[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cringe Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: welp.png (546 KB, 536x975) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
546 KB, 536x975
Didn't see one in the catalogue, so starting one with this fine piece of attention whoring.
>>
>>8938942

Still looks better than a hjiab.
>>
>>8938952
Not really
>>
>>8938957
hijab make people look like egg-heads no offense,
this at least has a vintage feel to it
>>
File: girl_with_a_pearl_earring.jpg (117 KB, 380x445) Image search: [Google]
girl_with_a_pearl_earring.jpg
117 KB, 380x445
Reminds me a bit of this painting, which I honestly don't mind that much.
>>
>>8938942
Eh, it could work... I don't know if it'll look that good with anything but toned-down classic or maybe gothic, but it could work.
>>
>>8938942
This is not the least bit cringe.
>>
>>8938942
>my heritage
>jewish with roots in Israel, Poland and Russia
Strange, I always though this is a completely american thing.
>>
>>8938942
The text itself is pretty cringe, but honestly it could work, especially if you go closer to a dolly-kei route.
>>
>>8938942
I think this is a great idea for classic!
>>
>>8938942
I can see it working really well, honestly, but I agree that this whole post could have just been her deciding to wear it and then only saying this if asked about it.
>>
>>8939021
I think they might be scared of SJWs out there?
>>
seems like she's just trying to hop on the hijab "trend" without being muslim.
>>
>>8938942
Okay, now, this is really pretty!
>>
I think it could be done and look really nice. Since it looks like you can swear fabric with patterns and such, it could potentially lead to really nice coordinating with prints.

Also looks like you can actually show some hair, so it could look good with some bangs and maybe a couple ringlet pieces in front of the ear(depends if it's allowed or not)
>>
>>8938942
This is very pretty, the scarves have a lot of dimension. I like it.

I dont think she needs to start a new substyle or special name for it, but it is pretty.
>>
>>8938942
Now I see so many lovely coords inside my mind. Is it appropriation if I try this as a Christian?
>>
>>8938942
I thought this was only for married Orthodox women? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought young girls/unmarried women left their hair uncovered unless at synogogue.
>>
File: tichel.jpg (214 KB, 584x639) Image search: [Google]
tichel.jpg
214 KB, 584x639
>>8939031
Also googling, looks like some of them even have stuff like lace and sequins.

The tichel does seem like it's more lolita friendly compared to a hijab.
>>
>>8939041
Head coverings are a thing in some Christian groups too(I mean all three of those religions have similar cultural roots so why not), though I'm not sure if they look like these.
>>
https://youtu.be/D26cu3RyRfM
>>
>>8939049
I'll look into it now, thank you!
>>
>cringe thread turns cringe
oy vey!
>>
>>8939045
This looks so pretty, imagine this with country Lolita!
>>
>>8939041
Catholics have mantillas, which are pretty much already incorporated into a bunch of religious themed coords anyways.
>>
>>8939054
I think with the right fabrics, it could potentially work with different coords. Like the top left in OP's image makes me think of classic or even gothic a bit.
>>
>>8939062
Oh. No, they never appealed to me. No chance I could rock that Tichel?
>>
Continuing cringe, check out this anime con commercial
facebook/sausomecon/videos/582302405278612/
>>
http://youtu.be/kW7-YnkI9OI
>>
>>8938942
Is this just a Jewish hijab,or-
>>
>>8939072
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>8938942
No, this is actually great!
>>
>>8938942
Count me in!
>>
>>8939067
Many cultures use some kind of headscarf. The tichel actually reminds me of the kind of scarves worn with Austrian and Eastern European traditional fashion. So don't get your bloomers all twisted up and just wear it.
>>
>>8939139
I'm ordering scarfs right now!
>>
File: Tichel2.jpg (81 KB, 768x1100) Image search: [Google]
Tichel2.jpg
81 KB, 768x1100
>>8939067
If anything, instead of just trying to go with a specific religion, why not try doing head scarves in general?

Besides, if you don't try to stick to the rules of a specific religion, you have more room to work with style wise. Many of the religions that require scarves on the head restrict how much hair you can show(like just the bangs to none at all for example) That way you can wear the headscarf and your hair how you wish.

Though I do recommend browsing tichel's. Seems like people like to embellish there's. Might give you some ideas.
>>
>>8939069
Correct me if I'm wrong but is the name of the con sauce + awesome + con? What is this 2010?
>>
>>8938942
No cringe, just boredom.
>>
>>8939072
what a total cringefest, i can't even listen till the end
>>
>>8939053
Don't be salty anon
>>
>>8938942
>I'm entitled to wear this fugly thing on my head. You, however are not
>Proud jewish womyn
>>
>>8939031
Do you even have jewish enough roots to wear it, anon?
>>
>>8938952
>>8939045
I mean, hijab can be lolita friendly, just that most girls don't seem to want to put forth the effort. Like you can get fancy pins and chains, layer more than one scarf and throws a lace one in there, lace headbands, do the camel hump, etc, but most people go with the simple pull-on al'amira or only use one solid colour scarf.
>>
>>8939043
That's what I thought too, can any Jewish anons weigh in on this? Pretty sure Fahr isn't married so...
>>
The entire COF thread is cringe right now
>>
>>8939280
Traditionally, married Orthodox Jewish women are expected to cover their hair with something because their hair is seen as something of beauty that only their husbands should see. Unmarried women and young girls do not have to cover their hair. I'm sure this rule was more strict a while ago but now most Jewish women I know either don't follow this or cover their hair with something more relaxed like a wig or lighter scarf. The ones who do cover are seen as pretty conservative. I'm from America though so mileage may vary depending on the country you're from.

I don't think it's strictly against any rules to cover your hair as an unmarried woman. Again, at least not in more relaxed communities. Unless she's from a place where this rule is strictly enforced it might be seen as a little weird for her to do it but it's not outright wrong.

It's honestly not that big of a deal, and I feel like it's similar to anyone from any other culture wearing traditional clothes. Even if it's not the right time to wear them, if you're doing it with respect and trying to connect to your culture it's really nothing bad.
>>
File: pt2016_03_30_20_06_11.jpg (128 KB, 640x896) Image search: [Google]
pt2016_03_30_20_06_11.jpg
128 KB, 640x896
I do love the smell of annoying noob any time of day.
>>
>>8939358
okay but what's with newbies and oversharing though?
>>
If anyone wants more info on tichels and headscarves, check out: http://wrapunzel.com/

Sage for not being cringe I guess.
>>
>>8939280
It isn't against the rules to wear it, but if it's a religious element and she's wearing it just because she thinks it looks nice, then it really doesn't matter if she's Jewish or not because she's just appropriating (in a non negative sense) it from one use to another. It's basically just for married women, if she isn't married then she isn't wearing it in a religious sense. There is nothing wrong with that, clothing is personal.

I go to a reformed synagogue and there is only one woman who covers her hair by wearing a kippot. Even the orthodox one I have been to, I have never seen anybody cover their hair. I like the tichel she chose as examples.
>>
>>8939069
did anyone else read "sausage con"?
>>
>>8939358
Those bows are fucking hideous. I love Halloween and even the creepy cute stuff but those are butt ugly.
>>
>>8939280
I might be guessing, but I think she is.
>>
>>8939464
>appropriating
Kindly fuck off
>>
>>8939280
She is iirc
>>
>>8940009
Well thn, case closed.
>>
>>8940008
Excuse me, there is a limit. Using items from your own culture how you see fit isn't appropriating. This whole appropriation bullshit has limits. Fuck off!
>>
>>8939617
even the guy doing the voice-over misreads it as sausagecon several times

good luck with that, sausagecon
>>
>>8940007
She is, she posted about it last year, I think.
>>
>>8939262
Whether hijab can or cannot be lolita friendly depends on the school/branch/culture the person belongs to. Some women can go all out with the layers and the bling and even a bit of hair showing, others absolutely have to look like a thumb tightly wrapped with a single piece solid fabric otherwise they're doing it wrong. The latter can never be lolita friendly.

>>8939280
OP is Fahrlight? Okay, now I understand the cringe.
>>
>>8939041
>dresses Lolita
>cares about appropriation
>>
>>8940037
She is Jewish and wants to wear a scarf, no big deal.
>>
>>8940037
The username is somebody else.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 576x960
Great collection of the ugliest, most boring figures ever made.

It's also crazy to think how much that collection cost. Pops run at what, 10-20 quid each?
>>
>>8940075
urgh, so much wasted money.

I want to sell my Pops, I have a few GoT ones that just sit collecting dust on my bottom figure shelf. They don't have boxes though, so i would have to sell them super cheap. Better than nothing i guess, though.

My friend has a few that I really like though- she has some WoW ones and a limited edition Smaug one which i think looks cool.

But honestly, why bother collecting Pops when you could have some amazing proper figurines with the money you would've spent on them? They look an awful lot better on display.
>>
>>8940075
Oh god those
They don't even have a collection value. Ive seen them at local toy stores, hell, even a supermarket
>>
>>8938942
How is this cringe? It's pretty creative and could work with lolita. If a mantilla is fine, I don't see why someone can't try unique religious headwear like this.
>>
>>8939358
Good to know she follows the paleo diet, it's such a relevant piece of information to add to a post about fashion advice.
>>
>>8940053

Ribbonplague is her Lolita blog, it's Fahr.
>>
>>8940095
Fahr is an ok Lolita, nothing to see here. The headscarf might even improve her style. Who knows?
>>
>>8940075
One of my old coworkers used to collect them, repaint them, and make props for them. I think he was working on Jack last time I spoke to him, he was building a mini Black Pearl to display him on.
Something like this, though... why? They all just blend together, I didn't even realize the Lion King ones were animals until I looked at the picture properly. I understand having one or two because they're cute, if super bland, but that many? Seriously? At least display them nicely.
>>
>>8940075
>pros
there's practically one for everything
they can be bought at pretty much any store
the big round eyes are endearing in a creepy way
>cons
not posable
square heads
fucking ugly
if you hate them everyone loves them
boring

Nendoroids >>>Pop trash
>>
>>8940103
They are everywhere and ugly as fuck. I hope the trend dies soon.
>>
File: FIGURE-018128.jpg (35 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018128.jpg
35 KB, 426x600
>>8940103
Nendoroids are the best girl of cutesy/chibi figures.

Just had a preordered one arrive the other day and I spent ages just trying different poses and going crazy with the accesories. Also pic related is god tier accessory.
>>
>>8940104
I loved beanie babies as a kid but they were worth shit when that trend died. I'm just thankful it's not as big as a trend as that was, and anyone who bought into it is going to have a lot of clutter/money missing from their pockets when the trend dies off.

>>8940107
that's adorable! I want to get nendoroid accessories and sets but I can't find any. My only gripe about nendoroids is that they dont cover many series and when they do, they rarely make full figures of male characters, but they seem to be getting better about that.
>>
>>8940117
isn't it?? It comes in black + white cat version, as well as pink and brown bear version. I wish I had a nendo i wanted to use with it, but i like them all in their original outfits.
You can order quite a few fun ones- I love the Nendo sleeping bags you can get which work to protect them in transport as well.

Yeh, guy nendos aren't as common, which sucks. I was hoping when they released the saitama one that they'd release a genos one as well, but no luck. D:
>>
>>8938942
>cultural apropriation

Surely people don't take this meme seriously.
>>
>>8939041
It's a piece of cloth, just wear it if you want to.
>>
>>8940117
I love when I see classic Beanie Babies for sale for $1-5 in a bin at the craft store or wherever, because people told me all the time as a kid not to cut the tags because the beanie babies would be worth a lot of money someday.
>>
>>8940075
I have a few of my favourite characters and I think they're pretty cute but I really don't understand the people who buy that many or has to have ALL of them. They aren't that cute
>>
>>8940140
I remember seeing them for sale back when they were 'a worthwhile investment' and they were so expensive, I picked up loads after the hype died down for less than a pound each because the charity shops in my area were flooded with the things. Some were piled in boxes in mint condition, wrapped in tissue paper and labeled and everything. I was overjoyed then but I feel so bad for the people who invested in them now.
>>
>>8940075
You ever notice that the cosplayers with the biggest collections if these have the shittiest costumes. Maybe put some of that disposable income into learning some skills.
>>
>>8940075
I'll buy these up if they're available for certain games. I currently have a Big Daddy sitting on my work desk. They're sturdy and cheap, unlike other figures that break at the lightest touch.

But Jesus Christ, this collection is too fucking much.
>>
>>8940138
People might be hating though.
>>
>>8940161
Who gives a shit
SJWs hate everything anyway
>>
>>8939041
I think as long as you don't call it a tichel or style it strictly as one then you're fine. If you're not wearing it for religious reasons it's just a scarf, in my mind. Sort of like wearing a rosary-style necklace - it's not an important religious prayer ritual, at that point it's just jewelry.
>>
>>8940172
Just call it what it is. You don't call a Tiffany lamp a "hunk of glass" because you put it in your mobile home.
>>
>>8940186
I think people will always find a way to get offended about nonsense like this. just wear what you want, but be prepared for some backlash.
>>
>>8940075
They spent $1400+ on that collection if they bought them new. There are 124 visible figures, several of which cost more than the ~$11 average. I have three pops, which is about as many pop figures as I'd want to have. They're knick knacks. Any sort of pop culture collecting is a money pit, though. If you're going to spend $1400 on your pop culture hobby, nicer figures, or cosplay, gaming computers, or anything else aren't an investment, either. They'll be close to worthless if/when you want to unload them. Might as well spend it on pops if you love them (apparently) this much.
>>
>>8939049
I am Apostolic (another Christian denomination) and we have veils for services. I have worn my cream and gold one with a classic coord before, it goes nicely.
>>
>>8940305
Nigga you do know it's really fucking cheap to fly to Germany from the UK nowadays, right? It's like 60€ with Ryanair
>>
>>8938942
At least she realizes it would look shitty with sweet
>>
honestly I see people bitch about Fahr a lot but I've never seen anybody from the comm she was in in Germany talk about what she's actually like.
>>
>>8940008
Shes treating religious elements as a fashion element, so yeah it is. Even if she is from that religion.
But appropriation doesn't matter, that's why I said "in a non negative sense".
>>
>>8940362
What the fuck. I just paid almost $300 to fly from Texas to Washington State.
>>
>>8940122
there's been a genos nendo announced, but as far as i've seen, no solid release date? i saw pictures on twitter.
>>
>>8940362
This.

It's cheaper to fly from my Uni city in the North of England to Berlin and then fly down to to my homecity in south england than it is to go direct via train.
>>
>>8938942
I don't hate this at all? Really, it's weirding me out that I like it so much... The pale blue one in the middle of the top row is particularly nice.

Maybe I'd hate this more if I knew who this was or something.
>>
>>8940305
topkek! she literally lives in the city next to me, I see her all the time going to Scottish cons.
>>
>>8940522
You are so full of shit, mate.
>>
>>8940522
I am from her old comm in hamburg. she is a lovely human being. Never ever weird, never snobby, never demanding attention. she hosted the cutest meets, with quality cake, tea and a raffle with actual brand items.she also became friends with one of my best friends, who also will agree that she is lovely. she never forced her hobbies, or her efame on anyone in the comm. she sold me one of his books after I asked her to do so. it's cute and harmless, nothing sexual or cringey. the artwork is ok, the story was a little hard to follow.

she does not believe she is loki, like any other cosplay out there. you guys are just idiots.
>>
>>8940075
I only have a few Star Wars Pop dolls because I got them as Christmas gifts. Other than that, if I ever collected stuff like this as a hobby, I would spend a bit more money on better stuff.
>>
>>8940546
wasn't there even some documentation thing about her switching between male/Loki and female/lolita as a proud genderfluid or some shit?
>>
>>8940729
>>8940546
>>8940762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqAchoYHZM
>>
>>8939358
>MTFs that have absolutely no concept of feminine fashion

What else is new.
>>
>>8940075
>the beanie babies of 2016
>>
>>8940075
I fucking hate these. Everyone at my work has at least 5+ of these things.
>>
>>8940776
It always seems like they see it as a fetish or something, or a costume
'teehee today I'm gonna be a cute frilly girl! :3333 hello fellow ladies? *curtains* How do you do?'
The few who act and dress normal I can take seriously but lolita always seems to attract the creepy ones
>>
>>8940782
Curtsies* i hate my phone
>>
>>8940075
I think pops are freaking adorable (sans the terrifying Olaf and Steven) but that many of them? Really?
>>
>>8940783
I'm picturing someone curtsying but their skirt is curtains and draws back as they sink to the ground
>>
>>8940043
>implying Lolita is appropriation
>>
>>8940782
All I'm imagining is this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4THO9-N--k4
>>
File: Gusgus.jpg (249 KB, 670x501) Image search: [Google]
Gusgus.jpg
249 KB, 670x501
>>8940075
I've got a couple from series I like. I can understand having a few, but a huge collection is just, ehh.

DIscussion threads pop on /toy/ come up and most people dislike them too, with the exception being the ones that are non human or aren't the specific pop shape.

Like, I want the Gus Gus one because it's cute as hell. But I have no interest in the Cinderella one.
>>
>>8940881
>implying lolita isn't appropriation
>>
>>8940075
That is a really ugly display. I have three of Disney princesses that I like, but I picked them up for cheaper than list price knowing full well that they'd end up in a donation bin if I ever got rid of them. But, hey, that would be a cute princess toy for a kid who wouldn't have one otherwise, so I don't feel like it was a bad thing. 100+ is way too many, imo.
>>
>>8938993
Yeah, it is. That's why she only has Euro 'roots'.
>>
>>8940075
I like the look of that Scar from the Lion King. The only pop I own is a Deathclaw from Fallout. And that's because it doesn't look much like a pop at all.
>>
>>8939062
mantillas are only really used for formal stuff like holy week (week before easter), weddings, bullfights, or if you're an abuelita.
>>
>>8940075
my pride and joy is a limited edition Stan Lee pop that was exclusive to the convention I saw him at.
I've only got two others, though. I don't collect figures anymore. When I was a weeb I did (motherfucking nendroids) but now they're just clutter I have to dust.
>>
File: boxtrolls.png (223 KB, 921x649) Image search: [Google]
boxtrolls.png
223 KB, 921x649
>>8941485
I have two of the box trolls. I picked them up at the 99 cent chain store during the holidays.
>>
>>8940729
>>8940723

>>8940772
>>8940546
BTFO
>>
>>8939072
I have a strong feeling that whoever wrote that faux feels monologue never actually played the game to completion...

>No matter what they say! No matter what they do! I will not conform to this!
No one has ever said anything bad about Asriel in the entire game, only good things. The only Dreemur that gets talked shit about is Asgore.

>I will go the surface, I will find Frisk! I will find mom and dad!!
wtf is this AU shit
>>
>>8941490
The Tichel is a part of almost every Israeli woman's wardrobe.
>>
>>8941581
Have you ever been to Israel or are you just talking out of your ass?
>>
>>8941637
I spend my youth there.
>>
>>8941639
Did you live in Jerusalem or another equally religious place? Head covers are generally worn by religious Jewish women which are a fraction of the population, saying that it's "a part of almost every Israeli woman's wardrobe" is bullshit.
>>
>>8941644
I lived there in the late 70s, in a small town. (I'm a dude)
>>
>>8941647
>the late 70s
And you think this is relevant to the present, how? Are you trolling?
>>
the cringe is that i saw the new layout and all these names and i legit freaked for a second before i remembered what day it is
>>
>>8941652
The day when you have to wonder if everything you read is a pisstake, apparently.
>>
>>8941654
No pisstakes from me, sadly. I legit forgot for a second.
>>
>>8941656
Didn't mean you Tanya, meant in general - half of my FB feed is people pulling dumb shite, even some of my lecturers sent me an email to torture me... Ugh
>>
>>8941648
I didn't think my opinion was relevant, I just reacted to the claim that Tichel head scarfs are an American thing. They are not.
>>
>>8939072
Why the fuck do people think twirling around in a cape or dress is interpretive dance.
Actually learn how to dance or don't do a dance skit.
But on that note:
http://youtu.be/Mdtu7w4G8dQ
>>
>>8941644
I live in present day Jerusalem and apart from the women in the super religious areas no one wears the kind shown in the OP picture. The main trend I've seen for headcovers in the past few years are short shoulder-length wigs for dailywear and scarves/hats for special events. Either way, it's only the very religious married women and not the general population. As long as you aren't walking around the religious area no one will care about how revealing your clothes are. We even have our countries main anime convention in Jerusalem.
>>
>>8941726
It wasn't invented in america, or is exclusively an american thing. it's part of hebrew tradition. religious, orthodox tradition.
>>
File: laurie_pin_up_by_fahrchan.jpg (558 KB, 979x637) Image search: [Google]
laurie_pin_up_by_fahrchan.jpg
558 KB, 979x637
>>8940522
Oh God I remember her manga "Losing Neverland".

She wanted to tell people that reading manga about cute shota boys getting sexually abused is bad... by writing a manga about a cute shots boy getting sexually abused (she gave the main character syphilis and made it look like a cute accessory).
She tried to defend herself by saying that she is portraying child prostitution in a negative light, not realising that misery porn is what gets her audience off.

this is a 'pinup' from her gallery.
>>
>>8941911
To be fair, it's not her fault her audience is the way it is. It's just money to her. Chester Cheetah has a massive furry following and the company's fully embraced it.
>>
>>8941916
I think she was just too young then and didn't know how to do a decent deconstruction, so instead of a proper critique the end product looks more like a shota 'Kodomo no Jikan'.
>>
>>8941916
Embracing it is one thing, but Fahr was actively raging against shota manga while creating what was essentially softcore shota manga. The hypocrisy is what annoys most people.
>"stop sexualizing little boys omg it's evil and so are u for liking it!!!"
>draws a little boy in a thong with a gratuitous bulging crotch
You sure showed them, Fahr.
>>
>>8941911
the manga was still honoured by some rather important european child protection council, people who aren't delusional weebs without a brain sucking any kind of pink BL shit up. they awarded her work, legit sane adults. Sometimes you have to make a film or book about an important topic by diving directly into the subject, without sugarcoating it. Why is it a bad thing that she tried to do that (but obviously failed)?
>>
>>8938973
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>8941947
as a teacher working for half a decade with artists coming to several of my classes, if the a government awards her and allows her to visit schools to talk about her manga it won't be without a full background check. such checks are mainly for the security of the students, if she passed them, by school, university or government, her record is most likely clean. trying to pin something on her like child porn is rather useless.
>>
>>8939043
Jewish anon. It's only for married orthodox women, unmarried or not-orthodox women never cover their hair. If she's not married she's going to look totally ridiculous.
>>
>>8941959
We've already established upthread that she is
>>
File: _rentboy__by_fahrchan.jpg (317 KB, 638x460) Image search: [Google]
_rentboy__by_fahrchan.jpg
317 KB, 638x460
>>8941947
>>8941955
Look at this shit and say it again
>>
>>8941962
I don't even know the manga, but governments are strict when it comes to who they honour or let talk to underage kids. they honoured her, that seems to be a fact (?). I doubt anyone here actually read it to begin with, but it surely sounds entertaining to imply that she made shota comics. while in reality she might have used such images as bait or to cause a controversial image for her comics, it could have a bunch of reasons. but it's unlikely that any institution honours a book that would put children at risk, for being a good example against child pornography. it would make no sense.
>>
>>8941966
if any it's pity porn.
>>
>>8941947
Source?
>>
>>8941972
it's on the german wikipedia.
>>
>>8941972
"the artist was explicitly honoured for her preventive work against child pornography. she was the first comic artist to receive this honour."
>>
>>8941966
Whatever ~honor~ she may have received, she still expertly drew, colored and shaded in bulging child dick >>8941911
I don't care what the German government thought of her, she has serious issues and will do anything for attention.
>>
>>8941968
>>8941911
>>8941916
>>8941942
heres an análisis of "Losing Neverland"
http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/434/395
sounds like a paint by numbers softcore bl manga to me.
>>
>>8941984
chill, anon. I just stated the obvious here. she might have issues, I agree, but rationally the comic seems to have done more good than bad, at least from what actual news articles state. speculating on cgl is fun and all but in the real world she got award and spoke openly against the distribution of child porn in comics, that's at least something. I didn't read it, you didn't read it, but it seems teachers and government authorities did. that's all I tried to say.
>>
>>8941986
>If the manga is intended to be a blockbuster, of course eroticism plays a role. But I think the nature of the thing is that there has to be something for everyone. For example, now—because my manga doesn't offer a lot for men—I've given the sister of the little boy in the story [Tim's sister Coline] fairly big breasts. Just so there's something for everyone. And the things keep growing! At some point they're going to have to stop getting bigger. (laughs)

The more I red the stupider it gets.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 1150x126) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 1150x126
>>8941980
It's not on the article anymore. Also anyone can edit a Wikipedia article so it doesn't really count as a source.
>>
>>8942011
it is at the bottom.
>>
File: _boys_next_door__by_fahrchan.jpg (294 KB, 560x676) Image search: [Google]
_boys_next_door__by_fahrchan.jpg
294 KB, 560x676
>>8941947
>>8941955
>>8941966
she got a honorable citation in 2006 from Germany's Council for Sustainable Development for facilitating "social coherence" and "social dialogue", and a photograph of her was featured in an exhibition.
She has blown this out of proportion in her advertising.

this picture is against aids, aint that fucking cute
>>
>>8942013
Sorry, I was on Losing Neverland's Wikipedia page. Still no non-editable source on her awards though.
>>
>>8942015
that's fan art if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>8942029
can we please go back to cringe posts?
>>
>>8941947
>honoured by some rather important european child protection council
>failed
um, anon...
It's art, a critique. Just because you are reading it as you would a normal comic book does not mean that this is how it is intended to be read.
Goddamn plebs.
>>
>>8942020
http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/434/395
has a citation and a dead link to Germany's Council for Sustainable Development webpage
>>8942022
its still drawn by her
>>
>>8942011
Fahr Sindram got this award for her outstanding art and sustainable fight against child pronography in comic and manga. The awrd was later a wonder exhibition in the name of the german government touring europe - how do I know? I was there as it happend as a reporting journalist ;) so U may aswell go and inform yourselves better before U speek ill about one of our best authors in this genre - But Haters gonna hate ;) Ah and luckely just an opion is even less of a source than Wikipedia - Wikipedia - checks on every article btw ;)
>>
>>8941962
>when artists draw hair awkwardly over the opposing eye because they can't draw another
Keeeek
>>
>>8942003
You can make anything into 'meaningful art' and have people nodding in agreement. Modern art is stupid like that.

Someone link the screenshot of that artist being pissed off when his elaborately carved graduation project he'd worked on for months god placed next to a wooden statue of a guy sucking his own dick
>>
>>8940362
Finally someone with a bit a brain in this We hate Fahr so much discussion ;) Fahr is actually flown in by the companies she works for - simple realy if you care tho think before u suspect evil ;)
>>
>>8942045
The geman Courcil has terminate this page to their archive. It´s bee a while since the award was given But if U realy wants to know the truth why not ask the distributor of her manga or the council itself - all easily to be found online :-) But let me take a wild guess - that this is not what this is turely all about
>>
>>8940833
Scarlet O'Hara kei, the girliest kei of all.
>>8940961
This is so cute.
>>
>>8940772
this is so much bullshit. You're not fitting into a gender stereotype? Well then you must be genderfluid, because every women wants to be super femine everyday.
>>
>>8940511
hahaha ameripeasants
bet you don't even have a pet refugee yet
>>
>>8942150
Calm your tits white knight. I was just giving the other anon a non-editable source like they asked. Im not doubting that she got a honourable citation. :-) sweetie :-)
>>
>>8941688
Dude, a contortionist should do a Jojo interpretive dance skit and just do ridiculous poses the whole time,
>>
>>8942037
Sure
>>
File: EmperorsRoyalGuardCSWE.jpg (155 KB, 290x406) Image search: [Google]
EmperorsRoyalGuardCSWE.jpg
155 KB, 290x406
>>8942380
>>
>>8941652
>using 4chan before the date rolled over
>suddenly white and all the posts look different
>"aw shit, how did my computer fuck up the webpage this time?"
>see the icon at the bottom right
>remember what today is

I was ready for this joke to be over 20 hours ago.
>>
>>8942385
Pfffffsh I like the coordinate besides the big block of red, but this is pretty funny.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-06-46-33-1.png (256 KB, 1080x1838) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-06-46-33-1.png
256 KB, 1080x1838
>>8939358
Posted on the holy lantern thread in lolita updates. Seriously is this girl a troll. How the fuck is this relevant?
>>
>>8941336
Would you care to explain?
>>
>>8942737
Also see >>8942517
>>
>>8940037
I know the details about hijab. I'm Muslim.

Those that are super strict about appearance of their scarf wouldn't be in lolita in the first place, though.
>>
>>8942737
holy shit this person needs to fuck off. They also made a post in one of the sales groups asking if anyone had a certain print, but not actually looking to buy it.
>>
>>8942737

>I'm a bisexual polyamorous kinky transwoman pre hrt due to financial reasons i'm also autistic
>>
>>8942795
So you're muslim and know, can you answer my question:
How can anyone who is so religious as to wear the hijab even think lolita is appropriate?
Is it more of a "my hijab marks that I am muslim" thing i.e. symbol of faith, rather than them wearing it because they want to follow the tenants of islam?
>>
>>8942806
You can wear the hijab even if you're not super religious, a lot of women wear it to show their faith without herself or her relatives being full on durka. But those women usually don't look like bandaged thumbs so they can make it work, and they don't wear those nasty ass jeans under the skirt either.

Those who are so strict about it as to wear the tightly wrapped, all-out hijab wouldn't wear it in the first place, if they do they're mostly misguided ita attention whores playing pretend. If you actually wore that shit outside in one of the more fundie countries you'd get a lot of shit for it, and if you're wearing it inside there's no need for a hijab in the first place. Just block out your face.

source: am Egyptian
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-12-28-42.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1952) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-12-28-42.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1952
>hot glues all her cosplays together
>>
>>8942828
what the literal fuck
>>
>>8942806
Well >>8942809 explained it pretty well, but for a more detailed explanation:

Basically there's a ton of different reasons someone might wear hijab ranging from religious identification, removing oneself from the "male gaze", family required it, personal reminder, etc. Religiousness really has nothing to do with it either. There's girls who aren't super religious but wear it, and girls who are at least religious enough to pray and do all the usual Ramadan stuff who don't wear it unless required for special events and visits to masjid.

It technically isn't a requirement to wear it, it's just suggested that everyone (men included) act and dress modest. Some people interpret this as sexual modesty, as in not showing a lot of skin that draws attention of strange men, and lolita falls in line with this type of modesty (save for ero-loli obv). Some might interpret it as not drawing attention to yourself at all, which would exclude all lolita since it's rather flashy.
>>
>>8942835

Muzzlitas should get stoned because the upper body and legs are too defined.
>>
>>8942737
Why do these people always have to shoehorn their speshul into things? Can't you just say 'No, not yet' and save the explanation for the appropriate group?
>>
>>8942828
Jesus, I could sew better than this when I was ten. All I can imagine is them wearing it to a con, forgetting that it gets hot, and trying to hold their costume together as it slowly melts and falls apart..
>>
>>8942828
>don't judge me
too late.
>>
>>8940075
I have 3 of the Mass Effect pops (Garrus, Grunt and Tali), Bruce the Shark, Worf from Star Trek and Scully

I wouldn't get this many though, Grunt is ultra adorable
>>
>>8940075
I only own two Pops and one smaller figure but yeah, that same generic shape and face makes me wonder why someone would own so many. They really are like the nerdy version of the Beanie Baby craze back in the day.
>>
File: wtf - porcupine dildo.png (844 KB, 1198x1745) Image search: [Google]
wtf - porcupine dildo.png
844 KB, 1198x1745
Listing says it's not meant for genital use or for insertion but you can't escape human stupidity
>>
>>8943195
it is meant for genital use, it's just to cover the maker's arse in case someone fucks their genitals up and decides to sue, just like any other disclaimer
>>
>>8942828
Lulz, it looks like it could be an accurate attempt of Wade Wilson's first attempt to make himself a costume
>>
File: GKr1qfhg93o1.gif (273 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
GKr1qfhg93o1.gif
273 KB, 245x170
>>8942828
>don't judge me
>>
>>8943195
Have fun discovering the shit some people are into: >>8920984
>>
>>8941336
how the fuck is a recent fashion trend comparable to clothing that is historically worn for significant religious or spiritual reasons? just fuck off
>>
>>8943299
Lol
Lolita is Japanese people appropriating western Victorian clothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1224x918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1224x918
>when you see it
>>
>>8943609
That period stain is nothing but a tiny drop in a hemorrhage of cringe.
>>
File: tears.jpg (11 KB, 261x219) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
11 KB, 261x219
>>8943609
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 576x1024
The one day I decide to look at Cosplay Amino, this shit shows up.
>>
>>8943653
is that supposed to be shit?
>>
>>8943609
why are meetup pictures always terrible
>>
Anyone else in the portland comm cringing rn?
>>
>>8943653
That looks like fake tan, oh dear.
>>
>>8943609
keeping it classy as usual
>>
>>8943676
Yep
>>
File: 1456937624928.png (190 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1456937624928.png
190 KB, 458x438
>>8943676
We all know who was behind this
>>
>>8943676
share caps ffs
>>
>>8943625
I assumed it was diarrhea.

At first I thought the fat thing in the kigu was what we were looking for
>>
>>8940782
>>8940776
>>8939358
ahh fuck, Can't I just be into the fashion as well as MtF.

I'm walking a super fine line between being respected and being a creeper
>>
>>8943868
not really, you just have to behave not retarded and make it clear that you are transitioning
>>
>>8942809
Is that even a hijab?

I'm not religious nor modest, but I wear scarves like this all the time just to keep my hair in place.
>>
>>8942015
>Boys Next Door

Did.. did she just rip off Kaori Yuki's BL work there?

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Fahr more.
>>
>>8943900
it's fanart, she posted it as fanart.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 210x240
>>8943899
"It's like Slavic women never age until one day it's just BAM another babushka is born. You turn around and that hot chick is swearing at you growing head scarves and a hunch back."
>>
>>8943900
are you retarded?
>>
>>8943911
I didn't see that part.

>>8943918
No. I just didn't realize it was 'fanart.' Unrustle your jimmies.
>>
>>8943924
somebody is just really desperate to hate on that chick. we all can relate, but next time try to do it less retarded.
>>
>>8943929
Less retarded? So not immediately realizing that something is fanart because it's so shittily drawn is retarded now?

Stay salty /cgl/
>>
>>8943653
I saw this today and thought the exact same thing.
>>
>>8943609
girl in yellow on the far left is so cute
>>
>>8943935
Assuming somebody steals character design, because you don't like them and they can't draw? Retarded, also salty.
>>
>>8943764
where the fuck are my CAPS portland
>>
>>
>>8939262
>tfw hijabs always look bad with the styles of dresses i like

hurts, desu
>>
>>8942828
>tfw I just checked the Animazement fb and saw this
Once again I'm reminded that our community is utter shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x675
>>8944215
>>
>>8944215
what the fuck am i even looking at here?
>>
https://youtu.be/62QKEugAuwk
>>
>>8944313
How old are these girls?
>>
>>8944215
I am still trying to figure out what's going on with her tits
>>
>>8944215
I swear failed sexy pics just look like pre-murder basement torture photos.
>>
>>8943868
I'm mtf and i honestly dont think thats the case. The people in my comm have all been really nice, its just about being appropriate and respectful - if you are then they will be too (unless they are just assholes in general, and in that case theres nothing you can really do about it).

There's a difference between acknowledging that you or i are mtf and going on about it like that person. Obviously us being mtf is relevant for clothing stuff since I (and probably you) are generally taller and have wider shoulders than most girls etc. In my case, im clearly not a biological female so people do see that, i'm not shy about it if people want to ask and at the first meet i was happy to admit it when someone asked as i felt that it was a bit of an elephant in the room in a way. But beyond that I dont mention it. Publicly on lolita sales/advice groups is not the place to discuss transitioning. If we asked something like "Are there any OTKs that are good for taller people/can anyone recommend blouses that are good for wide shoulders" im sure people would be fine because its relevant. In >>8942737 they arent even answering the question (the op asked if anyone had received their order, they said they hadnt ordered which is useless), and judging by their other posts they havent bothered to do much research/lurking before posting which is just annoying for anyone.

tl;dr be respectful in general, dont act like a fetishist or something, dont overshare/post irrelevant info
>>
>>8941485
People give me pops as gifts but I did shell out a total of $50 to get the entire beauty and the beast set.
>>
>>8944215
What the fuck, is her whole tit just hanging out from the side of her costume in the right pic?
>>
>>8943974
kys
>>
File: 16-04-03-14-11-47-901_deco.jpg (695 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
16-04-03-14-11-47-901_deco.jpg
695 KB, 1920x2560
>>8944141
>>8943764
>>
File: 16-04-03-14-13-41-794_deco.jpg (641 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
16-04-03-14-13-41-794_deco.jpg
641 KB, 1920x2560
>>8944506
>>
>>8944436
>taller
oh god the feels, I mean I think I would pass as a girl if I wasn't this giant 6'1 shambling beast.

I've always been to afraid to by anything that isn't bodyline because I feel like I would ruin it.

I don't think I'm a fetishist, and being trans is definitely not something I talk about to random people

What dresses do you usually buy? How do you know they'll fit?
I mean there's nothing worse than buying a cute dress and then realising that you can't wear it.
>>
>>8944506
Fuck, just realized the post got cut off. It says "Hey can I quickly remind u that not everyone here is a lady? Ty"
>>
>>8938942
I really love the looks of the headwear in the photos. Hopefully the poster and can make theirs look as nice.
>>
>>8944506
lmfaooooo
typical 'nb' people/dudes panicking at the thought that something might not be entirely about them, wrenching the spotlight back, and mocking people who point out that maybe they weren't meant to be the focus of the event.
>>
>>8943195
that's more horror than cringe to be fair
>>
>>8943609
What am I supposed to be looking for?

Also what the fuck's going on here in the first place?
>>
>>8944215
The only words that can come out of my mouth are "what!?"
>>
>>8944498
Kek
>>
>>8944506
Wow. I have to give it to that very last poster here >>8944509 for telling it like it is.
>>
>>8944506
>>8944509
FUCK OFF ALREADY NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. If you don't feel included because someone doesn't cater specifically to your whiny ass go beg Tumblr for butthurt money and stay out of a predominantly female fashion focused on being overwhelmingly girly.
>>
>>8944215
First time I've seen a cosplay of my nepnep waifu and it had to be this.
>>
>>8944509
caps to the response of the pink reply?
It's so fucking savage and on point
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.