[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita blogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 2026081_115863255.jpg (91 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
2026081_115863255.jpg
91 KB, 426x640
Share your fav lolita blogs. I need to find back the love i first had for lolita as i am depressed lately.
Dead ones that are deleted (PrincessPortal, accessible via the wayback machine) or don't get updated anymore are welcome too for nostalgia factor. Livejournals are fine too.

(Pic is just some girl from daily lolita)
>>
Bump.
Princess Portal
Electric Space Carousel
Fyeahlolita
Victoria Suzanne
>>
I'm sort of in your situation too OP. Back in the day, blogs gave me the romantic inspiration that made me love Lolita so much, but these days people don't write with that romantic focus they used to.

I sadly have no Lolita blogs to contribute because my favorites were already all mentioned, but there was a blog called The Unicorn Diaries around several years ago and I loved it. It was full of beautiful pictures and the girl wrote it with a romantic, almost storybook feeling.
>>
>>8923042
I love the shit out of fyeahlolita. Everyone needs to spend some time in those archives as far as I'm concerned.
>>
I love blogs like Princess Portal mostly because it was something magical and fun to read. Blogs now tend to want to sell you something rather than provide enjoyment in reading.
>>
>>8924277
fyeahlolita should be a manditory bible for beginners, as far as I'm concerned. I really wish there were more blogs that covered the "meat" of lolita rather than personal things.

Is there maybe a Japanese blog out there along the lines of fyeahlolita? What about Japanese blogs in general?
>>
>>8924296
It always amazes me how little of fyeah is dated. Sure there's a little, but most of her meaty posts are as true today as when they were written.

The problem with meaty posts/discussions now is that for one we feel that everything's been said to many times. The other thing is that, honestly we've lost our center as a worldwide community. It's all about local groups and the international comms are only for efame. When almost no one had strong local lolita ties, we turned to places like EGL for our community. But EGL is barely breathing, and CGL is slower than it used to be. Once beloved blogs are mostly dormant or gone completely. We don't come together to share our thoughts on what lolita is, what it has been, or what it will be anymore really.

I feel like, at least online, lolita is so much shallower than it once was. Yes, it's mainly clothes and an aesthetic, and you don't have to have a specific lifestlye to be a lolita. But the girls back in the 80s and 90s were making a statement with the clothing. They were princesses, but they were rebellious princesses who took to the streets with lace as their armor. Somewhere I think we lost that sense of rebelliousness as a group.

But that's just a romantic's thought on the subject. Sorry.
>>
>>8924354
Don't be sorry. I agree with you completely.
>>
>>8924354
This so much.
I just miss older times...Now everything feels like it's going to shit. I miss blogs, i hate instagram and facebook actually.
All i can do is read the archives of old,now dead blogs and sigh sadly,wishing it was 2010 again
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
>>8924398
>>8924354
I agree with you guys, but the only way for us to stop the slow inevitable social media death of lolita is to revive it ourselves. So many people seem to feel this way, if we all started making more content again and finding new platforms to discuss lolita then maybe we could bring back some of that feeling again. Especially since facebook sucks and brought too much real life family shit and people's self deprecating posts into my kawaii space. Not everything has to be perfect, polished photoshoots of expensive costume-tier coordinates, if we want to make a difference we need to start talking about whimsy again. Make our version of lolita into what we see of ourselves on the inside.

idk though, I'm just a dusty old romantic who still thinks livejournal is a fun place to ramble about lolita.
>>
Has the thirst for e-fame always been that bad in the community?
>>
>>8924432
Oh I just mentioned something like this in another thread, I totally agree! I never really used livejournal (when i started out it was on its last legs, it seemed) but maybe the community needs something fresher but works similarly to LJ? I don't know what that would be though.
>>
I follow quite a lot of blogs, but they're all in Portuguese. I'd like to get to know some from around the world too :)
>>
>>8924441
I think the e-fame thirst has been there since the beginning, but it becoming a big deal correlated with the greater availability of band and places like daily_lolita. Instead of likes or reblogs it was d_l comments, same shit different names. But the rise of tumblr and facebook made it -much- worse.
>>
>>8924452
I've seen a moderate rise in the popularity of forums in some of my other hobbies lately. It feels kind of antiquated nowadays to use forums but it always has an intimate feel to me. I thought they'd died off for good but I'm seeing them more and more again. Maybe we should find a way to make one of our own. Idk why but I've always had this silly dream of seeing an active EGL-themed forum for discussion, where we can separate things like sweet, classic, gothic discussion and generally act like it's 2006 again. There's the intimacy of accounts and identification but still the anonymity of not having to use your real name and soforth which turned me off to facebook. It would have to have some seriously strict rules against dumbass political derailing and unfunny shitposting though...

It would probably never happen but eh, a girl can dream. Maybe someone will come out with a better platform soon since 99% of the internet feels burnt out with how it's basically the same as irl life now, same expectations and everything goes on your record.
>>
>>8924495
But isn't 4-chan a forum? (And reddit) Haha
>>
File: image.png (20 KB, 754x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20 KB, 754x287
>>8924499
4chan is an imageboard. Reddit is an embarrassment to web design and a pain to navigate. I'm talking about actual forums, like the kind you went on when we were 13 year old emos with usernames like xXxBlOoDxAnGeLxXx to talk about our anime OCs. Shit takes me back, pic absolutely related
>>
>>8924527
Haha I see!
I still use forums in other hobbies like programming, and all attempts on Lolita Forums (and BJD) have miserably failed on the last 4 years (But Den of Angels, that work manly as a marketplace for dolls)

It would be nice to see something work for lolita :)
>>
>>8924398
Instagram and FB are where I post most of my lolita-related things. I have been using Lacebook recently as well. I'm trying to contribute and I apologize if they're platforms that are generally disliked.
>>
>>8924495
After a quick Google search there are a number of websites that allow you to make your own forums but I'm not quite sure how they work as I didn't look into any if them. I don't know how to go about introducing a new forum to the community and it be successful either. Maybe I'm getting to enthusiastic about this though!

>>8924590
Isn't lacebook only for coords? Can you have actual discussions on it?
>>
>>8924711
You can definitely have discussions on Lacebook! I think there's a rule that it's fine as long as it hasn't already been discussed, much like anywhere
>>
File: 1434553015123.png (286 KB, 897x735) Image search: [Google]
1434553015123.png
286 KB, 897x735
This may be a long shot, but I’m looking for lifestyle blogs (or tumblrs or IGs or honestly anything because I’m pretty desperate) run by lolitas in their mid to late twenties or early thirties with a career and/or active family life. I’m reaching my mid twenties, getting married and likely starting a family in the next few years and feel like I ought to give up my frivolous hobbies to focus on my job and family-to-be. I spent my teenage years being a total shut-in and my college years studying my butt off and having no time or energy for anything, so now I’m starting to worry that I’ve wasted my youth/freedom.

Ever since I got into lolita almost a decade ago it’s been my dream to run a lolita lifestyle blog. However now that I finally have the confidence, independence and financial stability to do so, I worry that people will think I’m a pathetic Christmas cake for indulging in immature hobbies and not focusing on my career and husband instead.

So I need to convince myself that it’s possible to find a balance between being a Responsible Adult(TM) and living a lolita-ish lifestyle, maybe with a bit of cute housewife thrown in.
>pls respond
>>
>>8924711
I feel like we could really get a forum going if a handful of lolitas were on board with it and let the word get out, started posting coordinates there, having discussions, etc but that's just it, there'd have to be enough people interested to stick with it at its birth. I've found lolitas are impossible to get to do something for more than ~2 weeks.

I actually know how to build forums/imageboards/etc, I used to set them up for my friends back in my weeb days because I didn't like the forum hosting sites and had no social life outside the internet. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the dedicated server space in my systems to build something right now. This thread kind of makes me wish I did lol.
>>
>>892449
Yes yes yes!!
Oh man i would love that. I miss having a cute weeby pixely avatar and all that stuff
>>
I once got an opportunity to meet Skye, and I was so excited because I was a huge fan of the Princess Portal and it raised me as a Lolita. But she acted like I was an annoyance and I got the feeling that she had a bit of a snobby attitude and that anything that didn't interest her wasn't good enough for her. I was pretty disappointed and I don't know if she was just having a bad day or if her sweet character from the blog was just a fake persona, but it ruined the magic of the blog for me.
>>
>>8924842
Pyro42 on tumblr/IG has a real job as well as a massive wardrobe and I'm pretty sure she's in her late 20s. She's moving to the UK with her partner soon
>>
>>8924869
A couple of years ago a forum was started like this with the lolitas of cgl. I think you can fill in the rest of the story.

People are just too lazy to add another form of social media, Facebook and tumblr fill that void just fine for most.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.