[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skincare Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
Post skincare questions, concerns, product recommendations, and other skin related issues here!

Basic skincare routine(s) will be reposted as one of the first few replies to this thread, please open the thread and read them if you're just starting out.
What is chemical exfoliation because we get this question every thread https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/
Useful subs are /r/AsianBeauty and SkincareAddiction
If you have a question, please tell us a bit about your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, acne prone, rosacea, eczema etc), current routine, and what you've tried before. Skincare is very individual and the more information we have, the more we can help
Old thread >>8878880
>>
I'm running low on my It's Skin VC effector and I'm kind of curious about other vitamin c serums. Has anyone dropped this one for something better or should I just order another bottle of the same thing?
I've experienced good results with this serum lightening my PIH, which is basically the only reason I use it. My skin isn't sensitive but I'm prone to acne in my eyebrows and jawline and the PIH sticks around for so goddamn long if I don't treat it.
>>
what are some good aliexpress sellers for general skincare products?
>>
>>8922336
Or just buy from rose rose shop.
>>
>>8922336
I wouldn't trust Ali desu. eBay has some trusted sellers (check out the list on the Asian beauty Reddit) or you could get some stuff from Rose Rose Shop like>>8922715 said.
What kind of skincare products are you looking for? I'd recommend Simple for face/body lotions because it's cheap and good for sensitive skin, but other than that I have no idea where to point you.
>>
>>8924033
im just mainly looking for:
>whitening creams
>face or sheet masks
>serums
>anything with snail secretions
i mainly use "womens" products since they pretty much are the same for guys if not better for my skin
>>
>>8924067
Okay. Go to roseroseshop and buy the following:

>3w clinic 'skin' and 'lotion'
>3w clinic snail peeling gel and snail sleeping pack
>Benton Snailbee essence and steam cream

Find a cream cleanser of your choice and use all of them morning and night.
>>
>>8924075
Ah, right. Benton also does snailbee sheet masks, or Lailly does a nice snail one.
>>
>moved across the us
>suddenly backne
/cgl/ what do i do
>>
>>8924067
Skinfood, My Beauty Diary and The Face Shop have masks that work really well for me.
Seconding the Benton essence, that stuff's great.
As for serums, I use Watery Berry emulsion by Skinfood, it's worked really well so far.
Be careful when buying whitening products. A lot of them rely on people not washing the product off properly to make them look paler, and some are pretty nasty if you have sensitive skin. I know MBD has whitening masks that are apparently good, though.
You need to do some research because some products are better for dry skin, some are specifically made for oily skin, some are too fragrant for sensitive skin etc. There are a ton of blogs that have reviews and you should look at the subreddit for more info. If you're unsure what to get buy samples, they're cheap and it's a great way to see if a product is for you.
>>
completely new to skin care routines. What are some good things to read up on?

I have oily, acne prone skin and most of the things Ive tried haven't worked (i.e. just the over the counter stuff. Went to a doctor once and he gave me benzoyl peroxide as well as Biacna (ziana for those of you in the us) but my skin ended up really irritated and became very painful.) Any suggestions on what would be good to try?
>>
>>8922336
I would either go with Roserose or TesterKorea if you want to get some samples or Jolse.

Depending on what you get, it isn't that much cheaper to get it on Aliexpress
>>
>>8924067
Etude House and Innisfree has some good masks too
>>
File: 1384291045742.jpg (76 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1384291045742.jpg
76 KB, 500x379
I tend to moisturise immediately after cleansing. Does it matter if my face is still damp from cleansing- should I wait until it's dried?
>>
>>8925099
It's recommended that you wait until your face is dry, but I don't think it effects much.
>>
>>8925099
Actually it's better that your face remains slightly damp before you apply the moisturizer, to keep it trapped in.
>>
>>8924874
Basic routine for acne prone skin:
The idea of this routine is
- not to irritate your skin with physical exfoliation (i.e. all scrubs, clairsonics etc.) as irritation can lead to acne!
-help clear up current acne
-provide moisture so that your skin doesn't over-produce oil to compensate for you stripping it with harsh cleansers.

Cerave cleanser/Cetaphil for sensitive skin
Thayers witch hazel toner
Spot treatment for active acne/zits (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, neosporin, adapalene)
Cosrx BHA power liquid OR Paula's Choice BHA liquid OR Stridex Red Box
Aloe vera gel to moisturize (try for a really high percentage of aloe with minimal additives, brand is unimportant)
>>
>>8922140

I have a really basic skin care routine, I only use cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Lately I've noticed the pores on my cheeks seem larger, is there something that will close up big pores?
>>
>>8924874
Frequently changing your pillowcase/bed sheets and keeping your skin moisturized will help. Mizon's 8% BHA is really good, as is witch hazel (sans alcohol). For face creams, The Face Shop's Chia Seed sebum control face cream keeps you moisturized without being heavy or oily.
>>
What would you guys recommend for someone with completely normal skin? It's not dry, it's not oily. I break out a little bit with my menstrual, but usually just a pimple or two. I have slight dark circles under my eyes but not terrible. I've been wearing SPF 100 sunscreen every day and putting a little moisturizer when it's dry, but I'd like to start taking better care of it.
>>
>>8925235
Look up 50shadesofsnail's guide to removing blackheads and sebaceous filaments. Pores can't shrink or grow in size, they're simply there. You can clean them out to make them appear smaller, or you can use poor blurring primers and hide them using makeup. That's about the most you can do. It sucks, I'm on the same boat.

>>8925535
If your skin is doing fine as is, I wouldn't recommend bothering it. If anything, follow the basic routine as mentioned on here. You can use sheet masks every now and again for hydration purposes if you'd like. The important thing to keep in mind is to not go over the top, which could potentially agitate your skin and cause it to act up.
>>
I've made the leap from greasy tomboy to greasy "trying to have a clean face and wear makeup, and not look like shit"

I've got oily sensitive skin with big pores (i guess?), im allergic to fragrances, i have eczema on one of my eyelids, and am irish pale.

Where do i even start?
>>
>>8927700
going to a doctor
>>
>>8927702
Ugh.
I live in a small town and have no access to a dermatologist or anything. I was hoping i could fix this shit myself.
>>
>>8927705
but sometimes you simply have to. Start with keeping everything clean, wash your face and use peelings. Better not wear make-up until the irritated skin is better. But eczema man, better be cautious.
>>
>>8927708
Yeah, im not gonna be doing much makeup-wise till i get this oil slick under control

I just dont know what to use to even get my face clean. i've borrowed a few washes from friends and i just end up oily like 10 minutes later even though it says for oily skin on the bottle.

Thankfully the eczema is rather mild, and only on my right eyelid.
>>
File: 71NmhoGft5L._SY679_.jpg (23 KB, 280x679) Image search: [Google]
71NmhoGft5L._SY679_.jpg
23 KB, 280x679
>>8927711
Try this face wash it doesn't make me feel dry after washing which is i think your first issue. If you don't use a moisturizer then after you wash your face tries to compensate for being dried out as fuck by producing extra oil.
If that was works out, add Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera as your toner/ph balancer after face wash. It really calm the skin. Let that dry a less than a minute.
Then use moisturizer of your choice, most the ones with sunscreen in them burn my skin for some unknown reason so i use a spf base later instead when going out into the sun almost never.
>>
>>8927715
That looks great, i'll see if i can pick some up tomorrow when i'm out. Thanks a bunch
>>
>>8927711
You need to moisturize after a face wash. Your skin needs moisture and it will produce oil if you just keep it dry.
>>
I started a BHA about two months ago and it helped stop my breakouts and everything but that's about it. My skin was clear. however, in the last week my one cheek has suddenly gotten little zits coming to the surface. For a background, a year ago I had severe cystic acne and it cleared up over the span of 12 months or something. I noticed that whatever is coming up now, it is all in spots where big cysts used to be, despite my skin being clear for a few months now. Even though I started the BHA two months ago, is this normal and possibly a good thing? Just the thought of having any breakouts makes me anxious because of the severity of the cystic acne I had. (Plus the fact that I had clear skin for a few months following treatment) But I understand that actives can and are supposed to make you purge, but is a delayed reaction a thing?
>>
>>8928638
If it's where cysts used to be then that's good, if it's in new places that's bad. It may have taken all this time for the old cysts to kinda purge themselves, when people talk about a 2 week purge they are usually referring to surface acne. If it goes on for more than another two to the three weeks though or is in places you have never had acne before, then it is a bad thing.

>>8927700
Try the basic routine >>8925219
and use lots of sunblock. Don't use the BHA on your eczema and try a heavier moisturiser like sorbolene for the eczema prone areas.
>>
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i got some of those Italy Towel things and i was wondering if they are disposable after a few uses or if you wash them and reuse them like a normal face cloth?
>>
File: cry.png (207 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
207 KB, 400x267
do ou guys ever get these bumps on your skin that are filled with sebum? they pop up everywhere all the time
they not blackheads or sebaceous filaments, but their barrage never ceases
>>
>>8928658
Ugh, yes. Hate them so much.
>>
>>8928658
Yeah, they're a massive pain. Sometimes they go away after a few washes with black soap, sometimes they stick it out until they can be scratched/popped, and sometimes the fuckers just sit there for months without budging. I still can't find anything that makes them all go away.
>>
Any products I should use for combination skin? I've been using the tea tree oil and seaweed products from The Body Shop and they work well but very slowly. My luggage was stolen from my trunk today and I'd like to try something cheaper that might help my face more. I get bad acne on my cheeks and under my chin the most.
>>
Product recommendation/routine for dry acne prone skin? I also happen to have enlarged pores wich makes

My current routine is

1. Clinique face wash (liquid facial soap mild) for dry combination

2. Clinique toner (clarifying lotion 1) very dry to dry

3. Serum-> Lioele Pore clean and tighting DR.Ampoule

4. Moisturizer-> Lioele A.C Control Lotion Trouble hunter.

I also do a random mask about once a week after use my toner. After my mask I use sercum then moisturize yet I still am prone to breakouts. I heard lavender is good for acne prone skin?
>>
Sorry if this sounds really stupid, not sure where else to post and I trust you guys more than the people over on Reddit.

I'm not sure what type of skin I have - If I wear no makeup for the day, my skin can be slightly oily when I wake up, but that's about it. If I wear makeup, I become a total oil slick around my cheeks, nose, and lately my chin and my forehead (I previously was very dry over my chin and forehead). I use blotting papers, and it immediately becomes very dry and I have to take all my makeup off and reapply or else I look like a cakey mess... The rest of my face though is always very dry, regardless of moisturizer application. I've tried changing moisturizers, changing how little/much I use it, different makeups, different skincare products.. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Should I start from the start and just go very basic? Check with a doctor about my skin?

I can't go makeup-less, I have redness around my nose and the tips of my cheeks, and every month I get my period I break out pretty badly around my chin. Which is another thing I'd like to clear up, considering I *just* get clean skin before I break out for the next period...

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
>>
Would anyone have suggestions on what to do for scarred skin? I'm a skin picker and while I take care of my skin as good as I can (cleansing, moisturizing etc) to keep it as healthy as possible, my picking still leaves small discolored patches everywhere.
>>
File: 10194324.jpg (11 KB, 504x548) Image search: [Google]
10194324.jpg
11 KB, 504x548
Are electric face cleansers worth the hype? I'm looking at reviews right now and people are either loving it or saying they get the same results with a sponge.

I'm usually very fast and lazy when I clean my face, so I was hoping one of these would give me a deeper cleanse, even though it's still quick,
>>
>>8929228
Your skin sounds combination dehydrated. Try thinner layers of light hydration like hydrating toners and serums. It might be worth seeing your Dr. for the hormonal acne. You can also try spearmint tea and primrose oil supplements.

>>8929267
Look for products with niacinamide, licorice, and arbutin they help reduce the hyperpigmentation.
>>
>>8929546
I have a Clarisonic Mia 2 and really like it. I bought one off eBay for ~$60 while they retail for $120. I like the built in timer and get a fresh face in just a minute. All I can say is be sure to register it! I registered it as a gift and when it started crapping out on me (wouldn't hold a charge, probably because I kept it in the shower), I received a replacement at no cost. Their customer service alone has made me a longterm customer.
>>
>>8929546
How good are those things if you have blemishes? I know that I have heard if you have blemish-prone skin not to do things with bristles or scrubs, etc. because irritating it will make it worse. Should I even bother?
>>
>>8929546
so far i've heart theres a difference between clarisonic and the one in your picture. i have the picture one, and it rotates, and the brush heads are quite rough, even the sensitive ones. since it rotates it kind of "tears" your skin off, which is generally not recommended. i do not use mine.

i've heard the clarisonic works differently and just vibrates up and down, hence loosing the skin and not tearing it off, which would be better, i suppose, but i haven't used one.
>>
>>8929568
Thank you for the help! I'll bring it up to the doctor next time I need a new prescription. Do you have any toners or serums to suggest? I'm aiming to swap out all my skincare products for asian ones since my skin has actually gotten a lot better since using them (despite my problems still being there) but I'm just.. pretty clueless about this sorta stuff, haha.
>>
>>8929905
I have a Clarisonic Mia 1 and I like it quite a bit. The head is softer than what you describe yours to be like and like you stated the head vibrates instead of rotating. I use it 2-3 times a week to exfoliate.
>>
>>8930618
A hyaluronic acid toner can be really helpful for dehydrated skin. I've used and liked:
Juju aquamoist
Hadalabo gokujun lotion
It's Skin hyaluronic toner
My favorite toner for redness reduction is the Nature Republic bee venom toner.
>>
>>8929267
Vitamin C serum is the best thing for fading scars and dealing with PIH.
>>
>>8929546
I really like my Clarisonic Mia2, but I do use the softest brush head I can find and don't use it every day so I don't mess with my skin too much. I use 5% AHA serum most nights and go without AHA the night before I plan to use my Mia.

>>8929885
I personally never use it when I have an "active" pimple or scab or anything. I do like it for scars, though. If you have acne the majority if the time you probably wouldn't get much use out of a face brush.
>>
I have dark purple toned under eye circles. Any products that will help me with that? I know I can't expect too much since they are hereditary to an extent, but anything would help.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for sensitive dehydrated skin? It's different from just plain dry skin becuase it looks bleh and dull and needs a lot of upkeep. I especially need a new cleanser and moisturizer
>>
>>8931080
I have hereditary under eye circles too. They were getting so bad that if I tilted my head down people would ask me if I got popped in the eye, or if I had leukemia. The only thing that helped me a lot with them was switching to a way healthier diet. Mostly fruits and veg and brown rice, no dairy/eggs/meat, nothing "processed", and drinking a lot of water a day. It sucked until I got used to it, and it took awhile but after a couple months without cheating but they were a lot lighter, stopped getting black eye comments. Pretty much the only thing that made a huge noticeable difference, unfortunately. If you're really desperate I'd recommend trying some new diet stuff and looking into it.

L'uvalla's stuff also works a little. I use their milk cleanser as a moisturizer instead and leave it on my dark circles for a few hours and it brightens them up a little and reduces the wrinkles a lot if you use it every day religiously. Makes your face super soft too, and never fucks you up because it's chemical free and good for sensitive skin.
>>
>>8931092
Try the Hadalabo moisturizer! I'm quite new to asian skin care so I asked for advice a few threads ago and got just that recommended. My skin is also dry (partly) and sensitive.

After just one use I could really feel how plump my skin got! (I applied it in the evening and felt the change in the morning)
>>
>>8931141
>reduces the wrinkles a lot if you use it every day religiousl
Holy shit, I need this stuff. How long does a 100g. container last you?
>>
>>8931186
It depends, I try to use a little dime sized amount at night, a little can usually cover my whole face and I apply it a little thicker around my forehead and eyes. Each container probably lasts 2-3 months depending on if I apply a little more if my skin's drier. Also remembered they'll send you up to two good sized free sample packs at a time of a lot of their stuff for just the six bucks shipping. It's really worth trying out, I don't really use anything else now but my skin's a lot better than it was when I was using other stuff.

http://luvalla.com/luvalla-product/free-samples.html
>>
Does anyone here have experience with dermal rollers? I know it's mostly beneficial to older women but in thinking about using one with deeper needles to try to remove the broken capillaries/thread veins from my nose. Does it sound like a good idea? Also general derma rolling experiences..
>>
>>8928658
Whereabouts on your skin? I have really dry skin and often get them in areas where I've often neglected to moisturize, like my thighs and upper arms. In my case, it's called keratosis pilaris.
>>
>>8929211
I have a similar skin type and I've abandoned Clinique. I've found that even the stuff for dry skin either stripped my skin of moisture (cleanser, toner) or made me break out (Dramatically Different Lotion+, took me a long time to figure out that was my problem). First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Wash and Ultra Repair Cream have both improved my skin a lot. (Note: the wash isn't specifically a facial cleanser, but works just as well and is slightly cheaper than their facial cleanser).
>>
>>8925219
possibly dumb question but i grow aloe, could i just directly apply that to my face instead of buying aloe moisturizer?
I'm not to cheap to buy the moisturizer or anything I'm just curious to see if i can finally put these plants to use for more than jsut sunburns haha
>>
>>8928658
Yeah. My acne is pretty much controlled now except for those damn bumps. I can squeeze them but they just immediately come back.
So far I haven't found any products that work on them and it's frustrating because when I try to search online, it's mostly search results for regular acne.
>>
>>8931661
You can but unless you have a whole garden you'll probably kill off your aloes in a few months
>>
>>8930938
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I've just popped the Nature Republic on my ebay cart. Guess it's time to get the last few items on my skincare list. Hopefully it'll get my last few problems away!

>>8931080
As far as natural remedies, I have no clue, but for makeup I use a yellow concealer from Physicians Formula! It's one of the few things that work really well with my skin. It needs a bit of patting to set in properly and to blend with the rest of your makeup, but it works wonders for me.
>>
File: TakeADeepBreath-SPF30-2oz-Do.jpg (25 KB, 589x628) Image search: [Google]
TakeADeepBreath-SPF30-2oz-Do.jpg
25 KB, 589x628
Hihi, looking for some advice on product. I'd like a moisturizer/sunscreen combo similar in feeling to take a deep breath by philosophy (but cheaper, if possible). I have oily skin with light acne but usually not anything severe.
>>
>>8932469
I use a moisturizing lotion by CeraVe (pic related) and it works fine for me. It retails for $13 at Target and $16 at Walgreens, so definitely less expensive than Philosophy. It hasn't caused acne and it keeps me moisturized without looking greasy.
>>
File: 6-4aQ-Qp.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
6-4aQ-Qp.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Hey /cgl/ I tried asking /adv/ and /fit/ but they were no good.

Anyway, I have PPP. its pearly penial papules. It's basically rowes of little bumps in the ridge of your dick. PPP IS NOT AN STD. I have a very mild case, but Id like to stop them before they get worse.

ANYWAY I hear AHA (aphahy droxy acid ) might be able to help me. I bought a cream that says it contains AHA at rite aid, but the results have been pretty mild so far (4 days )

Can any of you recommended me a cream with a high AHA percentage for my dick bumps? Thanks.
>>
>>8932498
>PPP
This is such a ridiculous name, hueh. They're blocked comedones (the same as the hard bumps some people get under their eyes.)

Cosrx AHA power liquid.
>>
Hey guys, I would like to ask for advice about skincare routine. It's for my boyfriend & I have a different skin type than his so I'm not sure what suits him. I'm fine with Asian products as I stay in a SEA country!

>oily skin, especially on T-zone
>used to have cystic acne due to hormones but they are gone now
>nowadays there'll be a few acne from time to time but not constantly
>large pores & a few scars due to the cystic acne
>>
Hey, I would like some help as well. I believe I have psoriasis because I see dry red flaky patches on my face and sometimes on my legs, I have had recurring patches ( mostly near my hairline and over my eyelid). It's mostly on my face and scalp. It's not really severe, but I have had one bad patch on my cheek once that lasted for a few months and it looked like my face got burnt
I usually wash my face once a day (twice if I'm wearing make-up) and I follow up with toner and moisturizer.
The products I use varies depending on what I can get. But I am currently using handmade soap made with goat's milk (bought from the farmer's market) m the toner I use is from LUSH called Eau Roma Water , the moisturizer I use is called Argan Angel Moisture.

I would like to see what suggestions would help with this with products mostly, but I don't mind a new routine if that's going to help.
>>
>>8932532
Would it be an AHA for him or a BHA? Because if they're blocked comedones, wouldn't a BHA work better?
>>
>>8931141
Thanks anon I'll look into that.
Side note, does anyone have any toner recommendations? Never bought one before so I don't know what to look for. I have fairly normal skin, it's just quite blotchy/irritated.
>>
About to try pic related for the first time. I always have bad clogged pores on my nose/cheeks and I'm wondering if this will work better than the black charcoal mask stuff.

Does anyone want a review? Not sure how pictures would come out but I could try if anyone was interested.
>>
>>8933180
This anon here. I'm on Step 2 currently and I gotta say, this nose strip has an amazing scent to it! As soon as I wet it and put it on it smelled like rose water but not enough to be over powering. Definitely giving them points for that since everything I've tried up until now either had no scent or smelled kinda bad.
>>
>>8933180
I would personally love a review! I was going to buy this with my last order but I wasn't sure if it was good or worth it.
>>
>>8933342
Didn't take any pictures because the few I did came out terrible but here's a quick review!

Warning: everything on the package is Korean (which is a given but sometimes you get lucky and it's Korean and English) so all you can tell about instructions is how long to use them, which is about 10-15 minutes per step.

>Step 1
It's a damp tiny sized nose strip that's a bit confusing to use because each end is near identical so it was hard to tell if I had it backwards or not. This I guess was to loosen up your pores or whatever, it didn't seem to do much of anything.

>Step 2
This is the more traditional looking pore strip but since the instructions were in Korean and my nose was still damp from Step 1, I didn't realize until after I'd put the strip on and Googled that I had to wet my nose first. Ended up pressing a damp washcloth over the strip to wet it. This meant it took longer than the recommended time to dry so parts of the strip were hard as a rock when it came time to peel off. Stung a little bit because of that but it got a LOT of gunk out of my nose. It didn't get everything but I was impressed and like I mentioned in >>8933251, the moment I got the strip wet it smelled like rose water so it was pretty pleasant.

>Step 3
A super slimy strip that reeked of mens aftershave cologne. The smell was so strong (even if it wasn't outright horrible) and the strip was so slimy and gross feeling that I couldn't keep it on my nose and ended up just smearing it on my skin and then tossing the strip. However, once the stuff dried I could tell just by feel where the nose strips had stopped on my face because my skin is super smooth and soft where I'd had them on as compared to the rest of my cheeks.

-c
>>
>>8933426
Overall, since I only paid about $0.75 for it, it was pretty impressive but aside from the pleasant scent in Step 2 and how soft it made my skin, it's really not worth the price when I could get the same result with Daiso's charcoal mask tubes ($5 on ebay, my current one is just now running out and it's been 2 years) and a bit of lotion afterwards.
While I'm just now browsing Holika Holika's stuff, they do seem to have a lot of different piggy nose products so there's probably something similar to this that they have that's more budget practical for people like me who don't actually have blackheads to deal with, they just can't stand the sight of those darn sebum filament dots for very long.
>>
i have rosacea and my nose/cheeks get very red and flushed from almost nothing

i am very pale and have to add products like manic panic's dreamtone to the lightest shade of foundation i can find in order to get it to match my skin (i recently have found lighter ones online, but in terms of typical makeup brands, they literally don't carry colors light enough that don't oxidize orange)

does anyone know of any solutions for the redness i get? and how i can achieve a more even skintone without makeup?

i'm very interested in some of the korean and japanese products i've seen (many seem aimed towards people with very light skin), but don't really know where to start
>>
>>8933426
>>8933430
Thank you for the review, I appreciate it! I was wondering that that first step was. Probably very obvious, but is the Daiso charcoal face mask the peel-off face mask in the black and white tube? Cause I have a bottle of that here (There's a Daiso about 15 minutes from my house) and if it's better I'll just stick to that!
>>
If I reacted to one snail-heavy product BECAUSE of the snail mucus, I'd probably react to them all, right?

I usually have perfectly clear skin with just the occasional 'hard sebum pellet' style blocked pore. I used Benton's Snail Bee Serum and Steam Cream alongside my usual routine for two weeks and it was AMAZING. Made my skin so plump and dewy and hydrated. Now I've started to develop sore, tiny whiteheads all over my forehead and I'm pissed.

I've dropped back to my most basic routine for now and after a week I'll start introducing the other stuff back in in case something about them spontaneously changed.

But all of the active ingredients in this serum and cream are also in other Snail products I use and love, like 3W Clinic's whole snail mucus line and Lailly's masks. I'm just getting so frustrated. I can't even move my fucking forehead because it's so stiff and painful.
>>
>>8933909
>not spot testing new products before going HAM with them

you did this to yourself you faggot
>>
>>8933916
I did spot test them. For two fucking weeks.

>Read, dipshit.
>>
What is the stuff called where you put it on your face and wait for it to dry and peel it off and it cleans all the goo out of your pores?
Thanks for any help!
>>
>>8934018
There's.. A lot of those, anon. Just look for peel-off masks.
>>
Ive been using SW basics toner and liked it but now target stopped selling it. I didn't want to go too long without a toner so instead of ordering online I picked up some Dickinson's witch hazel toner at the store, which unfortunately has alcohol in it. My skin is normally oily so it's not killing me or anything, no bad reactions yet, but still kind of skeeved out about the alcohol. wondering what you gulls would do...wait it out with no toner and order some stuff you know works well online, use alcohol toner in the interim, or just stick with it if it's not causing any problems.
>>
>>8934022
Okay, thank you!!
>>
>>8933909
I react to the Benton Snail Bee serum, but not the steam cream. It's unlikely to be the snail if you can use other things with snail in it
>>
>>8934058
Ah! I automatically assumed it would be the steam cream because it's so thick. I'll try reintroducing/spot-testing the serum first, then.
>>
>>8933920
Different anon but I'm not seeing anything about spot testing in your post.
>>
>>8933920
Different anon and yea, your post made it seem like you did both at the same time. But yea, I've read enough routine and HG threads that you can react to one product but not the other. Most of them react to the Steam Cream over the Essence though
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (75 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
75 KB, 1000x750
>>8933730
Yeah, Daiso charcoal mask is pic related. It'll last you a long time if you're not always applying it as a full facial mask. Most of the time I just put it on my nose and cheeks and while it's not as good as the nose strips (only because it can't get as sticky as them and dry as hard) when you peel it off you can definitely see a lot of gunk on it.
It's not perfect but it's definitely the best bang for your buck as compared to paying the same amount for 4-5 nose strips.
>>
Does fast food cause acne? I have been breaking out so much ever since I started eating fast food for lunch everyday
>>
>>8935552
yes
>>
>>8931661
It'll be good, but it will be a pain to peel a fresh leaf every time you do your skincare routine
>>
>>8932754
It could also be eczema. For years I thought I had bouts of psoriasis until I finally went to a dermatologist, who declared it eczema. One of my friends gets eczema on her scalp and back.

Try products with lactic acid in them. You can get a huge pump bottle for $15 on Amazon. It will smell a little like ammonia, but the relief can be worth it.

Also, in r/AsianBeauty snail slime seems to be especially popular with people with eczema.

No matter what you end up having in your routine, though, make sure patch test, and you add only one new product at a time to your routine. Try the new product for three days at least. If you start using multiple products within the same day, and you have a breakout immediately the next morning, you'll have no idea which of the newbies is the culprit.
>>
I have two crater-like chicken pox scars in the space between my eyes and while I've been having some success with vit c on other types of scarring, these are still sitting strong. Does anyone have any advice? I haven't tried vit e on them yet, I wanted to ask you guys first. I know derma fillers can be used in this type of situation but I'm currently on accutane so I'm looking for something I can do at home myself instead. Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>8927708

Up your intake of Omega-3 fish oils. Take about 2,000 ui's a day and make sure to get higher quailty fish oil. The capsules should NOT smell like fish. If they do, they have gone bad. Your bad skin should clear up in the matter of weeks. Wash your skin with a mild soap, dry and apply pure aloe vera (nothing with alcohols) Check your local natural food stores for this or order off line.
>>
>>8935552
It can for some people. As with 100% everything skincare related, your mileage may vary. Just try to stop eating fast food for a week and see if it goes away to find out if it's breaking you out.
>>
>>8934023
Just get Thayer's toner. Comes in rose-water and alcohol-free types.
>>
>>8933920
you didn't say anything about spot testing you idiot
>>
>>8935914
Yeah, thats the plan to order online, but it won't get in for at least a week, and idk if I should use the other stuff in the meantime
>>
>>8935923
Alcohol doesn't always react badly with people-- if it helps a bit and doesn't make you feel dry/tight, just use it until you get the other.
>>
>>8935925
Okay, thats what I was wondering thanks! I'd just read a few places that alcohol was a no-no.
>>
File: 1459273479854-1294793709.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1459273479854-1294793709.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Would anyone know where I can buy this online. I found this at TJ MAXX . I've been using it for a while and I really like it and I would like to get some more when I run out.
>>
Hey skincare general; accidentally fucked up my face:
>was cosplaying through this last weekend at an out-of-town convention
>ran out of my usual makeup remover halfway through removing the first day's makeup
>switched over to a borrowed makeup remover for the remainder of the weekend
>St Ives Makeup Remover and Cleanser
>wash my face about 4 times with that stuff over the course of the weekend (wore facepaint a few times, which was hard to get off)
>turns out it was harsh af
>my cheeks and forehead feel like sandpaper and they kind of burn when I use my regular Cetaphil face wash now

I've stopped using my toner temporarily (it has alcohol) and have been using aloe vera gel instead. I apply sunblock daily. Any other steps I can take to restore my skin to the baby-ass goodness it used to be?
>>
I'm sure that this gets asked a million times, but I seriously can't find the answer anywhere.

How would I go about using an AHA and a BHA together?
One in the morning and the other at night? Alternating days? At the same time?
>>
>>8932469
>>8932494
I'm seconding cerave. I rarely break out when I use this and if I do I'm 99% sure it's hormone or stress related.
Additional comment on price, they almost always have a manufacturers coupon on the cerave website too. Right now they've got a coupon for $2 off any cerave product.
>>
Running low on a couple of things so I figured I'd get the thread's advice before shopping! I'm 23 with combination skin, mostly pretty average-dry with an oily T-Zone and hella sebaceous filaments on my nose. Any added products to minimise those would be appreciated as well.

Currently running low on:
Cleanser - Formerly used The Face Shop Chia Seed foaming cleanser.
Exfoliant - Switched from a physical exfoliant to The Face Shop Jelly Apple Peel or whatever.
Serum - I actually haven't used this yet, but I think I'd like to add a Vitamin C serum into my routine.
Sunscreen - As above
Face masks - I've only used The Face Shop's basic line and hearing /cgl/ disparage against those, I'm excited to try something new!

I've never tried a BHA and other than the aforementioned sebaceous filaments I don't get much of a build up or break out all that often. Is it still worth considering and if so any recommendations there?

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks in advance for any help! I'm running out at varying speeds so I'll be switching things in one at a time rather than all at once, so don't worry about that!
>>
>>8937996
Um, did you read the link in OP? You can use them together or, separately, just introduce them slowly based on your skin's tolerance
>>
>>8938295
>me: 24 with combination-oily skin and scarring

My cheapo suggestions (found in basic stores) that have solidly gotten the job done without irritating my skin.
Cleanser: Cetaphil cleans everything and doesn't overdry
Sunblock: Target's dupe of the Neutrogena sheer dry-touch sunscreen. I just go for anything with 30 SPF or higher; haven't had a problem with this one looking oily on my skin.

(I'm also looking to add a Vitamin C serum to treat acne scarring)
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (14 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
14 KB, 210x300
Will you, anons?
>>
>>8940628
For you baby, I could be
>>
>>8938295
Same age and skin type as yours, here's my routine. Most of these are my absolute HGs so I hope at least some will work for you:

>EH Real Art Moisture oil cleanser
>gentle, pH balanced cream cleanser from the drugstore (I wouldn't recommend Korean cleansers, they usually aren't very pH balanced and are too stripping on the skin, but I've heard good things about Hada Labo Gokujyun and Kose Softymo Marshmallow something)
>Exfoliant: Mizon 8% AHA serum
>Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Mask (great for SFs)
>Lotion: Benton Snail Bee Lotion
>Cream: Local
>Sleeping pack: Mizon Good Night White (it's pretty good, but pills a lot and gets kinda gunky and sticky)
>EH Honey Cera Cream (replacing the above with this when I run out - super moisturising and doesn't pill or make my face sticky like the Mizon)
>Face Mask: EH I Need You Hyaluronic Acid mask (the cheapest way to get these is in a pack of 3 'samples' from the RRS ebay store... They're the same size as the full product but cheaper because they're apparently 'free gifts' when you spend a certain amount of money at the official store)

I've just ordered some Mamonde sheet masks (the flower ones in 'rose'), so if anyone's tried them, let me know what you think
>>
>>8940653
(cont.)
Also a lot of people have been praising the Mizon Snail Recovery gel but I personally didn't like it. Maybe it'll work for you?

Question for you anons: do you stick to certain products in your routine or do you pick different ones whenever you run out? Do you have any HGs? What are they? How has rour routine changed since you started taking care of your skin? How did you take care of your skin as a young t(w)een? Which 3 products would you bring with you on a desert island? I'm really curious to know.
>>
>>8940628
I've tried just about all those printed masks and with exception to the JoJo ones, they all smell really bad to me.
>>
>>8940766
>Jojo face masks
I did not know these existed. I need to try them.
>>
To confirm, Ruby Ruby Shop is legit, right? rubyruby76 to be exact, not used to buying off of eBay yet
>>
>>8940653
Thank you so much! I was already half-eying a few of those (the Innisfree mask in particular keeps catching my eye), I think I'm convinced to pull the trigger on a few now!
>>8939498
And thank you too! Cetaphil was on sale while I was out, double score
>>
>>8940927
Yep
>>
>>8940862
Finally, a face mask I can confidently wear even when I'm expecting a package delivery
>>
File: 474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg (41 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg
41 KB, 309x309
The skin on my face is soft and smooth but my palms are as rough as sandpaper. I moisturise rehularly and even went to the doctors who prescribed a Lanolin hand cream that was meant to retain moisture but my hands are as rough as ever.

For like the first 5 pages on Google of how to get softer smoother hands I've tried pretty much all those methods.

Am I just doomed to having abnormally rough palms or is there anything else I can do to soften them.
>>
>>8942151
I suffered with dry hands for years anon. it takes a strict routine to keep them up.

my daily is
morning:
exfoliate
cuticle oil
cuticle butter
lotion(or coconut oil)

throughout the day I reapply my cuticle butter and lotion. it's best to try and do this every hour, especially after washing your hands

I recommend burts bees cuticle butter

night:
cuticle oil
cuticle butter
coconut oil
gel moisture sealing gloves(wear these all night)

for special occasions and once a week I soak my hands in espom salt for about 15 min or use a mani fizz bomb

you have to really be vigilant with it anon. if you have dry hands you have to fight to get beautiful soft ones!
>>
Has anyone here used Aztec Clay masks before? I have a few problem spots that are so ridiculously stubborn that I just want gone. I've been using a BHA for a few months now, and was even on accutane at one point, but these spots still remain. Does the clay help bring deep-lying cysts to a head? Or will it be too drying since I'm using a BHA? Sorry if these are dumb questions.
>>
>>8942348
I use aztec clay masks along with bha to get rid of black heads and clean out pores following this routine http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

I only use it once a week. For acne it's recommended you mix aztec clay with apple vinegar but I don't really have bad acne so I've never done it. Usually I mix it with some extra strong green tea just because right now I have a bullshit amount of green tea bags so might as well. You could just as well mix with water till it's a paste. Then you only leave it on till it changes colors a bit, about 7 minutes, not until it's totally dry or else it'll just dry out your skin.

Overall it's some decent clay mask especially for the price, it's helps in getting rid of my blackheads, skin feels good after. I have especially dry spots of skin and always have and this hasn't made anything worse. If you're worried of course spot treat first but after you could also only use the bha/clay mask on the problem areas and leave it off the drier parts of your face.
>>
>>8942406
>green tea
As in already brewed or the bag of leaves? I have a lot of bagged tea as well and would like to put them to use!
>>
>>8942491
bagged leaves kind. I smells great. Idk if I buy the whole green-tee-in-skin-products meme but it's a nice calming smell and it doesn't hurt any.

Also add aloe vera too since I've got such a large plant. Thinking of adding some tea tree oil since heard it was good for dandruff and been getting that on my eyebrows.
>>
>>8942519
Interesting. I will look into it! I actually feel a bit under the weather and would like a calming mask.

I use tea tree oil on pimples as a spot treatment and it works well for me. It really dries them out. I wouldn't use it all over your face nor every single night as, like I said, it really dries your skin out.
>>
>>8942527
Huh. Might just try it only on the eyebrows then. I've had good results using it on my scalp for dandruff. I'd have though it would do the opposite of drying out skin since it gets rid of dry scalp.

Good luck with the mask. Again wouldn't recommend more than once a week. Don't let it stay on too long and all that.
>>
Hey, has anybody had any experiences with Perioral Dermatitis?
>>
>>8942541
Dandruff is actually caused by excessive oil, not dryness.
>>
Any reccomendation for masks? I'm looking for something for oily skin but doesn't dry the skin out completely.
>>
What the difference between an emulsion and a moisturizer? And do I need both in my routine?

I have really oily skin so more moisture then better
>>
>>8942825
Nothing much! Emulsion is usually a thin watery moisturizer, while creams are thick. Both still moisturizers.

I have super oily skin too and extra moisture definitely helps to keep it at bay. Skinfood Peach Sake emulsion has a lovely, satiny matte finish.
>>
Does Mederma actually fade scars? Or does Bio-oil work better?
Does anything actually help fade fresh scars?

I got attacked by a dog and have a huge claw mark going down my face. It has passed the stage of scabbing and is now red and mostly healed, but it's pretty wide and so angry looking.

Any advice on helping to fade it?

inb4 google, I looked but I can't trust many reviews for popular products because there is so much shilling
>>
This may sounds weird, but does anyone else have experience with acne and redness around your mouth?

It just started happening like a month ago. I don't know what causes it or what to do about it. Anyone else have mouth and chin acne randomly flare up?
>>
>>8928658
They sound like closed comdones, I have them on my forehead, picking/scratching doesn't help me at all since they just come back the next day. I've heard people have success with Oil Cleansing, I don't like it that much because of the way it makes my skin feel after.
>>
>>8932494
Is 30 SPF enough protection?
>>
>>8942883
30-35 is enough protection. Anything above that is overpriced garbage.
>>
>>8942875
hormones?
>>
>>8942920
Enjoy your premature wrinkles.
>>
>>8942928
Different anon, but if you've lurked enough threads, you'd know that anything above spf 35 isn't actually worth it. SPF 30 blocks about 97% UVB. SPF 50 blocks 98%. So you are paying all of that extra money for about 1% extra, which honestly isn't worth it if you are regularly re-applying your sunscreen. drinking water, and seeking shade when possible. Products at around SPF 30 that protect you from both UVB and UVA are honestly all you need. And there is your daily lesson, newfriend.
>>
Going to Tokyo this week. My skin is shit and I want to fix it. What should I look for?
>>
>>8942875
I have this all the time, and in my case it was most def hormone issues. Once I got on birth control, the acne faded away in the first month paired up with a BHA.

I also really recommend switching to a toothpaste without fluoride, I'm not sure why but it really helped to speed up the progress.
>>
Does anyone have any hyaluronic acid reccomendations? I'm leaning more towards a serum since I really like my moisturizer, but my skin is very dehydrated and could use help.
>>
Can we talk sheet masks? I'm always up for sheetmask reccomendations and I'm planning on doing a haul soon. I really like the I Need You Line from Etude House. I've heard good things about snail products and want to maybe try out some masks of it. I have an allergy to bee venom though, so I can't try that snail bee mask I hear good things about.
>>
>>8943574
I've heard good things from My Beauty Diary and Tonymoly 100 Pureness masks. Personally, I can't wait to try Miss Flower and Mr Honey Hydrogel Mask and Whamisa Fermented Flowers Mask
>>
>>8942944
What type of skin do you have and what are you looking for?
Be sure to check out drugstores (tons all over the place, don't worry you'll see one) that have a tax-free program (generally tax-free after 5000yen+ on cosmetics/skincare) for your purchases. Also a cute cosmetics and general cute goods store called its' demo also has the same tax-free program, they don't have as much variety as the larger drugstores but they have special collaboration items and limited items so definitely worth a look imo.

>>8943574
I love the EH snail one from the I Need You line! I've tried maybe about a third of that line and the snail one is my fave by far.
>>
File: 1439992251821.png (492 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1439992251821.png
492 KB, 800x600
>>8943574
My favourite is the Lailly 7 Seconds Repair snail mask.

>tfw I ordered one of the Benton Snailbee masks in my last RRshop order and it wasn't in the box.
>Forgot to email them for too long and now I feel dumb.
>>
Hey guys, what exactly is a closed comodone? I really want to cry right now, my face is breaking out all over my cheek and I haven't changed anything with my routine or habits. I started a BHA about three months back though, to help keep my skin clear after dealing with some nasty cystic acne. My skin was completely clear up until a few days ago. Having any sort of acne is devastating to me now, but I skimmed the threads and someone was talking about maybe delayed reaction to BHA? The area where they are coming out were where large cysts used to be, or I had like...clear skin but it was kind of bumpy there. Stuff is coming up from those bumpy spots. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I honestly don't even remember what my skin looked like clear since I had cystic acne for so long, that I just assumed I maybe had those spots beforehand. Is this a purge? Is this a good thing?
>>
Vinegar -> Olive oil
or
Olive Oil -> Vinegar
>>
>>8927700

Make sure none of the products you use contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate as it can strip good oils and moisture out of your skin and cause eczema.
>>
>>8945033
It's when a pore is blocked or closed for some reason and the sebum/oil and sweat that are produced inside of it can't naturally escape or be washed out - So it forms a hard pellet under a lump.

Do you mean that those areas LOOKED clear (were not red) but had bumps underneath the skin, and are just now getting visible (red) pimples?

If so, yes. It's the crap that was inside finally pushing to the surface, and it is a good thing! Once they finally get flushed out there won't be anything left inside.
>>
>>8945033
cont. Sorry, looking at pictures what I had on my cheeks look like papules, I guess they are? It was raised bits of skin my normal skintone. They have just been sitting there for so long and didn't feel like cysts.
>>
>>8932754
I've also got severe eczema, I found the two key things for keeping it down are aviding lactose and most importantly get soaps and shampoos without Sodium Lauryl Sulphate as I mentioned here.>>8945044

Especially if you have it in your hairline, most regular shampoos have lashings of it. It's the foaming agent, think anything in beauty that foams has it in.

It does nothing to regular skin but some people are very sensitive to it.
>>
Trying to decide between Ost and Foxbrim vitamin c serums. I have some slight acne scarring and also just want to take some preemptive measures against aging. Skin is mostly oily, and somewhat acne prone and sensitive. Any experiences with either one of these?
>>
>>8945033
>>8945048
it's probably just purging your bha should help with that so keep using it and try a clay mask or something
you can also try oil massaging
>>
>>8943574
Personally the My Beauty Diary Royal Jelly mask is a godsend. Helped clear up some of the most awful acne I've had since my early teens.
>>
So, uh, apparently I'm doing AHAs wrong but it's working for me.

I have 'sensitive' skin, not blemish-prone, but very sensitive to any sort of friction (bright red and sore.)

I've been using my AHA (Neulii's brightening AHA serum) like, 2-3 times a day for the past week.
Once in the morning, once after I shower in the afternoon and sometimes once again at night right before bed.
So far it's making my skin look amazing and soothing the usually redness/sensitivity - But am I going to get godawful side effects if I keep this up? Is there any major downside to using it so often IF I can tolerate it? Will it burn through too many layers of skin too quickly?
>>
>>8945719
Adding to this; The reason I ask is because I only just read the OP's link and it says only one day for AHAs. I use the BHA twice too, but that's whatever.
>>
>>8945526
I just purchased that Mint Julep Mask today to see if it will help. I've heard good things about it so I figured I would give it a shot.
>>
>>8945719
Anon, that's way too much. You have to routines, morning and night, correct? Generally, it is suggested using an AHA and a BHA NO MORE than twice a day. Some people swap, like doing AHA in the morning and BHA at night. Three times a day is excessive. I'd suggest figuring out a new shower time if you like to do a whole routine afterwards.
Too much of a good thing generally turns into a bad thing. ie Irritation, overly drying out your skin, etc.
>>
>>8945719
Are you a neet? Why are you showering in the afternoon?
>>
>>8946445
Not everybody works 9-5 hours, anon.. Are YOU a neet?
>>
>>8945719
Son you better be wearing a bucket of sunscreen on your face every day

Otherwise you've been wrecking your skin something fierce
>>
>>8946468
Generally people shower in the morning when they wake up or at night after work/before bed. Showering in the afternoon is so random? Like, that doesn't tie in with any sort of skincare routine and just seems lazy. Definitely a NEET schedule.
>>
>>8945507
I've been trying the OST and although I think there was initial improvement in my pigmentation in the first 3 weeks it really hasn't been as good as I hoped. It also seems to react with my sunscreen when I use it in the mornings, it balls up and is gross.
>>
>>8946699
not that anon but not really. and who the fuck does skincare in the shower anyways?
>>
>>8946699
What are you talking about??? Do you not sometimes shower before you go out at night, to dinners or parties? Or maybe after going to the beach/pool or a long car ride? Or just weird work schedules? I have long, thick hair so sometimes if I know I can be home for the whole day I'll shower earlier so it can dry naturally without going to bed with wet hair. There are so many reasons. And like >>8946709 said you could just not do your skincare stuff during/post shower.
>>
>>8946699
Anon, I work from 5am-1pm every fucking day. I come home sweaty and gross, so I take a fucking shower.
Do you seriously leave your makeup on around the house all day until you go to sleep? Because I wash that shit off as soon as I get home and I'm not going to leave it un-serumed and un-moisturized all the way up until bed.

If you seriously think that everybody works 9-5, has dinner at 6 and goes to bed at 10, you need to try actually getting a job yourself.

I've just been running my face over with some toner and aha serum right before bed for the past week or so to help with a bad break out - but now I'll stop before it does start to dry me out or something awful.
Thanks to the anons who offered actual insight to the situation.
>>
>>8943574
It's Skin's prestige snail masks are solid. Pricey, but good. I also really like their aloe masks. Very soothing and pretty easy to find.
>>
>>8946709
Howsheltered.ru
>>
File: Cigarette-Spit-Wow.gif (2 MB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
Cigarette-Spit-Wow.gif
2 MB, 400x248
>>8940653
Just dropping by to say I fucking love you, anon
>been using makeup removers, OCM, cold cream all my life
>works okay but never removes all of the makeup and I always have to cleanse after
>see your post
>order a sample of the oil cleanser you recommended
>arrived today
>wash face after work with it to try it out
>mfw all makeup, sunscreen, waterproof eyeliner I used to bust my eyes out trying to remove is gone just like that
>skin doesn't feal like a BP oil spill
>what is this sorcery
Ordering a bottle right now
>>
>>8947156
>feal
ignore me, I'm retarded
>>
>>8946709
>takes a shower
>steam helps open up pores
>does skincare routine afterwards

How are you confused by what is probably the most obvious time to do a skincare routine
>>
>>8946883
>5am-1pm
>real job

sure, anon
>>
Does over moisturizing cause acne? I've been breaking out lately and I'm not really sure what the cause is. I think it's either my diet or the skincare products I've been using (maybe my cleanser and/or moisturizer). My skin hasn't been this bad in a long time. I've been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and Cerave Moisturizing Lotion
>>
>>8947405
Not the same anon but do you really think people don't work shifts like that?? Even I used to have to work a shift from 6am to 4pm.

Also can anyone recommend me some good serums for dry skin and/or uneven skintones?
>>
How do you guys patch test? I usually put a dab of the product in a spot that can easily be covered by my hair.
>>
>>8947401
Pores don't open and close, noob
>>
>>8953810
It's a figure of speach you inbred. What is improving blood flow, and softening the first layer of skin to help with exfoliation and permeation of product.
>>
What's a good facial moisturizer I can get from Amazon? I don't like Cerave. It breaks me out
>>
>>8929546
I have a Clarisonic Mia and I adore it. I always see a noticeable difference whenever I remember to use it.

So for the past week now, i've been breaking out badly. I'm not normally acne prone, I get a zit here and there and that's it. Right now i've got 14 year old craterface and I have no idea what's going on. My facial products and diet haven't changed, so I have no idea where this is coming from. I've tried being more vigilant about my facial care to fix it (clarisonic, face masks, etc) and i'm still breaking out more every day. Anyone have any ideas on something I can try?
>>
>>8948287
If you are overmoisturizing and not cleansing the skin properly yes it can cause acne. Bacteria and sebum can be trapped against the skin.

>>8954888
Has the weather changed where you are recently? Any change in medications or menstrual cycle?

Incorporating a bha in your routine is a great active acne fighter and preventive. But if it is a whole face of acne that came on suddenly it might be worth a trip your GP or derm.
>>
>>8953810
Open pores, like loosening the sebum/skin cell plug. When you open a jar you take the lid off, it doesn't magically expand.
>>
What's a good sunscreen for the face?
>>
>>8954935
I've used multiple ones from shiseido that I all liked
>>
>>8954896
Should I use less moisturizer and wash my face for longer then?
>>
>>8954896
Menstrual just started, but it doesn't have a history of causing major breakouts and it's no different than normal. The weather did get randomly freezing after about a month of nice spring weather, and no medication.

What's bha?
>>
>>8955192
Bha is an gentle acid that speeds the exfoliation of the skin and has anti-inflammatory effects. It helps clear current breakouts and keeps excess sebum/oil out of pores. Common recommended brands include Stridex max strength (red box), paulas choice, and Cosrx blackhead bha liquid.
>>
>>8955109
Yes, if that doesn't take care of the problem you might look into using a lighter moisturizer like a gel cream.
>>
Anyone have tips/products for really moisturizing lips? I use chapstick all the time and drink lots of water, but my lips have been so dry lately, to the point where I can feel the rough skin when I rub them together. I've tried some basic sugar scrubs because I thought they would get rid of the dead skin, but they havent really worked.
>>
>>8955304
bites lip mask overnight + during the day applying tony moly peach lip balm works for me and I seriously have some of the driest lips ever
>>
>>8955241
Any in particular?
>>
>>8955339
I think anon was talking about an emulsion?
They're thinner and more watery than thick cream moisturisers.
I'd recommend skinfood if you don't mind ordering online.
>>
After years and years of searching I think I finally found the miracle product for my skin. Vitamin B5 in bulk powder form, take like less than a teaspoon mixed with a little cold cream (or any cream/moisturizer should work really), rub that shit on your face and leave it on for a little bit, then wash off.

I've done this for only two days so far and my skin is like a baby's butt, and my acne has dried up and almost disappeared overnight.
>>
>>8950065
Hyaluronic acid serums are good. I have combo skin so only get dry on my cheeks. I've heard vitamin c is good for uneven skin tone (obviously you have to use sunscreen too which is the main thing) but I've been less than impressed with my results so far from vitamin C.
>>
So I found out I'm gluten intolerant and that could be what's causing my dry lack luster skin. I still want to continue treating it well however, I have dehydrated skin that breaks out if I put something irritating or clogging on it. I already have the habo lado (or however you spell that) lotion, and the panda dream sleeping pack. I'm looks for a new cleanser and maybe and extra moisturizer to add to the mix. Anyone with similar skin want to share their routine?
>>
>>8960311
I really like Rosette Ceramide Gel. It really helps with my dry dehydrated skin. It soothed my skin when it was extremely angry at me for trying a cleanser with parabens.
>>
Got bangs. Holy shit, I thought I could handle the maintenance but boy do I need to spend tons of $$ to get products just for my forehead and time to style.

Any tips or product reccommendations for combination skin?
>>
I seriously need help. I have oily, sensitive skin and I've been on a skin routine which has helped a lot with acne. Problem is, I feel like my aloe vera gel has caused me to get oily. My nose is visibly more oily, I can feel the oil on my face. I might be putting too much on at a time, could that be the case or am I just an idiot?
>>
>>8962004
You could be, or it could be a change in the weather, your environment etc. What is the rest of your routine like? I have to have a different summer and winter routine for my combination acne-prone skin due to the increased humidity in summer, so if the change of seasons is particularly pronounced where you are that may be the case.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
I just bought pic related from my local Watsons. I plan on using them tomorrow night, and I read somewhere that is better to put them in the fridge before using? Has anyone tried it before?
I live in a tropical climate so I hope it will work and make it even more effective.
>>
>>8962004

Aloe vera doesn't really absorb all that easily into skin, it usually leaves behind a sticky film that's a little shiny, plus it'll feel just a tad slimy when you wash it off with water. Maybe this is what you think is the "oil" on your face?

At any rate, if aloe vera isn't working out for you (it didn't for me, for reasons stated above), I'd suggest trying out other oil-free moisturisers and see if one of them works better for you.
>>
>>8931661
What type of aloe? Only one variety can be used medically.
>>
>>8933180
I've used this, it did nothing.
>>
>>8942151
I' used to be a barista, so coffee grounds plus cleaning products equals rekd hands.

I bought a box of plastic gloves from Daiso (they look like ones that come in hair dying kits), slather my hands in hand cream, and then put the gloves over them before bed every week or so. I only did it weekly because most other nights I forgot. But it helped a lot!
I also carry a tube of hand cream in my handbag so I'm reapplying hand cream multiple times daily. People always comment on my soft hands, even though I still work with coffee and cleaning products in my job.

>I'm with near certainty I developed a sensory processing disorder for touching dry surfaces thanks to my work, and the only way I can alleviate the stress is making sure my hands are either freshly moisturized or covered in water before I handle things like cardboard, paper towels, etc. It's the same feeling I get when people run their fingernails over a blackboard.
>>
>>8955304
Chapstick is pretty meh, try branching out with a different brand, it's helped me. I think Burts Bees Vanilla Bean is really, good, got it on now and my lips are lookin' juicy.
Also like the Palmers Lip Butter in Chocolate & Cherry or Peppermint
>>
I'm brown, is there anything I can use to whiten my skin? Not a joke post.
>>
>>8962962
I would focus on brightening up your skin rather than actually trying to make it lighter. All skin colours are beautiful, dull-lifeless skin however isn't.

I used to feel a bit shitty about my skin colour but I made a point of following poc folk that rocked their style and looked beautiful. It really helps you to shift a negative mindset, particularly if you're being influenced by a bombardment of pretty white people and not much else. This doesn’t have to be some hur dur tumblr shit either, it's honestly true that we start to change the way we think about ourselves when we see more people that look a bit like us looking great and doing great things in the world.

Seriously, follow some tumblrs or some equivalent that focuses on beautiful poc, cosplayers, j-fash followers etc, it really helps. You don't have to turn into a 'sjw nightmare' off the back of it, just use it as a tool for positive exposure.
>>
>>8962975
Well put, anon. It's jot just skin colour either - I used to be depressed because I have a face that's very different from what's considered conventionally pretty in the media. I don't have full lips or baby cheeks, my face is wide, cheekbones sharp and nose long so I don't look cute at all. I thought I couldn't wear cute jfash, but then Saoirse Ronan got famous and I started feeling better about myself because we look very much alike.
>>
>>8955304
Look for ingredients like honey, jojoba oil, or shea butter, and avoid products with a lot of mineral oil, coconut oil, olive oil, petroleum jelly etc., which won't let moisture in, so although they might make your lips smooth, they're not actually moisturising and are infact creating a barrier and keeping out moisture your lips might otherwise be getting. They're great for protecting lips from harsh weather, but would make things worse if that's not what you need.
>>
>be me
>25
>have a family with a history of acne
>had to deal with it since 12-13
>primarily on face, some on the back, a little on the chest and arms
>at its worst during 16-17
>mostly petered out
>skin is still prone to oiliness, blackheads and pores visible all over forehead, nose, and cheeks
>only get the odd Pustule and very rarely nodule at any given time

That said, it feels like no matter how many days I exfoliate and cleanse, the same blackheads never disappear. I'm going to my first convention in a different country late autumn so it would be nice to clear it up before then.
>>
>>8963002
It's kinda hard when all your friends are pale beauties and prefer being pale beauties and constantly use filters to make them look whiter. I'm not mad or jealous. I just want to be white feels bad man.
>>
>>8962962
There are options to lighten the skin but you won't get more than 3-4 shades lighter total unless you use really harmful stuff.

Arbutin and Hydroquinone both lighten skin very effectively. Hydroquinone is not legal in all locations and you only want to use in in concentrations up to 2% and for only 3-4 months at a time.

The other super effective thing is glutithione injections but those have to be done by a medical professional.

Niacinamide, licorice root, and Vit c all can even the skin to make it appear more even too.
>>
>>8963131
If you don't mind me asking, what ethnicity are you? I don't think you can be whiter but definitely paler
>>
>>8962370
I believe it could be changing of seasons. It just turned to spring awhile ago here, and that's around the time my face started getting oily. Thank you for answering!

>>8962908
I didn't think about that! That could be the case, thank you anon.

I think it may be the changing of seasons like anon mentioned above, but maybe the fact that it leaves that shininess behind could be the case.
>>
Do salicylic acid products have any sort of effect on materials? Like if i use it before bed is it going to bleach/stain the pillowcase?
>>
>>8963713
I've used products containing salicylic acid for years before bed and my pillowcases haven't been stained or bleached.
>>
>>8963172
Asian, the brown kind.
>>
>>8961015
I had so many issues with bangs and closed comedones until I realised I respond really well to glycolic acid creams (having tried tea tree oil, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids and antibiotics...) so unfortunately it's a case of figuring out your own skin
>>
any tips for a chest breakout? i haven't really changed my routine but the last few months my chest has been getting oodles of little red blemishes and blackheads.. it's sort of embarrassing. i'd get one or two before but now it's like a fullblown thing!! I can't even wear anything with even the slightest low neckline
>>
>>8965014
Have you been getting sweaty? I find the more cardio I do the more I get chest acne, and the best way to control it is liberal application of antiperspirant. Failing that, anything you use on your face for acne can be used on your body.
>>
File: 1460953245477426766551.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1460953245477426766551.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I think this is skincare related but i dont wont to go to the doctor over nothing how bad is this in young and i read online thats moles suddenly growing in older folks is bad but this is what it looks like should i go to the doctor
>>
>>8967455
this is not the place to post something like this
>>
>>8967459
Oh fuck my bad i got the wrong skincare thread.
>>
>>8967455
If that large brown spot is new, I'm afraid you have cancer
>>
18yr old female, very oily skin, i can use benzoyl peroxide without a problem
went to the dermatologist over spring break because my acne got a lot worse since going to college.
He said it's stress and put me on an antibiotic (Oracea) and gave me a 10% benzoyl peroxide wash that I use once a day. I change my sheets once a week. My acne is better but definetly still there. My skincare routine is as follows
morning (â„ž = prescription medication) :
>shower, wash nose with 2% salicylic acid blackhead scrub and tonymoly egg pore blackhead steam balm, 10% benzoyl peroxide on the rest of my face and shoulders since for some reason i started breaking out there recently
>every other day i apply tonymoly egg pore tightening cooling pack for 20 minutes and then that aztec clay for 10 (both on nose only)
>apply 1% clindamycin gel (â„ž) mixed with benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in 50/50 ratio
>moisturize with cetaphil
>put on sunscreen (biore aqua rich watery essence)
night:
>wash face with 2% salicylic acid and remove makeup if i'm wearing it
>tretenoin cream (â„ž) on problem areas
>moisturize with cetaphil
So my question is this. My sister recently got me Skinfood's Peach Sake Pore Serum and I'm not sure where in my routine to put it. Before or after my prescription acne medications?
>>
>>8963713
I think you're thinking of benzoyl peroxide. I've ruined many towels with that
>>
Any recommendations on lip scrubs and lip moisturizers? I don't want to settle for just some sugar scrub because right now my lips have gone in to desert mode. Cracked all over and it starts to bleed if I try to peel it off.
>>
My skin is in pretty decent shape besides some residual hormonal battle scarring around my cheeks and upper back/shoulders.

What the hell do I buy from roseroseshop to fix this or should I just accept that I'm going to need some heavy duty expensive laser treatment?

Skin type: Combination
Current routine:
Exfoliate every now and then with cure aquagel, queen helene mint julep masque, or neutrogena pore refining toner
Moisturize with a drop of jojoba oil.

I just dermarolled my upper back /shoulders (1.5mm needles) and applied a vitamin c serum last night, waiting on results.
>>
File: 20160418_191436.jpg (701 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
20160418_191436.jpg
701 KB, 1024x1365
Anyone have keratosis pilaris?

I've tried exfoliating, thylox, and Amlactin, but no dice.
>>
>>8968453
Elf makes a good one.
Just buff, leave it on for a second, wipe off with a warm washcloth and moisturize.
>>
>>8968802
St Ives lotion with urea (the oatmeal or almond oil ones), salux cloths, and stridex pads. That's how I got mine to chill out. It sucks though because if you forget the routine for a week all the bumps come back.
>>
>>8963713
No, you will be fine. It's things that have sulfur, or benzoyl peroxide you need to look out for. If you're just using a BHA though you're good.
>>
File: 51aPVCxMEZL._SY355_.jpg (18 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51aPVCxMEZL._SY355_.jpg
18 KB, 355x355
>>8968802
IDK how other anons feel about Lush products but there's a bar at mine (Red square with kind of a lego looking corner) that I use and it works really well. I follow it with a moistener. Deep Steep Organic Honey body Butter. The Deep Steep brand also has a sugar scrub and they both literally smell like honey and make my skin feel super soft without being sticky.
>>
>>8965014
Do you exfoliate there? Maybe you're starting to collect dead skin there.. in the shower I notice when I run my fingernails over my chest I collect dead skin and sebum just like what happens to my face
>>
>>8968870
I believe you're talking about Rough with the Smooth.
http://www.lushusa.com/The-Rough-With-The-Smooth/04322,en_US,pd.html

It smells fantastic and it's their best product for exfoliation. Highly recommended, though it falls apart a bit quickly for the price/brand.
>>
Not sure if it fits in this thread or not so sorry if it doesn't. I had some last minute changes in cosplay for some up coming con in ~4 weeks and don't really have the tan I am looking for. Does /cgl/ know any good spary on tans that won't make me look like donald trump?
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Cetaphil products?
>>
>>8972359
I have really dry, sensitive skin and pretty terrible bacne/scarring, so i was suggested Cetaphil. Used that shit for years with no improvement whatsoever-- It didn't get worse, but it didn't do anything for me either. I know a lot of people use them to decent effect, but years of no dice has left me pretty jaded towards Cetaphil products.
>>
File: milia_922_lg.jpg (9 KB, 279x210) Image search: [Google]
milia_922_lg.jpg
9 KB, 279x210
i've never had milia in my life, but after about 5 months of the most diligent skin care i've ever had, i suddenly have small hard pearly white bumps around my eye. they aren't very noticeable and i know there isn't much to do to get rid of them, but why would i only get them once i've started taking good care of my skin? haven't introduced anything new in the past month or anything either.

pic not me but about how my milia look
>>
>>8972359
I have sensitive and very combination skin.
I used Cetaphil cleanser back in high school, but as soon as I hit the tail end of puberty it was too harsh for me. I also tried their moisturizer but it's very heavy and greasy.
I currently use Simple cleanser and Sukin moisturizer. It does the job and I haven't had any trouble with them.
I've also used face wipes from both Cetaphil and Simple - they're very irritating and I wouldn't recommend them.
>>
>>8972388
I used to have these, had to go to a medical beauty clinic to have them burnt off.. was painful as hell but worth it. For me it was my diet at home probably but I'm not sure what I was eating to get them, I just had them when I was little and when I got my face done and went to college I never got them back
>>
>>8972388
You can try a mild bha/pha product to remove them over time if they are true milia. I had some right next to my eye and I used clinique's turnaround serum and it worked awesome. I was too afraid to use an aha that close to my eye. It took a month but one night it just rolled off as I was rubbing on my eye cream.

I had it for over 2 years and in a month it was gone. Sometimes milia just happen. You can also go and have a doctor lance them and push the dead skin out. My friend had this done by her friend that does facials but I recommend going to a dermatologist.
>>
Anybody here know a way to just get rid of the acne on my face and chest, etc

thanks for any reply
>>
>>8968802
Moisturising with coconut oil did wonders for mine, to the point where I didn't even have to exfoliate regularly anymore.
>>
>>8967459
yes it is, this is a skincare thread?
>>
>>8968008
I would apply a serum before using the tretenoin cream.

Just wanna say stay strong, anon! I had bad stress related acne in college and was on essentially the same perscription routine. Take multivitamins, drink lots of water and please try to get a solid amount of sleep. My face just exploded by senior year from lack of self care. You are definitely doing much better than I am at upkeeping your routine! Try your best to fit at least one evening of pure down time or start going to the gym when you can. I will help so much.
>>
>>8974629
we'll need a little more information than that. is your skin oily or dry?
>>
File: petumi.gif (189 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
petumi.gif
189 KB, 250x233
What products and techniques can I use to whiten my stomach and back area? I'm going to be cosplaying a character that shows my stomach, back and butt, and It's abit tan compared to the rest of my fair body; I'm olive toned as well. I've been using Kojic Acid Soap for a good 3 years but for some reason it has a tough time whitening my stomach and back. I think it could be because it's thicker skin? I've also used the pink chemical peel, it works wonders on my face and neck, but it doesn't want to peel anywhere else (that includes my stomach and back). I'm going to try dry brush exfoliation and kojic acid soap in the mean time, but I'd like to know if there was any good bleaching creams, soaps, or chemical peels that can work on the tougher areas in the mean time. I'm willing to buy a different chemical peel that is specific for peeling in those areas!

I'm just pretty self conscious about me having tan skin because I don't look good with a tan at all and I love fair skin. I really want to cosplay this character without feeling
>>
>>8980573
*"without feeling uncomfortable with how I look"
oops sorry for the errors, on my phone.
>>
>>8972359
I use Cetaphil cleanser. It is a very basic and gentle cleanser which is why I use it. They also now have one for sensitive skin. It's honestly the most basic upon basic cleansers you can get, to the point where it is the go to basic routine reccomendation for these threads.

If you are looking for a cheap and simple cleanser that just cleans your face, that is Cetaphil. I also have their moisturizer, but I don't like it. I find it too greasy, so I've been using it as my backup lotion on my legs just to use it up.

At >>8972377 anon. Cetaphil is not a product that targets acne. It is reccomended by dermatologists for people going on Accutane because of how light of a cleanser it is. Half of the time derms just want to get people on a basic routine because half of their skin problems come from throwing random products that they don't really understand what it does, at their face. Which simply leads to more problems and wasted money. Cetaphil does not have additives like TTO, alochol, or salicylic acid that you would get in a product that specifically targets skin conditions like acne. It is honestly no surprise you saw no improvement if that was all you were using. Cetaphil is reccomended for a non-harsh light cleanse that won't irritate your skin. It was probably reccomended to you because your skin was dry and easily irritated, so it would not worsen your condition like, say a Neutrogena product would.
To target bacne you'd need to add more than just a cleanser, like a konjac sponge, BHA, etc. Cleansers really shouldn't do more than lightly remove accumulated oils and dirt from your skin. Any extra benefits you want, like hydration, acne fighting, healing, etc. should come from additional products in your routine.

An alternate to Cetaphil would be Cerave.
>>
>>8933715
try espoir nude fit porcelain cushion or a'peiu bboyan cushion
>>
How's Bio Oil for facial acne scarring?
>>
What the fuck can I do about body acne? I have so much acne all over my shoulders and upper back. I feel disgusting and I wear all black and long-sleeves to cover myself, even though it's like 90 degrees this time around. I have some a prescription acne wash for my face and I'm thinking about using that for my body, but I'm not sure how my body will take to 5% salicylic acid compared to my face (which originally melted off).
>>
>>8981498
Some people like it but it didn't work on me. So I say it's shit.
>>
>>8981498
Allergic reaction/10
Not a fun time for me, but I have heard of others who swear by it.
>>
>>8981570
The type of skin on your face is the same kind on your chest & upper back (ie the acne-producing kind), so whatever will or won't work for your face also applies to other areas.

Try charcoal, benozyl peroxide, sulfur...not all at once, of course. Lush also has good acne products that are natural. If you try Lush, try Herbalism & Tea Tree toner (tea tree oil in general is also good)

Also drink water, good diet, etc etc...

Personally I use benozyl peroxide however it can be harsh for skin. It's the main ingredient in Proactiv. You can buy it in concentrations up to 10% but I'd recommend nothing more than 2.5% (after about the 5% level the affectiveness flatlines anyway)

What's causing your skin to melt off probably isn't the salicylic acid (it's basically aspirin), it's probably the other ingredients in it. But, I'm no doctor.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.