[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This board will never be as good as it was in '07
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 132664529922.jpg (76 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
132664529922.jpg
76 KB, 552x414
This board will never be as good as it was in '07
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JrG95HhL2k
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w&ab_channel=LordSephiroth3817
>>
>>8899762
I don't know, I'm glad that there isn't constant Kipi spamming anymore. That said, I doubt the current popular figures in cosplay are any better.
>>
>>8899906
Kill yourself
>>
true
>>
>>8899762
>kipi kipi kipi

Naw. The real glory days were when drama was perpetuated and spread like wildfire.
>no more constant threads about our queen and kooter
>>
>>8900745
>>no more constant threads about our queen and kooter
I miss drama but I don't miss this aspect of it to be honest.
>>
File: 1448320152364.jpg (339 KB, 522x678) Image search: [Google]
1448320152364.jpg
339 KB, 522x678
>tfw no archive for that time
>>
>>8900749
I never cared for kooter, but PT and that one fakeboi was pretty funny.
what even was the fakebois name again, aki? or something.
>>
Oh, and I really do miss when this board wasn't dominated by lolita, and this is coming from a lolita as well.
It used to be so much faster, too!
>>
>>8900775
What is there even to say about cosplay? Noone wants to talk about cosplay aside from some help and advice. There is much more going on in lolita fashion all around the year, not just con season.
>>
File: current cgl.jpg (27 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
current cgl.jpg
27 KB, 500x370
>>8900782
There's new media coming out all the time? Also, no one wants to talk so that's why there's several cosplay generals?
I don't know, anon, saying there's nothing here for cosplay is maybe projecting your interests on the rest of us.

There's not a "fair" comparison since cosplay is more dependant on something catching on and making a fanbase as opposed to brands creating a fairly constant stream of clothes, I'll give you that much. Besides, the dramabans have quieted down talk about actual cosplayers themselves something fierce. I think people are just a bit scared to even talk about anyone specific since it can easily derail into whatever the janitor decides is too much.

On one hand, I don't particularly miss the drama. On the other, /cgl/ feels a lot more... flattened? without it. Pic related.
>>
What is Kipi up to these days anyways?
>>
>>8900775
last time someone complained about this, there were about 10 more cosplay-only threads than jfash-only threads. usually, it's about even (about 30 cosplay-only threads, 30 jfash-only, with the rest being suited to either). i am not going to count this time because people like you will never change your opinion, no matter how much evidence is presented.
>>
this board was never any good
>>
>>8901354
It's because it used to be more cosplay dominated than Lolita dominated, and drama was allowed, which made it more interesting. You can say it's an even split all you want, but there are consistently more lolita/jfash threads than cosplay threads. I'm not counting neutral threads, like general convention threads.

>>8900759
Fuck, we lost so much good history. I miss cosplay power hours.
>>
>>8901396
Has anything really ever any good?
>>
>>8901422
>You can say it's an even split all you want, but there are consistently more lolita/jfash threads than cosplay threads. I'm not counting neutral threads, like general convention threads.
neither am i, and they are always just about tied. i count literally every time this gets brought up.

remember, hair, makeup, Taobao, etc. threads also apply to both sides. i count progress threads as applicable to both even though jfash types tend to post their work to indie/handmade threads, and i count convention threads and regional threads as both even though those are mostly dominates by cosplay. i count idol/dance group/ita bags as jfash even though they tend to have a big cosplayer presence because they are, in the end, about fashion.

the only significant difference i have found in the number of cosplay-only versus jfash-only threads is that there are more obvious crossboarding/noob/fetish threads on the cosplay side than the jfash side, because most of 4chan considers this a cosplay board and doesn't care about jfash.
>>
>tfw no more boobs threads where femanons would post their boobs
>>
>>8899762
idk but this board has no manager for 4cc. Apparently
>>
File: 092914-happy-cat-istock-600.jpg (236 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
092914-happy-cat-istock-600.jpg
236 KB, 600x450
I miss kooter drama,PT drama and Penus Angelic drama and the tripfags it was really fucking annoying sometimes but also so entertaining at times . Lolita evolved,there was so much to talk about besides new releases,that whole "spirit of lolita" there was back then is dead now. Same for cosplay. There was a special mindset that made it so exciting to discuss.
I feel bored nowadays. Lolita is boring,cosplay is boring,people are boring.
Doushio
>>
>>8904928
everyone feels this way about the past.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.