[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lacebook General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: wefsdf.png (18 KB, 487x196) Image search: [Google]
wefsdf.png
18 KB, 487x196
So the mods of Lacebook have finally opened the site to members without the invitation system.

Do you think it'll be successful?
Are you going to join?
Were you a member before now? What do you think?
>>
>>8907483
I'll start. I've been a member for a while.

Pros:
>Everything in one place
>Coords are actually nice

Cons:
>inconsistent mods
>can only post twice a day
>same content from FB/tumblr/IG except days later
>>
Haven't made an account yet, but the rules on what you can post and how often you can post are pretty restrictive, and successful social media websites are hard enough to make as it is. Look at Google+. I predict an agonizingly slow crash and burn. To add insult to injury, maybe Facebook will send them a C&D for ripping off the name.
>>
>>8907483
I really hoped for a discussion forum, but it just looks like tumblr and it has much less features then the old page... I don't think it's useful at all
>>
I was hoping for it to be a forum-style discussion place, but I hate the layout. Also being able to post a maximum of twice a day seems so pointless, since it'll make for very slow moving discussion? If they're so strapped for money then they should sell some ad space to make revenue for the servers.
>>
The mods are clinging too hard and fast to the EGL rules. I feel like they're trying to put the same content from EGL along with coords into a different format, but it's just not working.

There's absolutely nothing making me want to use it. It's just another platform to keep track of on top of everything else.
>>
>>8907651
I think they're seriously trying to make it ad-free.
I don't know why, I'm sure people won't mind a few ads for a functional site.
>>
I've been a member for a while now and I hope that opening it up will make it more exciting and active. I feel like I stopped checking it because things were so slow it was getting boring.
>>
I really want to like Lacebook, but so far it's just felt like an EGL mod circlejerk.
>>
I've sent an invitation ~18 hours ago. Idk if I'll be approved.
>>
If wondercunt is still a mod then no fucking thanks
>>
>>8908845
Yeah she is. She's posted one coord and it's pretty bad.
>>
When you ask for an invitation are you supposed to give a nickname or real name?
>>
>>8908834
Isn't it an automated invitation, since I got the confirmation e-mail just a few seconds later
>>
>>8908889
No, the mods have to approve you.
>>
>>8908864
Whichever. You can change it at will once your email is validated.

>>8908889
>>8909351
I guess someone must have been online when I requested an invite because I was approved instantly as well.
>>
>>8907486
rule only say two coord post a day
I haven't gotten my account set up yet but I'm assuming that there will also be discussion posts with no post limit on that
>>
>>8909442
You have to fill out a small form to get an account. I'm assuming that they just click on the social media link that you provided to see if you're actually active in the fashion, then click approve? My approval was fast as fuck too.

I wouldn't mind the basic Google Adsense ads on the site, plus the option to pay a monthly or yearly fee to hide the ads with a bonus badge area.
>>
>>8909453
No there's a post limit for non-photos as well as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>8909453
The 2 posts a day rule only applies to coord posts. This is what the rule says:

"Don't spam! Please don't post more than 2 coords a day. If you took several cute photos of the same coordinate, please make a collage or make a post with multiple photos."
>>
>>8910676
no, it's just for coord posts.
>>
They didn't make me fill out a form, all I used was my name and email address.
>>
So far extremely unimpressed :v also wondercunt as a mod doesn't give me much faith in the sense of the mods. I got approved fairly quickly but meh. The colors are pretty. The layout is stupid. Profiles are severely lacking. I'm bored already and I've only stopped online twice.
>>
>>8915330
I think it's alright, it just needs more activity. Once more people join and leave more comments, people can engage in discussion and post more coords and videos.
>>
Why do we need to be approved before being able to join? I wish we could just automatically set up our accounts like on literally any other social media site ever.
>>
>>8915615
They want to check if you're actually a lolita first.
>>
>>8915814

What were they using to verify that? CoF members?
>>
>>8915846
I don't think being a CoF member would make you automatically Lolita from what I've seen on there.
But seriously, I think they just want a social media reference to be safe.
>>
>>8915846
I sent them instagram and tumblr. They really are just checking to make sure they only let lolitas in.
>>
>>8916087
>>8916068
But they just asked for my name and email when I applied. I gave them the name that's on my Facebook so are they gonna google me or something? Wtf
>>
Inb4 it fails again.
>>
>>8916121
Same here. I try and keep my lolita stuff to private on social media to my lolita friends only. I can't put a profile pic of me wearing lolita on Facebook.
>>
>>8916274
It all depends on whether or not people bother to use it, and now people actually can because you don't need to be friends with someone to get a ~super special invite~, it's just open to everyone.
>>
>>8915814
fug
I don't post any lolita stuff bcus my social media accounts are only used to connect with family.
>>
>>8907651
>>8908776

I dont mind ads as long as they arent intrusive. What would be ideal would be ads like Lacemarket where they are intended for a lolita market, but there probably isn't enough indie creators to advert like that
>>
I wish there was an edit function when you post. I hate having to delete because I forgot something minuscule.
>>
>>8915615
Then itas can join super easily like on literally any other social media site ever.
>>
Just joined. Format's kind of weird, it feels kind of disorganized because of the dropdown menu? Do people post things other than coords? I'm so unused to discussing thing non-anonymously that it feels weird.
>>
>>8916292
I wish they'd keep men out, desu.
>>
I just signed up but gosh it's so boring.
>>8917498
Yah it feels that way for me too.
>>
>>8916274
The chances of it going well are slim.
>>
So has anyone actually been using it? A lot of the coords posted by newbies are poor, looks like it got an influx of newbies
>>
>>8924726
Yeah I use it, but only post my best coords. Don't really seem the point of posting daily.
>>
>>8924731
Yeah I planned to post daily but it's effort since I already post to instagram. I liked lacebook initially but I don't know how I feel about having yet another social platform to keep track of.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.