[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay Competition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 500x750
I will be competing for the first time and i would really appreciate some pointers of things to look out for and things to expect during a Cosplay competition along with things that judges typically look for

general cosplay competition advice thread
>>
Have photos of your WIPs and reference images physically printed out on paper (put together in a collage or soemthing)
I have done that everytime I've competed and the judges have always really appreciated it. It's always much easier to just hand them the paper then spend your precious judging time flipping through your phone.

It also helps to have your photos/wips out in a way of progress so in the moment you dont forget to tell/explain anything important.

and lastly if you dont know already, finish all your damn seams. Judges will usually get up and pull up/look at a thing or two to see how neatly it was sewn. Also be honest about parts you did and didnt make.
>>
>>8923073
thank you
are there things that are preferred or that win over others? example would be armor. i feel like if you have armor you have the advantage
>>
>>8923603
Armor, ballgowns, Sakizou, and cosplays with large wings have more of an advantage than most other things that enter.

Elaborate props won't help you with jack shit unless you're going for a prop prize.
>>
>>8923603
A variety is better. Good sewing, good armor, good wig is usually better than just armor. But don't do it because you feel you have to.
>>
>>8923616
How come props don't do anything? Let's say I'm making a big solid color dress with a few intricite details plus prop. What would be my chances? How could I increase those chances? Does the stage performance count for a lot?

>>8923622
I'm attempting a variety atm but am afraid my main piece might look plain
>>
The best advice I can give is to make sure you have progress and reference pics. Go into pre judging as well as on stage feeling confident in your cosplay. Before going to prejudging and no less than an hour before you go on stage, make sure that everything is in check, function properly, and looks good on your cosplay (as to avoid any malfunctions from happening). If possible try to be in character on stage. Other than that, be confident, and have fun with it!!!!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.