[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime!Japan 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: A!J.png (1 MB, 1131x706) Image search: [Google]
A!J.png
1 MB, 1131x706
Is anyone going there? How about we wait in the queue together?
>>
>>8919641
I'll be there anon! Our group is going on Saturday. Never been before, what can we expect?
>>
>>8919692
We just arrive on Saturday so we'll go on Sunday. I've never been there myself but expect large and I mean LARGE queue. Are you going to cosplay (we do, there are 2 of us)? Then don't arrive in a cosplay, wear inexpensive clothing yourself and take your cosplay with you.
So, are you going on Sunday as well?
>>
>>8919697
We're getting to Japan on Friday and we have things planned for Sunday so we chose Saturday. One of our group plans on cosplaying but apparently we were reading about it and you can only cosplay in a designated hallway for it? Is that true? Sucks if it is.
>>
>>8919703
Nah, there are several areas for it, a designated hallway is for large and bothering cosplays only.

Too bad, it's going to be a bit lonely with just the two of us since we go on different days.
>>
>>8919707
Oh, okay great! I might bring one of my smaller cosplays with me then, hmm. Hopefully someone else posts in the thread that is going on Sunday!
What cosplays are you both wearing?
>>
>>8920112
Redline's JP and Sonoshee.
>>
>>8920543
We're the only two anons going I guess haha! I hope you have fun on Sunday.
>>
I'm going to take a bag to poo in and you're all going to watch me
>>
Awww I got to go last year. It was my first real Japanese con. Have fun gulls. There were quite a bit of cool things to see.
>>
>>8925690
Can you post your experience? It's our first time going and we're not sure what quite to expect other than the long lines.
>>
>>8925540
I was able to found another 2 cosplayers to go on Sunday (and they are from my country as well) so it's going to be okay I hope.

>>8925690
Yes, please share your experience with us.
>>
>>8925928
to find*
>>
Went last year. Best line order ever. No complains. It s long but moves so fast.
>>
A lot of free file and paper stiff. Better if you can understand japanese. Lots of full sizes diorama to take photos with. Exclusive merchandises. Unlike usa cons, no artist alley or autograph. It's more like just companies showing off their proper ties and new anime coming up. No dealers to sell stuff. Honestly, one day is all it takes unless you have stage viewing tix
>>
>>8926965
When have you arrived to the location and how long were you in the queue?

>>8926971
Thank you! So there is no chance to grab a seiyuu authograph? There is a HF panel and I would love to have Kada Ueda authograph for her Blazblue role.
>>
i believed it opened at 10am, so I came about a hour later. just follow where everyone is going. in line 11am, in building 11:30am. honesty, unless you want exclusive merchandises, there's not need to come at the opening.

there are guests, but no meet and greet. just talks and concerts, which you will need a ticker for and I believe it's sold in advance.
the regular tix just gets you in.
It feels more like a industry convention.
Only need a day to see it all.
Like AX dealers hall but without the dealers and more companies with huge awesome sets. i'll try to see if i have any photos.
unlike other fan events, this one is more professional and not as much cosplayers I guess.
>>
File: IMG_5169.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5169.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>8925775
>>8925928
I will admit, my Japanese is very rough, so things were hard to understand for me at times. Shops and booths did a pretty good job helping me and my SO out though.
We got there pretty early via bus, there was barely a wait to get tickets, but holy mother of lines, we were so confused as to were to go. There was a line for people with kids that took top priority, supposedly a line for cosplayers to get into the con faster to change, and a main line that was moving pretty quickly despite the sea of people. We went to the "cosplay line," which was like this area to the side of the main line, roped off with two groups of like a couple hundred people in them. They told us all to sit down on the ground. I think we were outside for two hours before they got us into the main line, so I don't know what the fuck happened there or if it was even the cosplay line, there were people in costume in the line, and people with rolling baggage containing what I would assume to be cosplays. If you're concerned about makeup/wigs or anything I would take a look at the forecast for that day and bring an umbrella for the line wait.
It was pretty easy to get in to the changing area to change into costume, they just ask that you change quickly. It was just this big open area with one floor length mirror everyone crowded around. Then baggage check was right beside the ladies changing area which was awesome. You can check in your stuff very quickly and if you need something out of your bag they're more than happy to bring it out and put it back. The cosplay area has a lot of cute backdrops and there is an outdoors area where most of the photographers head to. Surprisingly a lot of joke cosplays. There were more people crossplaying than I could count. Only had a run in with one weirdo that wanted some very specific poses for some reason...
If you go up the escalators there is a food court type place. We went to a curry place, it was just okay, price was decent. continued>
>>
File: IMG_5167.jpg (546 KB, 1080x1918) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5167.jpg
546 KB, 1080x1918
>>8929122
Sorry for the sideways photo.
Anyway, the free swag was just okay, I got a paper mask and a lanyard.
Crowd wise, it was fucking crowded. You do get shoved, and you will get kind of forced into the flow of people at times. Would not suggest wearing any kind of bigger cosplays.
There is a kid's area. Our friends came with us and their son seemed to really enjoy himself.
It was pretty cool seeing some upcoming figures and original sketches from the various anime booths.
Overall, I would give it a 7/10 experience. Sorry if this was kid of all over the place, I kind of listed things as I remembered them.
>>
File: IMG_5161.jpg (323 KB, 1080x1918) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5161.jpg
323 KB, 1080x1918
>>8929137
bonus photo of the line from hell.
>>
went last year good but after 12:30 got to busy to get around so when obida for the rest of the day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.