[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posing in Lolita
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 500x673
Pose inspiration and what to avoid when wearing Lolita
I for one have no idea what to do
>>
http://mintkismet.blogspot.com/2015/08/lolita-posing-101.html?m=1
>>
>>8930843

I came across that the other day, almost can't believe the before and after pictures.
>>
posting cute poses to keep thread alive
>>
>>
>>
>>
gulls how should I do? I want to pose cute but I feel absolutely ridiciculous when I do so :/
>>
>>8933101
oh god same here. The only thing that helps is doing photos on my own, with a timer. That way I can feel ridiculous and experiment but in the end I get some nice photos. Whenever someone else points the camera at me, it's just a mess no matter how hard I try.
>>
>>8933088
>>8933094
I'm going to say no to these poses. The first one has the feet pointed at awkward angles with a huge gap between the legs (why?). The second one has her arm missing from the photo entirely which makes the photo look off-balance. Sorry for the nitpicks but the photographer in me cringed when I saw them.
>>
>>8933310
Eh they are the best I had. Trying to keep this thread alive so I can hopefully learn better posing. Maybe you can give some tips as a photographer?
>>
File: 142705_m_01_dl.jpg (79 KB, 345x518) Image search: [Google]
142705_m_01_dl.jpg
79 KB, 345x518
>try so hard to pose flatteringly in lolita photos
>go to normie/sport/whatever events and there's group photos
>everyone's just standing around with their arms crossed and I'm very conscious of how I'm standing and smiling
>"haha, wow, anon's a pro"
I die of embarrassment every time.
>>
>>8933099
The no neck look isn't kawaii, sorry violin playing lolitas
>>
File: tumblr_npptxjzdxi1rnelqxo5_1280.jpg (110 KB, 589x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npptxjzdxi1rnelqxo5_1280.jpg
110 KB, 589x720
So I'm not very good at posing creatively either, but here are some tips for looking decent if you need to pose quickly for candids or group shots and you haven't figured it out yet.
>arms
My go to is the bag loop+light skirt touching like in pic related. This isn't the only look, but it's fool proof. You don't want to squish your skirt, but you don't want to do the pulling-at-the-skirt meme either. Bending your elbow and just touching the side is good. For the other arm, you can hold your bag in the crutch of your arm, so it doesn't look so posed. If you don't have a handbag, lightly touch your shoulder with your pointer finger and slightly curl the other fingers in so your hand looks pretty. Avoid touching your face because it looks uguu but you can lightly touch your hair.
>legs
If you have skinny legs, do whatever the fuck you want. You can do whatever bendy crossy leg stuff, just practice in a mirror so you don't look like you have to pee. Just don't stand with your legs spread or severely pigeon toed.
If you have larger but still thin legs (like the girl in pic related on the left) standing slightly pigeon toed will help your legs look smaller. Keep your toes touching and your heels slightly apart. Don't get crazy, though. If you point your toes out, your legs will look stockier than they are.
If you have chubby legs, chances are your ankles are still pretty small. You want to accentuate this by keeping your ankle area thin. By bending one knee and turning it slightly in front of the other, you can turn your foot out and create like an ankle hourglass. I'll post a pic. It's not great, but it looks better than just twin stumps.
>head
Just naturally look at the camera. But if you know you're in an area where the lighting is shitty and all coming from above (like a con) you can try tilting your chin up so the lights don't accentuate the unflattering shadows on your face as much. The cutest smiles are the happy ones~
>>
File: tumblr_n6kuxl64WQ1r62zm2o1_500.jpg (503 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6kuxl64WQ1r62zm2o1_500.jpg
503 KB, 500x750
>>8933440
This is what I mean with the ankle hourglass. Her legs aren't very big, but it gets the point across.

General don'ts that I see too much:
>heels farther than 4 inches apart, too pigeon toed
>legs spread
>the backwards step awkwardly executed
>face touching/poking/uguu
>awkward scalp itching arm
>the fucking skirt display thing
>squishing one side of the skirt with a bag accidentally (put a cross body bag infront of you, hold a handbag behind or infront)
>wonky skirt from sitting down
>just standing with feet straight forward and apart
>>
I always have a hard time with pictures because I don't think it comes to me naturally. I have to practice. My smile in photos looks like a wolf's grimace unless I'm laughing at a joke or something. I forget what I know when someone takes a pic because j lack spatial awareness. I'm not very pretty or super skinny so that's not help either. I either go straight up and down or I try to execute an actual pose and either look rigid and uncomfortable, or just weird angles and bad.
>>
>>8933348
i think this is so cute but it makes me kind of sad to see poses where i can't see anything but the side, feet are pretty much cut out, and her neck and chin are obstructed by the wig.

Cute, but i want to appreciate this coord more, and just cant
>>
From what I can tell, it seems like reading posing guides is good and well, but the only way to actually know what you are doing is to actually do it. Still, I can never remember how to hold my body exactly *so* like I did in the mirror.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.