[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was MCC/Bookfair in Leipzig? Is it true the CCL has opened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MCC.jpg (184 KB, 853x853) Image search: [Google]
MCC.jpg
184 KB, 853x853
How was MCC/Bookfair in Leipzig?

Is it true the CCL has opened again for cosplayer?
>>
>>8926793
what convention is this?
>>
>>8927644

>How was MCC/Bookfair in Leipzig?

>what convention is this?
>>
basically it sucked. was there saturday only and there were too much weirdos. wanted to buy a Cohaku but the stuff was unfriendly as fuck because they were talking to some friends instead of selling their stuff, I saw at least two cosplay partners fighting and being annoying, and the cosplay competition was so fucking bad not even one single skit that was not boring or dumb.

don't know what I did wrong because a lot of my friends only talk positive about the bookfair
>>
>>8927723
From what I heard there were many photogs taking pictures not only of the good cosplayers but also of the mediocre to bad ones...you know, the adrenaline from that can lift your impression of something...
On the other hand people were complaining about ignoring the rules/general bad behaviour, so I assume you're not the only one who didn't like it
>>
>>8926793
This mascot, the person cosplaying it and those horrible videos are so fucking cringyworthy.

Who ever does the marketing there should be trown into a river. Who thell thought of any of this being a good idea? It's absolutely horrible.

The part that made me hate the videos most was how unfriendly this girl explaned everything. How can someone being so unappealing used for this?

And don't get me started about the hobos who where part of the video as cosplayers. No, this was not a pleasuring experience to watch.

There is just too much commercial tryhard at the convention when they clearly don't know what they're doing,

At least the ECG is going to connichi, which surely is a better choice for them.
>>
>>8927818
Are they moving to Connichi for sure? That would make sure that at least one or two decent cosplayer would take part in the prelim...
>>
>>8927986
yeah, they announced it this week.
>>
The Avengers group of the ECG had so awful costumes. the skit was okay, but those costumes looked like shit. when cosplaying from a movie at least TRY to put some work in your crafting and sewing
>>
>>8928079
and make up. thank you
>>
I heard and read from many people who's stuff got stolen. One artist got kicked out of the halls before she finished packing and the next day everything was gone because no one was watching the entrances or anything.And someone ended in hospital because they got a glass coffeepot against the had.

Overall it seems like the MMC is a collection point for the worst people.
>>
>>8928135
ain't it in the part of germany where the Nazis are still there?
>>
>>8929173
Yeah its where the SS patrols on dinosaurs ans Hitler works in a stripclub you troll
>>
>>8929173
Yes, it's in Sachsen which is known for being right wing.
>>
>>8926793
>How was MCC/Bookfair in Leipzig?

Well it was a letdown imo, it wasn't really any better than the small convention in the town I live. (Hanami in Ludwigshafen)
There weren't many cosplayers compared to my city and the shows weren't interesting either, although I've to admit that rapping Naruto was a really cool guy.

The people were friendly and I enjoyed the convention, but I expected more, I wouldn't drive 400km again for the MCC if it stays like this.
>>
>>8929296
What I wanted to add, I plan on going to Dokomi next month and connichi in fall, did any of you already visit one of these can tell me if it's nice?
>>
>>8929308
DO IT FGT

those two are the best animu-centric conventions in Germany. Also: Dokomi is run by Bernd and will have a ballpit.
>>
With ECG prelim moving to Connichi I hope there will be finally some german representatives who weren't just sent because the rest of the participants were either much worse cosplayer or had no stage experience at all
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.