[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Good-quality Bunnysuit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: 1405074918621.jpg (602 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1405074918621.jpg
602 KB, 2448x3264
Need some help here! If you can believe it, my friend's looking for a bunnysuit, or perhaps a good method of making one. Since I'm well-known to be the obsessive creep on this subject, she's asking me for help. While I've been looking, I see a lot of flimsy ones being sold online, and yet a lot of pretty cosplayers who've pulled their suits off very well.

Mostly I lurk here for the dresses, but would anyone happen to have experience with these bunnysuits, or have a good way of going about making one? Maybe even know a place to buy a nice one? It seems she's looking for a black one in particular, or at least that's all she's found so far, but red might work well on her as well.

Lastly, I should mention she's about 5'7, quite thin, and somewhat small-chested. I don't think she'd like me to post pics.
>>
Your only shot at getting a good quality one is making it. Store bought ones will look like shit. Ask in the help thread for tips.
>>
And I suppose here's the best point of reference I've found so far, regarding the suit itself. Good leg line, fabric looks nice and classy and sturdy enough, and no straps needed.

She's actually made a few of her own cosplays, the friend that is, but I guess nothing like one of these yet.
>>
>>8944744
Ah, thanks. Should I just delete this thread and ask there in the same way?
>>
>>8944747
Yes that's very strongly recommended. Gulls tend to not be friendly when people make entire threads just to ask a question that could've been posted in the help thread.
>>
>>8944747
yeah, deleting this thread and going to the help thread is a good idea. You can also ask about commissions there as well.
>>
>>8944732
Great
>>
>>8944732
>>8944746
>>8944747

Gorgeous cosplayers though.
>>
I'd usually agree with >>8944761 >>8944766 to delete a help/request thread but when it comes to bunny suits we can easily have a full thread posting and discussing them. There are so many styles and series that use them (dumb crossover and otherwise).

If this thread is still here when I get some free time in a couple days I'll try and dig up some of the better bunny suit tutorials and post some tips, if some other gull doesn't beat me to it first.
>>
>>8946841
Yeah, that was my mindset as well. I'll see if I can keep it bumped.
>>
>>8947256
Not involved here at all. Just bumping for anons.
>>
>>8951220
>>
>>8951222
>>
>>8951224
How is her hair doing that?
>>
>>8951230
photoshop
>>
>>8951230
Photoshop.
>>
>>8951230
GiMP
>>
>>8951230
Thats a dude m8
>>
If I remember correctly one of the next patterns in Yaya Han's line is a fully-boned bunny suit. If your friend sews and can follow patterns that may be an option.
>>
>>8951406
I looked at that today and I'm not in love with it.

However, I just bought RuffleButt's bunny suit pattern since I've had her tutorial saved for ages so I might possibly finally get to sewing one soon.
>>
>>8951462
RuffleButt's pattern is fucking awful unless you are shaped like a board. It's not properly graded and by the time you spend all the time editing it you might as well have made your own. But maybe you'll have better luck with it than I did. Good luck!
>>
>>8951485
What did you expect? It's not like she went to school for it or had any proper instructions on how to pattern. It's a problem I'm seeing a lot from these "seamstresses" who sell patterns.
>>
>>8951638
I THOUGHT that maybe if you're charging fucking $30 for a pattern it'd be worth something but I guess I am naive. Luckily I didn't buy the pattern and copied it from a friend so I didn't waste any money.
>>
>>8951406
>>8951462
Where can I see Yaya's bunny suit pattern? I had no idea that was a thing.
>>
>>8951730
Nevermind, I saw she posted a link on twitter of it.
>>
>>8951638
Huh. I hadn't problem with it? 32", 26", 35".

And I thought she was going to fidm or FIT or something.
>>
>>8951680
Anon, try using the pattern before you knock what someone else said about it. The pattern may work for your body, you don't know. Someone else might have fucked up while sewing and they blame the pattern instead of themselves. You do you.
>>
>>8951730
I personally like it especially since she said she added in optional hook and eye closures for the crotch. It could be easily adjusted to have higher thigh holes also. Man.. I already have no many things I want to make with this.
>>
>>8953245
Where do you purchase it? I can't find it in her stores or by Google search
>>
>>8951462
>>8951485
>>8951638
>>8951680
I used Rufflebutt's bunny suit pattern. I agree with everyone else here, it took so much adjusting to make it look decent it wasn't worth it at all. She doesn't include any instructions either, except a link to a Deviantart tutorial she's had up for free forever. One of the steps she didn't even include because "omg it's -my- secret method". I paid for your shitty pattern, tell me. Also, you do NOT need the insane amount of boning she used to get a nice shape. I ended up using instructions for the original 60s Playboy suits and got a good result.
>>
>>8953245
Has anyone tried any of her patterns? Are the bust lines all that huge? That doesn't seem practical for most body types...
>>
i also used rufflebutts and it wasn't worth it at all. the measurements she listed were pretty useless, i had to take in the waist two sizes and expand the bust three sizes and with her suggestion of padding it's still too small in the bust. the leg holes are shaped okay except that side back seam has way too much space - I have a pretty large hip measurement and it was too big for my butt...

>>8955902
please share!!!
>>
>>8956691
Kinda glad to know I wasn't the only one who had almost the same problems with her patterns. It was an okay base to start from I guess and honestly with most tight fitting patterns I don't expect them to fit me without a bunch of alterations and adjustments.
>>
>>8944732
Gosh she's adorable.
>>
>>8956662
I used her bodysuit pattern and I didn't find the bust huge, but I have 36" 26" 37" proportions so I usually have to account for a slightly larger than normal bust anyway.
>>
>>8953380
http://yayahan.bigcartel.com/product/yaya-han-s-boned-bodysuit-pattern
>>
The original size is too big to upload, but I've always been a fan of Kay Pike's tutorial.
>>
>>8955902
I'm also interested in the link, please!
>>
>>8956941
who is she?
>>
>>8956662
>>8956662
Like other patterns it comes in varying sizes. She knows her chest is fake and doesn't put that into the pattern itself. You can alter it if you have a larger chest though I'm sure.
>>
>>8955902
>>8956691
>>8956912
Honestly it was a terrible pattern because she has a weird body shape. The leg holes are absolutely huge, the torso is short, the crotch area is too narrow, the bust is too shallow, the waist is big, etc. Of course variation is expected when using a pattern but hers is laughably terrible. The bunnysuit was so big I ended up just drawing on the pattern pieces themselves using Danisaurz's tutorial as a guide.
>>
>>8957936
My biggest mistake was buying it even though I'm crazy taller than her. Had to add 4+ inches in length to the torso. Along with the other things people have mentioned. But it's whatever, hers was out at least a year before any others popped up and I didn't have anyone to help me with a duct tape wrap. Should have just graded my own.
>>
>>8958161
I wish I had known how bad the pattern was before I bought it a few months ago. I literally ended up free handing the pattern instead.

I thought she would give buyers a different set of directions but she just linked the free pattern where she refuses to share one of the steps. Solid waste of $20 or whatever the price was
>>
>>8951399
NO FUCKING WAY THAT'S A DUDE
>>
>>8951399
>>8951220
>>8951222
>>8951224
I would have 12 babies with this girl.
>>
>>8959392
That's Haoge, very renowned crossplayer.

He's super pretty, also has a very pretty gf! His Kotori cosplays are super cute.
>>
>>8959422
That is utterly disgusting. :(
>>
File: .gif (231 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
.gif
231 KB, 500x281
>>8959432
Serves you right for being a virgin faggot attracted to photoshop.
>>
>>8959432
You're utterly disgusting

Haoge is the crossplayer we deserve. He's gorgeous and I wish I had his legs.
>>
>>8959422
>>8959463
We need to encourage more people like Haoge, they could help break the pussy monopoly.
>>
>>8956959
Does anyone have this not for ants?
>>
>>8958233
Yeah, I think it's pretty upsetting that she didnt include separate instructions and kept with the whole hurr durr secret step bullshit. If people are paying you the same price they pay for a commercial pattern, theyre expecting a full set of steps like a commercial pattern.
>>
>>8960641
The original size is too large to upload. Here's the dA link, though: http://kaypikefashion.deviantart.com/art/Bunny-Girl-Bodysuit-Tutorial-and-Pattern-332025989
>>
>>8960655
Any thoughts to what the big secret is? At that stage the lining is covering up the innards of the suit. So unless it's some support that attaches to the lining I really doubt it's something that can be figured out.

About the time she put out that tutorial, she started doing commissions again and revealed that she embroiderers a dickbutt on everything she makes.
>>
If I'm a guy and I lack boobs, how can I make a bunnysuit stay up?
>>
Here is an old post about how to make a really good bunny suit

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S6745175#p6746829
>>
>>8960817
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S6745175#p6746829
Thank you so much!
>>
>>8960813
Probably boning. But I have a similar question. How do I make boobies when I have no boobies?
>>
>>8960871
crossplay thread
>>
>>8960879
>But I'm just a flat girl...
I'm just wondering how to make boobs without straps/bras because with bunny suits straps kill the appeal.
>>
>>8960807
sorry but thats fucking hilarious, is there any proof?
>>
>>8960813
You've got it backwards, bro. Boobs make it extremely difficult to make anything strapless stay up, including bunny suits. They don't magically hold the bunny suit up or something.

The only way a legitimate bunny suit will stay up is with ample boning.
Fake bunny suits held up with clear straps (some are shooped out)
>>8951224
>>8951222
>>8951220
>>8947256
>>8944732
>>8944747
>>8944746

Real, bones suits
>>8953245
>>8956959

I don't know how good Yaya's is constructed, considering she has fake boobs that defy gravity so they don't push the suit down like regular boobs do and thus her suits need less legitimate structure.
>>
>>8960871
>>8960923
Thanks buds.
>>
File: 1365144354419.jpg (1010 KB, 4800x3300) Image search: [Google]
1365144354419.jpg
1010 KB, 4800x3300
>>8960817
this is sweet. I'm wondering, how difficult would you (anyone) consider the bra part of it to be? I'm considering making one of these for a friend and my sewing skills are not great - the hardest I've done is a dress with a bodice that was fitted with simple seams. I can get help but this might be a bit over my helpers' heads too. since the friend's not very busty, could I somehow cheat my way through it? pic attached for convenience
>>
>>8961391
You can't really cheat on a bunny suit. They are complicated and have to be very carefully put together.
>>
>>8961397
okay, but there are versions that don't have a separate 'bra part', no? >>8960774 is pretty similar to this one, but what about the one in OP's picture? that's more of a swimsuit with straps idea, right? I'd be interested in some patterns for that style for comparison.
>>
>>8961410
Look into swimsuit patterns, adjust legholes and neckline accordingly.
>>
>>8961410
You can make a bunnysuit (not just a swimsuit-style garment with straps) by using the plastic wrap or duct tape methods to draft the pattern. I would only recommend this style for smaller breasts though since it won't offer as much bust support without underwire and the curve seam over the bust would be a pain in the ass to sew if it's too dramatic of a difference.

I suppose you can also draft it from scratch or based off of a princess seamed pattern, but having someone wrap your torso would give you a much easier base to work off of.
>>
>>8961391
>>8961953
The wrap and tape method makes for a good base even if it needs a lot of modification in the bust. It does help immensely for the bottom portion though since the butt area has a definite curved shape.
For the top though for support it's worth to look at bras you wear since that's the construction you see here, it's just put into the suit! If you dont feel comfortable doing it from scratch then you can put in existing bra cups from an old bra with the underwire still attached.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.