be a seagull meetup?
>>
>>9013424
Hahaha, there definitely should be. I think Friday or Saturday would be best. What time do you guys think?
>>
>>9013424
;)
>>9013500
Im down saturday around 2 or 3 maybe
>>
>>9013500
>>9013563
I could do that.

Who else gonna lolita that day?
>>
>>9013590
everyone who matters
>>
>>9013424
Where should we meet?
>>
>>9008534
I'll check it out regardless, but what'll you be vending?
>>
>>9013601
basically
>>9013619
I dunno. Lobby of the Omni?
>>
>>9013590
>>9013601
I'm just gonna cosplay Saturday... Lolita Sunday.
>>
What's the bathroom situation at the con? I live in Washington, so may not come desu.
>>
>>9015449
What do you mean by "bathroom situation"? This is Georgia, not North Carolina.
>>
>>9015449
I was at Momocon last year, their bathrooms are just disgusting.

>Walks into stall
>Entire 7 inch turd curved over the side of the toilet seat
>nopenopenope
>>
>>9015449
It's the Georgia World Congress Center, which is accustomed to hosting a lot bigger deals than Momo, the bathroom situation was, is, and will be fine.
>>
I've never been to Momo before, but I want to drop by for a few hours over the weekend to take pictures since I'll be in town; Is it worth the price to get a badge for both days or will I find stuff to do outside of the badge required areas? I'll probably get one for Saturday to shop around, at least.
>>
>>9015449
It's probably not worth driving more than four hours honestly.

They have a unisex bathroom in addition to the normals.
>>
>>9010167
Some good places in nashville too.
Like the game cave and Green Dragon Public House.
>>
>>9013976
Saturday in the lobby, sounds good!
>>
Any seagulls still working on Cosplays? I'm done with one and 80% on another, just doing some repainting and making a holster for a blaster!
>>
>>9017868
Around 2 okay?
>>
>>9017866
How... How did you know I was in Nashville?

I went to Green Dragon once. It was fine. I've never been to one of their events, but I'll bet they're good.

My wife's son fucking loved it though. He sat in the corner reading Harry Potter for six hours.
>>
>>9017896
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>9018007
hahaha, i'm right down the road from the Green Dragon, honestly don't go often enough though!
>>
The game cave is a tabletop shop in hermitage. D&D and magic tourney's mostly.
>>
>>9009026

>my nigga

I bought his water for the hustle.

Going again this year senpai?
>>
Getting ready for con, kinda excited, first time volunteering for momo, they seem to really have their shit together this year tentatively from what i've seen, volunteers all have the Luna Lame-Bitch situation scorched into their retinas so we literally got customer service and sensitivity training and etc. to try and do better.

Kinda mad about that, not gonna lie.

Whose NOT gonna cosplay and is more into gaming and amv stuff?
>>
>>9018258
If you're in the Boro I don't suppose you're at MT?
>>
>>9018646
I am, super senior cramming four years into five haha. How about yourself?
>>
>>9018712
Just finished up freshman year, total Green Dragon Visits: 4, easily my favorite place to get food in town.
>>
>>9009140
technically that's outside of downtown Atlanta enough where if you go and have one too many drinks it's going to be an expensive uber ride back. Not great for people visiting and staying in hotels.

>>9018346
I'm not saying that attention whore didn't ham things up out of proportion, but it's not like certain staff members weren't being assholes. I think those guys needed the sensitivity training, I'm just sorry those who didn't had to suffer too.

Either way, it's good to hear Momo's is always trying to improve from the year before.
>>
>>9018756
I've been wanting to try Otaku Ramen downtown, probably be heading that way before the con!
ever been there?
>>
Always feel bad for people staying in hotels around Momocon this time if year since there a ton of graduations this week. They dont know what the hell is going on
>>
>>9018888
Have not been there, you'll have to let me know how it is. I'd offer to meet you there but I'm in metro ATL right now.
>>
>>9018964
Maybe another time!
I'm going to be here in the boro till thursday.
>>
>>9018771
This year will make my third year. I didn't have any real bad experiences, and I solo'd the cons mostly the other years. I wish people were friendlier and it was easy to connect and make friends, but that's why I started volunteering and because I have been for so long, I have some useful skills I'm sure they can put to use. (Also I kinda give a fuck about cons, I can't stand people that only complain and never give back, especially the whole LL crowd from last year).

Overall I just hope the con is fun and that I make friends, and I can *finally* meet Steve Blum after missing him several years (he didn't come 2 years in a row when he was supposed to)
>>
>>9019081

Also I forgot to mention they are having some good personalities I actually care about going, like ProJared and Total Biscuit, as well as having some developers from Guild Wars 2 present; I'm definitely super stoked for that seeing as I had played that franchise for 5000+ hours and have bought all their games and stuff.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/narrative-design-and-character-creation-at-momocon-2016/

As a serious detractor of the convention, I feel like they are on some kind of agenda with their schedule and the pandering kinda has me rubbed the wrong way. I looked at the schedule,
http://www.momocon.com/schedule/

"women in gaming"
"women in comics"
"women in martial arts"
"online trolling 1 & 2: electric boogaloo"
"con self defense"
"for the ladies"
"Video Game Character Believability" (this one is questionable)
"gamer2gamer4gurlz"
"Combating Online & IRL Harassment Vols. 1-4"

Not trying to be a bigot here, but....ahem. These all could get a bit of an SJW tint to them. Just saying.
>>
>>9019113
They're trying to make up for the thing that "totally happened" last year that none of the vendor's heard about and they hear everything if something goes down during con.
>>
Leaving for Momocon tomorrow night! So excited! Hopefully the hotel we're staying at has decent wifi so we can try to play a little Overwatch on our down time! I can't decide if I want to bring any of my cosplays or not...
>>
>>9019123

Yeah, I know. =(

But seriously, did they run out of ideas? What if some good panels were submitted but literally FOUR (4!!) online anti-harassment panels on different days?

That seems excessive.
>>
>>9018911
Oh man I remember now that SCAD Atlanta was having their graduation going down last year during the con. That'll be fun
>tfw i'll be at the con during my brother's high school graduation and i can't leave due to obligations
>he said it was cool and i teared up
>he's too good for me
>>
>>9019113
>>9019128
If you're going to complain about the panels, know that it's not really the con's fault. They take them based on submission and if they need the programming, they're gonna take what they can get. If you don't want to see similar panels, go submit one of your own. Honestly I'd take "women in ____" panels over ask-a-character panels.
And hey, you can always just...not go to those panels haha. No one is forcing you.
>>
>>9019159

I already talked to Jess about running panels next year on this exact point.

Lol.
>>
>>9019179
Good! glad that you're not just a run of the mill complainer who doesn't do anything haha.
>>
>>9019212

see:

>>9018346
and
>>9019081
>>
>>9018964
I don't want to post personal info on cgl, so i'll give ya this. Send a message to:
facebook /wingbreakerscosplay
sometime when you're back man!
>>
File: tomorape.jpg (160 KB, 708x468) Image search: [Google]
tomorape.jpg
160 KB, 708x468
I wanna go to this con so bad, but I'm afraid of the neighborhood.
>>
>>9019396
Avoid little five points alone at night and you're fine.
>>
>>9019396
I'm a native and it's not scary. Stay with a group of friends if you feel uncomfortable and want to go out during the night outside the con area.
>>
>>9019434
>Avoid five points at night
>five points at night
>Five nights
>Five nights at Freddy's
>>
I don't have a cosplay but I will be bringing my munchkin decks to dick around for a bit, been looking forward to this for a while. Just got back in GA after about 5 years out of state.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.