[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Con Memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Talk about the good times you had at cons!

One of my favorites was getting kissed on the head by Michael Rooker. Felt like one of the warmest grandfatherly moments I ever had.
>>
I had my second con ever a little while ago, and I cosplayed as Lucy from Elfen Lied. It was my first fully selfmade cosplay and quite a few people wanted pictures which was really exciting for me. But one encounter that really got to me was this semi-young kid (14? Boy? Girl? Not sure.) who came up to me, and with this super shaky voice and eyes wide as they can be asked if they could give me a hug. I was quite baffled but agreed and after that they thanked me with an ever shakier voice and said something that i/the cosplay/the character is amazing (they mumbled, couldn't really make out what they said) and went back to their group. It might not sound like much but the way they looked at me, it was like how those 5yr olds look at Cinderella when they meet her at Disneyland for the first time. It was beautiful and it made my day.
>>
A bunch of friends and I were waiting for a friend outside a con, they were cosplaying Homesteak and I was cosplaying Marvel's Patriot. As we're standing there a mum and her really young son (3-5 something, very tiny) approached us and she asked what we were doing etc, meanwhile her son was staring his eyes out at me. Right before they left I kind of waved at him and the kid shone up like the damn sun and waved back at me with both hands while trying to keep up with his mum. So that was cool. Though I'm pretty sure he thought I was Captain America.
>>
File: image.gif (744 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
744 KB, 300x228
Story 1:
Ive told it on here before, but me and a friend split the cost of getting a picture with Bruce Campbell, and it turns out Nathan Fillion, taking a picture a few booths over and photobombed us. We got to speak to him for a bit, very nice (and good-looking) dude. Apparently Bruce and Nathan do this to each other all the time and we were just happy victims of the cross-fire.

Story 2:
Cosplaying as Captain Cold (The CW) and walk by a little girl with her family whos dressed up as The Flash. As we cross I do the "Im watching you" hand motion (pic related) and this big smile beams across her face, starts laughing and digs her face into her dads leg. They come over, we chat about The Flash for a bit and ask for a picture. So now theres a picture of an 9 year old girl "punching" me. Haha
>>
My friend and I cosplayed as female Thor and Loki at the last con we went to. In the dealer's room there was this little boy with his parents. The boy kept staring at us as we looked at stuff. When we'd look at him, he'd shyly look away.

His dad says to him: "Do you want to take a picture with Thor and Loki?"
I look at boy and smile and he looks away before saying "..... ye-yeah..."
I was gonna die it was so cute. Made my day.

>>8897368
YES. Me too. I've been a fan of Michael Rooker's since one of his earlier horror movies. I got his autograph at a con but didn't have the money to pay for a photo. I started practically crying and thanking him for coming and he insisted on taking a picture with me for free. He hugged me really close and put his head on my head for the pic. Such a great guy!
>>
One of many favorite memories is from my first Fanime. I was wearing my Gurren Kamina Cosplay and I was having issues walking down stairs. While trying to walk the chairman of Fanime saw me struggling and gave me a piggyback ride to the bottom floor.

Chairman of Fanime, you da real MVP
>>
I got to meet Matthew Gray Gubler at SDCC a few years ago.
He was wandering around the dealer's hall and I kind of froze up so my friend went up to him and was like "yo, my friend over there is basically in love with you. can you talk to her?"
He practically ran over to hug me and was really excited to talk to me. We took a picture together, he told me I was really cute and kissed my cheek before leaving with his friends.

Also got a meet a few Face Off contestants at Monsterpalooza last year. Anthony Kosar is a total sweetheart and super fun to talk to. He recognized me every time I went past his table and would make sure to wave and ask how I was doing. Got to meet his dad too. Met Wednesday 13 later that night and he touched my butt when we took a picture. It was an accident, but still. Horror cons are literally the best for meeting awesome people.
>>
I had just finished building my Stormtrooper armor kit and took it to the next con I was going to. Had plenty of people ask for pictures, but the one I still remember was when I was walking back to my hotel room through a not-so-populated hall and came across a guy dressed up like a Jedi with his 4 or 5 year old daughter. She knew what I was and started getting a little shy or scared and went to hug her dad's leg. I waved hello to her and took off my helmet so she could see I'm just a regular guy and that seemed to calm her down. She started smiling and asked her dad if she could get a picture of us.

It was nice.
>>
>>8897549
aw, i love the flash a lot, so hearing that story made me really happy. it's always great when cosplay makes kids' days.
>>
Last year, me and a group of friends decided to do a Yowamushi Pedal group cosplay, and I suggested that it would've been really cool to make a fun little skit, taking inspiration from the stage plays. I spent so many hours coming up with the choreography, mixing the sounds and background videos, but I was really worried, because we didn't really live close to each other, so we only had two con days to practice.
We worked so hard, and practiced from like ... 3am the night before the skit contest. In the end it turned out pretty alright, and I was so proud of everyone, and we were just huddled together in a big group hug after, sobbing, because it was over. I've never been so upset about leaving a convention before. One of my best con experiences ever.
>>
A little kid fangirled over me when I was cosplaying Wyldstyle. That was nice. I let her hold my Lego for the picture.

I'd like to come across the pic online some day, but I don't know if her dad posted it anywhere.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.