[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sakuracon thread autosaging? Let me fix that. Who's there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
Sakuracon thread autosaging? Let me fix that.

Who's there right now? Who's showing up tonight? What are the best and worst cosplay you've seen?
>>
It's pretty fun, I'm dressed up as burgerpants and at the undertale shoot my hat kept falling off. Lmao gotta make a new one
>>
You should probably link the new thread to the old thread famerino
I'm smoking some medical on the bench near the stairs will trade for booze and/or booze party
Dressed as rock Howard with a terry as mai
>>
I am fighto my way into goods mile right now and going to band maid right after.
>>
>>8931510
I'm also in that line anon.
>>
File: Girugamesh01.png (295 KB, 600x519) Image search: [Google]
Girugamesh01.png
295 KB, 600x519
>>8931364
>Sakuracon thread
>no GIRUGAMESH image
OP is a fucking huge fag!
>>
>tfw never gonna get con-laid

mayb next year, Sakura-con...
>>
File: jim lahey.jpg (132 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
jim lahey.jpg
132 KB, 1024x576
>>8931558
>going to get sex

well thars yer prahlbem bud
always happens for me when i have another goal, like get drunk and have conversations.
thas a good one bud

also come to canada america's a abit strictky on the laws
>>
Band Maid line's already forming. Get over here.
>>
>>8931560
Fuck off lahey
>>
>>8931558
There's always the meet up! Or the rave. Just find a chick dancing by herself and just grind on her from behind.
>>
>>8931558
>>8931560
Get sex? How? I go over 10 years of anime/cosplay conventions and had never sex. I'm not ugly or fat. But... pretty much a socially awkward.
>>
YO WHERE THE FUCK Y'ALL AT IM THE WEEB FUCK WITH THE MAGA HAT HMU
>>
>>8931624
That's your problem: Confidence. Just be alpha for a night. It's the last night so no one can do or say much or remember you.
>>
>>8931648
I'll be there shortly! I'll have the pikachu shirt.
>>
>>8931653
is it the tiny cafe or what
>>
Cafe espresso?

What the fuck does CAFE mean nigga
>>
>>8931664
Yes. Stop being dim.
>>
Anyone at a table anywhere? I'm not shy or anything but asking random people "are you 4chan" is a little out of my comfort zone.
>>
Look for the circle near the elevator. Awkwardly on their phones for the meet up until we get a table.
>>
Now we're at a table near the entrance to café espresso sitting on each other's laps. Dead meet up.
>>
We at the table
>>
You guys still there? Finishing up dinner and thinking of swinging by
>>
>>8931726
Yup
>>
>>8931511
Goodsmile was long but fun am I ight?!
>>
I want to see Girugamesh guy cosplay!
>>
Meet up is dead
>>
File: Screams_Externally.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
Screams_Externally.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>>8931767
No band maid made my ears dead
>go to band maid
>high pitch comes
>ears is kill
>>
>>8931510
>>8931511
>>8931737

>tfw lost all 4 rock-paper-scissors rounds on the first toss.

I am not a lucky man.
>>
>>8931773
Did they give out earplugs again? Seriously ear plugs should be mandatory for all concerts. Hearing doesn't grow back
>>
I'm at cosplay chess. Anyone wanna meetup after it's over? I wanna drink. If you have liquor that's a plus, otherwise I'm getting an overpriced beer I guess.
>>
Anyone get photos at the JoJo shoot yesterday? Still have yet to find any pics.
>>
File: 20160326_192121.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160326_192121.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
BAND MAID has one hell of a rhythm section. Turns out Misa is a bass guitar god!
>>
>>8931792
J-ROCK!

>>8931829
GIRUGAMESH!
>>
>>8931829
I wound up on the opposite side of the stage. I was supremely disappointed.
>>
>>8931815
I may join. What cosplay are you in?
>>
>>8931846
Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi
>>
Should I get band maid autograph or go to seven deadly since panel?
>>
>>8931871
The autograph line is stagnant with 40 minutes to go. Go to the other panel.
>>
>>8931872
if the band wants to they will sign til they run out of people. that's what happened last year with both garnidelia and kanako ito. i would guess that most acts will stay as long as possible because they're thrilled just to be over here. more jaded ones (or ones with more stringent schedules) will not.
>>
>>8931872
But dem band maid girls are cute tho :(
>>
>Missed Connection
to the girl who won the JoJo trivia contest at the pajama party panel last night. You were hot as hell and your matter-of-fact, deep voice sounded really lesbian. I regret not participating in the contest but I regret not meeting you more.
>>
When should I go to stand in line for band maid autograph?
>>
>>8931877
get the autograph
they'll probably stay til there's no one left
>>
>>8931883
NOW.
>>
Well I'm back at my hotel room a bit early. The only other panel I wanted to see wasn't til midnight. Felt like a bit of a slump for the next couple of hours.

Sure wish I could have found that only other LISA cosplayer again. Was looking for her all day.
>>
Earlier I decided I'd go to the Ian Sinclair autograph session tomorrow instead of today.

Then I looked at the schedule later and it was Chuck that has the second autograph session on Sunday, not Sinclair.

Ah well...
>>
The party scene at this con is pretty dead
>>
>>8931979
You just have to know where to look, and be friends with the right people. People in Seattle tend to veer towards very reserved.
>>
>>8931984
>tfw no friends ever
>>
>>8931984
I'm from out of town, been talking with people here but nobody knows anything about parties
>>
In line for late night cosplay chess. Was pretty bad a couple years ago. Probably should've got together with local friends I don't see very often instead (as I did earlier today), but decided to join my roommate and her people. Will I regret this?
>>
File: 1437847210902.jpg (41 KB, 357x356) Image search: [Google]
1437847210902.jpg
41 KB, 357x356
>>8931886
Thanks anon Lol let me tell you a story.
>be me
>be last person in line
>see asian bro running
>started talking to him
>Asian bro had a bro at the front of the line
>Asian bro drags me with him because bros over cuck lines
>mfw I am in front of the line
>tfw nobody stopping me
Feels good man
>>
>>8932013
I'm watching this right now and I want to die
>>
We're out drinking in capitol hill right now. Any of you wanna join?
>>
>>8932081
shit, where you guys at? depending how far I may just walk
>>
>>8932087
Currently at pine box. It's close to the convention center. We're only going to go farther away as the night goes on.
>>
>>8932088
Any of you in cosplay? I'm tempted but I'm still in costume and really don't want to walk all the way back to my hotel.
>>
>>8932091
Shit, we're not in cosplay, but come anyway! We'll love your company.

I was cosplaying yesterday, but i wimped out today.
>>
>>8932093
cool, me and the guy above me heading to pine box now, anyone we should look out for? gonna be a tall guy and a blonde guy in a white button up
>>
We're sitting towards the kitchen, 2 asians and a white guy. A plaid button down, a black jacket, and a one piece shirt under a black jacket.
>>
>>8931821
I got some, but the camera in the my car right now, I might post them if there is still a thread later.
>>
I can't stay awake as late as I used to. I feel like I'm gonna die.
>>
So many lovelive cosplays at Sak. God keeping the power level downs was so hard. Seeing cyber animal cosplay at the rave was awesome. Appreciate their efforts
>>
How long is the merch place open tommorrow? Still got some gift to buy.
>>
File: kirby is not happy.png (55 KB, 207x198) Image search: [Google]
kirby is not happy.png
55 KB, 207x198
>Could've gone to Sakura con
>Could've gotten away with calling in sick at my job for a few days since I've maintained perfect attendance for years
>Found out a few hours ago one of my closes friends who's work schedule prevents us from hanging out for months got 4 days off starting fri
>We could've gone together like we did in the past
>We just found out about sakuracon being scheduled for this week
>End up not going since we missed fri and sat
>>
>>8932266
>We just found out about sakuracon being scheduled for this week
But its always Easter weekend.
>>
>>8931841
Oh man. I managed to get into the center part of the crowd up front, couldn't get many pics of the rithym guitarist since there were a fuck ton of tall people in that direction. Expect some good pics later.
>>
>>8932338
Tall people need to be regulated to the back where they belong.
>>
>>8932361
THIS. The tallest people were at the very front.
>>
Happy, Final day breakfast I hope you found bacon.
>>
>>8932379
Thanks anon. I couldn't find bacon but I'm perfectly happy with this cheese bagel.
>>
>woke up sore throat
>the common con cold
This sucks..
>>
>>8932526
I was illness free for two years. My first sickness hits me as a terrible cough and chest congestion on freaking Thursday. Had to pack all kinds of meds to fight it so that I could enjoy my first cosplaying experience.
>>
>haven't been to this con in years due to moving
>finally come this year
>none of my old "friends" want anything to do with me
>completely ignore me when they clearly see me in the hall
>too discouraged to make new friends
Well fuck you too.
>>
>See Rogue-san at neetup
>Say nothing because complete social shutdown
>Don't see him again

Sorry Rogue-san I let you down. See you next year, good sir.
>>
Did anyone get a picture of the terra cosplayer? Please respond.
>>
hey cgl, how do I talk to girls?
>>
>>8932841
Well, first you open your mouth. Then there's some neural shit that transmits things from your brain to your vocal cords and they vibrate and out comes SPAGHETTI
>>
>>8932841
become a girl : )
>>
>>8932841
Be confident. If you're not confident, drink until you're confident.
>>
Alright guys, con is wrapping up, time to give out those ratings
>>
>>8932841
Just say "GIRUGAMESH!".
>>
Man this thread was dead compared to past years
>>
>>8932841
Just b urself
>>
>>8933030

I'll always rate Sakuracon higher up because it has a Mahjong room. That said, the other reason why it's that high mainly because of the people I hung out with.
>>
>>8933030
8. Partied and drank for three days straight, hung out with old friends, new friends, ran around looking cute as fuck. It was decent.
>>
>>8933060
I miss last year's crew. The people this year were awful.

Why would you come to a meetup on acid.
>>
I wonder how many seagulls were at the lolita meet up. I wasn't there for long, but everyone looked so cute!
>>
>>8933147
I counted 20. Pretty decent turnout! The place was packed with tourists and locals alike, though, so we didn't all get seating immediately upon arrival, but it was great to chat.

Also, the handmade Pepsi-themed dress stole the show at the lolita fashion show. You think it wouldn't work, but she MADE it work. The print was subtle, like fizzy bubbles. I hope someone posts pics soon.
>>
>>8933030

Was my first time back at Sakuracon in like 4 years. Was an oddly nostalgic return. Also wtf is up with the glomp circle still being a thing? I thought that shit died off.

But I went to a few panels which I dont usually do and managed to really enjoy them. Liked Zapps panel a lot, didnt make the one today but the ones on friday and saturday were all in good fun (props to the Nixon cosplayer who showed up for the saturday one)

Late night cosplay chess was hit or miss. Mostly there to watch a few friends, some stuff was cringe as fuck and by some I mean most of it. But there were a few good scenes.

Also enjoyed the "Where Fanfic goes to die" panel.

Cosplays were good overall, though not as high quality this year as I've seen in the past.

And the seagull meet as a bit different. Only made it to friday nights and it was pretty tame. Not the same with out Maguma's story times. But still met some nice people.
>>
>>8933060
this year kind of sucked in general
>>
>>8933030
Solid 8, I actually talked to people and got pictures this year.
Also never staying anywhere but the Grand Hyatt ever again.

>>8933105
Idunno, I just observed from a distance like last year.
The drinks I had with the two anons on Day 0 were more my style, anyway. Sorry I never saw you guys again, I tried.
>>
>>8933157
I loved that in the fashion show! Which one were you?
>>
>>8933160
There is always a next year keep you hopes up and strong.
>>
File: 1410908187109.png (250 KB, 487x600) Image search: [Google]
1410908187109.png
250 KB, 487x600
blarg, lots of people draggin suitcases, hallways are sparse, that group of people hugging a few of the girls crying.

It was 8/10 for me, ran my dnd game, watched animu at night on the projector up in the room (ore mono gatari, how'd i miss that one) ate a lo of sushi, bought a lot of blue rays, had a lot drinks,made a lot of friends.

post con blues gonna hit hurd mang.
>>
File: tfw.gif (506 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
506 KB, 500x283
>>8933226
Hnnnnnnng it's already hitting me I am crying while I am taking a shlt.
>>
>>8933226
>>8933239
>Tfw I didn't learn about the Band-Maid combo thing until after getting home and the shirts were sold out by the time I even knew they existed
At least I got a signed poster, I guess. Did anyone here get a ticket for the photoshoot and how did it go?
>>
had a great con and not reading this thread during the convention made it even better!
>>
Had a fun con. Played a lot of beatmania this weekend, and the karaoke winner this year didn't make me cringe. Good Smile panel was cool too
>>
File: 1451780615444.gif (55 KB, 489x559) Image search: [Google]
1451780615444.gif
55 KB, 489x559
>>8933226
The worst part is tomorrow's Monday. I just wanna chill, watch more anime, and gaze at my new figures.
>>
File: yata.png (639 KB, 596x701) Image search: [Google]
yata.png
639 KB, 596x701
Got to get my picture taken with a mizore shiriyuki cosplayer.

10/10 con for me!
>>
File: DSC_0030.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0030.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3008
hey, to the Cure-tan guy, I apologize. My mission was mostly unsuccessful. I saw one Valentine cosplayer but I wasn't able to get her photo. I saw a few nurses running around, but I'm still in process of editing everything (took like 900 photos).
>>
saturday was the only good day, but since sunday is always a shit show I would normally rate it a 5 for half the days being good.

There is one thing that could save it was a goddamn swap meet for all stuff. That lowers my rating of the con to a 3.
>>
>>8933283
There was a ticket for band maid photoshoot? NoOOooOOoO, got they autograph tho kek.
>>
File: 1453022883405.jpg (23 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
1453022883405.jpg
23 KB, 403x389
>>8933298
Why even post a comment if you have nothing good to say bra.
>>
>>8933435
I guess there was a combo pack thing you could buy that gave you all of the available merch for $50 or $60 and buying that combo pack got you two tickets: one to get a picture with the band and a second that gets entered in a raffle for the signed backdrop the pictures were taken in front of.
>>
Damn, best anime con in a long time for me. I didn't go to many panels but hanging with people more than made up for it.

Pros:
Both of my cosplays came out really well and I got a ton of good pictures.

Neither of my cosplays started falling apart halfway through the day, which has never fucking happened before.

Had a blast reconnecting with old friends, rooming with current friends, and making new friends. Going out drinking with >>8932104 was one of the best decisions I made all con.

Cons:
Dealer's Hall was kinda meh.

I didn't win anything at the Goodsmile panel.

Overall though, this year's Sak easily gets an 8.5 from me.
>>
What is sakuracon like on sundays? I only go on fri and sat, but never bothered going on sun, I assumed sun is just leftovers with everyone slowly packing up.
>>
>>8933458
Damn, now I feel like I lost my hearing for nothing... (concert reference if you were there)
But having they autograph makes everything good again. Also hirose the drummer saw my hana prison school tshirt and she looks like hana so when she looked up her eyes and her shock expression was pretty priceless lol. I think she is my favorite would have love a pic of with just her... damn..
>>
>>8933494
It's pretty chill. Think most people do last minute shopping and watch anime.
>>
>>8933494
p much. I've been to cons where things were pretty alright on sundays, slower by far but still decent content.

the only panel I even kind of wanted to go to today was the zapp panel, but couldnt justify killing three hours doing nothing waiting for it to happen while my car slowly raked up dollars and the traffic to portland would slowly get worse. Showed up for a bit today for general disappointment before leaving.

granted if you go with friends its still probably a good time, but all mine had a long drive home so took off before me.
>>
>>8933494
I go for the fashion shows. There's sometimes panels I like. Plus it gives you extra time to go through the dealer's hall after all the running around on the other days.
Plus games. And manga. And cooling down.
>>
What's the damage this year, gulls? ~280 for me including hotel and travel. Not very much stuff in the exhibitor/AA that I wanted. Kept seeing art that I loved and would buy if it wasn't Haikyuu
>>
>>8933525
abouuuut 500

only 120 of that was for room, had to put a good chunk into parking though, and spent too much in the artist alley this year (got stuff comissioned)
>>
>>8933504
I was there, right in front of Kanami. I had to put plugs in just so I could hear something other than WUUUUBUBUBUUWWUUUB.
I always clip my badge to my beard and they were all pretty amused by that except Misa who gave me a look like "Fuck you, I'm too sober for this shit".
I'm really pissed at myself for not being on the left side of the stage, Misa is pretty much everything I like and nothing I don't.
>>
>>8933525
500 bucks without hotel or food cost... worth it tho bought gift for my friends and stuff.
>>
>>8933525
Only 90 because I live nearby and didn't have more to spend. If I did I would have bought those Touhou Griffon figures I saw on Friday.
>>
>>8933533
I keep calling her Misa soup lol they all are so adorable!!!!
>>
>>8933451
does having a great time not count as something positive anymore?
>>
>>8933368
That milk cosplayer is super cute, and I also need to know if that DDR 2013 cab was from an arcade (doubt it but whoever owns it...let me come over and play for the love of God)
>>
>>8933030
8/10

All three horror panels went great, outside of my fucking videos not working and HDMI cords deciding to fuck up before each one.

Saw someone I hate come into the panel all excited, then get pissed off because they saw me up there doing my thing.

Girl yelling "what the hell" during my horror anime panel made the whole fucking panel.

Got 3x the amount of people to each panel. Fuck yeah.

Love you, Seattle. Now to prep for AFest.
>>
i got sick this year so i only went on saturday :(... but the cosplay I made this year is classic so I can just use it again next year!
>>
>>8933368
>>8933569

That's me! Thanks for taking a pic and also to the anon who said I was cute. I was really happy people actually recognized Pop'n Music cosplay.

8/10 con for me. It actually had panels and showings I was interested in (Goodsmile stuff, Anthem of the Heart viewing was so good. I cried so much at that movie.), Arcade room was fucking A++++ I was so impressed with the rhythm game selection and that jubeat was there, good food a short walk away, and good people to hang with.

Also did the con seem less packed to people than it has in pervious years? I don't know if they got traffic control better under control or if there were just less attendees but it made the con so much more enjoyable for me. It was a breeze to get around.

I was kinda bummed I missed the /cgl/ meet since I had panels I was attending but I'm barely on anymore and since it sounds like people didn't really have a good time maybe that was for the best.
>>
>>8933525

180, would be 160 if we stayed at a hotel instead kf an apartment
>>
File: final_1308084831.gif (435 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
final_1308084831.gif
435 KB, 300x366
>>8933368
It's aight, thanks a shit ton anyways bro.
>>
I had fun. I agree with a couple posters who thought the dealers hall was kind of meh. Still managed to get a few things I've been seeking out for a while. Worst part about Sakura-con is how bloody fast it goes though, god damn.
>>
The Touhou panel was 10/10. Only panel I went to. The push-up contest in particular was great. I really enjoyed all the Kancolle trivia as well. I feel like they could spice it up next year with some Nature's Valley bars though.
>>
>>8933714
Touhou panel was top notch but the Idolmaster panel was even better.
>>
>>8933714
Do you think it'll be uploaded somewhere? It was the only panel I really wanted to go to but I could only go on Saturday.
>>
File: DSC_0377.jpg (4 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0377.jpg
4 MB, 3008x2000
>>8933714
I recorded the whole thing. I'll try to upload it when I'm sleeping. I feel that its going to take awhile.
>>
File: DSC_0593.jpg (418 KB, 1216x879) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0593.jpg
418 KB, 1216x879
this guy was pretty rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI2A8mBTIc
>>
you would not believe how hot arm cannons get.
>>
>>8933673
How'd the panels go this year? I only managed to make it to the tail end of Saturday's (A little before that Hercule cosplayer went up, he was pretty great).
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 213x200
this was weird.
>walkin around
>on escalator
>girl behind me starts telling me how scary the big escalator is
>had like, half a fursuit on.
the tail and pants.
>follows me for like 30 minutes giggling telling me how much she likes monsters and how the escalator "scares the willes out of her"
(the main 2 level one)
>trying to escape
>can't escape
>go on big escalator
>finally loose her
ok.
>>
>>8933828
They went pretty well, all things considered. Spaceship of Love being in that smaller room sucked, and screwed us over pretty hard. A lot of the staff had our backs and tried to help us out for getting us into the big room, but, shit is complex yo. Gonna do what we can to ensure we get the big room for everything, but, easier said than done.

Everything else went pretty well though. Loveline was pretty high energy throughout, D&D was as goofy as always, and MCing the cosplay contest was a blast. My only issues were among my own crew but I'll get around to yelling at them about their fuck ups.
>>
>>8933859
Yeah I was at the Friday and Saturday ones, things were so cramped on saturday! I came in only a few minutes late and I was lucky to get a seat as it was it seemed.
>>
>>8933852

man you coulda got some sweet fur strange
>>
>>8933859
The first year I saw your panel your hair looked like a bleached jew-fro.
It was better this time.
>>
>>8933030
I still can't figure out how the Sheraton sold out of rooms for Thursday night so fast. Was there something else going on that night or earlier in the week? Stayed at a Four Points near the Space Needle that night, a guy in the elevator mentioned a Springsteen concert that night, but I doubt that would fill up a hotel (also, why did no one tell me about that concert so I could grab a ticket?).

The con was pretty good, probably spent more time out in the city meeting friends though. Ran into quite a few people I knew at the con, some I hadn't seen in years. I don't really care about much other than the dealer hall, Loveline, and the AMV contest, so I might be out of touch with everything else in general.

>>8933226
Yeah, what's up with the suitcase draggers? Are they cosplayers? People who come in without lodging arrangements? Crazies?

>>8933859
Only caught the last half hour of Loveline due to prior commitments (I really should come into Seattle a few days early to meet up with friends BEFORE the con, but clearly I lack the foresight to ever plan for that), but I found it enjoyable enough. At least no one got married.
>>
>>8933898
Yeah there was some other convention there during the week (only in the Sheraton I think) and they left friday morning. Ran into a few of them at the elevator.
>>
>>8933898

I managed to extend my room from Fri-Sun to Thurs-Sun at around 3:00 am on Thursday, so I guess I just got pretty lucky.
>>
>>8933859

I tried going to your panels and couldn't get into them since I kept seeing your panels in high regard in cgl;
I see you do a lot like crowd interaction is high and you do a lot of work into it and so good luck on making it bigger though.
I guess the content just didn't click with me I guess or I left too early/got too late for things?
>>
>>8933898
Usually I didn't drive to the con so I have to bring everything in a suitcase and took bus to the con before.
>>
File: 1430342210946.jpg (66 KB, 636x648) Image search: [Google]
1430342210946.jpg
66 KB, 636x648
>>8933852
baka senpai.
your mother and i are very disappointed in you.
>>
File: 1433566708213.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1433566708213.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
>>8933486
>Dealer Hall
THIRTY
DOLLAR
KEYCHAINS

At least I found an artist team I'd been following online for a while already, and they had the best print deal in the place.
>>
>>8933525
About $775 altogether once I pay back my hotel buddy. Might try to snipe a cheaper hotel next time, but there's no getting around the 300+ plane ticket.
>>
>>8933504
every rock concert is like that anon
get reusable earplugs

I shoot concerts so it's pretty much a requirement when you're in front of the stage
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>8933852
>go on big escalator
>finally loose her

HER ONE WEAKNESS

kek my sides have left orbit
>>
File: h006.jpg (46 KB, 441x362) Image search: [Google]
h006.jpg
46 KB, 441x362
>Get invited to three parties because my cosplay was "pretty rad"
>they hand one to my Gf
>she's 20
>Cant go to any because they're all hosted at bars & clubs

My only chance to be cool....
>>
>>8933549
But you are saying it in a way that makes everyone else in here sound like a loser not worthy of you which rubs me the wrong way..
>>
File: THUCxIS.jpg (128 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
THUCxIS.jpg
128 KB, 530x530
>>8933994
You should break up with her, and find a girl that can drink with you. So you can life your dreams. Or end up like pic related.
>>
>>8934025

>you should break up with her

Haha anon, that was the stupidest shit I've ever heard! Thanks for the laughs, bud.
>>
>>8933994
So why not be like, "hey i want to go to this, you cool for a few hours?" and parted ways.
couples that are joined at the hip are a super young thing, but w/e, it was your weekend.
also im 28 so my perspective is different, i had a blast at toios.
>>
File: 1428638001414.gif (187 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1428638001414.gif
187 KB, 192x192
>>8933727
it is done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rirDGXMm7gk
>>
>>8934130
what the heck did I just watch
>>
>>8934025
everyone on this board is drunk i swear
>>
I demand pictures of all your cosplays
>>
>>8934130
oh fuck that's my friends and I right there. Super funny. Thanks for recording and uploading, anon! This was such a shitfest of a panel and I loved it.
>>
>>8934130
have you seen videos of any previous years of touhou panel?
>>
>>8933631
That's what I was saying, and that's the first time I've ever seen a IIDX cab at sakuracon too. I wish I got to play more on Sunday when it was less crowded, especially the jubeat and DDR 2013 cabs.
>>
>>8934514
they used my slides from last years so this one is pretty similar to the last one combined with their anitwitter panel. i dont believe anyone recorded it
there wasnt a touhou panel the year before

>>8934021
welcome to the cgl hugbox how are you feeling today do you need a snack?
>>
File: reverserascism.jpg (80 KB, 484x400) Image search: [Google]
reverserascism.jpg
80 KB, 484x400
>>
Going to panels with Japanese guests is always a gamble because I find the Q+A questions to be too painful/full of spaghetti, but I went to a bunch this year and have to say for the most part people actually had good/well thought out questions.

On the other hand, that one interpreter was shit as always--the dude with the lighter hair, starting to bald in the back. He mistranslates tons of shit every year and it pisses me off. I don't know why the fuck Sakuracon keeps using somebody this incompetent/lacking in Japanese comprehension skills.
>>
File: This cant be real.gif (3 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
This cant be real.gif
3 MB, 350x197
>>8933852

I wanted you senpai!
>>
File: 20160326_100255.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160326_100255.jpg
657 KB, 1920x1080
>>8934249

All I have is a hotel room selfie but this was me

I had a lot of fun seagulls, 9/10 con for me. Caught up with a lot of friends for the first time since I moved out of Seattle. Just wish the dealers hall had more to offer. Got some cool prints from artist alley though
>>
>>8931773
They fixed the audio by the 6th song, then just completely fucked it up again.
My left ear was ringing until the next morning.
I wonder if they just decided to skip out on sound checks.
>>
>>8934672
They were doing sound checks starting like an hour before the concert ( I was in line forever ), so I have no idea what they were doing
>>
>>8933368
Oh, I met her. Shes a friend of my friend's friend
>>8933525
500 for just hotel, They were suppose to give us con rate.
>>
File: _DSC1020.jpg (557 KB, 961x1200) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1020.jpg
557 KB, 961x1200
>>
File: _DSC1106.jpg (763 KB, 1200x1069) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1106.jpg
763 KB, 1200x1069
>>
File: _DSC1113.jpg (629 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1113.jpg
629 KB, 1200x850
>>
File: _DSC1090.jpg (630 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1090.jpg
630 KB, 801x1200
>>
>>8934886
What's this from?
>>
File: _DSC1003.jpg (718 KB, 1200x1038) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1003.jpg
718 KB, 1200x1038
>>
File: _DSC1015.jpg (486 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1015.jpg
486 KB, 801x1200
Obligatory MJ post. How does she always manage to look so creepy, i dunno
>>
File: _DSC1170.jpg (698 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1170.jpg
698 KB, 801x1200
>>
>>8934900
Portal, anon. Wonder why they decided to cosplay such a tired old meme.
>>
>>8934907
Huh? Is she supposed to be popular or something?
>>
Dos anyone know where I can go for suggestions/comments/complaints?
There was an event on the last day for that, but I wasn't able to stay for it.

I had asked at the information desk and they said there was a place to do it on their website.
Anyone know where that is?
>>
>>8934907
damn those bangs piss me off
>>
>>8934989
probably the main email but good luck having it read
>>
File: Cek56k-WwAA6CFD.jpg (77 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Cek56k-WwAA6CFD.jpg
77 KB, 600x800
8/10
This was my first Sakura-Con, 18th convention overall. I wasn't really prepared for how many people were in attendance, or how slow/confused people walk around the con space.
Arcade was pretty sweet, didn't really mind the wait for some games. Met a few new friends here.
Saw a lot of pretty sweet cosplays, makes me really want to do some of my own.
Pic related (me with some cosplay for Easter)
>>
is there any thing to do to meet new people/ or just new experiences in sakuracon? I feel like I just keep haunting the similar panels I do in previous years.
>>
>>8935074
>new people/ or just new experiences
>keep haunting the similar panels I do in previous years

you have answered your own question
>>
8/10
Con was pretty good. The goodsmile panel was one of the better panels I've been too, the dealer hall was alright, and the dance wasn't half bad either.

The /cgl/ meetups were probably the worst I've ever been too. A few cool people tho. Barhopping Friday and again on Saturday with >>8933486 were easily the best times I had at the con.
>>
>>8935058

That's not a cosplay for Easter, dude. It's the official mascot for Hyogo prefecture in Japan.
>>
>>8935083
I've heard the seagull meat up was
Bunk, why exactly? Was it just a nervous "state at our phones" circle or what?
>>
>>8935089
Stare* ack.
>>
>>8935088
Thanks for letting me know what it's from
>>
>>8935105
It was like 15 minutes of awkward forced conversation and staring and then everyone started to leave one by one. The group I was in went barhopping both nights but nobody else at the meetups were really interested in joining. They were also both pretty small for meetups, particularly day two.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 800x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 800x613
>>8935119
Lol everytime. Well, if they're not old enough I suppose that's a good excuse, but that's te easiest way to break the ice "hey lets go ey some drinks somewhere" boom, done, adventure acquired. Must suck being under 21. Glad there was still some good times though, cheers.
>>
>>8935048
Supposedly, if at least 10 people bring up a suggestion/complaint, they'll act on it.
Not that they've ever ended up acting on any of mine.
>>
File: 1457917727783-1.jpg (65 KB, 700x490) Image search: [Google]
1457917727783-1.jpg
65 KB, 700x490
This Sakura Con was my first real convention and I went as chris redfield from Resident Evil but I would have went as Akasaka from Higurashi if I had more time.
I am also just leaving a relationship and I'm 2600miles from home/friends, so I was alone the whole time but I had a blast and bought a shit ton of yaoi comics, couldn't find much bara stuff though which was disappointing. I also Finally got to meet Hazel and Bell from Always Raining Here which was cool. I should have checked cgl while at the con because I had no clue what to do, didn't even think of it..
Oh and the convention center was beautiful
>>
File: DSC_0902.jpg (497 KB, 1113x1293) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0902.jpg
497 KB, 1113x1293
>>8935119
man, I should have joined you guys. That danganronpa photoshoot was pretty lame, as well as the Final Fantasy shoot that happened shortly afterwards.

I miss last year's /cgl/ group. Those guys were cool, and we all had a good time.
>>
>>8933852
Sounds like she was scared her fur would get caught in the escalator. It's a valid concern.
And then she was loopy and exaggerated it to the point of being ridiculous.
More importantly, why didn't you stick your dick in crazy?
You know the saying: Always stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>8932575

If you were sick you should have stayed home. Bringing something contagious into a mostly indoor convention with 15k+ people is selfish as fuck.
>>
>>8934523

except for the lack of nature valley bars, which really detracted from the over-all quality of the panel.
>>
File: 1447891820751.jpg (112 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447891820751.jpg
112 KB, 500x375
>>8933368
>900 photos
Gonna post them in some sort of album when you're done to share?
>>
>>8934989
Your best chance was probably the feedback panel at 6 on Sunday evening
>>
>>8935288
I always do. Its just going to take awhile.
>>
>>8935297
>There was an event on the last day for that, but I wasn't able to stay for it.
What is reading comprehension?
>>
>>8935297
>Your best chance was probably the feedback panel at 6 on Sunday evening
ಠ_ಠ

>There was an event on the last day for that,
>but I wasn't able to stay for it.
>>
Curious what complaints people had about Sak this year? I definitely had some in the moment, but forget mine now so I guess they weren't so bad.
>slightly concerned people will bitch about the Touhou panel and ruin the fun times
>>
>>8933959
What the fuck? What booth was that?
>>
>>8935311
>Zapp panels rooms were too small
>there were people I planned on meeting up with who weren't able to get in

>lining people up in 3s for panels made it easy for people to cut in line

>Card room (i.e. TCG and boardgame room) was way, way to small
>there's a 45 minute window between when the room opens and when it becomes impossible to find seating for the rest of the day
>>
>>8935311
Why is the karaoke room closed at 11 PM now?
It was like that last year, too.

That's all I have to complain about.
The late night hours are the best time for karaoke, when the queue isn't so damned long.
>>
>>8934646
You make a cool Sheik, anon.
>>
File: Buddy.jpg (485 KB, 668x1644) Image search: [Google]
Buddy.jpg
485 KB, 668x1644
>>8935311
>shitty panels
>photoshoot times/areas were all sorts of fucked
>utterly no courtesy among photographers at the photoshoots (other than 999/VLR and, strangely enough, Undertale)
>cgl meetup sucked
>I was too much of a sperg to ask the only LISA cosplayer other than myself if she wanted to hang out
>she was really happy that at least one person recognized her cosplay
>I only saw her on the first day of the convention

worst con in years
>>
>>8935339
What were the people at the Undertale photoshoot like? I kind of want to do an Undertale cosplay next year and go to a photoshoot, but I'm not sure about it...
>>
I've been going for 10 years and this year was just ok for me, I guess I'd say 6/10.
There really wasn't much in the exhibitor's hall that I would have gotten (I really wish I had gotten the other half of the panty and stocking towel some years ago)
Glad I got to see Zapp's panels after missing them for two years.
I'm finally going to cosplay next year, I've said it a bunch of times these 10 years, but I'm actually going to do it. My friend want's me to crossplay, but that shit isn't going to happen...
>>
>>8935311
>So many scheduling changes
>Everything I wanted to do was on Saturday and overlapped
>Concert ran an hour short, post-concert autographs began at their scheduled time meaning an extra hour just standing in line

On the plus side, I might be working on the tropes panel next year if the guy actually emails me.
>>
>>8935323
>Card room way too small
Every fucking year.
I didn't even look in this year, because its always horrible.
There are other rooms on the top floor they never use, I don't know why.
>>
File: DSC_0074.jpg (937 KB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0074.jpg
937 KB, 1504x1000
>>8935351
well again, the undertale fanbase was pretty much homestuck-tier, and the person organizing the photoshoot was a complete nutter (but she was a pretty cute Chara). however, as dangerous at the spot she picked was, it at least gave the photographers enough space so that no one was tripping over each other for photos. Seriously, most of the other shoots had people climbing over eachother for photos. Savages.
>>
>>8935383
>homestuck-tier

mmmmmmaybe by the time next year comes it'l be a little better. I'll hope.
>>
>>8933765

Its Lano Cosplay in case you are wondering

http://lanothor.tumblr.com
>>
>>8935383
Hey, that's ebola-chan in bottom left! I got a shot of her, but I can't upload it.
>>
>>8935311
>Not fucking communicating with panelists about times
>panel mods didn't even realize that there was a panel when we came in
>wtf happened to the Tully's
>con center staff randomly deciding not to let people on the escalators
>>
File: DSC_0066.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0066.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3008
>>8935551
I did as well. Just slowing working my way through the photos. Its a grueling process.

>tfw I'll never be pro
>>
>>8935555
>>con center staff randomly deciding not to let people on the escalators
Yeah, what was going on with the escalators randomly being off sometimes?
>>
>>8935377
>I don't know why.
Because they won't make changes without 10 complaints.
And they only take complaints at the designated complaints time.
And complaints start an hour after the closing ceremony.
And the closing ceremony is after most people leave.
>>
>>8935570
They've done it at PAX and ECCC too. Never knew why.
>>
>>8935570

I had a staff member randomly shout at me AS I WAS ON AN ESCALATOR going up and they were going down the other side, "I NEED YOU TO SHOW ME YOUR BADGE RIGHT NOW!!" Right after I'd shown my badge just before that to get into that very area with the escalator. That combined with the randomly shut off escalators really pissed me off.
>>
>>8935175
because i don't have a penis.
desu i think she was a little soft upstairs.
>>
>>8935622
you should have just pretended it didn't even happen
a) he keeps yelling and going down
b) he yells and runs up the wrong way, hopefully running into someone who blocks him
c) he goes down all the way to the bottom and then jumps on the up to chase you

all three are hilariously dumb
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 531x471
>>8935362
I'm so mad that foam panel was canceled last minute!
>I'll have my own foam panel, with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>8934937
former shitposting queen of /cgl/

>>8934907
she practices the creepy look. That and also meth.
>>
>>8933030
9/10 con, it went by too fast for me. I had an absolutely amazing time working 18 hours all together across 3 days.

I made new friends, saw old ones, and managed to develop relationships (?).
>>
was anyone else forget to take pictures of their own costumes?
>>
>>8935664
Just put your costume back on and take a photo.
>>
>>8935622
staff memebers confuse me.

I remember the years where staff at cons ALWAYS rode your ass if you didnt have that stupid thing around your neck "You cant have it below the waist!!!! or tied to something, or throw it behind your shoulder. NOPE FRONT AND CENTER ANNOYINGLY IN THE WAY FOR PHOTOS"

for the whole con I got away with just tying the thing to my purse and lifting it up high enough for the staff at the doors to clearly see it when I was passing by some place with a badge check.
>>
>>8935672
>I got away with just tying the thing to my purse
>just tying the thing
>tying
Friendly reminder that the lanyard is literally holding a sticker.
>>
>>8935570
Like, at AKon, they would turn them off for the whole weekend and that was actually pass fucking annoying than this.
>>
>>8932580
saltylonely-chan
>>
>>8933451
bc tripfags are irritating and just want to establish a presence
>>
File: when the Joy hits just right.jpg (550 KB, 1204x800) Image search: [Google]
when the Joy hits just right.jpg
550 KB, 1204x800
>>8935664
nah
>>
Throwing in, because I dropped off 4chan entirely by day 2.
8/10 con. It was pretty good for me just because I haven't been around since 2014, and was bitter about that. Saw lots of friends, saw some people I missed from /cgl/.
Didn't show up to second meet because I didn't realize it was meet time and I was in the middle of hanging out with friends that I haven't seen in years.
Spouse and I did our panels. Had packed rooms for two, and the 1:15am panel still drew over half of a decent sized room. So can't complain, I guess.
I must have missed most of the crappy stuff. Feeling pretty lucky.
>>
>>8935331

Thanks dawg. I'm pretty excited to bring it back for Pax

Not sure why the pic is sideways. Stupid mobile
>>
>>8935672
I solved this problem by clipping it to my beard. 4 years with no complaints.
>>
I had a great con! I loved how all my cosplays came out and I went to a few new panels. Repair station was great and fun as always and we even had a few new Darwin awards
>Dude wanted super glue
>Ask why he wants it since he has no visible props
>"oh my fangs won't stay on my teeth"
>nopenopenope
-----
>"Hey can you pin my tail back under my skirt? it fell off"
I figure she means by the hem and it would be quick
>nope she wants it *way* up there
>sigh and get ready to go up her skirt
oh god the smell.jpeg

---
>Another tail girl just needed a secure safety pin
>smelled like cooked cabbage but appeared hygienic wtf?
>>
>>8935083
I was bummed I didn't get to stay at the meet up for long once again over a friend. I tried to go to saturday's, but I found one person and they were with their friends so I just left.
>>
>>8935555
The convention center Tully's was replaced years ago. Crepe stand is still around though. Beats the hell out of the Asian-style crepe stands at Westlake and the International District. And there's plenty of Starbucks...
>>
>>8934907
>>8934937
>>8935644
...would still be okay with. Not that she'd give any of us the time of day or ever swipe right on my Tinder...
>>
>>8934907
I offered to buy her panties once on /cgl/
We did not reach appropriate terms
>>
File: image_3.jpg (115 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
115 KB, 640x516
Con ends still no gf....
>>
>>8934130
Is that flan a boy?
>>
>>8935953
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 500x375
>>8936021
I'm fuckin depressed dudes.
>>
>>8935836

Thanks so much for your guys' service. My kneepads fell off walking to the con but the repair station got me fixed in 10 minutes. You're the real heroes
>>
>>8935836

Maybe she actually cooked cabbage? I know if I cook cabbage the smell will stick on me even if I shower.
>>
File: [screams very externally].jpg (463 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
[screams very externally].jpg
463 KB, 1280x720
>>8935928
The despair is real.
>>
>>8935836
my LED fell out of my arm cannon and they glued it back on. you guys are the real MVPs.
>>
File: image.gif (447 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
447 KB, 500x333
the con is really messin with my head
>at work
>in a meeting
>"wow. this panel is shit."
later:
>going home
>stop in front of stairs
>"is this escalator broken?"
>>
>>8935928
I feel like I might've gotten a new bf
>>
File: 1391587263162.jpg (651 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
1391587263162.jpg
651 KB, 1363x2048
>>8934907
I think it's just your camera angle...
>>
File: 1425640294255.jpg (78 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1425640294255.jpg
78 KB, 720x576
>>8935928
>run into cute cosplayer sitting by herself
>ask for photos
>she seems really happy and leaves a blatant opening to start a conversation
>it flies over my head until I doubletake five minutes later

The feels are real
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.