[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spring it con
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5
So, spring it has ended its first edition. What are your thoughts? havent seen many comments in facebook.
>>
In my opinion it was actually pretty good.
For the first edition it obviously had some problems, for example, didnt had many artists there, or many stuff going on, but they had alot of organization and everyone was really happy there.
Something I liked, is that they had alot of food, and i heard cosplayers from the contest and judges, and volunteers had free pizza which for me was a really good thing.
Was a really soft event, with alot of potential to grow and be a really good event.
>>
Everything was finr but there was a group of volunteers that were quite noisy. I have some problems with lousy voice.
>>
Didn't like the venue at all, specially the place where the maid café was at. Sinister, gross looking and right next to a bathroom. A lot of things, including the stage which was awfully tiny for a competition and dance performances, where full of duck tape. Not a very nice sight if you ask me.
Also, for an event that advertises a BBQ as sort of an after activity mixed with dinner, it ended quite early and I personally was yelled the hell out by a volunteer who wanted the line of people who were leaving the event during a lot of rain to move faster (I believe everyone was quite surprised we were being kicked out so early and with weather you couldnt be out for 5 seconds without getting soaked, plus I was at the end of the line, not much I could do)
I only attended Saturday, so I was quite baffled when I saw such an ironic panel as that "How to make a good con" or whatever considering the only good thing were the panels imo.
>>
I went and it was awesome! That group of volunteers, making noise were some awesome girl I loved to meet! Really amazing and super fun.
The space was small but everything was in the right place, we could move around freely.
Yes, the offered food to the volunteers and some artists, shops and other helpers from the event, I think that is really awesome. Great sponsors.
But if you have something to say, why saying it here and not in the event page? Anonymously everybody talks, how nice of you guys :)
And there was a panel called "how not to make a convention" where you guys could express your opinion, and I didn't hear nothing of this there, just saying. So yeah it's all.

I'm posting this in anonymous, 'cause I've said what I had to say during the last panel in public ;)
>>
>>8947742

True story.

cant understand why so many people talk godly of the event, but if you see carefully only people with booths or guests talked good of the event. Why? Becauase they were ass licked by them. thats why they enjoyed the event. Did you see a visitor comenting good? No, because there was nothing to enjoy. the event had nothing to offer, nothing worthy of my time wich unfortunatly I bought the 2 days ticket because I wanted to give this event a try (worst 7 euros of my life). And the fact that I was expeled from the event to the cold rain outside?

Come on...

I loved the "how not to make a convention" panel. It was like "see what we've done? Dont do it"
>>
Why is it always so hard to use the fucking catalog >>8943338
>>
>>8947934
noone cared about that one, leave people be on this one you jealous fag
>>
the event was kinda empty, so I guess everyone made a good call.
>>
>>8947984
I'd say so.
I'm not attending next year unless they change the venue, that place was nasty
>>
>>8947942
Jealous about what? You guys are just making duplicated threads for nothing and shitting up the board. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>8948540
You re not adding nothing to the conversation, so you re the one shitting here
>>
>>8948693
Of course I am, I just want these pointless threads to get deleted soon.
>>
>>8948695
Look at me, I could be ignoring the thread so it could die sooner, but no, I'm feeding it because I suck at life.

Pretty much, you.
>>
Its true that the only ones who liked the events are the ones with asses licked, like Kawatta(the worst videographer ever), Krana, an autistic fellow and such others. I dont see anyone else saying any good of the event.

Plus, if they say that more events should be like this, they're only saying that events should like everyone with a booth's ass.

Remember folks, the events are for the clientes, the ones who pay for the tickets, not for your own stupid egos
>>
I bet there is people from anicomics here. They always like to make the drama
>>
>>8949352
Because we say the truth?
>>
Because you think your event is the best in the world. ROFL.

I mean, everyone knows it is boring as fuck, but its okay, newbies will still go there.

the 5000 euros you wasted in the previews will be worth it now.

lel
>>
For their first time it was pretty good. At least they ask for people's opinions to improve on.

Not like every portuguese con that shits on they fanbase and dont care about their opinion. Anicomics/Mario Freitas comes to mind.
>>
Atleast they didnt called to people who dont have money and still want to meet their friends:

" parasitas ". Plz dude. Your event sucks. Went there like 5 years and it was a stupid crap, always the same, i only went there for some people and to watch the cosplay contest. enough for me now.
>>
>>8949376
I think its very good that they asked for opinions, what's bothering me is the people who had something to do with the organization are blind to all mistakes and faults the event had.
>>
at least anicomics has people. Your event was so good that had what, 200 people?
>>
I would like to know how they choose the panelists for the cosplays workshop.

Sakura doesnt know anything about history of cosplay.
Misato is just an old person, it doesnt make her wise
Angelica is a new person, who is she?
And Sam Amano? Just because she won a Raffle to WCS doesnt make her knowledgeble too
>>
its not true at all, during the last panel, alot of "clients" went to the mike to say that they like the event and also to sugest things to improve, i didnt saw ass licking to people in booths, i saw for myself. good people working to have a good enviroment in the event, when owners of events dont give shit its because they dont worry enough, when they're worried about everyone, try to feed everyone and ear what the "clients" and everyone else had to say you go and say thats ass licking?? awake up, thats why good thing normaly dont happen in portuguese events. it was fun and i cant wait to pay 7 or 10€ for the next. at least there your not just a number! nothing is perfect but for the first time and in portugal, it was better than many others that make nothing to improve in many years!
>>
Dude really ? Anicomics only has people because almost half go free for the contest. Also anicomics had done 6 events already and had more publicity. What the fuck is your problem ? There cant be new events ? New ideas ? Even tho it wasnt full it was funny. Anicomics crew are so stupid. I dont understand how can you have such an ego. People who does this from some years are getting tired of your attitude.

Whats your problem really ? Your event is in another date, has already sponsers and more experience what are you afraid of ? Dont forget you also do mistakes, and has someone said here before, you were the first calling " parasitas " to people who didnt had money but still wanted to go near of what you have done.

About the cosplay panel. You wanted who ? Leonor gracias ? Isnt she already in almost everything ? Atleast they try to get diferent people from diferent areas and times to give their opinion.

You seriously talk just to talk.
>>
Why do you need to compare anicomics to every event that happens in portugal?

Do you have something to prove?
>>
>>8949180
Someone is salty as fuck for not being invited because the event was that good.
"the events are for the clientes" CRINGE
>>8949352
This.

Let's talk Anicomics and how 90% of their activities is COSPLAY RELATED. Because "comics".
>>8949618
Anicomics has fans. It's diferent. They attend it for the friends and family. People attend Spring It for its activities.
>>
>>8950365
Like Mário Freitas trying to compare his event to IberAnime. What the actual fuck m8.
>>
>>8949661
Leonor Grácias is also an old person. An old person in the cosplay community. It doesn't make her the fucking Queen of it.
I am proud for a con that brings different minds to talk about an hobby.
>>
>>8950518
Misato is a pro seamstress that's the difference not a drama queen
>>
>>8950838
and what can she add to the history of cosplay?
>>
>>8950873
Not the anon you are answering to but I'm assuming she can offer a much different perspective on how cosplay was when she got started than the majority of people. The difficulties in finding materials, wigs, etc, how meetups used to be, the way the hobby functioned without the modern aid of social media and things alike. That counts as part of the history of the hobby, imo.
>>
Let them talk. Anicomics crew like to start all this posts just to see hate coments and to make drama. Let the years go till they have no one in their event. Mario is an idiot and leonor is someone who sells a " cute and helpfull " image while she tryes to steal every fucking thing that apperas on cosplay here in portugal. That bitch dont even make her costumes. I heard her saying that. Just try to see the costume progress. Oh wait. She dosent post. And when she does all you see is hands. Not her.

People are tired of her face. She is not a diva.

Try to give other people, other opinions, there are cosplayers who are from diferent areas.
>>
>>8951954
> And when she does all you see is hands
Anon, that's what normally happens when people show their progress. Also just take a look at her page and you'll see plenty of stuff around, so shut it
>>
>>8952452
Olá Leonor
>>
>>8952454
Olá Manuel
>>
>>8952454
Nice try but not her, anon
>>
her cosplays suck tho
>>
>>8952452
yes it happens, but anyone smart will get what I say.
>>
Please continue, I'm just eating popcorn and reading this... Seems like some shitty mexican drama and I'm loving this!
>>
I missed Leonor Grácias there... Paid 7 euros waiting to hear her whining about other cosplayers and going all drama queen, got nothing...

Next spring it put her in a cage somewhere, it would be a good attraction to the event
>>
I just loved that during the event, Gonçalo the organizer came to me and my friends and asked what we were thinking of the event, and then out of nowhere said that al lthe drama around 4chan was being made by Mario Freitas and his crew, specificly Alexandra Rolo. Come on, we only know each other by going to the events we arent even friends, why did he say that out of the blue?
>>
Because u alexandra, are stupid enough to be obvious with your hating comments and actions. And dont forget. When u talk in a event people pass near you. Some of them can be the " wrong " people to hear the shot you say.
>>
>>8952809
Best comment ever
>>
>>8952910
>>8953377
Exactly what I was thinking. Nice try Alexandra. We all know you love to hate because you were brainwashed by Mário and his crew, like everyone else before you.
>>
>>8952910
He probably is. They have absolutely no reason for it but Anicomics is being an ASS about Spring It. It is an escuse to stop comparing themselves to IberAnime.
Alexandra is such a white knight. She has no arguments.
>>
>>8951954
>Let the years go till they have no one in their event.
That would be happening if this year the con place would be the same. It isn't. That much Mário has done right.
But only that.
>>
>>8953410
Shut up kawatta. Go make more non sense cmvs
>>
#jesuiskawatta
>>
>>8953809
Shut up alexandra. Go make more non sense arguments.
>>
*eats popcorn*

Don't mind me, please keep it up :)
>>
>>8954076
:)
>>
And this is why the portuguese cosplay and anime comunity is said to be a shit...
>>
Well, what can I say? About "kick out" to the pouring rain, well it wasn't raining that hard and people were taking selfies in a passage point, and the main venue was closing. Should it be addressed other way? Probably, but when people refuse to listen... Only shouting will do. There were a lot of flaws and honestly, what con, event doesn't has them? Please do tell me a event/con where everything went smoothly. That's why the organization was so eager to know the "clients" opinion... so that can do better next time! As for Anicomics I really hope they do a really good con, we need good cons in Portugal. Spring it was awesome for a first, and I'm eager to the next one! =)
>>
>>8954129
Every other community is shit. Because giving a face is way too hard.
>>
File: rabbit10.jpg (30 KB, 761x556) Image search: [Google]
rabbit10.jpg
30 KB, 761x556
>>8954710

Here's a Face
>>
Forget spring it.

What the fuck is this cancer?

facebook . com rexiedoingstuff/
>>
>>8954863
Saphira and tsubaki thinking they are funny.
>>
>>8954879
omg, their cancer had a child together...
>>
How about actually discussing cosplay for a change?

Really impressed by this one.
>>
Go discuss cosplay to facebook. Im more interested in why saphira and tsubaki arent still legeally dead regarding their cancer
>>
>>8954632
>it wasn't raining that hard
Anon I think you left earlier than me, it was pouring like hell. Also, if someone's taking selfies in a passage point, why would you go yell at people who are waiting to pass and not tell that person? Doesn't make sense and it was pretty rude.
>>
>>8954904
Felix works took a good turn, he realized the content he was putting out wasn't very good and tried to change it.
Very amazed at the pictures he took for Tsuki, both that and this Skull Kid set look amazing and it makes me pretty happy to see such nice stuff.
>>
>>8954950
I thought the same. It's great to see him stepping up his game like that, he shows will to keep on improving. He did say he was going to start photographing for his enjoyment too and not just because he was asked so maybe these are results from him loosening up and experimenting for himself. Both those sets looked really nice indeed, I'm curious to see his future projects.
>>
>>8954863
it was always obvious that there were something wrong with those poeple. Retardedness is the holly answer for them
>>
>>8954863
>>8954879
>>8955223
You guys make me laugh. You might praise regular cosplay but hate on that. Haters, go figure.
>>
LOL another tsubaki cancer

facebook /tsubaki/posts/1010619169028021
>>
m8s, pls, if you're going to criticize in english, at least try to properly write it. Google translate usually helps. Attending to english classes instead of hating on social media usually shows some results. (:
>>
>>8956475
I love how you try to stand on a high horse yet you make basic grammar mistakes like "Attending to" and "try to properly write it".
If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all, "m8".
If our community followed this simple rule, we'd have more discussions about cosplay and less threads derailing into anonymous name-calling.
>>
>>8956902
Thank you so much
>>
>>8956902
And yet, you are here.
Cute.
>>
What are you guys favorite portuguese cosplayer? Mine is Eveny, she hasn't been active in a while though
>>
>>8958407
Eveny is one of mine as well.
I really like Asheria's craftsmanship and I particularly love this cosplay.
>>
>>8958574
Of course I had to drop my pic.
>>
Irina keeps posting the cosplay is not consent pics. Did she get harassed even once? Shes fucking ugly. Or does she does that as inverted psychology so someone harasses her? Maybe thats how she got pregnant first time...
>>
>>8959915
Thats some serious logic right thete anon keep it up...

She cosplayed relatively lewd characters so she's bound to have received some sort of harrassment. Im not an expert on the matter but i dont think our cosplayers are usually badly treated in this field? People tend to keep the spaghetti to themselves our at least to creep on lowkey. Usually our weebs are pretty beta anyways.
>>
>>8959947
True. Noone has done anything to Kathy Alves who goes 3/4 naked, why would they to irina? Shes a 2/10
>>
>>8959915
You are a horrible person.
>>
>>8960138
For saying the truth? Fine with me
>>
Once upon a time...

This post was about spring it.
>>
>>8960434
the other PT thread is shit. might as well keep this going

but still, i really liked one thing about spring it. i went there saturday and bought a 1 day ticket for 5€.
i kinda enjoyed it (except for the rain) so i returned next day. when i was gonna buy the ticket again they must've seen i had a blue bracelet and said
"oh you came yesterday, then it's only 2€".
"how so?"
"a 2 day ticket is 7€. you already paid 5 so today you pay the rest"

tell me when that EVER has happen to you, not only in cons but in your entire life
>>
>>8960506
the volunter made a mistake then, if you say who it was he will be in trouble xD\
>>
>>8960538

maybe but i dont think so. there were like 4 volunteers at the entrance and no other said anything or looked at the first one in a funny way.

i checked

i looked around thinking "is this shit for real?" hoping it would not be a mean prank or whatever
>>
>>8960560
>same guy

anyone here knows someone from the org to double check? i dont want to talk if i'm in the wrong
>>
>>8960563
It is true.
>>
Lets talk about the new portuguese costume team who sells " extremelly well done costumes "
>>
>>8961754
who?
>>
>>8961754
Huh?
>>
>>8962030
why do they always assume we know their private vendetta
>>
>>8962060
That.
Maybe they are speaking about who? XSuits or someone like that? Companies like that exist everywhere, there's nothing wrong about doing some cosplay and interacting with the cosplay community. God damn hating.
>>
>>8963025
When there's no drama, gotta make something up to shit talk. You know how they work.
>>
Leonor confirmed that APC is dead. anyone knows what happened?
>>
>>8964619
where did she say that? they weren't doing much anyway, probably just got tired
>>
She said she would be going to IA for Cosplayer, not APC. And her event in Elvas has Associação NACIONAL de cosplay, not portuguese.
>>
>>8965253
It is dead, just not officially. Everyone should know that.
Their facebook page is either about a good international cosplayer share, or something about a Portuguese convention with no flavor to it.
They should focus on E-zine, at least that one does some kind of work for the cosplay community. SOME.
>>
>>8967924
To photograph only their friends? We already have normal photographers for that :P.

And PS to Felix, we dont care about photographers/videographers, so keep standing low.

Ps. 2 - Kathy alves, dont exagerate, noone said you were a slut, only that you think you are inside.
>>
So...when is iber posting their program?
>>
>>8969295
The day before as usual
>>
So... Is the thread dead?
>>
>>8964619

She crushed the APC's boss while having sex with him?
>>
>>8969661
Hope not. I still want to laugh
>>
So now Fubuki wants photographers to take pictures of her, so she decided to blame it on comm bias. How are your feelings on the matter? http://www.4cosplay.com.br/2016/04/afinal-os-fotografos-tiram-fotos-porque.html
>>
>>8971627
Like people want to see every john and jane that makes a costume on an event coverage
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.