[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: mintneko.jpg (141 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
mintneko.jpg
141 KB, 639x960
They just announced Mint Neko, have had Harajuku Hearts and other companies in the past. Are they becoming the new Texas j-fashion destination since Anime Matsuri has been such a mess?
>>
I'm trying to decide between A-kon and San Japan. it looks like SJ is the better choice between the two, but what do you guys think?
>>
>>8893942

I dont think akon has announced their fashion guests yet. I think someone said they would have them, but don't know why they are waiting.
>>
>>8893946
Akon is projecting 40k people this year. I guess they're lying about attendance along with AM. What west coast shows have fashion elements? Time for a flight.
>>
>>8893942
Take it from someone who started going to A-kon in 2000, it's a fucking shithole. They were good back in the day, but they don't own up to or correct mistakes when they fuck up. SJ is pretty damn receptive to the congoers and it is the fastest growing con in Texas for a reason.
>>
>Are they becoming the new Texas j-fashion destination since Anime Matsuri has been such a mess?
They better not. I go to SJ for actual guests.
>>
>>8894680
I've gone to A-kon the past two years and I wasn't sure if it was just me being new to the con scene or if they were just bad, but last year was horrible and a huge mess. I'll def. go to SJ then! It would be a good time to get a hotel and ticket now, correct?
>>
>>8893915
There spending so much in fashion guests that there actual guest are shit
>>
>>8893915
It's a smart move for them, but I wish they'd be more ambitious with their programming. SJ should contact Palace of Princes and make a big Nightfall-esque event.

>>8895162
Their guests have always been shit.
>>
>>8895360
They're good if you care about the industry, which alot of people should since it actually makes the anime we cosplay.
>>
>>8893946
>>8893915
And I'd be surprised if this was the only fashion guest SJ announces. Having been to all the TX cons besides Ikki, I've enjoyed SJ the best. Hope they don't disappoint but it's not like I'm going back to AM, so...
>>
A lot of people came from out of state last year just for the fashion so I'm sure they're gonna try to build it even more.
>>
>>8895360

I'm just tired of American VA's. Forget the cult of Matt Mercer and these other people. I don't know who I want to see at shows, but it isn't the Funimation stable of actors.
>>
>>8895421
In all seriousness, if you care about the industry, buy merch from the shows you like while they are airing.

Guests at conventions don't impact production very much. Japanese or American. They're typically on individual appearance bills, and that doesn't impact what gets made or continues to be made. Buying merch is what gets you more of the shows you like, because that is where they make their money. Advertising and ratings are a drop in the bucket compared to sales of stickers and keychains and action figures and plushies and so forth. So go forth. Spend on the shows you like.
>>
>>8896028
I didn't say meeting industry guests supports the industry. I said it would be great to meet the people they make the anime that cosplayers get famous for. I'd meet Studio Madhouse over someone who's famous for cosplaying.
>>
>>8896040
That's fair. I interpreted your "care about the industry" statement incorrectly. Generally, when people say that they care about or want to support something, it comes down to financials. My bad.
>>
>>8896017
>>8896028
>>8896040
If they started flying in studios and actual seiyuu, they'd win me over. I'm not all that excited about their fashion guests.
>>
>>8896214
They're bringing the guy who made Bad Apple, so that's a plus there. Plus Rookiez iz Punk'd.
>>
>>8896243
Yeah it's not like they're not listening to fans asking for better guests. I'm pretty excited about the Rookiez show, I think a lot of people are.
>>
>>8896214
I wonder if they have a hard time getting studios. They're not even a top ten con. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun weekend. But they're still years away from the size and reputation of AM, AX, A-Boston, and all the other triple-a anime events.
>>
>>8897317

Price. Studios and anything outside the U.S. is very expensive.
>>
Only 6 months guys.
>>
>>8895360
I heard a rumor that they're going to do a Nightfall-esque event since they're moving to labor day and extra days to fill. I don't usually trust the rantings of the Texas Lolita scene but they got it from a source inside the con.
>>
Can't wait for SJ, haven't been in two years.
>>
>>8901252
When they announced the date change they were adamant that they were remaining a 3 day con. That rumor seems pretty baseless.
>>
>>8902095
They could do an extension of the con at the mall where Nine Tails and MiniMini Con is. It'd be a waste to not take advantage of the long weekend.
>>
>>8902193
They have flat out said they aren't doing Monday programing. They don't want to stay on the holiday so they don't want people to get used to a 4 day event.
>>
>>8902416
Yeah, unlike Dragoncon and A-Fest where the Labor Day date was a conscious decision and therefore so was having a four day con, for SJ this is a schedule they've been forced into due to construction, they'll only stay there for as long as they have to. However, and other anons feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember mention of programming continuing on later on Sunday because they're not worried about people leaving early so they can be rested for going back to work on Monday? I for one am going to enjoy having a buffer day myself. It'll be nice to not have to ask off a day to sleep the con off.
>>
>>8896214
Anime Fest has been my favorite for anime guests the past 2 years. Meeting Space Dandy staff and several animators that worked on Ghibli and Mamoru Hosoda movies have been surreal.
>>
Totally put of topic for fashion and date discussion but did anyone else see this fucker post in the SJ group asking how should he sign up to perform at SJ?

https://youtu.be/UXYwxcpXrjE
>>
>>8903053

This sorta thing happens a lot. A majority will be rejected as they waste valuable time and space that could be used toward people with actual talent.
>>
>>8903053
That is a lot of cringe.
>>
>>8903053
>that guy
He means well, but god damn, he needs to hang it up.
>>8901797
Still the best con in TX imo. I doubt anything has come close to it's superior management.
>>
>>8903053
How is it that most talentless fucks always have the biggest balls and ego?
>>
>>8904675
Autism
>>
>>8904675
Because this isn't an anime.
>>
>>8903053
Update: he posted a better auto version but the way he slurs his words and "raps" in general is still horrible as fuck.. he just sounds more autisic

https://youtu.be/nQA_BnuTr88
>>
>>8904722
I wish he kept his words blurred. The lyrics when you hear them are just...oh god.
>>
>>8904722
I'm ashamed to live in the same city as him.
>>
Can we talk about other San Antonio events?
> Mizuumi-con, April 2 and 3
> Mini-mini-con, May 14th
> Matsuri Mayhem, May 21st
>>
>>8906505
Is Matsuri Mayhem another event for Missy to self promote herself?
>>
>>8906552
Don't know who that is, just saw a post in the San Japan facebook group.
>>
>>8904722

He's hitting up the Akon groups too now
>>
>>8906601
It's hosted by a local cosplayer known to announce she is guesting at conventions when she only has a booth and not in the official guest lineup. I'm pretty sure this event is just for her ego
>>
>>8906552
The event is in a tiny ballroom in the middle of bum fuck atacosa county. Hard pass.
>>
>>8906505
Is it Mini Mini Con or Mini Akon that's having it's last year?
>>
>>8907174
Pretty sure it's not Mini Mini Con...
>>
>>8907174
This is supposed to be the last year for Mizuumi because they're getting kicked off campus.
>>
>>8906609
Such hack. Wow
>>
>>8907380
Is that true?
>>
>>8907174

Mini akon just had to move to a larger venue. Don't think it has any plans to cancel outside of insane ice weather
>>
>>8893942
SJ has shit events. That is all.
>>
>>8912766
Your attention to detail really helps with the decision making process.
>>
>>8913934
Same
>>
Oklahoma here. Is it worth the drive/flight to San Antonio for this con? I've heard good things but haven't decided.
>>
>>8907380
>>8908917
Seconding this and asking if there's a possibility they might still continue but elsewhere?
>>
>>8920201
It's the best Texas has to offer so please do.
>>
>>8894680
I haven't been to Akon since 2008

>Versailles
>Monty Oum

good year, baby's first con
>>
>>8925730
Haven't been since 2011. After it got worse than the year before, I stopped going. Afest is better than A-Kon at this point.
>>
>>8923924
yeah, this is the last year of mizuumi, however they are gonna have 2 different conventions per year now, not much info is out yet though
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.