[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hair General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
Didn't see one in the catalog. Post tutorials and ask all hair related questions. Keep it cute, gulls!
>>
>>
File: tumblr_nkx72o95iU1qj816fo1_500.png (575 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkx72o95iU1qj816fo1_500.png
575 KB, 500x655
>>
How do you girls deal with hard water? I want to go no-poo, but it just wrecks my hair, even with ACV. I'm going to get a water softener eventually, but I'm sick of deal with it.
>>
File: tumblr_n1txo59zo51qilqt3o1_500.jpg (202 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1txo59zo51qilqt3o1_500.jpg
202 KB, 500x502
Op here. I've had peter pan short hair since middle school and now I'm in the process of growing it out. My hair is really thick and curly and it reaches just above my shoulders at the moment. My problem is I haven't had this much hair in a very long time and I have no idea how to style it. Should I use mousse? What brand? Pic related it's sorta what I'd like my hair to do.
>>
I have kind of dark brown hair and I want to dye it a nice red brown, but I can't seem to really find anything on the internet. Do you gulls have any suggestions?
>>
I just chopped off a good four inches of hair and I want to try to keep my ends healthy so I can grow out my hair. What shampoo/conditioner are good for growth? Should I put oil into the ends of my hair and if so what is the best to use?
>>
Are bangs worth it? I just got mine cut up to just above my shoulders, and it's all one length and kind of boring
>>
>>8902078
I think bangs are worth it. There's a lot of different styles. I can post some inspo when I get home. Also if you are worried about it you can get clip on bangs, but I don't know to much about them.
>>
>>8902098
I think anon meant they got their hair cut to their shoulders.
>>
>>8901098
Put mousse in your hair when it's damp and let it air dry or dry with a diffuser. I like herbal essences mousses since they smell nice and have good hold without residue.
For more structured waves you could braid, twist, or put your hair in buns before sleeping.
>>
>>8901977
Minimal use of shampoo is best. I would have a look through the long hair community forums as they are all about growing your hair out!

>>8901051
I think the only solution is to use boiled water...
>>
>>8902098
Ah, I meant, I got all of my hair cut, and all my hair is one length
>>
Does the no poo baking soda/apple cider vinegar thing actually work? I just can't see how swapping out shampoo for vinegar and only washing your hair once a week is a good idea; it sounds like the hair version of a fad diet to me.
>>
>>8902367
Your hair feels gross for weeks but eventually it stops overproducing oil because you aren't stripping it with shampoo. I tried it once but only got to the "it's only half as greasy as it was when I first gave up shampoo" point before giving up because I hated it.
If you want good shampoo that won't irritate your scalp or strip your hair just buy shampoo from the african section. They don't fuck around.
>>
>>8902367
I never did the baking soda bit because that actually strips my scalp too much as well and makes it feel raw (the pH of that stuff is like 9, no need to upset my normal scalp pH and scrub it on top of that...yeah, that wasn't fun) but have been successful just with vinegar and scalp scrubbing with plain water before. The reason I don't bother with it now is laziness - I do cardio four days a week and on no poo I would have to rinse and scrub my scalp thoroughly with water on the non vinegar days to avoid gross oiliness. Now I do CWC twice a week with sulfate free, pH balanced shampoo and cone-free conditioner. I can just quickly rinse my scalp in between times instead. I didn't actually have much of a problem with dry ends/oily roots prior to trying no poo and was only washing my hair twice a week anyway, I just thought it might help it grow longer.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452834315030.jpg (82 KB, 916x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452834315030.jpg
82 KB, 916x960
>>8902078
Bangs are LIFE
DO IT

I'm honestly considering making like a bangs in j-fashion image guide to post in there threads, with the different kinds of cuts, different lengths, FAQs, etc. A lot of people tend to ask about them, and I think they're really great in most j-fashions. Normie fringe guides are kind of meh sometimes.

Pic related is obviously a wig, but these are some cute styling ideas.
>>
>>8901051
I moved from a place with very soft water to a larger city with hard water around six months ago. I still use shampoo and conditioner (the L'Oreal Eversleek line, it's sulphate and silicone free) and before I leave the shower I do an ACV rinse (watering it down to about 10-15%). It's working very well so far, when I first moved here my hair got dirty very quickly and it was less shiny and dry to the touch, but has since improved and back to its usual behavior.
>>
>>8902473
pls, that's be a really good idea!
>>
>>8902473
Do you know how to tell if you're going to look shit with bangs before you cut?
I have super long somewhat wavy hair with no bangs what so ever and I'm so afraid to cut it or do anything with it.
>>
>>8902078
I used to have bangs when I was a kid and hated them, but now that I'm into lolita they started tempting me again. After thinking about it for a while, and remembering how annoying the uptake for them is, I decided to just buy some fake bangs.
My hair colour wasn't simple to match, but I think I found something close enough. They were pretty cheap but turned out to be good quality stuff. I bought a few so I can style them differently so I'd love some inspiration images as well! Bought from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sweet-Short-Fringe-Bangs-Front-Clip-In-Hair-Extensions-Clip-On-Bangs-Hair-Extension-Hairpiece-Black/32471151645.html
>>
>>8903289
If your hair is wavy (mine is too) you will need to straighten them every morning. Short hair curls more. Which kind of sucks. But even if you cut bangs and don't like them, you can just grow them out as long side bangs, a lot of people have those.
In theory, there should be some sort of bangs that are flattering for your face. Your face shape plays a big part.
>>
>>8903320
What bangs are flattering to super obvious cheekbones? I have quite a wide chin so it's a very slight diamond shape (simply b/c cheekbones are so fucking massive,)

>>8903306
Thank you ! I'll try seeing if I can find some in similar shades, atm I'm just trying out with my current collection of cosplay wigs to see what styles suit me.
>>
>>8903342
Wide chin and cheekbones? Sounds more like square. Could you maybe post a pic? And is yoir face longer or shorter?
If your forehead is narrow or small, I would definitely go for thick bangs, for obvious reasons. If it's more square-like, thinner bangs without side pieces is probably better.
Pic related is a good example of the latter. On people with longer faces, this length would look awkward or edgy. But since her face is shorter, shorter bangs help elongate her face. Her forehead is obviously pretty wide, but starting the tuft of bangs in the middle of the hairline helps her look more rounded.
Cosplay wigs may not always be the most flattering, because the bangs are very thick usually. If you haven't cut them properly, they might be too long as well.
>>
>>8903320
>If your hair is wavy (mine is too) you will need to straighten them every morning.
Oh so that's why my bangs never look as pretty as other girl's everytime I get them cut. It's like they don't really align properly.
>>
File: Untitled-19.png (553 KB, 720x678) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-19.png
553 KB, 720x678
>>8903363
collection of the worlds shittiest selfies bc no one looks that flattering in face on shots ( these are also not very recent and cheekbones are now a lot more dominant but I don't take photos often, and if ever they're way more angled.), but yeah, I have no clue what this face shape is/cuts that would best suit it?
>>
File: 1457622868120-1037401245.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1457622868120-1037401245.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Is this the date of expiration or production because my friend used it and it did not develop at all. It's wella color touch.
Sorry is the image is large or flipped I'm on mobile.
>>
File: shiseido-tsubaki-shining-set.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shiseido-tsubaki-shining-set.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>Hair is growing out from a short bob in that inbetween hair stage
>fried from dye, and blowdrying, its a fucking mess

Picked up some Shiseido "Tsubaki" shampoo and conditioner from a recommendation my hair is feeling so much softer and shinier.

I cant speak to the ingredients but in the cold dry winter its helped tremendously with my shoulder-length, dry hair. Can't speak to the ingredients, but so far its been awesome. Just thought id share if any gulls are having similar issues
>>
>>8901038
I'm considering laminating my hair with gelatin this weekend. Have any seagulls had any luck with this method?
>>
>>8901738
If you're unlikely to try dying it another colour after, try henna.
I've been using henna on my naturally dark ash brown hair for nearly a year now and it's very natural looking warm auburn colour now.
>>
File: 1407253701643.jpg (914 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1407253701643.jpg
914 KB, 2560x1440
>>8902382
African section? Could you elaborate? I'm quite naive (I'm a man, btw.) to the whole subject... I've been growing out my hair for almost two years, and I've noticed that it has started falling out, what scared me out pretty badly. I've got really oily skin, so my hair gets dirty really fast. I don't use any conditioners or special shampoos, I take a high dose of Vitamin D almost daily, I wash my scalp in medium-hot water around 2 times in a week... That's about it, I guess?
>>
I've recently noticed my hair is noticeably thinner on the back of my head-so much so that you can see my scalp, and it's also much more oily than any part of my head. Only 19 with a bald spot??? What can I do to lessen the damage? I started sleeping with my hair in a braid, staying away from heat, and gonna avoid too many ponytails. Am I doomed or is there hope?
>>
File: hair.jpg (142 KB, 940x942) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
142 KB, 940x942
>>8907468
I don't know what you did to your scalp,but just in case, maybe you should overthink what you use for haircare.
stop using products which have specific chemicals in it

the are some solutions, just research a lot

.. a braid is good though
>>
>>8903451
I don't think they'd suit you. given we know eachother irl i cant see it
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 201x250
I hope this is the right thread for this... But can someone with hair the color of pic related wear pinks? Namely blue toned pinks like bubblegum, pastel and hot pinks? And if not I will just dye my hair black, in which case... What are the "effects" of black hair? As in, does it make under eye circles look darker, teeth yellower, make redness more noticeable etc?
>>
>>8907903
I personally think your hair color would be fine, but with black everything looks fine in person. I've had a problem with pictures and black hair, like I looked a lot tanner and my pimples showed up a bit more. I don't remember if it makes your teeth look yellower though.
>>
>>8907903
Don't go full black. Do a dark brown.
>>
>>8903451
To me your face shape looks like a diamond, I'd definitely go for wispier side swept bangs rather than blunt ones
>>
>>8903451
You have a short forehead, but also a short face. If you do bangs, they need to be eyebrow level, start high on your crown, medium thick, and potentially pushed to the side a bit. Or a thinner section of jaw-length "bangs" that you can push to the side to cover some of your forehead
>>
>>8904390
Diff anon, Is there any chance of finding a hairdresser that will henna hair? I've heard it's a bitch to do properly the first time and I don't want to fuck it up. Also probably asking a bit much but do you know if 'no-poo' works with henna? I've finally found a good routine but even a little bit of shampoo dries my hair out terribly so I don't really want to go back unless necessary.
>>
>>8903289
buy a clip-in fringe close to your hair colour and style it different ways to see what looks good.
>>
>>8907903
Depending on your skin tone black can either wash you out or look great on you. If you're warm-toned it'll end up looking like a cheap wig.
>>8908311
This, in person it washes you out but in pictures you'll look dirty if it doesn't suit your colouring.
>>
>>8908578
Unlikely, hairdressers are notorious for their dislike of henna. You may find some, but they're rare.
>>
File: WIN_20160313_11_18_52_Pro.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160313_11_18_52_Pro.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Hello /cgl/, first time poster here so sorry if I am breaking any rules.

I have almost shoulder length hair atm and am considering going for a cute anime look. What sort of low maintenance haircut/style do you guys think would look good on this mug?

(sorry for the selfie)
>>
>>8908589
Low maintenance hair and the anime look are kinda mutually exclusive. You'll need to do at least a little styling. I would just go for some layers around your face and shorter side bangs.
>>
First time cosplaying soon. Going with the classic Batman Joker rather than Heath or the newer incarnations.

Main issue is my hair. I have jet black hair. Is there any way to temporarily dye that shit green and have it come out well? Or am I looking at emptying four cans of green spray on my head?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8908578
My grandmother is a hairdresser and does it for me, the only bit I'd say is complicated is getting it right to your roots and the mess it makes. This is the process we go through (Using powdered henna from spice stores.)
>Mix the henna with hot water until it's a good consistency
>Make a kind of bain marie with a bowl of hot water to keep the henne mix runny enough to apply
>Start spreading the henne on your hair from the roots
>Make sure you part your hair with a comb so you get to all the different layers
>Once your roots are fully covered start covering the rest of your hair in the henna mix
>If you have long hair you can even dump the ends of it in what remains in the bowl and mix around
>Cover your hair so the henna won't get everywhere and wait for a few hours
>Easiest way I've found to wash it out is to dunk your hair in a bucket of warm water
>Swish and scrub until most of the henna is out
>Wash the rest of it off with conditioner
>>
>>8908602
W I G
I
G

no, really. if you're dead set on it, I'd suggest trying Manic Panic's temporary dye gels, but classic Joker probably won't look good any other way.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_180054.jpg (802 KB, 1877x2078) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_180054.jpg
802 KB, 1877x2078
My hair is currently (dyed) black with light pink highlights. Every time I redo my roots black, rinsing it out causes it to stain the highlights and they need to be found (tricky because they're quite thin) and bleached again.

Will slapping some Vaseline over the highlights beforehand help with this?

Note I'm not actually getting black dye in the hairs, it just muddies them up as I try to rinse it and it bleeds everywhere.

>Poorly lit pic related.
>>
>>8901038

Sup gulls! I'm finally taking the plunge and going from natural, light reddish-brown hair to silver toned white. I am getting it professionally done as there's NO way I'd take the risk of botching it myself, but I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing as I've got long virgin hair and it's kind of my vanity point. Any tips or advice before I get it done?
>>
>>8908592
Side bangs sound like a good idea, any tips on how I can DIY this?
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 750x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 750x1120
I want to take a break from using relaxers and heat on my hair this summer, and get twists installed. Anyone here have any experience with them? Tips when it comes to taking care of them?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 236x236
>>8908958
Sorry, bad example; those are box braids I believe

These are twists
>>
>>8908963
Alright, so I've had twists in during winter 2014.
Try washing your roots when they get dirty, trust me. As you generally would, depending on your ways, you can use dry shampoo, no poo, or just oil.
Do not keep them in for more than 8 weeks, you can probably do 2 months, MAX.

Keep your hair mosturised, I cannot stress this enough, if you don't, you'll start seeing your hair fall out (especially from the twists)
The rest is pretty much the same, sleep with satin pillowcase/cap, yadda yadda.
>>
>>8908953
Get them done properly the first time rather than diy, having a line to follow means that you can just trim them yourself and you don't risk them being shit. If not, you should really, really get hairdressing scissors, cut it at least 1" longer than you think it should be, and consider using the twist method for side bangs.
>>
>>8909019
Thank you, I really appreciate your advice!
>>
>>8901051
I have a clarifying shampoo that I use once a week.
>>
At the moment I have a long, thick 70s-style shag haircut on my 1b hair, which I love and which goes with my usual taste. But has anyone got any ideas of how to wear it in a more modern way for days when I don't feel like dressing retro?
>>
>>8908893
Ask you hair stylist about opalex. Also to keep your hair silver between salon trips I recommend overtone color depositing conditioner
>>
I'm getting a haircut soon and I'm really looking for good ideas. An anon posted a link here before a long time ago which was kind of like a hair catalog on a Japanese site. It was a site that showed all kinds of cute hairstyles. Do any of you gulls know that website by any chance?
>>
okay so, I was really curios about cutting bangs, and since I have really bad self control I decided to do it
Problem is they don't really suit me at all, and I feel really self conscious about it
Is there any way to style bangs to make them look less.. Bang:ish?
>>
Are there any hairspray similar to Paul Mitchell's super clean flexible, or should I just go back to it since it works really well? I tried switching to Sebastian but I really don't like the texture it gives to my hair.

I was also given a giftcard to sephora and was planning on getting some bumble and bumble hair tonic lotion, but if there are any other recs for hair styling products there I'm all for it.
>>
>>8912486
When I first gave myself a fringe and cut it lopsided, too thick and too short, I did my hair in a side-part and pinned it back against my head with ordinary bobby-pin hair slides. They grew out and I love them now.

If they're long enough, you can also turn them into a victory roll.
>>
>>8912560
Thanks anon! It's definitely too short for a victory roll haha. I guess I'll just have to keep them pinned away until they grow out a bit longer
>>
>>8902367
I'm using bicarb soda with my routine atm but only once a week (unless your hair gets dirty) otherwise its just lots of brushing (to distribute oils) and warm water 'washing' and making sure you physically wash your hair (you can even -gently- comb it out when wet, but avoid brushing or it'll break)
If you're only just starting no poo, start going a day or two without shampoo first and ease into it, when you introduce the bicarb make sure its diluted (I usually do 1:8 or less) and only use it when your hair is getting oily, it will saponify with the oils in your hair and you should actually get a little bit of lather, if it doesn't lather you are either using too much or your hair isn't oily enough, this is where the problems with ph and drying your hair out tend to happen (been there, done that, it's not fun)
Also please note that this is purely anecdotal/ what's worked for me so feel free to experiment a bit. The longhaircommunity forums have quite a lot of info but they're also a little obsessed and spend hours just on haircare.
Ps. Remember that acids such as acv and lemon juice will lighten hair eventually.
>>
>>8908963
>>8908958
Not black/don't have the right kind of hair at all, but these are adorable. All I know about them is it causes a lot of stress on your scalp, so it's be best to cycle in and out of them. Probably keeping it for the summer is fine, but definitely consult with someone who has experience with them.
>>
>>8907261
>African section?
They mean the ethnic section in the hair care aisle. Africans' hair is very different compared to every one else's and therefore needs its own section of hair care. It's usually at the end of the aisle and you'll usually find products with Shea Butter and do rags.
>>
>>8901098
How do those braid headband (?) hairstyles actually work? Can you even do them on yourself?
>>
I'm about to buy my first wig(s) and I was just wondering how unstyled they come, is it just the bangs that need to be cut?

I'm thinking of getting Dreamholic's Dolly Cat in brown or black, but I'd prefer a completely straight black one.
>>
What are you gulls' opinion on using color protecting shampoo to enhance your natural hair color? I have natural red hair and feel sometimes it looks more brown than red. I don't want to dye it but would just like to enhance with shampoo or masks if possible.
>>
How good is manic panic and brands like that? A friend of mine is going to USA the next month and I wanted to ask her for this product (because in my country is overpriced AF). My current hair is grey and there are no other ways to dye it if it's not with dye that needs to be mixed with peroxide and I'm tired of it.
>>
>>8907261
Use conditioner! only shampoo every few days (2-3)

Cold water is better for hair, I've heard
>>
>>8908847
I used to have hair dyed black with bleached part underneath, dyed light purple. I would completely soak the purple part in manic panic and let it get dry, and leave that in when I re-dyed the black parts. The excess dye kept the black out, and then my hair was saturated in purple so it had fewer pores to soak up any other color, and I rinsed with cold apple cider vinegar. No mud in my lavender. Good luck!
>>
>>8921942
MP is generally okay but Directions tends to have slightly better reviews IME. however, asking someone who has actual experience with the grey dyes from both companies would probably be smarter
>>
>>8921748
Nothing wrong with brown hair
>>
>>8921748
You mean like color depositing shampoos?
Check out:
http://howtobearedhead.com/best-color-depositing-shampoos-for-redheads/

There's also shampoos that keep natural colors from fading. Sounds like you want more color too though.
>>
>>8923183
Yes! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!
>>
>>8921942
Special Effects and directions are generally better than manic panic.
>>
>>8902473
yes do it! that sounds so helpful and ive searched for something similar and havent found anything worthwhile
>>
>>8908970
this.
twists probably have less pulling than box braids but if it feels too tight when they're getting installed, say something. you can wind up with no edges.
>>
>>8904293
...expiration
>>
Has anyone had luck regrowing/ growing more hair? About a year ago I tried the birth control shot and half my hair fell out. While the bald patches have filled in, my hair strands are very thin now and if I pull my hair back my entire pony tail is only a bit more than an inch wide. I'm really unhappy with my thin hair and I don't know what to do any more...
>>
File: 1448507016499.jpg (216 KB, 485x660) Image search: [Google]
1448507016499.jpg
216 KB, 485x660
So I have really flat hair. It's a bit thin too, so unless I style it, it looks super dull and boring
Sometimes I curl it, and when I do, I absolutely love how it looks, but it takes sooo long, like an hour.
It lasts until I shower the next time, but I at least need to do it like two times a week and it's really a pain in the ass
Any other methods to add volume/texture/anything to your hair?
Oh and I should mention, my hair is really short, like 5 cm above shoulders (pretty much pic related with less poof)
>>
I have a long, Sarah Jessica Parker looking face. I have wavy hair that is a bit frizzy sometimes and will not stay straight unless it's really greasy with product. Could I wear a hime cut or should I stick to just curling it?

If I can wear a hime cut, where should the long bangs be cut relative to my cheekbones and chin to be most flattering? I am thinking they should be in the middle
>>
>>8908963
These are fucking adorable. There's a girl in one of my classes who wears these and then curls the twists, it looks so cute! I don't know how she does it but it looks like possibly hot rollers
>>
>>8928455
I have hair like that and I started braiding it before bed so in the morning it has some volume and waves to it.
>>
>>8926236
Any suggestions? Wondering if I should try a Rogaine type product. I've heard of some people having success with castor oil, but that sounds like voodoo to me.
>>
>>8901051
Clarifying shampoo, and not the cheap drugstore stuff either. Salon-quality clarifying shampoo is magical and is usually cleared for daily use/whenever you need to wash-use.
>>
>>8909826
>>8930040
Do you use the clarifying shampoo to combat the green? Because I've had to actually dye my hair darker because of hard water/copper piping. When I would go into the hairdressers, they would just sort of hum and haw over it and then use a light bleach or bicarb scrub on the green? I hated it, but I miss my light hair.
>>
>>8914314
The key is to pick an under layer of hair right behind the ear and create an open curtain using the upper layers of hair. Also use a small section of hair and fluff it up once all the hair is in a good spot.
It goes without saying but when you pin the ends tuck the non-braided portion under the other braid.
>tfw you have enough hair for two people so this look doesn't seem weird
>>
>>8926236
-make sure you have good protein intake
-biotin/zinc/magnesium supplements (basically hair skin and nails)
-try miconazole on your scalp
-remember your existing hair is dead, nothing will make what you have note magically fuller it'll all have to be new growth
>>
File: 1435596855206.png (17 KB, 328x215) Image search: [Google]
1435596855206.png
17 KB, 328x215
>>8930029
I tried it once, but it didn't suit me
Also since my hair is so short, I had to do tons of small french braids. It was difficult and time consuming and ended up really uneven too
Thanks for the advice though
>>
>>8928455
Blow dry it each time you shower with a heat protecting and styling serum. there's heaps on tutorials out there about blow drying for volume and it shouldn't take more than ten minutes
>>
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bOtnwgB9nh1HPKFPGY50JqtjibooeHZ6a3TCsOfAkDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Okay gulls, here it is. The /cgl/ fringe guide. What do you think? Any other suggestions or content to add?
I wasn't really sure how to format it, so it's a slideshow.
>>
>>8930712
>https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bOtnwgB9nh1HPKFPGY50JqtjibooeHZ6a3TCsOfAkDQ/edit?usp=sharing
This is really good, perhaps some advice for different face shapes than just long or short? Like square, heart, round and diamond?
I ve never found good advice for a diamond face shape.
>>
Is there any non-permament hair colour seagulls would recommend?
I have naturally blonde hair and would like to experiment a bit. Ideally the hair colour would only last for about a week.
All reviews I have read online were pretty bad for most products in that there was no effect at all.
>>
>>8930815
Biozell is nice
>>
Can anyone suggest good YouTube tutorials for cutting jfash bangs?
>>
>>8930719
Honestly, I'd love to do this, but I personally have issues identifying face shapes and I haven't really noticed a pattern in things that "work" for various shapes. I should add something about forehead size, though, which I think is more impacting,
>>8931129
Hey dude I just made this sweet powerpoint >>8930712
But yeah, once you figure out what section you want your hair to be, cut it all to about your chin. Then section off slivers on each side for the side pieces, then begin cutting the main part of the fringe into however short you're going. Cut with the scissors held vertically.
I couldn't really find any videos, they were all using this weird twist method. I'm sure it works, but it looked hard to control the length and sometimes a bit wonky. Just strive for a feathered edge.
>>
>>8931236
Thanks! I just cut mine, and they're not perfect, but I'm much happier with my hair like this.
>>
What are some shampoo and conditioner ingredients to avoid, especially if you have coloured hair? I know about sulfates and silicones, but I'm sure there's more (alcohol?).

I'm prepared to google so just ingredient names would be helpful.
>>
>>8930478
Thanks anon! I'll try this
>heat protecting and styling serum
Any good brands? I'm not very experienced with hair products so recommendations would be highly appreciated!
>>
>>8904362
What the hell is that?
>>
>>8907903
Black is a rough transition. It made my cool toned skin look like dough. I was a goth then, so I liked this, but my under-eye shadows were extreme. Getting back to a better color was a real pain, my hair was two different shades for a year or so.
>>
Are there any hime type hair styles for chin length hair? I'd like to get short bangs as well.
>>
>>8932855
For hime, your main issue is gonna be volume. I think teased curls around the crown of your head with a good fringe would be cute!
>>
>>8907903
What color is your skin tone? Is it more on the pale side or more on the darker side?
>>
Is there a name for these type of bangs that are more wedge shape?
>>
>>8932855
It's probably just not going to happen senpai. You could do some large tight curls, but it might just look triangle-ish if your hair is that long.
I'd try looking into a curly half wig instead!
>>8933905
I don't think so. It's just a narrow section that's flared out and curled in on the ends.
>>
>>8907903
When you dye your hair black and you think it doesn't fit you, you can remove it with ColourB4. It really helped me getting my natural hair colour back. Oh and it smells like hell.
>>
>>8907903
One thing is that blue black looks like shit on EVERYBODY.

Go for 'darkest brown' or 'brown black.'
>>
My hair has a huge cowlick right in the middle of my forehead and it fucks up my bangs horribly. It likes to part them in half so I look like I'm in a 90s boy band.

I've sort of fixed this by side parting my hair so the weight kinda holds the cowlick down, but I LOVE straight bangs much more than swoopy ones.

Does anyone know of a good way around this damn cowlick?
>>
>>8934307
an iron?
>>
>>8934307
Just get them wet and let them dry in the right shape. Make it a habit to let your hair dry with your bangs where you want them.
>>
>>8934076
What? I think blue black looks way better than brown black on most people.
>>
Does anyone here with bangs use a sponge roller on them overnight? I want pretty short bangs but I'm kinda dreading how oily they can get and am wondering how I can prevent it. I also want to curl them so I figure two birds one stone.
>>
File: break.jpg (100 KB, 583x408) Image search: [Google]
break.jpg
100 KB, 583x408
Fuck me, I just discovered about 3 half-broken locks of hair on the top of my head. The damage from bleaching is finally taking its toll after quitting since december (bleached it for about half a year, 1 full, 2 touchups, I think). Any recommendations to try and prevent further breakage? I don't have easy access to more ethnic-oriented products. At least I can hide the breakage under other curls, for now.

I need to stop brushing my hair when washing it, too. I'll go find a wide toothed comb today.

Pic is what it looks like.
>>
>>8936025
>1 full, 2 touchups
And your hair is that damaged? wtf?
I used to bleach mine like 4 full times in a row with barely any breakage at all...
I don't know a lot about preventing breakage, but yeah, don't brush your hair in the shower, don't use a lot of heat etc
Maybe do some hair masks with coconut oils and such?
>>
>>8934700
Tried this and it seems to be helping already. :D I always let my hair air dry/don't brush it until it's dry, but just combing out my bangs and leaving them in place seems to make a big difference. Thank you! No idea why I never thought of this.
>>
>>8936025
Shea butter, anon. Lots of it. Check if your hair is low porosity to see if you should heat it up before application, but with all that bleaching it's unlikely.

Any suggestions for simple, cute hairstyles like >>8901038, but without heat tools? I'm getting kind of tired of my overnight pleat waves but it's better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>8936025
>>8936290
Like this anon, I've bleached my hair to white without this much damage.

Something which might help is argan oil. You can shell out for 100%, but the one I have is about 50/50 argan and linseed oil.

I can't really brush my hair when it's dry without ruining the curly texture, but brushing it when it's wet is obviously super damaging - So I run like 10 pumps of oil through it with my fingers after every wash and just leave it. Super softening, super detangling, no breakage so far.

>Metal friend with hip-length hair of his own wanted to brush my hair the other day.
>Freaked the fuck out because the brush went straight through without a single tangle, even though it straightened out and ruined the lovely curls like wow thanks bro.
>>
>>8936290
Power to ya. I mean up until now I thought what I was doing was good enough but this morning kind of woke me straight up. The breaking might not have all happened my last wash, and since I tend to lose a lot of hair as is I can't say I noticed any unusual amounts of hair, but there it is.
Also they were home bleachings, so might have been my dumb ass leaving it in for too long.
>>8936300
Low porosity is the one that stays afloat on water, right? If so, it is. Got a tub of shea butter leave-in conditioner recently, would that do or is it best to go look for the pure stuff? I've only used the conditioner once, yesterday, so can't really say if it'll do.
>>
On the topic of short hair does anyone have any styling tutorials for hair that is the length of the picture this Anon posted? >>8928455

I really want to do something with my hair other than having it normal or pushed back with a hairband especially for fancier occasions
>>
I've got relatively wavy/curly hair and I'm considering retrying a fringe. But I don't want it to be all curly and separated like it was before. Any suggestions excluding straightening every day/permanent chemical straightening?
>>
Pls help me gulls

In early January I coloured my hair with auburn Henne Color (henna powder shit) and my hair was kind of deep reddy coppery ginger. It's pretty much entirely faded now, though my hair still has a very slight gingery tint over my natural light brown. I bought a red chemical dye today and it says in the leaflet thingy not to apply it over henna. I googled it and all I can find is that it'll affect the colour I'll get, and something about metallic salts idk.

I'm basically hair illiterate and have no idea what anything means or what I should do. If It's red over super faded red, will it still not work? Should I just do it and hope for the best? Will I die? Pls halp
>>
File: tumblr_o4uz8ucpo01qla6e4o1_540.jpg (112 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4uz8ucpo01qla6e4o1_540.jpg
112 KB, 540x540
Does anyone have a real photo equivalent of this type of haircut or something very similar? It looks like a chin-length bob, styled for fluffy volume and with long layers.

I'd feel like a bit of a twerp handing a picture over of what might as well be cartoon hair to my hairdresser.

Thank in advance anons.
>>
File: Layered-Short-Asian-Bob-Haircut.jpg (104 KB, 539x809) Image search: [Google]
Layered-Short-Asian-Bob-Haircut.jpg
104 KB, 539x809
>>8940641
Like this anon?
>>
>>8940678
>>
>>8940683
>>
Anyone tried something like this?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bed-Head-by-TIGI-A-Wave-We-Go-Tourmaline-Ceramic-Multi-Waver-Styling-Iron/34609733
I'm looking to get something that makes hair styling a bit easier. I love to curl my hair but it takes ages
>>
>>8938888
There aren't other options. If you've got curly hair, your bangs will curl unless straightened.
>>
Are there any types of bangs that would be good for wavy or curly hair?
>>
>>8944522
no
>>
>>8902367
I did the baking soda and apple vinegar for about 6 months. I washed my hair once a week.
My hair got a lot curlier than it ever was and it looked very good. But at the end my scalp got very irritated and I got a wierd rash on the back of my head. So I obviously went back to a normal shampoo/conditioner and the rash also went away. I do miss my curly hair.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191 KB, 1280x720
I recently went from brown to blonde. I went to my normal salon to get it done, and I was hoping for a medium, ashy blonde. It came out a bit warmer than I intended, particularly in my bangs. I've bought a purple shampoo so far, but do you have any other recommendations to make it less warm/orange-y? Will I just have to get it redone? Any luck with Igora Expert Mousse?

Pic not me, but semi-related.
>>
>>8930062
I can't answer that one because I have naturally black hair that didn't seem to change colour when exposed to hard water. Try asking your hairdresser.
>>
I was so close to getting bangs but I just don't think I can. It's starting to get warm and there's nothing worse than a sweaty forehead with bangs stuck to it. Having to wash my bangs in the sink as they get oilier a lot quicker, keeping them trimmed all the time, too much bullshit to be bothered, they're cute, props to those who maintain them.
>>
Has anyone had luck using castor oil to help thicken hair? As in not the strands, but hair density? I just started it this week and hopefully in a few months I'll see some difference. I thought about minoxidil, but the thought of losing it all again after stopping bothers me!

Also any general tips for keeping hair from breaking too? What shampoos/conditioners/treatments do you personally recommend for someone trying to grow their hair long?
>>
>>8944588
Mix a tiny bit of purple/blue semi permanent hair dye with conditioner and leave it in your hair for a few hours.

How much dye you need varies and you may have purple/blue bits after the first wash, but trial and error should clear that up. Or you could buy commercial purple shampoo/conditioner.
>>
>>8907468
maybe something like alopecia areata? (are you under a lot of stress?)
>>
>>8902078
Bangs make j-fashion a lot easier, i haven't worn a wig since i got mine cut but be prepared to have to trim them yourself every couple of weeks. If you decide that you dont like them anymore, you can just grown them out.
>>
>>8908578
>>8908607

It wont last as long imo, I had a friend henna my hair and omg it was a huge smelly muddy mess.. and I have waist length hair.
It went from a dark blonde/lightbrown to a nice auburn, but I want to say it only lasted about a month or two with my routine.. as much as I liked the color the process was enough that I never did it again..

I've been no poo for 2+ years, I started with ACV/BS rinse.

Before getting into the shower I would premaking my rinse mixes..
>>First mix 1 tablespoon Baking Soda to one 32oz cup (I use one of the giant plastic slurpee cups) of hot water
>>In a seperate 32oz cup, mix 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar and fill it up with cold water.
>>Quickly brush out my hair and detangle it..
>>Once in the shower I rinse and start pouring the mixes
>>First the BS mix slowly starting from the top of my head, down the back, making sure I get my oily spots and massage into scalp..
>>I avoid my ends since I want to avoid drying them out further..
>>Then is the ACV mix (which neutralizes the BS)
>>Quick pour from the top of my head, but focus more on ends with the ACV, usually dunking my ends in the cup.
>>Then a final rinse with cool water in the shower..

I usually do this twice a week, with the other days just a quick rinse since I pull my hair up at night to sleep and I get sweaty sometimes..

I kept at this for about 6months before descovering shampoo bars.. I personally use a brand called Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve, and I just replaced the BS/ACV with the soap straight up and never looked back. I love this brand, and although I've never used lush, I'm assuming it would be the equivalent..

If I keep my hair pulled up I usually can go a week with out shampooing and my hair still smells and feels nice, and with a quick rinse I can put it back down again..
>>
>>8945805

Fuu meant to link
>>8908578
>>8902367
>>
>>8934733
If my bangs are oily I always pull my hair back and just wash them. Since I'm always cutting them I don't think they get damaged.
>>
>>8940430
Why don't you use a red temporary dye, like Special Effects or Manic Panic? Permanent box dyes + henna = bad news/unpredictable outcome, but since SFX/MP are just pigment they tend to be okay.
>>
File: 20160405_110811.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160405_110811.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
So I just got a haircut, but since I have curly hair it turned out kinda short. I've always had long hair so I styled it really differently. Would it work with lolita and/or larme, and how should I style it?
Pic related.
>>
>>8947019
It looks weird. Your hairdresser is retarded.
>>
File: PhotoEditor-1459849050914.jpg (124 KB, 709x952) Image search: [Google]
PhotoEditor-1459849050914.jpg
124 KB, 709x952
Hey gulls, I've really been wanting to get bangs, so I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on cuts to minimize the length of my face and width of my jaw?

>>8947019
I'm not really into lolita, but for larme I'd just add some random ass braids or ribbons like in the tutorials upthread. Also, it looks like the color is great on you. It's cute.
>>
>>8947025
Was afraid of that..well, I guess I'll just have to wait for it to grow then.
>>
>>8947036
Don't get me wrong it's not horrible, but it looks like it was done by an at-home hairdresser who specialises in soccer mom haircuts
>>
>>8947034
Thanks! It's my natural colour actually.
>>8947038
Ah I see, this salon had pretty good reviews but I'll just go to a different one next time.
>>
How bad is hair chalk, seagulls? Looks pretty good on all the Youtube videos I have seen. But, would it work for a con? would it work for a long photoshoot? Keep in mind I just want to use it to lighten blonde hair a little bit without bleaching it.
>>
>>8947079
It's just chalk, anon. Also it rubs off like mad and stains everything in your close proximity.
>>
>>8947034
Look up cuts for oblong faces. I manage mine with shorter, sideswept bangs which takes the length of the top of my face and layers that start in line with my lips, so the wide part of my jaw is de-emphasized by the hair kinda curling in around it. The only thing that no haircut will fix for me is that I have quite a long chin, but it's lots less noticeable when people can't see how huge the rest of my face is
>>
>>8947034
first, post a pic without your hair tied back. How thick is it? How much can you bring forward for bangs?
Full bangs will suit you, but they will need to be thick to stop curling as will the ones around your face.

>in my world of needs
It isn't possible to reverse anything but visible damage with products, is it? I've been applying oils like hell to my hair which my hairdressers fried (at $200 per treatment) by trying to bleach blue out of my ends. Not even the salon owner told me that it probably wouldn't be possible until after I complained?? So I've dyed over them but it's temporary, because their terrible job has left my ends damaged. Lately, though, it's been sitting straight.

Is this just the image of product deposit? Honestly, I want to get it cut to avoid huge split lengths if that's the case, but if I can avoid it I want to grow it out about an inch longer before cutting so it doesn't sit at my shoulders.
>>
>>8947105
It is never possible to reverse damage. Products can mask it a bit but the hair is still damaged. You are best to keep dying over it and cut the ends that are damaged as you feel comfortable.
>>
>>8901038
I have short blonde hair with black/dark brown roots (used to have medium length blonde hair, so the roots are orange-blonde) and am going to dye it back to black this weekend, where can I get extensions online? Or should I get them at a hair salon? Should I get real hair extensions or will fake hair look ok? I want them to make my hair five or six inches longer.
>>
>>8947114
Thought so, thanks anon! I can cut about an inch off without it looking stupid right now, but I think
I may need about two inches off.
>>
Hairspray to hold volume? I have thin hair if that helps.
>>
>>8945010
Still looking for anything to help. My hair is just so thin that it's gross.
>>
>>8945010
I don't know if the hair thickening works. I don't want to destroy your hope, but I don't think you can actually make your hair thicker, no matter what you do. Just healthier.

Here are some tips to grow it out:
>use a gentle brush, for example the tangle teaser. I love mine, and you can grab one for sale on Amazon quite often
>don't wash your hair everyday! Try to wash it no more than 2-3 times a week
>use conditioner every time!
>coconut oil is your new best friend
>braid your hair overnight, don't wear tight ponytails, try not to wear your hair opent too much; learn some simple braids and updos
>get your split ends cut regularly
>DON'T use any heat like irons or blowdryers. Ever.

Personaly, I just use cheap drugstore shampoo and conditioner. It does the job; I don't really believe in fancy saloon stuff unless you need it for s.t. specific, like taking care of belached hair. Make sure they don't include silicones! Otherwise, you can always use coconut oil or oilve oil for treatments (have I also mentioned coconut oil is your new best friend?).
As said I personally don't use fancy products. There's only so much a shampoo can do, and I try to use natural stuff like aforementioned oils.

These are just general tips without knowing your hair type. I hope it helps, for more specific stuff you'd need to give more details.
I don't have thin hair so I can't help much on that, but I assume a proper hair cut and styling can help giving it more volume.
>>
>>8945010
Oil shampoo (like Suave's almond oil shampoo) and biotin.
>>
File: gsfdgksd.png (4 MB, 1269x1991) Image search: [Google]
gsfdgksd.png
4 MB, 1269x1991
Advice on a haircut to better frame a circular face? I have type 3a naturally curly hair so adorable bangs aren't really an option. Currently all one length reaching the small of my back. Ready for a moderately drastic change.

Pic related.
>>
>>8952238
Face framing layers starting at or just below chin length. You want the shortest layers to be able to sit forward of your ears so that they lengthen your face rather than widen.
>>
>>8952238
Sorry I dont have any advice for you, but wow your hair is so lovely!
>>
>>8952238
Wtf, my hair is a 3A as well and I can do bangs perfectly. Of course I have to flat iron them after the shower, but if your hair is well hydrated they won't spring towards anyone else's eyes. Just cut them a bit longer than usual so you can curl them inwards, it looks more natural than the super sleek ones.
>>
>>8952258
Oh, I didn't mean it was too curly to keep straightened when they're styled, but its my preference not to have to flat iron them every day. I am still considering cutting bangs, but I was also looking for a lower maintenance option. I know, it's pretty lazy. I'm glad to know its not too much upkeep though so thanks!

>>8952252
>>8952253
Thank you!
>>
Went to get the highlights (pale blonde in black) touched up. Took forever and she wouldn't let me take out the first ones which had been in for over an hour by the time she did the last ones.
>Rip in pieces, bangs.
>>
>>8944588
You need a real toner. The purple shampoo wont get it to what you are looking for. Go to a local sally's and tell them you want a neutral/ash toner, someone should be able to help you. If you have any friends with a licence to purchase salon quality get goldwell 8na and mix with 1/4 ng to get a nice color. leave it on your hair for about 20min. Then keep your follow up with the purple shampoo for upkeep.
>>
>>8945010
Castor oil will just get the appearance of hair density sadly. What I would suggest if your hair is colored to stay away from anything with sulfate/parabens. This will strip hair color and weaken hair.
It's a 10 is a great product for hair health, shine, and strength. For a weekly treatment I recommend Kerastase. If you have the money to spend on it it is literally the best thing ever. If you can get the entire line. You will never have a problem with breakage again. they also have a volumizing product to help with limp hair.
>>
Whats the laziest thing I can do with straight hair thatll pass for lolita coords?

Right now I just have blunt bangs and am growing my hair out. its about shoulder length now.
>>
Hey gulls, I'm graduating this summer, so would you have any recommendations for hair styles fit for a graduation day? My hair is boob-covering length and pretty thick and I have bangs. I don't really have any special wishes, hair up or hair down, I'm open for anything!
>>
Can anybody reccomend a good blue-toned grey box dye?

All I can find is ash. Might try using ash and a blue rinse over it.
>>
Does anyone here have any experience with Olaplex or special hair treatments like straightening, brazilian blowouts etc?

I live in a humid state so my hair gets insanely frizzy, plus I have silver hair so I have a fair amount of damage from bleaching/dying.

My hair shapes great with straightening but it frizzes so fast.. I've tried coconut oils, serum etc but if a treatment would help better I'd love suggestions.
>>
>>8953185
Did a brazilian blow out. Made my hair so straight and smooth, I couldn't get anything to stay in it. If you're just fighting frizz, it's a good option. If you have curls, be aware that some find their curl texture ruined by it. Make sure you go to someone who knows what they're doing. Expect to pay for that, and I'd avoid groupons. Look up reviews of the salon, stylist, etc.
>>
This is gonna sound dumb, but I've never done anything with my hair before in my life other than shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes I straighten it, but it gets a little frizzy/I don't use any product.
Where should I start if I want to make my hair nice and smooth like in the OP pic? Also I don't know if it makes a difference in terms of hair care but I'm Asian and have coarse and thick-is hair.
>>
>>8903320
I think wavy bangs can be super pretty too, you see them in larme sometimes
>>
>>8953168
I really like Pravana Vivids, mix it 50/50 with conditioner so it's not too dark
>>
Does anyone know where to buy a good quality clip-in bangs piece? Human hair would be best. I bought a clip-in before but it looked horrendous, it was super obvious where it was attached.
>>
File: 201409301412045742.jpg (148 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
201409301412045742.jpg
148 KB, 533x800
>>8940641
Tina Tamashiro has hair exactly like that.
>>
File: Photo on 4-9-16 at 11.31 PM.jpg (235 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-9-16 at 11.31 PM.jpg
235 KB, 1080x720
I really don't know what to do with my hair anymore, but I feel that it doesn't have any style and I'm just sick of it.

How should I cut it? Color it? Style it?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>>8954326
it's pretty qt anon. i think if you get some bangs it'll pull the whole thing together a lot more.
>>
>>8953303
Use a heat protecting serum and look up blow drying tutorials, try "the beauty department". Most of the sleek straight look is a combination of product and heat styling.
>>
>>8954333
Thank you, do you think that straight bangs or side bangs would look better?
>>
>>8954422
TBD bloggers all have gross hair with ratty ends and torture the shit out of it with heat styling and bleach. The Long Hair Community has much better tips.
>>
File: 1384547472370.png (187 KB, 310x425) Image search: [Google]
1384547472370.png
187 KB, 310x425
>>8947019
I think it looks really nice. I have pretty much the same haircut anon. I think it works fine with larme and most street styles. That slightly messy tousled look is really in. Headbands and nice hairclips work well too. I don't really know what else to say, it grows back so its not like it'll be that way for long if you're really unhappy.
>>
>>8947019
Honestly, I think your hair is extremely cute. I'd say add a simple bow or one of those "bunny ears" for larme.
>>
>>8947055
I think it looks super cute anon and reminiscent of the j-cuts that are really popular now. I think the hairdresser did a good job, don't sweat it.
>>
I'm considering getting a perm done, any tips for a first-timer? I'm thinking of a short bob along the lines of a 3B, right now I've just got straight hair and an oval face. Would it be a good idea?
>>
>>8952268
This is >>8952258 again, I guess you're out of luck if you wash your hair every day, but I haven't felt the need to style them more than once in between washes (I only wash my hair once a week). I've also found that using a round brush while blow drying can keep them in check for a day or two, but it could work for you if you wash your hair more often and don't need them to be so long lasting (and if you use a hair dryer, which I don't either).
>>
>>8954430
side bangs would match the playfulness of it a lot more than straight bangs
>>
I recently did my hair red to blonde ombre, but now I'm totally unsure of how to watch it without the red leaking into the blonde
>>
>>8954565
They were specifically asking about the hair in OP - none of that is achieved without heat and product, hence why I recommended TBD as the LHC tends to be all about hair protection and heat free styling, which is fine for growing your hair long but doesn't really tell you how to replicate the OP hairstyles particularly with what sounds like typical Asian hair (which tends to pull out of curls and sit quite flat without heat or product). The TBD bloggers' hair is pretty fried from the amount of styling they do but it's not like blow drying it a couple times a week would make your hair look like that, they legit curl or straighten and blow dry their hair daily as well as using a ton of strong chemicals.
>>
File: attempt.jpg (134 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
attempt.jpg
134 KB, 960x960
>>8954603
I attempted this the other day, but I don't know about whether is really looks good or not..
>>
>>8955236
Coat the blonde in conditioner before you wash the red. Also if you have a detachable shower head hold the lengths of your hair away from your head as you rinse your scalp.

>>8952483
Braided updos are pretty popular. If you like GOT you could definitely replicate some of those styles with practice, I believe Cute Girls' Hairstyles have video tutes for some of those looks.

>>8952453
Straight hair with bangs is fine for lolita as long as it is all in place rather than has lots of flyaways. The thing to be aware is that anything larger than a small bow may overwhelm your head if you don't have a lot of volume at the crown so it may be worth giving your hair a little lift on the top of your head, either by styling it with hairspray or blowdrying it - it's quite a subtle effect but makes a big difference in terms of your headwear not overpowering you.
>>
>>8954297
Ahhhh this is so cute, I have this cut just no bangs, it looks so nice but I know it's ass to maintain.
>>
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 354x415) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 354x415
Just jumping in to recommend this thing.

Doesn't smell gross like Etude House's (and most Asian) hair masks. Has a really subtle vanilla and macadamia scent.

There's heaps in it and my super-fried hair now feels like butter. I imagine that if you used it on less damaged hair it would be incredible.
>>
So my hair goes from being dry to oily almost all time. I dont really know how to take care of it - if I wash it too often it becomes dry, and sometimes it has like "oil" that leaves white trace on combs. It's thin and curly so I straighten it a bit with hair drier. I try to use shampoos for normal hair because with shampoo for dry hair it becomes oily quickly and with shampoo for oily it becomes dry quickly.
>>
File: hair.jpg (141 KB, 480x700) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
141 KB, 480x700
What items can I use to pin up my real hair like this? Imagine those twin tail lolita wigs but with the twin tails up high rather than on the sides -- that's what I'm going for but with my natural hair. Bobby pins are too weak and claw clips I have are bulky and fall down. I'm looking at ULTA and Sally beauty's websites, can anyone recommend products (hair pins, clips, etc) where I can pin my hair up like this? I have fine, thin hair.
>>
>>8957215
I'm starting the process of going black to blonde, so my hair is feeling a little dry. I have to check this out
>>
>>8958044
With thin hair it might be tough buuut I imagine with some teasing you could fluff up your hair. Honestly though you might be better off getting extensions.
>>
>>8955728
That looks pretty cute Anon! I like the color too
>>
>>8958044

The last time I did one of the high twin-tail lolita styles with my real hair I just did pull-through ponies. I'm going to suggest you do an upside down braid though. It'll get all of your hair to the top of your head at least, and then you can work out the curls with whatever hair is left.

If you want the style in the pic you posted, though, it'd probably easier if you search for bump it hairstyle tutorials.
>>
>>8954326
Anon, your hair color looks great and I wouldn't change it. With your texture I'd go for a pixie/short bob cut. Absolutely no bangs, you'd have to straighten them and it would look odd as hell.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>8938888
You could put a roller in it at night. Or a curl clip like this pic. Do it while hair is kinda wet or spray a mix of water/frizz conditioner, put it up in the roller, let it dry over night, light comb in the morning.
>>
>>8930712
Holy shit this is a dream come true THANK YOU SO MUCH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR THIS

My entire life "western hairdressers" would never get my bangs right, they kept giving me the "normie" bangs which are so so ugly and make ME look ugly! I never knew how to explain it and just thought well Japanese people must have some secret that no one else knows, yet here it is! I almost want to cry. With this guide I can finally get a western hairdresser to understand the look I want.

I feel so emotional over this but after years of horrible haircuts and no one ever understanding the hair I want (even with pictures) I finally have this. I always knew Japanese style bangs had a secret to them. I'm gonna end up repeating myself at this point, but I feel like my torture has finally ended. All those years of looking ugly can be cured with this guide. Thank you so much.
>>
>>8930712
Anon this is amazing. Can you do one for side swept bangs as well? Same concept?
>>
File: 1449429625069.jpg (631 KB, 720x715) Image search: [Google]
1449429625069.jpg
631 KB, 720x715
>>8940641

Top center of this pic is fairly similar I think
>>
>>8930712
>>8959443
Wow thank you for highlighting this, this is fantastic. Do you think it's actually easier to maintain Japanese style bangs being less thick or do they just get oily faster? This really makes me want to do it but I'm so hesitant.
>>
File: Sin título.png (487 KB, 449x457) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
487 KB, 449x457
Has anybody used a hot brush for straightening the hair? Found it on ebay for cheap.
Has anybody ordered it and used it?
>>
>>8959838
i got one for my birthday. i've used it once but it didn't do much, but i think that's because my hair is above my shoulders.
if you have longer hair it'd probably work better.
>>
File: 1459782396223.jpg (35 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1459782396223.jpg
35 KB, 535x462
Do you gulls think cutting is the only solution for damaged hair?

My hair is around 85cm and the tips are somewhat damaged (a bit dry, split ends here and there) and I am willing to cut arround 10cm, but I'll do it only if there is no other solution.
It's worth noting my hair has been bleached once before but I don't use any dye on it anymore

Any tips? Been doing treatment once a week, argan oil everyday, is there something else I could do?
>>
>>8959845
>tl;dr There is zero way of reversing damage on hair because it's already dead silica. The best thing you can do is remove damage and hide damage.

I'd just trim the very edges (around 2cm) and let it keep growing, trimming every couple of months. That way you'll still at least maintain the length. Eventually you'll have removed all of the damage and can let it grow without bothering.

Argan is the best thing for making your hair LOOK and FEEL good. That shit is amazing.
People say "Oh no, never ever use products with silicone in it! It just hides the damage instead of fixing it!" as though it could be nursed back to heath in the first place. It's stupid. Silicone products are fantastic for the appearance of your hair by coating the follicles and making them smooth.
>>
>>8952483
Lots of girls go for big ass curls and full makeup. I suggest doing a trial run that includes pinning the cap to your head to find the time needed. My sis did em for me and it took 2 hours because she wanted to feel included.
>>
I still can't decide if I want bangs or not, ugh. I have a tiny but of wave in my hair so I don't know if straight bangs would look good?
>>
>>8959845
If it's split, it's done. If it crunches when you squeeze it in your hand, it's done. Cutting is a mercy, but you can get hair scissors and trim off the bare minimum fairly easily.
>>
>>8960670
Could you give us an example instead of just telling us that you have a /bit/ of a wave?
>>
>>8960675
Crunching isn't necessarily a bad thing (unless it never used to crunch, obviously.)

My natural hair crunches, because the follicle texture is coarse and kinky. A lot of people will curly hair get it.
>>
File: notmyhairbtw.jpg (333 KB, 1600x1243) Image search: [Google]
notmyhairbtw.jpg
333 KB, 1600x1243
what the hell do i do with hair that's so damaged it constantly feels crunchy because of split ends and coloring damage? i'm not going to color it again and i try so hard not to use heat tools, but my hair is so frizzy and shitty i have to do something to it or else i look homeless. i also use hair masks 1x a week, use good conditioner, only shampoo every three days even though the extra oil is shitting up my skin.

inb4 cut it, I know but is there any other way to nurse it back to normalcy or am i doomed? i really want to grow it out so i'm giving up coloring and want to give up heat styling. thanks anons
>>
>>8960692
Hair is dead, there's no way to "nurse" it back to health. Cut the gross ends off and let it grow.
>>
>>8960704
i'm not looking for health, just normalcy. like, being able to manage it while i grow it out. i've cut off the worst bits but it's still not great.

so it's just the same thing i've heard no matter what: cut everything off and all start over again. great, thanks.
>>
>>8960692
Sorry but that hair is past the point of no return. My condolences, it looks like my old Miku wig.
>>
>>8960709
What else do you fucking expect, anon? Stop watching Garnier commercials and grow up, there's no miracle product that can help you now because hair is fucking dead and you can't "nurse" something that is dead. You can't keep putting lotion on a dead person and expect their skin to continue looking "normal" because there's no bloodflow to restore nutrition at a cellular level. Your hair masks can only do just that, they coat the hair in shit but they cannot restore your hair because it's fucking ruined.
Literally your only option is to cut it all off and be much kinder to the hair that grows back in.
Also it wouldn't kill you to take a cosmetology course or two at your local college because goddamn you're dumb.
>>
>>8960709
>i'm not looking for health, just normalcy
What exactly do you think normalcy is
Seriously, I want to know.
>>
>>8960715
>>8960718
Keep it salty, /cgl/
>>
>>8960715
>>8960718
Could you samefag any harder? Jesus, try to be less of a raging bitch next time someone asks for help.

>>8960709
Anon, unfortunately you will have to cut it off. You are misinformed about what hair can and cannot do. Sounds like you're on the right track with not dyeing and using heat tools though! Just try to treat your hair better after getting rid of the most damaged parts, and in about a year you will see some good growth. Best of luck!

Oh, and don't waste your money on cosmetology classes if you don't intend on being a hairdresser. That's a dumb idea.
>>
>>8960692
Yikes, you're going to have to get that cut. It's only like two or three inches though. But definitely get that shit trimmed.
>>
File: 1366509757687.gif (2 MB, 358x202) Image search: [Google]
1366509757687.gif
2 MB, 358x202
>>8960715
this
>>
>>8960760
>>8960772
Not either of those anons, but I thought the same thing.
"So it's still the same thing everyone else has told me? Whatever. Thanks, asshole."

If you're going to be shitty about the advice you receive, expect to be called out on it.

>tl;dr Yes, it's the same that everybody has told you because it's true, you rude bitch.
>>
>>8960692
You have got to use a heat resistant sprays for styling. You hair looks crazy fried. I know other people said you can't fix it and it's true. If anything get yourself a cut pixie cut and never, ever, use a flat iron or a curler [In your case maybe not even a blow dryer] without a heat protecting spray. Stop bleaching at home too.
>>
>>8907468
Try taking biotin supplements.
>>
>>8957767
Try washing it once or twice a week, overwashing leads to an overproduction of oils to conpensate for the loss. It'a gonna take a bit of time to get your hair to adjust but you can use dry shampoo in the mean time.

On the subject of heat protectant spray, is it worth it to dish out on an expensive ones or is drugstore just as good?
>>
>>8960715
To be fair anon, even 'healthy' hair is dead.
Follicles under the surface of your skin is alive, but once it hits air, it's dead.
>>
File: G57Zu7unymp5eyglf2PcruXao1_500.jpg (60 KB, 408x306) Image search: [Google]
G57Zu7unymp5eyglf2PcruXao1_500.jpg
60 KB, 408x306
>>8932785
Every time I see this post I made I read it in Frank's voice.
>you know what it is, bitch
>>
>>8960900
As someone with lower-back length hair in great condition who used to have a frizzy mop on their head years ago, nothing damages hair as much as dyeing and bleaching. Chemical processing is what really ruined it for me. Heat styling doesnt even come close. Maybe you can fuck up virgin hair if you sizzle the shit out of it with a flat iron, but blow drying is pretty harmless imo. Ive blown out my hair every 2-3 days for 3 years and its quite healthy and shiny
>>
>>8960946
That's exactly what that anon was actually saying.
>>
I've had bangs for years but decided on a change a few months back (new year, new you and all that rubbish) so am in the process of growing it out. I was doing well early on in that I could still flip my bangs over and look semi-presentable but now it's almost reached my chin and fuck this, I want out. I've a really high forehead and honestly my head looks seriously weird without bangs covering it. I've also had a side parting for years but when I tried to part my bangs down the middle I was horrified, I look like someone from a bad 1970s photo.

How have you seagulls managed growing out your bangs? I could use some motivation right now because I'm tempted to call the whole growing out thing off and go back.
>>
>>8961164
I've joined the ranks oh the side sweep and never looked back. My square jaw has thanked me since.
Since it's at your chin, you could cut it into hime bangs.
>>
>>8960692

Cut the dead ends off. It's how I repaired my hair.
>>
>>8959848
>>8960675
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll have to trim it a bit.
>>
>>8952238
What products (if any) do you use?
They look so sleek and frizz-free.
>>
>>8952238
>>8962096
Seconding this, they're quite nice.
>>
>>8901040
Mine never look this flowy or cute, they look like coiled snakes or poop spirals.
>>
>>8904362
Never heard of it until you posted about it, but now I have to try it!
One tutorial said it'll take 2 months for full results, but results show in the first use. I'll post about how I go in a future Hair Thread... hope you're following these threads too anon
>>
>>8962803
You need to let them loosen/fluff up before you pin them...
>>
best place to get cheapish human hair extensions? I just want clip ins and will be dying them to my colour (bleach blonde) and it will only be for occasional use so I am not set on getting the best of the best. If people just recommend ebay, any sellers people have used and been happy with before?
>>
>>8962952
I bought mine back in 2010 and the seller appears to have gone now - I looked for Remy hair and also the total weight in grams rather than the number of extensions as you can get really piddly thin "3-clip" and "4 clip" ones. I ended up doubling up and resewing some of mine since my own hair is quite thin so makes it harder to hide clips, that way I only had to hide one area where the clips were.
>>
File: 1460633923138.jpg (59 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1460633923138.jpg
59 KB, 500x708
do these type of curly bangs have a name? been trying to look up tutorials but haven't had any luck
>>
>>8962952
ive actually gotten human hair off of aliexpress just fine. i bought it to weft into a human hair wig that was a little thing in the back
>>
My hair is grazing my collarbones now which means it's long enough to style. I'm very glad to finally be able to participate in hair threads (before i got into jfash, about 3 years ago, i cut my hair very short and havent been able to do much with it since)
>>
>>8960692
I had hair like this when I used to bleach it myself. No amount of argon oil or conditioner could fix it, so I just cut it off and started going to the salon to get my bleaching done
>>
>>8962993
Thank you for this tip, did you have any problem with hair falling out from sewing it yourself?
>>8963771
what shop/s did you buy from?
>>
>>8964030
No because I didn't cut the wefts at all, they were pre-cut into 4-clip/3-clip/2-clip sizes but instead of having 4 2 clip pieces I removed the clips from one, doubled them up by stacking them on top of each other and had 2 2-clip pieces of double thickness.
>>
>>8964030
Bought from this listing, it shipped very fast
http://s.aliexpress.com/JV32MFrM
Also I bleached it with L'oreal quick blue and volume 30 developer and didn't run into any problems with shedding or anything
>>
>>8953390
Beauty supply store, especially one that caters to black women.
>>
Does anyone have any cute hairstyles to wear with a hat? I wear so many hats with lolita and I'm tired of plain hair or braids
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.