[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Boston 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: logo_C5440.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
logo_C5440.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
Last thread went into autosage.

AB is less than a week away!
>Are your cosplay finished? Be honest.
>Post cosplay lineups!
>What panels or events look good?
>>
Meetup reminders:

>Friday meet will be at 4 pm at Kung Fu Tea
>Saturday meet will be at 11 pm, place TBD
>>
>tfw not going
>>
>>8919840

Couple good bars on Boylston. Whiskeys, The Pour House. For saturday night
>>
in case anyone didn't pre-reg yet, it got extended to the 22nd.
>>
>>8919819
Diamond Dogs soldier, I'll be on the lookout for you. Prepare yourself. ( ˘ 3˘)
>>
Did anyone end up getting into the llsif competition?
After 3 days of compulsively checking I think its safe to say I did not.
>>
Slumming it in a hedgehog kigu with a normie buddy of mine. I'll be the dude backflipping and doing tricks for conversation.

>tfw all cosplay plans fell through
>>
Currently fixing my Fourth Doctor and found a close enough shirt for my Morty Smith.

I guess I'm hoping to get a VA to sign one of my games. Anyone notable going?
>>
Decided to go last minute, so I'm frantically throwing together some coords. Really doesn't help that most of the good shit is in storage at my parents' house.
>>
Watch out for Eugene Manning
>>
>>8921497
I feel that, anon, I checked a bunch of times but don't think I'm in, either

>>8920521
I haven't been to either of those, do you know if they'd be down to have a bunch of cosplayers hanging out there?

>>8921903
Who?
>>
>>8921903
what did he do now?
>>
>>8921930
>>8921915
Eugene did nothing. A bunch of photographers have vendetta and can't stop talking shit about EMCP.
>>
>Are your cosplay finished

My first time actually sewing anything or making any kind of prop, so while they may be finished, they're crap.
>>
>>8921497
A friend of mine did. I heard there are only 20 people in each round, so it's not surprising most of us are out of luck.
>>
I have no fucking idea what my Sunday coord is going to be and I am flipping out a bit.
Was banking on holy lantern getting hear in time, and that was stupid, and I'm too fat for my planned backup.
I am usually packed and ready by now I don't know what the fuck happened this year.
>>
Holy shit my boyfriend is just barely coming close to finishing his cosplay and we haven't started packing either. We only live about 40 minutes from boston though
>>
Im desperately seeking a room spot now that 4 people decided to drop and the host cancelled the room.
>>
So apparently there are going to be metal detectors this year. Can't wait to see the reaction lmao.
>>
>>8922807
Hey anon, email me some of your details! I have a spot at the Marriott Thursday-Sunday for 110.
>>
>>8922832
Was that posted on the AB site? That'll make the lines super long...
>>
>>8922837

Sure
>>
>>8922807
>>8922837
Shit anon I'm sorry, I got my own email wrong. Email me here instead.
>>
>>8922843
http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/570
>>
>>8922832
Oh, this'll be fun.
>>
>>8922853

Alright thanks. Sent
>>
>>8921915
What hasn't he done?
>>
>>8921986
Eugene we know it's you
>>
>Are your cosplays finished?
Besides touching up, yes.
>Panels?
Anything horror I'm hoping to check out. Looks like hentai dubbing will be coming back Friday night too.

Regarding the metal detectors, what are things that will sure set it off?
I was hoping to bring a flask but it looks unlikely. Is it possible to have a plastic bottle on my body if this is the case?
>>
>>8922900
really? I thought hentai dubbing was gone for good
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x870
>>8922916
It's calling Dubbing After Dark with Marthmallows hosting.
>>
>>8922832
>I have a metal medical device that TSA employees are actually trained to handle but not regular guards
Great...
>>
>>8921915

Yea me and my buddies always go out to these places on Boylston. Altho it might be jammed since its a Saturday night on the busiest street in Boston
>>
>>8922832
>>8922860

Heads up to anyone who hasn't clicked to read it, not only are there metal detectors but they're also sending people outside go get from the Pru into the hynes again like they did last year. If you have delicate costumes that will get jacked up by wind or rain, try not to leave the hynes I guess....
>>
>>8922998
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm worried about. The locations of both those bars are great, but it'd be nice of one of them had an area to hang out in like the WST in Baltimore. I'm not super familiar with the bars around Boston, so any information is very appreciated!
>>
>>8923013
AB gets worse every year. I think this might be the last time I go.
>>
Holy shit I looked all over 4chan for a place to make this thread.

Anyway Boston U here, can I ask some questions?

Would it be wierd to go alone? All my friends are normies.

Do you guys think they'll have Touhou, Lain, Welcome to the NHK "things" I could cop?

Oh and would it be wierd not to have a costume?
>>
>>8923047
What do you mean, "boston u here"?
In response to your questions, no, you can go alone and be fine, you can always make friends at the con; yes, there should be touhou, lain, and NHK things in the dealer's room, and no, you can go in normal clothes and it's not weird.
>>
>>8923060
Thanks fampai

Oh and I meant Boston University
>>
>>8922986
Get some sort of pamphlet of information about it and try to contact both AB and MCCA staff like, ASAP before the con.
>>
>>8923013
Can AB just go to the BCEC already? I know it's fucking huge and a little more space than what we need but the Hynes gets packed anyway and I think the extra breathing room will be a lot better. I'm just sick of what seems like the Pru trying to fuck shit up on purpose. Can't say much about security cause I know they aren't jacking it up to be dicks on purpose but goddamn.
>>
>>8923072

BCEC has the same bag check / detector issues, they and the Hynes are both owned by MCCA. The real problem is the way the space is laid out, not the actual size. Too much expo floor not enough med and small rooms.
>>
File: P1160295.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1160295.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
>>8921246
I'll be looking out U U U U
>>
definitely not going next year. i wish i could cancel next year too.
>>
File: P1160347.jpg (452 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1160347.jpg
452 KB, 1600x1200
QUICK, post your props!

The MP5 and Glock were just $5 Wal*Mart toys. The paintjobs were made to look as shitty and toyetic as possible, just so some BPD hothead doesn't see a cracker with a scary black hi-capacity assault rifle and think about shooting my ass.
>>
>>8923104
Why?
>>
>>8923066
Oh ok, same here and nice dubs
>>
I love how the pru can't come to terms with they are attached to a convention center. Then whine that the icky congoers would rather walk through their precious tourist trap then out in the cold
>>
>>8923110
the pru is being ridiculous. they've been so pretentious about their shitty mall for too long. and the con holds little of interest for me now.
>>
File: image.gif (27 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
27 KB, 240x200
>>8923111
n-nice trips senpai
>>
>>8923124
Pru?

Pls no bully
>>
>>8923135
The pru is short for the Prudential Center, the uppity shopping mall attacked to the Hynes

Google is always your friend
>>
there will be an Item Check station inside the Hynes Convention Center that charges only $1 per item to hold on to your things for as long as the Convention Center is open!

How about no?
>>
>>8923152
I mean, for people who buy a lot of shit at the dealer's room, it'd be nice to have a place to put it so you're not carrying it around all day
>>
so when/where is seagull meet?
>>
>>8923161
See >>8919840
>>
>>8923162
okay thanks(i'm a a fucking idiot)
>>
>>8923155
Oh no my bad I thought it was they were going to charge us to just carry our own shit.
>>
>>8923167
>time for bully
anon pls think these things through, why would they even do something like that
>>
I'm going with a group of my friends as Naruto characters and I couldn't afford to go another day as Josuke like I wanted to. It's my first time at a big con (if you consider Connecticon a small one) and my friends said we'd get alot of pictures so I didn't look into panels
>>
I don't know why the hell they can't manage the bag checks in a timely manner. Pax east has had a bag check for the past two years and they don't have any problems with lines to get into the con and the bcec has even less entrances. I don't know why they can't figure it out at the hynes, anime boston doesn't even have half the attendees of pax.
>>
I just bought a pass; should I print it out or can I keep it on my phone?
>>
>>8923487
you can keep it on your phone and then just pull up the email to scan at badge pickup, i've done it the last three years and it's fine.
>>
>>8923487
Keeping it on your phone works just fine isn't super cracked or anything
>>
>>8923452
I guess it goes to show how efficient it is at pax, because I didn't even know pax had one until this thread - I forgot MCCA oversees both the Hynes and BCEC. Just throwing things out there, is it because there's more physical space for more lines???
>>
>>8923436
I doubt you're gonna get that much attention as Naruto characters
>>
>>8923645

A lot more normals at PAX who are coming in with just a billfold instead of a giant bag of all their con essentials or bulky giant cosplays?
>>
>>8923452
PAX has bag check set up outside on the sidewalk outside the BCEC meaning they have fifteen lines going at once. The Hynes is trying to cram people through 4 doors at the Pru entrance. It's not a matter of efficiency so much as it is simple space.
>>
>>8922832
>>8922986
If they run their metal detectors anything like the BCEC, they do not give a solitary shit if you set it off, as long as you fuss about it. Just tell them you have a medical device/it's part of your cosplay/whatever, and they'll send you on your merry way into con. It's inconvenient, false security at its finest.
>>
Going as Shin from eyeshild 21
If u see me just yell Touchdown
I MAY BRING A FOOTBAAhl
>>
>>8923452

What? the Hynes has two (three if you count Sheraton entrance but it's literally one door) entrances as opposed to 5 at the BCEC. They also don't use metal detectors at all entrances which is why you probably didn't even realize it existed.
>>
File: eugene.png (1 MB, 960x1496) Image search: [Google]
eugene.png
1 MB, 960x1496
>>8921986
Hi Eugene
>>
>>8925399
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8923683
Are there a lot of Naruto cosplayers or do people just not care?
>>
>>8925399
that's fucked up
>>
>>8923060
>>8923047
hello bu alum here
u guys kno the anime club organizes a meetup if u have no friends to go with
claudie will u b my gf
>>
>>8925555
Yeah, seconding about the anime club, if you really have no one else to go with then you can always hit up people there (you might have mixed results tho)

Sorry sempai I cannot notice you or be your gf
>>
>>8925665
o-oh ok
thanks for calling me senpai
pls accept my mal friend request
>>
>>8925665
will you be my gf, southbirds?
>>
>>8925670
But I haven't gotten any new friend requests, anon

>>8925671
southbirds best love live
>>
>>8925695
wat is ur username then
i was excited because the claudie i found had similar taste 2 me
>>
>>8925702
Username for what? Haha sorry anon but I'm not sure which site you mean
>>
>>8925705
myanimelist
>>
>>8925707
Oh, ok! Accepted!
>>
>>8924736
Oh shit, what day? I'm going as Sena Saturday.
>>
just found out i got some space in my room if anyone's interested. currently 3 people.
>>
>>8926300

Im interested email?
>>
>>8926350
sorry! dropped email. this is a throwaway.
>>
>>8926370

Sent with my throwaway
>>
>>8923072

I'm pretty sure the Sheraton has a contract with AB still, but I'm from Southie and would definitely rather it move there. Despite the hotels for out of towners being more expensive on the Waterfront than in town
>>
>>8923436

ConnectiCon might be bigger, well it feels bigger to me anyway
>>
Whos going Thursday to get their badge? Pre-Reg is open 4-10
>>
>>8923072
>>8926408
AB has a contract with the Hynes until 2020, so the Pru no longer cares about cooperating with them since the con's locked in. Which is why everything's gone to shit in the past couple years. I'd also love to see the con move, but it's not gonna happen for a while.
>>
>>8926423
I will be! I'll also be at the gull meet as Marine Nico.
>>
>>8926423
i am! i'll be out of cosplay that night and probably just walking around.
>>
>>8926423
I am! I'll probably be in himekaji instead of cosplay since I'll be coming right from a class, but I wish I could be in cosplay
>>
>>8926426
I forgot to mention I'll be at registration as Umaru probably around 4:30-5, so if you see me say hi!
>>
File: Godzilla.gif (4 MB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla.gif
4 MB, 690x388
Going as the king again also gonna be Godzilla referee to go with the theme.
>>
Is it possible to get my tickets on Saturday? I can't really go earlier and i'm only going then, is the line too long?
>>
>>8926726
If you go early it should be fine but be prepared to wait in line con 2016 regardless
>>
What's the best day to grab my badge before the big crows hit?
>>
*crowds
>>
>tfw because of classes and communiting you probably won't be in the city until 6, and even then you probably won't be in the convention until 7 because you need to go drop your stuff off at friend's hotel which is by the td garden, which isn't that far but it'll probably take me time to find an uber or get on the train there and back and also change when I get to the hotel

;_; there's not even many interesting panels I want to go to on Friday but I still feel annoyed that I'm gonna be almost missing the whole day. saturday I'm a little busy so friday I was planning on walking around and just trying my best to like, socialize and get pics of cosplays and whatnot. I guess I'll just stay the whole of sunday. I dunno why I feel so pissed off about getting in so late though, I think I'm convinced I'm like, not gonna be able to get any time at the con in on Friday because since I'm getting there so late, I'm worried by the time I make it my friends are gonna be wanting to leave to go back to the hotel but I don't want to like, make anyone stay at the con longer if they're tired and wanna leave, or other friends that I find are gonna be scooting out because they're gonna go for dinner at that time, and then leave the con for the evening.

I think I'm just overthinking things and also slightly overemotional because it's that time of the month again for me.
>>
>>8923161
>seagull
Aw man, for a while I thought that meant an Umineko meet.
>>
I'm just going Sunday. Who all is going on the 27th?
>>
>>8926423
I'll be there in my Diamond Dog jacket.
>>
>>8926970
shit i wish!
>>
>>8926970
i could've sworn i saw a thread on their forums' cosplay meetup about umineko
>>
>>8927144
I'm only seeing a thread for 2015, unfortunately.

Coincidentally, I really want to do an Umineko murder mystery panel next year. I experience something like it at ACen last year, which I attended cuz Ryukishi07 was a guest. It was AWESOME.
>>
heads up for anyone cosplaying, rain is in the forecast for Friday
>>
>>8926571
Tell donny I say high also go to bed blue shirt
>>
I didn't know people still cared about Umineko around here... I'll be Siesta 45 on Sunday! I'd love to see some other seagulls as well. Shame there's no meet, though I can't say I'm entirely surprised.
>>
>>8927280
i was going to bring my furfur but my zepar isn't going to be here.
>>
>>8927280
I loved umineko! I hope I see you! :) I'll be
>>
>>8926763
Thursday if prereg
>>
>>8926423
Anything unofficial going on Thursday?
>>
How big do you think the lines will be to pick up your badge get inside?
>>
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1536x2048
i'm shopping for con snacks tomorrow. this is my tenative list, but does anyone have any more suggestions? peanut-free please!
>>
>>8927324
you said seeds, definitely do pumpkin seeds. also they have these weird fruit/grain drink pouches(kind of like drinkable applesauce) that are great! super refreshing and fairly healthy.
>>
>>8927328
i'll keep those in mind! thank you!

yeah i heard about those packets! been meaning to try em! thanks again!
>>
>>8927324
Personally I've always thought of baby carrots as the perfect healthy snack. they can go an entire day without being refrigerated and still be just as good.
>>
>>8927333
this is so much help thank you so much!
>>
>>8926763
Thursday.
>>
>>8927328
Luna Bars are my go-to, I live off of them at cons. I like fruit leather too, it's easier for me to eat instead of the dried fruit pieces.
>>
>>8927391
ah, fruit leather! why didnt i think of that! i'll check out luna bars too- thank you for the suggestions!
>>
Any body from the west coast have any advice for going to anime Boston. Specifically travel and how to prepare? Im going next year and want to start planing ASAP
>>
Soon!
>>
The Marriott just upgraded me to a suite for free cus I got here so early! Shit's fucking cash
>>
>>8926423
Going tonight at 9:30 after work, hope I make it to avoid the cluster.
>>
lol i wonder how many of yous I've passed already in the halls. You see a kid with a red beard, fangs and red contacts in all black say hi!
>>
>>8927630
Not west coast anon, but bring clothes for both warm, cold, sun, and rain. You,ll need them
>>
Anyone getting in on a late flight? I'd really prefer a travel buddy if i'm going to brave transit at 11pm
>>
File: 1458863135442.jpg (562 KB, 1512x2584) Image search: [Google]
1458863135442.jpg
562 KB, 1512x2584
decided I'm going as Tay from Tayandyou on twitter.
>>
hey guys I live in Connecticut and I forgot about anime boston, should I make the ~2 hour drive there for one day? Is it worth? I have no cosplay...
>>
>>8928728
Yeah I'd say so, even if you just come up for the day and hang around until you want to leave.
I'm a CT anon myself and i find its always worth the drive.
>>
>>8928732
cool haha, I'm desperately trying to convince my buddy to come with me. I always go to connecticon and enjoy it, last time I cosplayed kung fury (which I could do again I guess)

I'll see what I can do
>>
Can someone please post photos of what Klab (Love Live) is selling when the con starts tomorrow? I can't find any info anywhere. They have almost zero English presence, actually...
>>
File: 1458873967280.png (50 KB, 563x447) Image search: [Google]
1458873967280.png
50 KB, 563x447
>>8928675
you know she's gone forever right?
>>
Anybody order from the pancake service on the anime Boston social page? Is it like....real?
>>
do you guys think they'll card for alcohol?
>>
i looked through my suitcase to get tomorrow's cosplay out and i left my red belt at home, i'm so stupid and trying to find any store in the area that'll have something similar to what i left at home.

sage for OT but i'm letting a belt ruin my convention the night before.
>>
>>8925399
is eugene going to be there this weekend? it's going to be fun
>>
>>8928915
I think so? He was spamming the AB social page a lot leading up to the con.
>>
>>8928910
the garment district in cambridge maybe? the costume section might have something? what is the belt like - like, is it something you'd need to just buy a legit belt for or do you think you could fashion a makeshift one in the cosplay repair hq?
>>
>>8928959
it's a legit belt unfortunately, like, if i tried to diy it, it'd look bad and throw off my whole cosplay.

macy's and target are open tomorrow so i'll go there as soon as possible i guess.
>>
>>8928975
good luck anon. there's also primark at downtown crossing, and there's forever21 within the neighborhood of the con on newbury street.
>>
>>8928909
Where are you speaking of? I haven't been to a bar in Boston proper where they haven't carded
>>
Anyone looking to buy a discounted weekend badge? It looks like i've got an extra on my hands.
>>
>>8928774
I've got you anon! I get in early too cus crunchyroll premium
>>
I'm so fucking excited. Having to wait during my work shift is going to be hell.
>>
It's raining :c
>>
>>8929066
>>8928909
Boston's a college city which means that every bartender ever is gonna card you. You have to go out of the city for a few miles before you can get anywhere.
>>
Christ the line to get in is horrible.
>>
File: 1401378049224.jpg (32 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1401378049224.jpg
32 KB, 414x499
Who /newhampshireliquorstore/ here
>>
>>8929226
Thanks! Waiting warmly.
>>
>>8919840
>Kung Fu Tea
The one on Mass Ave right?
>>
>>8919819
I've never been to /cgl/ before, but I figured I might as well come to see if there's an Anime Boston thread. Lo and behold, there is one. Neat. I'm still ticked that my home board, /co/, never had a Drawncon thread.

I have a three day weekend pass, but I can't go today because I have classes. I hope I don't miss anything good.
>>
>>8929674
Yep!
>>
>>8928909

I'm from the city, they card everywhere
>>
File: kungwhat.png (494 KB, 1150x648) Image search: [Google]
kungwhat.png
494 KB, 1150x648
>>8919840
>Kung Fu Tea

Err... I assume its the closest instead of the Chinatown one?
>>
>>8929779
>>8929727

Nevermind I'm dum
>>
>>8929779
Yeah I was thinking that one but hey if it rains, would people want to meet up somewhere else inside the pru/hynes?
>>
holy shit the line to pick up your pass is insane
>>
>>8929827
Welcome to AB. Keeping linecon alive and kicking.
>>
So I go to South Station, take the red line to Park Street, then the green line to Hynes, is that correct? A classmate of mine gave me those directions.
>>
>>8929875
Yup! You got it!
>>
>>8929786
Nah bro, I'm here at kung fu. Hedgehog kigu.
>>
>>8929980
I'm here in LL cosplay!
>>
>>8924736
GO FAR AWAY 抱きしめて疾走れ
>>
Day 1, who hype
>>
If anyone sees MGS1 Solid Snake, say hi!
>>
Coming back from AB, lines were abysmal, the dealers room was under whelming and everything ended up being boring, who needs a line for tomorrow from Worcester area?
>>
Yo if anyone manages to find something Touhou lemme know senpai
>>
>>8930250
Saw some posters of Reimu and Alice. Thats it.
>>
Gull meetup was fun. I'm the guy who lives nearby.

Going to eat and drink at some point soon, lmk if interested
>>
Whats the idoru panel about? I cant find it in the booklet.

Also, randomly walked into the Nano.Ripe concert, they are pretty good.
>>
>>8930250
there was yukari and remilia figs in the dealers room
>>
Just bought a pass on whim and it's my first con? Any advice at all?
>>
>>8930303
always check multiple vendors for different prices before buying
>>
I waited in line for two and a half fucking hours, shit was unreal. What the fuck were they thinking.

Hows your guys experience going so far? Anyone wanna meet up at any panels?
>>
>>8930303
Hydrate
>>
Does the Crunchyroll table have a live stream up this year?
>>
>>8930336
Depends, are you a qt grill? My normie friend is tapping out on me and I wanna chill with cool folks. Save me!
>>
>>8930367
I'm not a qt grill but I'd be down later, might go to the hentai dubbing or something, drinking now
>>
>>8930382
Awright, I'm down. Meetcha somewhere? I need to shower right quick beforehand then I can scoot.
>>
>>8930382

We (the guys from meetup) are relaxing at my place ATM. It's about 20 min from the con -- if people want, we can all drink here.
>>
>>8930382
We're in line for hentai dubbing.
Look for a kigu with a stethoscope.
>>
Line too long. No adorbz LL cosplayers to be seen. Retiring for the night, let's hook up tomorrow. :3
>>
>>8930499

Oh shit son me too. Look for a disarmed hawkeye in a leather vest
>>
File: 20160325_220209.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160325_220209.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
Why is No one posting pics?
>>
>>8930512
How the hell are you guys dealing with that? We were behind a speaker and had to leave because he kept screaming into the mic
>>
>>8930552
There wasn't much to take pic about sadly, hopefully Saturday will deliver more, got bored really quick Friday.
>>
File: 2016-03-26 00.27.30.jpg (4 MB, 2140x2901) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-26 00.27.30.jpg
4 MB, 2140x2901
>>
>>8930512
>>8930558
we left around 12:30. it was a bit loud/unpleasant sound-wise
there were a few funny parts for sure though
>>
File: CeaSvE_UIAUwApN.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CeaSvE_UIAUwApN.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
pic related, had to take one of my favs lol

anyone know what song they're doing for the love live contest thing? idk if they're even letting anyone else in it but if so I definitely wanna know the song it is so I can practice.
>>
Shout outs to linecon 2016, feet killing me. If you see an Eyeshield tomorrow, say hey!
>>
Where the orgies at
>>
>>8930591
Angelic Angel, Takaramonos, Paradise Live
>>
File: 20160325_142435.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160325_142435.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Saw a couple of neat costumes. There were a couple of tan, long haired body builders walking around. Hope someone got a picture, I was too shy to ask for one.
>>
File: 4L_47Qbg8rr.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4L_47Qbg8rr.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
make anime great again
>>
Aaa still looking to sell off a weekend pass for like, $50. I'm pretty shy and going up to the registration line to ask around is rather intimidating.
>>
File: 1373413524430.jpg (11 KB, 252x226) Image search: [Google]
1373413524430.jpg
11 KB, 252x226
If anyone sees Guilty Gear cosplay, take pics p-please
>>
>>8930856
Did they make a flag too? I really wanted the patch but a flag would be awesome.

Also if you see hoodie homura(male) say whats up. And feed me alchohol if at all possible.
>>
yo where we meetin today
>>
>>8930882
$13 and free shipping
>>
This is the best party I've been to whoa.
>>
>>8930864
I'm cosplaying from guilty gear!
>>
The line to get in from Dalton is bananas.
>>
>>8930552
Because everyone is still in line
>>
>>8930761
They're the three songs that magically appeared in game during a score match so you have to waste LP on them

Shouldn't it have notified you if you are in the contest for that matter?
>>
Linecon 2016 is the best line convention in the US. If you like lines like I like lines you will be in heaven here.
>>
Who meido here
>>
Do we need a new thread?
and we got a place for tonight's meetup?
>>
>>8931220
Not autosaging yet
>>
>>8931220
I left senpai. This old con just ain't what it used to be. New venue when?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Some fun from the Metal Gear photoshoot.
>>
File: 0326161700.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0326161700.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
A bit from day 1 and 2
1/?
>>
File: 0326161626.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0326161626.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
2/?
>>
File: 0325161216a.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0325161216a.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
3/?
>>
File: 0325161928a.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0325161928a.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Didn't remember to flip the last one
4/?
>>
Alright so far favorite cosplay and what you were
>Franky
>Hidan

If you have any pictures of the entire Akatsuki group post them too
>>
File: 2016-03-26 18.42.25.jpg (3 MB, 3262x1721) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-26 18.42.25.jpg
3 MB, 3262x1721
>>8931473
>>
File: IMG_20160326_194757007.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_194757007.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>working a booth
>some good cosplayers some bad
>only go to /cgl/ while I work cons
>never get to see /cgl/ cosplays or talk to any of you people

Here's a scavenger hunt. First one to find the booth selling this plushie gets one on me. Ask the umbreon autist about rainbow shirt guy behind the booth. I'll post when somebody gets it.
>>
>>8931545
Fuck you, im at a panel
>>
>>8931563
Fuck you I don't get to go to panels
>>
Has anyone else been having issues with hotel staff/security being a massive clusterfuck? I was told by one of the people
>hey don't use this pathway go 100 yards out of your way to use the other one
got there and the security there was saying to use the one I was told not to, there were a lot of people gathered and I had to pretty much threaten them with acting like I was gonna lose my shit to let me through
>>
>>8931586
There are a ton of temp people for this event that don't actually know the building that well. Last night one told me to just go through the alarm door because "it probly doesn't work"
>>
>>8931569
>>8931586
Coming from the shopping mall I noticed people in front of me being told to go outside to get to the convention. So I told the security that I was going to the dunkin dounuts thatbwas close and they let me through. Was wierd but I think they are trying to control where the congestion is.
>>
>>8931594
I was talking to this girl in the elevator line yesterday and she said the hotel itself took 4+ hours to get them a room even though they had a reservation and came at the time the hotel told them to, and they only eventually got the room because they complained about the wait

>>8931596
I'm staying in the Sheraton and was just trying to get back to my hotel, they wouldn't let people going to the hotel through at all since they wanted to keep things clear for the con people I guess? I've had several issues and all of them resolved only when I pretended to be more mad than I was.
>>
Glad I work in the Pru and know the ins and outs and can just use that as an excuse to bypass bullshit roadblocks.
>>
>>8931607
>long ass lines
>yell "Hot Soup" and they get out of the way
>never searched by security, never stopped for any reason
Fuck yeah artist badge.
>>
Bad Anime Bad is still as good as ever
>>
>>8931545
Vendor here, someone claimed the prize. Rainbow shirt will be taking 25% off your purchases until artist alley closes.
>>
So whats going on for Sunday?, had to miss today.
>>
Aaaand tonight's meetup location is...?
>>
File: 2016-03-26 21.22.40.jpg (3 MB, 2214x2272) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-26 21.22.40.jpg
3 MB, 2214x2272
>>8931674
That's right we won. Everyone else can go home now. My wife and I are getting some drinks and going to karaoke if anyone sees us say what's up
>>
What's the plan tonight gulls?
>>
The wife and I are looking for something to do after karaoke. Sucks the subway only runs till 2 am but we are chilling till then. What's the plan 4chan?
>>
I'm gonna be at the Marriott lobby at 11 PM.
>>
>>8931770
I'll meet up in the sheraton lobby or somewhere in the con if that's where you are.
>>
>>8931776
ahh okay. Ignore my post.
Marriott lobby it is
>>
>>8929980
>>8929786
Huh. Did not know they had one down there. Was just around there the other day.

Might attend the con tomorrow, but probrably be meetings friends elsewhere. Just want to say that might be a good place as it is far enough from the con and, judging from the one in Allston, might have decent space.
Ha Ha. Just looked up to see someone taking a photo in front of where I was sitting... and it was of a guy dressed as Gendo. I really should finally do one myself. Been saying it with friends since I saw Eva in high school in the late 90s.
>>
>>8931776
We are going to the hilt on for karaoke after this drink. If you wanna see my drunk wife make a fool of herself come through. I would post a picture but it takes forever. We are the ones who won the scavenger hunt. Come say 0what's up
>>
>>8931783
We are on the bar at the Sheraton by the window. Come say what's up and have a drink with us
>>
>>8931790
derp.
just realized that said Friday anyway.

Also.. dunno if I should give this local tidbit away, but if you hop on the 1 bus, over the river to Central Square, there is an H Mart Asian market right there. Just hit that up on the way to the Pru to meet friends attending and working at the con today.
>>
>>8931796

Gonna walk over. If everyone is in Sheraton night as well meet there
>>
>>8931413
Me in the middle.
>>
Damn. I keep forgetting how much construction and rennovation and new storefronts have gone on around the Pru. Usually am around Mass Ave and Newbury St more.
>>
any qt grills wanna chill in my suite
>>
>>8931844
LOL your posting on 4changing bro. Me and the wife are going to karaoke now. She is the choking who is drunk. We meet up with a couple of dudes from here that were cool but we wish there was a meet up somewhere. 4 change had disappointed today
>>
>>8931844

Most I can do is put on a cosplay skirt on
>>
>>8931849
This post is how drunk I am right now
>>
>>8931479
Pain in this had me dying
>>
I have never had a worse time at a convention.
>>
File: nyoho.jpg (141 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
nyoho.jpg
141 KB, 500x667
I love this con
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.