[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi cgl, I'm a 25 year old male that's interested in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: VC.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VC.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hi cgl,

I'm a 25 year old male that's interested in going to Comiket this summer. This will be my first con, and I'm thinking of doing a little cosplay. It's not essential to going there, but it looks fun.

-I have the means to go fancy, but I don't want to overdo my first try.

-It's going to be hot, so I am not going with stuffy clothes.

-I'm bald, so the only suggestion I get from friends is Saitama. I can grow a nice beard somewhat quickly.

-I've been in the military for 7 years, and am decently fit (although I'm not a bodybuilder. Depending on what character I pick, I can build more to fit by taking my protein shake-fueled friends up on their invites)

-I'm of European descent, though most assume I'm American because I no longer have an accent. I feel like I could pull off an extra in FMA, Titan, or Valkyria Chronicles easily.

Any suggestions are welcome, as well as any tips/warnings from veterans of these things.
>>
>>8912365
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/sresults.php?x=0&tag=&eye_color=0&hair_color=0&hair_length=1&age=0&eye_color2=0&hair_color2=0&hair_length2=0&age2=0&eye_color3=0&hair_color3=0&hair_length3=0&age3=0&cr=0&gender=1&mimikko=0&lightdark=0&mymax=12&size=150&role=0&otherchar=0&order=0&refs=0&official=off&year=#frame1top
>>
>>8912365
>>8851874
Suggestions board; make a few sugestions first or people'll be mad

>general tips
>don't blow all your money on the first stand you see
>don't bother with food dealers, they're all overpriced
>try to bring at least one bottle of water and a granola bar or something, you might go through the day not feeling hungry or thirsty but it'll hit you hard
>buying a cosplay is okay as long as you don't claim you made it
>wear a wig (if needed)
>>
>>8912374
Thanks a bunch for the info, and I figured saying Saitama or characters from the shows I posted would give a good idea of what I feel I can pull off.

I can easily find a wig, but I am not going to delude myself into thinking I can pull off an obviously Japanese MC.

I'll go there, but I'll keep this open if anyone else also has good info.
>>
File: 1417986308988.jpg (33 KB, 377x384) Image search: [Google]
1417986308988.jpg
33 KB, 377x384
>>8912365
Don't cosplay dead pool... ever...
>>
File: Cosplay Ideas.png (2 MB, 2189x974) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay Ideas.png
2 MB, 2189x974
>>8917597
I won't It's too stuffy in the summer months anyway.

Thanks for linking that place, but it's archived and I couldn't find a new thread. I will place the template here, and I'd be glad to suggest things to anyone else that wants to post theirs.
>>
Hey I did Comiket during the summer way back in 2010. It was hella fun.

Some notes:

>Make sure to pack water and some snacks in a small bag
>Do not wear your cosplay to the event. There is changing rooms there. I believe it's around 500 yen to have access to the rooms, but I could be wrong. This was back in 2010 after all.
>Do not change in the bathrooms.
>You will get stopped a lot to have photos taken for being a gaijin.
>If you're able to, make some basic business cards to give to the photographers. Sometimes they want to post on places online and want permission, and can link to your page.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Have lots of fun, and enjoy! I definitely did when I was in cosplay there.
>>
>>8917948
You would make a good Keith!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.