[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty little secrets (/cgl/ confession thread!)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: tumblr_n3j7dtVYUe1rro8nto1_500.png (221 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3j7dtVYUe1rro8nto1_500.png
221 KB, 500x500
Share the dirt.

I tend to kinda live through people i find interesting or/and get kinda obsessed with them..?
Like to the point where if i find someone interesting enough i'll make a list of their wardrobe,have some pics of
them on my private photobucket i call my "stalker" photobucket
Sometimes some girls seems to have such cool lives (in Lunie's case she is pretty,rich,cute,big wardrobe,..) and i just feel like my life is so boring compared to them.

I used to be obsessed with kotakoti, then Lunie Chan,.. I mean i was so obsessed with kota i knew what she said on some videos by heart and when i did my hair and makeup in front
of the mirror or got dressed up i would be pretending to be a "famous living doll', dancing around on some of the music she used. Searched her house address when it got leaked to see what it looked like and to catch maybe a glimpse of
her kawaii room. Yeah, pretty creepy.

For Lunie i just got through every single one of her livejournal entries.

For another (not famous) girl i just obsessively stalked her twitter and instagram, even using tweet tunnel to see when she was
still into lolita. And got sad when she deleted her old lolita blog and i couldn't access it from the wayback machine

Also another girl that used to be into lolita (now she totally changed), and i stalked old blogs of her, old videos she was in,old things she wrote...

I really need more excitment in my life and it's kind of like...the only way to get it? By reviving old things. That and drama. But even then the drama i knew and loved was from 2012
>>
>>8920817
I feel you here.
In middle school there was that girl i knew since elementary. She was a pretty emo girl, actually well liked at school, popular on the internet, doing well at school,... she would always do better than me. Even when i tried as a child she was always the prettiest,most liked,... And i used to stalk her on Myspace and such. And i would dream about what it would be like to be her.

Update: i went to look on her facebook and damn,she's not so pretty now actually and she seems pretty boring and normal. I guess it's also because i'm more satisfied with my own life and such
>>
>>8920817
There's a person in my comm that I hate so much I ended up getting a little bit obsessed with. Everything they did, I just had to mock it. It wasn't hard since they're kind of a cringe pit... But it really got over me because people ignored the cringyness and attettion whore behavior and lies because said person was pretty.
>>
>>8920817
is this a pasta
>>
>>8920950
Are you me, anon?
>>
>>8920817
I've never been obsessed with anyone but I feel a bit salty over how much Fanny Rosie has whilst I have diddly squat and never will.
>inb4 but she worked hard!
yeah well so do I, the difference is she lives in the West with tons of opportunities all around her and I live in a third world shithole where the unemployment rate is over 50% and her 'hard work' wouldn't keep her belly full for one day where I live.

I'm sure she's a lovely girl and I don't think she doesn't deserve it or whatever (besides, nobody deserves anything, that's a really dumb concept), I'm just salty that some people don't have to work half as much as I do yet can still afford to buy dresses every month because their salaries are 10x mine.
>>
>>8920971
Where are you living anon?
>>
>>8920971
I know that feel. It must even worse living where you are, because at least I feel like I have the opportunity to advance and I might be able to afford my dream outfits in a few years.

Immigrate?
>>
I feel kinda awkward around young transmen, probably because I was an angry femnist tomboy in my teen years. Sure, I had trouble with girlhood and being girly, but eventually I got over it. I emotionally healed and grew up.

Dysphoria is seriously bad, but it doesn't mean a person is trans. Please get the dysphoria fixed and grow up a little before taking a big step like that. Being unhappy with girlhood is a rite of passage for tomboys, not feeling like a girl is OK, I don't think anyone feels like a gender 24/7.

I'm ok with transfolk and I think trans is a legit mental disorder, but the underage ones just rub me the wrong way and I'm not sure how to respond. Especially when it's someone I thought was a tomboy bro and it turns out no, that person just thought it was easier to switch to being a guy.
>>
>>8920961
Starting to think so too. That, or the last few threads OP didn't get the responses she wanted.
>>
>>8920950
same, anon. i feel bad because i used to be friends with them before i realized how nuts they are. they still think we're friends and i don't really do anything to make them think otherwise so that i can still keep tabs on their facebook and stuff
>>
>>8921006
OP here i am actually serious anon this is not a pasta..?
>>
>>8920977
Southeastern Europe
>>8920978
Can't, 2poor. Nobody wants a shitty Slav who doesn't speak the local language, and those who do are either human traffickers or people paying as much or less than my current job in my shitty country. And if I want to emigrate to the UK or wherever I need a job and a visa, and to be able to pay the tuition if I even want to consider studying there. Currently I earn less than what I'd even spend on groceries there, so nah.

It's also very disheartening to see dumb politicians' kids go there to study when they can barely put together a sentence in English whilst I can't. I used to have a friend like that but she dumped me because 'gosh anon, why can't you just be happy for me?!'
>>
>>8921151
Which southeast European country are you from anon? I am a lolita from one of those countries and I really want to find a comm there when I visit.
>>
I bring friends to cons just so they can be my bag carrier/costume helper
>>
>>8921161
>>8921151
Also wanted to add that I feel your pain for not being able to afford the stuff. I moved to a Western country and have only recently been able to afford something nice. Also just move to the west anyway. Lots of slavs have jobs here without English, and if you learn it as you work you can get even better opportunities. It's hard but you just have to try. I know people who worked hard and moved here with nothing, and have persevered.

Are there rich lolitas in your country?
>>
>>8921161
There's no lolita comm here unfortunately, we do have a cosplay community though. It's a non-EU exyugo country. Found out some people I know lurk here so I don't wanna reveal too much.
>>
I don't love my boyfriend.
I just don't want to be alone...
But I take good care of him.
>>
>>8921151
I hope you find happiness

My confession is that i spat in the beverage of a lolita i hate she is such a bitch to people but she is pretty and rich so it's ok. I was at work and she purposely came IN the establishment i work in with her friend to poke fun at me passive aggressively "haha nice apron btw :))"
So i spat a big one into her cup. The other guy working with me that day was really chill and just laughed. She then complained her beverage tasted weird while i was smiling and said in the sweetest tone "oh no i really dont know what went wrong i am so sorry".
Drink my spit you lil bitch.
>>
I daydream a lot. Like A LOT.
I will stare at a print and just daydream for an hour or in class i will stare outside watching squirrels in the tree and wonder about what would squirrels read about if they had tiny books and which language would it be. I daydream about flying away by floating in the sky carried by my Rocking horse shoes like Momoko. I daydream about a better life.
Life is so boring..
>>
>>8921180
>i will stare outside watching squirrels in the tree and wonder about what would squirrels read about if they had tiny books and which language would it be
Dang, anon, that's really cute.
>I daydream about a better life.
You and me both.
>>
>>8920970
Glad we share the same pain
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 228x221
There is a very popular cosplay photographer/videographer that I had a problem with anime expo last year. All of you have probably watched his videos or seen his photos.

Im not really into photography but I brought a 30d with me to take a few photos. I was with a cosplayer taking some pictures when the guy just walks in front of my shot and starts talking to the cosplayer. I guess he wanted to do a private shoot with her or something, but either way it's really rude and disrespectfull.

So I confront the guy and tell him to wait after I we where done. The dude then proceeds to tell me "get lost amateur fuck" and makes fun of my camera. I told him I was going to beat the fuck out of him and got up in his shit/ pressed him / made him look like a punk.

The guy goes and gets con security and tells them what I said. I deny it and the girl I was taking pictures of also denies it because because the guy is an asshole that deserves to get pressed. Con sec leaves and tell us to stay away from eachother. I call him a faggot, and her goes away.

I saw him at a few events later that day and he kept sending faces my way, and pointing me out to a few of his faggot looking faggot friends. Later that night I'm at an event with a few of my friends and that dude is there with alot of people. More dogging/pointing continues. I fell the tension and tell my friends that I was going to the bathroom. They are with the shits so they know to stay outside just in case. Soon as I start washing my hands 2 of his friends walk in and try to push me. My friends come in and we beat the shit out of them/rob them. He leaves the event shortly. Didn't see him for the rest of the con either.

I couldnt go to ALA this year, but it's on sight for you at AX this year faggot.
>>
>>8921338
Gosh darn what a fucking jerk.
He got it coming. How insecure must someone be to make fun of someone's camera like a child making fun of another child's toy? Ffs
>>
>>8921338
robbing them was a bit much there anon but fuck it's like middle school drama they get big cameras to make up for their micropenis kek
>>
>>8920981
>easier to be trans than tomboy

>over 40% of trans people attempt suicide because of harassment/discrimination
>sauce: thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/06/22/3672506/transgender-suicide-rates/
>not really easy choice to make?

Besides, if you get that dysphoria sucks, why not let people "try on" another gender if it makes them more comfortable? Kids are supposed to experiment. As a high school teacher I think people vastly underestimate the decision-making abilities of teenagers. Yeah, they do reckless things cause they don't have impulse control, but they aren't complete dumbasses and have adult level reasoning abilities. Let them play around with gender if they think that's what's best for them at the time. It doesn't really affect anyone else how they identify, anyway. Your experience was your experience, and I was not a feminist but def a huge tomboy who liked being mistaken for a boy (now I fucking love dressing up and being feminine) in middle school, but that doesn't mean our experience was everyone's.
>>
>>8921170
Dump him. Get a OKCupid account and go wild. You're a girl, you won't be lonely long.
>>
I stop taking people seriously if they think "professional cosplay" is a thing.
Also, normies that have a nerdy side that think they know everything about cosplay because they've heard of comic-con drive me up the wall. A halloween costume isn't cosplay, those booth babes are tired of hearing you talk, deadpool isn't awesome. I'm so tired of half ass nerd culture.
>>
>>8921180
That's super cute, but it reminds me of something my friend thinks she has and is currently participating in a study they're doing on it in Israel. Look up maladaptive daydreaming.
>>
>>8921338
ITT: More That Totally Happened(TM)
>>
>>8920981
On the flip side I've known an attractive male become much happier and stable as a woman, even surpassed his ladyhood anxiety. A real feminist would encourage that, not mock it like a jealous teenager and say it's a mental disorder just because you don't understand it. We're fighting to get over appearances in general for all, so that mindset would only hold us back, let them experiment to find happiness damn it.

That being said I have a friend who is also transmale who comes off annoying because of the efame from it all but I'm still supportive of their dreams, just never with my wallet kek. Doesn't make anyone crazy, that's just how social networking is, you don't follow those you don't like, to avoid these type of discriminating excuses. No one is forcing you to converse with people that you feel uncomfortable around, especially if they're fucking younger. They probably feel more uncomfortable that you want to jump to conclusions about their mental health over the internet. For their sake and ours, just don't respond to them. Hard to believe a "tomboy" has problems ignoring people they don't like, that sounds like normal cattyness to me.
>>
>>8921338
>after I we where done
>>
>>8921383
>not mock it like a jealous teenager and say it's a mental disorder just because you don't understand it
Saying it's a mental disorder isn't mocking it though. Sex dysphoria is commonly believed to be a mental disorder in the same vein as body dysmorphic disorder. It's not like calling depression a mental disorder means you're making fun of depressed people and you hate them.

I have no problem with trans people at all, I just don't like all the "biological sex isn't real and if you don't conform to gender roles you must be trans" type rhetoric coming out of tumblr because it's actually pretty backwards and sexist when you think about it.
>>
>>8921383
>not mock it like a jealous teenager and say it's a mental disorder just because you don't understand it

And this is why SJW and feminists get a bad rep, because you fucks can't see any outside opinion as some sort of attack on you.

Jfc.
>>
I'm pissed by the fact that all you really need to be "popular" on social media (YouTube in particular) is a pretty face and a half-decent camera. I spend hours writing up scripts and trying to make meaningful and funny videos. I spend hours to days filming and editing on my shit ass laptop that can hardly handle my editing program because I'm not particularly wealthy and can't afford anything better, but all the effort I put into my work means jack shit because I'm not cute. I've already had 2 surgeries on my face and am planning 3 more if and when I get the money. I'm honestly just getting angry over nothing, but I hate seeing a girl who does mediocre cosplay-related videos get the same amount of subscribers as me in only a quarter of the time just because she's prettier than me. So I casually thumbs-down all of her videos and screencap her tagged photos on Instagram for blackmail (she photoshops her pictures a lot and looks drastically different in person) just to spite her. I'm -this- close to quitting because of how bitter it makes me. I'm not a good person.
>>
>>8921530
You're rightfully upset, but that's the way the world works.

Gl with the surgeries.
>>
I wish I had a best friend or boyfriend/girlfriend who was into lolita enough to take candid photos of my coords or dress up with me. I feel weird knowing that all my friends are the type of people who wear pajama pants in public and roll their eyes whenever I wear lolita out with them.
>>
File: 1446622525214.jpg (65 KB, 483x700) Image search: [Google]
1446622525214.jpg
65 KB, 483x700
If we're talking about trans poeple anyway, I'm an MtF, started transitioning in school 3 years ago. It is certainly not an easy alternative to anything. I would wish gender dysphoria on nobody, the path to happiness from it involves knocking yourself down at the foundations and building you back up. Cosplay was a great way for me to begin presenting female in public in a safe environment.

Anyway, on the topic of confession, I would really like to get into lolita, but the aforementioned being trans makes me terrified of it. I just pretend it's too expensive because my cosplay friends don't actually know that I'm trans. I look fine and all, but something about how feminine it is makes me feel like it'll emphasize the few masculine features I have.
>>
>>8921613
If you think you'd enjoy lolita fashion, go for it! You may find that your local comm is another valuable safe space.
>>
>>8921530
Are you trying to suggest getting plastic surgery somehow makes you better than her because she has to photoshop? You already sound far richer why can't you just be happy with your own life anon? Normal people don't get surgies to look better than some girl on YouTube. Don't know the kind of household you live in where obsessing over a single woman is allowed but normally you can't be a functioning adult until you knock that shit out. Get a real job. Self contemplate why you think you NEED these things so badly. I would suggest definitely pulling away from the scene before you push everyone close to you away with that unnecessary anger. That type of shit should go to a therapist imo if you could afford it after all that. You're not bad, just sad.
>>
>>8921358
I live in a progressive SJW country, being trans will net you oodles of support from LGBT groups. Also, being harassed is not a cause of suicide: Individual action as a result of internal issues is. Maybe even mental illness-related. Like being trans.

It rubs me wrong because I was taught that girls can do anything and dress however they damn please. Identity shouldn't be tied to what's between your legs, because what's between your legs shouldn't matter at all. Unless you're actually trans, which statistically makes up less than 1% of the population. We use terms like girl and boy because that's how it's historically been, and sometimes it makes sense, because like it or not there are differences that skew statistics, but shouldn't be considered set in stone for any individual.

>>8921383
Do you know why we make these threads on CGL? Because anonymous confesstions of things we want to say out loud, but can't.

I'm not internet friends with any trans people, but they tend to hang out a lot in the hobbies I frequent irl. Ignoring them would be rude, especially when they seem nice enough to hang out with and have no other red flags around them.

But hey, maybe you're right and nobody should talk to people they disagree with, ever.

>>8921613
In school? I'd probably be skeptical of you irl, depending on how old you are.

Being a lolita will help you look more girly, though! Seriously, it covers up all your curves-Or lack of them. You can use body-shaping stuff if you really want to, since the blouse and skirt will cover all. If you have heavy-set legs, go for longer skirts. Remember, it fits at your natural waist, which is at your belly button. So whatever you wear, you will have hips, and you can pad said hips if you wish to.
>>
>>8921530
Another lolita who got surgery here Anon, I can kinda relate and don't blame you for feeling the way you do.
I got my own channel but only upload when I feel like it.
Keep up your videos and I know people will start noticing good quality.
Also, get as many surgeries to feel happy as you want.
I got 3 on my face but still want 1 more on my chin and waist reduction.
Live by Momoko's teachings.
>>
>>8921151
Can't you sell things? Crafts, commissions, and the like wouldn't be too difficult to sell if you're decent. It wouldn't bring in a steady income, but money is money and you could use those funds for brand instead of having to dip into your actual wage.
>>
Not really lolita-related.
I feel like Im getting to the age where I want to find my life-partner. However, I don't want most of the things expected when getting married.
Finding someone who meets my superficial standards is hard enough in con culture.
My ideal marriage would have to be with a handsome man, living together but not having children. Also, traveling every so often to cons and having some flexibility in our commitment.
>>
>>8921362
I feel bad for normies like that, most of the ones I've run into genuinely love cosplay but cannot understand the difference between a Pikachu hoodie and facepaint and a hand-embroidered Daeneris cosplay. To them, it's all equally cool and equally hard. Introducing them to thermoplastics and resin and sewing machines is always cool, because they're so eager to learn that even if their first attempts are shit they're always willing to improve.
The few I've wanted to punch are the smug fedora type who want to show the grill how teh real nerds do it. They're the ones who wear a shirt with Cap's shield on and think that counts as cosplay.
>>
>>8921613
If you started transitioning that young you probably look a lot less manly than you think. Unless you started out looking like Gaston, lolita won't look horrible on you. You'll only really get stared at because you look like a very fluffy doll, nobody has time to look at your face when your petti commands all their attention.
And if you can cosplay girls and nobody in that group knows you're trans, well, you're doing a pretty good job of not looking manly.
>>
>>8921151
>>8921166
As Americans, it's easy to forget their are countries full of poor white people in Europe.
>>
I don't know what's wrong with me but I often feel like sabotaging my relationships--friendships, romantic relationships, even family.

There will be times where I want to have super strong bonds with others but most times I want to cut off everyone I've ever come into contact with and either kill myself/leave town and start over and never talk to anyone intimately again.
M-maybe I should have posted this in a feels thread.
>>
>>8921675
I think so. I'm a little cautious of the gossiping I see on /cgl/, I don't have the self esteem to not crumple like balled up paper to that. But some of the more under stated dresses look really cute, and I would really like friends who want to go drink tea and have picnics instead of clubbing.

I don't think I need a safe space anymore. I'm full time girl for two years, in work, at home, going out. It's just me now.

>>8921741
Nobody's really skeptical of me, that I know of. My issues stem from that I try to blend into a crowd and wear appropriate clothes for my shape. I'm worried lolita would put a spotlight on all the bits that don't match. Except that bit, obviously, that's beneath petticoats.

I have a female frame. Way more hips, thighs and butt than most girls get out of HRT. Flat as a damn board though, I barely scrape an A cup.

>>8921782
I was 17. 20 now, nearly 21. I was mistaken for a girl often enough that I don't think I was hideous.

The doll thing is the issue. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew other lolitas, but I don't. And I don't think any would want a transgirl in their comm, amd I'd worry if I didn't disclose that and it came out somehow there might be drama. Crumpled paper ball, like I said.
>>
>>8921908
Nobody cares about transgirls even secretly IMHO. A lot of people are suspicious of brolitas since so many turn out to be fetishists (but keep it on the down low so they don't look prejudiced), but people don't tend to have the same attitude to people that identify as trans.
>>
>>8921500
You know homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder and it was pretty fucked up, right? And hysteria was a diagnosis they used as an excuse to put women in mental institutions, and that that was fucked up as well, right?

It's fucked up not because people with mental disorders are inherently "less," it's because you are pathologizing something that is not a pathology.
>>
I have no interest in superheroes whatsoever, so while everyone is just bouncing off the walls with all these comic movies coming out, I just roll my eyes. I actually think superheroes are pretty over-rated.
>>
I fucking love weeaboo videos.

I enjoy watching videos of weebs wearing their cosplays to the mall, or goofing around in the park, at anime-themed sleepovers, and all that. And while there is a certain amount of cringe that goes with it, It makes me feel nostalgic and so damn happy just watching them fool around and have fun.
>>
My goal for every convention is to end up in one of those cosplay/convention showcase videos.
>>
>>8921741
Suicide isn't so simple. Harassment can definitely be a cause of suicide, just like a plethora of any other reasons can be a cause. People can even kill themselves if they are in good mental health. For example, a soldier may commit suicide because they know they are about to be captured and want to escape torture. Many people who *do* commit suicide have mental health issues, but it seems more likely to me that these trans people have depression, not that they're committing suicide because they *are* trans. The same link could be made for LGB peeps in general, ala "They commit suicide at higher rates, so homosexuality IS a disease!" Correlation is not causation.

Also, that may be how you feel about gender and identity, but people should be allowed to identify as they please. It doesn't hurt anyone else. Gender certainly matters to people who feel that identifying a certain way is so important that they are willing to subject themselves to bullying and violence.

Also, this is just a guess, but maybe the reason trans people in your country receive a ton of support is because they historically faced discrimination (and continue to)? Where do you live? In the U.S., there are definitely support groups but that's because trans youth are so likely to be homeless/face violence/deal with discrimination in the workplace, and no amount of support groups can really counter that reality without institutional change going on anyway.
>>
>>8921936
I'm becoming that way myself. I used to really be into superheroes in the early 2000's with the DC animated universe but now it's just too much all at once and I can't be bothered with it.
>>
>>8920961
I think so I seem to remember a comment like it in another one of these threads a year or so ago. It had a gif of Kota sipping vita soy if I remember correctly.
>>
I wear lolita because I love it but I also wear it because guys hate it and most girls where I am think it's weird. I want people to leave me alone.
>>
>>8921828

Are you me? Holy shit this sounds alot like me.
It doesnt help that I live in one of the shittiest cities in the world that has the worse cosplay community I have ever seen. Seriously nyc sucks!
>>
>>8921932
Gender dysphoria is a disorder though, because it causes psychological distress and can affect a person's ability to function in daily life.
>>
This one time I sold a lolita dress I bought from Milanoo on Lacemarket but in the description I wrote "I'm not sure where it came from, I bought it at an anime convention."

Its quality isn't terrible, I bought it when I was just starting out in lolita, but I couldn't bear to tell the truth about its origins.
>>
>>8921530

>not wealthy
>already had 2 surgeries on your face done and planning 3 more

Do you know some kind of black market for plastic surgery or some shit?
>>
I think anyone can wear Wa Lolita, but only Asians should wear Qi Lolita.
>>
>>8921803
Precisely why I hate minorities whinging about muh white privilege. Anyone regardless of race can be poor, you can't possibly know what someone's been through based solely on their skin color. Some of those people have been in wars even.
>>
i don't know why this bothers me so much. i started watching a certain anime a while ago, because i thought it was cute, and i told my girlfriend to watch it because i thought she would like it. and she became obsessed with it. like, OBSESSED. you can hardly hold a conversation with her without it being mentioned in one way or another these days. it's really annoying. and now she just managed to get our mutual very close friend into it too and it's all anyone can talk about anymore. and even though i was the first one to watch it, and even went out of my way to tell my gf to watch it, i can't stand how everywhere it is in her life now. i've barely even watched the newest season because for whatever reason her ridiculous enthusiasm for it just annoys me. it's stupid and i don't know why.

i just feel like my fandoms are so much better. the anime isn't even that good, it's just... okay. and i have other fandoms i've tried to get her into that she refuses to for whatever reason even though they're a million times better and i know she'd like it if she just gave it a chance. i'm really bitter about that.

she's just gotten boring lately and i don't want to hear about that fucking anime anymore i don't care about it ugh
>>
>>8922089
Hey bud, at the end of the day it's still anime and you're a loser. At least she can get away with it.
>>
>>8921990

You sound triggered.
>>
>>8922061
Can I ask why? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
I am so glad I got out of tumblr. I originally got it because it was easy to catch up with latest animu and go through lolita/cosplay bloggers. Yet, it caused me to think in the way of a special snow flake and caused so many problems for years. I thought I was some trans-male who was also gay but not gay. This whole shitty website is so damaging. Now seeing people like Eikkibunny (claiming to be genderfluid or some shit, even though nothing about her represents a male side) annoy the shit out of me because they do it for attention. And with the age that she is, she is influencing younger people to be special snowflake-chan. I am not against trans or homosexual people or anything, but this whole tumblr community of 'demiboy/girl genderqueer-chan' shit really turns something that should be taken seriously into something that is for attention and to make yourself seem special.
>>
>>8922115
It's hard to describe. It's like an elegance thing?

Wa Lolita has been diminished so much with weeaboos latching onto it and pretty much every outfit being awful. People look at it and all they can think about is weebs or trash.

But Qi Lolita seems much more refined, and much more culture bound? It's very pretty, but it's so influenced by Chinese style that it would just seem...inappropriate on anyone but an Asian.
>>
>>8922136
this.

All these people wearing their gender as some accessory that they can change at will totally bastardizes the people who have actually struggled with gender perception, or are going through treatments and surgeries.
>>
>>8922093
i know it's stupid and i'm a loser and i don't know why it bothers me, but it does and i needed to vent. although i don't really understand what you mean by
>At least she can get away with it.
?
>>
>>8922144
She's a cute girl, she can watch anime without making it look cringe
>>
>>8922150
but i'm also a cute girl
>>
>>8921361
But I don't want to whore out on dating sites either...
>>
>posted someone local here
>turns out they're a seagull
>they were bummed but asked for advice to improve
>later meet them in person through pure coincidence
>they're really sweet
>they tell me how they follow me online and admire my stuff
>still feel bad about posting them
i'm a dick :(
>>
>>8922137

I dunno, Qi Lolita doesn't necessarily strike me as being something "only for Asians". Most of the taobao stores I've seen doing Qi Lolita also churn out the same print in various styles of hanfu though, and THAT really kinda strikes me as being a little weird to wear if you're not Asian. Same thing as wearing a full kimono set when you're white as a catfish belly. It just looks kinda weird. It's not cultural appropriation or anything, just really silly looking.
>>
>>8921803
As Americans, you don't have to look to Eastern Europe to find poor white people. 40% of food stamp recipients in the US are white.

Poverty knows no race.
>>
>be a cosplayer
>enjoy doing semi sexy shoots outside of cosplay for just random modeling
>been asked several times to do sexy cosplay shoots
>not interested
>feels like its the only way to get noticed in the cosplay community anymore
>knows will get assblasted even tries this side of the coin

Sigh.. I hate what cosplay has become.
>>
>>8921977
Me too, anon. When people tell me I look unapproachable or intimidating because of my frills, I take it as a compliment.
>>
>>8922137
You sound like you don't understand Chinese culture very well and have never met a Chinese person in your life.
>>
While I've never met one in real life I hate the idea of sissies who harass people with their fetish, they have given other people bad reputation.

I think my interest in lolita is 'pure', but I'm worried other people will assume that it isn't. Luckily no one will ever see my internet history, because there's probably some damning evidence there.
>>
>>8922028
I'm the one you replied to. I would think nyc would have the biggest and most thriving cosplay communities! Would you be able to shed light as to why it sucks so hard?
>>
>>8922159
PLOT TWIST
>>
>>8921990

Stay in /pol/, please.
>>
>>8922345
I'm not that anon but I have a non-gull friend who is active in NYC's lolita comm, and whenever we get together and end up talking about the comm, she has nothing much to say except shit that's drama related. That's as much as I know.
>>
>>8922390
here, you dropped this
>>
>>8922390
Okay, so your boyfriend is a deadbeat loser. What does this have to do with /cgl/?
>>
>>8922400
So what? How in the world does that pertain to your post? It's still an off topic post.
>>
I feel like my friends are abandoning me. Ive been working a 9-5 office job lately and they all work retail. So they hang out on during the day or weird times, and I can't go. Which was fine but kinda shitty. But I learned last night they were all planning to coplay a certain anime at the next con. An anime I love, and got them into. They didn't aske at all to go with them,and when I asked one of them about it she said "Oh, you're always busy. We figured you weren't going."
I have weekends off. Con is on a weekend.
>>
>>8921358
How can you say they have "adult level reasoning capacities" if you acknowledge their lack of impulse control? kids at that age lack the long-term risk-management thinking they will develop in their early twenties
>>
I've always hung out with boys and became a tomboy in early age, because of that I didn't care much for my appearance and girls at school bullied me for "being ugly" "being gross". I've even been told that "I shouldn't wear makeup because it's useless".
Now that I've grown up I realise I'm not really that disgusting, but I can't shake off that I must look absolutely flawless every single second of the day. It's haunted me for who knows how long, so anything more than jeans and black t-shirt are "dressing up" and I must take it up a thousand notches - or none at all.
This threw me in a constant "why bother" mood, while I do mantain a basic hygiene routine, I simply can't remember that I have to wash my frizzy hair or moisturize my raw dough face. "Why bother? It won't look perfect anyway." I think while I look at fashion bloggers, Lookbook and generic kawaii Tumblrs. I live through them while hating myself for not being perfect and never ever conforming to my ridiculously high standards. Right now I'm in a pretty broad comfort zone that I don't dare to step out else I'll go insane.

>tl;dr unhealthy self imposed high standards, quite literally
>>
Every time I meet someone who's hellbent on becoming "cosplay famous" but can't sew, craft, or create anything on their own it drives me up the fucking wall. I know that's just how the hobby has evolved, and everyone is free to enjoy it their own way, but shouldn't you at least try to learn something from it? Even worse if they're commissioning/buying cosplay from a series they don't even care about just to get attention.

Mfw there are so many people like this in my local comm.
>>
I still use mangafox
>>
>>8922554
Because teenagers are capable of making reasoned decisions, but when they are "in" a situations where they must make a decision--especially if they face peer pressure--they lack impulse control. It's not that they don't KNOW better, it's that they are really bad at acting in the decisions they know are right because they like instant gratification. They can reason, that doesn't mean they act on reason. I can find a source if you'd like.
>>
>>8922615
Anon are you me? This is pretty much word gor word what I struggle with daily.
>>
>>8922554
>>8922663
Found it: http://www.jstor.org/stable/40062377 (probably can't access it if you aren't a student, so here is a quote)

"In principle, barring tempations with high rewards and individual differences that reduces self-control..., adolescents are capable of rational decision making to achieve their goals. In practice, much depends on the particular situation in which a decision is made. In the heat of passion, in the presence of peers, on the spur of the moment, in unfamiliar situations..., adolescents are likely to reason more poorly than adults do." They are incredibly impulsive when faced with any kind of pressure, though they are a capable of high-level reasoning.
>>
>>8922642
Bugs the fuck out of me that Yashafluff never makes anything. Her costumes are bought off Taobao or made for her and someone else makes all her props. Then she sells her costumes for 2-3 times their value. She's not even pretty.

Of course, this also comes from a place of jealousy. But it's annoying to think about how easy everything is for her.
>>
>>8922647
You think that's bad, I still use mangahere, even though it's full of hijack pages and is just generally shit. But I'm addicted to their tsukkomu. Someone help me.
>>
>>8920981
Dysphoria kind of does mean that someone is trans, actually. And 'fixing it' often means *gasp* actually transitioning.

You say 'underage' like there's some kind of upper limit to when it's acceptable to have these terrible feelings about yourself, and there really isn't one.

And I see where you're coming from because I look at some of these transtrenders and think similar things, like 'why do they need to equate gender with gender roles' but at the end of the day, they're just kids. They can't transition permanently until they're 18 anyway, so why not encourage them to explore themselves and how they feel when they actually have the chance to do so instead of running headlong into something permanent and regretting it later?
>>
>>8922762
People with eating disorders often have dysphoria, too. It isn't exclusively a trans thing.
>>
>>8922061
But why? The kimono is just as recognisable as any other cultural costume. Are you saying that China is somehow more deserving of cultural reservation than Japan? Why is that?

I could understand if you thought that both styles should only be worn by people from their respective cultures, but why just one? And why are all 'asians' allowed to wear Qi considering the amount of political tension between most of the asian countries?
>>
>>8922775
Yeah, but the initial comment implied gender dysphoria specifically because they were talking about trans people.
>>
I know /cgl/ gets super assblasted nowadays when you bring up fat people now but I just can't bring myself to believe they look good in lolita. Seeing women turn a high-waisted dress into full-boob bodice makes me so uncomfortable. Unfortunately many fashions are made for certain body types and if you fall outside of it you simply will not look good. If you will wear something that doesn't fit in lolita I wonder what you would wear outside of it.
>inb4 wahhh salty ana-chan
>>
>>8922803
hi salty ana-chan
>>
File: tumblr_lwm9hxr6J41r1ac45o1_400.jpg (245 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwm9hxr6J41r1ac45o1_400.jpg
245 KB, 400x599
>be ouji
>submissive tendencies
>want lolita or aristocrat mistress to pamper and serve and be cute for in a romantically asexual capacity

I spent all day imagining us doing relationship/makeup/style swap tags on YouTube and now I am looking at parasols to buy and carry around for my imaginary princess girlfriend.
>>
>>8922374
Ewwww that's so yucky. In retrospect o suppose a state with such rude people would be prone to that.
>>
>>8922699
Not that anon but I agree with this. As a teacher I would never invalidate a child or teenager's ability to make decisions. At the same time, they're still not all the way there. Although there are some teens who can make sound, non-impulsive decisions the large majority or teens do not. I don't mean stupid "let's throw a party while mom and dad are out" decisions. I mean big decisions or even smaller ones that show no sign of long term foresight.
>>
>>8922803
I 100% agree. I do think people who are somewhat overweight can look good if they wear clothing that actually fits and flatters them, but so many lolitas will squeeze themselves into dresses that clearly aren't made to fit them and yet think they look great just because they're wearing brand. Japanese brand clothes simply aren't for everyone. Not because fat people are somehow wrong or undeserving! But clothes are patterned to fit a certain range of body shapes/measurements, and people with large bodies simply aren't within that range for lolita brand clothes.

It's so weird how saying something like that a shirred dress with a 85cm max waist measurement will not fit properly on someone with a 84cm waist, aka objective fact, will get you demonized nowadays.
>>
File: 1453073539448.png (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1453073539448.png
69 KB, 300x300
>>8922803
>thinking fashion always has to look good for you

starve to death, ana-chan
>>
I need to be obsessed about something to keep my depression away. Sometimes like OP i tend to obsess on someone.
I need help. Currently i have no obsession. I feel so depressed...
>>
>>8922055
Saved up by not going on vacations, cooking at home, not going shopping unless it's for groceries, etc. One of the surgeries was mostly covered by insurance because it was a medical case, the other one was cosmetic, but the surgeon I found was asking for a doable price. It's not too hard to save money. Priorities. I'd rather have surgery than a new computer. That can wait later.
>>
>>8922374
i am involved with the NYC lolita comm and know of 0 drama. i think perhaps your friend may be in the wrong crowd; the comm is huge and people gravitate toward like-minded others.
>>
>>8922819
>>8922888
>if they're not fat like me they must be starving themselves!
This is why everyone hates fat people.
>>
>>8922819
>>8922888
>muh fat pride #beautiful #plussize #thick #fuckyourbeautystandards
>>
>>8922921
That could certainly be the case. I do now that some of the drama-lolitas were often well known on LJ. I am not lolita myself but I follow a lot of it for drawing inspiration, and would often find myself on LiveJournal reading up on the gossip.
>>
>>8920971
Same. My partner works 30-40 hours or less but still makes 3k a month. Meanwhile I'm busting my ass at two jobs at 50 hours a week, and only making around 1800 a month. I'm happy because it's a joint income but it still pisses me off especially since his job is so easy and he has no work drive.
>>
>>8921753
I stopped looking for guys from cons and caught mine from a small indie music festival. He's cute and just as nerdy as me but in different ways so it's perfect. He doesn't care for the idea of marriage but has considered it because of me and neither of us have thought of children but have planned a life together till we are old weeaboos.
Try search like minded guys from a place where geekiness gathers but fedoras stay away.
>>
File: 192DF63451625F6D1B97EE[1].gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
192DF63451625F6D1B97EE[1].gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>8922964

I think fedoras are sexy.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (420 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
420 KB, 500x282
>>8922664
"are you me" always cracks me up. But it's nice(?) to know I'm not alone. I don't like to feel my hair dirty and my skin greasy but I also feel REALLY discouraged since I know that no matter how much money and time I spend grooming, no one will notice, or those who notice will still remember the "disgusting" me. That's happened before, I tried dressing up for a Friday lesson where we'd be going out for drinks later, only to recieve funny looks and mean remarks on how I was thirsty for cock or how long did it take for me to look presentable.
Even though I manage to drop 30kg I still can't give away my oversized stuff.
I even wear only black tees because I hate mismatched colours, and black is less of a hassle.
I know "naturally beautiful" doesn't exist. And I know those girls I admire have some kind of discipline to care for their appearance. My difficulty is to sticking to a routine because I need immediate results with 100% satisfaction. Maybe I've reached an obsession level?
>>
>>8923010
M'lady
>>
File: rapunzel_swoon[1].gif (349 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
rapunzel_swoon[1].gif
349 KB, 500x277
>>8923015
>>
>>8923010
don't let Reddit hear you.
>>
>>8923014
I'm not sure if what I did and continue to do is of any help, but I eventually got rid of anyone like that or just established that I absolutely no longer give a fuck what they or anyone else has to say about me. It's helped a lot, it's just that the biggest hurdle is overcoming what *I* think of myself.

I hate New Years Resolutions, but make them anyway out of habit. This year, I made life easier by making a small goal, such as putting in a little effort into my appearance any time I go out. This can range from slapping on some lipstick, or putting on some cute earrings, or even just styling my hair. Doesn't necessarily have to be all 3, but just enough where I can look into the mirror and think, "hm, okay." I'm not sure if I'll even get to the point where I'll be like, "Ay mami lemme holla atchu" to myself, but who knows. Just like losing weight, it took years for me to shit on myself the way I have the past few years, it's going to take a while to come back from that.

Hopefully you have people in your life that either see you for how great you or, or do think you're cute/beautiful. I'm still learning to accept compliments, but I can say for sure my boyfriend as well as my best friend have helped me look at myself in a different way.
>>
>>8923014
Move away from your friends and acquaintances, anon. Holy shit they are assholes for making comments like that.

I also used to be an chub tomboy, but I rook tiny steps and I can manage to look cute. I still struggle with an all or nothing sort of complex though. But I try to make a point to at least wash and put on BB cream when I feel that way.
>>
>>8922824
Aristo anon here. You'll find your mate some day. I kind of envy you. I wish my partner was a bit like you described yourself. He's great, kind and caring.. But not submissive in the slightest.
>>
>>8921932
Wanting to fuck someone else is miles different off your brain being wired that you hate your own body.

BIIIIIG difference and gender dysphoria is a disorder for sure.
>>
>>8922055
Get surgeries out of the US, unlike what most people think just because they're less expensive mean they'll fuck up your face.
Just like with lolita, do your research and you'll be fine.
I could also recommend mine.
>>
>>8923034
>>8923054
Yeah I told these people to fuck off long ago. But I cannot take compliments. They make me extremely uncomfortable and make me doubt if people are being sincere or sarcastic. I honestly don't believe when I'm told "You look good" "You are pretty" because that's not what I see. Not even when I went to a wedding with a gorgeous dress and full on photoshoot makeup, I still felt like I was underdressed.
I can't simply start a new routine because I'll compare myself to the girls I admire, even if I'd JUST started using a product. Why isn't my skin clear and dewy yet? Why isn't my hair soft yet?
The result of all this is me avoiding anything that reflects. No mirrors in my room, light wallpaper on computer, only peeking out of window before I see there's me reflected.
I tried talking about this with my therapist. She had a mirror in the office and asked me to stand in front of it. I left and didn't go back.
This is why j-fash is so fascinating: it's neat and well-kept, everything is in harmony. You know those cliché BtB secrets
>I want to be Lolita but I don't wanna be called ita!!
I could never ever try to make a coord. Unless I managed to assemble a god-tier coord, I couldn't.
I know this is not nearly as good as professional help which I obviously need. But looking at this issue from a different angle gives me some peace of mind.
>>
I recently met a girl from my comm while I was out running errands. All she talked about was her 4 dress wardrobe, ALL BRAND, and how much she spent on one of her many dream dresses. I just found her to be so obnoxious and I hope I never run into her at a meet or otherwise.
>>
>>8921908
Being flat is a MAJOR benefit if you want to get into lolita. I say go for it, anon! Buy all the Victorian Maiden dresses I can't because my breasts are too large.
>>
File: 6d5[1].jpg (348 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
6d5[1].jpg
348 KB, 1136x640
>>8923265
>Being flat is a MAJOR benefit
>>
>>8922824
thats so super adorable anon, i know you find who youre looking for eventually...
>>
>>8923014
ahh, i can relate to you in so many ways anon! what helped me was therapy, but i still struggle quite a bit with this sort of mentality... i hope you can keep moving forward, acknowledging this stuff is a great first step ykno!! i didnt even realize i thought this way until i stopped isolating myself and heard feedback from professionals and groups.. best of luck to you <333
>>
>>8923014
also i bet youre cute as heck familia, im sorry people were so rude to you :/ i got made fun of as a kid but in a more subverted way, it took me so long to figure out where that message of perfection came from... maybe therapy will help you as well, ykno? dont give up hope. it sounds like you have quite a positive attitude already, about the teasing. im glad you dont think you deserve it (cause you didnt)
>>
My current boyfriend is my first relationship I got into & we've been together for 5 years. We cosplay together often & work together on props a lot. He is really sweet & nice to me, even though sometimes we fight things are resolved pretty quickly. I really think we will go far & he will be the one for me. But my parents & sisters often tell me to 'explore more' & look into other candidates before choosing him. Sometimes I will think that maybe I'll find a better partner out there, whether it's for cosplay or relationship & I feel really guilty for even allowing myself to think about that.
>>
>>8922824
oh god that sounds like the perfect relationship.
I feel you anon
>>
>>8923330
>>8923339

plz go back to tumblr <3333 XD
>>
>>8923478
Aren't you a fucking delight.

>>8923330
>>8923339
Thanks a lot, you are very sweet. My main concern is feeling good about the little progress I make. Like I said, I want immediate results. Since I don't have them, I feel automatically discouraged to try again. I'm constantly "why-bother" with clothes and beauty products, while being salty as fuck that I'm not as cute as famous girl A. My standards are far too high to be remotely comfortable with myself.
>>
>>8921180
Cute as, bruh.
>>
Bought a wig from GLW before all their racism shit. It was supposed to arrive by a certain date but was later told it was actually on preorder despite not being labeled a preorder item. Cancelled order and received a refund. Wig arrived two weeks later. Kept it.
>>
>>8923410
I know what you mean and I have similar issues. However, I think that if, like me, he makes you happy that's all you need. It's your choice and life in the end and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>8922824
I'll be your princess gf, anon
Will you carry my picnic basket to the park for us?
>>
>>8921742
Here here, I'll probably get a bit of Botox and fillers in an attempt to stay kawaii for a little bit longer.
Eventually I'll go Fujiwara San style but not today.
>>
>>8921828
Sounds like you need to join the army. That way you can focus on staying alive and you won't be near anyone who cares and love you.
>>
>>8922136
I also have no time for this on tumblr. I'll treat ppl nicely irl but if they start dangling their speshul snowflake gender whatever in my face like 'you have to call me by my other boy name' I'm just nope.
>>
There's this hot guy I'm seeing (turns heads), he's 'normal' while I'm a lolita, with a dash of anime weeb trash. He says he'll do anything in the bedroom for me, cosplay or other racey kink stuff, I'm besides myself, I know what I want to do but there's no way in hell I would do that to someone I didn't know for very long.
>>
>>8921530
Did she do anything to you personally? Does she even know you exist? Jesus Christ you sound like a stalker. You are obsessive. Please seek help. You're only damaging yourself even more.
>>
>>8923938
I met her in person on vacation a couple of years back. She was alright. We swapped instagrams and followed each other to be polite. Both have since unfollowed each other. I occasionally check on her, but a while ago, she messaged me, asking for advice for a youtube channel, so I gave her the basic pointers.
>>
>>8922061
You sound.. very ill minded.
>>
Fuck it.
I'm buying replica.
>>
There's a gull named Emma I know who's secretly trying to stalk me on social media, but doesn't understand she's terrible at it, since I am also a creeper admittedly. Most of my stuff is private anyway, but I blocked her on one account and she made it obvious she noticed. I keep another account open where I post pics of how happy I am in my relationship, and confirming her feels that I am thinner and have nicer assets, and don't treat beer and pizza like it's a food group or my boyfriend. Normally I wouldn't care, but she really fucked over a couple of friends, and this small act satisfies me, since she shouldn't be creeping anyway.
>>
>>8924028

Just send me nudes and I'll buy you the real one. If you're close I might buy you a wardrobe
>>
>>8924094
I would but I'm fat an unattractive and no brand fits on me.
>>
>>8923410
>>8923699

Aye, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think there are just 2 possible negative outcomes for this. Either you mess up and find someone worse, and regret ruining what you had. Or you find someone "better" but then are still left with the creeping tought that you could still get something better, which will leave you unhappy again.
>>
>>8923410
My best friend has been with her boyfriend for like, almost eight years. It was her first relationship too. She ended up doing that, and they dated other people and her at the time good friend ended up flinging herself at her bf as soon as she could even though he said he wasn't going to date anyone and it turned into this whole drama that boiled over at an anime convention of all things. My bff and her bf got back together and they're currently living happily but damn.

If you're happy, fucking go for it.
>>
>>8921908

Being mistaken for a girl isnt too telling tough. I have been mistaken for a girl while having a goatee (please dont judge too much, everyone makes horrible mistakes right?).

Id, say go for it. If you don't act as an asshole or a creeper i dont see any reason why other lolitas would not warm up to you eventually.
>>
>>8924097
>fat
>ugly
>wearing a replica
GG, anon.
>>
>>8924097
You are me anon.

Though I have no lolita friends and my closest com is three hours away. Plus I wear the fashion once every couple of months. Can't justify spending so much on a dress that won't even fit me when I can buy a replica that was made to measure and the normies around me won't know any difference.

Wear what makes you happy fatty-chan, you only live once and if you're as fat as me by the time you've lost the weight you'll be too old for lolita anyway.
>>
>>8923410
Chiming in with the other anons that told you to stay, because breaking off a happy relationship just to 'have more experience' is pointless. Most people are dating around trying to find what you already have, so why would you throw that away just because someone told you to explore your potential options?

Don't feel guilty for letting yourself think those thoughts, you can't help letting your mind wander when it's been influenced by your peers. As long as you sit down at the end of the day and you've settled on what makes you happy, then it's fine.
>>
>>8922345
- the community self-segregates along racial lines
- no JoAnns/Hancocks to spoonfeed people, going to industry material sources is intimidating for newcomers so everyone buys eBay garbage
- people with fashion-industry backgrounds and really excellent costumes stick to themselves and have no interest in the poorly-dressed underachieving weebs
>>
>>8923410
If you're happy with him, why would you listen to that "explore more" bullshit?
>>
>>8923699
>>8924108
>>8924110
>>8924183
Thank you for the comments. I'm happy with him & I have no intention of leaving. I feel more confident after listening to your opinions & I'll make the best out of the relationship.

>>8924634
My mother especially is really insistent about the whole 'explore more' thing as my dad is her first relationship & she is not happy with it. She always think that she will be better off if she 'explore more' & she does not want me to 'make the same mistakes'. I usually just ignore my family when they keep pushing me about it but the constant chiming somehow hit me a bit, sadly.
>>
>>8924720
I understand where you come from, my father was my mother's first love, and he was a hot mess by the time they got their divorce. I can't say I blame your mum but it's your man, your call. Just because shit happened to her doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen to you, aye?
>>
>>8924720
Meh. If it doesn't work out in the future like your mom, there's always divorce. It's not like marriage is this super-permanent thing anymore. If you are perfectly happy now, there's no reason to change that. If things get bad in the future, then deal with it in the future.
>>
>>8924123
I wear lolita to feel nice, I don't give a fuck about if its real or not. It looks pretty, its going to fit nicely? Don't care.

>>8924182
Hell yeah.
>>
>Confession
I'm thirsty for /cgl/'s approval apparently.
I get upset when I'm not posted to Inspirational/favourite lolitas threads, sweet/classic/otome/cof coord threads and social media account threads.
I know I'm pretty, post good coords, get a decent about of likes/rebloggs, have a decent wardrobe, not chubby or fat, and post decent photos.
So I don't get why my stuff gets overlooked, and I refuse to self post.
I don't why I want /cgl/ attention so bad, I know I shouldn't.
>>
>>8925266

I can understand why. /cgl/ can be pretty cutthroat and nitpicky. By gaining approval, it may be proving to yourself that you're good at what you do. Kinda like getting approval from popular kids in school or something, but much saliter.
>>
File: 1357915074443.jpg (88 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1357915074443.jpg
88 KB, 768x768
>Have online harem
>Have several wives that I actually adore dearly
>Especially one that I planned to meet up with relatively soon because she was only a few hours away
>She leaves because she was apparently confessed to by someone else that she adored
>Heart is sad but brain is numb because because I've always mentally prepared for this since everything was just online, and too busy getting into med school to feel sad

Nothing may have been important or real with anything online, but reading her message while I was purifying mutant protein in my research lab
That
That was an absolutely shitty feeling
>>
My country's conventions are fucking awful, in fact, most of Latin America's conventions are and they never try to improve, it especially pisses me off when they have cosplay guests over guests that actually have talent such as music producers, animators, directors, writers, etc.

The venues are mediocre, the organizers are mediocre, the food stalls are awful and it is bootleg paradise. The only decent thing is the artist alley, but I feel so bad that their talent is so much superior to the actual quality of the con.

I actually really envy my U.S. friends that have decent cons and decent guests, but the fact that they always brag about it pisses me off.

I really hate having high standards about this shit, but I'm very particular about how I have fun.
>>
>>8927334
I don't understand half of what you're saying, but literally all of my in person friendships and my very successful (7 years going) relationship, started online.
Just sayin.
>>
>>8927345
Just to explain, I kind of have this group on skype. It's uh, harem erp and I'm the lucky guy. But I was really attached to two of the wives in the group and one of them left recently and I just been feeling kind of lonely inside my heart. Thanks for the encouragement.
>>
File: 1434067392297-1.jpg (1 MB, 2593x2442) Image search: [Google]
1434067392297-1.jpg
1 MB, 2593x2442
>>8921357

We grew up a few miles away from the LA convention center. so robbing is just second to getting beat up. I know its wrong, but we out here.
>>
>>8928313
are you the guy who likes girls with muscles?
>>
>>8928358
Yes
>>
>>8928421
just wanted to say i admire you, senpai
>>
>>8928429
>>
>>8928437
Maybe you should stop being ita. There is information to be gained from the ita thread, it's just presented pretty harshly. Get over your asspain and learn.
>>
>>8922089
I knew a girl who was all anime is for losers... and after not speaking to her for a couple of months she had turned into the biggest Naruto fangirl, like, wearing those stupid headbands all the time, and a Naruto jacket constantly.

And bitched at me for not knowing enough about anime. I hate it when people are hypocrites like that.
>>
>>8921913
Pretty much this. Unless you're pulling an MB and using "trans" as an alternative label for being a fucking sissy, nobody's gonna care about trans status
>>
>>8922824
I'm an asexual dominate Hime lolita. I want exactly what you just described, plus playing video games together. That's my ultimate relationship dream.
I'm in the South, though, so you are probably not in my area.
>>
I defended the hell out of someone and then found out they were lying about the topic. Multiple accounts to make themselves the victim yada yada. Now I look really stupid. I've kept quiet about it though because they 110% need mental help. It's gone beyond drama. I feel so guilt for not sharing to clear stuff up. I also just want to drop him, but im like their only friend because I didn't bail soon enough.
>I know I'm shit person, but I really want out
>>
>>8929537
Old anime is best anime. Watch the good ones from the early 70's onward and see if she knows shit then
>>
I am no cospleyer, nor do I have knowledge in making one but I find this board very astonishing and so I wish to make friends with someone from here and learn the ways of cosplaying

..Tho I sorta fear rejection for being male and quickly assume Im just trying to get into their pants.
>>
>>8932196
please kill yourself
>>
>>8931902
Sounds like they need help getting over their victim complex. It's not your job to maintain someone else's mental health.
>>
File: Screenshot__1144_.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__1144_.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>8921338
Who was the photographer I wanna feel your hate for him.
>>
File: 1417576133358.jpg (513 KB, 2275x1690) Image search: [Google]
1417576133358.jpg
513 KB, 2275x1690
My cosplays are shlt, I also want a gf but can't get over my relationship phobia since I never been in one. That's why I keep accidenly rejecting girls. Also my friendship circle has gone 0 since I am busy, so I have become quiet an anti/awkward social being. Tried to make friend from cgl, coversation don't last more then 1 day... kek..

>mfw just fuck my shlt up senpai

Kinda feels lonely, but don't we all feel that?
>>
>>8932441
>be me shlt camera phone
>taking low quality pics
>photographer in front of me
>he turns around and says "tap my shoulder if I am ever in your way of taking pics because I might stand up to take better shots"
>tfw he earned me respect
He was really nice, his camera died half way into the panel kek....
>>
>>8922164
Then don't. Go out to places or events and meet new people. If you're that afraid of being alone, you need friends, not an SO. Do you really want to spend all this time with someone you don't even love? If you can't see yourself loving a person, don't bother dating them.
>>
>>8931870
>dominate
*dominant

fyi
>>
Someone from my comm got posted on btb and got hit with a pretty brutal truth stick, and of course she had to send whiteknights to the comment section.

Poor bastards, they don't understand there is a reason as to why some of her former closest friends are running away from her and her bullshit.
>>
>>8932439
Were you in the friend thread?
>>
>>8921180
that's a sign of depression. maybe talk to a therapist?
>>
>>8920981
This is why I think counseling early on is really necessary because if someone transitions, best to do it as young as it's safe and healthy to do and if it IS a phase, then the anger and 'not right' feelings are no less real and could be maybe less painful with some help to deal with it.
>>
>>8921530
If she's on YouTube she can't photoshop THAT MUCH or her videos wouldn't match her photographs. You just sound jelly. If you are this bitter, I'm sure THAT may be contributing to your lack of popularity. It probably shows. No matter how you try to hide such a bad attitude, some of it is going to come through. Focus on your own good points to maximize them and quit comparing yourself to her. When you spend your energy building yourself up instead of trying to tear someone else down, it also makes you feel better.
>>
>>8922061
I think very few have worn Wa well but Qi would be easier to look nice if it was kept simple and elegant. Since neither a qipao (cheongsam) nor most regular kimono are ceremonial garments, the 'cultural appropriation' thing is a pretty dead topic for either. I'd just say don't wear a very short sleeved qipao top if you have fat upper arms.
>>
>>8932565
Their fault for being dumb enough to keep it going. Only attention whores who want the topic to stay front page keep yapping on BTB. If she deserved the smack-down, a real friend would privately and kindly tell her the truth and help her fix the problem.
>>
>>8932988

Ever heard of Kota Koti?
>>
>>8920971
There is always someone richer who looks like they have a better life, no matter how much you earn. I just believe in making the best of my own life and trying my best to improve. When I compare myself to people with so much more I just end up feeling shitty and tired. When I try my own best and pay attention to my own good points I feel better. Just a thought.
>>
>>8933007
Yes but she is still very cute RL and in videos so...?
>>
My confession is that I will never go to a potluck or piknik with my comm because the cooking attempts that I've seen them post are almost all horrifying and I'm afraid I'll get food poisoning.
>>
File: 3[1].png (306 KB, 445x281) Image search: [Google]
3[1].png
306 KB, 445x281
>>8933012

but she still looks radically different irl
>>
A girl popular in my local comm for constant trendhopping molested a kid i babysit who was also interested in cosplay (she just likes all dress up though) and i told another member/the kids aunt
I want to tell the rest of the comm
Her family said it ruined her life and rant about how since shes a girl its not really that bad and about how she was only 17 so the 8 year age gap is nbd but the kids now having to get therapy ect-and that does not come cheap at all
I feel like i want to really ruin her rep but i also kinda feel bad.
>>
>>8933024
Name and shame, you gotta
>>
>>8932606
No I am not saddly, contemplating if I should give it another try.
>>
>>8933024
that's horrendous. that girl is a fucking criminal and should be buried underneath a jail...in hell. fuck her shit up, anon. a high school senior sexually touching a 4th grader? why on Earth do you feel bad? that little girl will have to carry this horror with her for a long time, not to mention her opportunity to develop a healthy sexual self was fucking stolen from her.

shit, I'm mad as hell.
>>
>>8933024
>not really that bad cause she's a girl
dude that shit happened to me, i got molested and sexually assaulted(basically raped) by a girl who was babysitting me as a little kid and no one took it seriously. the girl's parents especially and shit was fucked.
>>
>>8933024
Do the right thing anon.
>>
>>8933431
Try it, I'm a gigantic loser but I managed to maintain one conversation since last week.
>>
>>8920981
I fucking cringed at your nonchalant "legit mental disorder" comment.

you are equating your cisgendered life experience as a masculine female with that of men who are trans (masculine males born with vaginas), and not seeing what's wrong here?

sounds like you spent your childhood worrying about people seeing you as weak and that's why you strongly disidentified with femininity. I get that. but that struggle is in a category miiiiles away from issues affecting trans individuals.

it's pretty fucked up that you aren't thinking critically but projecting your completely different experience onto these guys. do you feel so awkward that you can't have a conversation with them, politely asking questions instead of being so condescending and rigid?

this isn't something that one can just postulate about on one's own, clearly, so you need to get educated and be receptive to the real-life stories and feelings of these men.

I'm so fucking tired of lazy, ignorant 'femnists'.
grow a fucking heart, try to listen and learn to empathy.
>>
>>8933019
Still cuter than most, sorry. Oh and if she's so beastly IRL why is she still hired to model on the regular? She was in the latest lolita bible, a poster feature in fact. So...have some pb to go with your jelly.
>>
>>8921362
Many people fund their cosplay hobby by going pro. If you are paid to cosplay or are hired for any paying gigs, guest appearances, panels, are compensated for anything through passes, travel, accommodation then many things from your costumes, tools and gear to your actual travel and accommodation expenses become tax deductible. Sure lots of it is fame whoring but much of it makes good business sense too. The smart ones have booked an accountant, found out how the laws go for these things and some are doing well. What's so wrong with that? Many people try to turn doing what they love into some sort of profitable venture. This really isn't so different.
>>
>>8921178
That's disgusting and you are an immature twat. I hope you get fired when they catch you doing something else gross. I guess it's true that you can't trust the service worker help, they are simply low class. You are just proving its true.
>>
>>8933583
>masculine males born with vaginas
Thats not a thing
>>
>>8933590
Someone is salty, girl is a subpar 5/10 without all her tricks to change how she looks. Denying reality is how people end up hurting themselves
>>
>>8923661
NICE!
>>
>>8933583
2/10 for getting me to reply and try to comprehend tumblr shit.
>>
I live on campus and wear lolita daily. I never really get involved romantically because dual major /minor/job trifecta.

Anyways, a guy I had met a few years ago and I started getting lunch again recently. It started out with mutuals etc but eventually we spent all of our free time together. Since I wore lolita all the time, he started picking up on all the brand names, prints, and 'rules'. It just gave me happy having someone else be excited with me instead of being upset of how I spent my money or being frilly in public. It helps that he dabbled in BDSM while still knowing how to treat me like a person. (for reference, our kink community on campus is all shitlord dudebros who don't understand safe words and girls who only want to be a pillow princess/findom). He was into cosplay and LARPing so it worked well.

ANYWAYS FOUND OUT HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND HE HID LOL. I cried a lot. Holy Lantern is coming from Tenso at least...

I'm freaking out that she's going to come at my throat instead of his even though I didn't know, that just seems to be how people react. I'm also incredibly lonely now since we let each other absorb so much time together.
>>
>>8920873
you shouldn't thats mediocre. you never did what you like, why don't you revisit her and finally learn from her?
>>
File: g7XI2AJ.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
g7XI2AJ.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>8933637

Shhhh its OK.

I'm sure you can find another man that knows about Lolita to dick you down.

Ask?
>>
>>8933694
I'll be fine, but it's just all together pretty irritating.

I want to surf Lacemarket to chill out, but I have a feeling I'll just end up with more dramu from shit sellers.
>>
>>8933619
Yet she's modeling for burando, right? That's reality. Who is salty?
>>
>>8933590
Japan has weird standards for white girls. She's honestly on modelchans level desu.
>>
File: HPSO1YBO.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HPSO1YBO.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>8933698
Have you thought that maybe he's stuck in a relationship he doesn't want to be in? I have a friend who's a nice guy but is a cuck. I mean a literal cuck, his gf fucks other dudes, but the guy is too afraid to break up with her because they've been together for a long time and are really intimate. She has mental disorders and is generally crazy. He's afraid shell sepuku if he leaves.

If he was hanging out with you so much, its obvious he's not getting that attention from his gf.

You could.... Try to steal him. Go for broke and lay it out. If you like him that much. I bet he likes you a lot too.
>>
>>8933721
encourage him to do the right thing and dump her, what a bitch.

if it was an open friend with benefits relationship it's understandable but holy shit.

she deserves to kill herself if thats what she wants.
>>
>>8933716
I wasn't saying she was super high level, (I agree she's about model-chan level) just that obviously she's still on a level to be hired in person as a paid model and featured in magazines so crying 'photoshop' and 'she's really so ugly' is just dumb jealousy from an amateur youtuber who admitted she was too cheap to buy a decent laptop to edit with and is likely just mostly a bitter Betty. Kota IS more than whoever is crying about her will ever be. Otherwise they'd be too busy to care and they would be sending out their own portfolio and shopping their model profile out there instead of whining about other people and their looks.
>>
I secretly think that people with Tumblr sexualities are fucking retarded but I act like I'm cool with them and think they are okay because so many other girls into fairy kei think they are a demusexual genderqueer cloud-kin that I would definitely be outcasted for not acting like I didn't think it was all completely retatded and that there are only 2 genders.

Also I love listening to Toybox cheesy songs like that when I'm in the mood to be all dressed up and it is emberassing
>>
>>8933583
I got through two lines before my eyes glazed over
and I thought reddit meme-talk was bad
>>
>>8933752

I try. He even likes other girls but is too shy and just ends up sending them anonymous poems.
>>
>>8934013
You're completely right anon. And don't ever think you're a bad person for that. In a few years this shit will blow over. Were here for you
>>
>>8933867
Well I mean she's notorious for her really obvious and sometimes eerie shooping so it's understandable that people get pissy over her still. it sucks because she originally got popular as her shoops and then stayed popular because she's a blonde white plain jane and Japan eats them up. plus the original agency that brought her over needed their money's worth so they marketed the fuck out of her. like being kind of bitter isn't as much of an "LOL SO SALTY" issue you're making it out to be.
>>
I think people make gender way to complicated. It's simply male=penis, female=vagina. I don't mind calling trans people their preferred pronouns (though I refuse to cater to obvious special snowflakes such as ~binary~ people or hyperfeminine girls claiming to be ftm) and could give two shits about what people wear or how they live their life, but at the same time I don't get why it's so socially unacceptable to acknowledge that gender identity should be purely physical and isn't much different from trying to identify as another race. It would be legit if we had the technology to actually change your sex, but sex change operations as we know them today are a total shit show, especially for ftm.
>>
>>8934205
It's like you met Peter Silberman a decade ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSi_FE52TAY
>>
>>8927340
What country?
>>
>>8933583
I made a good-faith attempt to understand this but I'm honestly not sure how most of it follows from the post its replying to
>>
I gained 30 pounds within the last two months after working two years to lose 50 pounds and now I'm severely stretching my burando, which fortunately doesn't show because I utilize boleros and other covers. But I feel really bad, like I know what I need to do to get back into shape but I feel so depressed and unmotivated about it. I feel like ups and downs with my weight has been a constant in my life and I'll never truly get out of the rut of it.
Even looking at 4chan posts about peoples' opinions about fatties doesn't even faze me anymore. I lost the ability to care.

I actually tried on some of my dresses today just to see how bad my weight has become in a mere month's time. I got stuck. My upper shoulder area and boobs accumulated so much fat that I had to inchworm and scoop up my boobs past the waistline and into the bodice. When I tried to take off the dresses I had to peel them off, like a shell, and they still needed extra tugging trying to get them off my ribcage.

I'm considering messaging Truly Darling Boutique to get them altered, it really fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1447411413403.jpg (17 KB, 358x411) Image search: [Google]
1447411413403.jpg
17 KB, 358x411
>mfw this thread
>>
>>8933024
name and shame. do not mention the kid's name or her family's name. expose this creep for the sake of the kid(s) she has abused. send a message.

this is bigger than just you and your comm.
>>
I miss wearing lolita, but none of my lolita friends and I talk anymore, and I really can't handle wearing it alone in my area. I'm probably gonna sell it all and go on a nice vacation with the money since I haven't worn anything in months and months, but it makes me sad since I love my wardrobe so much. I worked really hard to put nice coords together, and so many of them I never even got to wear. But I just don't want it clogging up my closet or my brain anymore. Oh well.
>>
sometimes I will get my husband to spit a lot on a sanitary pad and then let it all soak into it before wearing it under my Lolita

I'll walk around wearing Lolita and a spit soaked maxipad
>>
>>8934747

Why?
>>
>>8934751
because I have a spit fetish/oral fixation
>>
>>8934754

Do you ever get a rash?
>>
>>8934903
I haven't yet
>>
>>8933609
>bitch who got her drink spat in detected
>>
>>8934945
No, I don't go to places where I know the help personally. It's awkward. And if I did run into someone I knew working as a server, I'd expect them to be professional and I treat everyone at least politely so I'd hope they would not spit in my (or anyone's) drink. That's just not normal. If they had gotten caught they would have been fired on the spot. Only a deranged person would risk their job over some random comment by a girl they don't even like. Stupid.
>>
>>8934745
You could always save a couple just for fun but if it's dragging you down, sure, have a big auction and do something you'd enjoy with the money. Let me know when your sale starts :^ )
>>
>>8934592
Get them altered but shirred or altered in a way so if you get motivated, they can still fit if you do lose some? But if you lost, then regained over half of it, wow. Something tells me you won't ever be motivated to really keep it off so why be miserable in tight clothes and hide under boleros?
>>
>>8932196
Post in the friend thread. Just don't be creepy. Say exactly what you said here. "I want to learn how to cosplay and I don't know where to start."
>>
>>8933024
Please do it, molesting a kid is a very horrible thing no matter what gender is the molestator!I wanted to voice out a person that sexually harassed someone (not underage) but i couldn't because no one as her victims would believe me and no proof just a weird telling of her excusing as "bothering someone sexually". I regret not having did nothing for expose a sexual offender but you can anon.
>>
>>8934955
>someone deliberately goes to a restaurant to be a bitch to a worker
>gets spit in their drink
Why does this trigger you? She got what was coming to her. If she was polite, maybe it would be a horrible thing, but she wasn't. Talk shit, get spit.
>>
File: 1429621691373.png (96 KB, 214x221) Image search: [Google]
1429621691373.png
96 KB, 214x221
>>8934943
Would some one spitting in your food turn you on?
>>
I love cute flat girls.

Moreso if they're also going as a character who is flat.
>>
>>8935016
I've actually gotten my husband to before, and he's also actually spread my butthole open kinda and spit in it too

I don't think I'd enjoy a stranger doing it because I view it as something intimate
>>
>>8935001
No, reacting in a vengeful way makes the worker just as shitty as the one she was getting pointless revenge on, plus risking her job and just being a gross pig. Wow, what ever happened to just 'grow up, be the better person'?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.