[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accidents in Brand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 20
File: questionmark.gif (983 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.gif
983 KB, 245x160
Have you ever done something or have something done to you that ruined your j-fashion outfit or cosplay by mistake?

My accident happened a few months ago

>Walking home from meeting up with some friends in lolita
>Waiting for the walk sign at a busy intersection with a bunch of other people
>Light turns and there's one car pulled more than half way past the crossing line
> I walk behind the car to get to the other side without getting hit by oncoming traffic
>The guy in the car decides to reverse as me and other pedestrians are walking
>Hits me full enough to make me trip
>I limp back up, the guy in the car didn't even acknowledge me, and people just looked at me open mouthed
>Make it to the other side and notice my tights are covered in greasy black oil and mud
>JSK has a black smudge near the bottom
>Walk back home trying not to cry
>>
>>8947828
didn't you get his liscence plate number? you could easily sue him for damages.
>>
>>8947828
Plz don't rustle my jimmies like that, anon.
>>
>>8947864
No, I was too frazzled at the time to think about it. I didn't sustain any serious injuries other than my scratches on my palm and knee. Thankfully I was able to get out the mark on my dress, but the tights were not salvageable.

>>8947867
That's messed, anon. Did you go to the hospital?
>>
>>8947908
Man, that sucks about the tights but thankfully you weren't hurt to badly and your dress cleaned up.
>>
Not Brand but:
>Go to a met
>All friends, will have a great time as ever
>A new girl will come
>oh great!
>is a friend of a friend
>finally she came
>you know: creepers, stripped socks, cheap tutu, pony shirt, 2 twintails and cat ears
>...ok
>we will deal with it, as we did before with other freaks
>but she's extremelly annoying
>so entitled desu
>we try to ignore her
>finally goes to our "leader" house
>she's the best mod and person ever (and her house is so big and beautiful...<3)
>she made macarons and sashimi for dinner (she's REALLY good at coocking, she even learn from some chefs) and some vegetarian option I can't remember
>ita chan saw sashimi and almos had a heart attack "so anime desu" "I eat SUSHI everyday!"
>She eat one
>She spits out without any shame or manners
>Leader have to clean the chewed sashimi out the floor
>Ita chan says that's not a good sushi, she eats it everyday and doesn't taste like this
>She goes out for a moment
>Comes with a MacDonalds (or burguer king, can't remember) meal and a pizza
>Starting being idiot again
>She have an slice of pizza in her hand
>Starting to imitate naruto attacks (???)
>Suddenly the slice of pizza slips out her hand
>lands on my dress
>I get livid
>Silence
>I try to quit it and cheese sticks in my dress like an spiderweb, while a piece of pepperoni falls
>Leader lost her shit
>She DEMANDS to the ita chan to pay for dry cleaning, and in case the stains don't dissapear get me the exact dress. Or at least pay for it.
>Suddenly she remembers her parents are waiting for her
>All my friends try to comfort me, one friend even wants to gift me her dress (same but in different color), and leader lend me another dress for use on the rest of the day.
>I cried, they tought it was for the dress, but really because I have so nice friends

Ita Chan never show up again, I left my stained dress on the Leader's house and she even pay for dry cleaning. Because she didn't want my money, I invite her to a good restaurant.
>>
Not in brand but:

>Wearing new Listen Flavor shirt that came in the mail
>Planning on going to friend's house
>Family drama starts unfolding
>great.jpg
>Won't let me leave when I need to
>Finally dad says he'll drive me over
>Crying because I'm shit with drama and yelling but agree
>Starts panicking because I'm so late
>Blood starts gushing from my nose, all over my shirt
>Just wonderful
>Now really panicking about drama, lateness, and blood everywhere
>Gets driven home
>Nose bleeds for another hour
>Goes out later to meet friends in different shirt

My own fault really. Still, I was terrified my shirt was going to get ruined with blood. At least I was able to tell my friends I was late because of a chronic nosebleed.
>>
I was wearing Lolita and carrying my lunch, which had Beetroot in it in a takeaway container. It leaked. Luckily all it did was get on my (meta) tote which was pink so I was able to get it mostly unnoticeable.
>>
>>8947828
If I saw that happening I'd go into rabid bitch mode! What a dick, and the people who just watched and did nothing are also dicks. I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
Had a Dr Pepper explode all over a Baby dress I was wearing once, luckily it didn't stain but it was only because I was on that shit with water and towels immediately
>>
>>8947966
>meta

wouldn't have been a loss even if it did get stained
>>
>>8947908
don't know why my post got deleted but yeah

for a month after I was still dizzy and nauseous but I got better eventually

but RIP brand
>>
Spilled red wine all down the front of my Sugary Carnival jsk. Thank the lord for Tide pens
>>
itt: the reason why I only wear jeans and solid color t-shirts
>>
>getting ready night before tea party
>while laying things out spill a bit of water on ticket
>no big deal
>at some point absentmindelay place ticket on dress
>red ink bleeds into white VM dress

I was able to wash it all out before the stain set but I was in 100% panic mode.
>>
>>8947995
my blood pressure rose just reading that
>>
>>8947935
Oh man, I get chronic nosebleeds too, especially in the fall for some reason. I'm so afraid of wrecking a brand piece this way.
>>
I thought my period was over.
>>
>>8947979
Rude.
Meta is a GOAT brand.
>>
>migraine hits on the way to tearoom meet
>vomit out car window
>air rushing by moving car whisks the sick away from me
>none gets on my Moitie
>phew
>clean up in restroom, take abortive medicine, scrub teeth, inspect brand
>everything seems fine
>medicine reduces discomfort
>determined to attend meet and fulfill my RSVP
>join meet late, everyone has already ordered and received food
>still nauseous but riding gentle medicine-induced high
>comm member offers me a sandwich square
>try to politely accept through medicinal haze
>fingers cannot coordinate
>drop it in my lap
>splotch of mayonnaisey sauce splatters across my brand at crotch level
>looks like semen despite my best cleansing efforts
>at least it's not vomit
>>
File: lolitacentipede.gif (585 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
lolitacentipede.gif
585 KB, 500x287
This thread makes me so freakin' nervous.
>>
>go for post meet drinks with awesome comm members
>get more drunk than I intended
>pour a jug of a cocktail over a girls chess chocolate and my own dream sky

if you see this I will be forever sorry, thank god you got the stains out
>>
>>8948031
>that gif
I like to think the blonde girl farted on the middle girl's face, essentially giving her a frilly dutch oven.
>>
>having drinks with friends in con room
>they have that Viniq stuff
>go to show me the glitter in it by turning the bottle on its side
>too drunk too realize the cap isn't on it
>sugary purple bullshit all over the front of my Baby JSK

Was able to get out the worst of it with towels and cold water, and washing it later got the rest of it, but I was close to tears. Thankfully it wasn't the red kind.
>>
File: SilentMoonPrintLongOPnew-1[1].jpg (23 KB, 341x455) Image search: [Google]
SilentMoonPrintLongOPnew-1[1].jpg
23 KB, 341x455
i've got a story for you guys.
>wear gothic usually
>almost all my wardrobe is 100% black
>black doesn't show stains so no fucks given
>be tall and looming so i attract a lot of attention(positive and negative)
>not usually as cautions as i notice my friends are in their pastels
>sometimes rush through puddles or lean against things that i probably shouldn't but don't notice unless others point it out
>suddenly pic related comes out
>fall for this beautiful whitexgold baby
>manage to snag the long version(it wasn't popular when it first came out
>when it arrives i try it on and feel one with the loliverse
>realize how careful i will have to be from now on any time i wear it
>everything, even bus seats could be deadly
>if only i could wrap it in plastic and still be able to wear it
>decide to brave the world and wear it to a meet in 2 weeks
>the meet arrives, coord is on fleek
>being dainty and cautious like a gothic ghost or something
>attention is off the charts
>even with my daunting height people are gawking at me
>feel almost embarrassed until i reach my friends
>walking through the city and some dumb chav type guy comes up and starts asking us questions
>questions turn into snide remarks
>becoming more and more annoyed with him i comment and start walking away
>get called a bitch
>turn around to see his can of soda coming towards me
ohshit.png
>somehow manage to dodge the entire thing
>not a drop of soda hits me
>however, before i realized what was happening blood, blood everywhere
>i punched this bitch right in the face
>basically broke his nose
>blood and snot are now on my dress
>he starts cussing and basically crying and calls the police
>luckily an older couple stays near to explain how he was pretty much harassing us and i was defending myself
>get off scott free
>as soon as possible i rush to the nearest dry cleaner to see if they can get the stains out
>luckily they are able to get them mostly out
still have some faded yellow spots on it to this day
>>
>on the toilet accidentally peed on my petticoat
>another time it was waist ties
>washed both immediately
>feel terrible still
>>
>>8947922
Your bad English is so cute, and so was the story <3 (sorry about the dress though!)
>>
>windy day
>I'm driving between meet locations because I need to transport some stuff
>long white dress gets caught in my car door from a random gust
>immediately try to wash some black stuff from the dress
>still one incredibly small stain remains
>but I'm too terrified to bleach it
>>
>Whenever I get a dress I usually keep it in the plastic or keep the long plastic to use for other dresses
>Get one of my wishlist pieces and place the dress in one of the plastic bags in my closet
>Time comes to finally wear it and I place the dress on my bed to plan for my coord
>Notice a red piece of something on the dress
>Pick it off and it leaves a smudge

I still have no idea how the red thing got on there or what it even was.
>>
>Halloween, so not in a full coord but wearing some brand items
>At my sister's party, mostly her friends so awkward and anxious me hits the alcohol to feel more comfortable
>Find a girl who lived in Japan for a while to talk to, she's super nice and I'm actually getting some flirty vibes from her so I get kind of nervous
>Drinking my last mixed drink for the night, dr pepper and rum
>Drunk and nervous me just flips it totally upside down and spills it all over my AatP otks
>Nice girl tries to use salt to clean it up (it worked on the carpet) but it doesn't really work, so now I'm covered in rum AND gritty salty bits
>Excuse myself and fall asleep in my sisters bed. Never hear from nice girl again but am able to use stain remover to get the rum and salt out.
>however, I permanently stained my sister's pillowcase because i feel asleep with gum in my mouth and drooled a bunch in my sleep
>i'm too old for this shit
>>
>>8948068
>>
I've told this one before but i figure it's a good cautionary tale

>decide to go to my first lolita tea party con event at a con about 4 hours away
>due to graveyard shift i have to leave my house the morning of the tea party at 5AM to get to there on time without missing work
>make it all the way to the con with no issues, fueled on coffee and protein bars.
>Get changed out of driving clothes and into millefleurs velveteen jsk.
> have a great time and meet some super sweet girls
>time to leave, I have work the next day so I can't stay over night.
>feeling so great that I decide to drive home in my coord
>I make it on to the highway with no problems
>Have to change lanes, look over my shoulder and notice some tightness in the bodice of my dress
>at this point i'm exhausted and grumpy, so instead of doing the smart thing and pulling over to get changed, I power through it
>have to change lanes again
>fight against the tightness and look over my shoulder again
>RIIPPP
>Refuse to stop driving, but keep trying to feel around to determine the extent of the damage
>finally pull over to get gas and pee and see that the seam attaching the bodice to the skirt has partially torn
>go into gas station bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, see my smudged makeup, frizzy hair, and torn dress and finally admit defeat

was able to sew it back up but it's just not the same. my first brand piece met such a dignified death due to my own stupidity. If you're going to drive in brand, especially older brand or something that is a little tight, LEAVE IT UNZIPPED.
>>
>>8948068
lol that fucking guy though. I never understand why people act like this - be dicks and then get all upset when someone is a dick back to them.
>>
>>8948092
lipstick perhaps? only red thing I can think of that would leave a smudge.
>>
This thread is the reason I'm terrified of wearing light colors and anything expensive oh my god. I'm a pretty careful person but I can sometimes be klutzy and seem to have chronic bad luck. So far I haven't had any disasters in my Lolita clothes but I only dress up about once a month on a day where nothing is going on so that's probably why.

Not Lolita, but lifestylish related maybe? I got a NWT $60 dress for $5 second hand. It's what you would call Lolita-esque I guess? It has a very maidenly vibe and would have made a good Lolita's nightgown. It was soft jersey and super comfortable and I was thrilled to get so lucky. Second time wearing it and we get invited to the neighbor's house for a get together and I was asked to help out at the food table and an old man accidently splashed me full of fruit juice. He didn't notice and I'm sure he would have felt terrible if he did so I tried to be inconspicuous. Thankfully all the stains came out just fine and there's not a trace of them. I guess it wouldn't have been too big of a deal if they didn't since it was only $5 and I could use it for a nightgown (I plan on doing that when it starts to get old) but it was such a lucky find and one of my favorite pieces of clothes I own right now that I would have still been upset.
>>
My house got flooded. I saw the water coming into my door so I hurriedly lifted all of the electronics and as much shit I could get off the floor but it was so much water and it was spilling in so fast, plus I was temporarily staying in a tiny room with all of my shit piled into closets really tightly. When I was sopping up all of the rain I was checking everything i owned for damage. I had some damage to the packaging of my anime figures, all of my books were ruined, but the biggest disaster was when I opened my orange vintage suitcase that I stored my brand in. All of my light dresses stained with orange shit. I fucking cried so hard. I threw that fucking piece of shit suitcase in the trash. The drycleaner wasn't able to do shit but I was able to get the stains out with only a little damage with carefully directed bleach. This was about a year ago and I have not worn lolita since. I don't know if I'll ever wear lolita again. My comm doesn't know what happened to me although I highly doubt anyone noticed I was missing desu because no one ever mentioned or messaged me after my disappearance.
>>
>>8947979
Take that back, sinner.
>>
>>8948068
This never happened.
>>
>>8948174
Oh I'm sorry. :( I think about how devastating a disaster like that would be all the time. I'm not into Lolita meets and comms and stuff but the fact nobody even messaged you when you vanished is really sad.

I actually am at a point where I don't know if I want to keep wearing Lolita or give it up, but it's for different reasons. However, thinking about expensive dresses being so easily ruined by daily life certainly doesn't feel encouraging.
>>
>>8948174
Florida?
>>
Not an accident but I somehow managed to cut it super close.

>be me
>on depo
>I haven't had a period in 2 months since I had the shit injected into me, not even any breakthrough bleeding, so figure I'm golden and won't bleed during the next two cons I have coming up
>Wears APH Japan cosplay to con
>Find out when I get home that my underwear is fucking wrecked beyond all repair but I managed not to get any to bleed through to the white pants I was wearing
>oh thank you Jesus Christ my lord and savior

I then proceeded to have a period that lasted roughly a month long.
>>
>>8948068
>>i punched this bitch right in the face
>>basically broke his nose

I love this story because of this right here. He earned that broken nose. But sorry about your dress.
>>
File: okay.gif (790 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
790 KB, 320x224
>Dress up a friend for a con because she always told me she could dress up if she had the cash
>We both look super cute, but I warn her to be careful with the dress because it is expensive
>Skip through the day and we end up at a restaurant for dinner for a quick meal
>She gets salad for dinner, and instead of any of the chosen dressing she gets balsamic and oil
>I know how this is going to turn out
>She promises she'll be careful
>After dinner we both notice the splash of balsamic and oil up the jsk
>She says it's barely noticeable and I cry silently

It was all good in the end since I got out the stain with oxiclean
>>
File: cat reaction.jpg (133 KB, 440x259) Image search: [Google]
cat reaction.jpg
133 KB, 440x259
A near miss but still terrifying.

>Doing laundry
>Most of my dresses are machine washable
>Have AP OP laying out, ready to go in the laundry bag
>See my cat approach
>Cat has IBS
>Cat jumps up next to dress
>Force of the landing makes him projectile shart
>Less than a centimeter away from my brand
>Mfw
>>
>>8948068
> reads story
> immediately thinks of that one scene in Kamikaze Girls
>>
>>8948241
Your friend is a shitty for dismissing the stains like that. Did she at least apologize or offer to make it up to you?
>>
>moving
>several dresses stacked and wrapped up in a comforter to keep them safe (ran out of boxes)
>husband grabs them all stupid
>"Don't just pick those up by the end! Hold them like a baby!"
>He yells back "I am!"
>literally as he's yelling clothes start spilling out of the blanket (because he's just holding it by the bottom of the dresses and NOT LIKE A BABY) and fall into a slush puddle on the ground
>says he "didn't notice anything falling"
Only 2 blouses ended up stained but they were pretty fucked. He still denies he dropped anything. I know moving is stressful but come on don't ruin my shit.
>>
>>8948241
>>8948378
this is why i don't let other people touch my brand
>>
File: 20151221_200806.jpg (32 KB, 140x202) Image search: [Google]
20151221_200806.jpg
32 KB, 140x202
I've told this story before but let's tell it again.

>wear pic related
>if you can't tell that's Btssb's Halloween Alice Jsk
>spill coffee on it
>nbd it'll wash right out
>laundry day rolls around
>reach for the stain remover
>give dress liberal spritzing
>immediate smell of bleach
>print disappears before my eyes
>so do my dreams

Turns out about a week or so earlier dad noticed some mold on the bathroom ceiling so emptied the stain remover bottle and filled it with bleach so he could spray it, then without telling anyone put the bottle back in the laundry.

I cried for like 2 days straight.
>>
>after class on a rainy day
>baby jsk is getting wet but nbd it's just water, it's not gonna do anything to it
>slide into new car
>new as in used but bought a week prior
>notice large strip of dirt or mud or whatever on the skirt of the dress
>holy shit fuck what happened oh god my dress
>turns out the steering wheel really needed to be cleaned and the rain water made that much more prominent
I threw the dress into the washing machine as soon as I got home and, fortunately, no dirt remains. I've also cleaned the steering wheel so that this doesn't happen again.
>>
>>8948411
I am so sorry for your loss, friend.
>>
On new years eve a couple of years ago my friends threw her drink at the bartender and then he took a candle and threw the wax on her(don't worry, she's okay now. Though girl). Anyways some of it got on my Moitie Chandelier JSK. I couldn't get all of it out and still find small chunks.
>>
>>8947828
Anon, please go see a doctor and get a physical.
The price of the check is worth it compared to your potential medical bills down the road.
My mam didn't get immediately checked up on after a low speed collision, and her leg is still fucked up 15 years later. If he had enough momentum to knock you down, he could have done worse to you.
>>
>>8948055
Take your weird fetishes elsewhere hentaichan.
>>
Not me, but a comm member.

>Simple lunch meet
>everyone brings share food, cheese, dips, pâté , crackers, etc
>everyone eating
>sudden 'oh my god'
>girl has dropped her cracker and there's a huge lump of pâté just on the rise of her JSK
>I tell her not to touch it
>'karate chop' below the pâté
>poof of her petti works like two kids on a trampoline
>it flies off in one solid chunk and lands a few feet away
>celebrated

I really should have actually checked that no one was standing in its path, but it came off super easily. If she'd have wiped it, all the fat and grease probably would have stained her dress and, as a messy eater in normie clothes, I've learned that there are a surprising amount of things that will fly off if you make the fabric taut suddenly.
>>
>first brand dress
>too fat for it
>dumb ita brain doesn't care and forces it on anyway
>"Neat! I can get it on"
>take it off
>whole fucking seam on the side splits open
>cry

Serves me right.
>>
itt: the reason why, even if I was a woman, I would still only wear solid color t-shirts and jeans
>>
>>8948477
Sort of similar I guess??
>new ap dress comes in the mail, put it on immediately
>my first dress with shirring and lacing up the back, I pull it together too tightly
>later in the day bend over to pick something up
>"RIP"
>later find out the ribbon loops through lace, one if the loops is completely ripped from the dress
>too embarrassed to wear it, too embarrassed to sell it
>have no idea how to repair it

The poor dress has been sitting in my closet for over a year now.
>>
>>8948495
I'll take it off your hands anon.
>>
>>8948474
You are the hero we all need.
>>
>>8948456
seconding this, my Mum has sciatica problems now thanks to a low speed collision and can't walk or stand for long periods of time now.
>>
>>8948495
I have a similar problem with one of my dresses.
>Tried to squeeze into a dress too small when I was new
>put it on
>nope.jpg
>there are two bits of ribbon lacing on the front and one of them pops
>it's just one thread holding them on that had been tied into a knot between the dress and the lining and the thread pulled through the knot so it isn't massively damaged
>still want to fix it so it's invisible
>no idea how because lining
>>
>>8948488
if you were a woman society would pressure you to look good and if you wanted to be a jeans and t-shirt butch good luck senpai
>>
>>8948569
Why has this guy not been banned already?
>>
>>8948495
AP does the ribbon through lace thing? I thought that was just some cheapo bodyline thing. All my AP dresses are looped through sewn in loops made out of the same fabric of the dress.
>>
>>8947991
Do you also walk everywhere to avoid car accidents?
>>
File: engineers at work.gif (195 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
engineers at work.gif
195 KB, 400x225
You know, reading all these "and then it ripped" stories as a guy in engineering school makes me think these dress designers just faff about with the outside styling and completely forget to make the undercarriage of the clothes solid enough to survive basic wear and tear. I mean, I recently spent 80 bucks on a pair of jeans; not because they were any fancy brand but because they were kevlar-reinforced motorcycle jeans with sewn in pockets for shock absorber armor pads. It had double strengthened safety seams all over and everything. Build quality A+. For the kind of prices this brand stuff goes they should really up the strength.
>>
>>8947922
This was so cute minus the ita. You are so cute. I can't deal.

I'm getting feels and I wish that I was in your comm.
>>
>>8948655
>as a guy in engineering school
>hey guys male here btw
fuck off
>>
>>8948662
The emphasis is more on engineering school, because longevity and build quality of machines while keeping costs during production down is pretty much all I'm about.
>>
>>8948655
Anon, there's a real difference between basic wear and tear and wearing things that are too tight for you.

Sadly a lot of lolitas fall into the trap of 'if it zips it fits' which frankly is not the case. If you wear things that are too tight for you the fabric strains and so do the seams and everything just gets really stretched out. Frankly, the dress is not designed for all sizes so when they are making their dresses their not thinking, but oh what if someone who is 3 sizes too big wants to wear this, how will it hold up!
>>
>>8948674
frick typo. Sorry *they're
>>
>>8948618
Maybe it's older? I have an oldschool btssb bolero with ribbons through the eyelets, though the eyelets are knitted into the fabric.
>>
File: armored pants.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
armored pants.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>8948674
Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. While I was buying those armored pants I tried on a few that were some sizes too small and the jeans just told me "no"; the fabric didn't give for shit and I couldn't even sit down properly without constricting blood flow to my legs, so I had to move up to larger sizes. The way too small ones didn't even let me pull them up over my thighs.

Granted, that's because the fabric is supposed to survive falling off a motorbike at 50mph and dragging your ass over the asphalt for at least 50 yards without sanding the skin off your entire body. But, you know. I'm probably looking at this from the wrong angle.

Pic related btw. Pretty inconspicious for how well-armored it is.
>>
>>8948655
I'll bite: We're talking about frilly dresses that are usually worn for their aesthetic, as a fashion statement, not for their practicality. Lolita clothes are high quality but they don't feature reinforced seams or shock absorbing armor pads (amazing though that would be) because they're not made to endure a lot of abuse, they're meant to last through daily wear and be pretty. That's it. Having said that, you'll notice that many of these wear-and-tear stories are about people forcibly wearing ill fitting clothes, or old dresses that weren't bought new and must have had some wear to them already.
>>
>>8948195
Half the posts in this thread never happened
>>
>>8948655
You and your hideous jeans can fuck off
>>
>>8948443
How do you even get a steering wheel dirty like this?
>>
Tiny horror story

>decide to wear lolita to university one day
>quite often get sudden bowel problems
>suddenly, diarrhea attack
>rush to toilet, quickly cover it with toilet paper and try to lift petticoat and dress as high as I can, basically rolling the petti over the dress
>let loose and use almost a whole toilet paper roll to clean myself
>get home later
>immediately change into comfy clothes and inspect dress
>notice two tiny brown dots on inner petticoat tier
>throw in washing machine and cry in bed because I feel so ashamed

Ever since, I try to go to the toilet before I dress in lolita and don't eat much while wearing it, so I wouldn't need to go to the toilet at all.
>>
>>8948707
I've always found going to bathroom in cosplay ruins the fantasy for me a bit, so I try to do the same, even though I don't have any particular stomach issues.
>>
>>8948618
Baby is very guilty of doing this
>>
>>8948707
I feel this so bad anon. I have had some serious bowel issues the last year. Nothing has helped, cannot even find the cause but I have not worn lolita since. Too scared. It is depressing but that is how it has to be, for now at least.
>>
>At the the mall just hanging out with a few friends
>Not wearing anything particularly ott, but I guess my skirt was pretty foofy?
>We're looking at phone cases at one of the little kiosks and suddenly this little girl comes hurdling towards me
>Before any of us can even process what the fuck is happening she has her face smothered up against my skirt
>What the fuuuck
>I'm being straddled by a child
>None of us want to manhandle this kid, so I just awkwardly laugh (I'm still trying to fucking comprehend just what the hell is happening) and politely tell her its not nice to jump on people and try to shimmy out of her clutches
>She's just holding onto my legs very tightly, jumping up and down and shrieking in some language I don't understand
>Here someone should "HEY" from behind
>What I assume is this child's mother violently tugs her off and smacks her upside the head then gives me a quick sorry before dragging her away
>Well ok then
>One friend notices weird, wet brownish blotches on my skirt
>It's chocolate
>There's chocolate finger prints and what I can only assume to be saliva on my goddamn day dream carnival skirt
Thankfully the chocolate washed out, but christ almighty. Is it common for parents to just let there kids literally run wild like this? I've never, ever had anything like this happen to me.
>>
>>8948824
>Smacks her upside the head.

Terrible parents are usually the ones letting their kids run around, yeah.
>>
>>8948824
>Is it common for parents to just let there kids literally run wild like this?
Kids just get away from you sometimes even if you're generally vigilant, sucks it happened, though.
>>
>>8948824
>Here someone should
Oy vey
*Hear somebody shout
>>
>>8948830
What would you have her do, give the kid a lolly and say 'good job'? Some kids don't listen to their parents, my brother got the wooden spoon more times than I can count but that's because he's always had trouble with authority while the rest of us listened.
>>
>>8948618
Have you never seen a Baby/AatP dress before?
>>
>>8948837
>implying if a parent will hit their kid in public they're not 10x worse in private, either physically, mentally or emotionally or all three of the above
>>
>>8947935
>>8948005
Chronic nosebleeds? Shove a finger up your nose that is coated with vaseline. Rub that finger around until your nostril is nice and lubed up. Sounds gross, but it works and it'll save your burando.

<3
>>
>>8948839
I hate this about Baby and AaTP dresses. Half the time I'll get a dress secondhand and the lace will be damaged because of this.
>>
My mom spilled sauce on one of my rarest dresses. It was mainly tomato and olive oil so I couldn't get it out. Even tough it's not red anymore you can still see where the stains were. She was sorry but she also thinks I shouldn't wear something if it's such a big deal if it gets dirty.
>>
>>8947935
Reminds me of when I bought my little sister a Bodyline dress for her birthday and she had a nosebleed at a con all over it. She fortunately got her nose cauterised the following week and hasn't had any major nosebleeds since.
>>
>>8948618
I can't say all brands do this 'cause idk but innocent world, baby, aatp, mam and ap all do this. And I love how it looks.
>>
>>8948900

Dilute some fairy liquid or dish soap and clean it with that; it should dissolve any oil stains.
>>
>>8948909
I dunno, every AP dress I've ever owned has had fabric loops. It's stupid the other way, the lace gets pulled and wrecked.
>>
>>8948499
I've never sold online before anon, sorry

>>8948618
>>8948676
Its the first release country of sweets op, so not that old but old enough I guess
>>
itt: the reason why I have one nice brand dress and the rest are replicas and bodyline. I am honestly so fucking clumsy
>>
>went to convention in fully white lolita coord
>saw friend & she's in armor cosplay
>she's really excited & we hang out throughout the event
>she hugged me in quite a few occasions
>after event, was going home & then boyfriend saw a black stain on my dress
>I inspect further & to my horror there's multiple black stains on the dress

The aftermath:
>frantically tries to clean them off, somehow managed to remove them but yeah, not happy about it
>at that point did not relate the incident to friend
>was talking to her about cosplay, she mentioned that she highlight her armor details in black & she did not have time to seal the armor with lacquer
>>
>>8948241
This is way I don't borrow others my brand. Not even my very best friend can wear my brand because if anything happened, even if it wasn't her fault, we'd both feel awful.
>>
>>8948707
>>8948794
Well if this was anything other than lolita, people might actually suggest you could find peace of mind wearing discrete, thin adult diapers. But of course in this crowd such a suggestion will get one insta-labeled as an ageplay fetishist--so better to stress out about it and change your eating habits on the days you wear it, or just abandon it all together. Nothing like letting your bowels rule your life.
>>
>>8949306
why the shitty attitude, anon
>>
>>8949317
Because I was going to suggest it, then worried that everyone would jump on it like I must be some weird ageplayer. I personally don't find IBS sexy at all, but I guess it got me rankled thinking someone would even believe that I did. So I suggested it while also preemptively telling anyone who was about to go on about it to bite it. Figures that would get me in just as much trouble...

But..."shitty attitude..." iswydt
>>
>>8948092
If it helps prevent this again, you can buy or make white muslin or cotton garment bags super easy and cheap and then you can toss them through the washer between dresses so nothing like that can transfer. Just a long pillowcase shape with a 2 inch slit at the top for the hanger and maybe a zipper down the side if you wanna make it really easy to use.
>>
>>8948495
Can you take a picture of the damage, anon? Depending on what kind of lace/loop situation is going on, I might know how to fix it.
>>
>>8948688
>But, you know. I'm probably looking at this from the wrong angle.
You are. You're talking two completely different categories of clothing here.

Think of your jeans as a heavy duty steel coffee pot for camping/outdoors use, and a lolita dress as a hand painted fine china teapot with little three dimensional flowers on it. The coffee pot is meant to be placed directly into a campfire's coals and won't melt, won't dent, won't rust, and can be easily cleaned and tossed into the back of a truck. Lets say it costs as much as your jeans for simplicity, and its worth that because of the materials used, but its mostly machine made along an assembly line so they can make many of them in one day.

The fancy teapot though, its meant to be used only for certain occasions and otherwise kept protected on a shelf. It isn't even really used for making the tea, the water is boiled in a separate kettle and then poured in along with the tea leaves. Its meant to be lovely to look at and do its one simple job well, when properly taken care of. If you are too rough it will chip. Its value though, lets say is about $200, because its been individually hand painted and gilded and had those tiny roses sculpted out and stuck on one by one before being kiln baked. There's more time that went into its construction and more expensive materials, and as long as its *properly* used it will hold up for years.
>>
>>8948704
A lot of people don't think about how actually dirty their hands are, or how small amounts of dirt accumulate. A person might wash their car and vacuum the seats every now and then, but they might not even think to take a magic eraser to the steering wheel itself, especially if its a darker colored interior. I know my boyfriend's car was fucking horrible because he had it for 10 years and just never really thought about scrubbing the steering wheel or gear shift because they didn't look dirty.
>>
>>8948824
A lot of parents where I live let their small children walk/run on their own and it always gives me a panic attack. I'm all for not helicopter-parenting but jesus, if you're at a crowded public place like a mall and you're distracted by shopping, hold their hand. I've seen still-diapered toddlers wander right out of stores and into other ones while their parents were in line because "my child needs their independence!"
>>
>>8948068
Those stains are Battlescars anon
>>
>Get Chocolate Quartet in the mail
>Try on straight away
>One strap button flies off
>No problem, I can sew
>Tries on again after fixing
>Other button comes off
> WhyMe.jpg

I later decided to properly coord it and wear it out

>At theatre
>stand up not realising the chair I'm sat on is hungry for brand
>feel gently tug at skirt but presume nothing
>Sudden feeling of space around my stomach
>One of the front buttons I presumed was decorational fell off
>Button was holding the dress together
>Gaping hole in my brand

to this day I haven't fixed it
>>
File: 1445208301007.jpg (17 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
1445208301007.jpg
17 KB, 420x418
>>8948068
Defending the pride of a loli
>>
>>8949306
Not the worst idea, but the thought of letting some of the excrements in my 'diaper' while I go on about my day (at leat until I'm home) creeps me out the most.
There is no real solution to it, only to find a way to treat it.
>>
>>8949502
srsly, buttons on brand simply are really loose sometimes. I had a blouse where every button fell off at some point, because the string was so easily torn.
>>
>>8950410
>loli
Stop.
>>
File: 20160407_134200.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160407_134200.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>8949427
I hope this pic is good enough!
>>
I have worn my Vampire Requiem to bars, smoked in it several times and even took it with me for 4 days of Amsterdam hedonism, but no harm came to it until I took it to my boyfriend's house.

I was attending a event the next day so put it in his closet; after ONE DAY there was a mold spot on the front bow and the waist ties caught on a nail in the back, removing a button and leaving a large pull in the fabric. We try really hard to heat and ventilate that room but stainless steel corrodes in there. His Surface Pro tablet pen has holes all over it and his knife collection is all tarnished despite coating them properly; I should have known better. After seeing my dress, he checked his nice suit to find it covered in black mold.

At least I wasn't ever planning to sell it.
>>
>>8948454
Shitty, but least the wax is thematically relevant
>>
I went to a wedding in Haenuli's Swan Lake in Ivory. There was a dog running around that had cut its mouth on a stick and it splattered blood all over the hem and lace. It came out ok with handwash in the toilets and the dog was ok too.
>>
>just discovered lolita
>bought a F+F white skirt online to ease myself into the fashion
>wear it for christmas with my family
>everyone likes it, everything is going fine
>had rescued two kittens about a week before christmas
>give them their first collars, panic ensues
>kung fu kittens flying around the room, one lands in the fireplace
>she bolts out and makes a bee line for me covered in soot
>jumps into my chest still freaking out
>black everywhere, on the floor, on me, on the skirt
RIP first skirt you will be missed, it's hanging in my closet with the soot imbedded into it.
>>
>>8947922
aw, i'm so sorry that happened anon... you seem really nice :(
I hope you two had a nice time at the restaurant!
>>
File: 1453094189692.png (388 KB, 907x727) Image search: [Google]
1453094189692.png
388 KB, 907x727
>>8950777
>handwash in the toilets
>>
>>8951309
pretty sure anon meant "soap from the washrooms" in awkward english
>>
>>8950700
Someone who can embroider might be able to back it with a bit of interfacing and buttonhole stitch over it. You'd be able to spot it when you're actually holding it in your hands and looking, but it would be solid again and odds are no one would notice in pictures or at a meetup.
>>
>>8950700
For me, this is a 10 minute quick fix, it will be slightly visible if you know what you're looking for, personally I don't care about so small mendings being visible. Sorry for absolutely horrible English:

Use matching thread and sew back the part inbetween the two loops to where it was attached, make sure it's throughly fastened.

Use the same thread and slowly "sew back" those outsticking parts of the torn loop to where they belong. Continue making stitches all over the torn part of the lace to make it stronger.
>>
>>8948243
put the animal down
>>
>>8948655
>bragging about spending $80 on jeans
fucking plebians
>>
>>8948007
deets
>>
>>8952173
>>8952184
>>8952353
Gtfo with your samefag bullshit.
>>
>>8951309
Where I live we call the entire stall including the sink a 'toilet'.
>>
>>8948655
What brand of jeans were they? I'm getting a moped and I want to be well protected
>>
>>8950781
F+F, you mean Florence and Fred?
>>
>>8950777
>wearing white to a wedding tho
Karma?
>>
>>8955026
I think they mean Fan+Friend
>>
I have so many stories.

>receive first secondhand dress for super cheap on LM
>feel like a beautiful princess when I try it on
>hang it in the closet to prevent cat from accessing it
>later: notice the closet door cracked open
>ohno.jpg
>look at dress carefully, little claw punctures all over it

The claw marks aren't noticeable when it's worn--they are incredibly tiny--but I know.

I don't know what to do with the dress anymore because it's pretty big on me anyway (I have to corset the fuck out of it for it to fit). Almost want to just give it away.
>>
>>8950745
As soon as mold was mentioned I instantly thought UK, never been to another country where indoor moisture is fucking everywhere
>>
>>8948839
Nope. I'm a lone lolita and only wear AP.
>>
>>8950745
That doesn't sound healthy at all.
>>
>>8948411
your father is a cun¿
>>
>>8955238
Finland
>>
File: yBsYUdB.png (275 KB, 499x746) Image search: [Google]
yBsYUdB.png
275 KB, 499x746
>>8947828
Not brand but

>wear ichimatsu hoodie with your everyday clothing since it looks pretty normal faggish
>be also on your period
>wanted to try something 'different' so I get those diva cup things
>feel pretty confident in them although I need to wear a panty liner every time because it always leaks
>Back track to two days ago
>Having trouble getting it out
>End up yanking it out, not only hurting me but flinging blood everywhere
>Gets blood all over the sleeves
>stains aren't coming out
Well, time to go kill myself
>>
>>8955379
OxiClean? They practically market that shit for getting out anything.
>>
>>8955379
hydrogen peroxide is your friend when it comes to blood stains! I learned this from a school nurse when I got a surprise period on a field trip.
>>
I'm usually pretty good about avoiding stains, and most of my pieces aren't terribly precious, but a few accidents have happened here and there.

>it's summer
>shave legs
>somehow didn't realize that I had cut myself until I was done.
>thought it'd be a great idea to wear my white lolita skirt

Fortunately, it got on the lining fabric and I managed to get most of it off.

>on family vacation
>in a rush to get back home
>have a red AP cutsew with white polkadots
>mom threw it in the wash w/everyone else's laundry
>white polkadots become pink polkadots

And this is why I don't trust anyone else with my clothes.

>>8948071
Been there.
>>
>>8955419
Not jfash related, but I do this all the damn time. Didn't realize that I'd given myself the world's tiniest nick behind my knee until an hour later when my boyfriend noticed a trail of dried blood running down the back of my leg.
>>
>>8950745
I lived in an apartment that was riddled with black mold.
It was so bad we got those black flies that eat the mold, they breed constantly and you'll find them on you right before they are about to bite. It was a horrible experience. Pretty sure I developed a health condition in that last month. I was near delirious if I stayed in the house too long. It took waking from a really horrible nightmare to realize I was still in it. reminds me now of Z nation'c Citizen Z episode where he's slowly suffocating from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
>>
>>8949450
>>8948704
>>8948443
>/o/ here
I never really considered not cleaning the steering wheel
I mean, when I clean the dash and such with, for instance, armor all, I wipe the wheel and everything else as well.. i-is that not a thing normally?
I can't imagine how dirty that'd be, damn
>>
>>8947922
>>I cried, they tought it was for the dress, but really because I have so nice friends
>>
File: world17j.jpg (36 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
world17j.jpg
36 KB, 500x379
I didn't "ruin" anything exactly but...

>3-ish years ago
>proudly displaying my lavender day dream carnival coordinate in my room
>keep it ominously close next to my vanity where I do my makeup
>think nothing of the distance though, what could happen?
>one afternoon
>applying makeup and eyeliner
>just got done applying falsies
>notice my upper lines need a sharper touchup
>attack it with some liquid eyeliner
>I accidentally hit my falsie
>the falsie flicks away from my liner brush
>little droplets of black doom spatter
>spatters a foot or so away onto my precious coordinate
>get black dots on my white pony bag and a little on the inner fabric of the waist tie
>PANIC.jpg
>decide against trying to rub or wet it off out of fear that the black will smudge
>wait for droplets on pony to dry
>carefully shear away the soiled fur
>it isn't noticeable
>no idea how to get eyeliner dot off of waist tie
>put burando far away from makeup from that moment onward

To this day I have no idea what I should do about that waist tie dot. It's probably a permanent stain by now..
>>
>>8950777
I hate peoples' mutts.

>Thanksgiving two years ago
>I drove three hours away to have dinner with bf's scummy, white trash mother only to be turned away bc she didn't like his "tone" the last time they talked on the phone
>have to drive all the way back home
>text everyone in my family because holy shit the holiday is ruined for me
>bf and I are invited to my aunt's home for Thanksgiving dinner with her side of the family
>wearing holiday j-fashion with cute tights and kneesocks
>think nothing of it
>arrive
>aunt's mother has a bunch of ill-mannered, untrained chihuahuas
>they know who I am but jump on me and attack me anyway
>their claws are untrimmed
>claws rip through my brand new tights
>I'm already really pissed off
>"LOL AREN'T THE CHICHI'S SO ADORBS? THEY'RE SO NAUGHTY XD"
>nobody acknowledges my aggravation
>they barely pay attention to me and bf at all
>have to deal with mutts jumping, pushing, drooling, and begging at our legs the entire time
>I'm completely put off from my meal
>aunt's family feeds those little fucks turkey from the fucking table while everyone is eating
>>
>>8955445
I usually get the back of my ankle. I don't understand how but those tiny cuts bleed like someone severed an artery. Stained a pair of socks or two like that.
>>
>>8955419
Had the same thing happen with my Fantastic Dolly in red when I still lived with my mother. I was able to get the pink dots white again though.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Not brand but damn it was new!
>>
>got super heavy period
>while wearing shiro
>in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>8957933
Liar liar pants on fire
>>
>>8957938
>post stuff in three threads
>get called a liar in all three
>actually serious
>mfw

seriously please tell me what about me sounds like I'm lying because I really don't get it.
>>
>>8957946
I guess it's just too much of a coincidence and a pretty 'clichée' thing to happen, y'know, period on white stuff. You would think a person who knows she'll get her period soon won't wear risky clothes. But I know from experience that some girls have the most unpredictable periods.
>>
>>8956609
Girl, seriously?
Wash your fucking clothes.
>>
>>8958668
I've washed the dress. I don't wear the waist ties so they sit in a box in my closet.
Yes, seriously.
>>
>>8958699
Do you see my obvious response?
Wash your fucking waist ties, damn.
>>
>>8958708
>wash the waist ties that you don't wear and potentially make the dot even worse
Sounds like terrible advice from the same kind of terrible idiot who thought I don't wash my dresses. :^)
>>
>>8957926
>what happened?
>read filename
sorry that happened
>>
>>8958713
Show belly button and go to bed.
>>
File: fUCK.png (7 KB, 620x460) Image search: [Google]
fUCK.png
7 KB, 620x460
>get Holy Lantern
>put it on dressform to do some coord planning
>bf wants to see it on me
>lol okay
>yank that shit over my head and my bigass shoulders
>I forgot to untie the waist ties
>>
>>8948092
Don't leave your dresses in plastic. Moisture gets trapped as mildew no matter how dry the climate and can damage it.
>>
>bought a blouse from an IRL lolita "friend"
>she listed it on lacemarket initially so I bought it there, paid with paypal, and she gave it to me when I saw her
>upon getting home, realize there is a noticeable brown stain right on the front in the middle of the chest
>listing said perfect condition with no stains
>mf
>>
>>8960354
Are breathable suit bags with plastic alright?
>>
>>8960386
Honestly I wouldn't. A breathable suit bag is a lot better, sure, but better for just traveling. You still run a risk with moisture damage (mainly in the mildew sense as I mentioned).

As long as your closet is safe (no chance of weird odors/pests/other damaging factors) you shouldn't need to store them in a suit bag either. I put all my lolita dresses next to each other and then put two regular "safe" (clean, no weird textures or possible snagging elements) dresses on the two ends. Never had any problems.
>>
>>8960408
Hm. I'll have too keep this in mind and find a better solution.
I share a tiny closet with my boyfriend, and I can't always trust his clothes.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.