[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: holytheater.jpg (514 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
holytheater.jpg
514 KB, 595x842
A release nobody asked for edition

Old general >>8931798

Bodyline >>8921303
Taobao >>8935588
ebay >>8926310
Aliexpress >>8897809
Pricecheck >>8934168
Coord help >>8936569
Dreamdresses >>8898845
CoF thread >>8935366
Otome-kei >>8869640
Draw thread >>8923990
>>
Shhh, have some respect. Easter has passed so as you can see from the little wings on the animals, these are the little dead bunnies and lambs who are now angels.
>>
that fucking font though... keep reading it as holy cheater
>>
Do you think the AP designers know that their designs are failing? Almost all of the new print series still have main pieces in stock, and I don't know about Japan but it seems like a lot of us are disappointed with the quality of the recent dresses
>>
>>8939950
aw man
I do think the animals are super adorable, I just don't like the rest of the print or dress cuts. Why no cute angel lamb accessories, AP?

>>8939962
I always assumed the Chinese lolitas were going kookoo over these more recent releases but if they're not even sold out, I don't know anymore.
>>
>>8939962
I hope they do. They should release more prints like Sweetie Violet, Donut dresses or Misty Sky in spring and things like Chocolate Rosette, Lucky key and other jewel tones in fall.
I hope they will try to get popularity by rereleasing popular prints like CTP.
>>
I'm only getting it because of the cute angel cat. Stupid reason I guess but I get weak when it comes to sweet prints with cats.
>>
File: english do you speak it.png (287 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
english do you speak it.png
287 KB, 500x422
>>8939957
Cursive Mother Fucker, Can you read it?!
>>
Did Baby release the Cardcaptor Sakura collab dress already?
>>
File: stencil-letter-t.jpg (27 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
stencil-letter-t.jpg
27 KB, 700x700
>>8939975
Not the person you're talking to, but a real cursive T has the swirl at the bottom going in the other direction. So AP actually did fuck up their cursive and it does rather look like a C at first glance.
>>
>>8939984
>real cursive
I don't know if you're aware but cursive comes in many shapes and forms. There are as many ways to write 'T' in cursive as letters in the English alphabet and it's taught differently in different countries.
>>
I think the animals on them look rather creepy. As in yes they made sure they look dead. But okay, if that is what AP wants.
>>
>>8939977
no? it doesn't even have a design or stock photo yet?
>>
>>8939962
They know for sure. AP always was the brand chasing trends the most. Crosses are trendy? Let's slap them on every print! Chiffon is trendy? Let's make every garment out of chiffon! Chiffon overlays? Hell yeah, at least one cut of every new print release has one.
They let go of OTT pastel sweet prints after a season of really unpopular dresses. They still do them, but not as often as they used to be. I'm sure we won't be seeing OTT sweety religious prints next season.
>>
File: news_header_sakura_illbook1.jpg (161 KB, 730x493) Image search: [Google]
news_header_sakura_illbook1.jpg
161 KB, 730x493
>>8940026
Well the design will be the dress of pic related.
>>
>>8939962
I really liked Magic Princess and Baked sweets parade.I even really like the design of Holy Theater, I just think the cuts are ugly. But I get why a lot of people aren't feeling their new designs. Hopefully the season will pick up and there will be some pretty new designs released soon.
>>
>>8940057
We still have to get through the other releases from the anniversary party so who knows when we'll actually see something new from AP.

Anyone gotten HL yet?
>>
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but can anyone tell me where to get some cute cake or donut themed jewelry? (Mostly interested in brooches.) I've seen a few cake things, but donut stuff... only a few tiny charms that I guess I could make into accessories.

I really like donuts, everyloli. They're essentially my character item.

I've never shopped Taobao before, but would if you know something really cute.
>>
>>8939962
Notice how AP is making more inventory, doing MTOs, and just generally having real stock for once? They're taking advantage of their new factories and I'm personally happy about this. Gone are the days of two minute bloodbaths. Now girls actually have a chance to buy things a week after release.
>>
>>8940105
Moonbunny on storenvy has some cute donut things!
>>
>>8940108
I guess that's one way to look at it! I just wish they weren't putting out such ugly cuts
>>
>>8940105
Ask the tb thread and never say "everyloli" again.
>>
I still think it's cute but hoping that I can find it cheaper later. Still holding out for a Chocolate Rosette MTO
>>
Is AP USA not going to get a release of Charlotte's Bear? It was so popular on the Japanese release it all sold out in less than 10 minutes...
>>
My holy lantern order just got here ahhhhhhhhh
>>
>>8940176
Usually takes APSF about two weeks to get the shipment in of a release for their own stock to distribute.
>>
File: tumblr_o4wqwgISVw1qgfj6lo2_1280.jpg (113 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4wqwgISVw1qgfj6lo2_1280.jpg
113 KB, 576x768
>>8940204
The dress is so beautiful in person
>>
>>8940235
congrats anon! everything looks super cute. ahh, i really regret not getting the bat bag too now.
>>
>>8940235
How long is it? Do you reckon it could work for a 6 ft girl?
>>
>>8940235
Right? I can't manage to get a picture with my phone that does justice to the color though.
>>
>>8940235
The wine is so gorgeous! I was torn between that and the ivory, which I eventually decided on, but now I kind of regret not getting both.
I just checked my tracking number and it's just now changed to updated delivery day today. I'm so excited!
>>
>>8940055
I can't wait for this trainwreck to happen.
>>
>>8940295
my lavender op and otks are delivered today too! I can't wait.
>>
>>8940235
I'm looking to my dress to arrive in a few months.

>>8940285
Buy a black underskirt or you could try an ero coord.
>>
>>8940212
Thanks! For some reason I thought it was as soon as a week later.
>>
>>8939962
Personally, it is more than just the cut. I do not like this new fabric they have been using. I have Elisabeth Unicron and I love the details, print, colors, but the fabric just isn't my favorite. I prefer the feel of the heavy cotton like on Sweetie Chandelier and those lines. That's why I have been reluctant to jump on any new releases.
>>
>>8940318
Same. Nearly All brand x mango collabs has turned out shamefully ita. These dresses are so pretty in the drawings but they just don't translate well into reality.
>>
>>8940422

The Innocent WorldxMawaru Penguindrum collar turned out pretty cute, but it was a good design to begin with.
>>
>>8940235
Ugh I'm kicking myself for not getting this. Hopefully I can snag one after the hype dies down for a decent price.
I think i remember hearing/seeing that on the original release the crosses and moons and things were not only flocky but also kind of glittery? Do the newer dresses have that or am I completely bonkers?
>>
>>8940108
Yup, that's what I thought. That's great too, now if I actually want a new release, I might have a chance at snagging it.
And as far as not being excited about a new AP release... everything has been pretty meh so far but I'm still holding out for Melty Sky. I'd get in on that blood blath but hopefully there isn't one!
>>
>>8940422
All I'm gonna say
>kuragehimexbtssb
>>
>>8940444

Sounds like you mixed them up with the bat bags, one of the bat pochettes was made from glittery PU.

The dresses themselves are flocky, not glittery.
>>
>>8940055
That design is so disappointing desu. I don't see how it would translate well. I love CCS though. I hope there will be a jsk version or something..else.
>>
>>8940055
I hate series like that

>burando x gundam collaboration when
I just wanna be a frilly robot
>>
>>8940434
Ugh how have I never seen this? I need that set so bad now!!
>>
>>8940581
ok but Victory Gundam collab could probably work
>>
>>8940588
The blouse and skirt are on y!j if you're willing to shell out for them: http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p508119258
>>
>>8940521
>>8940434
Oh yes some collabs are very nice, like the ones you suggested. Without a doubt very pretty! But to me those are the exeption that proves the rule. Not all are ugly but many are. Maybe they look better in real life.
>>
>>8940046
>after a season of really unpopular dresses
what season was that?
>>
>>8940606
>http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p508119258
Wasn't there an anon searching like crazy for that set a while back? Or am I thinking of another set?
>>
>>8940719
That was years ago, but yes. Idk if that anon is still around anymore.
>>
Is it weird to wear the few same main pieces to every meet/convention? I only have about 5 main pieces and money is too tight to buy anything new for a while. I still want to dress up in the things that I have, it just might start getting repetitive. Thoughts?
>>
>>8940741
i don't think it's bad, just change up the coord a bit so it's interesting maybe?

i have a few main pieces i really like wearing to events because of how comfortable they are.
>>
>>8940741
nope not bad at all
>>
>>8940727
>years ago
I think I'm losing time, you're right that was ages ago. I wonder if they ever got it or if they gave up?
>>
File: holylantern.jpg (572 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
holylantern.jpg
572 KB, 1280x1707
>>8940342
Mine made it! I'm so happy! This is my first AP dress. I hope yours makes it safely as well
>>
>>8940741
Not bad at all, it's understandable that some may not be able to have a larger wardrobe. If your really worried, just change it up with different accessories, blouses, tights/otks or shoes.
>>
What's a relatively cheap AP dress in the market right now?
>>
god damn it gulls, all this posting of HL is making me like the print
>>
>>8940788
ur mom
>>
>>8940788
You're going to need to be more specific. Are you looking for a certain style? Things that have deprecated in value?
>>
I don't like the print as a dress print, and I hate the cuts, but I would love those cute animals on a postcard or something.
I wish AP did more sheep prints.
Also, something about their recent prints makes everything blur together. Clouds, crosses/religious shit, and the pillars or whatever make them all seem like boxes in the sky.
>>
>>8940763
I always overlooked the ivory but it's so pretty. Ugh now I wish I got more than one dress.
>>
>>8940793
I'm not looking for a certain style so just in general! And yeah things that have deprecated in value.
>>
File: CecfCymXEAEeUV4.jpg (114 KB, 600x842) Image search: [Google]
CecfCymXEAEeUV4.jpg
114 KB, 600x842
Still holding off for AP USA to get this. ;____;
>>
>>8940945
How stupid and new are you?
Special sets are generally store-specific, and even when they go up on the JP site, the US/intl. site never gets them.
Also gtfo
>;____;

>>8940940
You're still going to need to be more specific. Do you want new AP or slightly older pieces? Print/nonprint? etc.
>>
>>8940105
>everyloli

Get the fuck out.
>>
how long does it usually take people to get back to you on LM? I recently signed up and bought my first ever secondhand piece but I've yet to hear back from the seller
to hear back
>>
>>8940969
Message your seller if it's been more than a few hours. I personally try to check messages/contact my buyers within 12-24 hours. However, sometimes LM doesn't send out notifications, and other times things get overlooked.
>>
>>8940958
Except Luminous Sanctuary special set is up on the us site.
>>
>>8940974
it hasn't yet been 24 but it's been over 12 and I haven't heard back. I would just get a message from them right? sorry if my questions are retarded. Like I said, I'm completely new to buying on LM
>>
Can somebody help me remember the name of an Angelic Pretty dress that had little M&M's-type candies on it?
>>
>>8940998
Polka dot chololate.
>>
>>8940958

new or old doesn't matter to me and I prefer print but nonprint is cute too like fairy marine
>>
>>8941014
God, thank you. That was driving my nuts today.
>>
>>8940235
The tracking for mine hasn't updated in a couple of days so I'm starting to worry.

It's EMS so I think it should have moved by now.
>>
>>8941036
Picture OP here, my tracking didn't update once it arrived in the US so it could very much be on its way. EMS has been a little funky recently, or at least with some of my orders.
>>
CT hasn't mailed me about HL shipment yet, should I be worried? I didn't have the otks with it or anything, but I have yet to hear anything from her about it.
>>
>>8941070
Why wouldn't you just go through Tenso?
>>
>>8941070
She recently emailed all the people with the people who bought the HL Lav or Wine OTK's about her items being held hostage by AP. She says they should be getting them to her soon, but have yet to do so.

I don't know if this also pertains to orders without those problem items in them. I'd message her if you're worried.
>>
>>8941079
People that live in Europe like to get items marked down.

I don't but I don't like ordering through AP, in case if I mess up; I don't want to get black listed. I'd rather just let someone else handle it for me. I don't mind paying for the peace of mind.
>>
>>8941090
>I don't mind paying for the peace of mind.
This is how I feel about a lot of things. I could go through Taobao's freight forwarder and buy things directly ... or I could pay a shopping service to communicate with the shops for me, and ensure I don't fuck up with google translate.
>>
>>8941090
Ah, that makes sense. I've only used Tenso so I understand how nervous it can make you. I constantly check my information to make sure it's right and I still feel like it's wrong.
>>
File: tmp_2816-maxresdefault727110995.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2816-maxresdefault727110995.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>8940105
>Character item
>Everyloli
TF.
>>
>>8941079
Different anon but Tenso apparently doesn't accept my ID, and I've also never ordered anything directly from AP japan before. It was just more convenient to order it through CT.

>>8941070
I haven't gone one either and I didn't have any of the problem items. I'm sure tons of people ordered through her, seems like she's just trying to get everyone's packages in order for shipping. I hope she sends them out soon though, if I could get mine before April 9th it would be great to wear it to a con I'm going to.
>>
>>8941070
>>8941132
CT hasn't emailed me yet either anon. And I just ordered the bag from the MTO.
But I have the invoice and proof that I paid her so...hopefully soon.
>>
>>8939943
Shit, posted in the wrong thread by accident, but, can anyone recommend a good SS to use on Y!J? I usually just use Buyee but what I want to bid on is blacked out for whatever dumb reason. Sorry in advance for the stupid question but who is reputable and who isn't is always changing.
>>
>>8941214
I use Japonica Market, they're quite good. A little slow recently, but they're probably overwhelmed with orders or something. They've recently added a cart system to their site which helps a lot.
>>
>>8941224
Thanks for that! Auction ends in two days. Hope that's enough time.
>>
>>8941015
>>8940940
>>8940793

In general, non-print, older than 3-5 years, simpler dresses are the most commonly cheap dresses. This includes old school, and things like polkda-dots or non exclusive fabric (strawberry print, floral print). Excludes all-lace dresses and anything with hime sleeves. Cutsew dresses tend to be cheaper than proper dresses, as they were cheap to begin with. There are exceptions to this list, things that were popular in their heyday are still going for a fair amount (eg- Rose Toilette, Wonder Party was about 15k last I checked, Sugary Carnival still trading above that, etc)

If you're looking to buy, you're better off trawling the secondhand markets yourself and looking at what's cheap. It's not about naming the dress, a lot of it depends on whether there's anyone willing to sell a particular dress for cheap or if the sellers would rather take them off the market if they can't sell it. I definitely don't suggest going up to a seller and arguing that they need to drop their prices by more than half just because /cgl/ told you the dress was cheap.
>>
>>8941090
You can mark things down in Tenso.
And once you put in the details, you literally never have to put them in again. Why would you pay extra to go through a ss only to get your stuff after everyone else.

>>8941132
Have you tried emailing them? They have a much better english staff now, it's not hard to get things like that corrected.
>>
>>8941146
I emailed her, basically almost all her orders got held up due to the otk issue.
>>
>>8941323
...oh. That honestly kind of irritates me to know since my order has nothing to do with the clothes, unless she did all orders on one bulk account. But oh well, nothing I can do about it anyway.
>>
File: 192610020039-osaka.png (312 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
192610020039-osaka.png
312 KB, 500x584
Haven't seen anybody mention it, but is anyone going for this Meta dress?
>>
>>8941337
>...oh. That honestly kind of irritates me to know since my order has nothing to do with the clothes, unless she did all orders on one bulk account. But oh well, nothing I can do about it anyway.
same. I mean I can kind of understand it, but it's still irritating... especially if we paid for fast shipping/EMS shipping
>>
>>8941286

Not that anon, but a couple of girls have posted here in a panic before. One said she messed up her Tenso address when she made her order and was frantically emailing AP to get it changed while praying they allow it and don't blacklist her. Another said she plain didn't know what happened to her parcel, AP said they sent it while Tenso said they didn't receive it, and she didn't know what to do. I didn't follow up to see if either girl got their packages.

I got a scare myself when a couple of my packages didn't arrive. Emailed Tenso about one or two weeks after an item had shipped and it turns out the parcel was at their warehouse, just that nobody had gotten around to entering it into my account. Another parcel went missing when the shop didn't copy down the correct T-number or something, Tenso had me forward my invoice from the shop to them before they put the package into my account.

Things like this are a minority, mind you -- I've been with Tenso since AP revamped their jp store and use it for ordering from other stores (mostly DreamV and Amazon jp, the credit card system in japan is a pain in the butt about foreign credit cards), in all those years these are the only two stories I have. But I can totally understand if some girls prefer not to be that person who gets "lucky" with their Tenso order.
>>
>>8941436
Yes, although I don't particularly like the rickrack trim.
>>
>>8941436
So my boyfriend just bought this for me and didn't realize he couldn't put it in my name and address for shipping and his information for billing. What should he do, should we email meta?
>>
>>8941549
Yeah shoot them an email, meta have amazing customer service.
>>
>>8940105
everyloli reminds me of when bronies say everypony and bronies remind me of a guy I once knew who jumped on me on a trampoline and the trampoline didn't stop bouncing so I had this fatass practically humping me
>>
>>8940114
Everyone whines when they put out cuts that are identical to the last. It's like they can't win. They try something new and still get bitched at.
>>
>>8940945
I could go for some baked sweet potatoes right about now
>>
>>8941286
Tenso marks things down but they won't take out the tags, which is usually just as important (you'll end up paying a pretty hefty fine if Customs finds out you lied about the value).
>>
>>8941436
Is that a fuckin hot air balloon print because I am THERE
>>
>>8941436
It looks so Taobao though...
>>
Fuck Krad man. I wanted that Phantom of the Opera blouse but I'm NOT paying $100+ shipping from Clobba when the Chinese girls can buy it for $50. That's just retarded.
>>
>>8941701
How do the Chinese girls even get them? Krad's Taobao store is useless.
>>
>>8941741
There are 3 contacts listed on the item page for the blouse and then the dates during which they are accepting pre-orders. I imagine that you contact one of those people for your area.
>>
>>8941436
Agreed that it looks very Taobao. Sorry Meta my love, but this is a nope for me.
>>
>>8941768
>>8941762
>>8941741
>>8941701
>>8941676
.....what is going on
>>
>>8941778
Check yo calendar
>>
>>8941768
Why does meta have so many items that are a miss? AP is the most popular, yes, but /why/ does meta not take a leaf from their book and have cohesive prints?
With their plus size measurements, their amazing customer service etc, they could be really loved, but they insist on doing prints that aren't /quite/ right. There always seems to be something slightly off about their dresses.
>>
>>8941436
The random sailor collar is a bit much
>>
>>8941507
You're acting like CT doesn't have problems. I've heard way more people complaining about her than I have heard complaints about Tenso. If you really struggle putting in an address, just email Tenso to ask for help. It's not hard, you save money and get points to discount items you buy.
>>
>>8941811
Do you honestly think AP's prints lately are good? Why the random crosses?
>>
>>8941558
Thanks for the help! They helped me and now everything is cool. I really do love meta and their customer services.
>>
>>8941041
I'm in Canada but I hope its just the tracking being wonky.

Our mail is notoriously slow but it's been stuck "en route to Canada" for 3 days now. I shipped another package from Tenso at the same time and its the same.
>>
>>8941811
That's probably just depending on your taste. I like Meta's style, it has that special touch other brands don't have. And great quality, atleast their shoes are most confortable shoes I have ever had from brands.
>>
>>8941811

I used to think this about Meta but as I've been in lolita longer I like them more? AP releases so many similar prints lately, but Meta is always trying new things
>>
>>8941826
No I don't, but they're still more popular than meta
Fwiw I like meta, some of my dream dresses are from there and I do love the fact that they're 'unique' in the sense that they don't go with the flow.
I just think they could work on the details that they don't get 'right', and become the superior brand to AP. I guess there's such a strong loyalty to AP/baby that it's not going to change.

>>8941840
Based meta
>>
>>8941811
I find lolitas who have been in the fashion a while appreciate Meta on a deeper level
>>
>>8941859
I feel this too.

At first meta was that whacky brand with no solid print or theme into their brand but a jsk from them was my first brand piece that I bought second hand. It wasn't until years later I bought from them directly and would help me with completing my order, they became my #1 favorite brand. They have good staple pieces and really good quality in their fabrics. Plus they actually listen to us westerners and made MTOs for that one cat print.

Meta honestly loves their international customers which is nice desu. Wish more people would experience their customer service and other brands like AP and Btssb would take Meta's quality of their customer service.
>>
the only reason you start to appreciate meta after being a Lolita for a while is because of Stockholms syndrome
>>
>>8941859
>>8941869
oldies definitely love their meta, there's something endearing about their quirks.

their solids/staples are quite top notch though, some of the most comfortable and well made pieces i own. no one does shirring and pintucks like meta. i have a couple blouses from 2008 or so that has held up really well too.
>>
>>8941859
I'm a one year old newbie but I already have meta socks and want to start buying their prints.
>>
>>8941882
I wouldn't consider myself to be an oldie but I've been into Lolita since 08 and I still think meta shits out dumpster fires
>>
>>8941869
There's some Meta I really like and some I'm just like 'what' with. Their quality always seems quite nice though.
>>
>>8941869
Meta's attention to detail is remarkable, too. I have a plaid dress from them and the plaid is perfectly lined up at the seams, even on the bodice. I've never seen that from a brand, even with a simpler, repeating print. Their quality, from what I've experienced myself, is better than post-2010 Baby and rivaling the sturdier pieces AP do.
>>
>>8941859
I think it's more like Meta does what it does. It doesn't follow trends nor it usually repeats its patterns.

Plus their customer service is just on point.
>>
File: what be going on.png (112 KB, 1366x770) Image search: [Google]
what be going on.png
112 KB, 1366x770
I know there is no anon today but is anyone getting this weird looking format on their computers?
>>
>>8941982
its april 1 you dumb twit
>>
>>8941859
>>8941882

While I can appreciate what Meta do at times, they're not a brand that I would buy from and haven't done so before now on the simple basis that what they produce just doesn't fit my style. I've been in the fashion for roughly five years now. There's a few pieces I quite like, but not enough to buy.

>>8941982
Yup. It's really annoying me to be honest.
>>
>>8941982
Check the date yo
>>
My mom wants to go to a meet-up wearing a square dancing dress. Please give me some reasons to tell her why it won't work, because I am stumped. Structurally, they appear very similar.
>>
>>8942030
>mom you don't know shit about Lolita
>kek do you even into burando
>looks like a taobao nightmare
>fucking itas with their offbrand
>>
>>8942030
Tell her that the dresses are made and worn with different intentions. One is a very dance and folk based costume, and the other is a street fashion. While they kinda look similar, it's not the same. Say, you wouldn't go to prom in a Halloween costume that was promish. Kinda a bad example but I can't really think of another way to say it.
>>
>>8942030
Tell your mom shes an ita nightmare and you don't want to be seen with her
>>
>>8941836
Diff anon but I'm in Canada as well. My package just showed up in Mississauga but was sent for further processing. Hope that doesn't mean customs.
>>
>>8942067
I usually only get hit by customs if the shipping says that the CBSA got hold of it at some point. I'm assuming it hasn't been released to Canada Post yet?
>>
File: _20160401_160748.jpg (186 KB, 1440x1029) Image search: [Google]
_20160401_160748.jpg
186 KB, 1440x1029
>>8941982
I post on mobile, fite me irl
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-01-16-41-37.png (452 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-01-16-41-37.png
452 KB, 720x1280
This bitch is selling dresses for the biggest markup. There's a reason you haven't sold anything in two years.
>>
>>8942117
Wow wtf? Does she think people are actually going to pay this much?
>>
>>8942117
I think it's a legit april fools prank. I have her added on another social media platform that seems to confirm this.
I can get wanting to prank your friends, that's fine. But to post this shit in sales groups and get people's hopes up for their dream dresses only to see a crazy impossible price is not kawaii.
>mfw hope you're reading this, S.
>>
>>8942185
I bet you constantly look for dream dresses under the 50$ mark
>>
>>8939943
I think this is quite cute. I'd really love to get my hands on the jsk, but i wont have a free patcheck till May.
>>
>>8941436
Yikes. But I do like their new strawberry print.
>>
>>8942206
more like that girl has some dresses that should be worth closer to $100-250 (especially the oldschool dresses) and yet she's scalping them when literally no one will buy them for that price
let's not even talk about her $100+ bodyline and $500-$850 Haenuli
it's not even a believable april fools joke
>>
>>8941436
Too Meta quirky for me. I was appreciating them being cohesive with prints, putting AP to absolute shame, and having bloodbaths for once. Cute spring print, though, even though it's all over the place. Honestly, it's the rick rack that's the deal breaker for me.
>>
File: 1455072170627.jpg (24 KB, 275x240) Image search: [Google]
1455072170627.jpg
24 KB, 275x240
>>8942206
What does this even mean, like you know this dress is worth $100 and not $1000, right?
>>
>>8942206
>defending fake scalping from someone who has confirmed it's an april fools prank
can we get that OP banned from those sales comms? lbr if everyone suddenly started doing that shit it'd get really annoying really fast (and possibly lead into legit scamming, you have to admit)
>she's also admitted to trolling cgl before when she was posted in ita threads for, surprise, being ita
she can stay in the plus size sales comm kek
>>
>>8942269
The day's almost over anyway, Salty McMorton. Pretty sure they'll just slap her on the wrist and remove the post, if they do anything at all.
>>
>>8942276
nice selfpost
>>
>>8942293
Think what you like. I just don't see why the rest of you are crying over such an obvious joke.
>>
>>8942301
maybe because it's tasteless and tacky as fuck? it's not even funny, just annoying.
>>
>>8942301
maybe it's just me but i can legit see this leading to scamming as >>8942269 mentioned
>next year, april 1st
>sudden flood of fake sales posts everywhere, fake auctions/BINs on LM, the like
>oh teehee sry its just an april fools prank gais!!! but since you rly wanted to buy it i'll sell it for that (scalped) price!!!
>then scammers taking the (very highly scalped) money and/or not mailing the purchases
>then basically acting like choke when people try to call them out (oh they probably just got lost in the mail teehee!! not my fault!! go through paypal claims!!!)
>>
>48 hours since I won a bid on LM
>no contact from seller
>almost 24 hours since I sent them a message
>sitting as unread

I'm dying inside
>>
>>8942301
>sandy
>>
>>8941323
Damn, really? I know it's not her fault, but that's really annoying on AP's end. I'm assuming she just made the orders as she got them, I don't understand why AP wouldn't just ship what was ready. Unless she made all the orders on a daily basis (i.e. would wait until the end of the day to make an order, so there were multiple people in one order). Man. Any idea how long it will take to sort out?
>>
>>8942310
you sound a little paranoid
>>
>>8942310
I'm telling a girl that those prices are a joke, because several of those dresses are her dream dresses, and she was really thinking she was going to have to pay those prices.
>>
>>8942070
Just checked tracking again. It was in customs around 11:15am, sent to further processing the same time, then was processed around 3 pm. Could be that customs-dude took a look at it, then it sat in a bin until after lunch.

I'm not super worried but I will be a bit pissed if I get hit with customs. This is my first order with Tenso but I did mark my shit down so...
>>
>>8942408
and this is exactly why that girl and that kind of shit in general should be banned
>>
File: caps.png (43 KB, 595x531) Image search: [Google]
caps.png
43 KB, 595x531
>>8942408
>classy
sorry some of us aren't finding this very funny
in fact you're making me lose respect for you fast, because at the least you could apologize for shit like >>8942408. people are legit upset, not mad just because they're salty or whatever
>>
File: caps2.png (8 KB, 596x94) Image search: [Google]
caps2.png
8 KB, 596x94
>>8942419
>>
>>8942419
>>8942424
And she's supposed to respect you for posting her caps? You might as well remove her, you seem like a shitty person.
>>
>>8942456
>being this salty about the girl's caps being posted
if it was anyone else with deets on someone being shit, they'd be posting those caps too.
>>
>>8942465
Not over the caps, but the "lose respect" is just hypocritical. Don't pretend to take a high road when you're shitposting on cgl like the rest of us. There's no high road here.
>>
>>8942470
there's a difference between shitposting and calling someone out for doing something shitty
>>
>>8941880
Pleb
>>
>>8942474
If anyone else decides to pull this sort of prank next year and people pay those prices, that's their own fault for not doing any background checks on brand. Lordy y'all sure know how to ruin the spirit of April Fools.
>>
>>8942474
Over someone not getting to buy their dream dress? At the end of the day no one is making you or your friend buy them. It sucks your friend got tricked but it sounds like you're just coming up with worst case scenarios. At the end of the day it's still April fools.
>>
>>8942482
>lmao it's ok to knowingly scalp someone unaware because people will buy their dream dress at those prices!!

>>8942483
lmao who cares that people are upset, look at me, i'm soooo funny for pulling this shitty unfunny prank!!
>>
>>8942488
People have been scalping dresses at embarrassing prices for a lot longer than today, anon. Some will choose to pay those prices. Some will choose to not pay those prices.

Like >>8942483 said, at the end of the day no one is holding a gun to your head and making you buy the dress. It's no one's fault but your own if you pay those prices without putting thought into it.
>>
S is constantly pulling shitty ass stunts and acting like a brat

glad someone is finally calling them out on their bullshit.
>>
Has anyone ever noticed that arguing on cgl only makes it worse for the person in question whereas if they stayed quiet and just deleted the post after today, nothing would have escalated?

Jokes aside, keep prank posts out of legit pages. It's courtesy, not everyone cares about April Fools. Additionally, there are people who are naive enough to be taken too far and all it does is create a drama bomb.
>>
>>8942494
>calling them out on /cgl/
>not using any identifiers anyone will understand unless fb friends with

yes, calling them out...
>>
>>8942495
Fucking this.
Keep your pranks to your personal pages, not sales groups. That way you can prank your friends and not innocent unsuspecting buyers outside of your friends circle.
>>
>>8942497
except her post is in a well-known sales group with her name attached if you bother to look for it
>>
>>8942502
It's gone now. It's been gone for a few hours. I thought you guys were done but I guess not.
>>
>>8942497
Those caps from above aren't even on fb and no one called her out. Literally all you're doing is shotposting.
>>
File: 04012133_56fe6ab6c7bc7.jpg (374 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
04012133_56fe6ab6c7bc7.jpg
374 KB, 500x600
What the hell is this
>>
>>8942521
>Posting behind anon is literally the definition of shitposting.
top fucking kek
someone doesn't know what shitposting is
nice try though
>>
>>8942523
I think it's cute, in a weird way
Wish they made it into a ring instead
>>
>April Fools, this thread is the joke.
>>
everyone who bought holy lantern deserves the hold up for their trash their print
>>
>>8942559
>this guy can't even make a coherent sentence using proper english, kek
>>
>>8942523
It's so derpy that I love it.

On a related note, Holy Theater did successful for the most part. Many cuts and colors sold out. Why?? It was one of the most underwhelming releases of 2016 imo.
>>
RIP this thread
>>
>>8941818

It goes both ways, I think. The comment I responded to acts like Tenso is always easy and problem-free as well.
>>
>>8942610
>well the thread is derailed anyway so what i did doesn't matter anymore~~~ XDDDD lolololol i'm so funny, so entertaining, i'll just keep on being bratty lolololol
>>
>>8942616
girl, see a fucking therapist
at this point you're just fucking sad and i'm almost sympathetic for you, even though you're disgusting
>>
Dear mods, can someone please clean this thread of all the shitposts? There's too many to report individually/I'm a lazy bitch. Thx friends, bye.
>>
>>8942634
>thinking mods aren't just going to nuke the entire thread
I admire your innocence, Theresa.
>>
>>8942634
you sound like a bitch
>>
>>8942634
>clean this thread of all the shitposts
>shitposts
nice try. the only actual shitposts were from housewife-chan
>>
>>8942639
it may be friday night but it's still past your bedtime, andrew

>>8942641
there's tons of other posts before that of people bitching about stupid shit but even with just the housewife chan bullshit, there's a ton of posts that can be eliminated.

>>8942637
i mean, they won't necessarily - I remember hw chan derailed a feels thread with at least like 100 solid posts of her and other anons just going back and forth, and the mods surprisingly didn't nuke the whole thread, just deleted that whole block of posts
>>
>>8942646
it's 13:36 silly
>>
File: 492561-13728-2015-10-19914384.jpg (47 KB, 600x784) Image search: [Google]
492561-13728-2015-10-19914384.jpg
47 KB, 600x784
I just thought of something that might be a stupid question.

My question is after a brand had a deadline sale of their old prints, where do they put the dresses are in excess of, do they store it in storage for e the next round or do they vault it, burn it?

What do they do wit the unsold old print dresses?
>>
>>8942651
lucky packs
>>
>>8942651
They vault it in. That's why its good to have "internal contacts" on some stores. They just discard/vault it like fastfoods
>>
>>8942592
I get that it goes ways. But it's kinda like buying from AP USA. Laziness means you're paying a huge markup. It just makes me mad when people then trying to pass that on when they go and sell their dress. While they could be buying direct and saving a lot of money. I've ordered direct 22 times from AP in the past year and I've never had a problem with Tenso. I've only had a single issue with AP and it was sorted out. I don't know why people think they'll get blacklisted. Maybe I just really hate seeing people waste their money.
>>
>>8942735
Some people just don't want to deal with that particular stress and prefer to pay extra to make someone else take care of it. I know I have done that.
>>
>>8942571
Weird cuts
Colors don't match that well
Over use of crosses?

I'm genuinely curious too. I got it in a heartbeat, I love the deadly look of the animals, and the crosses are not obvious. However the stock photos are bad, tones look terribad
Maybe the chiffon?
>>
>>8942705
>>8942651

If you remember the product number, you can still email Innocent World and ask about buying them. If they can find it in stock somewhere they'll sell it to you still, though I don't think they will give you the sale price.

Not my experience, just something someone shared some time ago.

IW does take down out-of-season items and then bring them back with other stock same season next year, but I've never heard them do it with a sales item. The sales items tend to end up in lucky packs. You may have to start checking secondhand sites and see if your dress pops up elsewhere.
>>
File: 03252113_56f52b8234a74[1].jpg (221 KB, 423x600) Image search: [Google]
03252113_56f52b8234a74[1].jpg
221 KB, 423x600
>>8942571

I actually didn't think the dress was too bad. I don't like it, but I've seen girls go gaga over some similar releases I didn't like, so I figure there's just a lot of girls who do seem to like this particular clusterfuck style of artwork.

AP also restocked their special sets. Again. This baffles me more than Holy Theatre.
>>
Has anyone had any luck recently with contacting a lace market mod?
>>
>>8942792
Nope, I pm'd them on facebook and nothing.
>>
>>8942735
to me it's not that much of a markup. maybe a $10 or so PP fee + $20-25 for EMS shipping to the US? not all of us buy 22 new AP dresses in a year. not to mention SS's like CT do have combined shipping with other orders, which can help save on EMS. so paying maybe $10-$15 in fees isn't that much for peace of mind, and it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than buying from AP USA with their shipping prices.
>>
>>8942772
>AP also restocked their special sets. Again. This baffles me more than Holy Theatre.
holy crap, that's amazing
>>
Secrets
>>
>>8942801
Did you actually do the math? My last few orders it's been $29, $78, and $28 I would have been charged extra. $29 extra for just a dress. Maybe it's somehow cheaper for you, but it doesn't look like just a $10-$15 markup.
Tenso will combine orders as well, so I'm not sure why you're mentioning that.
>>
>>8940018
I don't know if you're aware, but you sound like an aspie
>>
Why is it so hard to find secondhand moitie?
>>
File: bloody eye loli.jpg (16 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
bloody eye loli.jpg
16 KB, 236x314
I woke up with a sty in my eye, but I have a meet in a couple days (and work). Anyone know of a cute way to cover it so I don't look like a walking infection?
I was thinking of a japanese style eyepatch, it seems like it'd match well enough with a coord, but I have no idea where to get one without having to wait at least a week.

On a different note, has anyone even seen a black melty moon purse for sale? I've seen every color for sale, and every color of knockoff except black.
>>
>>8942947
How big is it? I get styes on my waterline so I put non-black eyeliner over it if they're small to cover it up.
>>
>>8942947
Anon this happens to me sometimes. I use warm compresses like 5 times a day or so and get more sleep. Usually the stye goes away in a day or two. Doing that is better than trying to buy an express eyepatch.

Also since Im prone to eye infections, I don't actually wear any eye makeup. I wear those big round glasses instead to compensate and get complimented on the glasses. I recommend you do that too since you don't want to irritate your eye again until you're sure you're better.
>>
>>8942998
>>8943001

It's day 1, so small, but enough to make it look like I've been punched. It's on the rim of the lid on the top and the entire upper lid is a bit swollen, I'm assuming it's only going to grow for the next couple days too. When I go out today I was going to pick up some medicine for it, and maybe some stick on eye covers. I might be able to do something with them, maybe style a wig to cover that eye? Or sunglasses! I have a few pair that can match my coords. I'm more concerned about work now, maybe I'll get away with glasses...
I've been doing the compresses, haha! They're helping with the pain a lot.

Thanks for the help! Here's hoping it'll go away soon!
>>
>>8942945
Small/infrequent releases, expensive so most people don't buy new, people don't want to give up expensive pieces, not much of a market for gothic in general these days...the list goes on.

What piece are you looking for specifically? I've been stalking Moitie auctions for over a year and I've snagged some good stuff for really cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 668x668
>>8942057
But country lolita is a thing and lolita hasn't looked like a 'street fashion' in a decade. Pics would help. You could find an objectively similar lolita dress and point out the small details that are more typical of the wider fashion but desu it's hard explaining to people that lolita is not (for example) rockabilly when shit like pic related exists...
>>
>>8943064
Lolita only doesn't look like a street fashion when all you see are photoshoots, event coords, and other OTT stuff.
>>
>>8942906
>$78
where the fuck do you even live that you get a $78 in fees and shipping? what the fuck?
as I said not all of us buy multiple fucking dresses and shipping to the US, especially if you combine orders (which, gasp, many do) isn't always expensive depending on the area you're shipping to. not to mention if you add extra shit to the package (say, a full set or shoes, or if your dress is a fucking heavy ott dress) of fucking course it's going to cost you more than the person who buys just the typical dress.
i'm looking at my invoice for Holy Lantern now and I paid exactly $11.68 in fees and transport. i probably combined shipping with another order. so expensive, yes.
>>
>>8943246
I'm talking about CT. That wasn't even including shipping, it's using her calculator for an estimate on her website. I then figured out what I paid to use tenso, again not including international shipping. That's the amount extra I would have had to pay to use her. Where I live has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>8942772
The only reason why I want this dress is because I share part of it's name lol
>>
>>8943310
cross?
>>
>>8943310
I'm like that with Maria's catholic nun, Ave Maria, and Sister maria's Hummingbirds.
Is it alright to want a dress just for the name?
>>
>>8943064
There's a difference between southern bell country and yehaw country
>>
>>8943264
I was talking about CT, too.
Where you live might have everything to do with it. If anything, our expereinces prove not everyone's totals with CT depending on situations are the same, and they shouldn't be compared.
At the end of the day the point still stands some don't mind paying a bit more for peace of mind. I don't see why you even keep arguing about this.
>>
>>8943264
there's no reason why her calculator should even be showing a $78 difference unless you were buying something extreme. what on earth were you buying?
also, are you actually paying directly in US dollars or converting to US dollars from a currency that isn't yen (like euros/pounds)? because there's a big fucking difference if you're converting currencies
>>
File: ctcalculator.png (52 KB, 1199x399) Image search: [Google]
ctcalculator.png
52 KB, 1199x399
>>8943264
>Where I live has nothing to do with it.
also, um.
>>
>>8943396
Not that anon but
>tfw payment processing for Canada should not cost more but does
>>
is meta's site not loading, or is it just me?
>>
>>8943401
yeah but she's shipping from japan not us
idk if that makes much difference but it might
>>
>itt people don't know how calculations, fees, shipping, and currency conversions for SSs work despite everything being laid out for them to read right on CT's page
also wondering if that anon is outside the US and buying some 100k+ yen AP OTT OP or some shit, because that's the only thing that's coming close to a $78 difference on CT's calculator for me. of course it's going to cost a ton just from the weight and price alone?
>>
Choke posted something about someone ripping of the shoes she was making. Anyone got deets?
>>
>>8943443
>oh em gee some bitch is ripping off MY SHOES!!!
>scammer? me? what? hahahahaha
this fucking
>>
>>8943396
Okay, yes, the PayPal fee matters where I am. But in that case, it'd be cheaper then, I'm in the US. But I was talking about shipping, it says right there in your screenshot it's not included in the estimate.
>>8943408
It was an Ott dress and a few small things, but like I said it's not including international shipping. Either way, Tenso is a flat rate at 700 yen, not near the amount she charges (percentage based on what you buy and a PayPal fee also a percentage). This means to get your $15 or less, you'd have to spend less than 21,200 yen total, multiple items or not. Already most dresses are above that mark. So unless you're deluding yourself, it's always more than $15.

>>8943386
You asked about the $78? I was explaining that was pure fee on her end. Not international shipping.
>>
Is it me or does the past few AP release look legit the same?
>>
>>8943362
I'm from the south, and I know exactly what you mean
>>
>>8943402
I checked just now and it doesn't seem to load for me either.
>>
>>8943443
She can cry everyone a river. What a scamming brat.
>>
>>8943515

Some girls from my local comm were discussing this. There's a huge difference in artwork between the last couple of years and S/S 2016. Wonder if AP got a new design/illustration team?
>>
I got my Holy Lantern JSK yesterday! It's gorgeous, but I was hoping the zippers would be silver on the black X white. The gold clashes a bit unfortunately. Also kicking myself for not getting the barrette.
>>
>>8943497
>This means to get your $15 or less, you'd have to spend less than 21,200 yen total, multiple items or not. Already most dresses are above that mark. So unless you're deluding yourself, it's always more than $15.
So if I ordered Holy Lantern at around 28,944 yen, combined shipping with another item, and had fees totaled to less than $15, what does that mean then, hmm? Because I'm pretty fucking sure I'm not being given special treatment here, I'm not THAT good of a customer for CT.
Anyway, you just admitted yourself it was an OTT dress, and that was why you'd have crazy fees.
>Already most dresses are above that mark.
And yet, around 28k yen is current retail, and I had less than $15 in fees, so explain that.
>>
>>8943497
adding
>"and a few small things"
doesn't fucking matter, it still adds to the weight of the package and affects the totals.
>>
>>8942947
Visit a craft store and make something like this?
>>
>>8943443
I want to see caps of this. Please deliver, gulls.
>>
File: holylantern.png (7 KB, 552x177) Image search: [Google]
holylantern.png
7 KB, 552x177
>>8943497
here, i'll even attach my invoice for proof so you can see i'm not "deluded" in your words
>>
Anyone have any ideas of what the japonica app sale is going to be?
>>
>>8943703
Probably just their bi-weekly sale. They've always had it on Tuesdays, the last one was on the 22nd so I'm expecting the same 3-day sale that was going to happen anyways. Maybe the discount will be a little more than usual, but I somehow doubt it.
>>
So, how responsive are the LM mods right now and how can I have feedback against me changed?

I bought something from a different country a couple weeks ago; paid for it, seller shipped the item, I received it, left positive feedback (have even worn it since) and today the seller left me feedback saying that I backed out of the sale due to high shipping prices (what????). I messaged the seller asking them why they did that/if they could change it, but how does one change feedback, anyways? I don't want people thinking I'm some asshole that backs out of sales on them.
>>
>>8943806
completely unresponsive based on others' words, sorry anon
>>
>>8943810
Damn, that's such horseshit. They really need to get more mods on the team, or at least get an actual place to send complaints to that's not a completely dead fb page.
>>
>>8943623
I think wearing gold jewelry is the best way to go when coording this kind of thing. That way it doesn't look tacky, but it also doesn't dismiss the gold.
>>
>>8943313
Cecilia, would be a Cross would be a sweet surname though.
>>8943352
Good to know I'm not the only one. It's all good in my book, I mean there are girls out there wanting dresses because they have weird or funny names so why not? Matching your name with the name of the print you're wearing is pretty neat.
OT but my mother's name is Maria as well. It's got a very beautiful ring to it.
>>
>>8943012
I've just started buying lolita seriously this year and pic related is my wishlist. The pieces that I do have were quite cheap considering, the problem is really finding them! My friend is into AP and started buying lolita around the same time as me and she has already found most of her dream dresses, that's why I started wondering if I'm not looking hard enough or something but a lot of time when you search for moitie on y!auctions or mbok hardly anything comes up.
>>
File: comes.png (3 MB, 1305x2255) Image search: [Google]
comes.png
3 MB, 1305x2255
dropped pic
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.